PDA

View Full Version : Fonte Joins Southampton (undisclosed fee)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

The Stig
08-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi, Saints fan here.

Not sure what to make of this Fonte fella... sources say he is at Southampton having a medical today, some say he is not, some say he will sign today, some say he won't.

I can't see wages being an issue for Fonte as our new owner seems to be quite keen to get the cheque book open this season, when Liebherr came in to Southampton he was going to be a 'silent owner' but has since turned up to every game so is looking like he is going to be more hand-on ala Abramovich.

There are sources that say his is a done deal and one of his 'friends' in the Championship is set to sign as well... his friend being one of the 'stars' of the Championship and one that was tipped to move to the PL... anyone have any ideas who he is?

The Neil Danns rumour is still there as well and we could well be offering for both of them.

Anyway, not good to see you lot in trouble... the grass is greener on the other side, I promise you!

Danns too? Please Jordan, piss off now :sob:

red and blue stripes
08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Do you really think the player sales will stop if we go into administration, I would suggest it would be the tip of the iceberg, and by the end of it Mat Lawrence would be one of the better players

Swiss Tony
08-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Danns too? Please Jordan, piss off now :sob:

Danns is just a rumour at the moment. I would be surprised, we might be the 4th wealthiest club in England, but the league doesn't lie and not sure why a player of Danns quality would want to drop to League 1.

Having said that, footballers are fickle and I guess if enough cash is put on the table....

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Do you really think the player sales will stop if we go into administration, I would suggest it would be the tip of the iceberg, and by the end of it Mat Lawrence would be one of the better players

Tht will depend on how quickly, an under what terms, we come out.
If we are in for a while, I don't doubt that what you say is true.
How does your point make having Jordan in charge now any more acceptable?

Swiss Tony
08-01-2010, 02:59 PM

We lost a couple of players when we went into administration, mainly due to the fact our administration was dragged out due to timewasters. If you go into admin, being a London club I can't see you staying on the market for long.

If I was a Palace fan I would want to go into admin before March so you take the 10 point penalty this season, make sure you finish 10 points above the relegation zone and start afresh with new owners next season.

Administratuion is not the end of the world.

CPFC_DAVE77
08-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Concise and to the point :)

I was worried I may have gone over the top, don't wanna offend anyone :confused:

eagle101
08-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Don't go, José :(

Aaroncpfc
08-01-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd rather see us go in to adminstration now and lose ten points than lose a potential 20 points in the seconds half of the season with the likes of Jose Fonte leaving us.

ugly and fat
it is claimed on "another site" that Fonte has had his medical at the saints.....

sydnsteve
He can't have gone yet, as the clubs would announce it. I would imagine that the lackm of paying the players is tied to selling Jose. Though if true, SJ must be facing some serious interest repayments somewhere it seems to me.

red and blue stripes
08-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Tht will depend on how quickly, an under what terms, we come out.
If we are in for a while, I don't doubt that what you say is true.
How does your point make having Jordan in charge now any more acceptable?

For Good Bad or indifferent Jordan is going to play his hand till the end, if he was going to walk away he would have done it by now, we are in the end game and there will be no winners, I don't know (no does anyone) know the extent of the creditor chain, but just bear in mind who will appoint the administartor.

Matt_Hep
08-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I'd rather see us go in to adminstration now and lose ten points than lose a potential 20 points in the seconds half of the season with the likes of Jose Fonte leaving us.

Exactly, we'll take years to recovery from losing several key players...will be massive long term.

917L
08-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Where do you get 20 points from?

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes, R & B, it's all bad - but it is not going to get any better under Jordan. At least we may be able to take the points hit now and avoid relegation. We need to get out of this car crash of a situation as fast as possible, and administration would appear to be the only way of doing so.

red and blue stripes
08-01-2010, 03:22 PM
having been on the end of 3 adimistration in the last year, I think people forget it's not only the Tax man & Banks who take the hits. Administration is not going to be easy for Jordan to accept (and rightly so, it shouldn't be taken lightly) but I see little point in attaching my hopes to people who only want to pick us up from the rubbish bin following administration.
If they have money then make an offer.

AJ
08-01-2010, 03:24 PM

I am with you here. Admin doesn't = FREE ??? Admin will cost money and that money has to be raised. IF Palace are lucky with admin, SJ will put the money up to cover it, just as Goldberg did, but, if he is forced out and/or broke the only way to fund administration is to sell.
The second point of administration would be to reach an agreement with the creditors and in the same way make the club attractive to new owners. It may take selling of assets to reduce the debt in order to make it purchasable.

I just think some people are of the opinion that administration is a way to wipe out debts and restart again. I am not sure about the UK, but, to wipe out debts and not repay them here is Chapter 7 bankruptcy, although, for businesses that requires liquidation of assets to pay creditors.

Voldo
08-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Saints friend of mine says sources claim Jose is at their training ground....

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Sorry but this is a joke. Fonte is way too good for league 1 and southampton will be there for another season at least i reckon. Fonte please turn them down if its true. The only reason he would go there was if he was forced out which i think would be true. SHAME will be very disappointed and annoyed it has come to this.

:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :grrr: :grrr:

macstar
08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
WHY THE HELL IS HE GOING THERE!!!

he could do a job at a place like burnley or bolton!

Dave
08-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Loving the massive overreactions guys, good work

Glad none of you supported the club when we gave away watson and soares

Panther
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I doubt Wigan and Stoke think they were giveaways.

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Loving the massive overreactions guys, good work

Glad none of you supported the club when we gave away watson and soares

:sob:

917L
08-01-2010, 03:54 PM
So

Has he gone, or not?

stevek
08-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Exactly, we'll take years to recovery from losing several key players...will be massive long term.

I don't know - give it a year after administration and we might be able to buy players like Jose even if we're in League One. I mean, Southampton have after all...

Dave
08-01-2010, 03:58 PM
So

Has he gone, or not? We don't *think* so

dogfish
08-01-2010, 04:04 PM
done deal just heard from a good source

pumaspalace
08-01-2010, 04:05 PM

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 04:07 PM
We don't *think* so

You don't know what you're talking about, do you?:o

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 04:15 PM
COMPLETE AND UTTER BOLLOCKS. WHO WE GONNA PLAY AT CB TOMORROW. WHY DID HE GO THERE? LEAGUE 1 FFS

dogfish
08-01-2010, 04:18 PM
COMPLETE AND UTTER BOLLOCKS. WHO WE GONNA PLAY AT CB TOMORROW. WHY DID HE GO THERE? LEAGUE 1 FFS
wait and see bloke hes not happy about it either

sw16girl
08-01-2010, 04:21 PM
For Good Bad or indifferent Jordan is going to play his hand till the end, if he was going to walk away he would have done it by now, we are in the end game and there will be no winners, I don't know (no does anyone) know the extent of the creditor chain, but just bear in mind who will appoint the administartor.

