PDA

View Full Version : John-Joe O'Toole

GodstoneEagle
20-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Whispers from a Colchester supporting mate where he's been on loan. Apparently they're trying to sign him on a permanent from Watford after impressing and Mackay will let him go but Palace, Plymouth and Southampton are interested according to him.

Maybe if Carle and another midfielder goes we'd pounce? Doubt he'd be that expensive.

colin88
20-12-2009, 10:34 PM
If we're talking about rumours then I've also heard one that Nicky Bailey's coming on loan in January, but I'd be very surprised if either happened.

ThisIsDoM
20-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I would be quite happy if we signed him but I can't really see it happening.

David Amsalem
20-12-2009, 10:50 PM
He is shit.

Bailey isn't though.

But we're broke.

Aaroncpfc
20-12-2009, 10:52 PM
From the little i've seen of him I reckon he has a future at this level. He might be useful if we are to remain broke for a long period of time but if we did get investment and we could compete in this division like we did at the start of Dowie and Warnock's reign I doubt he would become that significant to us.

CPFC_DAVE77
20-12-2009, 10:55 PM
He is shit.

Is he? Oh OK that's that settled then cheers for that :rolleyes:

David Amsalem
20-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Is he? Oh OK that's that settled then cheers for that :rolleyes:

Settled what?

CPFC_DAVE77
21-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Settled what?

Whether or not O'Toole can forge a career as a succussful player, play at CCC level or higher; offer our club something were we in a financial position to make a move. But you've saved us all the hastl of scouting him because as you have informed us all, he is a 'shit' footballer.

David Amsalem
21-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Oh, alright then.

Beckenham Boy
15-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Colchester United's O'Toole could be out until 2011
John Joe O'Toole
O'Toole joined the U's from Watford on a permanent deal in January

Colchester United's John-Joe O'Toole could be out for up to nine months after rupturing a cruciate ligament.

The midfielder, 21, sustained the injury in Tuesday's defeat at Charlton.

Manager Aidy Boothroyd told BBC Essex: "He's really disappointed, but it is part and parcel of football unfortunately, it's a blow for him.

"We've got to make sure when we does come back that we work as hard as we can to ensure he's playing in a different division."

The League One promotion chasers visit Hartlepool United this weekend and could have defender Franck Queudrue back from a hamstring injury.

Striker Kayode Odejayi is set to miss out with a foot injury.

CPFC_DAVE77
15-04-2010, 12:34 PM

CPFC_DAVE77
15-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Was very highly rated, if not by the members of the BBS.