PDA

View Full Version : Players to be sold

JLY_CPFC
26-01-2010, 09:51 PM
What players do you think will be sold from now until the transfer windows shut??

I'm going to say

Speroni
Clyne
Hills
Danns
Moses
:sob:

Sad times for Palace fans

I think we will easily stay up if speroni and moses stay this season but i cant see them staying

cdm61
26-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I've heard Real Madrid have bid $5bn for Lawrence

FraserH
26-01-2010, 09:53 PM
add ambrose and your spot on

The Stig
26-01-2010, 09:55 PM
How will we keep hold of Lawrence now :sob: :D

Coulsdon Eagle
can players refuse to be sold? possibly a silly question, but hey!

JLY_CPFC
yeah forgot about him been small rumour hes going to hull

Lion
26-01-2010, 09:56 PM
There's only 5 days, and remember that they can't force the players to leave, they still need to agree terms, etc.

I would hope that some of our players will want to stay.

delboy01
26-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Administrator on 5 live said its a delicate balancing act. The players are valueable assets to attract buyers and if we are relegated it will make it more difficult to find a buyer.

He said they have a year to sort it out and they wont be making rash decissions.

Unsecure debts are paid on average at 35p in the paid.

Selling the list above would result in relegation and would not pay the debts thus the adminstrator would not have done a good job.

The current debts are ring fenced and will not attract additional interest.

A buyer could pay off the secured debt and the unsecured at 35p in the pound and take over the club with a clean slate.

But then there is the ground problem as well.

I don't blame SJ at all he did his best given the circumstances. Goldberg has the most to answer for.

roadrunner
26-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh dear Lord,I know,lets raffle the players :D

Phil's Barber
26-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Administrator on 5 live

Was it our administrator?

917L
26-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Was it our administrator?

Yes, he's been on SSN 5 Live and Talksport since the news broke

ANDYEAGLE
26-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Who knows. If the Man City bid of 2 million for Moses is there. He will probably go if thats the best bid. That could be enough to get us through the period untill we find a buyer. I can't see the Administrators taking any old bids.
We had the same sort of thing last time with Scumwall bidding silly money for Clinton and Hayden. They were told where to go.
One thing for sure we need to sell one or two before transfer deadline.but I can't see whole sale give aways
Lets hope the rumour of a quick exit are true.but with Agilo involved it looks unlikely.

spt1978
26-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Very painful but I think

1. Moses
2. Ambrose
3. Danns
4. Speroni
5. Clyne
6. John

delboy01
26-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Currently all we need are running costs.

Usually the staff/players/manager are asked to defer part of their wages temporarily.

With all current debts ring fenced it will be easier to operate without those debts sapping our funds.

With the number of games coming up that will generate revenue they may look at that. Think it may be better to limp through to the summer in the hope that someone makes a sensible offer for the club.

Moses is going to be worth the same or more now as then.

I'm not sure but they may be able to release players from contracts on a free transfer so we may see players just leave.

We may also see fringe players sold on the cheap but that would be prefered to losing first teamers.

Before anyone goes I think the administrators will want to talk to Warnock as to who he can let go.

Abjekt
26-01-2010, 10:35 PM
If we leave Speroni and Danns, we're ****ed.

Moses, obviously it would be sad to see him go, but I've assumed it was going to happen anyway. Danns is the heart of the team, he's running things at the moment, it'll be a big blow to lose him.

But obviously, in the position we're in now, if someone bids £750k or something, we'll sell him I'm sure.

Sluggo
26-01-2010, 10:39 PM
What we have remember about the players is that this is their profession / livelihoods and they have a rather different point of view from us fans. Those players with families and mortgages and the like will no doubt concerned, like we would, with retaining an income and I would guess, be more ameanable to a potential move. These players will be, by default, the more senior ones and with all due respect to those players, I think it's generally acknowledged that our more prized and potentially sale-able assets are the youngsters. As the Administrator has said, he has a fine line to walk between selling off the assets to raise funds to pay off the creditors, but not selling off all the assets, or indeed the right assets, so as to keep the club a viable proposition in both the footballing and financial contexts.

I don't envy him at all. :eek:

philsick
26-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Clubs aren't spending money,which is a big factor here.There will be stupid offers,its whether they will be sold for silly money or not.

Shipp Ahoy!
26-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I would expect any club with a penny to their name and a fancy for one of our players will be in now.

