PDA

View Full Version : Moses transfer speculation - merged threads

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Seaside Eagle
01-01-2010, 03:45 AM
Sami Mokbel is a **** :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

"MANCHESTER CITY last night warned cash-strapped Crystal Palace: We won’t be held to ransom over Victor Moses.

Moneybags City are the latest club to show an interest in the £3m Eagles whizzkid, in a move fronted by the club’s football administrator Brian Marwood.

The former Arsenal star has been alerted by Moses’ sparkling form at Selhurst Park and by the interest of Barcelona, Liverpool and the Gunners.

City contacted Palace chiefs yesterday to inquire about Moses, 19, but were left stunned by the price quoted and are ready to pull the plug on a potential bid. Palace feel Moses is worth around £5m but know clubs are unlikely to match their valuation.

West Brom have already tabled a £1.5m bid for the midfielder.

Meanwhile, Moses is set to hand in a written request to leave the club after Eagles players weren’t paid on time for the FOURTH time this season.

His contract allows the England Under-19 star to walk away for NOTHING 14 days after his wages are due, provided he puts his request in writing and gets permission from the Football League. And last night Moses’ advisers were “seriously considering” submitting the request."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/115015/Man-City-won-t-be-held-to-ransom-over-Moses/

I hate that Palace-Bashing no good miserable stuck up ****. He cannot punctuate a sentence properly, but feels the need to put the part about players wages not being paid in Caps. What. A. ****.

Popeye'89
01-01-2010, 03:49 AM
I take it this is utter bullshit?

Seaside Eagle
01-01-2010, 03:52 AM
I take it this is utter bullshit?

I hope so. :(

Sussex Eagle
01-01-2010, 04:16 AM
He cannot punctuate a sentence properly, but feels the need to put the part about players wages not being paid in Caps. What. A. ****.
More likely the work of a sub methinks.

(Not that I give Mokbel's work any credence.)

Sussex Eagle
01-01-2010, 04:19 AM
And last night Moses’ advisers were “seriously considering” submitting the request."
So, Moses' main 'adviser' is Tony Finnigan. Presumably this is who Sami is claiming to be quoting directly?

richdeniro
01-01-2010, 04:59 AM
£15 million I'd take from City.

PeterH
01-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Well, they can say what they want. If they want him they have to bid more than anyone else. Like the Mancs, Chelsea and Blackburn before them in Premier history, that usually means they have to pay over the odds to secure what they want.

RDSdaEAGLE
01-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Mokbel certainly isn't making himself popular with Palace fans, and I wonder how the club feel. The real concern for me is the source though. While I'm aware that in rumour stories there doesn't have to be a huge amount of factual evidence, I do wonder whether Tony Finnegan is doing this to increase his client's chances of leaving.

Wasn't Finnegan also Wayne Routledges agent/advisor? Hardly someone with a great record of furthering his client's career...

Nork1
01-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Makes you laugh... who's holding who to ransom here?

Ruskin Old Boy
01-01-2010, 08:29 AM
New year, new decade, same old bilge spewed out by Adder's former piss-poor palace pundit.

the kooch
01-01-2010, 08:53 AM
If Lescott is 24 mil, then Vic Mo should be 50.

jeffers1960
01-01-2010, 09:17 AM
So, Moses' main 'adviser' is Tony Finnigan. Presumably this is who Sami is claiming to be quoting directly?

I think you will find that Finnigan and Andy Gray work for the agency "Wright Wright Wright" which tells it all

BulletEagle
01-01-2010, 09:23 AM
So they are threatening us for our own player? I think they are forgetting one thing - he is our player. Therefore we can hold them ransom if we like. This column seems to imply that Man City seem to think they are the club he has to be sold to.

Well they aren't, and I doubt he would go there unless they bid stupid money.

As for Sami Mobkel. ****.

IanH
01-01-2010, 09:26 AM
We need two clubs that really need him to play in their team now, so that a bidding war develops, rather than big clubs expressing an interest, but where he would end up playing in their reserves for a couple of years (e.g. Barcelona, Man City etc) - those clubs won't pay big money for that.

MasterYoda
01-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I really can't see Vic walking unless the wages problem gets seriously out of hand.

Fact is they'd be paid immediately if SJ saw £2-5m upping and leaving

orp pisshead1
01-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I really can't see Vic walking unless the wages problem gets seriously out of hand.

Fact is they'd be paid immediately if SJ saw £2-5m upping and leaving
Agree just bloody wish somebody would sort our club out. And as for city hope they go bust tomorrow who the **** do they think they are? *****. They have wasted millions on shit signings but a real class act in VM comes along and they don't want to pay £10 mill let alone a imo paultry £5 mill. Happy new yr.

davematt
01-01-2010, 10:00 AM
How can a club 'hold us to ransom' over our own bloody player? **** off City.

davematt
01-01-2010, 10:06 AM
And just to add, ANYONE who saw Victor's reaction after his goal on Saturday will know that thay was not a player who would 'hand in a written request to leave'.

Sorry, but Sami Mokbel is a ****. Any article he writes on our club should be ignored as they are all so anti-Palace its ridiculous.

Brummie Allan
01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I take it this is utter bullshit?It's written by Mokbel and it's in the Star, what do you think?

Archiebald Leitch
01-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Not the first time a Mokbel piece includes the word 'ransom'.

GO AWAY SAMI and stop shit stirring.

cpfc4evandeva
01-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the football world is massively underating this kid?

WBA have bid £1.5mil and Man City, the richest club in the world are apparently not going to go a penny over £3mil.

What is going on?! The kid isn't worth a penny under £5mil and in a few years time he could be worth double or treble that!

cpfc4evandeva
01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh, and before anyone says anything, I know we are in big trouble financially but even so.

Thank god we have a chairman like Jordan who won't see us get ripped off.

01-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Certainly reporting of the lowest quality i have seen for some time. The holding ransom part the worst - Man City set their own precedent for spending crazy money on signings so they have to live with it.

philsick
01-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Whether its true,or as i suspect not,its a story that sums up all thats wrong with football.Starting with the fact that mokbel gets paid for this lazy shit stirring bollox.

cross_eyed_ed
01-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Bag of shite.

jhc
01-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Eagles players weren’t paid on time for the FOURTH time this season.

Haven't seen this anywhere else.
Not paid for December??

gold76
01-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Have any high profile players in recent years, actually used that 14 day clause?

I can't think of any off the top of my head

917L
01-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Haven't seen this anywhere else.
Not paid for December??

No, not so far anyway, there is a thread on it

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=194922

917L
01-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Sami Mokbel is a **** :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

West Brom have already tabled a £1.5m bid for the midfielder.

Is there anything to support this? (no the fact that Mokbel is a c*nt as I think thats indisputable)

De Matteos recent comments dont suggest theyve actually made a bid of any description

pardew's shorts
01-01-2010, 11:04 AM

Ardent Eagle Forever
01-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Sami Mokbel was the worst reporter ever in the Adder for his reports of Palace games imho.

Therefore his b*ll is not worth discussing.

I can't see Man City worrying about being held to ransom given some of the fees they've spent on players.

I may have missed this elsewhere but according to BBC text Vicmo has already spoken to Liverpool. Any truth in this?

917L
01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Have any high profile players in recent years, actually used that 14 day clause?

I can't think of any off the top of my head

Not sure about high profile but isnt that why fat c*nt Miller was allowed to walk (and maybe the reason Svenssons agent got him a move?)

Celestial Empire
01-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the football world is massively underating this kid?

WBA have bid £1.5mil and Man City, the richest club in the world are apparently not going to go a penny over £3mil.

What is going on?! The kid isn't worth a penny under £5mil and in a few years time he could be worth double or treble that!

I wouldn't take this "Man City" crap seriously. Just look at the source and the track record. Would they give quotes to Mokbel/the Star ?
Just the same old same old, Mokbel under pressure to come up with something new, window now open, think of a club who haven't so far been linked with Vic ....:rolleyes: We can look forward to another 30 days of this.:S:

In a way, I blame NW, mouthing off about how we're desperate to sell Vic, we would even loan him out etc is just so utterly naff, and absolutely not the way to treat your players, nor to canvas possible interest. Our club has turned (returned ?) into a very spivvy two-bob outfit.:(

917L
01-01-2010, 11:51 AM
In a way, I blame NW, mouthing off about how we're desperate to sell Vic, .:(

So can you show where NW said we're desperate to sell VM?

Alpine Jr
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
This is good news for Palace though, right? The more clubs who are interested the more cash we are likely to get? Can't see the problem with this story. Someone is giving Mokbel this info so, IMO, he is well within his rights to use it.

