PDA

View Full Version : Moses to stay?

willett57
03-01-2010, 12:03 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Exclusive-Victor-Moses-interview-I-m-ready-to-shun-Liverpool-and-Barcelona-to-stay-with-Crystal-Palace-article275257.html

Henfield Eagle
03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Exclusive-Victor-Moses-interview-I-m-ready-to-shun-Liverpool-and-Barcelona-to-stay-with-Crystal-Palace-article275257.html
Nice:p

The Omen
03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Great to see this story - thanks for posting it, but another Moses thread... not really needed.

forsells no1 fan
03-01-2010, 12:09 AM
If this is true of what he said then the boy is even more a legend than before....especially if these quotes are after he wasnt paid AGAIN....but im just convinced he wont have a choice once a bid comes in!

Cuddles
03-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Victor! :love: :love: :love:

Dingle
03-01-2010, 12:13 AM
LEGEND

Kevin T
03-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Stock interview answers from a player about to be transferred isn't it?

ANDYEAGLE
03-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Nice:p

Yes nice article and puts to bed the crap about him walking out if he was not paid. Does not change our financial positiion though:sob:

Crunchie
03-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Nice article.

I know most words from professional footballers are hot air, but I think these words are genuine.

Santos-er
03-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Seems to have his head screwed on.

Shame it's not really in his hands.

PALACEFAN
03-01-2010, 12:29 AM
What a boy. Always thought he seemed pretty grounded, it's ironic that it seems to be the club who want/need to sell him rather than the other way round.

I hope he goes on to have a great career (maybe even with us - you never know!)

Beatleboy
03-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Seems to have his head screwed on.

Shame it's not really in his hands.

You can't have it both ways. You either want him to have his head screwed on, or you want his head to be in his hands - silly boy:D :hi:

pauldrulez
03-01-2010, 12:34 AM
What a boy. Always thought he seemed pretty grounded, it's ironic that it seems to be the club who want/need to sell him rather than the other way round.

I hope he goes on to have a great career (maybe even with us - you never know!)Bit like Matt Jansen.

Tomo
03-01-2010, 12:37 AM
That's lovely :)

Watson's My Cat
03-01-2010, 12:39 AM
I'm just not capable of loving this guy any more than I already do.

:love:

Adlerhorst
03-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Stock interview answers from a player about to be transferred isn't it?Sssshhh, innit.

Though I do rather agree.

Hope he means it all, but if Brighton were to ever have a good young player, and he came out with this, this is exactly what we would all be saying.

Jer
03-01-2010, 12:43 AM
No, don't think so (or he'll stay when we need to sell)

Dingle
03-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Must be good for potential buyers to hear the clubs most valuable asset commit himself to the club.

David Amsalem
03-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Big time Charlie, attitude, diver, would accept £1m etc etc :rolleyes:

Good work Victor, it's been a joy watching you reach your potential.

SpikeyMatt
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Ahhhhh, it's nice to hear it from Victor's mouth :)

(Just please keep to them Vic, at least until the summer)

Brummie Allan
03-01-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm glad a read that before going to bed.

etu
03-01-2010, 03:30 AM
I'll wait until January's end before I celebrate...

TheCharmer
03-01-2010, 07:34 AM
where does it say he wont go to these clubs? Misleading headline

KennyB
03-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Joy to watch, skillful player, and entertaining, (and now scoring goals as well). How do you equate the drop on attendance and a fall-off in team results against a quick 2 mill (because that's all we are going to get).

Sometimes I wish there was a magic formula where you could actually calculate if it's worth selling someone.

I always remember when the owner of Swansea hired one G Best, and someone said "How can you afford Best", and the reply was "How can a football team afford NOT to have George Best".

I know Victor's not quite in the Besty league, but surely, surely, can't SJ see how short-sighted it would be to lose our most skillful and entertaining player right now ?

Cleon
03-01-2010, 08:26 AM
I think that guy Jordan hired to maximise the asset values of his players seems to be doing a very good job.

bubbs11
03-01-2010, 08:30 AM
That story maybe Victor's sentiments but they are not his words surely? It just doesn't sound like him to me. Sounds like the job of an agent or journalist to me.

Prince Phillip
03-01-2010, 08:46 AM
That story maybe Victor's sentiments but they are not his words surely? It just doesn't sound like him to me. Sounds like the job of an agent or journalist to me.

Indeed, "bent over backwards", "I'm a religious boy" sounds more like Harry Redknapp's generation than an urban London teenager!

Brummie Allan
03-01-2010, 09:01 AM
That story maybe Victor's sentiments but they are not his words surely? It just doesn't sound like him to me. Sounds like the job of an agent or journalist to me.I've just read it again and sort of agree with you. As we know most players are not that articulate and if the journalist had written it down word for word it would have been hard to read. I guess you ask Victor some questions, write down his answers and then type up your article, hopefully letting Victor proof read it before printing. As long as they are Victors sentiments, that's ok with me.

Dave
03-01-2010, 09:41 AM
17 agents. LOL

palace_boy_luke
03-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Sounds a bit too much like the interveiw with Bostock, 2 weeks later and he was gone

hughff
03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
For me, this was obviously either written by or orchestrated by the CPFC press office and it says two things:
1. Victor Moses is available for transfer - make us an offer.
2. WE will not be held for ransom; you'll have to pay a good price or we'll just hold onto him.

glayzier
03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Indeed, "bent over backwards", "I'm a religious boy" sounds more like Harry Redknapp's generation than an urban London teenager!

