PDA

View Full Version : Korey Veeder

eagle101
18-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Quite interesting/exciting this. Hopefully Palace USA might start to bear more fruit.

'Crystal Palace Baltimore have signed 18-year old Korey Veeder on a three-year contract.

The former US U-17 National Team midfielder/defender will spend the next several weeks training in Baltimore before heading over to Crystal Palace in London.

The St. Petersburg, Florida native will then train with the Eagles prior to a loan move to a continental European club, which will allow him to obtain E.U. work status. A further announcement will be made once the loan move has been finalized.'

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~1936556,00.html?

Chris K
18-01-2010, 04:53 PM
If nothing else this conclusively proves that we're about to be bought out by the yanks

eagle101
18-01-2010, 04:57 PM
If nothing else this conclusively proves that we're about to be bought out by the yanks

Shit, hadn't thought of that :eek:

Shall I delete my post?

;)

paf
18-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Perhaps we are doing a BOGOF offer?

telodaja
18-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Don't think it will be of much benefit to us. I doubt he will meet the criteria for a work permit to play in the UK.

dannyturner
18-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Oh no, you have divulged information from a trusted source.....extermninate...exterminate.

Who is this cpfc.co.uk. When did you get this info from them. Do they work in a chip shop.

Mods, please delete eagle101's post immediately and seek and destroy. Christ this home made wine is strong!

chatham_eagle
18-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh no, you have divulged information from a trusted source.....extermninate...exterminate.

Who is this cpfc.co.uk. When did you get this info from them. Do they work in a chip shop.

Mods, please delete eagle101's post immediately and seek and destroy. Christ this home made wine is strong!

:lux:

AJ
18-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Don't think it will be of much benefit to us. I doubt he will meet the criteria for a work permit to play in the UK.

I assume these has been looked into. For the UK, if you have a parent or grandparent from the UK you can get a work permit(you used to able to). Who knows where his ancestors are from and how long ago. I assume an EU work permit would allow him to work in the UK.
He is an international , even if he is an U-17 and I assume that counts as otherwise all these African youngsters in the Premiership would never get work permits and most do seem to get them.

Chris K
18-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Shit, hadn't thought of that :eek:

Shall I delete my post?

;)

Now that I have read it yes, then I can post in an entirely unsmug way to the rest of the board as to why I thought it was best you removed the post

Stonewall
18-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Korey was on trail with us as a 17 year old about a year and a half ago, I though he had been forgotten about. He stayed with us for two weeks. didnt get to see him play sad to say, bit of a quite boy not what you would expect a yank to be, not sure if it was shyness or just being a bit homesick.

Stonewall
18-01-2010, 07:23 PM

Brett
18-01-2010, 07:35 PM

It's possible that he is of German or Dutch heritage with a name like Veeder so he may have to move there and say work there for 12 months before being granted citizenship.

Alternatively, we may loan him to a Belgian club where he can get citizenship after 2 years (they're throwing passports at people over there).

Once you've got EU citizenship you can do whatever you like over here.

Lords Eagle
18-01-2010, 09:19 PM
It's possible that he is of German or Dutch heritage with a name like Veeder so he may have to move there and say work there for 12 months before being granted citizenship.

Alternatively, we may loan him to a Belgian club where he can get citizenship after 2 years (they're throwing passports at people over there).

Veeder sounds like it could also be of Belgian origin also, however Dutch seems the most likely. Wonder if he's any good.

eagle101
18-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Veeder Surname Origin

(Origin Dutch) Father, or literally begetter, feeder.

http://www.searchforancestors.com/surnames/origin/v/veeder.php

:)

Whyteleafe_Sage
18-01-2010, 10:54 PM

Is the correct answer - it's pretty much what the big clubs do when they sign players from abroad who wouldn't satisfy work permit criteria - only they're not called Work Permits any more, but Governing Body Endorsements. Same criteria though.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on - sounds like we've been after him for a while.

Welcome to the Crystal Palace Eagles Soccer Team, Korey! :hi:

Tertius
19-01-2010, 09:31 AM
According to the local paper from Baltimore he is being loaned to a second division side in Portugal, possibly G.D. Estoril. Does anyone know how much playing in Portugal helps him to gain EU status? The speculation over here in Yank Land is that it doesn't really, though we are a bit clueless about the finer details of gaining eligibility to play in England.

Madden
19-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Veeder Surname Origin

(Origin Dutch) Father, or literally begetter, feeder.

http://www.searchforancestors.com/surnames/origin/v/veeder.php

:)

So CPFC Baltimore are now a genuine Veeder club!

PalaceMonkey
19-01-2010, 10:58 AM
So CPFC Baltimore are now a genuine Veeder club!

oof :)

AJ's right boot
19-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I assume an EU work permit would allow him to work in the UK.

No this is not true. He would need a UK work permit.

