PDA

View Full Version : Moses to Wigan?

Martin H
21-12-2009, 10:29 AM
No idea if this is true or not but we know there was interest from Martinez and so it could be I guess. I would hope the nr was real but . . . .

Wigan Athletic Football Club have agreed a deal for Victor Moses.

The highly-rated Crystal Palace forward has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs this summer, including London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur.

However, reports suggest Roberto Martinez has pipped the more established top-flight duo to the 4million signature of Moses, who will remain with the Eagles for the rest of the season.

ardeo
21-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Well that coinicides exactly with what was in the investment brochure - 4 million but leaving at the end of the season

Martin H
21-12-2009, 10:30 AM
No idea if this is true or not .....

Think it may have come originally from the Sun? Maybe old noises dressed up but ?

Would be nice to keep him for the year

kolinkins
21-12-2009, 10:32 AM
I can't imagine a club (Wigan) would agree such a deal - what if he gets injured?

I can't imagine a player like Moses would agree to such a deal - he knows with a good season, he can do much better than Wigan.

Wigan would need him now, not next season.

brighton_eagle
21-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I imagined all the players we sold would end up at Wigan, so this doesn't surprise me.

As for K's comments above, I say:

1) It could be a great deal for Wigan. If Liverpool and Barca really are interested his price will get pushed up. This way Wigan secure him.

2) He'll get game time at Wigan. That's important and he's a smart lad. Better than going to Spurs at rotting in the reserves. Eh Johnny?

The Gerry Queen
21-12-2009, 10:38 AM
If you look on the 'Newsnow' site you will see that for some reason it has thrown up,today, a number of old 'Vital Football' stories from last August. The Moses story is one of them. Warnock said he hadn't heard from Wigan at the time and it was all news to him. So much for Vital Football.

Big Blue Eagle
21-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I think you'll find that that is an article from August. For some reason on NewsNow there is a raft of old articles from August suddenly appeared from Vital Football

Martin H
21-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I think you'll find that that is an article from August. For some reason on NewsNow there is a raft of old articles from August suddenly appeared from Vital Football
Yep - newsnow is where I saw it and so maybe its another puff of smoke then . . .

Big Blue Eagle
21-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Not maybe - it is a dead story

davematt
21-12-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't see Victor agreeing to a move to Wigan when the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Barcelona etc...are showing potential interest.

ANDYEAGLE
21-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't see Victor agreeing to a move to Wigan when the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Barcelona etc...are showing potential interest.

At least he would get games though. The part though where Wigan pay 4 million and let us keep him to the end of the season is ridiculous.
Warnock sometime ago said as much. If that were true we could have a situation where he helps us get promoted and Wigan get relegated. We can sign him back then:lux: No way.
Old story. Thats not to say Wigan are not interested in signing him. For me it is whoever pays the best fee.

jhc
21-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Now Liverpool seem to be interested, the bidding could start hotting up!

swissroll
21-12-2009, 12:36 PM
2) He'll get game time at Wigan. That's important and he's a smart lad. Better than going to Spurs at rotting in the reserves. Eh Johnny?

You mean Brentford surely?

Heres Bostocks quote froma few days back

"I'm loving it here (Brentford), I'm enjoying it. Its about playing competitive football, we are in a league, we are battling, we are fighting, its tough. At Tottenham I was playing youth or reserves, this is better, for me I'm learning"

And to think he could have been playing first team in a higher league, learning more, promotion shot at the Premier....good choice Johnny - not.

Anyway best of luck to VicMo wherever he ends up.

cockles
27-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Would anyone here fancy getting Jason Scotland on loan as part of any deal for Victor?

He looks a bit out of depth at Prem level, but I think he fit in quite well to the current Warnock system.

cpfcmazz
27-12-2009, 12:19 AM
**** off for 4m, this guy is better than Walcott who went for 8 or something.

morrisons shirt
27-12-2009, 10:07 AM
**** off for 4m, this guy is better than Walcott who went for 8 or something.
get down to specsavers quickly!:o

Coveta
27-12-2009, 01:22 PM

"I'm loving it here (Brentford), I'm enjoying it. Its about playing competitive football, we are in a league, we are battling, we are fighting, its tough. At Tottenham I was playing youth or reserves, this is better, for me I'm learning"

And to think he could have been playing first team in a higher league, learning more, promotion shot at the Premier....good choice Johnny - not.