Almost certainly Agilo as an administrative receiver.

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 04:21 PM
If Lawrence makes an appearance, there may be a few unhappy punters.....

AJ
08-01-2010, 04:23 PM

Where have you been? It has nothing to do with Fonte or League 1, it has to do with money that could a) pay of the tax man or b) pay Decembers wages.

wedgetail
08-01-2010, 04:24 PM
He could be quite useful shovelling snow and selling burgers, can't think what else.

AJ
08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
If Lawrence makes an appearance, there may be a few unhappy punters.....

I reckon' Hill will be at center back with Davis and Hills at LB. Butterfield is back so he would probably be ahead of ML, as would Etl. Or just stick Alan Lee there...at least he is tall :D

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Still im very angry

AJ
08-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Still im very angry

I understand that! No much we can do about it though:(

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 04:28 PM
wait and see bloke hes not happy about it either

confused :rolleyes:

dannyboy1807
08-01-2010, 04:29 PM
It's Jose I feel sorry for the most being made to leave the club when he doesn't want to go.

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes defo. We will miss him sorely, just pisses me off that southampton was the club, as they are shit and in league 1 ha ha

bigend1
08-01-2010, 04:33 PM
problem for me is, if this is true then we are forcing our best players to leave as we need the money. suggests no rescue buy out coming to me. any potential buyer on the cusp would surely not want the squad being ripped apart just before they get it. No fonte for us tomorrow and i think we can except moses, speroni, clyne, danns etc... gone. this is the first time i have really thought this was gonna happen as usually a glass half full kinda guy. :(

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Yep shows that this club maybe going into administration, lose half of our players for cheap then lose rest at end of season. Im really worried if we will still be around this time next year

Woosie
08-01-2010, 04:38 PM
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=664&headline=Jose

JOSE Fonte's transfer to Southampton is back on - with the Crystal Palace defender understood to be on the verge of completing a move to the League One side

I'm wanting to see the positive side of this, i.e possibly a chance for an academy defender, but i can't. Shame as Fonte is a good player, but if he is going for around a million then it is a decent deal.

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 04:40 PM
SHIT

rossi71987
imagine they bid for danns too and get him now that would be madness

Cleon
It's very upseting to lose one of our first team to a League One club, however rich they are. Palace **could** still get promoted ot the Premiership this season. Southampton are at least two seasons away, and realistically more besides. Reminds me of when Hriderssen (can't spell, won't spell) left for Brentford.

Still, if it's £1.5M in cash then I can't see we had ANY OTHER OPTION than to sell.

thehalifaxman
08-01-2010, 04:45 PM
We wouldn't get half that amount if we were in administration. Started off at £1.5m, now I'm reading £1.2m. Whats the actual value?

Big Blue Eagle
08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
imagine they bid for danns too and get him now that would be madness

Read the BBS's lips.............WE HAVE NO MONEY - WE NEED TO SELL TO SURVIVE

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
If it doesn't get confirmed today then who knows. Wish we will see him tomorrow to quash the rumours ha ha

Sandowneagle
08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
problem for me is, if this is true then we are forcing our best players to leave as we need the money. suggests no rescue buy out coming to me. any potential buyer on the cusp would surely not want the squad being ripped apart just before they get it. No fonte for us tomorrow and i think we can except moses, speroni, clyne, danns etc... gone. this is the first time i have really thought this was gonna happen as usually a glass half full kinda guy. :(

Welcome, there are a few of us in the 'slow death club'.

jordanismygod
08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Will be a shame if he goes, but alot of people on here seem to be throwing their toys out of their prams. We knew players would be sold.

thehalifaxman
08-01-2010, 04:50 PM

Lawrence will be our Dean Austin of this administration. Shite player that digs deep in our time of need after having been booed by the fans

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Read the BBS's lips.............WE HAVE NO MONEY - WE NEED TO SELL TO SURVIVE

I don't think selling the entire playing staff will make much difference to our survival under the current regime.

Paxton
08-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Almost certainly Agilo as an administrative receiver.
Is the security that old? I thought it was more recent.

Lom
08-01-2010, 05:14 PM
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=664&headline=Jose

I'm wanting to see the positive side of this, i.e possibly a chance for an academy defender, but i can't. Shame as Fonte is a good player, but if he is going for around a million then it is a decent deal.

It wouldn't be the first time that the press have got hold of panicked speculation off of the BBS and sent it out into the ether as a story which has then panicked us even more!

I'm not saying it isn't a done deal as I don't have any insider knowledge, but our musings are read by many........

OWTS
08-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Southampton supporter here.

How reliable is your local newspaper?

Not really sure what to make of this news that he could be coming to Southampton as I don't know much about him, it's a big fee aswell.

Some of the comments about him have been pretty positive though. I know how you Palace fans will feel if he does leave, it's not nice being forced to sell someone who is a fan favourite.

Some people on this forum seem very scared of admin, which is understandable. But sometimes you will come out much stronger then you think. It could sometimes be a good thing for the club, being a london club aswell it could be even better for your fans!

Good luck with your money struggles, I'm sure something will come up soon.

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Makes me want to cry :sob:

Sophie_9
08-01-2010, 05:26 PM

And me:sob:

OWTS
08-01-2010, 05:26 PM
How reliable is your local newspaper?

Lom
08-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Did you use up all of your optimism on the other thread?

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Did you use up all of your optimism on the other thread?

I've still got plenty of it left, but I feel it in my bones that Jose has been sacrificed :sob:

Lom
08-01-2010, 05:30 PM
I've still got plenty of it left, but I feel it in my bones that Jose has been sacrificed :sob:

If it is true and he has gone, he most probably won't be the last..... Your optimism has never been needed more!!

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
If it is true and he has gone, he most probably won't be the last..... Your optimism has never been needed more!!

Don't say that.

I don't want to hear that.

:sob: :sob:

SpikeyMatt
08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Nice bloke is Jose. He'll be a loss on the pitch, but at the prices being quoted it's a fab deal, even if the money is thrown into the abyss which will hopefully make the black hole a little smaller.

