PDA

View Full Version : Carle on way out of Palace as China calls

Pages : [1] 2

Dobbo
15-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Carle on way out of Palace as China callsMICHAEL COCKERILL
January 16, 2010

SOCCEROOS midfielder Nicky Carle is set to end his English nightmare and accept a massive offer from China to keep himself in contention for a World Cup berth.

Carle has been frozen out all season by Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock, and with no end to the impasse in sight, is now likely to fly to China next week to finalise a lucrative loan deal from an undisclosed club until the end of the season. It is the second time in six months that Carle has looked to Asia to resolve the situation, but Crystal Palace knocked back an earlier $600,000 loan offer from South Korean champions FC Seoul.

This time, however, Eagles owner Simon Jordan has given the green light to the move, which is likely to net the South London club a similar loan fee.

Carle has struggled to win the favour of Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek for much of his reign, but did get a rare start in the recent Asian Cup qualifier in Kuwait, where he did his cause no harm. However, like all fringe candidates, Carle knows he must be playing regular first-team football to remain in contention for a place in the 23-man World Cup squad.

GDP
15-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Hopefully means Danns will stay.

SA Eagle
15-01-2010, 01:22 PM
$600,000? Is that AUD or USD? Either way I guess it's a decent enough sum to try to keep the wolf from the door for a bit.

AJ's right boot
15-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Great if it is just a loan too!

Clapham Grand
15-01-2010, 01:25 PM
good business for all concerned

Palestinian
15-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Assuming Australian $ would be worth about 340K - buy him the plane ticket

ANDYEAGLE
15-01-2010, 01:33 PM
$600,000? Is that AUD or USD? Either way I guess it's a decent enough sum to try to keep the wolf from the door for a bit.

Maybe Hong Kong$:) Seriosly they always talk in US ,but I will be amazed if we got a 600.000 fee for a loan now. We would not get that in the transfer market here for him. Small fee and the saving of wages I would think.

Chris K
15-01-2010, 01:35 PM
even if AUD thats a hell of a lot for a loan. Bite their hands off!

Owngoal
15-01-2010, 01:36 PM
If TRUE bye bye Nic
He has been a big disappointment as we still lack that king pin midfielder we need to go up a level

Chillo
15-01-2010, 01:40 PM
but Crystal Palace knocked back an earlier $600,000 loan offer from South Korean champions FC Seoul.

Wasn't the original loan suggestion several months ago, though?

KungFuCharlie
15-01-2010, 01:49 PM
To China? Blimey, he must be very desperate (and unwanted here)

Glazier69
15-01-2010, 01:53 PM
To China? Blimey, he must be very desperate (and unwanted here)

Nearer to home for him, though

CPFC_DAVE77
15-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Good for us, good for them, good for him and good for Aus. Undoubtably a decent player, but hasn't worked for him and no not becuase of the tactics we employ. NW's biggest mistake has been Carle but NW is the best man for the club currently and it's a small price to pay for all the good he is doing day in day out.

Good luck Nick, play well, score loads, represent Aus and score in SA and then sign for a Turkish/Greek side for 850k meaning we wont have done so bad out of all this :)

cpfc4evandeva
15-01-2010, 02:06 PM
He has been a big disappointment as we still lack that king pin midfielder we need to go up a level

Sadly true.

Has looked very good in brief flashes but has failed to really do anything of note.

Great goal at Bramwall Lane in the 107th minute though :lux:

Kai
15-01-2010, 02:21 PM
If we get paid to loan him out then it's a no-brainer!

limited_edition
15-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I like Nicky, but he doesn't figure in NW's plans & it's too good a deal for us to turn down.

kolinkins
15-01-2010, 02:55 PM
I wonder why a Premier League club, a CCC club or even anyone else in Europe doesnt want him?

Stavros 69
15-01-2010, 03:25 PM
He's the best player next to Moses, gutted!!!

cpfc4evandeva
15-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I wonder why a Premier League club, a CCC club or even anyone else in Europe doesnt want him?

coz he iz 2 good for dem innit

chatham_eagle
15-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Would be good for all concerned.

m_reid
15-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Shame, think he is one of our better players, but if we need the money and warnock wont play him then its a good deal

vivideagle
15-01-2010, 05:56 PM
A shame really,but he has never lived up to the hype.
Checked out his Palace stats,and he's on 49 appearances,maybe a payment is due to Bristol after 50 games ? Just a thought,but could explain NW's reluctance to play him.
Good deal all round :p

the digger
15-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Good on the ball, but too slow to do something with it. Not qualities suited to the Championship really.

glaziers fan
16-01-2010, 08:57 PM
not qualities suited to english football at all. He's an italian league style player.

Shame cos I rated him but this would be a good move.

AJ
16-01-2010, 09:05 PM
340k+FAC money should enable all the players to be paid on Feb 1, yes?

Gollum
16-01-2010, 09:09 PM
340k+FAC money should enable all the players to be paid on Feb 1, yes?

That's 4 days after we will have appeared in court for failure to pay 1m+ tax bill..... but it all helps.

bern5161
16-01-2010, 09:34 PM
good luck nicky

IW_Eagle
18-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Just read an article (very poorly translated from Chinese) that he is off on loan to Shaanxi Chanba of China for a fee of $USD1m. Evidently they've just announced a transfer budget of nearly $USD15m, so sounds very very good for us.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=195647

Stavros 69
18-01-2010, 09:39 AM
If Moses goes we should keep Carle. He will be the only one bringing creativity to the team and would be a great link up man with the strikers.

dufski13
18-01-2010, 10:35 AM
not qualities suited to english football at all. He's an italian league style player.

He is not good enough for Serie A, but the basic point is right IMO. He is far too slow for English football, I would have thought the Dutch league is where he belongs.Cracking deal if we can get a reasonable loan fee & then sell him on once he's match fit.

spotkick
18-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Glad to see him go, hope it works out for him.

Stavros 69
18-01-2010, 11:47 AM

What a load of shit.

Yeah not suited at all, considering he got Bristol City to the play offs and took our team apart.

Yeah real shit.

Never been played in his best position here.

cdm61
18-01-2010, 11:59 AM
A shame really,but he has never lived up to the hype.
Checked out his Palace stats,and he's on 49 appearances,maybe a payment is due to Bristol after 50 games ? Just a thought,but could explain NW's reluctance to play him.
Good deal all round :p

Last payment was due in summer - so can't be linked to appearances
http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~1758521,00.html

Never understood NW buying this player - not his type at all - never got a chance to shine

dufski13
18-01-2010, 12:02 PM
What a load of shit.

Yeah not suited at all, considering he got Bristol City to the play offs and took our team apart.

Yeah real shit.

Ah the power of BBS mythology, Carle certainly didn't get Brizzle to the play offs. He played well in a very good team performance at Selhurst, he was largely innefective at Ashton Gate in the 2nd leg, where we outplayed brizzle completely over 90 mins. But for an uncharacteristic poor penalty from Ben they wouldn't have made it to the play off finals.
Add to that the odious Gary Johnson was perfectly happy to release this apparently 'key' player so soon after joining, & you can see that in fact the myth of carle does not add up to the very average & slow player we massively over spent on.

Nelson Muntz
18-01-2010, 12:08 PM
What a load of shit.

Yeah real shit.