Anyway best of luck to VicMo wherever he ends up.

And guess who didn'y even get off the bench yesterday?

CP Satellite
27-12-2009, 01:48 PM
And guess who didn'y even get off the bench yesterday?

I know this thread is about VicMo - but I just thought I would jog everyone's memory as to why Jobby Gobsmack left Palace! :

Bostock: I could not stay at Palace
May 31 2008

John Bostock insists he only left Crystal Palace for Tottenham to continue his development.

The 16-year-old wonderkid will sign for the Premier League outfit once a fee has been agreed between the two London clubs or a compensation package through a tribunal.

Despite nurturing the midfielder since the age of seven, Palace season ticket holder Bostock has no qualms about walking away from the club he supports.

He told the Daily Mail: "I don't know if Palace fans will ever be able to understand why a genuine Palace supporter left the club, but I was frustrated with the way I was playing under the style of football at the club.

"When I made my debut against Watford, I was ready to commit my future to Palace and could see myself playing a hundred games in no time, but I was stagnating. I need to be at a club where I can continue my development.

"Tottenham have always shown a lot of interest and I believe I will be pushed to improve my game. In the youth team at Palace, it is too easy. Even though most of the players are two years older than me, it is not a challenge. In my last game for the club, against Watford (youth), I scored two and it was just too easy.

"I like Tottenham's playing style, I will be training with the first team and playing for the reserves in my first season. I could have gone to big clubs, like Chelsea or Barcelona, but Spurs offers me the best career progression. That is my belief."

thereichstuff
27-12-2009, 02:32 PM
:hmph:

Cleon
27-12-2009, 05:45 PM
I know this thread is about VicMo - but I just thought I would jog everyone's memory as to why Jobby Gobsmack left Palace! :

Bostock: I could not stay at Palace
May 31 2008

John Bostock insists he only left Crystal Palace for Tottenham to continue his development.

The 16-year-old wonderkid will sign for the Premier League outfit once a fee has been agreed between the two London clubs or a compensation package through a tribunal.

Despite nurturing the midfielder since the age of seven, Palace season ticket holder Bostock has no qualms about walking away from the club he supports.

He told the Daily Mail: "I don't know if Palace fans will ever be able to understand why a genuine Palace supporter left the club, but I was frustrated with the way I was playing under the style of football at the club.

"When I made my debut against Watford, I was ready to commit my future to Palace and could see myself playing a hundred games in no time, but I was stagnating. I need to be at a club where I can continue my development.

"Tottenham have always shown a lot of interest and I believe I will be pushed to improve my game. In the youth team at Palace, it is too easy. Even though most of the players are two years older than me, it is not a challenge. In my last game for the club, against Watford (youth), I scored two and it was just too easy.

"I like Tottenham's playing style, I will be training with the first team and playing for the reserves in my first season. I could have gone to big clubs, like Chelsea or Barcelona, but Spurs offers me the best career progression. That is my belief."

Bostock is a sad deluded ****.

Moses has developed significantly more than Bostock since they parted routes. Which player do you think will be playing first-team football in the Premiership first?

Who Cares?
27-12-2009, 06:33 PM

Unused sub at Gillingham yesterday. No doubt advanced his career incalculably.

Big Guns
29-12-2009, 01:06 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Brom-make-1-5million-bid-for-Crystal-Palace-wonder-kid-Victor-Moses-article270151.html

They have no chance

palacemaniac
29-12-2009, 02:00 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Brom-make-1-5million-bid-for-Crystal-Palace-wonder-kid-Victor-Moses-article270151.html

They have no chance

:D
But seriously if this does happen I will be distraught...West Brom...really??

Cleon
29-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Somebody has to open the bidding. And they (West Brom) might not be the worst place for Moses to go to if he wants to continue to play in the first team. But it would be a depressing state of affairs if that is where he went after talk of Roma and Barcelona etc.

29-12-2009, 09:55 AM
depressing indeed if he goes west brom for that money - but cant see them being the only bidder (especially if are starting the bidding that low)

bern5161
29-12-2009, 10:16 AM
you got to admire the plucky little baggies bollocks. i hear warnock's thinking about messi as a cut price replacement

Stavros 69
29-12-2009, 10:24 AM
He'll never go to West Brom. His agent can't be that stupid.

davematt
29-12-2009, 11:39 AM
1.5m is an absolute joke price.