Gah :(

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Spoke to mymate who knows jose, and he said that fonte came to see himto say goodbye. He doesn't want to go but has been forced to go which is a shame. At keast palace will be in his heart

GDP
08-01-2010, 05:43 PM
And me:sob:

And me :sob:

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 05:47 PM
It always makes me sad when players go, but it makes me even more sad when they don't get a chance to say goodbye to the fans and when they don't really want to go.

It's too sad for words :sob:

hilairehair
08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
It always makes me sad when players go, but it makes me even more sad when they don't get a chance to say goodbye to the fans and when they don't really want to go.

It's too sad for words :sob:

http://sephylavianto.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/crying_is_okay_here1.jpg

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 05:54 PM
:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

cdm61
08-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Why would an optimist (an optimist being someone who believes Jordan can still save the club) cry - this is what optimism will bring - fire sales of our best players - then administration and relegation

Swiss Tony
08-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Sources in Southampton are suggesting Fonte has passed a medical and agreed terms. Also Danns is due in Southampton over the weekend for a medical after a fee being agreed.

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Why would an optimist (an optimist being someone who believes Jordan can still save the club) cry - this is what optimism will bring - fire sales of our best players - then administration and relegation

Although I am optimistic about Palace being saved, by whatever means, it doesn't stop me being sad when players leave.

sw16girl
08-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Is the security that old? I thought it was more recent.

I believe it is a fixed charge and so an administrative receiver can be appointed rather than a floating charge where it would not be possible as it postdates 2003 - eg Mr Jordan's shares are specifically charged to Agilo.

jordanismygod
08-01-2010, 06:07 PM
And so it begins

David
08-01-2010, 06:08 PM
People on here have to ask themselves this question.

If we didn't have financial problems, didn't need to sell and were only a few points off the play-offs, how many of you would still sell your best defender for £1.2m?

I'd like to think most of you would turn it down flat.

917L
08-01-2010, 06:09 PM
People on here have to ask themselves this question.

If we didn't have financial problems, didn't need to sell and were only a few points off the play-offs, how many of you would still sell your best defender for £1.2m?

I'd like to think most of you would turn it down flat.

But we do have financial problems, so its an irrelevant question

Maybe we could have sold Speroni/Mose/Ambrose and kept Fonte?

Or maybe we have to sell as quickly as possible anyone we had a reasonable bid for

SpikeyMatt
08-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Sources in Southampton are suggesting Fonte has passed a medical and agreed terms. Also Danns is due in Southampton over the weekend for a medical after a fee being agreed.

Shite - losing Danns would be terrible :(

chatham_eagle
08-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Bad times indeed :(

Swiss Tony
08-01-2010, 06:16 PM
I would imagine the reason Jordan told him to join Saints is that we offered the money in cash... Straight up front, which very few teams have the funds to do as most transfers nowadays are paid in instalments.

Jim Cannons Moustache
08-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I would imagine the reason Jordan told him to join Saints is that we offered the money in cash... Straight up front, which very few teams have the funds to do as most transfers nowadays are paid in instalments.

almost certainly, yes/

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 06:19 PM
OMG NOW DANNS WHOS NEXT OBVS MOSES CLYNE AMBROSE

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 06:22 PM
We knew some players would go, let's just hope we are not completely decimated this window. £1.2m is not bad money for a player that is decent at this level, but ultimately his loss will have minimal long term impact.

It does seem we have taken the first reasonable firm offer we have received. I would suggest everyone is for sale and the offer for Fonte came first. If the Danns piece is true, I would expect him to go too. There are not too many clubs, that would be interested in our players (perhaps Moses excluded) and be capable of paying up front.

Let's not over-react. Clearly it is not great news, but it was always going to happen and we are not yet anywhere near the selection of players we were fielding in administration.

We can only hope the sale of one or two more will be enough for the window and then we are left with enough to take a 10 point deduction and still stay up if that happens or to buy enough time for Jordan to sort something out elsewhere.

For those still in fantasy land - promotion is not going to happen and to chase it by not selling when we need to would be suicidal for jordan and after all that is how we got in this mess!

Dingle
08-01-2010, 06:23 PM
To loose Fonte is bad enough bad Danns too :sob: Bad times ahead indeed.

917L
Whilst he may be going and is (alegedley) not neccessarily that happy about it...

If he didnt want to leave he didint have to

rossi71987
We will sell these players to pay off debts and then in summer back in debt and have to sell rest of squad it will never end

Jason
08-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Under the circumstances, this is good news. Not because I want him to go (I don't), or because I don't rate him (I do), but because in the position we are in, this represents an improvement in our position.

The reality is we have to sell players. We know this. There's no way of avoiding it. Given this, If we've sold Fonte for £1.2m cash then it is a result. £1.2m wouldn't be a bad deal even if we wern't desperate to offload players. Given that we are, and other threads have talked about losing Danns and Ambrose for not much more than £1.2m BETWEEN THEM, then getting £1.2m for Fonte is good news.

Thanks Jose for your contribution to our club, both in terms of your excellent playing while you were here, and the help that the fee raised by your departure will give to our battle to survive

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 06:30 PM
We will sell these players to pay off debts and then in summer back in debt and have to sell rest of squad it will never end

Jordan must still believe there is a way out otherwise he would put the club into administration now as Noades is calling for (no doubt for his own interests).

drizzt
08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Sad to see him go but think £1.2 - 1.5m is a great price in the current market, let alone the state we find ourselves in at the moment, i also suspect Fonte is one of our higher earners so makes sense on that front too.

What price are we rumoured to get for Danns?

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Why not sell Carle rather than Danns? Tha's what I don't understand.

Carle obviously isn't a favoured player, and Danns has been playing really well.

David
08-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Danns is one of our most important players. Lose him and we lose a massive part of our team.

Jason
08-01-2010, 06:34 PM

Carle obviously isn't a favoured player, and Danns has been playing really well.

Presumably because we have been offered money for Danns, but not Carle ?

David Amsalem
08-01-2010, 06:37 PM
This is an absolute disaster.

With the benefit of hindsight, I thought January would be awful because we would lose Moses and at a push Clyne.

But to lose the likes of Fonte, Danns and our other senior pros is nothing short of a disaster.

If Fonte and Danns go the season is over.

...and South-f*cking-hampton? I can't believe that another Championship team isn't hijacking this deal at the last minute knowing that both players are available at this price.

