PDA

View Full Version : Warnock says someone gone on Sky sports

delboy01
03-01-2010, 08:18 PM
A mate of mine says Warnock was interviewed after the draw and said we sold someone today and 2 more to go by tuesday.

Did anyone else see this? Can anyone confirm what was said?

Sad times when we are doing so well.

leicester1
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
All i heard Warnock say was that he'd recived one phone call today regarding a Palace player,he seemed very calm/bubbly and said the players should be paid this week.:p

Kirby
03-01-2010, 08:25 PM
leicester1 is correct.

He said we'd received a call this morning and it would probably become apparent in the next few days who that call was from. I assume it was an offer for Moses.

He also said unless we're taken over in the next few days (there are interested parties) it's likely we'll have to sell 2 or 3 of our assets.

the digger
03-01-2010, 08:32 PM
leicester1 is correct.

He said we'd received a call this morning and it would probably become apparent in the next few days who that call was from. I assume it was an offer for Moses.

He also said unless we're taken over in the next few days (there are interested parties) it's likely we'll have to sell 2 or 3 of our assets.

Maybe we're gonna sell the jumbotron.

BulletEagle
03-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Moses will be sold to some club for £5million, he will then collect his first pay packet of £2000million, and return to buy us.

m_reid
03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
A mate of mine says Warnock was interviewed after the draw and said we sold someone today and 2 more to go by tuesday.

freddie sears?;)

Scoot
03-01-2010, 08:51 PM

lol chinese whispers is a great game :D

peagle
03-01-2010, 08:52 PM
If we get £3mil for Moses I will be delighted. I expect it will be more like 1.5 :(

Spikemeister
03-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Stern John to Ipswich on permament deal ?

sheepy
03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I'd be suprised if anything happens with Moses quickly. Most clubs will at least be prepared to wait until the 14th of Jan. I'm betting the deal involves one of Carle, Flahaven or John with an outside bet of Hills.

Herr Colonpharter
03-01-2010, 09:43 PM

Tell your mate to pay more attention in future!

blazey_cpfc
03-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Incorrect. He didn't say anything of the sort. :)

delboy01
03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I'd be suprised if anything happens with Moses quickly. Most clubs will at least be prepared to wait until the 14th of Jan. I'm betting the deal involves one of Carle, Flahaven or John with an outside bet of Hills.

Hope its not hills left backs are hard to come by and hes one for the future.

ugly and fat
03-01-2010, 10:00 PM

is what im hoping for...

we all know that VM is going,but if we can sell a few "squad players" to lessen the impact of player sales, it may not be that bad?

Stavros 69
03-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Fingers crossed we keep carle.

Louis
03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I agree, but he'll be one of the first out of the door as he has international ambitions with Australia, would command a decent fee, and isn't in the team at the moment.

Stavros 69
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree, but he'll be one of the first out of the door as he has international ambitions with Australia, would command a decent fee, and isn't in the team at the moment.
Crying shame. He's never been given a run and with my mo fo vic mo playing they'd be brill together.

zonin2000
03-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Surely Carle is low down on the list of priorities to keep? Regardless of what we may think of his potential as a Palace player, he is a high earner and we are doing very well without him so far this season.

Woodside_CP
03-01-2010, 10:53 PM

Why? He's done f**k all, wants out and isn't fancied by Warnock. He must be on a highish wage and will get some kind of transfer fee.

No.1. candidate to be shipped out IMO...and we wouldnt miss him at all, as all he does is warm the bench!

Neckinger Eagle
03-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Are we sending Sideburns out on loan to Bromley again?

thehalifaxman
03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Why? He's done f**k all, wants out and isn't fancied by Warnock. He must be on a highish wage and will get some kind of transfer fee.

No.1. candidate to be shipped out IMO...and we wouldnt miss him at all, as all he does is warm the bench!

he's going nowhere. who would want him?

CPFC_DAVE77
03-01-2010, 11:18 PM

We have a core group of players and he isn't one. I think NW is doing a miracle of a job with us, but, IMHO his two biggest mistakes were his comments preceding (and presumably pushing Clinton to leave) and investing in Carle.

It is clearly in the best interests of Carle AND Palace for him to be sold.

Owngoal
03-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Carle really annoys me, a million pi**ed up against the wall and almost certainly on some of the highest wages - goes down as one of our worse buys in recent years

CPFC_DAVE77
03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
he's going nowhere. who would want him?

He will go 100% even if just on loan.

Malakite
03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
I do not understand why everyone on here thinks Moses will go for such a high value?? I'll be delighted with anything over 1 mil especially as we always get the raw end of the deal at Palace

CPFC_DAVE77
03-01-2010, 11:20 PM
I do not understand why everyone on here thinks Moses will go for such a high value?? I'll be delighted with anything over 1 mil especially as we always get the raw end of the deal at Palace

We will get over a mill as he is contracted till 2011.