Whilst I appreciate that he should not always be indebted to the club or Simon Jordan there must be a relationship between them somewhere.

If Victors true journey through life was taken into account he really does have sentiment that shines through in his loyalty to both CPFC & SJ. And yes these words would have come through from the intelligent lad that he is.

ANDYEAGLE
03-01-2010, 10:04 AM
17 agents. LOL

17 scouts actually Dave. Can't see 17 turning up on Boxing Day somehow.
If they did I hope they paid to get in.

Archiebald Leitch
03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Will Sami Mokbel rerun this story?

Louis
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM
:p. He could have said: ďI have seen the speculation linking me with numerous clubs and to be honest it's great. Iím under contract to Crystal Palace until 2011 and Iím just going to keep working hard at my game so I can sign for a big club.Ē But that wouldn't have looked good, so he didn't.

cpfcben
03-01-2010, 10:43 AM
A positive news story. Something of a shock these days.

Stavros 69
03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I love to vic mo.
Can one of the flag boys make a half England half Nigerian flag for the homesdale please.

budgie
03-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I've just read it again and sort of agree with you. As we know most players are not that articulate and if the journalist had written it down word for word it would have been hard to read. I guess you ask Victor some questions, write down his answers and then type up your article, hopefully letting Victor proof read it before printing. As long as they are Victors sentiments, that's ok with me.

I don't think your really giving Victor too much credit, generally footballers may not be that articulate, but Victor has benefited by being scholared at one of the countries finest schools, and of course he has Palace to thank for this, so maybe in tnhis case, he really does feel some loyalty towards Palace.

st albans
03-01-2010, 11:14 AM
great to hear but sadly i don't think it will be his decision to stay or go

eagle101
03-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Will Sami Mokbel rerun this story?

'Palace starlet Moses lies to orchestrate move to top 4 club.'

davematt
03-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Was very refreshing to wake up and read that this morning in the paper.

Victor's situation is very unique. His upbringing is vastly different to I would say 99% of current professional players in this country, and I trust every word he says. As he also says, he is a very religious person (Yes, Bostock was as well, but the circumstances are pretty different) and Victor generally does fell certain people not only helped him, but also saved him. Thankfully many of these people are within our club.

In the next few weeks, I expect the final decision won't be down to Victor, and I am sure he knows he could be the one player that could raise enough money to keep us going for the rest of the season, but at the same time, I can't see him agreeing to a cut price move (Like Bostock did) that leaves us completley out of pocket.

Also, this completley destroys Mokbel's article that Victor will be walking away from us due to his lack of pay packet.

Sandowneagle
03-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Where is that Sammy tosschops journo from The Mail with his exclusive Victor will walk out story.

TheMexicanHorse
03-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Lads this is a nice bit of PR from Vic and his agent but this line sums the whole story up:

If an offer came in for me that Palace felt was too good to turn down I would have to seriously consider it.

He knows full well we cannot afford to turn down any offer our current position.

Why people are taking any notice of this story I do not know.

If the club is not taking over by the end of next week Victor is off, deal with it.

Freddy Kurz
03-01-2010, 12:07 PM

cynic?

Freddy Kurz
03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Lads this is a nice bit of PR from Vic and his agent but this line sums the whole story up:

He knows full well we cannot afford to turn down any offer our current position.

Why people are taking any notice of this story I do not know.

If the club is not taking over by the end of next week Victor is off, deal with it.

Any offer??? Jordan turned down a £6m offer for Andy Johnson from Wigan
and sold him to Everton for £8m.......

Abjekt
03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Always take these articles with a pinch of salt, but it's nice that Vic is saying these things about Warnock and being grateful for what he has.

As mentioned in this thread, it's a shame that it's out of his hands. I'd love for us to ride this turbulent financial time, somehow keep him and move onwards with him as one of the main cogs in our push for promotion.

Brummie Allan
03-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't think your really giving Victor too much credit, generally footballers may not be that articulate, but Victor has benefited by being scholared at one of the countries finest schools, and of course he has Palace to thank for this, so maybe in this case, he really does feel some loyalty towards Palace.I have never or rarely heard Victor speak so I'm sorry I made the assumption he doesn't speak fluently and articulately and there was no offence meant. People on here were saying it was not his words that were in print, I was defending him by saying they were but not a transcript of the interview as spoken. From what I have heard I believe he has got loyalty to the club and is very well grounded, let hope outside agencies don't change this for their own gain.

I gather in Bostocks case an agent and his father had a lot to do with him leaving. Has Victor got family with him?

eagle mart
03-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Good PR. It's depressing reading all these negative stories without quotes. What beeter way to counter that with a positive story with some quotes. Nothing has changed, if we need the money, he'll be gone.

I'm hoping the brinkmanship in the takeover will occur before the need to sell him for what is these days peanuts, for one of the best talents in europe at this moment.

Il Padrino
03-01-2010, 07:00 PM

his parents were ministers and he has a huge 'god's own' tatoo on his arm so the religious but might be true

BulletEagle
03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
LEGEND

Wow. I was expecting just a story, but quotes from Victor himself! ******* hell I love him!

Seaside Eagle
03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I have never or rarely heard Victor speak so I'm sorry I made the assumption he doesn't speak fluently and articulately and there was no offence meant. People on here were saying it was not his words that were in print, I was defending him by saying they were but not a transcript of the interview as spoken. From what I have heard I believe he has got loyalty to the club and is very well grounded, let hope outside agencies don't change this for their own gain.

I gather in Bostocks case an agent and his father had a lot to do with him leaving. Has Victor got family with him?