For me following players and horrible feeling the following figures would be enough :(

Speroni - £500k
Clyne - £500k
Ambrose - £500k
Moses - <£1.5m
Hills - £200k
Danns - £400k

elgin eagle
We have trouble filling a bench as it is :eek:

Shipp Ahoy!
If we leave Speroni and Danns, we're ****ed.

Moses, obviously it would be sad to see him go, but I've assumed it was going to happen anyway. Danns is the heart of the team, he's running things at the moment, it'll be a big blow to lose him.

But obviously, in the position we're in now, if someone bids £750k or something, we'll sell him I'm sure.

I suspect Speroni will probably be the first player we lose :(

Shipp Ahoy!
26-01-2010, 10:45 PM
We have trouble filling a bench as it is :eek:

I suspect this was to a certain degree of cost cutting for away games and a certain amount of media posturing too.

I think we can expect to see a lot of young lads from the academy start flooding into the side now, we will have no choice.

LeeH
26-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Danns
Moses
End

Hopefully none if somebody is in the wings.

ANDYEAGLE
26-01-2010, 10:52 PM

Why? Moses,Danns.Ambrose and Hills are the players that have had clubs linked to them. I have not heard of any interest in Speroni.

eagle-leg
26-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Doom mongers - go and hang around somewhere else.

We lose who we lose and we cannot do owt about it... where the fun in speculating who will go and for the pittance that we lose them for?

Join a positive thread.

Dingle
26-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Worst case:

Speroni, Danns, Ambrose, Clyne, N'Diaye, Moses, Scannell.

Best case:

Ambrose, Moses, Danns, Speroni, Clyne.

:sob:

Mad Raschic Ken
26-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Today's events may have made it less likely that players will be sold. Until today, Palace needed quick money to pay the HMRC for example. Now the pressure is off. Remember, the owner of the ground is in administration, but that administrator has refused to sell the ground to date.

The administrator's priorities are to ensure that the club can continue to operate over the coming weeks / months and to find a buyer. It may be that sales are necessary in order to fund wages / operating costs etc, but presumably sales are no longer needed to settle outstanding debts. I wouldn't have thought that selling off players was the best way to attract a new owner.

We'll see over the next few days I guess.

rhynoeagle
26-01-2010, 11:10 PM
We will see what happens but surely the club need to keep key players to survive. Without key players we wouldnt survuve and then we wouldnt be bought ?

John will 100% go - Thats my only bet :)

Palace Kebab
26-01-2010, 11:17 PM
The spokesman for the administrators that is repeatedly on SSN definitely doesn't set the alarm bells ringing as much as some of the doomsday scenarios suggested on this thread would suggest. He talks about the possibility of selling players, but also the importance of staying in this division. His comments about a potential buyer giving money to prevent the sale of a certain player seemed very suggestive!

I may well be reading to much into it, but i don't think Victor is going anywhere. We may see someone go to cover immediate running costs etc. My guess would be Lee Hills or Danns, but purely a guess.

I think we will have more than enough to stay up.

Sussex Eagle
26-01-2010, 11:26 PM
can players refuse to be sold? possibly a silly question, but hey!
Of course they can refuse, you can't very well force somebody to sign a contract.

delboy01
26-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I may be wrong but I think under admin players can be released from contracts. We may see a number of fringe players go for zilch.

My guess would be carle and john for sure.

If Carle wants to play to get in the world cup squad he needs to sort something quick!!!

Also the staff will be asked to defer part of their wages. Say 25% until the admins see how the land lays/find a buyer.

CPFC_DAVE77
26-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I may be wrong but I think under admin players can be released from contracts. We may see a number of fringe players go for zilch.

My guess would be carle and john for sure.

If Carle wants to play to get in the world cup squad he needs to sort something quick!!!

Also the staff will be asked to defer part of their wages. Say 25% until the admins see how the land lays/find a buyer.

Carle wont be released we could get a fee for him even if it's as little as 50k, make him cheap enough and another CCC would gamble on him.

delboy01
26-01-2010, 11:43 PM

Makes no sense we would be relegated for sure. The admin has already said he does not want that.

delboy01
26-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Carle wont be released we could get a fee for him even if it's as little as 50k, make him cheap enough and another CCC would gamble on him.

Depends on his wages tbh. If he is on big money over 12 months thats a big saving.