Yeah he really did.
In the league proper that season he scored a total of ZERO goals
In the league proper he assisted a total of ZERO goals
in the play offs he assisted once (against us).

They bit our hands off when we offered 1m. Probably our worst buy of the 00's.

CPFC_DAVE77
18-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah he really did.

Unfortunatly it was late in the 00's when we did not have the money to throw around.

dufski13
18-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Unfortunatly it was late in the 00's when we did not have the money to throw around.

That is the most galling thing about it.
I am sure he's a nice bloke & all that, but I'll be very happy when he is off the clubs pay roll.

Il Padrino
18-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Loan till Xmas possibly

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=1538&headline=Exclusive:%20Palace%20midfielder%20closin g%20in%20on%20Chinese%20switch

montstar
18-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Loan till Xmas possibly

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=1538&headline=Exclusive:%20Palace%20midfielder%20closin g%20in%20on%20Chinese%20switch

isnt that strange? loan til xmas - we just had xmas!

Nelson Muntz
18-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Loan till Xmas possibly

I preferred the other link ;)

AJ
18-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Loan till Xmas possibly

I guess the positive of that would be that Carle would still be a Palace player after the WC and if he just goes, his value will increase.

Il Padrino
18-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I preferred the other link ;)

:)

Adlerhorst
18-01-2010, 03:31 PM
That is easy to explain. You may or may not have noticed but china is buying the developing world.

As such when anything from Australia becomes available thechinese will buy it.

pfc
18-01-2010, 03:36 PM
That is easy to explain. You may or may not have noticed but china is buying the developing world.

As such when anything from Australia becomes available thechinese will buy it.

And maybe because he's not good enough:p

Garlicbread
18-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah he really did.

He actually assisted twice. Layed the ball to Carey to score and also layed the ball for Noble's tap in

One of the best performances from a bcfc midielder ive ever seen

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
18-01-2010, 11:43 PM
What a load of shit.

Yeah real shit.

I've said it so many times, City wanted rid - they were disappointed by him at the fee they paid (far less than us), he had very high wages and would not be in their starting 11. Only played in play-offs due to Johnson's injury and we bought him on the basis of one good game.

They were shocked and delighted by our bid and would probably have accepted less. They were very pleased by the deal.

RDSdaEAGLE
18-01-2010, 11:47 PM
I've said it so many times, City wanted rid - they were disappointed by him at the fee they paid (far less than us), he had very high wages and would not be in their starting 11. Only played in play-offs due to Johnson's injury and we bought him on the basis of one good game.

They were shocked and delighted by our bid and would probably have accepted less. They were very pleased by the deal.

/\ knows his stuff on this matter! :p

Whyteleafe_Sage
19-01-2010, 01:37 PM
isnt that strange? loan til xmas - we just had xmas!

Presumably spends a full season in China (including the World Cup) and then back in time for us to sell him proper in January.

HARRY MONK
20-01-2010, 09:21 AM
back with palace

stinky
20-01-2010, 09:23 AM
incoming..

917L
20-01-2010, 09:41 AM
back with palace

Thats hardly news is it

NW said he went out there for a look and was due back midweek.....

CPFC_DAVE77
20-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Thats hardly news is it

NW said he went out there for a look and was due back midweek.....

Lets hope he liked what he saw.

LeeH
25-01-2010, 10:58 AM
looks to be a non starter. Bad luck financially for us if thats the case

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=2480&headline=Nick

Nick Carle rejects Shaanxi move

Monday, 25 January 2010

By Richard Cawley

CRYSTAL Palace midfielder Nick Carle looks set to turn down interest from Shaanxi Chanba.

The Australian international missed the recent 1-0 win at Plymouth to jet out to discuss a move with the Chinese side.

But Carle was back on the bench for Saturday's 2-2 FA Cup draw with Wolves.

Palace boss Neil Warnock said: "At the moment there are some things in the contract which he and his agent didn't agree with so it was a non-starter.

"I think there will be a lot of interest in taking Nick on loan but we're just trying to get a permanent deal done."

All_Fired_Up
27-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Well he will be one of the first let go, that is a certainty ;)

TonysMumsabitch
27-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Good for him to move on, and good for Palace of course.

Jason
27-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Well he will be one of the first let go, that is a certainty ;)

Perhaps not. For him to go, someone has to want to buy him, and that is by no means a certainty. Perhaps more likely that he finds himself back in the team as others are sold

Whyteleafe_Sage
27-01-2010, 05:08 PM
If no one comes in for him he could be released on a free next Monday 4.59pm and still sign for someone else. We save on wages, although we don't then get a fee for him.

Administrator might decide to cut his losses on him.

Il Padrino
28-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Would rather keep him if its all possible in the situation.

Sounds like he had a good game last night and we are down to the bare bones if/when VM goes

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Think we may end up needing him - last time we were in admin some unlikely people had to stand up and be counted and often did well.

Let's hope Nick might do that too

Popeye'89
30-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Nick Carle was immense today. Obviously Danns and Butts will deservedly get the plaudits, but this guy was subtle, and did not put a foot wrong the whole game. Tracking back was sublime, delivery and passing was spot on, and had a fair few chances to score. If we lose Danns or Ambrose, we will need this guy and he will not fail to deliver.

Ardent Eagle Forever
30-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Carle had a good game today.

We'll need to keep every person that we can, to stand a chance of getting in the playoffs!! We're only 11 points off, we made ground today.

Another 3 points will put us into 12th place if all the team up to 13th lose next week.

Seriously, we can't afford to give anyone away. We might not be able to bring players in for the rest of the season. If so, then we would need players like Carle.

Clapham Grand
31-01-2010, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=Ardent Eagle Forever]Carle had a good game today.

We'll need to keep every person that we can, to stand a chance of getting in the playoffs!! We're only 11 points off, we made ground today.

Another 3 points will put us into 12th place if all the team up to 13th lose next week.

QUOTE]
:lux:

spotkick
31-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Funny how things change. He may be getting that first team exposure at Crystal Palace after all.

m_reid
31-01-2010, 06:30 PM
We'll need to keep every person that we can,

agree, to be honest im now supprised we let ryan smith go as we'll need to make sure we have enough numbers in our squad if players go tomorow

Stavros 69
31-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Thought he was fairly good on sat but needs games and to get his fitness levels up. He adds the same thing that scoles does at man utd. Simply but effective passing.

philsick
31-01-2010, 10:22 PM
I think carle will be a real asset if we lose danns or ambrose.He will get better with gametime and will want to force his way into the aussie team.I thought he showed some class at times yesterday.

Popeye'89
31-01-2010, 10:34 PM
I think carle will be a real asset if we lose danns or ambrose.He will get better with gametime and will want to force his way into the aussie team.I thought he showed some class at times yesterday.

EXACTLY what I said, but nobody on here gives a ******* shit as I'm not in their clique.

I've mentioned it before but it does really get on my nerves.

philsick
31-01-2010, 10:37 PM
EXACTLY what I said, but nobody on here gives a ******* shit as I'm not in their clique.

I've mentioned it before but it does really get on my nerves.

:D Don't worry ,i'm not in a clique either.Maybe we could start a not in a clique clique.

Popeye'89
31-01-2010, 10:38 PM
:D Don't worry ,i'm not in a clique either.Maybe we could start a not in a clique clique.