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sports/82114-escaping-war-torn-nigeria-how.html

It's Victor Moses' life story. Quite touching, in my opinion. His family were murdered in Nigeria, and he came to England alone.

Kirby
03-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Good lad Victor.

Just keep putting 100% in and raising your valuation. Then you can leave with our blessing.

Louis
03-01-2010, 08:32 PM
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sports/82114-escaping-war-torn-nigeria-how.html

It's Victor Moses' life story. Quite touching, in my opinion. His family were murdered in Nigeria, and he came to England alone.
Wow - I didn't know that about him - little insights into the minds of Moses and Warnock there. Brings my little problems, and even Palace's, into perspective when you read things like that.

Malakite
03-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Stay Victor!!

hughff
04-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Pretty clear that he's going, sadly:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1240337/Manchester-City-join-5m-race-Crystal-Palace-striker-Victor-Moses.html?ITO=1490

The key thing is that he doesn't appear to be going too cheaply. After Man. City's tough words to The Selhurst Faithful's most loved journalist :hmph: I note that they are now coming back to the table. Furthermore, Finnigan is talking up Vic's price well.

Palace are shopping him hard but not under a flashing blue light in aisle 17.

Brummie Allan
04-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Pretty clear that he's going, sadly:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1240337/Manchester-City-join-5m-race-Crystal-Palace-striker-Victor-Moses.html?ITO=1490

The key thing is that he doesn't appear to be going too cheaply. After Man. City's tough words to The Selhurst Faithful's most loved journalist :hmph: I note that they are now coming back to the table. Furthermore, Finnigan is talking up Vic's price well.

Palace are shopping him hard but not under a flashing blue light in aisle 17.WTF I clicked on the link saw who wrote the article and didn't bother to read it, take this post to another thread. Head in sand ? well maybe.

BulletEagle
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
On SSN they mentioned Man City are looking to make a bid but Palace want at least £5 million.

hughff
04-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Go back to the link, Brumie, and read the article. Here's three key sentences:

Manchester City will press ahead with a move for Crystal Palace striker Victor Moses this week.

Brian Marwood, the Eastlands football administrator, held initial talks over a potential move for Moses last week but was taken aback by the club's £5million valuation.

But Marwood wants to hold a second round of talks with Palace this week and will head down to Selhurst Park on Saturday to run the rule over Moses when Palace take on Bristol City in the Championship.

As I said, we're looking to get a good price for him, which could save the club from admin. The article makes it quite clear that both Vic and Finnigan aren't looking to screw over Palace and that Man City's tough words have been rapidly forgotten.

Don't get septic with me for posting an appropriate link when you can't even be bothered to read it.

sydnsteve
04-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I think he means it, but of course he is going. £5 million would be an utter steal. He will go on to be a top 10 talent. The only problem is that SJ will just flush that money down the hole that is SP finances.
If VM is sold, there is no buyer in prospect, as he is the club's only real asset, and is on contract till 2011.

Neil 154
04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
"I am a deeply religious boy and a day doesnít pass when I donít consider how fortunate I am" Sorry to be cynical, but this has been written by a PR company.

deftones_eagle
04-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Will he be playing on Saturday? That is what I'm mulling over today.

Brummie Allan
04-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Don't get septic with me for posting an appropriate link when you can't even be bothered to read it.I did go back and read it but it's gone past the point of believing a word he says.

There are plenty of threads on here telling us Moses is going, this happened to be a good news thread telling us about what Moses is thinking with quotes and the article above yours telling us what he has been through. Your link would have been more appropriate in the Moses going thread, unless you want to spread doom and gloom everywhere.

Brummie Allan
04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
"I am a deeply religious boy and a day doesnít pass when I donít consider how fortunate I am" Sorry to be cynical, but this has been written by a PR company.Did you read the article posted by Seaside Eagle I can believe it is his words.

sydnsteve
04-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Brummie, the only context for VM staying would be a buyer in prospect, and that really does not seem to be a possibility.

Gazza2
04-01-2010, 02:09 PM
If the immediate future of the club is dependent on a transfer fee being received for the sale of VM, then I hope to God we do not play him again before he is sold. Imagine if he got injured! And the style he plays always makes him a target for the cloggers in the oppo.

virtuebenn
04-01-2010, 03:02 PM
came over from nigeria, went to public school, not really that much of a urban london teenager tbh

BulletEagle
04-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Bit about him on SSN now

BulletEagle
04-01-2010, 06:13 PM
No bids on the table according to Sky but Birmingham, Liverpool, Man City, West Brom all want him for £5 million

tasty_snacks
05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
comments like this can only serve to knock the price up a few more quid. good good.

Sir.S.C Remembered
05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
If he sticks to such a philosophy and works hard for us he has just increased his legend status with us to a whole new level. It is touching to see such quotes! I hope he doesn't do a Bostock though, but we have evidence to suggest he won't (e.g. he could have left for Chelsea before he signed pro for us, as they were in for him). If we get a good fee for him (£5m) then he could do us a favour by leaving financially, and we would ALL wish him the best of luck, especially he if chose well club wise and big time if he pushed for a immediate loan move back to us!

orp pisshead1
06-01-2010, 09:25 AM
comments like this can only serve to knock the price up a few more quid towards a realistic valuation good good.
:p

wedgetail
06-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I can't understand Villa not being interested.

Adlerhorst
06-01-2010, 01:19 PM
I can't understand Villa not being interested.They already have lots of people in a similar mould.