Sussex Eagle
26-01-2010, 11:47 PM
From an article by our administrator Brendan Guilfoyle

"Any attempt to cancel or vary player's contracts is, in my experience, naive."

Dingle
26-01-2010, 11:51 PM
The spokesman for the administrators that is repeatedly on SSN definitely doesn't set the alarm bells ringing as much as some of the doomsday scenarios suggested on this thread would suggest. He talks about the possibility of selling players, but also the importance of staying in this division. His comments about a potential buyer giving money to prevent the sale of a certain player seemed very suggestive!

I may well be reading to much into it, but i don't think Victor is going anywhere. We may see someone go to cover immediate running costs etc. My guess would be Lee Hills or Danns, but purely a guess.

I think we will have more than enough to stay up.

Wow. That is encouraging. Fingers crossed!

Lion
26-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I would expect any club with a penny to their name and a fancy for one of our players will be in now.

For me following players and horrible feeling the following figures would be enough :(

Speroni - £500k
Clyne - £500k
Ambrose - £500k
Moses - <£1.5m
Hills - £200k
Danns - £400k

Sorry, but that is just tosh.

The administrations have to get the best possible price to pay back the creditors, so taking such low bids is not really an option that they are likely to go down.

Players up for sale - yes
Very cheap prices - I expect not.

TONBRIDGE EAGLE
26-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Administrator on 5 live said its a delicate balancing act. The players are valueable assets to attract buyers and if we are relegated it will make it more difficult to find a buyer.

He said they have a year to sort it out and they wont be making rash decissions.

Selling the list above would result in relegation and would not pay the debts thus the adminstrator would not have done a good job.

A buyer could pay off the secured debt and the unsecured at 35p in the pound and take over the club with a clean slate.

I don't blame SJ at all he did his best given the circumstances. Goldberg has the most to answer for.
I.M.O. Bloye and Noades have to shoulder the most blame.

Sick Bucket
27-01-2010, 12:04 AM
His comments about a potential buyer giving money to prevent the sale of a certain player seemed very suggestive!

WHOOOOO WHAT!? sorry I“m not in the uk so haven“t seen, read, heard anything other than what I“ve read on the BBS but the administrator said that on TV? If so that“s got to be massively encouraging, surely nobody would do that unless they were pretty sure they were about to step in would they?

dufski13
27-01-2010, 12:06 AM
I also blame Noades, it was nothing but unbridled greed on his behalf. He knew separating the club from the ground would only ever lead to trouble in the long term, but greed got the better of him.

sheepy
27-01-2010, 12:29 AM
In the semi deluded hope that what they say about securing new ownership is true then,

Danns,
Carle,
Ambrose
Speroni,
Lee,
Derry,
Hill,
Butterfield,

I think we may hang on to moses, clyne and scannell until the end of the season. They're all on lower wages so whilst they may bring in more money, keeping the club in the championship may be more of a priority. Getting players like Danns, Carle, Ambrose, Speroni, Derry and Lee and Butterfield who are the big wage earners off the books will be the key.

Obviously if this isn't possible in time frames then moses will disappear to subsidise the wages we're still paying. With him, Clyne and Scannell at the club there is still something left to buy that hopefully isn't increasing its debt. Getting the wage bill down is number one priority atm then finding funds to payoff creditors.

Edit: throw in Davis to the list of players being sold. Can't imagine he's cheap.

TheArtfulDodger
27-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Its horrific we even have to discus this but my guess would be ...

Moses
Scanell
Clyne
Ambrose
Carle
Danns

ugly and fat
27-01-2010, 01:55 AM
imo there are 2 possibility's;there is a buyer in waiting,and we "only" lose VM and stay in the division (as has been said before on this thread,the admin guy has said that he needs us in THIS division to be able to find a buyer)

the other (god forbid) is that we lose 4 more players and get relegated,then it would be almost impossible to find a buyer (if Jules goes goodbye div,cos we DONT have a fit senior back up keeper,and presunably wouldnt be able to get one in on loan?)

spt1978
27-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Wouldnt go getting your hopes up about admin not selling players, their responsibility to the creditors who appointed them and who are paying them. I imagine if they were to be seen not trying to secure player sales they could find themselves in hot water,especially given that if they dont sell by the end of the month they cant sell anyone until the summer.

