PDA

View Full Version : Forest Release Quartet (Skysports)

CPFC_DAVE77
19-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Nottingham Forest have released four players from their contracts, including former Yeovil Town winger Arron Davies.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5870735,00.html

I know we have no money/embargo but IF the Moses money (should he leave) allows us to lift the ban Aaron Davies might be worth a 6 month deal ala Smith. Did well at Yeovil to earn a move to Forest but hasn't really worked out for him; expect him to be on trial at a club very soon.

Aaroncpfc
19-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I expect him to get snapped up pretty quickly. He was immense along with Cohen at Yeovil, made a big contribution to helping Nottingham Forest gain automatic promotion and performed when it mattered last season. Sides looking to rejuvinate after a dissapointing first half to the season are probably in contact with him already.

CPFC_DAVE77
19-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I expect him to get snapped up pretty quickly. He was immense along with Cohen at Yeovil, made a big contribution to helping Nottingham Forest gain automatic promotion and performed when it mattered last season. Sides looking to rejuvinate after a dissapointing first half to the season are probably in contact with him already.

Someone like Scunny/ Donny will surely be looking at him as an option.

Niel Smillie
19-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Brighton signed him on a season long loan this season and he could not get in their team. Within three weeks of Poyet being at the club he sent him back to Forest. Make of that what you will.

the kooch
19-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Those 6 month loans have never worked.

Baldy
19-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Brighton signed him on a season long loan this season and he could not get in their team. Within three weeks of Poyet being at the club he sent him back to Forest. Make of that what you will.

Perhaps he's heterosexual ?

Dobbo
19-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Those 6 month loans have never worked.
Forsell ??? Cashley ???

Owngoal
19-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Not recently because we have had poor players - a few Arsenal future stars would go down well however.

917L
19-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Forsell ??? Cashley ???

Forsell was a season long loan (2nd time around after the previous seasons short term loan)
Cole was 3 months

So neither were 6 months!

Dobbo
19-01-2010, 04:42 PM
So perdantic :clown:

James Varcoe
20-01-2010, 09:52 AM
So perdantic :clown:

I think you will find that is pedantic

strawberry mivi
20-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Very good. :lux:

the kooch
20-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Forsell ??? Cashley ???

I'm not talking about loan deals :hmph:

Smith, Oster, Griffit, and I think Reich was a short term deal too

Palace Bear
20-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Forsell was a season long loan (2nd time around after the previous seasons short term loan)
Cole was 3 months

So neither were 6 months!

Ahhh but between them the median is 6.

Red_Army
22-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Davies is awful.

We signed him because Yeovil wanted 1m for Chris Cohen, who is the real deal, but they had a 50% sell on to West Ham. Therefore, we organised a deal to take Davies too, who was valued at 300k. We took him on because he played well against us in one game against one of the worst full-backs we've ever seen, John Curtis.

We then signed both Cohen and Davies in a double deal, paying 300k for Cohen and 1m for Davies, therefore meaning Yeovil only had to pay 150k to West Ham, rather than 500k.

He's a truly below average player and doesn't even stand out at League 1 level. You'd do yourselves a favour by leaving well alone.

CPFC_DAVE77
22-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Davies is awful.

We signed him because Yeovil wanted 1m for Chris Cohen, who is the real deal, but they had a 50% sell on to West Ham. Therefore, we organised a deal to take Davies too, who was valued at 300k. We took him on because he played well against us in one game against one of the worst full-backs we've ever seen, John Curtis.

We then signed both Cohen and Davies in a double deal, paying 300k for Cohen and 1m for Davies, therefore meaning Yeovil only had to pay 150k to West Ham, rather than 500k.

He's a truly below average player and doesn't even stand out at League 1 level. You'd do yourselves a favour by leaving well alone.

Tar very much for that I always thought he was highly rated!

Billy Nasty
22-01-2010, 05:59 PM
He .......... made a big contribution to helping Nottingham Forest gain automatic promotion and performed when it mattered last season.

You're getting Arron Davies confused with someone else, he has been absolutely garbage from the first day he signed for Forest. Made the sum total of 12 league starts for us in two and a half years and was crap in every single one of them.