Louis
06-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Will he be playing on Saturday? That is what I'm mulling over today.
Match postponed

Brummie Allan
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Match postponed?

ob13
06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
If he sticks to such a philosophy and works hard for us he has just increased his legend status with us to a whole new level. It is touching to see such quotes! I hope he doesn't do a Bostock though, but we have evidence to suggest he won't (e.g. he could have left for Chelsea before he signed pro for us, as they were in for him). If we get a good fee for him (£5m) then he could do us a favour by leaving financially, and we would ALL wish him the best of luck, especially he if chose well club wise and big time if he pushed for a immediate loan move back to us!

he cant do a Bostock,as to do this he would need to go back in time to before he was old enough to sign a contract and then tout himself around to the highest bidder, thereby shitting on the club that has looked after him for years.if moses goes this month he will go because the club wants/needs to sell him and this after giving us a few years of enjoyment.whatever the outcome i hope by the time moses has about 50 England caps Bostock has managed to establish himself at a championship club somewhere.

trickyricky66
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
My leeds m8 just told me leeds want Victor, he said they would pay 3 mil.
Its on they web site.Thats the only way they would beckford go.

BulletEagle
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
My leeds m8 just told me leeds want Victor, he said they would pay 3 mil.
Its on they web site.Thats the only way they would beckford go.

m8 dat is lyk the biggest load of bull eva innit. as if sum twats lyk leeds wud eva get a kid as sick as moses ur m8 is a twat m8

Louis
07-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Moses is more likely to go to Egypt than Leeds

Louis
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
He's just become to favourite to stay at Palace after the January window with Skybet ...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/victor-moses-specials/club-after-january-transfer-window

james powell
07-01-2010, 06:25 PM
m8 dat is lyk the biggest load of bull eva innit. as if sum twats lyk leeds wud eva get a kid as sick as moses ur m8 is a twat m8
Dat comment is lyk well tru innit Bullet.
Plus tho, that wud b propa outters if e went 2 Leeds, he's like well beta than dem.

MasterYoda
08-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City are sending scouts to Crystal Palace's home game on Saturday as the race hots up for striker Victor Moses.
Full story: Daily Mirror
Should mean he plays then (if we do)

palacemaniac
08-01-2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Arsenal-Manchester-City-and-Tottenham-in-three-way-tussle-for-Championship-star-article280361.html

Apparently we're willing to loan him out till the end of the season for 1,5 million

Sir.S.C Remembered
08-01-2010, 11:28 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Arsenal-Manchester-City-and-Tottenham-in-three-way-tussle-for-Championship-star-article280361.html

Apparently we're willing to loan him out till the end of the season for 1,5 million

Although a blow to our 'promotion' chances, I think many of us would take this!! A decent fee and we get him back after only a few months unless a future fee is set or he goes in summer.

I like the option of a £5m sale and a loan back for 1.5 years :)

CPFC_DAVE77
08-01-2010, 11:34 AM
We should: Loan him to to a Prem side that are liekly to play him. I'm thinking Wigan/Villa/Hull, Brum would be excellent. When (if) he tears it up ge will have proven Prem level and we can and will demand more. Simples.

palacemaniac
08-01-2010, 11:35 AM
We should: Loan him to to a Prem side that are liekly to play him. I'm thinking Wigan/Villa/Hull, Brum would be excellent. When (if) he tears it up ge will have proven Prem level and we can and will demand more. Simples.

Or he goes to Hull, flops and comes back with a valuation of 1 mil :(

CPFC_DAVE77
08-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Or he goes to Hull, flops and comes back with a valuation of 1 mil :(

Which is what some people think he's worth anyway. It's a gamble if Valencia is worth 16 mill playing well for Wigan it's something to consider.

m_reid
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
When (if) he tears it up ge will have proven Prem level and we can and will demand more. Simples.

and if he doesnt?:(

ANDYEAGLE
08-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Although a blow to our 'promotion' chances, I think many of us would take this!! A decent fee and we get him back after only a few months unless a future fee is set or he goes in summer.

I like the option of a £5m sale and a loan back for 1.5 years :)

To be fair our promotion chances this season are slim anyway. Losing Victor,Fonte and whoever we just need to think about getting to 52 points and safety this season. This will not be a formality either as the leaque is so tight. Financial stability and survival in this leaque are the priorities now.

CPFC_DAVE77
08-01-2010, 12:47 PM
and if he doesnt?:(

He still has a CCC record better than Walcott.

James
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Neil Warnock is practically begging Clubs to make a bid.

Latest from the BBC. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/8448729.stm)

Dave
08-01-2010, 03:51 PM
SJ is a genius.

Sell all the peripheral and replaceable players and retain the gem for a push 2010/122 season

Adlerhorst
08-01-2010, 04:21 PM
SJ is a genius.

Sell all the peripheral and replaceable players and retain the gem for a push 2010/122 seasonIf it gets us to the end of the season I agree then (maybe).

It wont though will it.

Who are we going to sell to pay the wages in February when the transfer window has shut? JAT

Oh and in case you missed it according to the press at least, we're prepared to sell or loan moses, to anyone.

gold76
08-01-2010, 09:14 PM
One of the Arsenal forums said they were keen on a £1.5 million loan, bollocks I hope..

orp pisshead1
08-01-2010, 09:36 PM
To be fair our promotion chances this season are slim anyway. Losing Victor,Fonte and whoever we just need to think about getting to 52 points and safety this season. This will not be a formality either as the leaque is so tight. Financial stability and survival in this leaque are the priorities now.
Sadly I think you'll find we need at 62-65points

orp pisshead1
08-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Gold I hope its true cos thats the club where he'll prosper most and then they can pay the other £10.5 million.
Imo arsenal players are the 1s who play without most fear.

gold76
08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
I agree Orp, Arsenal would be a great move for him, but feel we need a lot more up front! What if he get's crock whilst on loan.