Celestial Empire
01-01-2010, 11:59 AM
So can you show where NW said we're desperate to sell VM?

What is it with everyone on here wanting to be a barrack room lawyer ?
I blame James.:hmph:

Stavros 69
01-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Sami kindly do us all a favour and go **** yourself.
Merry new year.

917L
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
What is it with everyone on here wanting to be a barrack room lawyer ?
I blame James.:hmph:

So you made it up then

Thought so

screaming alice
01-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Man city make me sick....moses is worth a minimum(starting bid)of 3.5~4 no matter what the financial climate...i really hope jordan digs his heels in and finds another way to bridge the monetary gap we have...all these muggy souless clubs trying to fleece us for f#ck all...west brom are just as bad....none of these clubs have produced anyone of note in the last 30yrs...i tell ya what people we as palace fans will have our day...lets just hope we do it the right way...happy new year!!

Celestial Empire
01-01-2010, 12:24 PM
So you made it up then

Thought so

:moo:

Brummie Allan
01-01-2010, 12:27 PM
This is good news for Palace though, right? The more clubs who are interested the more cash we are likely to get? Can't see the problem with this story. Someone is giving Mokbel this info so, IMO, he is well within his rights to use it.I could say "undisclosed source has told me there's going to be a press release at 1:00pm today" when 1:00pm comes and goes and no press release, all is forgotten and I'll just write some more crap tomorrow.

Ok, let's defend SM, has he ever written a scoop that he was first with and was correct? let's give him a chance any team not just Palace.

CP Satellite
01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
The only bit about this story that concerns me is the possibility that Jordan has again failed to pay the players wages and could be in breach of contract.

Then it would'nt matter which club was interested in our players, because they could possibly pick them up for free.

There are going to be loads of stories like this - the national press have'nt really picked up the the fact that the Revenue are taking Palace to Court later this month to face a Winding Up petition or the late payment of players for at least a third month running - but are laying into Pompey for exactly the same reasons.

As said before, it is funny to read that Man City are 'being held to ransom' when they don't own what is one of Palace's most valueable assets!

Maidstoned Eagle
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Is this Mokbel character a freelancer? I may be wrong but haven't some of his articles appeared in the Daily Mail?

Gooders
01-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Whether its true,or as i suspect not,its a story that sums up all thats wrong with football.Starting with the fact that mokbel gets paid for this lazy shit stirring bollox.

Correct.

What a dumbed-down world we do live in.

Beatleboy
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
They say that all publicity is good publicity. If VM's name is being banded about more and more, it will help whip up interest in the player and that can only be good for us and him.

Alpine Jr
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I could say "undisclosed source has told me there's going to be a press release at 1:00pm today" when 1:00pm comes and goes and no press release, all is forgotten and I'll just write some more crap tomorrow.

Ok, let's defend SM, has he ever written a scoop that he was first with and was correct? let's give him a chance any team not just Palace.

I'm not saying defend the guy. Taking criticism is part of his job, any job for that matter. But if he is given some info, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't use it.

Hasn't he been spot on with the Palace pay delays?

Celestial Empire
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
They say that all publicity is good publicity. If VM's name is being banded about more and more, it will help whip up interest in the player and that can only be good for us and him.

That's right, just what a very young player needs.
And all that NW ref baiting, great publicity for the club.
Why haven't you given us the benefit of your wisdom on the red cards for Stead and Serran and the subsequent appeals ? Or do you only do hypotheticals ?:hmph:

Billy Rhino
01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
All this article means is that Man City wont pay over the odds just because they are rich but obviously "held to ransom" is a better headline.

Realistically, Victor's current money upfront value is about £1.5-2m, as he has only recently started to show his true potential. Obviously, you would expect to have many add on fees attached to it but the problem is they're not much use to Jordan at the moment.

I hope to god that Jordan announces a press conference in the next few days saying he has sold the club. I think we'll lose Moses anyway but at least we should get his true value.

Brummie Allan
01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
All this article means is that Man City wont pay over the odds just because they are rich but obviously "held to ransom" is a better headline.

Realistically, Victor's current money upfront value is about £1.5-2m, as he has only recently started to show his true potential. Obviously, you would expect to have many add on fees attached to it but the problem is they're not much use to Jordan at the moment.

I hope to god that Jordan announces a press conference in the next few days saying he has sold the club. I think we'll lose Moses anyway but at least we should get his true value.Why would we lose him if someone buys us he is an increasing asset. You don't get many of them.
Is this Mokbel character a freelancer? I may be wrong but haven't some of his articles appeared in the Daily Mail?Yes he is, why people pay him god only knows.

Beatleboy
01-01-2010, 01:17 PM
That's right, just what a very young player needs.
And all that NW ref baiting, great publicity for the club.
Why haven't you given us the benefit of your wisdom on the red cards for Stead and Serran and the subsequent appeals ? Or do you only do hypotheticals ?:hmph:

What?!:eek:

That was a vitriolic outburst CE, as I was only making a comment on a relatively innocuous post.

Chill out pal. :hi:

Did you want me to make a comment on the red cards?, although that is all history now.

Billy Rhino
01-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Why would we lose him if someone buys us he is an increasing asset. You don't get many of them.
I think the transfer wheels are in motion now and there seems to be enough interest. Would love it if he stayed but if he keeps his current form up then there's not much chance.

Woodside_CP
01-01-2010, 01:56 PM

I hope to god that Jordan announces a press conference in the next few days saying he has sold the club. I think we'll lose Moses anyway but at least we should get his true value.

I'm a realist, but Moses is worth a lot more than an initial £1.5-£2m.

Bear in mind we got an up front £1.25m for Bo$tock who hadn't signed a contract and hadn't played as many games as Moses.

In the current climate, an under contract player like Moses is worth at least £5m. Look at other talented contracted youngsters that have recently moved to Premiership clubs.

Jordan is no mug and he will get a decent fee - I imagine he'll laugh off £1.5m. Especially when the offer is made from some no marks like WBA!

Woodside_CP
01-01-2010, 01:58 PM

Despite being a bell end, you might actually have a point there.

Mokbel is getting his information from somewhere - it wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility that Jordan is the "leak" and feeding the journalist stories, to generate further interest in Moses.

Gooders
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM

Quite right.

He's arguably done more than Walcott, Ramsay and Bale at the same stage.

Palace have a long history of getting shafted on transfer fees and if a takeover or investment doesn't happen very soon then the begging bowl will be out but let' hope we get a proper fee for once.

On the plus side, Mokbel has no clue (other than what the odd disgruntled player or players agent feeds him) so there's always hope.

Sussex Eagle
01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
I see Sami's managed to get paid twice for the same shite

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239863/Victor-Moses-quit-threat-pay-dispute-puts-Premier-League-giants-red-alert-Crystal-Palace-star.html

Beatleboy
01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Despite being a bell end, you might actually have a point there.

Blimey!

Praise indeed coming from you!:D

Tom's Old Man
01-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Well, if Lescott was worth £24 mill and SWP was worth £21 mill (when City sold him to Chelsea 4 years ago) then Moses is worth at the very least £5 mill, probably more. Personally I disagree that he's done more than Walcott had at the same age, but with these other massive money signings flying around as they have been, he's worth a fair amount.

Billy Rhino
01-01-2010, 02:12 PM

Bear in mind we got an up front £1.25m for Bo$tock who hadn't signed a contract and hadn't played as many games as Moses.

In the current climate, an under contract player like Moses is worth at least £5m. Look at other talented contracted youngsters that have recently moved to Premiership clubs.

Jordan is no mug and he will get a decent fee - I imagine he'll laugh off £1.5m. Especially when the offer is made from some no marks like WBA!
I'm pretty sure we only got £700k up front for Bostock but with loads of add ons?

If Man City or other big clubs do get involved then there's a good chance we'll get £3m+ upfront but otherwise I cant see us getting more than £2m upfront. Remember, most transfer payments are normally staggered anyway and that is something we cant afford at the moment.

I agree that Moses has the ability to be a world class player, let alone Premier League, but the reality is that he's only just started to prove how good he is. He's been on the bench for us and been kept out of the forward line by free-noscoring Sears.

ANDYEAGLE
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM

I thought the Bostock upfront fee was about 700k or close to that

I agree that 1.5 million is a ludicrous fee for Moses. Bidding should start at 3million+. The more bidders the better.

David
01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
It's not Championship manager. According to this 'article' we've had a bid of £1.5million. Victor is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.

We know he is worth more, but the fact that NW hasn't played him regularly will go against us because clubs will be wary why he hasn't been the first name on the team sheet.