Sigh.

917L
08-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Beascuse no one has made a (decent) bid for him

kolinkins
08-01-2010, 06:39 PM
This is an absolute disaster.

With the benefit of hindsight, I thought January would be awful because we would lose Moses and at a push Clyne.

But to lose the likes of Fonte, Danns and our other senior pros is nothing short of a disaster.

If Fonte and Danns go the season is over.

...and South-f*cking-hampton? I can't believe that another Championship team isn't hijacking this deal at the last minute knowing that both players are available at this price.

Sigh.

I assume, unlike most CCC clubs, Southampton can pay a large chunk up front

David Amsalem
08-01-2010, 06:39 PM
http://twitter.com/dannzy1

Might be worth keeping an eye on.

David Amsalem
08-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I assume, unlike most CCC clubs, Southampton can pay a large chunk up front

Yeah, you're probably right.

elgin eagle
08-01-2010, 06:40 PM

I suppose it all comes down to who we get reasonable bids for. Maybe SJ will be more willing to accept a lower offer if he can sell a couple in January for straight cash. Its all speculation as always of course.

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 06:42 PM

Why sell Hudson and not Lawrence?

vivideagle
08-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Carles been available all season,but we've had no takers,i wonder why ?:rolleyes:
He's probably one of our top earners,and he won't move for less wages.
Lets get real people,these are desparate times,any offers for players will be accepted,if we can get rid of the top earners at the same time,it must help for the next wages payment.( whenever that is !!)
The rollercoaster ride that is Crystal Palace

Barbara4003
Ok - I obviously didn't give that question enough thought.

Palace Rebel
Boycott games until Jordan leaves

Big Blue Eagle
We didn't sell Hudson - he left on a free after rejecting a contract

Big Blue Eagle
08-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Spot on mate - make the financial situation worse and have to sell more players..........plonker

Aunty Alyce
08-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Why sell Hudson and not Lawrence?

Hudson left at the end of his contact

Shipp Ahoy!
08-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Ouch the core of the team being ripped out by a team in the division below us :(

Wonder how much we will get for Danns should be £1million + given his importance to the team, sadly suspect we are looking at more like £600k.

Think this will be a MASSIVE blow for us, everytime I have seen us play lately Danns has been key, I have said this to people before that when Danns plays we play :(

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Hudson left at the end of his contact

fair point, you know what i meant...

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 06:47 PM

Why?

Dave
08-01-2010, 06:48 PM

who would have him?

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 06:50 PM
who would have him?

Nobody, obviously.

Shame. He looked quite a good player when he was at Bristol City.

Still, he may become our saviour.

Cuddles
08-01-2010, 06:51 PM
It's always what might have been with us isn't it? :(

Feeling very despondent tonight.

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 06:51 PM
It's always what might have been with us isn't it? :(

Feeling very despondent tonight.

Me too, even though I'm an optimist :(

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Well now the game is off we can't say goodbye to danns hope you enjoyed your time with palace we will miss you AND fonte

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Part of me is despondent and part of me is relishing the backs to the wall fight this is likely to be. I won't let football ruin my life, so these type of things need to be enjoyed for what they are.

Football is a form of entertainment at the end of the day and does not actually impact me other than through my choice to have an emotional attachment to Palace. It is worth keeping things in perspective.

cpfcfan1
08-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Gutted, what a load of shite :(

james powell
08-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Well now the game is off
???

David Amsalem
08-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Part of me is despondent and part of me is relishing the backs to the wall fight this is likely to be. I won't let football ruin my life, so these type of things need to be enjoyed for what they are.

But I thought you were boycotting the matches?

Cuddles
08-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Anyone done the Euromillions tonight? S'pose we have a mega BBS syndicate. One of us might get lucky :rolleyes:

Palace Kebab

i think you have me confused with someone else?

Stellavista
Part of me is despondent and part of me is relishing the backs to the wall fight this is likely to be.....

That's the spirit.

http://revearl.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/daniel-in-the-lions-den-zoom.jpg

My money's on the lions.....

David Amsalem
08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
i think you have me confused with someone else?

Yes I am.

Very sorry mate.

cpfcfan1
Is it true that Southampton are also keen on Danns?

jordanismygod

Grow up

Barbara4003

Football is a form of entertainment at the end of the day and does not actually impact me other than through my choice to have an emotional attachment to Palace. It is worth keeping things in perspective.

That's a very good point.

I still can't help feeling very sad about it all though. I feel really sorry for SJ and for the players that are having to leave, and I can't detach myself from that. I want to, but I can't :(

I'm far too wussy for all this.

It took me weeks to get over Tom Soares leaving, and Dougie :sob:

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Yep rumours flying around they agreed a fee and he is going there on the weekend for a medical monday will be a day i will hate. The day they reveal fonte and danns as new players for ******* league one average side

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes I am.

Very sorry mate.

no worries :p

917L
08-01-2010, 07:04 PM
So how much are we getting for Danns then?

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 07:05 PM
I think if we lose key players warnock may leave too as whats the point in managing a side with no players and more than likely relegation. Im very worried now and in a bad mood

Big Blue Eagle
08-01-2010, 07:10 PM

That is Palace Rebel - well known ..............errr, lets leave it there

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 07:11 PM
We lose Moses and Speroni as well, and that's the spine of the team gone.
And I bet our financial postion will be little improved, beyond keeping the wolf from the door for a few more weeks.

GodstoneEagle
08-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Part of me is despondent and part of me is relishing the backs to the wall fight this is likely to be. spot on. same here.

Nelson Muntz
08-01-2010, 07:15 PM

We can't give Carle away.

Woosie
08-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Southampton must be short of defenders, because Chris Coleman has said they want to buy Elliot Ward from Coventry.

cpfcfan1
08-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Poster on the HOL claims they have agreed a fee for Danns too and he will also be off

Woosie
08-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Poster on the HOL claims they have agreed a fee for Danns too and he will also be off

They haven't backed that claim up with anything yet though.

TheMexicanHorse
08-01-2010, 07:20 PM

This chap is a member of the Holmesdale Fantatics who were calling for Warnock's head after the Scunthorpe game claiming Warnock "had lost the dressing room".

This tells you all you need to know about this fella.

Hi Tudor.