There is NO chance whatsoever that SJ would accept that, even with our financial situation.

Even Warnock made it quite clear that Jordan even rates Moses more than he does, especially financially. That for me was a clear indication that if any players are to go for cheap, Victor Moses will not be one of them.

nathe
29-12-2009, 12:20 PM
West Brom haven't got any money. Di Matteo was told he has to sell before he can buy or look at loan deals.

It's just paper talk.

Freddy Kurz
29-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I can't imagine a club (Wigan) would agree such a deal - what if he gets injured?

I can't imagine a player like Moses would agree to such a deal - he knows with a good season, he can do much better than Wigan.

Wigan would need him now, not next season.

Imagine there would be some kind of injury "escape clause" covered by insurance, but can't imagine Moses would be advised to sign any such deal.

Didn't Wigan make a bid of 6m for AJ who was eventually signed by Everton for over 8m?

dave_who_ru
29-12-2009, 08:14 PM
So it's 2.5m then. First one in gets him.

OscillateWildly
29-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I think we need to be a bit realistic here. There are plenty of footballers who look very tasty in the championship but are so - so in the premier league.

I'd be amazed if Moses went for over 4m. I'd be fairly surprised if he went for anything like that.

Yes, he's good at Palace (he's a joy fo us to watch.) But I don't think he is a top level player (by that I mean the top 4 clubs.) Mid table premier league side would be a good step up. And he'd still have to prove himself. There are no guarantees.

I really hope for his sake he makes a good move for his career. I'd like to see him do well and he needs constant football to achieve that.

AJ
29-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Jason Scotland went to Wigan for 2m. He had a good goal scoring record, but, Scotland is now 30 and in not British. Getting 4m for Moses(with a sell on clause) would be very good. IMHO I think that if Palace could(and I am not suggesting they can) hold onto Moses for another year and Moses keeps improving, then a 10m price tag may not be so far fetched.

the digger
29-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Roma's interest is being talked about in the italian press, my cousin asked about him on Christmas day.

N
29-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Wigan woud be a bad move for VM unless they pay top they just seem to be a club like reading ,charlton but at the momement play prem.

SpikeyMatt
29-12-2009, 09:36 PM
He can do much, much better than Wigan.

Go somewhere trendy where you'll play Victor...like Fulham. Even better, stay here.

Gooders
30-12-2009, 01:13 AM
He won't end up at Wigan, don't worry.

Crunchie
30-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Imagine there would be some kind of injury "escape clause" covered by insurance, but can't imagine Moses would be advised to sign any such deal.

Didn't Wigan make a bid of 6m for AJ who was eventually signed by Everton for over 8m?

I remember that Wigan did put a bid in of 8.6M after an awful bartering from the original bid of 5M. SJ finally accepted that bid.

2 other clubs eventually matched the bid, one being Everton (the other I can't remember, Bolton?)

I just remember Everton being the biggest club bidding, so it was obvious who he would go to.

Golf Boy
30-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Is there a club Moses isn't going to?

delboy01
30-12-2009, 10:18 PM

Brighton!

Sandowneagle
31-12-2009, 11:30 AM

Liverpool today, according to The Star.

pfc
31-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Liverpool today, according to The Star.

Everton in the Sun only on loan though

Clapham Grand
31-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Quotes from di Matteo on tracking Moses

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/8435983.stm

little dedders
31-12-2009, 12:25 PM
surely wba are going to get nowhere near him...

Jim Cannon
31-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Everton in the Sun only on loan though
Just seen this, biggest joke going so far. Why the feck would we loan him out, even if there is a fee involved, wouldn't be the kind of money we need

BulletEagle
31-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Reporting on SSN thr West Brom want him. That is a step down IMO, he will be forever stuck with a true yoyo club

James
31-12-2009, 01:16 PM
1.5m is an absolute joke price.

There is NO chance whatsoever that SJ would accept that, even with our financial situation.I suspect that the Club will accept the best offer, no matter how low it is.

It isn't a question of what Jordan would accept (because he may have little choice) - but hopefully there will be two or three Clubs who are genuinely interested in signing him, which will drive up the price in a bidding war. I would certainly expect more than 1.5 million for such a talented young player, with potentially a great future, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was sold for less than we think he is worth.