Billy Rhino
01-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Well, if Lescott was worth £24 mill and SWP was worth £21 mill (when City sold him to Chelsea 4 years ago) then Moses is worth at the very least £5 mill, probably more. Personally I disagree that he's done more than Walcott had at the same age, but with these other massive money signings flying around as they have been, he's worth a fair amount.
If Lescott is worth £24m then I'd put my transfer value around the £15m mark! ;)

Woodside_CP
01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty sure we only got £700k up front for Bostock but with loads of add ons?.

Yeh sorry, it was £700k.

According to his page wiki:

"On 9 July the tribunal declared that Tottenham would pay £700,000 for Bostock, with add-on payments of up to £1.25m dependent on appearances and a further £200,000 should he make his full international debut. A sell-on clause entitles Crystal Palace to 15% of any profit Tottenham makes from any future sale of Bostock's contract."

Woodside_CP
01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
If Lescott is worth £24m then I'd put my transfer value around the £15m mark! ;)

I'd put it at 50mill. Lescott is gash!

jone-zee
01-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Mokbel needs to **** of from Palace and start reporting on Kabbdi or the like. All those that stuck up for the useless **** (Ooo he IS a Palace fan etc) on previous threads need to get in the real world. Anyone know where he drinks? :veryangry

HARRY MONK
01-01-2010, 02:44 PM
total rubbish he is thinking / considering handing in transfer request . from what i understand he gets on well with chairman aswell whos done alot for him . once again i 100% know he is happy to stay for a few years but ultimately its not up to him .

Billy Rhino
01-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I'd put it at 50mill. Lescott is gash!
You've seen me play then?

Riley
01-01-2010, 02:48 PM
What an annoying story, and not enough chagrin for Finnegan on this thread because it's him who will have fed the story to the papers. That doesn't mean that Palace haven't given him permission to hawk Victor about, for want of a better phrase, but I bet the club are pissed off with him for this.

Once Man City are mentioned in connection with any deal, the dollar signs ching up in agents' eyes becuase they know they can use it as leverage. I don't think for one second that Victor would even want to go there. And Jordan, famous agent-hater that he is, has to swallow it all because we need to get a decent price for Victor in January.

It's all a bit sad really. And Sami Mokbel, who was one of the Adder's poorest writers in the first place, has to be the one to wap it out there. Didn't someone on here once claim that he was a Palace fan? Seems unlikely when you read this dross.

And you can't blame Warnock for selling the players in press conferences, he must have been under orders to do that for months. Feel sorry for Warnock, Jordan and also Victor, to a degree.

elgin eagle
01-01-2010, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Seaside Eagle]

City contacted Palace chiefs yesterday to inquire about Moses, 19, but were left stunned by the price quoted

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/115015/Man-City-won-t-be-held-to-ransom-over-Moses/

QUOTE]

So the club which splashed out £260 million in transfers were left stunned by an asking price of 5 to 10 million for a kid whose value can only go up?

Is Mokbel a bitter Brighton fan or something?

N
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Who the fack are Man City, well they spend over the top for players just to get a mid table place.

Jay_Palace
01-01-2010, 03:07 PM
What an annoying story, and not enough chagrin for Finnegan on this thread because it's him who will have fed the story to the papers. That doesn't mean that Palace haven't given him permission to hawk Victor about, for want of a better phrase, but I bet the club are pissed off with him for this.

Once Man City are mentioned in connection with any deal, the dollar signs ching up in agents' eyes becuase they know they can use it as leverage. I don't think for one second that Victor would even want to go there. And Jordan, famous agent-hater that he is, has to swallow it all because we need to get a decent price for Victor in January.

It's all a bit sad really. And Sami Mokbel, who was one of the Adder's poorest writers in the first place, has to be the one to wap it out there. Didn't someone on here once claim that he was a Palace fan? Seems unlikely when you read this dross.

And you can't blame Warnock for selling the players in press conferences, he must have been under orders to do that for months. Feel sorry for Warnock, Jordan and also Victor, to a degree.

Finnegan is a ****. I remember his empty words several years back when he was insistent that he wanted Nigel Reo-Coker to come here rather than West Ham :clown:

Also agree with the rest of your post, barring the sympathy for Jordan part. Sorry but I can't share in that.

leicester1
01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
If Moses has to leave,SJ needs to insert a little clause that Moses sees out the season at Palace.

davematt
01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Sami Mokbel is on facebook if anyone fancies sending him a message.

The man is a complete **** and deserves a lot of stick for the shit he is constantly writing about our club. Every very negative story that is being written by the press if from Mokbel.

Maidstoned Eagle
01-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm not saying defend the guy. Taking criticism is part of his job, any job for that matter. But if he is given some info, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't use it.

Hasn't he been spot on with the Palace pay delays?

Sami? Mrs Sami? Sami's Dad? Mum? Aunty?

kolinkins
01-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Sami Mokbel is on facebook if anyone fancies sending him a message.

The man is a complete **** and deserves a lot of stick for the shit he is constantly writing about our club. Every very negative story that is being written by the press if from Mokbel.

Is it naughty to put this here?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3992265&id=715335253

BulletEagle
01-01-2010, 03:27 PM
As long as we have a sell on clause I'm happy.

Riley
01-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Also agree with the rest of your post, barring the sympathy for Jordan part. Sorry but I can't share in that.

I have got to the point where I'm feeling sorry for Jordan now. Only slightly, like, but still...

I know a lot of his problems have been brought on by himself but even his fallibility is slightly endearing. A Palace man, who despite looking like a tart and being a garish gobshite talks sense and has the courage of his convictions, handled some aspects of his chairmanship poorly, naffed up financially and was rendered more susceptible to the recession (notwithstanding the fact that he's not wealthy enough to sustain it all anyway) and is now floundering, reduced to circulating awful documents to attract investment through half-arsed shysters and having to hawk Victor, the player NW should be building his side around, about when once upon a time it wouldn't have been tolerated for a second.

SJ would have been on the phone to his lawyers in a blink if a story like this had been printed five years ago. Now he just has to hope it will translate into and kind of half-decent tangible dosh. That's the sad part for me, that he has had to compromise the principles that made him ridiculed and revered in equal measure.

That's before you get onto the speculative pseudo-psychology about SJ and his dad of course!

And but for those eight minutes against Charlton, it might (not definitely, but perhaps) have all been different. Sigh. Think I'll put the centenery DVD on...

Will S
01-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Love the way that story is written...

Man City: Hello - can I speak to a Palace chief please?
CPFC Switchboard: Who shall I say is calling?
Man City: We are Manchester City and we want to speak to the chief, if not the chiefs.
CPFC Chief: Hello, I'm the Palace Chiefs - what do you want?
Man City: Victor Moses - how much would he cost?
CPFC Chief: Don't you read the internet? Have you not heard of all things Gold, Agilo and Noady? Fifty squillion to you mate.
Man City: Blimey. Stunned, we are...

Seaside Eagle
01-01-2010, 03:47 PM
One thing that confuses me...

If we break up the article into seperate parts; and put them into worse case scenario's... we've got Man City not interested, and Moses wants to walk.

1. Man City not being interested isn't a complete nightmare. If they will only pay what we'd expect any club to pay, I wouldn't want him going there. Almost as bad as Spuds in my opinion.

2. Couldn't we just pay Moses' wages within 14 days, if not the rest of the squad? That'd mean his contract clause couldn't be acted upon, because his wages HAVE been paid within 14 days. (That's if Moses would even do such a thing; despite his meddling agents interests)

If we look at it that way, is the article so grim? It looks to me, like a massive pile of bollox and scaremongering from Sami Mokbel. **** off.

Sussex Eagle
01-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Mokbel needs to **** of from Palace and start reporting on Kabbdi or the like.
Daft racist (with poor spelling).

917L
01-01-2010, 03:57 PM
2. Couldn't we just pay Moses' wages within 14 days, if not the rest of the squad? That'd mean his contract clause couldn't be acted upon, because his wages HAVE been paid within 14 days. (That's if Moses would even do such a thing; despite his meddling agents interests)

I have no doubt that all of the players wages WILL be paid before the 14 day deadline

Billy Rhino
01-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Look at it in a different way. If Jordan/the club haven't got money to pay the players within 14 days then he HAS to sell the club at any price before that or risk losing players for nothing. Therefore, this could be a good thing for CPFC as it will force his hand (gambling on a Jack high isn't recommended) .

Beatleboy
01-01-2010, 04:26 PM

That is really a "No Brainer" isn' it?

Is SJ going to let him walk and lose millions for the sake of a few thousand pounds - I think not!:D

Alpine Jr
01-01-2010, 04:29 PM
That is really a "No Brainer" isn' it?