Whyteleafe_Sage
19-01-2010, 01:30 PM
No this is not true. He would need a UK work permit.
Unless he gains EU citizenship

AJ
19-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Veeder sounds like it could also be of Belgian origin also, however Dutch seems the most likely. Wonder if he's any good.

Let's not forget his mother's heritage.

AJ's right boot
19-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Unless he gains EU citizenship
Correct, im not sure how he could do that quickly unless he has duel nationality.

Nth Kent Eagle
19-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Surely if one of his 4 grandparents was born in any EU country he would be able to get a work permit?

IW_Eagle
20-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Marry an English lass?

Madden
20-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Surely if one of his 4 grandparents was born in any EU country he would be able to get a work permit?

Not the UK, parent only.

Eire and Italy are fine with giving citizenship to grandchildren, not sure about the other EU countries>

Funk Butter
23-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Baltimore, Md. - Crystal Palace Baltimore is happy to announce that defender Korey Veeder has been selected to play for the U-20 US Men's National Team in the Cuadrangular Internacional Tournament in Peru. Palace Baltimore has granted him a temporary release to join the U-20 team from September 1-12......

Veeder has proven that age is not an issue in becoming a professional. The eighteen year old has become a regular on the Palace Baltimore squad. He has played in 16 games this season, tallying one assist in the 1322 minutes he has been on the pitch......
http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4077340

Quick, somebody do a family tree on this guy.

eagle101
03-09-2010, 07:23 PM
http://www.yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=6719

While Veeder is happy with his development in his first professional season in Baltimore, it was not the initial plan.

There was significant interest from Crystal Palace in London who wanted Veeder to get loaned out within Europe but due to the club's dire financial problems, things fell through.

Veeder has received indications that next year, he could see another loan deal within Europe take place.

"I was supposed to go to Portugal for two years where [Crystal Palace] had contacts," Veeder recalled. "But since Crystal Palace went into financial problems, it never happened. They told me to keep working hard because at the end of this season they could put me on loan to a team possibly in Belgium."

Sir.S.C Remembered
03-09-2010, 07:36 PM
http://www.yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=6719

While Veeder is happy with his development in his first professional season in Baltimore, it was not the initial plan.

There was significant interest from Crystal Palace in London who wanted Veeder to get loaned out within Europe but due to the club's dire financial problems, things fell through.

Veeder has received indications that next year, he could see another loan deal within Europe take place.

"I was supposed to go to Portugal for two years where [Crystal Palace] had contacts," Veeder recalled. "But since Crystal Palace went into financial problems, it never happened. They told me to keep working hard because at the end of this season they could put me on loan to a team possibly in Belgium."

Interesting. That is all. Links in Portugal and Belgium. We signed Fonte from Portugal I think but Belgium?!

Funk Butter
03-09-2010, 07:55 PM
So what weight does playing for the U-20 National team carry when applying for a work permit. Surely, they can't expect these guys to play on the full national team. Or do they not even care, as long as they keep them out?

GodstoneEagle
04-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Belgium citz. rules are much more lenient than most

Funk Butter
13-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Veeder played almost 2 full games at the Cuadrangular Internacional Tournament in Peru. Unfortunately, the US lost all 3 matches down there. Giving up 4 goals in the 2 games that Veeder played in. (And 5 in the other) No idea how he played, the match reports are pretty sparse.

BulletEagle
13-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Interesting, I thought we had no control over CPFC USA anymore...

Funk Butter
12-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I know everybody is desperate to know what's going on with this guy. It seems he signed with the MLS and was involved in some sort of supplemental lottery with 4 teams trying to acquire him. The Columbus Crew won the lottery and he joined their team, but he hasn't played yet in their first 4 games because he was in the U-20 national team that failed to qualify for the U-20 World Cup recently.

Beanie
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Actually I think this is the most interesting point on the thread! :clown:

eagle101
12-04-2011, 03:19 PM
I know everybody is desperate to know what's going on with this guy. It seems he signed with the MLS and was involved in some sort of supplemental lottery with 4 teams trying to acquire him. The Columbus Crew won the lottery and he joined their team, but he hasn't played yet in their first 4 games because he was in the U-20 national team that failed to qualify for the U-20 World Cup recently.

Thanks - good to see he should have a shot at the MLS :)

Do you know if he ever came over here for a trial? Or did that not happen because of CPFCB's financial problems?

Funk Butter
12-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks - good to see he should have a shot at the MLS :)

Do you know if he ever came over here for a trial? Or did that not happen because of CPFCB's financial problems?
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that his contract was cancelled with the Baltimore team before that might have happened. He has just been training with the US youth teams down in Florida since then.

Funk Butter
30-08-2012, 04:11 PM
So Tunchev isn't the only defender available on a free. http://www.thecrew.com/news/2012/06/crew-waives-francis-perry-and-veeder Looks like he was cut by Columbus so they could bring in replacements for starters that were injured. So we sign him, Tunchev, Halford, Boyd, Rhodes, McCormack, Nugent, etc. we'll be good to go.