Totally down for that ;)

pauldrulez
31-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Nick Carle was immense today. Obviously Danns and Butts will deservedly get the plaudits, but this guy was subtle, and did not put a foot wrong the whole game. Tracking back was sublime, delivery and passing was spot on, and had a fair few chances to score. If we lose Danns or Ambrose, we will need this guy and he will not fail to deliver.
He's also either incredibly lazy and/or very unfit. And for me was the worst of the midfield players.

I'll let him have 2 more games to prove his fitness, but to say his tracking back was sublime is ridiculous.

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 10:44 PM

:D Immense a bit strong,but I agree he is an asset. You bloody people in these cliques.

CPFC_DAVE77
31-01-2010, 10:47 PM
:D Immense a bit strong,but I agree he is an asset. You bloody people in these cliques.

He's not an asset if he is only good enough if we lose someone better. It's like saying my Oyster card is an asset even though I have a car.

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 10:53 PM
He's not an asset if he is only good enough if we lose someone better. It's like saying my Oyster card is an asset even though I have a car.

:eek:

CPFC_DAVE77
31-01-2010, 10:56 PM
:eek:

He's a decent player. I like him; I think he has a good touch a decent pass and a bit of vision. But he is presumably a big earner and should be one we are looking to ship out if it means keeping hold of Danns.

Midfieldgeneral
31-01-2010, 10:56 PM
If Carle goes it wont have much impact. If we dont keep Ambrose and Danns given that Moses is away I fear we will make the drop......

CPFC_DAVE77
31-01-2010, 10:59 PM
If Carle goes it wont have much impact. If we dont keep Ambrose and Danns given that Moses is away I fear we will make the drop......

While we have Jules, the Palace rules... ;)

Brett
31-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Carle really needs to look at the current situ as an opportunity to prove he can cut it.

I've never really believed that he's one for the English game. It seems much too fast and physical for him and his penchant for hacking people down does not mean he can 'mix it'.

He's always needed far too much time on the ball but this I feel could be to do with where he's often asked to play rather than where he'd probably fit in best i.e. as an old-fashioned number 10 just off of a big strapping target man.

To be honest, losing him would be a blow in terms of squad depth but we can replace what he currently gives to the team. For example, Ambrose could drop back deeper.

The one midfielder in our squad who cannot be replaced from within is Neil Danns. We just don't have another one capable of those lung bursting runs into the box which are married to an acute eye for goal.

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 11:03 PM
He's a decent player. I like him; I think he has a good touch a decent pass and a bit of vision. But he is presumably a big earner and should be one we are looking to ship out if it means keeping hold of Danns.

I think everyone would put him ahead of selling Danns and Ambrose,but the reallity is he is not worth too much in the transfer market,but he can do a good job for us.

SpikeyMatt
31-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Carle really needs to look at the current situ as an opportunity to prove he can cut it.

I've never really believed that he's one for the English game. It seems much too fast and physical for him and his penchant for hacking people down does not mean he can 'mix it'.

He's always needed far too much time on the ball but this I feel could be to do with where he's often asked to play rather than where he'd probably fit in best i.e. as an old-fashioned number 10 just off of a big strapping target man.

To be honest, losing him would be a blow in terms of squad depth but we can replace what he currently gives to the team. For example, Ambrose could drop back deeper.

The one midfielder in our squad who cannot be replaced from within is Neil Danns. We just don't have another one capable of those lung bursting runs into the box which are married to an acute eye for goal.

Agree with every word.

He has talent and ability, just the speed of application and thought process seems to be lacking sometimes. Yesterday, for example, he dallied on the ball a bit too long on a number of occasions and had his pocket picked when in a reasonable position to do something with it.

CPFC_DAVE77
31-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I think everyone would put him ahead of selling Danns and Ambrose,but the reallity is he is not worth too much in the transfer market,but he can do a good job for us.

He has hinted that he could do a good job for us. He didn't do too great a job last year when he got a lot of opportunities. he did play well against Posh however and I believe he has the potential to be decent.

Brett
31-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Agree with every word.

Was it worthy of my 20,000th post? ;)

SpikeyMatt
31-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Was it worthy of my 20,000th post? ;)

Haha. I guess so. Could've put in a gag or two at some point as well as a cheap dig at John Bostock, but otherwise....B+ :)

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 11:22 PM

Well I certainly agree with that. He has certainly turned into our top player this season and really is the heartbeat of the team. He looks a player good enough to hack it in the premier.S'oton What an insult.
I have got a horrible feeling him or Ambrose will go tom. If I had the choice of the two it would have to be the guy who has scored 15 goals to be sold
Crazy. I can't remember us having two midfielders who have scored so many.
Sickening situation.

CPFC_DAVE77
31-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Well I certainly agree with that. He has certainly turned into our top player this season and really is the heartbeat of the team. He looks a player good enough to hack it in the premier.S'oton What an insult.
I have got a horrible feeling him or Ambrose will go tom. If I had the choice of the two it would have to be the guy who has scored 15 goals to be sold
Crazy. I can't remember us having two midfielders who have scored so many.
Sickening situation.

Agree with all of that. N'Diaye has not been mentioned much and I think he may go on to be a decent player. Considering he aint a local lad he is looking a good find.

Il Padrino
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/sky-blues-ready-to-raid-palace-for-carle-20100209-npud.html

GodstoneEagle
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
A move that would make sense as he is one of the highest earners if not THE highest. However he is one of our few flair players and an international to boot. Whatever he does will be right forbthe club IMO

Stavros 69
09-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Dont go Nicky take John instead.

SEEPEEEFFSEE
09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I will probably make myself quite unpopular with this, but I personally think the guy is overrated, over payed and under performs. Let him go and lets keep hold of the players who can really make a difference e.g. Danns/Ambrose/Speroni/Clyne etc.

Jason
09-02-2010, 03:36 PM
If we have to lose people, he would be one of my first choices of who to sacrifice. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have a value (he does), but we may have to prioritise in respect of which players we keep. In this scenario, Carle would not imho be a high priority

Nelson Muntz
09-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I will probably make myself quite unpopular with this, but I personally think the guy is overrated, over payed and under performs. Let him go and lets keep hold of the players who can really make a difference e.g. Danns/Ambrose/Speroni/Clyne etc.
Not unpopular with me. I've been saying it since before we spunked 1m on him.

At present he's doing a job, but he's easily replacable.

Mike Elwiss
09-02-2010, 03:54 PM
I bet he is one of the best paid players at Palace.
Really poor signing considering how much we paid for him.

rhynoeagle
09-02-2010, 04:04 PM
I think hes a great member of the team. Adds that grit to the midfield and vision. Wish he scored more though.

jobiinthelastmi
09-02-2010, 04:09 PM
I think hes a great member of the team. Adds that grit to the midfield and vision. Wish he scored more though.

Grit?? There are a few things he brings to the team but grit is not one of them.....

CPFC_DAVE77
09-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Grit?? There are a few things he brings to the team but grit is not one of them.....

Derry and Ertl = grit.

biggus mickus
09-02-2010, 04:44 PM

I dont think he was a poor signing. I think he has been poor playing for us. He was on fire at Bristol shitty. He looks like he's been in a fire for us.

SEEPEEEFFSEE
09-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I dont think he was a poor signing. I think he has been poor playing for us. He was on fire at Bristol shitty. He looks like he's been in a fire for us.