:hi:

King William
08-01-2010, 07:21 PM

im heading down the the pub tongiht down here in sunny southampton that neil danns family run... I'll see what i can find out

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 07:22 PM
If Danns is to go as well, what would you

a) think we will get for him
b) be happy to get for him

I'd go for £600K and £1.5m

Big Blue Eagle
08-01-2010, 07:23 PM
This chap is a member of the Holmesdale Fantatics who were calling for Warnock's head after the Scunthorpe game claiming Warnock "had lost the dressing room".

This tells you all you need to know about this fella.

Hi Tudor.

:hi:

That explains it all then - it doesn't matter if he boycotts games as he doesn't watch them - he either watches the oppo fans or his mates bouncing up and down...........:hi:

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Well that will influence his decision to go if his fam run a pub down there

eagle101
08-01-2010, 07:24 PM
im heading down the the pub tongiht down here in sunny southampton that neil danns family run... I'll see what i can find out

What pub is that?

cpfcfan1

Palace Kebab
I just went on to wikipedia to see what we paid for Danns out of interest and someone has already added this comment at the bottom of the page

''Danns is on the verge of signing a three year contract with Southampton. The fee is believed to be in the region of £950,000. This has yet to be confirmed.''

No idea if it is true, but it is not a disgraceful fee if true. Obviously would prefer more!

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 07:28 PM
He is worth twice that he is our best player bar speroni. This just gets worse and worse

King William
08-01-2010, 07:29 PM
What pub is that?

the Gordon arms. family member runs it.

King William
08-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Bulleshitter Inn

who?

cpfcfan1
08-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Surely we have not accepted that for Danns, :(

pauldrulez
08-01-2010, 07:32 PM
He is worth twice that he is our best player bar speroni. This just gets worse and worse
Who?

Danns or Fonte?

Neither are our 2nd best player.

Big Blue Eagle
08-01-2010, 07:32 PM

Sorry but what are you on? Danns is better than Moses, Ambrose, Clyne? And worth £2m?

Sorry, but even if Wrong-ipaedia is right, close to £1m is good money for a player with a poor fitness record who we paid around 600k for.

Jordan's Jacket
08-01-2010, 07:35 PM
why in God's name would players of the quality of Fonte and Danns want to go to Southampton?

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 07:35 PM
We can't give Carle away.

:(

Still, looking at the positives, he could do a Kuqi and become a Messiah.

forsells no1 fan
08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I know im clutching at straws and I'm sure Fonte will be gone before our next game but sky sports are recently reporting Saints to be keen on Elliot Ward who himself is a centre half at Cov!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5844046,00.html

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 07:37 PM
why in God's name would players of the quality of Fonte and Danns want to go to Southampton?

Two possible reasons:

a) rats leaving the sinking ship (although I don't believe that about Fonte having read some of the comments on here)

b) sacrficing themselves to help Palace out

Syph1979
08-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I know things are tight, but turning a profit on both players is good business. If things carry on like this, perhaps Neil will be given some spending money for recruits? We may not recognise the team in the next few weeks, but hopefully there will still be one to follow.

Voldo
08-01-2010, 07:41 PM

They don't...

David
08-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I know things are tight, but turning a profit on both players is good business. If things carry on like this, perhaps Neil will be given some spending money for recruits? We may not recognise the team in the next few weeks, but hopefully there will still be one to follow.

We will not spend any money.

It's not good business, it is business which has been brought about through desperation.

forsells no1 fan
08-01-2010, 07:44 PM

I'f they are told to go and talk.....for the interests of the club....and they go and see st marys and listen to what im sure is an ambitious board and given our current finiancial plight....sadly its a no brainer!

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Ok they are one league lower, but would playing at Southampton be that bad?

They are a bigger club than us (cue hysteria), can pay on time and i wouldn't be surprised if they are paying more as well. As a footballer you can get injured at any time. To have definite good income for another 3 years is not to be sniffed at.

If you leave knowing you have helped out your old club in difficult times (they are now doubt encouraging them to accept the terms etc) it is not that bad a move.

Syph1979
08-01-2010, 07:47 PM
We will not spend any money.

It's not good business, it is business which has been brought about through desperation.

I don't think we'll spend, but I hope we can.

If Fonte and Jose go for the amounts suggested, it is good business, because it's a profit. NW has brought players in and made money for the club, he could do it again.

Now back to my daydream.

King William
08-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I know im clutching at straws and I'm sure Fonte will be gone before our next game but sky sports are recently reporting Saints to be keen on Elliot Ward who himself is a centre half at Cov!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5844046,00.html

theyve talken that story from the daily echo down here. not that that proves it correct or incorrect

Jordan's Jacket
08-01-2010, 07:53 PM
maybe so but there is certainly no guarantee that the Saints will get promoted any time soon (particularly with Pards at the helm!)and I can't imagine that plying your trade in League 1 is particularly fulfilling.

elgin eagle
08-01-2010, 07:57 PM
quite ironic given the financial shape they were in this time last year.

Palace Kebab
08-01-2010, 08:12 PM
quite ironic given the financial shape they were in this time last year.

and therein lies some hope?

skintsaint
08-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Saints fan here looking for more info on these guys, Im guessing by reading the 14 pages that they will be able to do a good job for our playoff push? I know its shite to have to sell to survive the admin door and hope you get yourselfs out of it very soon.

Niel Smillie
08-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Just shows you how quick things can turn around, 6 months ago Saints were having to sell their best players.

kolinkins
08-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Saints fan here looking for more info on these guys, Im guessing by reading the 14 pages that they will be able to do a good job for our playoff push? I know its shite to have to sell to survive the admin door and hope you get yourselfs out of it very soon.

They are a class above League 1

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 08:20 PM

Thanks.

Our loss is your gain.

Abjekt
08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Farrrrrrrrrrrrking hell. This isn't pleasant is it :(

Sambuccy
08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
If Fonte and Jose go for the amounts suggested, it is good business, because it's a profit.

I agree that he's an excellent player, but I don't think we will get away with selling him twice.

eagle101
08-01-2010, 08:26 PM
the Gordon arms. family member runs it.

In Portswood?

Nelson Muntz
08-01-2010, 08:26 PM
They're top players mate. You'll love them both.
Fonte is a classy centre back. Great touch, calm and assured.
Danns is a hard working, energenic, player. He'll give you 100% and it will be a good 100% as well.

Me? I'm ******* gutted.

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 08:27 PM
They're top players mate. You'll love them both.
Fonte is a classy centre back. Great touch, calm and assured.
Danns is a hard working, energenic, player. He'll give you 100% and it will be a good 100% as well.