All_Fired_Up
27-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Fair call spt,

I agree with others that speroni will not be sold, those that would I think are - Ambrose, Hills, Moses, Danns. Either way at the end of this week we will know and maybe, just maybe it won't be as bad as some are suggesting.

Eddie'S Dad
27-01-2010, 07:44 AM

So at 35p in the £ and debts of £30m (apparently) then someone could buy the Club for £10.5m and be free of all debts?

If someone could do that and retain the squad then we'd have a chance.

If the ground could be the ground could be picked up for £10m too then all of a sudden we're not such a bad proposition !

Palace Kebab
27-01-2010, 08:12 AM
WHOOOOO WHAT!? sorry I“m not in the uk so haven“t seen, read, heard anything other than what I“ve read on the BBS but the administrator said that on TV? If so that“s got to be massively encouraging, surely nobody would do that unless they were pretty sure they were about to step in would they?

Yes, to try and describe what he says more clearly, he basically turns to the interviewer and says. 'Say for example you were interested in buying the club and didn't want a particular player to be sold, if you were to give us money that player wouldn't be sold.'' Not an exact quote, but basically he was describing an alternative way of getting necessary income as an alternative to just player sales.

I reiterate, it may be nothing, but i just thought it was a strange thing for the administartor to come out with on TV, unless he believes that this kind of scenario may be realistic.

sydnsteve
27-01-2010, 11:37 AM
So at 35p in the £ and debts of £30m (apparently) then someone could buy the Club for £10.5m and be free of all debts?

If someone could do that and retain the squad then we'd have a chance.

If the ground could be the ground could be picked up for £10m too then all of a sudden we're not such a bad proposition !

You seriously think someone would pay £20 million for a loss making enerprise!

GodstoneEagle
27-01-2010, 12:26 PM
don't care who we lose if Julian stays.

Boyandy
27-01-2010, 12:32 PM
You seriously think someone would pay £20 million for a loss making enerprise!

It doesn't HAVE to be a loss making enterprise.

If the ground and club were reunited then that would be a start.

sydnsteve
27-01-2010, 12:39 PM
But it makes a loss currently, and we can't have a large wage bill. If you got it for free, fair enough, but why fork out £20 million for what will make a loss?

lightweight
27-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Administrator specifically didn't say that all players were up for sale at any price. As had been said - we need to aim to stay in the championship in order to be a good prospect for any buyer rather than a league 1 struggle with no players.

Walrus
27-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Although Moses would bring in the highest transfer fee (perhaps), he wouldn't neccessarily be the most efficient move out for the administrator.

Saleable players on high wages (Ambrose, at a guess) would generate income and reduce the running costs of the club by greater sums over time.

glaziers fan
27-01-2010, 01:33 PM
If someone offered £1m for Ambrose I'd take it. Goals yes, but a luxury for a relegation battle - he's still not producing in open play. I don't think he'd be worth more later and he's probably on high wages.
Carle should go to the highest bidder.
John should go.
Flahavan should go.
Lawrence should go.

Leaving us with:

Speroni

Hill
Paddy
Davis
Clyne

Derry
N'Diaye
Danns

Moses
Lee
Scannell

Subs:

Hills
Ertl
Butterfield
Andrew
(youngsters)

IT IS IMPORTANT WE HOLD ON TO EXPERIENCED DEFENDERS/DERRY TO AVOID RELEGATION.
IT IS IMPORTANT WE HOLD ON TO YOUNG ASSETS TO FIND A BUYER

Aaroncpfc
27-01-2010, 01:35 PM
We've only got a week to hold on so I expect we may be lucky and lose just Moses, Flahavan, John and Carle.

God knows how shit this summer could become mind you.

Kai
27-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Keeping Speroni should be paramount. With him we have a decent chance at avoiding the drop even if we lose Moses, Ambrose et al.

The administrator cannot just sell off players for fun. He'll have to make sure the creditors get as much of their money back as possible and he knows that keeping the team in the Championship is absolutely vital both for financial reasons and finding a new buyer.

It'll be interesting but some will have to be sold. A few players will be allowed to walk for nothing (John, Lee) but long-term injured ones like Paddy and Flahavan are impossible to sell so they'll stay till the summer. If they sell Speroni then Flahavan cannot be let go.