Is SJ going to let him walk and lose millions for the sake of a few thousand pounds - I think not!:D

Spot on! Even if Moses' advisors hand in this request there's no way the club would let him leave for nothing even if Jordan pays his wages himself.

jams1234
01-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I always thought that Sami Mokbel was a Palace fan. If I recall correctly the Addy even said he was a while back.

EL JIMBO
01-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Jordan never pays on time, he is also no fool.

Any Bank / administrator would seek best price before allowing the assets to walk out the door!

I will be very sorry to see Victor go who has continualy entertained and is now on fire. I even heard Matt Lawrence discussing his sale on the radio yesterday so it seems as if it will happen.

Still he may well yet save our club from the current recession and poor crowds. From what I understand he (Victor) could have chosen Chelsea or Charlton over us in the first place, as it was never in doubt that he had the quality.

Brummie Allan
01-01-2010, 06:46 PM
I see Sami's managed to get paid twice for the same shite

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239863/Victor-Moses-quit-threat-pay-dispute-puts-Premier-League-giants-red-alert-Crystal-Palace-star.html Victor Moses quit threat over pay dispute puts Premier League giants on red alert for Crystal Palace star

By Sportsmail Reporter (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=y&authornamef=Sportsmail+Reporter) Last updated at 12:13 PM on 01st January 2010

Sportsmail reporter AKA Sami Mokbel

Hedgehog
01-01-2010, 06:53 PM
City contacted Palace chiefs yesterday to inquire about Moses, 19, but were left stunned by the price quoted and are ready to pull the plug on a potential bid. Palace feel Moses is worth around £5m but know clubs are unlikely to match their valuation.
Poor babies! They flash the cash left right and center then are "left stunned by the price quoted".... give me a break. I would say 5 million would be a good starting point for negotiaion... there are precedents out there.

Terrible article anyway... not a quote in sight.

Hedgehog
01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Isn't Finnigan getting some unfair stick on here... just days ago people were saying what a nice guy he is, and is still a Palace fan.

Where has it said anywhere that he is behind any of these stories?

But... Moses is his client... Palace are more likely than not going to be selling Victor this month... the club will need as much money as they can from the sale, and it is part of the agents job to get as much for his client as possible. The fact he gets his 10-15% is his motivation to get this high price.

This is one case where Finnigan is working just as much for the future of CPFC as he is his client and ultimately himself obviously.

BulletEagle
01-01-2010, 11:35 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239863/Victor-Moses-quit-threat-pay-dispute-puts-Premier-League-giants-red-alert-Crystal-Palace-star.html

Firstly, I would just like to point out that I just became immature again - the guy who "wrote" that with Mokbel is called Ian Ladyman. Imagine the stick he would have got! :D

Secondly, unless they can get their grammar right, (cue pedants pointing out my errors), I will take their stories with a pinch of salt.

it is understood Moses advisers have given serious

West Bromwich [Albion] have already tabled a £1.5m bid for Moses, but Palace are desperately keeping their fingers crossed for a higher fee.

I could do his job, making up shit and not even checking it.

Riley
01-01-2010, 11:42 PM
This is one case where Finnigan is working just as much for the future of CPFC as he is his client and ultimately himself obviously.

Agree in essence, but surely there are better ways to go about it than a story that puts us in that particular light and wrongly tells the outside world that Palace are so useless that Victor is threatening to walk out on us, when everyone knows that wouldn't happen?

The club have obviously collaborated with Finnegan to some extent recently but the story has come from him and I think it's a pretty poor show.

We all know what his motives are, and perhaps he's not a complete bastard, but it's all a bit tasteless isn't it?

Hedgehog
01-01-2010, 11:54 PM
but the story has come from him and I think it's a pretty poor show.
If true I agree, but I've seen no quotes directly accredited to Finnegan.

Plus why would he want his client moving for zero? surely he makes (more) money from a huge transfer fee?

Gooders
01-01-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm in the "he's a complete bastard" camp. :hi:

Average footballer, worse agent.

cardiffeagle
02-01-2010, 03:22 AM
I always thought that Sami Mokbel was a Palace fan. If I recall correctly the Addy even said he was a while back.

Possibly he is/was but his career is going to come first isn't it?

Brummie Allan
02-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Is it naughty to put this here?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3992265&id=715335253What ever it was it has been removed:(

Riley
02-01-2010, 10:27 AM
If true I agree, but I've seen no quotes directly accredited to Finnegan.

Plus why would he want his client moving for zero? surely he makes (more) money from a huge transfer fee?

He won't have been quoted but he'll have supplied the story to Mokbel in the first place, that's what I meant. How much of it he's concocted in the realms of his mind is another matter. But I agree about his vested interests - they're understandable, but he can still get his wonga without making it look like we're so useless our players are prepared to walk out on us: surely there's no need for that!?

davematt
02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Send the below link to Mokbel and every other **** trying to bad mouth our club in any possible way.

Victor Moses will not be walking out on our club; too much has happened and his love for our club for what we have done for him will never disappear.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Crystal-Palace-starlet-Victor-Moses-was-playing-street-football-with-a-sticky-tape-ball-when-he-heard-both-his-parents-had-been-murdered-article53720.html

Stavros 69
02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
**** off citteh and Sami
that is all

Typical Palace
02-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I think you will find that Finnigan and Andy Gray work for the agency "Wright Wright Wright" which tells it all
Keep up :rolleyes:

Typical Palace
02-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Mokbel needs to **** of from Palace and start reporting on Kabbdi or the like. All those that stuck up for the useless **** (Ooo he IS a Palace fan etc) on previous threads need to get in the real world. Anyone know where he drinks? :veryangry
Idiot.

Typical Palace
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Palace fan / national journo reports bad news on Palace = hysterical unrealistic reaction, abuse and misrepresentation from Palace internet heroes

Ex-Palace agent does his job for his client, a Palace player = hysterical unrealistic reaction, abuse and misrepresentation from Palace internet heroes

Riley
02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Palace fan / national journo reports bad news on Palace = hysterical unrealistic reaction, abuse and misrepresentation from Palace internet heroes

Ex-Palace agent does his job for his client, a Palace player = hysterical unrealistic reaction, abuse and misrepresentation from Palace internet heroes

No! You're not even close with any of that.

davemorris04
03-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Man City can f**k off and die, horrible club built on blood money and filled with narcissistic mercanaries

Typical Palace
03-01-2010, 04:22 PM
So what's the real story I'm stupid enough to miss then Riley?

Alpine Jr
09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/08/manchester-city-victor-moses-crystal-palace
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/city-to-honour-youth-plan-with-bid-for-palacersquos-moses-1862647.html

Mokbel got loads of stick for this story on this thread. But the Guardian and Independent have run with the same story this morning.

Is there any truth in Man City turning their nose up at the price - or as Mokbel put it 'won't be held to ransom'?

Riley
09-01-2010, 03:13 PM
So what's the real story I'm stupid enough to miss then Riley?

Sorry, have only just come back to this thread.

I would never call you stupid without having met you, first of all :)

But when you say that Mokbel was merely reporting the bad news at Palace it infers that thee is factual basis to the story, i. e that Victor really isprepared to walk out on the club for nothing, which we all know to be total bollocks and a shoddy attempt at his and Finnigan's attempts to speed up the move, securing more of a slice for the agent in return for our Sami being able to 'break' the story.

I certainly wouldn't say there there'd been an overreation to the article, and in fact I'm a little surprised that more wasn't made of it. I was quite annoyed, and it was shown that the club was a few days later when Finnigan was quoted in other articles as saying that Moses was worth 5 million - my hunch is that the club told him to sort out the mess caused by the piece we were talking about.

Internet heroics don't even come into it...

917L
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Is there any truth in Man City turning their nose up at the price - or as Mokbel put it 'won't be held to ransom'?

Thers nothing in any of the reporst to suggest that

And how can we hold them to Ransom anyway? Hes our player

We want xxx for him, dont pay it, dont buy him

The guardian also seem to think hes scored more goals in the last 7 games than he has all season, great reporting.....

Alpine Jr
09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Thers nothing in any of the reporst to suggest that

And how can we hold them to Ransom anyway? Hes our player

We want xxx for him, dont pay it, dont buy him

The guardian also seem to think hes scored more goals in the last 7 games than he has all season, great reporting.....

Cool. Hope we get what we deserve for him.

ANDYEAGLE
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
At least if he joins City there could be a chance they will loan him back to us in any deal. City have the strongest squad in the country and he surely won't feature for them this season.