Whyteleafe_Sage
03-01-2010, 11:48 PM

True, we're easy pickings at the moment, although I'd expect us to get more than £1m - with so many clubs reportedly interested, including the likes of Liverpool, City and possibly Arsenal, we should get £3m at least surely?

disco mixx kidd
04-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Nw on itv now, said chairman trying to bring in funds and hed love to have a go with moses until end of season, he didnt deny barca interest and admited he'd have to sell 1 or 2 if no money comes in

Sick Bucket
04-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Shouldn“t read too much into it, Warnocks a wise old fox, not likely to give much away but I thought it was encouraging, “like to keep him until the summer and have a go`, by which presumably means the PO“s didn“t sound like a man thinking about leaving or about to go into admin. to me

Louis
04-01-2010, 02:07 AM
No we don't (AJ/Morrison for example)

liberal clubber
04-01-2010, 01:04 PM
aj was a marvellous deal, only overshadowed by bents move to spurs which was of course the deal of the century £16 mill?

Seba
04-01-2010, 01:12 PM

All in exchange for Nugent?

Riccardo
04-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Surely Carle is low down on the list of priorities to keep? Regardless of what we may think of his potential as a Palace player, he is a high earner and we are doing very well without him so far this season.

Stav just likes his hair.

Son of Ron
04-01-2010, 01:22 PM
aj was a marvellous deal, only overshadowed by bents move to spurs which was of course the deal of the century £16 mill?

It was a great deal - but to be fair he's done better since leaving the Clowns than AJ has since leaving us and is probably putting himself into World Cup contention.

I would compare Moses value to that Delph kid who was at Leeds and is now warming the bench for Villa - wasn't he £5m ? Even in our distressed state you'd hope we'd be able to hold out for £3m for Moses.

Oh and I agree we should get shot of Carle if possible. Nothing against him but he adds nothing to the equation that isn't already offered by our other midfielders.

917L
04-01-2010, 01:23 PM

I think getting 3mil for Fitz Hall rivals that deal!

Riccardo
04-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Are we sending Sideburns out on loan to Bromley again?

I choked on my Roast Beef sandwich over that one.

Scoot
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
presumably pushing Clinton to leave) .
:S: :S:

and investing in Carle.

It is clearly in the best interests of Carle AND Palace for him to be sold.

If we actually played football using te midfield, you would see what a class player Carle is.

LeeSinnots ears
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Fingers crossed we keep carle.Fingers crosed that he goes ASAP
he is not in the side only has one foot and is paid a fortune for warming the bench:hi:

adrenalin john
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
he is not in the side only has one foot and is paid a fortune for warming the bench:hi:

kin of hop ?

CPFC_DAVE77
04-01-2010, 05:29 PM

If we actually played football using te midfield, you would see what a class player Carle is.

So Ambrose and Danns are both cloggers and hoofball merchants are they? He had over 20 appearances last season and did very little of any great note. Oh and if he is as brilliant as many believe why aint a host of clubs offering to take him out of the wilderness on a loan basis?

Owngoal
04-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Anyone would think Carle hadn't been given a go, he has, thats why he can't get in the team. All of our midfield have had some off games lately and we even played Ambrose ahead of Carle when he'd been honking up all night. At least Clinton contributed something to Palace Scoot - missing him has some sense for those who pine for the shouldered one.

CPFC_DAVE77
04-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Anyone would think Carle hadn't been given a go, he has, thats why he can't get in the team. All of our midfield have had some off games lately and we even played Ambrose ahead of Carle when he'd been honking up all night. At least Clinton contributed something to Palace Scoot - missing him has some sense for those who pine for the shouldered one.

I don't pine for him I simply feel at times we could have used him up front, if for nothing else than his predatory instinct and his get up and go. I don't personally view Clinton as any particular footballing God like some do, just think we have created some chances that a natural finisher would finish in their sleep.

Agree with Carle.

Santos-er
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Odd source, but talking to a scum fan today who knows several of their players says Fonte is the player Warnock was referring to. Why Brighton players would have any info on a Palace player being transferred I don't know - it just seemed a strange one to come out with.

CPFC_DAVE77
04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Fonte was sold, he is a player with a value.

Typical Palace
04-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Why on earth would you want that?

Typical Palace
04-01-2010, 10:28 PM
SJ would perform miracles to get a decent fee for Carle. Free transfer player.

Stavros 69
04-01-2010, 10:51 PM

Agreed would love to see

ambrose- Derry- danns
carle- lee- Moses

as a front 6.

I will never forget him utterly destorying us in the play offs. Made sinclair look pony.

CPFC_DAVE77
04-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Agreed would love to see

ambrose- Derry- danns
carle- lee- Moses

as a front 6.

I will never forget him utterly destorying us in the play offs. Made sinclair look pony.

But he's not a wing forward he's an attacking midfielder.

Stavros 69
04-01-2010, 11:02 PM
But he's not a wing forward he's an attacking midfielder.
I would allow ambrose Moses and carle to interchange and overlap. Aiiittt