Me? I'm ******* gutted.

Ah - edited.

I was about to ask what a 1005 was :D

TheMexicanHorse
08-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Danns could cut it in the Premiership, he is better than league one.

:(

Cleon
08-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Danns going would be more of a blow than Fonte, but, to the Saints fans reading this you should be reassured that you are getting two of our best players... both players who I believe would have a chance of cutting it in the Premiership (which is not my view of most of the rest of the team).

Basingstoke Eagle
08-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I can live with losing Fonte,had an outstanding season so far & knew he would draw interest,but gutted if Danns goes.For me when Danns is on his game we look a good side & i really think he makes us tick.Can only hope this deal will take some pressure of us losing Moses for a silly fee out of desperation,but i doubt it.

pauldrulez
08-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I agree on Danns.

When we score you only have to see him celebrate to see what he thinks of the club.

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I agree on Danns.

When we score you only have to see him celebrate to see what he thinks of the club.

sheepy
08-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Fonte is a good defender and will be missed but I feel that there are options to replace him as we're quite well stocked in defence.

Losing Danns however is a hammer blow. He is the player that provides the drive from midfield and I don't think we've got anyone who will replace him.

Assuming the sales end with Moses I'd guess we're gonna end up with a team like this

----------Speroni-----------

Clyne - Butterfield - Davis - Hill

---------Derry --- Ertl--------

-------------Carle------------

Scannell ----- Lee --- Ambrose

Obviously this places a huge responsibility on Carle to perform at a level that he's so far been unable to produce. It doesn't look disasterous, I think the back 4 would do ok, Derry and Ertl are reliable and will provide protection for the back 4 but I'm not sure if Carle, Scannell, Lee and Ambrose will be able to break down the opposition. Certainly won't be the worst attack in the league but it will rely heavily on two players who haven't consistently performed whilst at the club.

davematt
08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
And it starts...this month is just going to get worse and worse by the day.

Our squad is going to be a complete mess come the start of Feb.

ugly and fat
08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Fonte is a good defender and will be missed but I feel that there are options to replace him as we're quite well stocked in defence.

Losing Danns however is a hammer blow. He is the player that provides the drive from midfield and I don't think we've got anyone who will replace him.

Assuming the sales end with Moses I'd guess we're gonna end up with a team like this

----------Speroni-----------

Clyne - Butterfield - Davis - Hill

---------Derry --- Ertl--------

-------------Carle------------

Scannell ----- Lee --- Ambrose

Obviously this places a huge responsibility on Carle to perform at a level that he's so far been unable to produce. It doesn't look disasterous, I think the back 4 would do ok, Derry and Ertl are reliable and will provide protection for the back 4 but I'm not sure if Carle, Scannell, Lee and Ambrose will be able to break down the opposition. Certainly won't be the worst attack in the league but it will rely heavily on two players who haven't consistently performed whilst at the club.

scannell is OUT for a month with hamstring;Carle is away with the aussies...

sheepy
08-01-2010, 09:00 PM
scannell is OUT for a month with hamstring;Carle is away with the aussies...

So what you're saying is we should hope the snow sticks around for the next month...

nathe
08-01-2010, 09:06 PM
And it starts...this month is just going to get worse and worse by the day.

Our squad is going to be a complete mess come the start of Feb.

Look at the different teams that we put out last time we were in admin. But we got through it.

But we will be there everystep of the way. We will follow this team through thick and thin.

But one thing i do know is that whoever is left will fight every minute on the football pitch for this great club.

Things seem bleak at the moment but things will get better. We will support the boys and they will give 100% for this club.

Fever Pitch
08-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Just had it confirmed.

Medical has not gone through yet but terms agreed;

£800k Upfront
£400k If Saints go up within 3 Year term of his contract
£100k after 50 Games.
5% Sell on Clause

james powell
08-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Just had it confirmed.

£800k Upfront
£100k after 50 Games.
5% Sell on Clause

Fonte or Danns?

sheepy
08-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Just had it confirmed.

£800k Upfront
£100k after 50 Games.
5% Sell on Clause

I have just adopted Southampton as my league one club for the rest of the season.

Fever Pitch
08-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Fonte

davematt
08-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I am pretty suprised both didnt hold out for a move to a Championship club.

They are both too good for League One IMO.

From a Southampton point of view, these are fantastic signings.

Finally, would rather see a young centre back in the Academy given a chance ahead of Matt Lawrence.

Our record with him as a starter the year or so is anything short of shocking. Losing Fonte is a blow, mainly because it means Lawrence will be back in the team.

cpfcfan1
08-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Time for Mr Wynter to step up if Danns goes?

Southerner
08-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah i was looking through to see on the news on Jose Fonte and Neil Danns.
After scanning through the comment its seem these to players would be a great addition to our squad and ive herd that they could even have a chance of cutting it in the premiership soo im well looking forward to seeing them both play :)

Big Blue Eagle
08-01-2010, 09:24 PM
I am pretty suprised both didnt hold out for a move to a Championship club.

They are both too good for League One IMO.

From a Southampton point of view, these are fantastic signings.

Finally, would rather see a young centre back in the Academy given a chance ahead of Matt Lawrence.

Our record with him as a starter the year or so is anything short of shocking. Losing Fonte is a blow, mainly because it means Lawrence will be back in the team.

No it doesn't - back 4 will be Clyne, Hills, Hill, David until Paddy is fit. Lawrence may be on the bench, but there is also Butts in front of him, plus Ertl to cover at CB

King William
08-01-2010, 09:29 PM
In Portswood?

correct

elgin eagle
08-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Just had it confirmed.

£800k Upfront
£100k after 50 Games.
5% Sell on Clause

:( :sob: they've got a great player for a bargain price there. I suppose its better than having administrators sell him for 300k though, but not much.
So long Jose if you go, thanks for all the fish. Definately up there in the top 3 cb's i've seen at Palace.

Nelson Muntz
08-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Time for Mr Wynter to step up if Danns goes?
He's six ******* teen :eek:

jams1234
08-01-2010, 09:33 PM
I agree on Danns.

Spot on.

Danns and Fonte amongst my two favourite players to play for us.

Southampton getting a fantastic deal there. If you make a couple more signings of their calibre I can see possible back-to-back promotions.