Michael G
09-01-2010, 06:10 PM
At least if he joins City there could be a chance they will loan him back to us in any deal. City have the strongest squad in the country and he surely won't feature for them this season.
I'm sure I heard that City would loan him out. Why can't we make that part of the deal.4/5 m and we'll keep him until the end of the season. Perfect all round.

eagle1980
09-01-2010, 06:14 PM
wont pay english clubs with no money a fee that can save it

but instead they pay a war veteren (patrick viera) £140000 a week what a joke

eagle101
09-01-2010, 11:18 PM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/667834/FULHAM-have-emerged-as-serious-challengers-to-Manchester-City-in-the-chase-for-teen-whizz-Victor-Moses.html

FULHAM have emerged as serious challengers to Manchester City in the chase for teen whizz Victor Moses.

gold76
09-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Well they do need a striker now BZ is crocked. Roy Hodgson's a Croydon lad, let's hope they make a decent offer

eagle101
09-01-2010, 11:26 PM
I think Fulham would be a very good move for him.

gold76
09-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Agreed, he'd get some gametime there. I'm just hoping against hope that we can keep him at least until the summer

Billy Rhino
10-01-2010, 01:30 AM
wont pay english clubs with no money a fee that can save it

but instead they pay a war veteren (patrick viera) £140000 a week what a joke
I agree. If there's any truth in this then it's disgusting. A mega rich club that wont pay full whack for a potential star to a club on it's knees.

When will the FA wake up and realise what monster they have created here with the Premier League? Does the current financial crisis not make them realise that capitalism only works so far until greed takes over and ruins it all?

GDP
10-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I think Fulham would be a very good move for him.

Would be a million times better than going to Man City. A quality manager aswell.

Dave
10-01-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/667834/FULHAM-have-emerged-as-serious-challengers-to-Manchester-City-in-the-chase-for-teen-whizz-Victor-Moses.html

FULHAM have emerged as serious challengers to Manchester City in the chase for teen whizz Victor Moses. This is news to Fulham

st albans
10-01-2010, 11:21 AM
wow. yet another report with no quotes from anybody. i struggle to see how these people get paid

Clapham Grand
10-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Been told VM to M City is nearly a done deal, there is a chance he will be loaned back to us for the rest of the season

gold76
10-01-2010, 11:39 AM
That we would be good if he's loaned back till the summer

best of both worlds

kolinkins
10-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Been told VM to M City is nearly a done deal, there is a chance he will be loaned back to us for the rest of the season

I'd settle for that.

Maybe a season long loan deal next season as well

eagle101
10-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I'd settle for that.

Maybe a season long loan deal next season as well

And the season after that - til his contract is up ;)

They'll probably look at loaning him to a Prem club next season if he goes there.

adrenalin john
10-01-2010, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the update.

Given the press coverage, rather than being held to ransom I was beginning to think City couldn't afford him.

imashed
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I agree. If there's any truth in this then it's disgusting. A mega rich club that wont pay full whack for a potential star to a club on it's knees.

When will the FA wake up and realise what monster they have created here with the Premier League? Does the current financial crisis not make them realise that capitalism only works so far until greed takes over and ruins it all?

you can see why he never went back to arse as there no mugs and he's a greedy ****. premier madness

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Yes something like 3 million up front plus add ons and a loan back would be great. If he went to the likes of Fulham this would not happen,

PhyshtaMagishta
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Makes you laugh... who's holding who to ransom here?

quite, the idea that we are in a position to hold anyone "to ransom" is pretty bloody ridiculous
why I don't read any tabloid sports stuff... its just all filled with complete guff generally written for the benefit of big four "supporters"

Gooders
10-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Been told VM to M City is nearly a done deal...

That is some kind of a cheap replacement for Robinho!

And he'd probably be more effective.

cdm61
10-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Fulham have emerged as serious challengers to Manchester City in the chase for Crystal Palace striker Victor Moses, 19.
Full story: News of the World - Sorry this has been done

cpfc4evandeva
10-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Much prefer to see him go to Fulham.

A very sensible level headed manager, an owner who doesn't seem to get involved too much and probably a guaranteed starting place after he has shown himself to be a good lad. Its also going to be far far closer to his family than going all the way to Manchester.

He'll also probably be written off after one or two dodgy performances if he goes there. I would also ask if Mancini has even heard of him? I daresay that Hodgson might be a bit more clued up and know what Victor is all about.

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Much prefer to see him go to Fulham

Why? From our point of view if he goes to City there is a good chance the deal will include a loan back. No chance of that with Fulham.

roadrunner
10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
But we would get more money from City than Foolham.In the papers today its rumoured Leeds will let Beckford go for 2.5 mil,can`t see how Moses would rate more than 3 mil at that rate.

Stavros 69
10-01-2010, 02:22 PM
All I want is the money now. I only hope one day we can have him back. Let's get the best price. Let's just pray he doesn't go to Spudz.

roadrunner
10-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I don`t think even a desperate Jordan would sell to spudz.

ianace
10-01-2010, 02:37 PM

There are TWO premiership clubs (both from the North West) in the frame for Victor. He will be allowed to go when the bidding matches SJ valuation.

eagle101
10-01-2010, 02:57 PM
There are TWO premiership clubs (both from the North West) in the frame for Victor. He will be allowed to go when the bidding matches SJ valuation.

Sunderland?

Big Blue Eagle
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Sunderland?

Jade Goody level geography............:)

eagle-leg
10-01-2010, 03:01 PM
But we would get more money from City than Foolham.In the papers today its rumoured Leeds will let Beckford go for 2.5 mil,can`t see how Moses would rate more than 3 mil at that rate.

Beckford is out of contract at the end of the season.

Beckford has an awful first touch and relies purely on his pace to get him away from his marker.

Beckford is pretty unproven above the third tier of English football.

Moses is the Messiah.

I would be very happy if we sell him to City and get a loan back, providing the fee is decent.

He obviously impressed them in the Leagu Cup earlier this season when he done his best to make micah Richards sob like a small child.

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Sunderland?

:D He said the North West. City is one and one from possibly Wigan,Liverpool and Everon I would think

eagle101
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Jade Goody level geography............:)

:D He said the North West. City is one and one from possibly Wigan,Liverpool and Everon I would think

Oh dear god :D I am such a fail, I don't even know what went through my mind to think that. My mind has been ****ed all day today.

Would say Everton is the other one.

adrenalin john
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Wigan are the other interested club

adrenalin john
10-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Interestingly Moses destroyed Micah Richards and the Swansea defence when we played them last season (manager martinez now in charge of wigan)

Makes you wonder at the PL's paucity of scouts

ianace
10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Wigan are the other interested club

This is NOT what I have been told

ianace
10-01-2010, 03:14 PM

You are correct. The other club is within this three, they have previous recent experience in buying forwards from us!

Shipp Ahoy!
10-01-2010, 03:16 PM

Would be very happy with this :)

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2010, 03:16 PM
You are correct. The other club is within this three, they have previous recent experience in buying forwards from us!

That would be a good move for him.but we would not get a loan back from them, City is fav for me.

ianace
10-01-2010, 03:20 PM
That would be a good move for him.but we would not get a loan back from them, City is fav for me.

Yes, the perceive they are lacking upfront aty the moment.

windy
10-01-2010, 03:46 PM

Or Accrington Stanley. :eek:

philsick
10-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Man city would not be a good club for victors footballing career IMO.

eagle-leg
10-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Or Accrington Stanley. :eek:

Accrington Stanley...who are they?

David Amsalem
10-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Whoever he joins, I'll be following him with a lot of interest. I do hope he makes it big.

Furthermore, I know it's not as simple as a Football Manager signing, but it's a wonder nobody has snapped him up already.

ffan
10-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Fulham fan here lads.

Anyone know if Fulham are trying to buy him as reported today?

cpfc4evandeva
10-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Much prefer to see him go to Fulham

Why? From our point of view if he goes to City there is a good chance the deal will include a loan back. No chance of that with Fulham.

Yes, for POSSIBLY 6 months he would be loaned back to us. Then what for Victor? The kids good but right now he wouldn't get near their first team. And if he goes there and doesn't pull up trees straight away they'll forget about him and the lad's development will be set back.

If he goes to Fulham and consistently plays well he could end up playing for England. This will certainly give our Academy some well deserved respect.

I do take on your argument about money and I'm not saying for one minute that if City offer more we should reject it and accept a lesser offer from Fulham. I'm just saying that I would prefer Victor go to Fulham than City because I think it will be much much better for his development.

Oh south london
10-01-2010, 05:05 PM

This would not be a good move for Victor but it would certainly be good for us. I am just interested in the fee we are going to recieve for him.

GodstoneEagle
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
5/1 on skybet. I'm on with £50

GodstoneEagle
10-01-2010, 05:11 PM
weren't they supposed to be the only solid bid for victor in the summer and it was derisory?

davematt
10-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Man city would not be a good club for victors footballing career IMO.

