desborough-john
01-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Darren now at Millwall (free).

Jim Cannon
01-01-2010, 04:17 PM
also owns a cattery, really

cross_eyed_ed
01-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I liked him right up to the point that he let the ball bounce over his head against Watford. Was a nice guy at the POTY evening that year as well.

Owngoal
01-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Never warmed to the 'Peckham Beckham' who thought he was better than he was. How many good signings from Millwall over the years?

gold76
01-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Armstrong only one I can think off, Roberts was ok I guess..

Louis
01-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Much too keen on brushing his hair rather than playing. I'm surprised Millwall are interested, to be honest, I would have thought they could do a lot better.

Woosie
01-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I thought he was a decent player for us, nothing special but alright.

9Freedman9
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
He hated his time at Palace and wanted out for a very very long time.

telodaja
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
How many good signings from Millwall over the years?
Only us old gits will remember Peter Burridge

Typical Palace
02-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Wasn't Derek Posse from Millwall and quite good?

glaziers fan
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
he's ******* useless.

Mister Parks
02-01-2010, 07:04 PM

He was from Millwall and he wasn't very good. He was a better player when he played alongside Keith Weller at Millwall. I'm sure I recall that Weller was the player we wanted but we ended up with Possee
:(

Typical Palace
02-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I was told that Wardy was running joke in refusing to speak to the press after feeling he was stitched up.

He was so dumb. Apparently he was asked about the reports that West Ham considered buying him where he'd join his brother Elliot. He joked that, them playing in the same position, he wouldn't want to keep him out of the West Ham side (presuming he even would have).

Sure enough the scumbag journos report his words as if said stony faced, as of course a story hungry hack would. So he then refuses to speak to the press ever again.

Shouldn't he really say 'I'm too stupid not to put my foot in it if I speak to the press, so I'd better not' rather than making out he was above it all?

Typical Palace
02-01-2010, 07:07 PM
He was from Millwall and he wasn't very good. He was a better player when he played alongside Keith Weller at Millwall. I'm sure I recall that Weller was the player we wanted but we ended up with Possee
:(
Thanks Mister, some of my mate recall him more fondly. Maybe there's irony involved.

telodaja
02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes & No in the order of above. Not sure if we tried to get Weller but he was the one we should have brought. It was Weller, or Weller & Possee, but not Possee on his own.

Stavros 69
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Another player that simply thought he was better than he was. More interested in conditioner than rolling up his sleeves and getting dirty. I would much rather have a Clint Hill that gives 100% and wants to play than some my little pony player that can do the odd flick.
Enjoy league one douche bag.

Philr_99
03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Never warmed to the 'Peckham Beckham' who thought he was better than he was. How many good signings from Millwall over the years?

Tim Cahill almost was :sob:

gold76
03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Will probably be remembered most for his stinker against Watford in the playoffs

Riccardo
04-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Another player that simply thought he was better than he was. More interested in conditioner than rolling up his sleeves and getting dirty. I would much rather have a Clint Hill that gives 100% and wants to play than some my little pony player that can do the odd flick.
Enjoy league one douche bag.

Where as Nick Carle is quality....

'Warrior' (WWF, remember ?) Ward was good. I thought he could have become a Palace hero.

Aaroncpfc
04-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I thought Darren Ward did quite well for us. That mistake aside against Watford he was probably our best centeral defender in a season where we made the playoffs. I felt he played well the following season too but was unlucky in a way that Taylor always preferred Hudson and Cort who were arguably our best players that season as well.

I am quite amazed at how badly he played for Wolves and Charlton though and I think he's long past his best. He could do a job for a side in this division like Sheffield Wednesday or Barnsley but a move back to the club where he played his best football at does seem to make the most sense.

Owngoal
04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Memories being stirred by your comments. Loved Andy Roberts, skillfull player. Possee and the word good should not be used in the same sentence (not being heightest but he had to show identity every time he went to the pub, had a very long non scoring streak as well. cahill would have been one of our best ever signings......

David of Kent
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
No good signings from Millwall?

Chris Armstrong was fantastic for us.

Owngoal
04-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah David, but whatever did the Romans do for us?

Jon Thompson
04-01-2010, 09:32 PM
always like Anton Otulakowski esp when he banged in that free kick against them and we went top!! :D

gold76
04-01-2010, 09:45 PM
always like Anton Otulakowski esp when he banged in that free kick against them and we went top!! :D

Quality day was 10 at the time (about September 86?)

Won a competition in the SLP 4 tickets & a meal in Crystals

JJ
05-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Chris Armstrong wasn't exactly too shabby either. He scored the best header I've ever seen in the 5-1 v Portsmouth.

sydnsteve
05-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Chris Armstrong wasn't exactly too shabby either. He scored the best header I've ever seen in the 5-1 v Portsmouth.

He also did that amazing run where he flicked the ball from behind him over his head while running, and over the defender, then ran on to score. A really good player who sadly lost his way at Spurs.

Benzhiyi
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I thought Darren Ward did quite well for us. That mistake aside against Watford he was probably our best centeral defender in a season where we made the playoffs. I felt he played well the following season too but was unlucky in a way that Taylor always preferred Hudson and Cort who were arguably our best players that season as well.

I am quite amazed at how badly he played for Wolves and Charlton though and I think he's long past his best. He could do a job for a side in this division like Sheffield Wednesday or Barnsley but a move back to the club where he played his best football at does seem to make the most sense.

Nicely summarised.

He was awful towards the end, but still a cut above Fitz ******* Hall.