They have money to spend, I can see say £4/5 million being too much of a gamble for them

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I can't see a loan suiting Jordan, unless I'm being really thick. If he's aiming to reduce the debt/his liability with player sales before administration, then he needs a cash sale for Moses, and a big one.
If he is loaned out, I assume his registration would follow those of the remaining players over to whatever the new entity is called that comes out of administration, therefore denying Jordan, the former owner, access to the funds of an eventual sale.
Have I read this wrong?

Jason
09-01-2010, 12:24 AM
I can't see a loan suiting Jordan, unless I'm being really thick. If he's aiming to reduce the debt/his liability with player sales before administration, then he needs a cash sale for Moses, and a big one.
If he is loaned out, I assume his registration would follow those of the remaining players over to whatever the new entity is called that comes out of administration, therefore denying Jordan, the former owner, access to the funds of an eventual sale.
Have I read this wrong?

Depends. My reading of it is that Jordan probably needs to clear the HMRC and Agilo loans to get any real chance of a negotiated sale (IE without admin). This will cost c£6m, of which about £2m appears close for selling Fonte and Danns. If he can loan Moses for another £1.5m , we're "only" £2.5m short. Given Jordan's ability when it comes to player sales (even now, he appears to be getting good fees under the circumstances), he may be able to raise most of this by selling a couple of other senior players.

This leaves the club with arguably the best of both worlds where it comes to the playing staff from the perspective of trying to sell the club. Most of the high wage senior pros will be gone, or at least close to the end of their deals. However, most of the low wage, potentially high value youngsters (including or "prize asset") remain on the books. This might make it easier for Jordan to acheive what appears to be his main aim of getting out and putting a stop on his losses

cdm61
09-01-2010, 11:31 AM
City to honour youth plan with bid for Palace’s Moses By Ian Herbert

Saturday, 9 January 2010
Manchester City are seeking to make good their pledge to buy in elite youth players by moving for Crystal Palace’s 19-year-old striking prodigy Victor Moses.

Palace manager Neil Warnock indicated yesterday that he believes Moses will be heading out of Selhurst Park unless the current financial difficulties are resolved and City’s football administrator Brian Marwood will press ahead with the club’s move for a player Palace are seeking £5m for.
Palace are understood to have received a £1.5m bid from West Bromwich Albion and there are doubts as to whether other prospective suitors will match the valuation. But City, who feel that their current academy crop does not equip them to make the leap to Champions League football, have the spending power that others seeking Moses’ signature lack.

Man City or bust

CPFC87
09-01-2010, 11:57 AM
WBA 1.5m LOL.

AJ
09-01-2010, 01:34 PM
The thing about Moses is that his value will more than likely increase over the next few years, whereas most of the rest of Palace's team(exception Clyne?) will probably decrease over the next few months. If Palace have to satisfy a 4m loan from Aglio with the sale of VM, then to keep Aglio at bay it may be necessary to hold onto Moses until the summer and sell him for closer to that value, as otherwise where will Palace get the money to pay Aglio? And Aglio may know that to.

Seaside Eagle
10-01-2010, 12:19 PM
"I am a deeply religious boy and a day doesnít pass when I donít consider how fortunate I am" Sorry to be cynical, but this has been written by a PR company.

Or, it has been written by a boy who IS deeply religious, and his parents were killed in his home country because they were Christian Ministers, at the hand of Muslims?

Sorry to burst your bubble... but I don't doubt he thinks himself lucky that he was outside playing football at the time his parents were being murdered; else he'd have been killed too.

ianace
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Moses will only be sold when the bidding reaches a level that SJ is happy with. Currently there are two premiership clubs interested. They are close to the valuation but not quite. Watch this space....

CPFC_DAVE77
11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Crystal Palace have confirmed that Nottingham Forest have enquired about the availability of Victor Moses.

The 19-year-old has found himself at the centre of mounting transfer speculation of late, with a January departure from Selhurst Park seemingly on the cards.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5853241,00.html

cpfcfan1
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Just on SSN about moses, said close sources have said NO bids have been made and its just interest at the moment

m_reid
11-01-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5853241,00.html

i posted this in another thread but warnock says that forest have not made an offer

rhiannapaul
03-04-2011, 10:14 PM
wigan looking nailed on for relegation , poor Victor should have stayed poxy agent . dream move my arsse! no fans shite club ,how much to have him back ,will we boo him next year?

Seaside Eagle
03-04-2011, 10:18 PM
wigan looking nailed on for relegation , poor Victor should have stayed poxy agent . dream move my arsse! no fans shite club ,how much to have him back ,will we boo him next year?

His sale kept our club alive.

rednblue eagle
03-04-2011, 10:22 PM

We had to sell. Why would we boo him?

Seaside Eagle
03-04-2011, 10:25 PM
We had to sell. Why would we boo him?

He DEFINITELY won't be booed.

pauldrulez
03-04-2011, 10:28 PM
You think he wanted to go?

You think he wanted to move from the 2nd place he'd been able to call home?

The 2nd time he'd been part of a family and moved away?

I've mentioned it before, I met Victor when I was young and did a few times after that. In fact, the last time I met him, I was proud to get a certificate from him and Lee Hills for volunteering in the Study Centre at Selhurst.

