PDA

View Full Version : Please can we NOT sell Moses

tommyg1234
17-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Moses is our prime asset, someone that will stand out to any investor, and definately a player who is capable of taking us to the premiership.

Surely we can hold onto Moses unless somone wants to offer us something in the region of 10 million; the price Walcott and Ashley Young went for.

I would rather sell other players and hold onto Moses, and hopefully gain investment, gain promotion to the premiership, and see Moses' value rocket.

glaziers fan
17-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Every player has a price, and a striker with his talent (6 goals in last 8 games), should be commanding a fee of 10m+ so that's what I want.

kettle
17-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Every player has a price, and a striker with his talent (6 goals in last 8 games), should be commanding a fee of 10m+ so that's what I want.

what are you on?! We are (possibly) on the brink of administration, we will not get 10m+ for him. Although I think he is worth that, we will be lucky to get 5m up front, more likely a 3m upfront fee with add-ons.

Michael G
17-01-2010, 06:02 PM
what are you on?! We are (possibly) on the brink of administration, we will not get 10m+ for him. Although I think he is worth that, we will be lucky to get 5m up front, more likely a 3m upfront fee with add-ons.
Well then we must find a way of not letting him go for that. What I dont get is that if there are potential investors why would they want to buy into the club when the biggest asset by far is leaving.

Il Padrino
17-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Warnock said he'll probably be gone in 48 hours in the paper :(

Michael G
17-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Warnock said he'll probably be gone in 48 hours in the paper :(
How do we know that this wasn't a bit of kidology. To reiterate 3M is a joke for the most naturally gifted player I have seen at Palace. His goal yesterday was sublime skill and if someone in the premiership had done that the TV pundits would have been wetting themselves.

The Gerry Queen
17-01-2010, 06:25 PM
How do we know that this wasn't a bit of kidology. To reiterate 3M is a joke for the most naturally gifted player I have seen at Palace. His goal yesterday was sublime skill and if someone in the premiership had done that the TV pundits would have been wetting themselves.

You are right. Unfortunately we are in such a poor financial position we look as if we are goping to have to sell the most outstanding player the Club has produced for a very long time for significantly less than the going rate, in the middle of a particularly slack and buyers January transfer window in order just to feed our debts and give the Club some life for a few months without decending into administration. Piss poor financial management and an act of desperation but in the circumstances one which will keep Palace alive in the hope that Warnock can keep us up this season and the unlikely tooth fairy wish that Simon Jordan can sell the Club and get some return on his investment. No chance.

Michael G
17-01-2010, 06:34 PM
You are right. Unfortunately we are in such a poor financial position we look as if we are goping to have to sell the most outstanding player the Club has produced for a very long time for significantly less than the going rate, in the middle of a particularly slack and buyers January transfer window in order just to feed our debts and give the Club some life for a few months without decending into administration. Piss poor financial management and an act of desperation but in the circumstances one which will keep Palace alive in the hope that Warnock can keep us up this season and the unlikely tooth fairy wish that Simon Jordan can sell the Club and get some return on his investment. No chance.
I accept our current financial plight but selling him now for 3m ish is crazy. Surley our debtors realise that if they sit tight for a bit longer they will have a greater chance of getting the o/s cash quicker with at least a summer sale. VM'S stock is almost rising by the week and if his current form continues who knows what the price will be then. There must be something that can be done !!

pauldrulez
17-01-2010, 06:39 PM
If we had financial stability, then I completely agree with you.

It is "sods law" though.

We have quality players and a team on the up.

Then we have to sell them all to survive.

:sob:

The Gerry Queen
17-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I accept our current financial plight but selling him now for 3m ish is crazy. Surley our debtors realise that if they sit tight for a bit longer they will have a greater chance of getting the o/s cash quicker with at least a summer sale. VM'S stock is almost rising by the week and if his current form continues who knows what the price will be then. There must be something that can be done !!

I really wish there was and if logic had anything to do with it our creditors would see this too. However it hasn't stopped HMRC serving us with a winding up order on the 27th January and Agilo, to whom we have mortaged almost everything, clearly wasnt their cash back before we go bust so unless a mystery investor can come in next week and save the Club we are faced with Simon Jordan having to realise his comittment to guarentee most of our loans if they are called in and finding 1.2m plus for the HMRC. The only way to do it is to sell our only valuable assets and sadly, tragically, that means Moses. Just how annoying is it to think of the millions wasted on unproductive, failing and greedy journeymen who have squandered our cash when we had it to spend under Dowie and Taylor :veryangry

RDSdaEAGLE
17-01-2010, 07:12 PM
what are you on?!