:D :p

strawberry mivi
09-02-2010, 06:50 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/sky-blues-ready-to-raid-palace-for-carle-20100209-npud.html
Is a marquee player the highest paid or does it mean something else?
Just canvassing opinion.

Skid Row
09-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Is a marquee player the highest paid or does it mean something else?
Just canvassing opinion.
That means their payment isnt part of the salary cap, so yes, they are the highest paid.

glaziers fan
09-02-2010, 07:19 PM
He's got a touch of class but it didn't really work out for him here. It would be best for all concerned if he moves on.

TonysMumsabitch
10-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Would prefer him to stay rather than move to Sydney. He's been getting game in the past couple weeks, but is a move for him inevitable in any case?

Absolution
10-02-2010, 04:36 PM
He has looked quite decent in the last few games, and we need decent players.

Woosie
10-02-2010, 07:14 PM
May be alone in this, but i thought he was rather poor last night, and he is absolutely awful using his right foot, as shown last night with a number of attempted crosses that went astray. Also Carle doesn't use his right foot barely at all, consequently when the ball comes across nicely onto his right foot he lets it drift to his left and then loses it!

I'm not bothered either way, he can stay or go, we have enough midfielders. Rather see Comley play than Carle at the moment.

That's not to say I dislike Nicky Carle, i'm just providing my opinion on his performance last night.

nomad
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM

I think you should remember back to the games against Bristol City last season when he was playing for them. He ran the game in midfield and was awesome. Perhaps it is because we play too much direct football with the centre backs hoofing the ball up field. Every cloud has a silver lining and I think we are starting to see him play as he can do given he is now in the starting eleven. I thought he played with some confidence and passed the ball well against Swansea. It is not his fault that we have not got much talent left up front.

Woodside_CP
11-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I think you should remember back to the games against Bristol City last season when he was playing for them. He ran the game in midfield and was awesome. Perhaps it is because we play too much direct football with the centre backs hoofing the ball up field. Every cloud has a silver lining and I think we are starting to see him play as he can do given he is now in the starting eleven. I thought he played with some confidence and passed the ball well against Swansea. It is not his fault that we have not got much talent left up front.

One good game doesn't make a player decent. I'm pretty sure Fitz Hall once played a blinder for Southampton and had Thierry Henry in his pocket all game...and he (Hall, not Henry :D) is gash.

You can make excuses for Carle's poor form/lack of impact because of the tactics we play - but Neil Danns manages to make an impression - even with our "direct football" and "hoofing it up the field". I just dont think he is good enough or has done enough to justify his massive price tag or reputation.

It obviously hasn't worked out for Carle for whatever reason, and being a high earner and worth a transfer fee, he is prime candidate to be shipped out either on loan or in the next window.

sheepy
12-02-2010, 12:02 AM

He's not a championship player. He slows play down far too much in what is a very fast paced league. If your looking to break forwards then he is the one player that you don't want the ball to go to as 9 times out of 10 he will cut back and play the balls sideways.

When you look at Danns when he gets the ball we move forward. When Ambrose gets the ball we move forward. When Derry wins the ball he plays the ball to full backs who can then burst forward.

Carle however just stops and starts pissing around with short balls in midfield which although pretty on the eye never really leads to anything. 3 years in the championship and he still hasn't adapted to the style of play. I don't think England was a good career move. In another league he'd probably have been quite a success.

jono cp
12-02-2010, 07:38 AM
not a championship player? what a load of shit

rhynoeagle
12-02-2010, 07:59 AM
not a championship player? what a load of shit

Correct :p

Hes been playing well, and anyway hes the best we can get in this finacial state

Owngoal
12-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Carle was MoM in the papers against Swansea, I know they often get it wrong but he is back in the team and trying and deserves our support, as much as anyone does. Not his fault NW paid a million and City bit his hand off to accept, then not played. He is NWs biggest blunder for us but like Ertl and Lee is becoming a valuable team member after receiving the NW cold shoulder.

Gazpacho
12-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Let's hope he is a big game player at the weekend

st albans
12-02-2010, 09:18 AM
one of the most dissapointing NW signings IMHO

JKM
12-02-2010, 09:39 AM
He's one of the only players in our team who can actually play football. He's been tremendous since he's come back into the side IMO.
There was a ball he played for Clyne in the first half on Tuesday that was sublime.

Nth Kent Eagle
12-02-2010, 09:51 AM
On the whole he has been a disappointment but has looked good in the last few matches. Hopefully he has hit a purple patch and can play a key part in keeping us safe and the cup run. Getting on his back will achieve nothing.

Twin of Droy
12-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I am sure there is a top left corner of the goal thats going to get hit by him soon.

gold76
12-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Was very good against Wolves, hope he plays a blinder on Sunday

OneMoreRound
12-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Not seen many Palace games recently but was there against Swansea and for me he was our best player.

I certainly hope we can keep him and that he continues to progress.

Woosie
12-02-2010, 05:26 PM
He is NWs biggest blunder for us
Agree with that, but then tbf there haven't been many Warnock blunder's that i can think of.

but like Ertl and Lee is becoming a valuable team member after receiving the NW cold shoulder.

Disagree with this, I think Ertl was originally brought in to add some depth to the team, and since he's got a good run in the sidem has shown what he is capable of, rather than being given the 'NW cold shoulder' I think he just wasn't needed at the time he was brought in. Also with Alan Lee, he has shown recently that he can be a good player if he works hard, and you can see that we have benefited from him playing up front in certain matches. However with Carle, what has he actually done to show that he is becoming a valuable member of the team? I can only see him having played a few games and done nothing much.

magician
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
carle has been very good last couple of weeks
one thing he could improve on is shooting earlier, has engineered himself into some good positions (ala hopkin circa 1996/97 ) and doesn't dig it /or not early enough

Malakite
12-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Quality player, always has been, I have no idea how he ever lost his spot to be honest :(

PeterH
12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Let's see how many games he gets now. The more he plays, the less a blunder he will be considered.

Woosie
14-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Played very well today to my surprise, and I'm pleased he did, even if it does give us a bit of a headache in terms of whether to loan him out or play him or whatever.

However he still needs to improve on his decision making and take some shots rather than hesitating and losing the ball. Also the right-foot needs some work. But overall today i felt he gave a good performance (despite a silly booking)

the kooch
14-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Letting him go for footballing reasons would be very daft.

stinky
14-02-2010, 10:45 PM
He was very very good today I thought.

I thought near the end of the first half and during the second half some of the neat intricate passing involving him, Danns, Ambrose (although he did mess up a few times at the end of the first time), Butts and Clyne (I think I've got them all) was brilliant

eagle mart
15-02-2010, 12:04 AM
I agree, however, his decision making I think wasn't as great.

Maybe it's a lack of confidence, but once or twice he could have shot, but instead passed the ball. Again with a few passes he made the wrong decision in who he passed to. It's frustrating as you can see he is technically gifted.

TonysMumsabitch
15-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Must stay as the past few games has shown, and I hope he does. Now that he's playing every game ...it's good for all concerned. His World Cup chances are boosted heaps by his return to the first XI, and hopefully its only onwards and upwards from here as far as the Palace/Carle relationship is concerned.

cockles
15-02-2010, 09:33 AM
A professional footballer should be able to kick with both feet. I can't recall seeing a more one sided player than Carle before.

I hope has total lack of a right foot is connected only with confidence - and so will improve, but it must be really weak from evidence of past few games.