Scroatey
27-01-2010, 02:09 PM
At this point in time the administrators have to work very quickly to find the funds to tie us over for operating revenues to the August transfer window. The players some people are listing are not worth very much, I think it is vital for our survival that we sell a number of players for more than £1million, and sadly I doubt we will end up getting much over that for our most valuable assets - Moses, Clyne, Speroni - and in the £100,000s for Ambrose, Danns, and Carle.

We could even go back to Southampton and ask for another £100,000 and write off the other add-ons we included in the sale of Fonte.

Because we want money now, upfront, we will get less than the normal "package" in the sale of any player, including sadly Moses and co.

I think we have some harsh reality coming our way, the over-arching term "administration" means nothing until money starts coming in and existing costs start coming down, and how we achieve that will be tough, uncomfortable, and not a little scary.

sheepy
27-01-2010, 02:17 PM

Sadly I think Derry will be one of the first casualties. We need to start breaking even and the higher wage earners will be the first players to be pushed off the wage bill. Derry / Hill / Danns / Ambrose / Davis / Speroni - all players I make our top earners.

The younger players will be more likely to stay. Scannell, Clyne, Hills and N'Daiye will cost a lot less to keep hold of and as you said, make us a more attractive proposition. Although they may be able to bring in more money in transfer fees, hanging onto them and moving the high earners off will save the club more money and be more profitable.

I think the first priority needs to be getting our transfer embargoes lifted so we can bring in players on loan and low wage free transfers once the high earners have left. This is the only hope we have of staying up.

Kai
27-01-2010, 02:28 PM
As it it Agilo that have taken the club into administration, the main priority should be to make sure that they get get their money. I understand there's a huge bank overdraft as well as other debt but none of these have called upon administration, so if they manage to sell enough players to buy out Agilo then perhaps that's a way out of it?

RDSdaEAGLE
27-01-2010, 02:30 PM
If someone offered £1m for Ambrose I'd take it. Goals yes, but a luxury for a relegation battle - he's still not producing in open play. I don't think he'd be worth more later and he's probably on high wages.
John should go.
Flahavan should go.
Lawrence should go.

Leaving us with:

Speroni

Hill
Paddy
Davis
Clyne

Derry
N'Diaye
Danns

Moses
Lee
Scannell

Subs:

Hills
Ertl
Butterfield
Andrew
(youngsters)

Only problem is that the players you've listed for sale are barely getting much interest, whereas the players you want to keep are our most salable assets.

AJ
27-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Speroni is our only goalkeeper!! With the window about to close, it could be hard to replace him. Flahaven is injured. I suppose Charlie Mann could make the step up, but he is only 17 or 18 and ion goalkeeping years that is like playing a 12 year old forward.
Scannell, Flahaven and McCarthy are all injured, so, it's unlikely any of them will be sold.

If Palace can get over 1m for Moses, which I expect, then he may be the only one to go for money in this transfer window as I think 1m would see Palace through to the next transfer window. I think there will be some cost cutting and high earners like John, Davis, Derry and Carle may be released or loaned out.

But what do I know?

Eddie'S Dad
27-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Speroni is our only goalkeeper!! With the window about to close, it could be hard to replace him. Flahaven is injured. I suppose Charlie Mann could make the step up, but he is only 17 or 18 and ion goalkeeping years that is like playing a 12 year old forward.
Scannell, Flahaven and McCarthy are all injured, so, it's unlikely any of them will be sold.

If Palace can get over 1m for Moses, which I expect, then he may be the only one to go for money in this transfer window as I think 1m would see Palace through to the next transfer window. I think there will be some cost cutting and high earners like John, Davis, Derry and Carle may be released or loaned out.

But what do I know?

You don't have to knwo anything to post on here. .. just pretend that you do and all of a sudden hundreds of people amazingly seem to start beleiving you !

Scroatey
27-01-2010, 03:11 PM
As it it Agilo that have taken the club into administration, the main priority should be to make sure that they get get their money. I understand there's a huge bank overdraft as well as other debt but none of these have called upon administration, so if they manage to sell enough players to buy out Agilo then perhaps that's a way out of it?I don't think this is correct, there are several posts about stating that the administrators are now in place on behalf of everybody who is owed money.

CPFC_DAVE77
27-01-2010, 03:34 PM
John should go.
Flahavan should go.
Lawrence should go.