Glaziers Fan isn't 'on' anything. He always comes out with these 'special' comments...

Potton Eagle
17-01-2010, 07:20 PM
He seems to be improving with every game at the moment and if we could keep him until the summer I think we would have a real chance of at least getting into the play-off's and getting a much better price when we do have to let him go. Surely if anyone is serious about investing in the club they would be telling Jordan to do whatever he can to hold on to him for the moment?

jhc
17-01-2010, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=tommyg1234]
I would rather sell other players and hold onto Moses, [QUOTE]

Too late for that I'm afraid.
We need the money and we need it now - and lots of it!
He's are most valued asset so we have to sell.

In and ideal world?...................if only!

Gone by the end of the week would be my guess.:sob:

Big Patch
17-01-2010, 07:41 PM

Sadly it's not crazy if it's the difference between having a football club or not.

pauldrulez
17-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Gone by the end of the week would be my guess.:sob:
Wish we could keep him for one more home game.

Just one more chance to see him.

Michael G
17-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Wish we could keep him for one more home game.

Just one more chance to see him.
If its going to be Man City as looks favourite why can they not loan him to us and not WBA as has been mentioned.Surely SJ can make that part of the deal!!??

chatham_eagle
17-01-2010, 08:44 PM
If its going to be Man City as looks favourite why can they not loan him to us and not WBA as has been mentioned.Surely SJ can make that part of the deal!!??

Depends whether M'Bargo comes back to the club I suppose.

glayzier
17-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Have a look at the club website. The front page looks like most will be going for 17.99.:eek:

glayzier
17-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Exactly what he is working on ;)

rhynoeagle
17-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Anyone else have a really strange feeling hes going to stay ?

Im not getting my hopes up i just weirdly think he will.

Timbo
17-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Anyone else have a really strange feeling hes going to stay ?

Im not getting my hopes up i just weirdly think he will.
I'm with you. We must be mad

Michael G
17-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Exactly what he is working on ;)
Lets hope so.Even though he will only be around for another 20 games or so it would be a great lift to the fans and at the same time gives us breathing space on financial front. Surely this is the way to go.

philsick
17-01-2010, 09:43 PM
******* ridiculous state of affairs,when football clubs buy players and loan them straight out.This whole situation is so frustrating.3.5 million is getting ****ed over big time.

rhynoeagle
17-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm with you. We must be mad

Oh good theres 2 of us :D :p

NO1FAN
17-01-2010, 10:09 PM
I just wish we could get a buyer for the club and keep hold of him. If we can keep him for a couple of years I am sure his value would triple

AJ
17-01-2010, 10:39 PM
The second that Moses is sold will end any remote chance of the play offs. Moses is the player the other teams make an effort to stop, often with 2 or more players on him. Once he is gone, teams will not fear Palace at all and any advantage there will be gone. Players like Moses come along once in a lifetime to Palace.

RDSdaEAGLE
17-01-2010, 10:52 PM
The second that Moses is sold will end any remote chance of the play offs.

And yet, if we don't sell him, the likelihood is that we'll have a ten-point deduction (or more, depending on circumstances.) Selling him doesn't guarantee anything - but it could well reduce the total debt owed should Palace go into administration.

Players like Moses come along once in a lifetime to Palace.

And unfortunately, just as was the case with Ian Wright, Andy Johnson, Matt Jansen, Chris Armstrong, Nigel Martyn and more, he will move on. It is part of Palace's history, and will sadly be part of Palace's future too. It is, to some extent, how the club has survived for so long.

philsick
17-01-2010, 11:00 PM
And unfortunately, just as was the case with Ian Wright, Andy Johnson, Matt Jansen, Chris Armstrong, Nigel Martyn and more, he will move on

The difference being,that victor is still young and we are only just starting to see his potential being fullfilled on the pitch.The others mentioned had decent periods with us at the top of their game.

racehorse-80s
17-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Moses is our prime asset, someone that will stand out to any investor, and definately a player who is capable of taking us to the premiership.