I'm sure Mick Jones will be on the case - but I find it incredible that it hasn't been coached into him before now.

Panther
15-02-2010, 12:43 PM
A professional footballer should be able to kick with both feet.

I'd agree but in practice very few of them can, or at least can with equal facility. Many of the best footballers are/were pretty one-footed. I don't recall Maradona, for instance, using his right foot that often though strangely he was ambidextrous. I suppose in Carle's case the one-footedness isn't compensated by genius.

pardew's shorts
15-02-2010, 12:45 PM

Walrus
15-02-2010, 02:43 PM
A professional footballer should be able to kick with both feet. I can't recall seeing a more one sided player than Carle before.

Kinkladze.

If only.

Still, Carle and Danns were the only Palace players able to buy themselves a bit of time and space with pure skill. If we can afford to keep him (and keep playing him), we should.

tasty_snacks
15-02-2010, 05:17 PM

dean gordon? simon rodger?

montstar
15-02-2010, 05:38 PM
It opened up for him a few times yesterday to have a shot I really wish he would have a go he used to knock them in, in Oz remembering those youtube clips, maybe still lacking in confidence?

Jason
15-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Kinkladze.

If only.

Still, Carle and Danns were the only Palace players able to buy themselves a bit of time and space with pure skill. If we can afford to keep him (and keep playing him), we should.

Would agree with all of this. However, if we had to sacrifice someone from yesterdays starting 11 to balance the books, he would be my choice. Doesn't mean I want him to go. simply that losing him would dissappoint me less than the others

disco mixx kidd
15-02-2010, 06:01 PM
i think hes been great since getting back in the team, i dont want to lose him at all, to have someone that can create space like he does at this level is invaluable

congress
15-02-2010, 06:21 PM
one footed footballer?

step up Ashley Cole.

nellis
15-02-2010, 06:42 PM
One footed player = Carl Veart

SpikeyMatt
15-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Looked decent against Villa yesterday with some lovely touches and pieces of skill.

Only concern I have with him is his brain seems a little bit slow in regard to making decisions - seems to dally on the ball a bit too much and gets caught out.

Still, I'm glad he's eventually looking a decent-ish player for us.

AJ
15-02-2010, 06:59 PM

Danny Butterfield can SCORE with both feet:p

I can't recall seeing a more one sided player than Carle before.

Danny Granville.

Skid Row
15-02-2010, 07:13 PM
You'll notice that pretty much every player you guys have mentioned that only have one side are left footers. It's the same with AFL players, their left foot are so good and such a weapon they must fail to see the need to practice on their right hand side.

RDSdaEAGLE
15-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm delighted that he's involved again; he got a chance and has grabbed it. His work-rate has been astounding - he covers a lot of ground during the match.

Russ_uk
15-02-2010, 07:31 PM

Ryan Giggs - the blokes right foot is just for standing on

Mickey Gilley
15-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Beggars can't be choosers and I value his effort, but I still don't rate him as a footballer.

He has a good left foot and his technique is generally sound but he is very slow, refuses to use his right foot and seems to take an age to decide what to do with the ball when he gets it. This last point is so frustrating as our attacks lose momentum while he turns one way and then another before eventually playing a pass that a genuine creative midfielder would have played first time.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
15-02-2010, 08:03 PM
So many players rely on confidence, and being comfortable where they're at.

Ambrose's change in fortunes whilst playing for us rather than Charlton being a case in point.

If we're to keep Carle, it might take him a while to win back some of that confidence which has been dented during his time out in the cold. We might start to see a better player to emerge, with a bit of luck.

Either way, there's not much else to be keeping him out of the team right now, so it's probably best to focus on what he does well, rather than the things he's not so good at.

Skid Row
15-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Carle was the player that won the freekick for Ambroses' special goal. Just before he was fouled he played a delightful ball out to Danns on his right foot. See, he can do it. :D

Stavros 69
15-02-2010, 09:02 PM
He's awesome

Riccardo
15-02-2010, 09:43 PM
He's awesome

Heard a very strong rumour today Barca are interested on a loan deal.

Fingers crossed in stays.

sydnsteve
16-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Yes, to line him up alongside Moses.
Carle does the fancy footwork well, the passing badly. But the midfield seem to gel together, and he plays his part.

Crunchie
16-02-2010, 11:06 AM

Wayne Bridge.

CPFC_DAVE77
16-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Wayne Bridge.

Is a good shout.

sydnsteve
16-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Norman Hunter, Geoff Astle.

Steve in Phoenix
16-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Dean Gordon..

JamTheEagle
16-02-2010, 01:07 PM

Try Stuart Downing.

Jim Cannons Moustache
16-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Sorry but when it comes to one footed footballers there is only ever one winner and that is Paul Merson. He only ever used his right foot, he used the outside of his right boot as an alternative to his left.
He used to go through 20 right boots a season but only ever had one left boot in his whole career. (i may have made that up)

PALACEWU
16-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Carl was good against Villa, and wolves. The only thing i'd like to see him do a bit more of is shoot, he gets himself in the right position but doesn't trust himself yet, perhaps as has been mentioned it's a confidence thing.

GrayP41ace
16-02-2010, 01:26 PM
One footed player..... Step forward Roberto Carlos. Although that one foot was pretty awesome.

Il Padrino
16-02-2010, 01:28 PM
If he could get the final ball or shot away more often he'd be a tremendous assett

miggles
16-02-2010, 01:30 PM
I think he will only get better with more games. looks like a quality player to me....could have a go on goal more often though. Carle and Danns look like a good pairing in midfield.

cpfc_tommy12
16-02-2010, 01:34 PM
I think you will find Laurent Robert (ex newcastler left midfielder) will win this competition hands down.

Fat Andy
16-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Sorry but when it comes to one footed footballers there is only ever one winner and that is Paul Merson. He only ever used his right foot, he used the outside of his right boot as an alternative to his left.

Nothing wrong with that....I give you John Pemberton....'thats the part I like'

cockles
16-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Oh dear.

My post has turned this thread into a "name a one-footed footballer" thread.

If Nick Carle can manage to be as effective in midfield as Paul Merson or Ryan Giggs - then it's all fine. I think Mick Jones and co need to work on him with loads of those one-touch/two-touch restricted games.

Absolution
16-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Puskas was meant to be very one-footed, he did okay? :p

miggles
16-02-2010, 02:50 PM
surely being a good 'one footed' player is better than being an average two footed player?

CPFC_DAVE77
16-02-2010, 02:57 PM
surely being a good 'one footed' player is better than being an average two footed player?

Can a one footed player be a great player?

rolyhamroll
16-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Err... Maradona?

AJ
16-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Is it me, but, does NC seem to have a fat arse?

miggles
16-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think it matters how many feet you are using as long as you are effective. Its refreshing for once to have a few players in midfield that arent afraid to hold onto the ball, pass it around and even show the odd bit of skill!!

Jordan's Jacket
16-02-2010, 03:51 PM
What I like about him, is that he usually controls the ball, looks up and passes the ball to feet. He does seem to make time for himself which in my book is a sign of quality. All power to his elbow

gadford4th
16-02-2010, 04:02 PM
What I like about him, is that he usually controls the ball, looks up and passes the ball to feet. He does seem to make time for himself which in my book is a sign of quality. All power to his elbow
What I don't like about him, is that he usually controls the ball, looks up and passes the ball to feet. INSTEAD OF SHOOTING OR PLAYING SOMEONE IN

palacemaniac
16-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Antonio Valencia

CPFC_DAVE77
16-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Err... Maradona?

