PDA

View Full Version : Moses to Roma

Big Blue Eagle
21-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Our old mate Mr Mokbel has some breaking news in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1237527/Italian-giants-Roma-set-join-race-Crystal-Palace-whizzkid-Victor-Moses.html?ITO=1490

sydnsteve
21-12-2009, 03:36 PM
TBH, this is a real test of whether anyone out there has the remotest interest in Palace. Moses has 2 years on his contract, is an outstanding talent, and we'll be letting him go for a few million. If we sell him I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of a serious bidder being around. I reckon in 18 months his value will at least triple even if we got 5 million for him. He was simply unplayable on Sat
And when you consider W Ham think they might need Sears, who was stopped by average CCC defenders almost every time, you realise how outstanding VM is. Any serious buyer would have to take this into consideration.

stinky
21-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Isn't there a big issue with racism in Italian football at the moment?

Moses may refuse to go there based on that

ever hopeful!
21-12-2009, 04:27 PM
I though he'd already said he had no interest in going abroad!

SE25Eagle
21-12-2009, 04:31 PM

Rome is one of the most racist city's in the world

Popester
21-12-2009, 04:58 PM

Roma have some black players, like Baptista (ex-Arsenal). Ranieri is the manager, which would make the language barrier less of an issue.

Adlerhorst
21-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I thought they were more financially screwed than we were, but I might be making that up

Clapham Grand
21-12-2009, 05:20 PM
they have no money

Clapham Grand
21-12-2009, 05:21 PM
TBH, this is a real test of whether anyone out there has the remotest interest in Palace. Moses has 2 years on his contract, is an outstanding talent, and we'll be letting him go for a few million. If we sell him I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of a serious bidder being around. I reckon in 18 months his value will at least triple even if we got 5 million for him.

not if he hasn't signed a new contract he won't be

Gooders
21-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Mokbel has put two and two together and made five, as usual.

Gissa job, I could do that.

LeeH
21-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Mokbel is an anagram of 'ok belm' - thought I'd mention it. Very apt....

gold76
21-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
Barca
Roma
German side
Wigan

Can't all be interested in him surely?

One of these journalists must be "misinformed"

CPFC_DAVE77
21-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
Barca
Roma
German side
Wigan

Can't all be interested in him surely?

One of these journalists must be "misinformed"

Add Sunderland, Fulham and Everton too Gold, it's all paper talk, they are probably all 'interested' don't mean any will bid though.

Diehard
21-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I think many people are going to really angry when the fee is agreed for VM. Everyone knows we are on the verge of serious financial meltdown and will surely screw us over with complex buy now pay later deals. Truth is, we need cash NOW and that in itself may force us to grab the 'lowest cash bid' so to speak....

Beatleboy
21-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Add Sunderland, Fulham and Everton too Gold, it's all paper talk, they are probably all 'interested' don't mean any will bid though.

And add Birmingham, which is my guess for where he will end up.

Gooders
22-12-2009, 10:44 AM
I think many people are going to really angry when the fee is agreed for VM.

I don't. We will get a decent fee.

costner
22-12-2009, 11:08 AM
What a lyrical thread title. Say it out loud to yourself a few times - it sounds lovely.

Woodside_CP
25-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't. We will get a decent fee.

Jordan is no mug when it comes to selling. Our financial plight will work against us to an extent, but we'll get a decent 5m+ fee for him. SJ's ego and need for cash wont allow us to accept peanuts.

old git
25-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Jordan is no mug when it comes to selling. Our financial plight will work against us to an extent, but we'll get a decent 5m+ fee for him. SJ's ego and need for cash wont allow us to accept peanuts.
If there were only one or two bidders then the fee would probably be shit but a good few clubs are interested (allegedly) so that should drive the price up.
On a side note isn't it strange how circumstances at the club have meant we all want him sold :confused: When he is on song he is worth paying your entrance for on his own.Needs must I suppose.The club is bigger than any single player etc.,etc

Owngoal
26-12-2009, 10:33 AM
What we really want for Christmas is a buyer for the club who sees Vic as the key to us being promoted.................

Otherwise the sale of Vic will be the only thing between us and administration

glaziers fan
26-12-2009, 04:51 PM
not if he hasn't signed a new contract he won't be

Offer him one. Harry Monk says HE wants to stay for a few more years yet.

If he's prepared to sign then I wouldn't even consider anything less than 10m.