Surely we can hold onto Moses unless somone wants to offer us something in the region of 10 million; the price Walcott and Ashley Young went for.

I would rather sell other players and hold onto Moses, and hopefully gain investment, gain promotion to the premiership, and see Moses' value rocket.

I believe with moses the club is more salable and more likely to make and win the play-offs.

Moses is very very cheap at 5 millon IMO

RDSdaEAGLE
18-01-2010, 01:25 AM
The difference being,that victor is still young and we are only just starting to see his potential being fullfilled on the pitch.The others mentioned had decent periods with us at the top of their game.

You are right, however I would suggest that that is an example of how the game has changed since we sold some of those players.

Football clubs in the upper reaches are no longer willing to spend big fees on players who have proven themselves in the lower divisions; they would much rather take a calculated risk by spending less on a player who has raw, refinable talent. The end result is that young players, who with more experience might well become highly skillful players, often rot in reserves or get released on frees having made little impact at their new clubs (Tom Taiwo, for example.)

It is also, in many ways, a contributing factor in the gradual erosion of the sport. Where money once trickled down to smaller clubs, it now flows between top clubs spending ridiculous fees on already-over-priced talent. Where the Football League was once a proving ground for young players, it is now a playground for bigger clubs to cherry-pick from.

There is no way that a player like Chris Armstrong or Nigel Martyn would have had the time to develop with a club like Palace - a club like Spurs would probably have snapped him up before he even really kicked a ball, just as they did with John Bostock.

It's all very depressing.

RDSdaEAGLE
18-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Double post.

Brummie Allan
18-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Have a look at the club website. The front page looks like most will be going for 17.99.:eek:That's my joke http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=195622 :(

Vince Hilarious
18-01-2010, 02:35 AM
This might be Jordan trying to force the hand of any potential buyer. We know that Victor is our biggest asset, If potential buyers are waiting to pick Palace up cheap by going into administration then SJ still has one ace up his sleeve. By threatening to sell our biggest asset to avoid administration may force a potential buyer to rethink.

AJ
18-01-2010, 02:51 AM
And unfortunately, just as was the case with Ian Wright, Andy Johnson, Matt Jansen, Chris Armstrong, Nigel Martyn and more, he will move on. It is part of Palace's history, and will sadly be part of Palace's future too. It is, to some extent, how the club has survived for so long.

None of those above came through the ranks at Palace. They were all purchased. No disrespect, but, I expect Moses to go a whole lot further in the game than those mentioned.

RDSdaEAGLE
18-01-2010, 03:48 AM
None of those above came through the ranks at Palace. They were all purchased. No disrespect, but, I expect Moses to go a whole lot further in the game than those mentioned.

This is true, but the point still stands - anyone with an abundance of talent ultimately departs at some stage or another - it's our place in the football foodchain. It has been and will be the case for years.

Eye-dee
18-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Victor and Neil have just been on SSN. Victor says he wants to play at the highest level, which is understandable and Neil says he would be surprised if Victor was still here in February :(

NW did hint at the hope of selling Victor then loaning him back, so we may not lose him altogether.

How we will need players like Victor when we get promoted this season!

chatham_eagle
18-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Just read L'Arse are gonna buy Chris Smalling, no me neither, from Fulham for 7M.
I know we're in this shit, buy why aren't we seeing any of this escalated market?

chatham_eagle
18-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Victor and Neil have just been on SSN. Victor says he wants to play at the highest level, which is understandable and Neil says he would be surprised if Victor was still here in February :(

NW did hint at the hope of selling Victor then loaning him back, so we may not lose him altogether.

How we will need players like Victor when we get promoted this season!

Just read in The League Paper that Warnock expects that Moses will be sold in the next 24-48 hours :(

Eye-dee
18-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Just read in The League Paper that Warnock expects that Moses will be sold in the next 24-48 hours :(

:(

Maidstoned Eagle
18-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Oh good theres 2 of us :D :p
3 nutters.

Niel Smillie
18-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Depends whether M'Bargo comes back to the club I suppose.
I don't think M'Bargo has left the club yet and so if VM don't leave in the next 9 days it is just a simple task of finding the money for HMR and the January wages. Plus the simple part of finding some money for the rent, bank charges on the loans or find a rich fan with 30 mill to throw away on our debt and then another few mill to keep us going. Simple innit!