I wasn't aware he was completely one footed. I know he was one handed but that's about it.

miggles
16-02-2010, 04:14 PM
I wasn't aware he was completely one footed. I know he was one handed but that's about it.

You probably only need one hand if its the hand of God!!

limited_edition
16-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Err... Maradona?Messi. Ronaldinho.

Stavros 69
16-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Spot on. Everyone wanker themselves off when ben Watson did this. Carle is far better than BW. Good passer and hard worker. Just what we need.

cranesparkeagle
16-02-2010, 09:49 PM
You probably only need one hand if its the hand of God!!One footed, one handed, one eyed

Jordan's Jacket
17-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Spot on. Everyone wanker themselves off when ben Watson did this. Carle is far better than BW. Good passer and hard worker. Just what we need.

steady on old chap, I would not agree that Carle is better than Ben. In fact I disagree on the basis that you are incorrect

steve hail
17-02-2010, 07:31 AM
My feeling is that Palace fans have been so starved of skilful midfield players down the years that we don't recognise them when we see them.

- ducks for cover -

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
17-02-2010, 07:36 AM
You probably only need one hand if its the hand of God!!
:veryangry

CPFC_DAVE77
17-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Messi. Ronaldinho.

Messi is not one footed.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
17-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Is it me, but, does NC seem to have a fat arse?

Probably at least half of North Carolina where I live has a fat arse, but I'm not sure about your bit.

ukjay_29
17-02-2010, 01:42 PM
I give you John Pemberton....'thats the part I like'

:p :lux: :p

Happy days. Unbelievable to think that memorable day was nigh on 20 years ago.

Bloody hell.

prizesucker
17-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Nothing wrong with that....I give you John Pemberton....'thats the part I like'

I hate to be pedantic, but wasn't that Pardew?

Malakite
17-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Agree with Stav - Carle is double the player Watson ever was or ever will be :D

Now is Carle realy heading off? Surely not now that he has regular football week in and week out? It's herdly like we have the personnel to change him even if we wanted it! :eek:

Still I know it's down to those silly administrators if they want to accept any silly bids that come in from China or anywhere else in the world! :sob:

Owngoal
17-02-2010, 02:15 PM
We have not had a really top midfielder for some time - Bobby Kellard at his best would have taken on our entire midfield by himself. Sadly Watson was getting better and better when he went for pastures new (which have ruined his career). Hughes was decent but not dominating and near his end. Carle is decent, not great, I am beginning to like him and he deserve to be in the team, but he should have been the finished article for what he cost. He is still on the 'stocky' side for a finely tuned athlete but like Alan Lee looks fitter than he has for some time. My big hope for the future is N'diaye - if he develops he could be a Patrick Viera - we sound as if we have a couple of other decent youngsters as well. Hopefully Carle is becoming more 'tuned' into Danns and Ambrose and will get better and better........

ukjay_29
17-02-2010, 02:41 PM

Was it not Motson's comments in relation to Pembo's dash down the right flank at the start of the 2nd half which in turn resulted in the cross which led to our equaliser ?

I may be wrong though.

CPFC_DAVE77
17-02-2010, 03:16 PM
We have not had a really top midfielder for some time - Bobby Kellard at his best would have taken on our entire midfield by himself. Sadly Watson was getting better and better when he went for pastures new (which have ruined his career). Hughes was decent but not dominating and near his end. Carle is decent, not great, I am beginning to like him and he deserve to be in the team, but he should have been the finished article for what he cost. He is still on the 'stocky' side for a finely tuned athlete but like Alan Lee looks fitter than he has for some time. My big hope for the future is N'diaye - if he develops he could be a Patrick Viera - we sound as if we have a couple of other decent youngsters as well. Hopefully Carle is becoming more 'tuned' into Danns and Ambrose and will get better and better........

You forgot Ertl and Soares ;)

Stavros 69
17-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Pmsl you're an idiot. Stocky side!!! Lmao. Did you see the size of dunne on Sunday. He looked fat but the guy is pure muscle. Nick may look a little bit chubby but prob has a lower fat level then 90% of the team.

Stavros 69
17-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Also Watson couldn't get the ball in the box from corners for 2 years and tom soars didn't add anything to the team. No pace, poor passing. Not a winger nor a creative midfielder. Wake up people carle was the person that stopped us getting to the play off final a few years ago. If only NW wasn't so pig headed and played him with Moses and scanner.
Also why does NW hate scanner so much.

CPFC_DAVE77
17-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Also Watson couldn't get the ball in the box from corners for 2 years and tom soars didn't add anything to the team. No pace, poor passing. Not a winger nor a creative midfielder. Wake up people carle was the person that stopped us getting to the play off final a few years ago. If only NW wasn't so pig headed and played him with Moses and scanner.
Also why does NW hate scanner so much.

I doubt he hated him so much he gave him his debut.

AJ
17-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Probably at least half of North Carolina where I live has a fat arse, but I'm not sure about your bit.

You must live in the immigrant section, as around these parts it's more than 1/2:o

milky87
17-02-2010, 04:14 PM

It was Pardew when he crossed with the outside of his boot for Wright to put us 1 up against Blackburn in the 1989 play off final 2nd leg

Owngoal
17-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Pmsl you're an idiot. Stocky side!!! Lmao. Did you see the size of dunne on Sunday. He looked fat but the guy is pure muscle. Nick may look a little bit chubby but prob has a lower fat level then 90% of the team.
Only one idiot from where I'm sitting pal. :rolleyes:

I did not mention Soares but said Watson was getting there when he left us(he was scoring and creating a lot of goals). If that is muscle on Nick I'm Arnold S!!! Thought I'd made the point that Nick was looking better each game he plays but your obviously on some kind of 'trip' about Nick that was not shared by all the Palace coaching staff after paying a million, obviously a conspiracy by Warnock:cool:

917L
17-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Was it not Motson's comments in relation to Pembo's dash down the right flank at the start of the 2nd half which in turn resulted in the cross which led to our equaliser ?

I may be wrong though.

No it was Brian Moore commenting on Pardews cross in the play off final against Blackburn

Hit with the outside of the foot/boot 'thats the part I like'

Stavros 69
17-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Only one idiot from where I'm sitting pal. :rolleyes:

I did not mention Soares but said Watson was getting there when he left us(he was scoring and creating a lot of goals). If that is muscle on Nick I'm Arnold S!!! Thought I'd made the point that Nick was looking better each game he plays but your obviously on some kind of 'trip' about Nick that was not shared by all the Palace coaching staff after paying a million, obviously a conspiracy by Warnock:cool:
Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Stavros 69
17-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I doubt he hated him so much he gave him his debut.
Warnock does not rate scanner fact. He has had so many chances to use him and hasn't. I wish the scanner would get a run out more often but warnock hasn't rated scanner for some time.

Santos-er
17-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Warnock does not rate scanner fact. He has had so many chances to use him and hasn't. I wish the scanner would get a run out more often but warnock hasn't rated scanner for some time.

I've heard he's not too keen on fax machines or printers either :moo:

AJ
17-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Is this fact(ie been said and heard from NWs mouth) or is this an assumption based on what you have seen?