If you knew him, you'd know he was a quiet guy who struggled for the first couple of years here. You know the old saying "Football is a global language". That spoke for Moses.

I'm glad he went to Wigan of all the teams in the Premiership. He moved to a 3rd new place of his life. Luckily though, he had a couple of friends up there already in Boyce and Ben Watson. Through a friend of Victor's, i've found out that he and Watson are indeed close and I heard that it hit Ben hard when Victor broke his leg at Arsenal.

Like at Palace, it took Moses time to make his mark in the first team. Now he's starting out-of-position (like he did at Palace) yet starting to make an impact. He was heavily involved in the MOTD highlights Saturday.

He is only going to improve there. If he ends up back in the Championship, he'll tear it apart.

How any Palace fan could not wish a young guy like Victor the best, I don't know.

NathanCPFCD
03-04-2011, 10:31 PM

:eek:

Why would we boo him? Read back on the article in the OP. He was loyal to Palace and happy to stay at Palace. His sale kept our club going until 2010 came in. He ultimately kept our club alive.

Then again, Derry got booed...

rhiannapaul
03-04-2011, 10:59 PM
i'm not slatting Victor just his agent ,hindsight a great thing ,but the selling of him didn't save the club cpfc2010 was going to happen ,i wont be booing him .Watson and him in our midfield would be lovely

Seaside Eagle
03-04-2011, 11:06 PM
i'm not slatting Victor just his agent ,hindsight a great thing ,but the selling of him didn't save the club cpfc2010 was going to happen ,i wont be booing him .Watson and him in our midfield would be lovely

Moses was sold in January. CPFC2010 didn't save the club until June.

Moses being sold DID allow the club to continue to exist.

Brendan Guilfoyle sold Moses because he had run out of money.

webbo1990
03-04-2011, 11:37 PM
If Wigan get relegated I expect VM to move to Liverpool. Watch this space.

Gordon3
04-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Moses will always be welcomed back with a standing ovation from the crowd, a top top player and if it wasn't for Jordan's misfortunes, he could still be at the club.

PauLo
04-04-2011, 08:25 AM
It's inevitable that some morons will boo.

It's also inevitable that, if he does get a round of applause if he ever plays against us, people on here will moan that we should be cheering on our current team and forget about ex-players. The people that will boo him probably.

rhynoeagle
04-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Moses made the wrong decision if there was more interest from any other clubs, would not like to see him playing in this league next season as it would be a shame for one of our best academy players to take a step back.

eagle101
04-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Wigan were the only club to offer £2.5m hard cash up front in one go.

Other clubs were interested, Newcastle for one I believe, but Victor went to the place that suited CPFC the best at the time.

silverymoon
04-04-2011, 08:55 AM
I would love Victor to come back next season. What a great player.

NathanCPFCD
04-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Wigan were the only club to offer £2.5m hard cash up front in one go.

Other clubs were interested, Newcastle for one I believe, but Victor went to the place that suited CPFC the best at the time.

Is the right answer. NW convinced him to sign for the Wigan rather than Newcastle who were offering Palace less money and VM's agent more money. Victor will always be welcome back at Palace and definitely deserves to be playing in the premiership next season.

Having said that (and I know its never ever ever gonna happen but) imagine if we got VM and Watson back.

A starting 11 of:

-------Vaughan------Victor Moses---------
Ambrose---------Danns---------------Zaha
----------------Watson-------------------
Moxey----McCarthy-----Gardner------Clyne
----------------Speroni-------------------
:love: :love: Would surely get us promoted with ease!

Clapham Grand
04-04-2011, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=PauLo]It's inevitable that some morons will boo.

QUOTE]

I seriously hope not. They can follow Al Fayed's advice if they do

Absolution
04-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Moses made the wrong decision if there was more interest from any other clubs, would not like to see him playing in this league next season as it would be a shame for one of our best academy players to take a step back.Two things, Agilo putting us in Admin halved his value which forced the 'club' i.e. the administrators into having to take the most cash upfront.

If Wigan were the only side to offer the money upfront for Moses - the other bids wouldn't have been accepted.

So therefore, Moses didn't make a decision - he went to the only accepted bid on the table for the best of the club.

Dan A
04-04-2011, 03:00 PM

If you are going to post then at least don't post a load of shit.

We had to sell him for money up front and im guessing Wigan offered the most and if you didn't know already we was in administration and needed funds to carry on going which was the reason for his sale.

RDSdaEAGLE
04-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Victor Moses will remain a Premier League player even if Wigan do get relegated.

There have already been suggestions that relegation would be catastrophic for the club; they'll need to sell players and Victor is one that is already attracting a lot of interest.

Big Fella
04-04-2011, 03:42 PM
As I've said on another thread, it wouldnt surprise me if Warnock puts in a decent bid for him in the summer. Top, top player who would grace any team.

Pistol Knight
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
As I've said on another thread, it wouldnt surprise me if Warnock puts in a decent bid for him in the summer. Top, top player who would grace any team.

Will Colin be in charge of the hoops next year?

thought they wanted a proven prem manager

thehalifaxman
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM
If we buy him back to we get a % of the selling on fee

Jason
04-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Two things, Agilo putting us in Admin halved his value which forced the 'club' i.e. the administrators into having to take the most cash upfront.

If Wigan were the only side to offer the money upfront for Moses - the other bids wouldn't have been accepted.

So therefore, Moses didn't make a decision - he went to the only accepted bid on the table for the best of the club.

That's not far from the truth, but there is a little bit more to it than that imho.