The Stig
08-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah i was looking through to see on the news on Jose Fonte and Neil Danns.
After scanning through the comment its seem these to players would be a great addition to our squad and ive herd that they could even have a chance of cutting it in the premiership soo im well looking forward to seeing them both play :)

That's nice... for you :sob:

TheMexicanHorse
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
:( :sob: they've got a great player for a bargain price there. I suppose its better than having administrators sell him for 300k though, but not much.
So long Jose if you go, thanks for all the fish. Definately up there in the top 3 cb's i've seen at Palace.

How much did we pay for him, £400K wasn't it?

Not bad business in that sense then, still suprised he is going to a League one club but there you go,

spy
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
According to The Times (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6981621.ece)

"Southampton have completed the signing of José Fonte, the defender, from Palace for about £1 million."

Really hope Danns doesn't go - think he has probably been our most important player (other than Speroni perhaps) this season :(

GDP
08-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I agree that he's an excellent player, but I don't think we will get away with selling him twice.

:D

kettle
08-01-2010, 09:46 PM
kept on hitting F5 and no news! Can't get on to Neil Danns twitter page to see if he has written anything on it! Can anyone get on it?:confused:

Nelson Muntz
08-01-2010, 09:48 PM
kept on hitting F5 and no news! Can't get on to Neil Danns twitter page to see if he has written anything on it! Can anyone get on it?:confused:
This is Dannsy latest Twitter post:

Don't know why but my twitter is blowing up today with new followers , has my name been mentioned somewere or has some one promoted me,

eagle101
08-01-2010, 09:50 PM
correct

Cool! I didn't know that :) Will look out for them, maybe go in in a Palace shirt ;)

GodstoneEagle
08-01-2010, 09:50 PM
£800k up-front for Fonté makes me want to cry.

Can people inundate Dannsy with "don't go" messages on twitter?

eagle101
08-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Also if the Fonte news is true... Goodbye, good luck and thank you :(

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 09:52 PM
From danns' twitter

Don't know why but my twitter is blowing up today with new followers , has my name been mentioned somewere or has some one promoted me,

Ashleyno1son
Jose Fonte is understood to have turned down a move to Southampton.

The League One club have reportedly agreed a fee of £1.2m for the Crystal Palace defender and he was supposed to be completing a medical today.

However, it is believed the 26-year-old is training with the rest of the Eagles squad this morning having said he doesn't want to leave south London.

Meanwhile, Palace players are still waiting for their December wage packets.

Manager Neil Warnock said: "The wages will be paid by the middle of next week if not before."

The Professional Footballers' Association is meeting with the Eagles players today to discuss the situation.

If the wages are not paid by the end of next week, then players can, under the terms of their Football League contracts, negotiate free transfers away from the club.

orp pisshead1
Definately up there in the top 3 cb's i've seen at Palace.
Christ good defender and all that but top 3 cb? Unless your a youngster.

gold76
08-01-2010, 09:54 PM
He's six ******* teen :eek:

Quite right, too much to expect from him so soon.

I'd have thought Comley & N'Diaye would be before him at this stage

GodstoneEagle
08-01-2010, 09:55 PM
:eek: Jose Fonte is understood to have turned down a move to Southampton.

The League One club have reportedly agreed a fee of £1.2m for the Crystal Palace defender and he was supposed to be completing a medical today.

However, it is believed the 26-year-old is training with the rest of the Eagles squad this morning having said he doesn't want to leave south London.

Meanwhile, Palace players are still waiting for their December wage packets.

Manager Neil Warnock said: "The wages will be paid by the middle of next week if not before."

The Professional Footballers' Association is meeting with the Eagles players today to discuss the situation.

If the wages are not paid by the end of next week, then players can, under the terms of their Football League contracts, negotiate free transfers away from the club.

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 09:57 PM
That was from earliar things have changed now

macstar
08-01-2010, 10:02 PM

Salisbury
08-01-2010, 10:02 PM
In the dim and distant past I remember getting excited about Palace signing players. Seems a long time ago now.

Godstone Eagle
08-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Deflecting away from the fact that we need to sell to raise money, why would Fonte join Southampton? He's dropping a division to a team that is far from certain of even getting into the play offs and likely to still be in League 1 for another year. Unless Southampton are offering him very good money, i cant see that he would be keen to go there and that he is sacrificing himself and his career for the sake of Palace's sorry state of affairs. There's no way he should be anywhere near playing down at that level.

Dave
08-01-2010, 10:04 PM
As you say, it has to be wages.

Harry Holmesdale
08-01-2010, 10:06 PM
... plus he has been told to go

This is the flip side of player power, although he will no doubt increase his pay and get paid!

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Fonte has said he doesn't want to go, but if you're forced then you can't really turn a team down, but if i was forced id ask for a lot of money as i wouldn't want to be there and this would help pass the time

philsick
08-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I cant believe it,but i can and i dont want to believe it,but i do.If that makes any sense.

I just hope he is the only casualty before things get sorted one way or the other.

Our defence looks fragile at the best of times,to lose the best player in that area is a disaster teamwise.

Big Patch
08-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Oh dear, I'm going in the bunker and I'll be out on Feb 1st to assess the damage. AFC Palace anyone?

Nelson Muntz
08-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Fonte has said he doesn't want to go, but if you're forced then you can't really turn a team down, but if i was forced id ask for a lot of money as i wouldn't want to be there and this would help pass the time
How does it work that he's 'told to go'?

Sandowneagle
08-01-2010, 10:26 PM
The Danns to Southampton news is new news to me. Obviously it doesn't mean it isn't true but I'm pretty sure it didn't come in with the Fonte offer on Sunday. There are 2 other clubs that have enquired about him, both in the Championship, 1 wanted to take him on loan when the loan window closed 5 weeks back.

eagle101
08-01-2010, 10:27 PM
The Danns to Southampton news is new news to me. Obviously it doesn't mean it isn't true but I'm pretty sure it didn't come in with the Fonte offer on Sunday. There are 2 other clubs that have enquired about him, both in the Championship, 1 wanted to take him on loan when the loan window closed 5 weeks back.

Ipswich?

philsick
08-01-2010, 10:28 PM

Are there anymore concrete bids for other players?

Sussex Eagle
08-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Are you lot really buying that c_block_lad has the inside scoop on this deal?

kolinkins
08-01-2010, 10:34 PM

I heard Sheffield Utd and Ipswich (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193881)

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 10:38 PM
:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr angry

cockles
08-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Until recently, I thought Danns would be possible to replace in the side, but have changed my mind in the last month or so. On top of his level of play, he is really important to our system, more so than he will be for a new side for a long time.

