PDA

View Full Version : Swansea after hills

whereEaglesFly
26-12-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/ManagersComments/0,,10323~1915325,00.html

"Claude will be suspended for Monday and miss out on a long trip to Wales and Lee Hills is a good lad and he will come in for that match.

"Swansea have been interested in him and will allow him to put himself in the shop window and getting three points today was the ideal preparation ahead of that visit."

chatham_eagle
26-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Read this earlier, how much I dread the phrase "put himself in the shop window." Pah

jams1234
26-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Ffs, what a sad state we are in when clubs like Swansea are getting our youngsters.

CP Satellite
27-12-2009, 05:44 PM
It would be a shame if we can't keep Hills, but you have to accept that Palace are in a finacial quick-sand where the only way to keep from sinking is to offload players that make the essential survival of the club more practical.

Going through the Swansea sqaud you will find Craig Beattie, whom they signed for 1 Million from West Brom and Besian Idrajaz, who both played for Palace last season with varying degrees of success.

If Swansea can come up with a fee for Hills, then perhaps we should look at this a bit of a result for our Academy - which is still producing players that may be able to step up in the next year or so and be as good as Hills if not better.

Palace are one of the few clubs in the entire Football League that can replace First team players with fairly decent players from the Reserves/Youth Squad, so lets count our blessings.

If Hills goes, he will have helped to secure the future of the club, if he stays, he will be a player that we can take exceptional pride in as a local lad that has helped Palace through a very difficult time in our history.

Chris Leitch
27-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I dont mind Lee Hills - but they must be kicking themselves for not accepting Portsmouth's 2mil when they were offered. He is most certainly not worth anything near that amount now.

CP Satellite
27-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I dont mind Lee Hills - but they must be kicking themselves for not accepting Portsmouth's 2mil when they were offered. He is most certainly not worth anything near that amount now.

We might have been offered 2 Million by Pompey - but do you think that would have paid it by now, bearing in mind they are several more times in the red than Palace!

GodstoneEagle
27-12-2009, 07:57 PM
good point. pompey have defaulted on around 7 million they owe to watford

glaziers fan
27-12-2009, 10:54 PM
NW and the hierarchy don't rate Hills' defensive capabilites. Simple as. I must admit I am not convinced either. He's a wing-back imho.

I'd take 500k and a sell-on clause for him.

Oh south london
27-12-2009, 11:22 PM
NW and the hierarchy don't rate Hills' defensive capabilites. Simple as. I must admit I am not convinced either. He's a wing-back imho.

I'd take 500k and a sell-on clause for him.

So would I. He had a great debue against Watford and then scored a cracker against Bristol City but apart from that he has failed to deliver. When you look at the standard Clyne is setting for full backs Hills comes nowhere near.

Big Blue Eagle
28-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Wow - lets write off another teenager - you guys really do take the biscuit - you do NOT deserve our academy. As for the management not rating Hills - Mick Jones was clear a week or so back that they do rate him and consider him a prospect in left midfield now and at LB if he gets his defensive skills tuned - hence the loan.

Brod
28-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I think Hills has great potential, though not as great as Clyne.

Question for the experts: if we flog e.g. Hills with say a 20% sell on clause and he then goes out of contract and leaves on a free, I presume we get nada as the clause lapses?

AJ
28-12-2009, 11:11 AM
If Hills leaves who will play LB when Hill leaves in the summer?

chatham_eagle
28-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I think Hills has great potential, though not as great as Clyne.

Question for the experts: if we flog e.g. Hills with say a 20% sell on clause and he then goes out of contract and leaves on a free, I presume we get nada as the clause lapses?

Depends on what fee the tribunal would give us, beleive we got 15% for Bostit, but obviously was more of a prospect than Hills.

jams1234
28-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Clyne :D

gold76
28-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I'd like to see Hills given a go on the left of midfield up at Wednesday in the cup.

AJ
28-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Knowing Warnock, he may have just said that to make Hills raise his game.

sheepy
28-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. I think we're better off persevering with Lee in the hope of getting him ready for a starting spot next season. I doubt we'll get any sort of decent fee for him (probably talking around the 100,000 mark) and that won't enable us to bring in any sort of decent left back in the summer.

I think its fairly clear that although still up to it at the moment, Clint is nearing the end of his shelf life for a top half championship team. We will need to be identifying a replacement in the next 6 months or so. If Lee can prove himself in the next 6 months then it will save us a considerable outlay in the future.

Oh south london
28-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Wow - lets write off another teenager - you guys really do take the biscuit - you do NOT deserve our academy. As for the management not rating Hills - Mick Jones was clear a week or so back that they do rate him and consider him a prospect in left midfield now and at LB if he gets his defensive skills tuned - hence the loan.

Yes but we have to liquidate our assets at this time therefore although in an ideal world I would keep Hills we have to priorities and let him go.

pardew's shorts
28-12-2009, 08:52 PM

Shipp Ahoy!
28-12-2009, 09:03 PM
With Clint picking up ANOTHER yellow today is he close to a ban?

Absolution
28-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I would like Lee Hills to be our left back in the long term. I remember Clint Hill referring to himself as a stop-gap before now. NW may not think he is completely there defensively at the moment but it doesn't mean he doesn't see him as one for the future. He is still young, and defenders generally take longer to develop and learn their trade when compared to wingers or forwards.

Clyne on the other hand is amazing to be as good as he is at such a young age.

CPFC_DAVE77
28-12-2009, 11:36 PM
I would like Hill to play left CB alongside Jose with Hills at LB. Clint could properly nurture Lee into the game.

Clapham Grand
29-12-2009, 04:15 PM
With Clint picking up ANOTHER yellow today is he close to a ban?

8 yellows and counting...