I am in two minds. A part of me is saying 'Wrong club who have no stability until they get a proper long term manager in place (I don't think that is Mancini)'.

Another part of me however is saying if it is Mancini/or other and they literally build the club for the future (Like Wenger has at Arsenal) it could be a fantastic move to Victor, as I am sure they are looking at other young players across the world to build a team for a new generation, which can only be a good thing for Victor.

Just don't let Robinho become his role model...

GodstoneEagle
10-01-2010, 05:25 PM
and if Victor signs for City then he'll be living where I work so I can see him for a bit longer and most probably have a little chat :lux:

Barbara4003
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM

If he can be loaned back to us, that's the best we could expect really. Sort of the best of both worlds - we get some much needed money, but don't lose Victor.

GodstoneEagle
10-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Odds have come from 5/1 into 4/7 in the last half an hour :eek:

Fortunately, I stand to win a lot if this is true :)

Barbara4003
10-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Odds have come from 5/1 into 4/7 in the last half an hour :eek:

Fortunately, I stand to win a lot if this is true :)

How so?

Doesn't 4/7 mean for every £7 you bet, you get £4 back? :confused:

PeterH
10-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Because Godders bet when it was 5/1.

GodstoneEagle
10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Indeed. Check post 152 Barbara/

chatham_eagle
weren't they supposed to be the only solid bid for victor in the summer and it was derisory?

Wasn't that Everton?

cpfc4evandeva
How so?

Doesn't 4/7 mean for every £7 you bet, you get £4 back? :confused:

Yes deary but he backed it at 5/1.

Barbara4003
10-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh ok.

Good luck with that then :)

GodstoneEagle
10-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Wasn't that Everton?
that's who i was talking about

chatham_eagle
10-01-2010, 06:25 PM
that's who i was talking about

Ah, thought you were still on about City.

GodstoneEagle
10-01-2010, 06:26 PM
nyet Lukasz

chatham_eagle
10-01-2010, 06:27 PM
I blame mobile internet. Who'd you get those odds on then?

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Yes, for POSSIBLY 6 months he would be loaned back to us. Then what for Victor? The kids good but right now he wouldn't get near their first team. And if he goes there and doesn't pull up trees straight away they'll forget about him and the lad's development will be set back.

If he goes to Fulham and consistently plays well he could end up playing for England. This will certainly give our Academy some well deserved respect.

I do take on your argument about money and I'm not saying for one minute that if City offer more we should reject it and accept a lesser offer from Fulham. I'm just saying that I would prefer Victor go to Fulham than City because I think it will be much much better for his development.

Fulham have not made a bid. By all accounts the other bid is from Everton.
It is up to Victors advisers where he goes. Personally my only concern is Palace and even if we got slightlty less for Victor and managed to keep him at least this season I would take that. Losing Fonte, Moses plus whoever would possibly put us in a relegation situation by Easter and thats without a possible 10 points deduction. If Victor is loaned back I think we will be okay.

RDSdaEAGLE
10-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I have more faith in Victor being able to succeed at the top than I did in Routledge. Victor has that spark, an explosive ability that Routledge doesn't have.

While City would be a tough challenge for him, the success on offer outweighs what he could potentially achieve at Fulham. Impressing at a club like Manchester City will result in international recognition, whereas success at Fulham would only lead to questions about whether he'd be truly good enough to make the step up - as Bobby Zamora (and to some extent AJ) have found out.

Gooders
10-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Victor won't just fade away. He's going to be a big player.

I'd actually seriously think about taking him to the world cup - tailor-made for how that comp will play out.

imashed
10-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Iam still not sure he's only starting playing well for us since all the transfer talk about him.

philsick
10-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Iam still not sure he's only starting playing well for us since all the transfer talk about him.

He was brilliant in our play off run in with clintons mentoring and i'm sure brighty has been doing some work with our forwards,which has coincided with his form and extra confidence.

kolinkins
10-01-2010, 10:49 PM
He was brilliant in our play off run in with clintons mentoring and i'm sure brighty has been doing some work with our forwards,which has coincided with his form and extra confidence.

Don't want to give Warnock any credit?

I think Warnock has handled him perfectly.

philsick
10-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Don't want to give Warnock any credit?

I think Warnock has handled him perfectly.

Leaving him on the bench,while sears played match after match without scoring?

kolinkins
10-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Leaving him on the bench,while sears played match after match without scoring?

Which is probably why he is playing as well as he is now.

philsick
10-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Which is probably why he is playing as well as he is now.

Dont think so myself.

CaptainTurdseye
11-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Moses going to man city for 3.5 mil.Just on sky sports news

kolinkins
11-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Forest have joined the chase

Please please do not join another CCC side Victor

GodstoneEagle
11-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Forest in £3m bid (Daily Mail)

ANDYEAGLE
11-01-2010, 01:30 AM

Have had SSN on for 20minutes,but have not seen this. Are u sure?

Oh south london
11-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Forest in £3m bid (Daily Mail)

We can get more than that for the lad. I really could not bare him going to another CCC club.

Shipp Ahoy!
11-01-2010, 01:44 AM

Heard from a mate who works at Palace (although not a 100% reliable source so don't quote me on it) suggesting this is about right although with some form of add on not sure what kind or how much it is though and the finer points of the deal are just to be ironed out yet. Didn't know it was on SSN though?

Not sure if this includes a loan back option will try to find out.

Sussex Eagle
11-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Sami's already reporting the £3.5m deal...though claiming it'll be West Brom who'll get him on loan

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/116545/Moses-is-the-man-for-City-/

Surely we'd at least be able to force them into kicking him back our way to get the deal done though?

Hedgehog
11-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Sami's already reporting the £3.5m deal...though claiming it'll be West Brom who'll get him on loan
That's crazy if true.

Is there a precedent for this kind of deal?

Sussex Eagle
11-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Loanbacks? Yeah, happens quite a lot when Championship youngsters get bought up these days. Certainly Tottenham do it anyway, Huddlestone from Derby, Kyle Walker this year.

Hedgehog
11-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Loanbacks? Yeah, happens quite a lot when Championship youngsters get bought up these days. Certainly Tottenham do it anyway, Huddlestone from Derby, Kyle Walker this year.
But to another team in the same division as where he came from?

Sussex Eagle
11-01-2010, 02:06 AM
But to another team in the same division as where he came from?
Couldn't tell you for a fact, but in the same season seems like something even Palace couldn't accept.

GodstoneEagle
11-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Surely not a loan-back to WBA.

€pfc
11-01-2010, 03:12 AM
5/1 on skybet. I'm on with £50

Could you send me a link as want to put money on another footie transfer and would like to see if they have it as can't find any football transfers on there website cheers

orp pisshead1
11-01-2010, 03:20 AM
What a bunch of ***** city are, £140k a WEEK for a footballing oap but won't pay going rate for a brilliant player who'll only get better. Old age effecting memory but didn't moses play well vs city in the cup earlier in season?.And loaning him out should only be back to us imo if it isn't to another prem club. Wankers.

Sheik Yerbouti
11-01-2010, 03:29 AM
I guess a sticking point in him coming straight back to us on loan could be that we'd have to pay some or all of Victor's wages, and they will likely be significantly hiked when he goes to Man City. So we would effectively increase our wage bill, despite having sold a player.

It would be a shame to see him go to another CCC side, but him coming back to us until the rest of the season would be kind of like having a fling with an ex you haven't really got over yet

€pfc
11-01-2010, 03:33 AM
if city have put a bid in I'm sure a bidding war will start

Garfy
11-01-2010, 05:13 AM
So where are the apologists for Jordan now. I'd rather a savvy Chairman than a supporter who screws up!

RDSdaEAGLE
11-01-2010, 06:30 AM
I would be utterly disappointed if we allowed VicMo to leave for City only to see him turn up at West Brom for the rest of the season. That's a shit deal and I would hope Palace refuse it.

Jim Cannon
11-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Forest have joined the chase

Please please do not join another CCC side Victor
Of all the clubs mentioned recently I think Fulham would be the best choice surely? Not a big club, but established in Prem, some good players around to help him with his deveopment, excellent manager and a realistic chance of seeing some action IMHO.

Big Blue Eagle
11-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Couldn't tell you for a fact, but in the same season seems like something even Palace couldn't accept.

And how do you think we will have any choice? Once he is a city player we have no influence on what happens to him - our only option is to refuse to sell him without a loan back - which in our current financial state is high risk.

ianace
11-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Heard from a mate who works at Palace (although not a 100% reliable source so don't quote me on it) suggesting this is about right although with some form of add on not sure what kind or how much it is though and the finer points of the deal are just to be ironed out yet. Didn't know it was on SSN though?