Owngoal
17-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

You need help

dufski13
17-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Twinkle toe, twinkle toe, but still no end product. BUT Carle is getting better in this run & ,giving him the benefit of the doubt ,it took Danns a good 10 games or so to start to show what he was capable of after a long time not playing. Maybe we will discover there is a player in there, in the end.

Stavros 69
18-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Is this fact(ie been said and heard from NWs mouth) or is this an assumption based on what you have seen?
Good point AJ. It's an assumption. I honestly think that NW doesn't rate scanner that's why he brings on djarli (sp). Who has been rubbish.
Nicky was one of the best players again last night. He needs a fast outlet to pass to. I hope scanner gets a good partnership goin with lee.

CPFC_DAVE77
18-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Good point AJ. It's an assumption. I honestly think that NW doesn't rate scanner that's why he brings on djarli (sp). Who has been rubbish.
Nicky was one of the best players again last night. He needs a fast outlet to pass to. I hope scanner gets a good partnership goin with lee.

Djilali has not been 'rubbish'; and that's not the way to support and academy lad, despite the fact you are supporting Scannell at the same tie ;)

Stavros 69
18-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Djilali has not been 'rubbish'; and that's not the way to support and academy lad, despite the fact you are supporting Scannell at the same tie ;)
Djilali has been poor when he has come on. But he's very young I'm
not writing him off yet

Nelson Muntz
18-02-2010, 11:51 AM
not writing him off yet
Djilali was great at Scunny. He changed the game in our favour and he looked useful against Villa.

ANDYEAGLE
18-02-2010, 11:58 AM
not writing him off yet

Djilali is a very promising kid who has performed well at reserve level.
At the moment he is a bit too lightweight for championship football.

I hope we keep Carle he has done well since his return and we need all the experienced players we can get in our crisis period.

Where was Stern John last night?

Woosie
20-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Thought Carle was atrocious yet again today, poor control and decision making. Could/should have scored when well placed but 'keeper saved it. I just don't rate him at all, and today he showed me why I don't rate him. Gave away the ball in his own area which nearly led to a goal - and should have but for some poor finishing - also generally poor in defence by leaving a massive gap for the player to run into and attack from. Left the defence exposed a few times, and offered very little going forward imo.

Mike Elwiss
20-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Has he actually ever had a good game game for us.
Crap player... Bristol C must have laughed all the way to the bank with our 1M

st albans
20-02-2010, 07:12 PM
If we didn't have someone to replace him I wouldn't be too miffed to see him go. So frustrating

Santos-er
20-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Poor decisions prevent Carle from being a decent attacking midfielder. A shame, because in his first few appearances for us I thought he was one of those creative players who could find that killer pass or through ball. Maybe he still has that, but it doesn't fit our hoof-it-to-Lee style.

pumaspalace
20-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I thought the last copule of games he's played alright, but today he just didn't look up for a game of football.

Stavros 69
20-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Who does he have to pass the ball to?? JAT

ANDYEAGLE
20-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Who does he have to pass the ball to?? JAT

Yes this is a problem especially as we were back with the hoof ball again.
Actually I thought he was okay today.

Typical Palace
20-02-2010, 08:34 PM
In the name of Christ go now.

Gladys Allover
20-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Thought that he, Danns, Derry and Ambrose have had some bright moments in recent games, primarily when we keep the ball on the floor. He definitely has technical ability.

The real frustration is that he carries too much weight and can't get around the pitch well enough. As a professional footballer there is no excuse not to be properly fit unless you are lazy, which i would say he is.

If the rumours are true and Coppell comes back in then i would see Carle as one of the first out the door, with Sir Stevie's love of fitness and pace above skill!

Stavros 69
20-02-2010, 09:00 PM
PMSL did you see the size of the guys legs, he's pure muscle.

Please nick come out and do a fat test.
If anything he's got too much muscle.
Not an inch of fat on him

maxpower
20-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I think he played well today he was the only one trying to pass on the ground. I would rather see football on the floor than hoof and make it a 50-50 challenege

ANDYEAGLE
20-02-2010, 09:43 PM
In the name of Christ go now.

So you think the club will be better off without Carle?

Gladys Allover
20-02-2010, 09:58 PM

Not an inch of fat on him Where did i say he was fat? I said he wasn't fit enough to get around the pitch, whether it is because he has too much muscle or whatever, he doesn't cover enough ground to play in central midfield. He is light years away from Danns and Derry in the amount of work he gets through and isn't good enough creatively to be carried.

Gladys Allover
20-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Oh, and calling me a tool in your negative rep is pretty big and clever too :hmph:

Owngoal
05-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Aussie manager very pleased he is playing again - in hindsight, was NW right to spend a million and not play him? Aussie manager view

"I am happy for him because he is fantastic professional and a good guy in the group.

"Even when he was not playing he never complained or whined and was always very positive about his manager (Warnock) and never said a bad word. He deserves to play.

philsick
05-03-2010, 08:40 AM
If we are going to play a passing game,he will be the key man.He's like proper number 10.But he needs movement from the players around him.This was really evident from our view of the pitch at villa pk.When they got possesion,all their players went on runs,pulling our defence in different directions.When we got the ball,it was only lee who tried to do this and he's our slowest player.

stevek
05-03-2010, 08:47 AM
My worry with Carle is he always seems to slow the game down - he gets the ball in space but then seems to take an age to get it under control and look up, by which time he's closed down (not helped by him being very one footed, I think).

However, if the Forest fans are right and Hart will look for us to keep the ball on the ground, then Carle should now have the chance to prove his doubters wrong.

The Gerry Queen
05-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I have a good feeling that Nicky Carle will prove his worth in the run in to safety...starting tomorrow. He loves scoring against the Blades.

Owngoal
05-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I was very anti Carle coming back into the team because he was obviously not rated by Warnock who saw him every day. He never delivered the goods when coming on for short sub roles. I have been surprised how good he has looked last few games and really hope he gets better and better. Confidence is a big thing for any footballer and heres hoping that the new team will get the best from him.

wedgetail
05-03-2010, 09:35 AM
It should be noted that Carle started playing immediately after we went into administration because at this point we did not have to worry about the extra payments based on appearances.
It is clear that Warnock would have played him all the time if finances had not been so bad.

m_reid
05-03-2010, 09:39 AM

Not an inch of fat on him

saw him at the gym the day after the Villa away game, and i have to agree he is built!

SilverChevy
05-03-2010, 11:47 AM
not good enough sorry. if we are to stay up Carle must be dropped if their are other fit mdfielders like Ertls.

kolinkins
05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
It should be noted that Carle started playing immediately after we went into administration because at this point we did not have to worry about the extra payments based on appearances.
It is clear that Warnock would have played him all the time if finances had not been so bad.

OR, we started playing him when we couldnt use Victor and then had to sell him.

kolinkins
05-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I am 50/50 on Carle. He is close to being a very good player - his technique is there, he has the ability to execute and is clearly a clever player.

But I have said before, and at his age, I am not sure if it can be fixed - he is slow of thought and slow of pace. He takes a split second too long in everything he does, so what would have been a great through ball, shot etc turns out to be blocked/intercepted.

But he works hard, and right now, we need ourselves 20 or so points ASAP so we probably need Carle to win us a game or two. He is capable of that.