In a distress sale, items are often sold at significantly below their true value.

wedgetail
31-12-2009, 04:55 PM
from the BBC
Liverpool have held preliminary talks with Crystal Palace about signing highly-rated teenager Victor Moses. (Daily Star)

rainbow_child
31-12-2009, 05:11 PM
1.5mil wouldn't buy Victors smelly socks and jockstrap!

Owngoal
31-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I just hope we are not f**ked by being in financial trouble. Hopefully he goes to Arsenal where he could become world class and gets loaned back. I also want to win on saturday and draw the Arse at the Emirates, followed by someone with dosh buying the club - not much of a 2010 wishlist but one i hope comes true........

jams1234
31-12-2009, 07:06 PM
WTF?

I have just seen on SSN that 'West Brom manager confirms interest in Crystal Palace winger Victor Moses.'

******* hell.

BulletEagle
31-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I know. As much as we need the money, I think NW will really know West Brom are taking the piss and will personally reject any offer any other Championship club puts in for him.

We might need money but Neil wants the lad to have a successful career and going to WBA, Wigan or Spurs will stop him from having just that.

We are in financial difficulty, and I understand that SJ will want a deal done by the end of January, but I really doubt Neil Warnock would be stupid enough to:-

a) sell him to a club without a great deal of money to spend themselves due to being a small club compared to certain others rumoured to be buying Victor

b) sell him to a club that won't help his career at all apart from one season in the Prem

c) is a Championship rival.

I do, however, think it would be madness, whoever he goes to, if we don't include a sell on fee, because like it or not, this kid will be sold for millions at some point in his career, so we should be part of that deal.

RDSdaEAGLE
31-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Roberto Di Matteo can **** off with his comments about wanting to sign Moses.

gold76
31-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Di Matteo must have been half pissed, it's NYE after all!

James
31-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Don't knock it - the more interest for Moses the better for Palace.

What we really do not want is interest by just one Club - no matter how big and impressive.

orp pisshead1
31-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Quotes from di Matteo on tracking Moses

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/8435983.stm

He was easily man of match up there and my west brom supporting uncle likend him to laurie cunningham(brilliant winger to you youngsters) high praise indeed. So , so far they have bid for 1 of his arms:D 10 million more and they'll only need to bid for his boots:p .

gold76
31-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Laurie Cunningham, what a player he was..

RIP

orp pisshead1
31-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Don't knock it - the more interest for Moses the better for Palace.

What we really do not want is interest by just one Club - no matter how big and impressive.

Good post.

MasterYoda
01-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Being linked with Man City who are quibbling about the valuation of 5m.

Can't be bad when the richest club in the world are in the running

Gooders
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
QPR are bidding? ;)

screaming alice
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
lawrie cunninghan went on to play for real madrid....great player!!victor is special and capable of replicating that..so i think whoever's looking after his future career should avoid the likes of west brom..i mean they have'nt nurtured anyone since brian robson!!so for the sake of football i hope he goes to barca...n that means he cant hurt us and we can all watch him on sky tv with pride and of course....CHARLTON could never beat that!!!

orp pisshead1
01-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Laurie Cunningham, what a player he was..

RIP
Indeed was a truely wonderfull player to watch with ball at his feet. Rip Mr Cunningham.

orp pisshead1
01-01-2010, 07:28 PM
lawrie cunninghan went on to play for real madrid....great player!!victor is special and capable of replicating that..so i think whoever's looking after his future career should avoid the likes of west brom..i mean they have'nt nurtured anyone since brian robson!!so for the sake of football i hope he goes to barca...n that means he cant hurt us and we can all watch him on sky tv with pride and of course....CHARLTON could never beat that!!!
Great post and haha at clowns

PalaceFan in Alabama
01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Roberto Di Matteo can **** off with his comments about wanting to sign Moses.

Surely if you are a manager with any ambition and your team has the money you would be foolish not to make a bid.

gold76
01-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Indeed was a truely wonderfull player to watch with ball at his feet. Rip Mr Cunningham.

Well said Orp

As an aside the Baggies had a right tidy side back then..

They can feck right off over Vic Mo Though!

Crunchie
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
QPR are bidding? ;)

I don't think Moses will ever become a Palace Reserve Team Player. ;)