PDA

View Full Version : Lee Hills to Swansea?

Whyteleafe_Sage
14-01-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/swans-chasing-palace-starlet-1006116.html

If true, would be sorry to see him go.

David of Kent
14-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd be sad about this. I think he may be out of contract this summer, but I guess we get some figure on him due to his age?

sw16girl
14-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Tribunal payment - he has played for england at his age band - but failure to hold down a place in the team or feature other than as a reserve will be against a big payout. On the other hand his age means that he would be coming into his own probably over the next two seasons - might get 500k plus add ons.

LeeH
14-01-2010, 02:13 PM
there was some sort of news hiccup on newsnow earlier today where it put a story up (http://www.planetswans.co.uk/article.aspx?ArticleID=10161) as todays news but was actually from Dec 30th

I reckon clubcall probably saw this and just rehashed it, in the usual poor way that they do these things.

prizesucker
14-01-2010, 02:16 PM
NW mentionned this interest before our away game to Swansea. LH played vs Swansea and whether he made up Sousa's mind one way or the other, who can say. Would be sad to see him go, we would get compensation i think for him being under 24 but would leave us very light at left back. Hill out of contract at the end of the season and looking tired, Wiggins already gone and now LH possibly going too. Very light on cover but needs must i spose :(

EL JIMBO
14-01-2010, 02:27 PM
no he has a good left foot and we should keep him, depends on his contract?

Woosie
14-01-2010, 05:56 PM
no he has a good left foot and we should keep him, depends on his contract?

Agree with this, he is a decent player and has potential and should be getting a few games because Clint Hill has been poor lately, but i'm not sure Warnock rates him very highly. Would be a shame is he did go because he hasn't had the chance to show what he can do imo.

AlgotTheEagle
14-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Hope Hills stays and get his chance now.

The back four should be (when everyone is fit)

Clyne - McCarthy - Hill - Hills

ANDYEAGLE
14-01-2010, 06:36 PM
If anyone offers us close to 500k for him they will have the arms ripped out of their sockets.

Shipp Ahoy!
14-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Agreed, needs must :(

ugly and fat
14-01-2010, 07:45 PM
If anyone offers us close to 500k for him they will have the arms ripped out of their sockets.

as has been said before;needs must...

(this was the type of player i assumed would go,NOT Jose!!!)

im assuming there is cover in the reserves?
(Abnett?)

David Amsalem
14-01-2010, 07:46 PM
We would be idiots to let our only natural left back to leave.

Mind you, if we're going to insist on playing Hill, we may as well stop paying Hills wages and make a transfer fee in the meantime :(

David of Kent
14-01-2010, 10:03 PM
im assuming there is cover in the reserves?
(Abnett?)

I'm not sure about others, but Abnett is an attacking right back

CPFC_DAVE77
14-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Shove Hill in the middle and play Hills ffs.

eagle-leg
16-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Shove Hill in the middle and play Hills ffs.

DONE! :p

CPFC_DAVE77
16-01-2010, 08:35 PM
DONE! :p
:lux: :lux:

The Gerry Queen
16-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Lee Hills got an assist for Victor's goal today ... and Clint Hill played a blinder at centre half. Looks like Lee Hills is finally going to get his chance of a decent run of games at Left back :)

glaziers fan
16-01-2010, 09:06 PM
not once paddy is back. Hell be sold if swansea offer a decent fee.

gadford4th
17-01-2010, 07:15 AM
I really don't want Hills to go.

hughff
17-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Losing Hills would be another major blow. With Jose already gone we would be left with a paper thin defense squad: Clyne, Butts, Hill, Davis, the oft-injured McCarthy and makeshifts from midfield like Ertl and Derry. All this assumes the academy players aren't ready to step up yet but they may have to play now.

Furthermore, I rate Hills and feel he has the potential for a long, productive career. I had hoped it would be in red and blue.

We're really just beginning the admin sale a little early, aren't we?

Dave
17-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Lee Hills got an assist for Victor's goal today ... and Clint Hill played a blinder at centre half. Looks like Lee Hills is finally going to get his chance of a decent run of games at Left back :) Thanks

philsick
17-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Exactly the kind of player we should be looking to hang onto.Lets hope he gets a proper run in the team now.It would be ironic if when his chance finally arrives to cement a place in the 1st team and he was sold.

gold76
17-01-2010, 10:43 AM
I hope he stays, at least until the summer anyway.

stevek
17-01-2010, 11:08 AM
We'd be very short at the back if Hills left (especially while Paddy is still out).

gold76
17-01-2010, 11:29 AM
We're going to be short a Wolves as he's cup tied..

I'm presuming

Butts Davis Hill Clyne

With Lawrence on the bench

glaziers fan
17-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Losing Hills would be another major blow. With Jose already gone we would be left with a paper thin defense squad: Clyne, Butts, Hill, Davis, the oft-injured McCarthy and makeshifts from midfield like Ertl and Derry. All this assumes the academy players aren't ready to step up yet but they may have to play now.

Furthermore, I rate Hills and feel he has the potential for a long, productive career. I had hoped it would be in red and blue.

We're really just beginning the admin sale a little early, aren't we?

It's not an admin sale. It's a sale for a decent price if the right offer comes in. Butts, Clyne, Hill, Davis, McCarthy, Ertl and Lawrence should be enough. That's 7 defenders!! Plus there's abnett..

Jason
17-01-2010, 02:07 PM
It's not an admin sale. It's a sale for a decent price if the right offer comes in. Butts, Clyne, Hill, Davis, McCarthy, Ertl and Lawrence should be enough. That's 7 defenders!! Plus there's abnett..

True up to a point, but when you factor in that Lawrence probably no longer has anything to add at this level, and Ertl is regularly utilised in the middle, it leaves us with five defenders for four places. Add in McCarthy's injury issues, and we do start to look very light if Hills goes. That said, we all know the situation, and you are quite right that if a good offer comes in, we need to be lookin at it.

Absolution
17-01-2010, 02:08 PM
It's not an admin sale. It's a sale for a decent price if the right offer comes in. Butts, Clyne, Hill, Davis, McCarthy, Ertl and Lawrence should be enough. That's 7 defenders!! Plus there's abnett..What a load of rubbish. It isn't nearly enough cover.

That would leave us with 3 centre halves (including Hill), a midfielder, 2 right backs, and no natural left back... and Lawrence who I can't see being in Warnock's plans.

You don't sell youngsters who can increase in value unless you are forced to.

stevek
17-01-2010, 03:51 PM

One of whom is injured, one of whom is a first choice in our midfield at the moment and one of whom is really now for emergencies only.