Not sure if this includes a loan back option will try to find out.

The valuation SJ would like to receive before allowing VM to leave is £5m. This can be achieved by add ons if no one is prepared to pay all cash upfront.

Paicey
11-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I guess at least add ons (or indeed if payed in monthly installments) mean there is a regular income comming in that is guarenteed. That should help with cashflow if nothign else!

ianace
11-01-2010, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=Paicey]I guess at least add ons (or indeed if payed in monthly installments) mean there is a regular income comming in that is guarenteed. That should help with cashflow if nothign else![/QUOTE

Yes, there is a way that clubs can have access to all of this money upfront.

Voldo
11-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Happy Monday :( :sob:

cpfc4evandeva
11-01-2010, 09:10 AM
So where are the apologists for Jordan now. I'd rather a savvy Chairman than a supporter who screws up!

How exactly is Jordan screwing us here :confused:

Big Blue Eagle
11-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Who knows - some people just like to throw barbs with no logic......

scro
11-01-2010, 09:18 AM
3.5 presumably with add ons if he makes certain appearances etc. Sounds about the right price to me. I thought 5 million up front sounded ambitious.

Good luck to him. We didn't get much out of him really which is a shame. Certainly think he would have been enjoyable to watch over the next couple of seasons. However needs must. He at least saves us in a slightly different way to how we would have wished.

EagleSE24
11-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Forest now bidding £3m..?!

sydnsteve
11-01-2010, 09:30 AM
If they get him for £3.5 million, it is the steal of the decade, and what a waste, as it will be poured away before we inevitably go down the pan.

And of course we would not be able to afford his wages in a loan back, so he could well go to WBA.

Joeymaz
11-01-2010, 09:33 AM
With Younes Kaboul apparantly going to City for 14million and Kenwyne Jones to Birmingham/Villa for 14million it shows what a shocking deal we are getting if Moses goes for 3.5million

The Gerry Queen
11-01-2010, 09:35 AM

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/116545/Moses-is-the-man-for-City-/

Surely we'd at least be able to force them into kicking him back our way to get the deal done though?

What a little ray of sunshine Sami Mokbel is ! He had to get the lowering of the valuation in twice, the fact that the players haven't been paid still and that City are going to loan him back to West Brom who, on paper, are our Championship promotion rivals in the play off places.
I get the feeling that Sami is relishing the difficulties we are in and Jordan in particular. Probably another case of payback for yet another uncalled for Jordan outburst against someone, in this case Mokbel probably when the Asvertiser were banned by Jordan because of the team strip row.

This morning I am so sad that we are going to lose Victor Moses and so angry at the mess the Club is in :veryangry

sydnsteve
11-01-2010, 09:38 AM
It appears that SJ is selling anything that moves with absolutely no idea what he will do after that. I can't see NW staying if this goes on

chatham_eagle
11-01-2010, 09:45 AM

Thought you had to get speecial dispensation to be registered for 3 clubs in the same season.

917L
11-01-2010, 09:46 AM
It appears that SJ is selling anything that moves with absolutely no idea what he will do after that. I can't see NW staying if this goes on

So far we've sold one player

917L
11-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Thought you had to get speecial dispensation to be registered for 3 clubs in the same season.

Play for 3 clubs isnt it

roadrunner
11-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Forest now bidding £3m..?!If this is true then its truly the end.

917L
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
If this is true then its truly the end.

End of what?

sydnsteve
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
So far we've sold one player

And you think it will stay as that? Apparently we had to sell him to cover Dec wages, so Moses is off for sure, and i suspect anyone else who anyomne wants (of whom we have few left).

That Kenwyne Jones could go for around £10 million mkes the figures suggested for Moses derisory.

Dingle
11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
For a team who've spent upwards of 200 million in just over a year, £3.5 million for the best prospect in the country is a ******** joke :veryangry:

TheCharmer
11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
if true Terrible move for the boy

917L
11-01-2010, 10:04 AM
And you think it will stay as that? Apparently we had to sell him to cover Dec wages, so Moses is off for sure, and i suspect anyone else who anyomne wants (of whom we have few left).

That Kenwyne Jones could go for around £10 million mkes the figures suggested for Moses derisory.

We know why we had to sell him, and we will have to sell others

So?

Its not great buts its where we are at present

Or of course we could keep them all, not pay them and they could all walk for free and we'd go bust

Sell a couple of players and keep teh club afloat or sink, what would you choose?

chatham_eagle
11-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Play for 3 clubs isnt it

You're probably right. Just read something about Jamie O'Hara's possible transfer and didn't know he'd actually played for Spuds this season.

jhc
11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
I get the feeling that Sami is relishing the difficulties we are in and Jordan in particular. Probably another case of payback for yet another uncalled for Jordan outburst against someone, in this case Mokbel probably when the Asvertiser were banned by Jordan because of the team strip row.

I can understand why you might come to that conclusion, but I don't think for one minute that Sami is relishing our current difficulties. Quite the opposite in fact. I think he's quite sad to be reporting what's going on at the moment.
He may be reporting on all the bad news, but he's hardly responsible for it.

Big Blue Eagle
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
But he was the reporter at the centre of the strip row, and left the Adder shortly afterwards

The Gerry Queen
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Play for 3 clubs isnt it

Yes. Craig Beattie played for 3 clubs last season. West Brom, Palac and Sheffield United so I guess it's OK :(

jhc
11-01-2010, 10:35 AM
But he was the reporter at the centre of the strip row, and left the Adder shortly afterwards

True, but that doesn't mean he's on some kind of revenge mission.
He's reporting a lot on Palace
1) Because he obviously still has lots of contacts
2) Because there's lots going on at the club to report on.

It's as simple as that IMO.

cpfcfan1
11-01-2010, 10:45 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/01/11/1738188/report-manchester-city-set-to-seal-35m-deal-for-crystal

The picture at the side, "Victor Moses" and its a picture of Neil Danns :D

Forest
11-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Hello Palace fans.

Just read about our bid for Moses!!! I really hope its true. Just to be in the frame is brilliant for us. However I think its probably paper talk just to hike is price up a bit. I dont think weve got a cat in hells chance, especially when City come in for him. I hope someone else gets him other than City- where he can play week in week out in the premiership.

From what ive seen he is an unbelievable talent and dont think he will go anywhere other than the premiership. Think the World Cup is too early for him but if he has a season in the prem nexy year he'l be an England cert thats for sure.

Anyway, im keeping my fingers crossed that a miracle happens and we sign him. If we do I think we will go up automatically as the position we need to fill is left wing. Is this his best postition?

Good luck with the rest of the season and hope you sort out the financial mess soon and get back to becoming a force again

The Gerry Queen
11-01-2010, 10:48 AM
True, but that doesn't mean he's on some kind of revenge mission.
He's reporting a lot on Palace
1) Because he obviously still has lots on contacts
2) Because there's lots going on at the club to report on.

It's as simple as that IMO.

I would like to believe that he is well intentioned but it's his use of things like , 'Man City being held to ransom ' and his constant repetition of the alleged drop in the asking price for Moses and the final stab being the delayed player wages. Also, prior to this, I found the story insinuating that Moses had given Palace an ultimatum over his unpaid wages that he would 'walk away' ect ect was unneccessary stirring even for a wannabee successful national daily sports hack. Things are bad enough at Palace without Sami Mokbel over embellishing the situation everytime he writes about us.In direct contrast ,it was refreshing to read Neil Ashton's piece in the NOTW yesterday which detailed the seriousness of the situation without any of the negative repetition and constant bad news focus that Sami Mokbel seems unable to rise from in his pieces.

jhc
11-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I know Sami to be an honourable guy, but who's to know how much of his stories our edited for effect? I don't know one way or the other; but on the face of it I do understand your frustration.

kolinkins
11-01-2010, 11:04 AM
I know Sami to be an honourable guy, but who's to know how much of his stories our edited for effect? I don't know one way or the other; but on the face of it I do understand your frustration.

It's not what he says, it's the way he says it.

He wants to clearly make a name for himself, and is not afraid of shitting on the club he claims to support in doing so

The Gerry Queen
11-01-2010, 11:19 AM

I don't want to go down the 'shoot the messenger' road or start another witch hunt against Sami . I am sure he is OK as a person and a journo. You have probably hit the nail on the head with the editing for effect observation. That would account for the 'sloganised' style in his pieces. It's a sad reflection on the state of sports joutnalism really. I wonder if his editor will let him report positivly when our successful takeover happens ?

eagle101
11-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Victor's worth £5m at least :(

sydnsteve
11-01-2010, 11:53 AM
We know why we had to sell him, and we will have to sell others

So?