Jose could actually perform better in other systems of play. 20 years ago he'd surely have been ear marked as a sweeper. He'll be a loss, but not on the scale of Neil Danns - particularly since the fee will probably be less for him than even the initial 800k for Fonte.

Danns will be one of the better earners, like Fonte, so this will no doubt help in some ways - but unless Carle comes back at an as yet unseen level from his Australian match (played 90mins and made a goal from attacking midfield role) then I am pretty pessimistic about us replacing Danns.

Normally it may be possible to change the system to play 2 winger aside Derry and Ertl, but with no real wingers - not an option either.

IF a bid for Danns has been accepted, (assuming it's less than say £1.5m) then it would show that NW has no say on the sales, anyone can be sold and this really is a straight forward firesale. :(

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Just been confirmed by someone i know. I didn't wanna believe it until now shame i have never had a bad word to say about fonte always rated him. Definately think we will miss him

Oh south london
08-01-2010, 10:47 PM

It was Preston I think but that may have changed now they have a new man in charge.

RDSdaEAGLE
08-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I would imagine that Jose is one of the higher-earning players on our squad, considering that he signed on loan during Peter Taylor's management.

It was also quite obvious that a defender would be on the way out when Warnock stated that Matt Lawrence (a player who had been told he wouldn't play for Palace again...) would be considered for the team.

It's all very disappointing nonetheless - a player like Fonte isn't as easy to replace as has been suggested.

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeh that was the nail in the coffin. That phone call he recieved on the weekend was obvs southampton and when he said you will hear more in the week and so we have fonte to soton

Sussex Eagle
08-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I think it was quite obvious that a defender would be on the way out when Warnock stated that Matt Lawrence (a player who had been told he wouldn't play for Palace again...) would be considered for the team.
Though we couldn't fill a bench without selling anybody so I think that would likely have happened either way.

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Just been confirmed by someone i know. I didn't wanna believe it until now shame i have never had a bad word to say about fonte always rated him. Definately think we will miss him

I assume you don't think it's a move he wanted?
His hand has more than likely been forced here. I guess he realised that his team mates wouldn't get paid if he didn't go. That kind of emotional blackmail often works.
I can remember once taking a job I didn't want, with a bunch of utter c*nts, because a good friend of mine, who was pregnant at the time, would have been made redundant if I'd refused.
It's an absolute f*cking disgrace, and the least Jordan should do is issue a statement to the fans clearly explaining the reasons and his strategy for safeguarding the future of the club.
And he moans about the decline in attendance?
Quite frankly, I'm amazed we get the gates we do, considering the shite he's put us through....

Sussex Eagle
08-01-2010, 10:55 PM
This Neil Danns twitter people are on about seems to have disappeared. Spoooky.

Oh south london
08-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Jordan needs to come out and tell the fans what is going on. I fully expect to lose players this month but he has to communicate the situation with us the fans or he faces a backlash.

rossi71987
08-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Definately agree we need a statement from someone

917L
08-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Just had it confirmed.

£800k Upfront
£100k after 50 Games.
5% Sell on Clause

Says who?

Sussex Eagle
08-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Says who?
c_block_lad.

Please people, use yer loaves ya facking mankeys.

philsick
08-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Jordan needs to come out and tell the fans what is going on. I fully expect to lose players this month but he has to communicate the situation with us the fans or he faces a backlash.

He'll probably just bibble about us not getting as many home fans as charlton and norwich again.

Scroatey
08-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Says who?I have heard the basics of what Fever Pitch states, will be announced tomorrow. And no I'm not naming a source either.

917L
08-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I have heard the basics of what Fever Pitch states, will be announced tomorrow. And no I'm not naming a source either.

Since when has Fevr block been a reputable source?

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 11:18 PM

Read Scroatey's post again - that's not what he is saying.

kolinkins
08-01-2010, 11:22 PM

Since his brother started going to uni in Southampton, I guess he knows more about what happens at their club

jb888
08-01-2010, 11:26 PM
I have heard the basics of what Fever Pitch states, will be announced tomorrow. And no I'm not naming a source either.
Is the correct answer!

CPFC self-destruction sequence, activated!

Bobsta
08-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm absolutely gutted and feel utterly depressed...someone please tell me when we will see light at the end of the tunnel? :(

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm absolutely gutted and feel utterly depressed...someone please tell me when we will see light at the end of the tunnel? :(

Just after you die, but before you reach the pearly gates, according to my afterlife satnav...

Barbara4003
08-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I much preferred life in my own little world.

I liked being ignorant to the problems.

I'm going to bed to cry now :sob:

Kirby
08-01-2010, 11:43 PM
If we sell Neil Danns I will be close to tears :(

Stellavista
08-01-2010, 11:45 PM
If we sell Neil Danns I will be close to tears :(

http://www.rjfinewood.com/store/images/large/anigre_tiger_family_kleenex_LRG.jpg

Kirby
08-01-2010, 11:55 PM
http://www.rjfinewood.com/store/images/large/anigre_tiger_family_kleenex_LRG.jpg

Thanks. Sniff.

AJ
09-01-2010, 12:30 AM
If true, good luck Jose. By moving you are somewhat special in my heart as you gave Palace 100% and never seemed to complain, but, you agreed to move when you didn't want to for the benefit of the club. Thank you.

On the flip side, I never expected an offer for Fonte and I think if the deal is as reported it will end up being 1.2m as Soton will no doubt get promoted in 3 seasons, then it's much more than I expected and at least in my mind a bonus for the club, as him going may preserve one of Moses, Clyne or Speroni leaving. I also truly believe that an offer of 400k would have got him, so, good job to Palace for getting such a good amount and thanks to Soton...I hope you get promoted this season:p

Leif Andersen
09-01-2010, 12:32 AM
just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth that its Pardew once again coming and taking our best players. he did it when he took Mullins to West Ham

very sad if danns leaves. he's been our best player this season

AJ
09-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Sorry but what are you on? Danns is better than Moses, Ambrose, Clyne? And worth £2m?

Sorry, but even if Wrong-ipaedia is right, close to £1m is good money for a player with a poor fitness record who we paid around 600k for.

Spot on add to that I think that Danns must be near the end of his contract. Danns has been great and I'll be sad to see him go, but, the future has to be in the youth players on lower salaries. Better he and Fonte go than 2 youngsters(from a purely financial point of view).
It also imo set the tone for the value of other players in the squad.