We needed to get the best deal for ourselves that we could. That meant that we had to sell VM by the deadline. If Moses decided he didn't want to go to Wigan, he could have refused to go, and only agreed to go to a different club (Newcastle for arguments sake).

Under normal circumstances, a club could then in turn simply tell the player that as he wont go to the highest bidder, he wont be going anywhere. But we didn't have that option. We had to sell that week to keep the club alive until the summer. Under those circumstances, if Moses had refused point blank to sign for Wigan, but agreed to sign for Newcastle who were offering (again for arguments sake) half a million quid less, we'd ultimately have had no choice but to accept Newcastle's offer. The Wigan offer would have become irrelevant as the player wouldn't go there, so we'd have to have accepted the best offer from a club that he would go to.

Given the extent to which the circumstances meant that Moses could have played his hand in a way that got the best deal for himself rather than the club, he imho deserves credit for accepting the deal that offered the club the best return

Absolution
04-04-2011, 04:47 PM
That's not far from the truth, but there is a little bit more to it than that imho.

We needed to get the best deal for ourselves that we could. That meant that we had to sell VM by the deadline. If Moses decided he didn't want to go to Wigan, he could have refused to go, and only agreed to go to a different club (Newcastle for arguments sake).

Under normal circumstances, a club could then in turn simply tell the player that as he wont go to the highest bidder, he wont be going anywhere. But we didn't have that option. We had to sell that week to keep the club alive until the summer. Under those circumstances, if Moses had refused point blank to sign for Wigan, but agreed to sign for Newcastle who were offering (again for arguments sake) half a million quid less, we'd ultimately have had no choice but to accept Newcastle's offer. The Wigan offer would have become irrelevant as the player wouldn't go there, so we'd have to have accepted the best offer from a club that he would go to.

Given the extent to which the circumstances meant that Moses could have played his hand in a way that got the best deal for himself rather than the club, he imho deserves credit for accepting the deal that offered the club the best returnWell put Jason.

Typical Palace
04-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Victor Moses will remain a Premier League player even if Wigan do get relegated.

There have already been suggestions that relegation would be catastrophic for the club; they'll need to sell players and Victor is one that is already attracting a lot of interest.
God only knows how much higher than £2.5M he'll go for.

chatham_eagle
04-04-2011, 06:16 PM
God only knows how much higher than £2.5M he'll go for.

I'm sure we have a sell-on clause (possibly 20% of profit made) and am positive this was confirmed by CPFC2010, but can't seem to find it...

ob13
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
i really enjoyed watching him on match of the day.hes doing well i think it was a good move all round, his career hasnt been held back despite that injury:lux:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
If we buy him back to we get a % of the selling on fee
If only.

We'd actually have to pay it to ourselves. Not sure if we have the cash.

mushroom
04-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Moses made the wrong decision if there was more interest from any other clubs, would not like to see him playing in this league next season as it would be a shame for one of our best academy players to take a step back.
Moses was willing to stay at Palace.

rhiannapaul
04-04-2011, 09:04 PM
If you are going to post then at least don't post a load of shit.

We had to sell him for money up front and im guessing Wigan offered the most and if you didn't know already we was in administration and needed funds to carry on going which was the reason for his sale.

thanks for the insult :hmph: the sale of victor the actual cash were did it go ? it could have been found by other means. 2.5 mil was peanuts ,HOW has going to wigan bettered his career when they are rock bottom ?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-04-2011, 09:16 PM
thanks for the insult :hmph: the sale of victor the actual cash were did it go ? it could have been found by other means. 2.5 mil was peanuts ,HOW has going to wigan bettered his career when they are rock bottom ?
When you're crashing through administration, 2.5 million isn't going to be reinvested into the team, or something nice like that.

It gets swallowed up by all the immediate running costs of the club.

glaziers fan
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
You think he wanted to go?

You think he wanted to move from the 2nd place he'd been able to call home?

The 2nd time he'd been part of a family and moved away?

I've mentioned it before, I met Victor when I was young and did a few times after that. In fact, the last time I met him, I was proud to get a certificate from him and Lee Hills for volunteering in the Study Centre at Selhurst.

If you knew him, you'd know he was a quiet guy who struggled for the first couple of years here. You know the old saying "Football is a global language". That spoke for Moses.

I'm glad he went to Wigan of all the teams in the Premiership. He moved to a 3rd new place of his life. Luckily though, he had a couple of friends up there already in Boyce and Ben Watson. Through a friend of Victor's, i've found out that he and Watson are indeed close and I heard that it hit Ben hard when Victor broke his leg at Arsenal.

Like at Palace, it took Moses time to make his mark in the first team. Now he's starting out-of-position (like he did at Palace) yet starting to make an impact. He was heavily involved in the MOTD highlights Saturday.

He is only going to improve there. If he ends up back in the Championship, he'll tear it apart.

How any Palace fan could not wish a young guy like Victor the best, I don't know.

I'd have Vic Mo and Ben Watson back in a flash if it was possible. (And Fonte.) It's sad to see Vic not fulfilling his potential. He needs to play through the middle to prosper. He doesn't have the pace for out wide. But at least he is getting better on the wing. He's a top top player.

glaziers fan
04-04-2011, 11:38 PM

If we've got a 20% sell on fee that's like a 20% discount. We should use it to bring him home. He'd be perfect off Vaughan.