Its not great buts its where we are at present

Or of course we could keep them all, not pay them and they could all walk for free and we'd go bust

Sell a couple of players and keep teh club afloat or sink, what would you choose?

If i thought selling the players would do that, then it is painful but worthwhile. But for that to happen someone has to buy it, and CPFC has one outstanding asset, ie VM. If he is sold there is not a bidder in sight or they'd be stepping in to prevent the sale. Once all the players are gone, we still owe Agilo, HMRC and Uncle Tom Cobbley. And cannot pay the monthly wages. So how is it saving the club?

Sussex Eagle
11-01-2010, 11:57 AM
If the guy had to be heavily edited every time he submitted a story, he wouldn't be getting work for long now would he. Headlines, subtitles, maybe even the odd leading paragraph, you can probably attribute to sub-eds.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
11-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but hopefully someone has posted the correct answer to the title, which is 'Good, then **** off'.

Although you can't blame them for saving a bit of dosh on Victor if they proceed with meeting Pompey's £14m valuation for Kaboul.

Modern football, what a pile of wank.

Mickey Gilley
11-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Hello Palace fans.

Just read about our bid for Moses!!! I really hope its true. Just to be in the frame is brilliant for us. However I think its probably paper talk just to hike is price up a bit. I dont think weve got a cat in hells chance, especially when City come in for him. I hope someone else gets him other than City- where he can play week in week out in the premiership.

From what ive seen he is an unbelievable talent and dont think he will go anywhere other than the premiership. Think the World Cup is too early for him but if he has a season in the prem nexy year he'l be an England cert thats for sure.

Anyway, im keeping my fingers crossed that a miracle happens and we sign him. If we do I think we will go up automatically as the position we need to fill is left wing. Is this his best postition?

Good luck with the rest of the season and hope you sort out the financial mess soon and get back to becoming a force again

He came through as a left winger but he's played his best football recently as a centre forward, which seems to be his natural position. Similar to the way Henry came through as a youngster.

No disrespect intended to what is obviously a very good Forest team but I suspect he would instantly become your best player as well as a huge fans favourite. He still has to put together an entire season of quality performances to truly prove himself, but he's already shown enough to prove he's a very rare and exceptional talent.

We all expect to see him go to the Premiership but the club will accept the best offer we recieve. Reports claim however that he wants to stay in London.

Lord Flange
11-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm constantly amazed at how many people on this thread see anything north of a couple of million as a good deal for the club.

Anyone can see that VM is the real deal and as such regardless of our financial situation it really is a crying shame that we cant command a fee in the region of what the Arse paid for Walcott.

It also certainly doesnt help that the papers seem to be doing their utmost to vaule him as low as possible.

And Kenwyn f**ing Jones for £11 million - it's like selling Fonte for £1million and seeing Lawrence go to someone else for £5million .........

arrrrgghhhhhhh.

Scroatey
11-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I have every sympathy for the former local journalists that had to cover stories at Palace, considering how badly Jordan managed his, and the club's relationships, with the Standard and the Advertiser from the complete bans, refusal to talk to them, and then getting them to print his spin and bullshit when he wanted the exposure.

Whether you love or hate the press you've got to form decent relationships with them, and it's at times like this that it will help or hinder your reputation and potentially your future.

Lord Flange
11-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Hello Palace fans.

I'll be amazed if you get him, he is truly and exceptional talent - the type of player that can just flick a switch and score from anywhere when he is on his game.

The biggest plus this year for VIc has been consistency. In the last few months he has been consistently on a different planet from the rest if the players on the pitch - and this more than anything is indivative of his mammoth potential.

I've been watching Palace for 30 years now and I dont think I have seen a player with more natural ability than Moses.

£3million makes me want to vomit.:veryangry

Vince Hilaire's Afro
11-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I have every sympathy for the former local journalists that had to cover stories at Palace, considering how badly Jordan managed his, and the club's relationships, with the Standard and the Advertiser from the complete bans, refusal to talk to them, and then getting them to print his spin and bullshit when he wanted the exposure.

Whether you love or hate the press you've got to form decent relationships with them, and it's at times like this that it will help or hinder your reputation and potentially your future.
Generally speaking, arrogance and lack of diplomacy have been 2 of Jordan's biggest failings during his Palace tenure, and it seems they're both coming back to bite him on the arse somewhat.

He stands to lose out big time financially, but perhaps he's learnt some lessons that can hold him in good stead for the future. I hope so.

Forest
11-01-2010, 12:41 PM
He came through as a left winger but he's played his best football recently as a centre forward, which seems to be his natural position. Similar to the way Henry came through as a youngster.

No disrespect intended to what is obviously a very good Forest team but I suspect he would instantly become your best player as well as a huge fans favourite. He still has to put together an entire season of quality performances to truly prove himself, but he's already shown enough to prove he's a very rare and exceptional talent.

We all expect to see him go to the Premiership but the club will accept the best offer we recieve. Reports claim however that he wants to stay in London.

Im sure he would be our best player, he's got to be the best young talent in England - along with Wilshire at Arsenal. Thats why I think weve got no chance of signing him. It would be nice though. He is the kind of player that fans love to watch. I doubt we will be offering much more than £3million (if we have actually offered anything ?!), so one of the big four will probably get him. Im suprised Arsenal havnt put a bid in yet - or have they?

Dingle
11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm constantly amazed at how many people on this thread see anything north of a couple of million as a good deal for the club.

Anyone can see that VM is the real deal and as such regardless of our financial situation it really is a crying shame that we cant command a fee in the region of what the Arse paid for Walcott.

It also certainly doesnt help that the papers seem to be doing their utmost to vaule him as low as possible.

And Kenwyn f**ing Jones for £11 million - it's like selling Fonte for £1million and seeing Lawrence go to someone else for £5million .........

arrrrgghhhhhhh.

It's a joke isn't it? This is the team that spent £24 million on Lescott, bid over £100 million for Kaka, yet can only stump up £3.5 million up front for one of the most prostigious young talents in the world. Football is becoming more and more of a joke by the day and I am fast falling out of love with it (and I'm sure i'm not the only one who feels like this.) Anything less than 5 million up front with add ons and I will feel like we've been royally scr*wed over.

Chris K
11-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Bang on the money Dingle. I'd be furious with £3.5m from a team that is so willing to splash the cash elsewhere

917L
11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
If i thought selling the players would do that, then it is painful but worthwhile. But for that to happen someone has to buy it, and CPFC has one outstanding asset, ie VM. If he is sold there is not a bidder in sight or they'd be stepping in to prevent the sale. Once all the players are gone, we still owe Agilo, HMRC and Uncle Tom Cobbley. And cannot pay the monthly wages. So how is it saving the club?

Well if we dont sell players, the club wont be a going concern for anyone to buy.

jhc
11-01-2010, 01:27 PM
It's a joke isn't it? This is the team that spent £24 million on Lescott, bid over £100 million for Kaka, yet can only stump up £3.5 million up front for one of the most prostigious young talents in the world. Football is becoming more and more of a joke by the day and I am fast falling out of love with it (and I'm sure i'm not the only one who feels like this.) Anything less than 5 million up front with add ons and I will feel like we've been royally scr*wed over.

Be prepared then, because £5M+ isn't going to happen.
Your assessment is probably accurate and I couldn't agree more about your comments of Lescott.
The reality is Championship players never fetch that sort of figure. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

Gooders
11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Hello Palace fans.

Welcome fella.

The bad news is that I don't think you'll get him.

The good news is that I think you're going up in the automatic places anyway - and after the last few years you've had who can begrudge it?

Was very impressed with the performance at West Brom. Good luck for the rest of the season.

AJ's right boot
11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Your assessment is probably accurate and I couldn't agree more about your comments of Lescott.
The reality is Championship players never fetch that sort of figure. Like it or not, that's the way it is.
Theo Walcott?

chatham_eagle
11-01-2010, 01:31 PM
The reality is Championship players never fetch that sort of figure. like it or not, that's the way it is.

Ramsey, Walcott and Delph all went for over 5Mil. Naughton and Walker went for a combined 9 Million I believe, all around Victor's age and played in same league, or below in Delph's case.

917L
11-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Walcott, Ramsey etc

Vince Hilaire's Afro
11-01-2010, 01:38 PM
If we weren't so desperate to sell Victor, he'd go for more money.

Simple.

Norwoodguy
11-01-2010, 01:38 PM
We are in no position to barter sadly - if we were more solvent then we could play far far harder.

Fact is City know our position - and I have no doubt that we would do the same in their position.

No point in crying foul over this - its a shame.....but it is not Man City's fault that we are forced to accept a derisory figure due to our own financial mis-management.