(I note also, that like Oster before him, Ambrose really enjoys playing with Carle, which can only be good)

stevek
05-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I am 50/50 on Carle. He is close to being a very good player - his technique is there, he has the ability to execute and is clearly a clever player.

But I have said before, and at his age, I am not sure if it can be fixed - he is slow of thought and slow of pace. He takes a split second too long in everything he does, so what would have been a great through ball, shot etc turns out to be blocked/intercepted.

But he works hard, and right now, we need ourselves 20 or so points ASAP so we probably need Carle to win us a game or two. He is capable of that.

(I note also, that like Oster before him, Ambrose really enjoys playing with Carle, which can only be good)

Good post K- I agree. I think the 'works hard' bit has been a characteristic of his return to the team, rather than before.

Owngoal
05-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Good post K- I agree. I think the 'works hard' bit has been a characteristic of his return to the team, rather than before.

He is certainly fit looking now where before was overweight. Now looks up for it rather than disinterested - playing for a permanent Palace and Aussie position, there were no flurries of offers for him so he must realise doing well for us is is best option for a player well into his 20s who has not really done anything of note. Get a good feeling about him tomorrow poaching a goal.

herts_palace
06-03-2010, 03:20 AM
My worry with Carle is he always seems to slow the game down - he gets the ball in space but then seems to take an age to get it under control and look up, by which time he's closed down (not helped by him being very one footed, I think).

However, if the Forest fans are right and Hart will look for us to keep the ball on the ground, then Carle should now have the chance to prove his doubters wrong.

Despite the fact that he has played the game in this country for a long time, Carle has not adapted to the English game. My observations are that he is very left footed skilful player that doesn't make his mind up what he is going to do with the ball BEFORE he gets it and is easily dispossessed when he gets the ball because he needs that "thinking" time. Haven't seen much eveidence of him being dangerous in front of goal either becasuse of the previous point. His tackling is not that good either but he does seem to try quite hard at closing down. Not one of Warnock's best buys in my opinion and I would be suprised if he made the Australian squad. He is much better suited to a continental style that is played at a slower pace.

Woosie
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Had a very good game today, but still needs to improve a bit on his decision making and shoot more. But certainly benefitted from a new style of football being played.

ANDYEAGLE
06-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Had a very good game today, but still needs to improve a bit on his decision making and shoot more. But certainly benefitted from a new style of football being played.

Yes he could shoot more,but he was suberb today. He is a class player and all the people who have been slagging him will have to eat some humble.
Probably the same lot who slagged Lee. Where are they now?

weh8millwall
06-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I'll be eating no humble & can't believe the majority on here wanking off over him today. He was shite & on more than one occasion his inability to use his right foot cost us possession in clear attacking areas.

Santos-er
06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I thought he was good today. But I agree he needs to learn to use his right foot.

ANDYEAGLE
06-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I'll be eating no humble & can't believe the majority on here wanking off over him today. He was shite & on more than one occasion his inability to use his right foot cost us possession in clear attacking areas.

If you thought he was shit today we must have been at different games.
Get your blinkers off:p

gadford4th
06-03-2010, 08:05 PM
If you thought he was shit today we must have been at different games.
Get your blinkers off:p

He played well, so if I was to rate him as I would rate the other players I would give him an 8/10.

However, whereas I'm happy to give such marks to Derry who was my MOM, I also realise that without the ability to use his right foot, Carle is only half a footballer. Due to this all marks I reward to him are halved. So he gets a 4/10.

ANDYEAGLE
06-03-2010, 08:10 PM
He played well, so if I was to rate him as I would rate the other players I would give him an 8/10.

However, whereas I'm happy to give such marks to Derry who was my MOM, I also realise that without the ability to use his right foot, Carle is only half a footballer. Due to this all marks I reward to him are halved. So he gets a 4/10.

Well if you think that because a player is one footed he is only half a footballer you are a very bad judge of football in general. Derry played well today,but if you think he was better than Carle you too are wearing the blinkers.

gadford4th
06-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Well if you think that because a player is one footed he is only half a footballer you are a very bad judge of football in general. Derry played well today,but if you think he was better than Carle you too are wearing the blinkers.

Not really. A player's worth and value both financially and to a team on the pitch is judged on how many attributes he has, pace (Carle has none) Right foot abilities (Carle has none) left foot (He has a sweet left foot) etc etc.

How many times did Carle get played in along the right of the area but couldnt find a cross because it was on his right foot? How many chances could he have created if he'd crossed first time? How many chances did he actually create? Very little. Therefore value to team = very little. Valuation to CPFC = very little.

It's not rocket science.

ANDYEAGLE
06-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Not really. A player's worth and value both financially and to a team on the pitch is judged on how many attributes he has, pace (Carle has none) Right foot abilities (Carle has none) left foot (He has a sweet left foot) etc etc.

How many times did Carle get played in along the right of the area but couldnt find a cross because it was on his right foot? How many chances could he have created if he'd crossed first time? How many chances did he actually create? Very little. Therefore value to team = very little. Valuation to CPFC = very little.

It's not rocket science.

Come off it. If Carle had all those attributes he would be playing for Barcelona. There are plenty of good one footed players around. He created more for the team today than anyone including that great thru ball that Cavin fecked up first half. If we play football as we did today he is a top player in this leaque. If you don't rate him fine you are entitled to your opinion.

gadford4th
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Come off it. If Carle had all those attributes he would be playing for Barcelona. There are plenty of good one footed players around. He created more for the team today than anyone including that great thru ball that Cavin fecked up first half. If we play football as we did today he is a top player in this leaque. If you don't rate him fine you are entitled to your opinion.

I rate half of him. :p

Skid Row
06-03-2010, 08:44 PM

It's not rocket science.
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed but you are a tool.

917L
06-03-2010, 08:59 PM

It matters not that its Carle, but if you thought he was shit today your opinion can be entirely discounted as that of an idiot

cranesparkeagle
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
how many genuine two footed players do you suppose we have and is that criteria for marks being applied to anyone else. answers not many and no. Thought so

PalaceFan in Alabama
07-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Seriously folks, how many really two footed players are there?

Hedgehog
07-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Seriously folks, how many really two footed players are there?
I hope all of them have 2 feet!

Whether they can use tham both is another matter! :p

the kooch
07-03-2010, 01:48 AM
I think you'd find that if Carle didn't have the aforementioned flaws, he wouldn't be playing for our humble team.

philsick
07-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I think you'd find that if Carle didn't have the aforementioned flaws, he wouldn't be playing for our humble team.

Loads of players are one footed.Our own ambrose is.I think carle is a class act,but his pace lets him down.Thats why he is not prem standard,but at championship level,he is one of the best in that number 10 roll.

cybergibbons
07-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Which foot did Carle use to cross for the chance where Lee really should have scored?

eagle-leg
07-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Which foot did Carle use to cross for the chance where Lee really should have scored?

His right one I believe :p :p

Did make me smile when I saw it again last night.

cybergibbons
07-03-2010, 10:10 AM
His right one I believe :p :p

Did make me smile when I saw it again last night.

Indeed :p

Nicky was excellent yesterday; hopefully there is more to come with his new role in the team. He's obviously got talent and the new style benefitted him greatly.

gold76
07-03-2010, 10:39 AM
A run in the side has obviously done him a world of good.

A win/win situation, he helps keep us up & nabs a place to South Africa.

steve hail
07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Thank goodness he is still at Palace....