However much that's unlikely, I hardly feel he has showcased his talents to the full extent. He's so wasted on the wing, and he hardly ever stands out on the MOTD highlights - there are surely lots of other players who the Premiership would want before him.

jobiinthelastmi
05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
If we've got a 20% sell on fee that's like a 20% discount. We should use it to bring him home. He'd be perfect off Vaughan.

However much that's unlikely, I hardly feel he has showcased his talents to the full extent. He's so wasted on the wing, and he hardly ever stands out on the MOTD highlights - there are surely lots of other players who the Premiership would want before him.

We've got no chance of buying him, zero.

He is better than the championship. Wigan are rubbish, shouldn't have gone there, but that's another matter all together.

Beanie
05-04-2011, 03:11 PM
It's nice to have a dig at agents, but this one was down to Guilfoyle - and that's not a dig either. In January 2010 the CPFC2010 consortium didn't exist. The money Guilfoyle got for Moses allowed the time for CPFC2010 to get together. Look how long it took to get the ground sorted any way. We didn't have that time until Moses left.

sydnsteve
06-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I can't think anyone would boo Vic Mo. He stands in sharp, sharp contrast to that little turd Bostock. We will never get him back, but i just hope he goes somewhere that will get the best out of him. He has more ability than anyone I've seen at SP, he needs help in achieving it.
He could do a lot worse than QPR in that respect (I hate to say)

Dog & Bull Bri
15-07-2011, 11:05 AM
i remember reading away a couple of seasons ago when he ripped them apart i warned the reading fans in the pub before the game that he was going to do something in that game!!!

palace nutter
15-07-2011, 11:07 AM
i remember reading away a couple of seasons ago when he ripped them apart i warned the reading fans in the pub before the game that he was going to do something in that game!!!

I remember he got booked for diving and the Readng fans were booing him when he beat 2 defenders and curled it in the top corner for the 4th. What mugs they looked. :lux: :lux:

Shipp Ahoy!
15-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I miss VicMo :(

Would imagine he could really make his breakthrough this year especially if as expected N'Zogbia leaves.

DaveP
15-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I remember he got booked for diving and the Readng fans were booing him when he beat 2 defenders and curled it in the top corner for the 4th. What mugs they looked. :lux: :lux:

Probably one of the most memorable away games in recent years.

Was a truly fantastic night!

orp pisshead1
15-07-2011, 12:04 PM

He did same at hawthorns when we beat the baggies 1-0 a few years ago my baggie supporting uncle said VM reminded him of the brilliant Laurie Cunningham , high praise indeed:p . I think the fact that they couldn't get near him ALL game gave my uncle the memories. RIP LC:(

AJ's right boot
15-07-2011, 12:05 PM

Would imagine he could really make his breakthrough this year especially if as expected N'Zogbia leaves.
I miss him too :sob:

orp pisshead1
15-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Odd hi lights i saw of the prem last season i thought VM was starting to settle and show good form.

Big Fella
15-07-2011, 12:14 PM
In his last 3 months he was simply unplayable and if it wasn't for administration we could have taken a play off spot. The West Brom was Moses at his best - the best team in the league couldn't touch him.

dan27
15-07-2011, 12:20 PM
King V is still something special for me. He was starting to breakthrough at Wigan until Walcott injured him in fear of his England spot being nicked by the better winger. He'll do big things this year, he turned Wigan's season around when he came on at half time 2-0 down to WHam.

gold76
15-07-2011, 12:23 PM
I think he'll kick on this season, a few more starts

Celestial Empire
15-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Be nice to get Wigan at home in a cup.

Dingle
15-07-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm waiting to see how he's priced in this year's fantasy football game as I think he could be a bit of a bargin.

Shipp Ahoy!
15-07-2011, 08:57 PM
In his last 3 months he was simply unplayable and if it wasn't for administration we could have taken a play off spot. The West Brom was Moses at his best - the best team in the league couldn't touch him.

If ******* miss VicMo and I ******* hate those Agilo *****! I also dislike Jordan for putting us in that positon having taken us away from it at one point :confused:

BulletEagle
16-07-2011, 07:56 AM
If ******* miss VicMo and I ******* hate those Agilo *****! I also dislike Jordan for putting us in that positon having taken us away from it at one point :confused:
This.

I still think the move came 6 months too early for VicMo. Would love him back. Will never forget that bicycle kick against Barnsley out of nothing at all in a game that seemed like nothing was going our way after Ambrose's penalty hit the bar.

Stavros 69
16-07-2011, 09:12 AM
My mo fo vic mo is the player I miss the most and wish we hadn't sold. I just hope he fulfils his potential.

EagleinOz
16-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Don't suppose we'd have put a sell on clause in the deal whilst looking for a quick buck during admin? :(

davematt
16-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Has he commited himself Internationally yet?

England or Nigeria; would be great to see him in the Olympics next year...

cockles
16-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Has he commited himself Internationally yet?

England or Nigeria; would be great to see him in the Olympics next year...

He's pretty much chosen Nigeria, but hasn't played a match yet for them as they screwed up the admin with fifa, or rather didn't bribe enough.

RichTea
16-07-2011, 11:48 AM
He is better off playing for Nigeria, probably get first team as this country bum licks Rooney so much. And the FA being like it is.

TopKnot
16-07-2011, 11:52 AM
I hate it when Vic threads get bumped coz for a second I always get the tiniest hope that he might be coming back! :(

cockles
16-07-2011, 11:56 AM
He is better off playing for Nigeria, probably get first team as this country bum licks Rooney so much. And the FA being like it is.

Normally I'd agree, but if there's one country with a more corrupt FA and worse underachievement than England, it's Nigeria.