Leaving us with:

Speroni

Hill
Paddy
Davis
Clyne

Derry
N'Diaye
Danns

Moses
Lee
Scannell

Subs:

Hills
Ertl
Butterfield
Andrew
(youngsters)

I hate to say it mate but if you think Moses is staying now your deluded. And whatever squad we are left with Ertl will not be on the bench.

stinky
27-01-2010, 03:47 PM
John should go.
Flahavan should go.
Lawrence should go.

Leaving us with:

Speroni

Hill
Paddy
Davis
Clyne

Derry
N'Diaye
Danns

Moses
Lee
Scannell

Subs:

Hills
Ertl
Butterfield
Andrew
(youngsters)

Delusional

Unbelievable

Amazing

dufski13
27-01-2010, 04:01 PM
But it makes a loss currently, and we can't have a large wage bill. If you got it for free, fair enough, but why fork out £20 million for what will make a loss?

Because you believed that there was the basis for a reasonable business there, that could be turned round to a profit making venture by your plans.
For all that I've largely been supportive of Jordan, he has singularly failed to maximise revenue into the club. His general attitude toward the fans, who after all are his customers, was largely dismissive, & it wouldn't be too hard to make a case that the dwindling attendances are in good part due to Jordan's attitude & pricing structures. Add to that the still entirely innept catering facilities at the ground, poor marketing etc etc. I would imagine that there would be people who would look at Palace & see that with some investment & fresh thinking we could be established as a premiership team & making money.

pumaspalace
27-01-2010, 05:06 PM
If Speroni goes then we're down :(

Jesus-Gods son
27-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Leon cort has joined Burnley for 1.5m, do we have a sell on deal!!!

Glazier69
27-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Possible team for the rest of the season:

Anderson

Butterfield
McCarthy
Davis
Hill

Djilali
N'Diaye
Ertl
Cadogan

Andrew
Scannell

Comley
Pinney
Wynter
Youth
Youth
Youth
Youth

spt1978
27-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I wont be installing any FM 2010 transfer wondow update, thats for sure.

BulletEagle
27-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Agreed.

BulletEagle
27-01-2010, 09:32 PM

But Moses was never any good for me anyway.

AJ
27-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't think this is correct, there are several posts about stating that the administrators are now in place on behalf of everybody who is owed money.

Which includes Jordan:eek:

whereEaglesFly
27-01-2010, 09:58 PM
But Moses was never any good for me anyway.
I would be more worried about the minus ten

spt1978
27-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I shouldnt really be joking about it but better than the alternative.

chatham_eagle
27-01-2010, 10:13 PM

:D

I can't bare to play it anymore, if only real life were so easy...

AJ
28-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I noticed in the rumours on the BBC website that Fulham have failed in their bid to sign a Swiss striker, Tottenham are looking for a backup goalkeeper and WHU are mad as they lost out on a striker.
Nothing about Palace players, but, with the window nearing an end and while some clubs are desperate to buy, others are not so desperate to sell, buying Palace players may become somewhat easier. We could see a lot before the window closes on Monday.

917L
28-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Delusional

Unbelievable

Amazing

But entirely predictable

nomad
28-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Possible team for the rest of the season:

Anderson

Butterfield
McCarthy
Davis
Hill

Djilali
N'Diaye
Ertl
Cadogan

Andrew
Scannell

Comley
Pinney
Wynter
Youth
Youth
Youth
Youth

McCarthy, Davis, Ertl and Scammell are injured so I think you may have to rethink your team.

p.s. send your e-mails to Agilo telling them what you think of them. Parasites.

Diehard
29-01-2010, 08:40 AM
On the one hand - it would be good for the fans and the chance of staying up if none of the top players went but on the other hand we could face extinction if insufficient money is raised......what a terrible choice :sob:

I was gutted when Fonte left, Moses is fine with me as he was always going to go at some point to progress his career but when players like Speroni, Derry and Danns go, my chin will hit the floor....:(

I am surprised 2 or 3 deals haven't been done already???? As they haven't one has to assume that we will get less and less money for them as the deadline approaches.......the EVERYTHING MUST GO ! signs are effectively now being put up around the ground......terrible, just terrible....:sob:

sw16girl
29-01-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't think this is correct, there are several posts about stating that the administrators are now in place on behalf of everybody who is owed money.

They are - however Agilo are at the front of the queue as their debt is secured - they have to be paid first before anyone else.

and if I had to say who is going I would say

VM
Danns
Lee
Ambrose (possibly)

The fact the deals haven't been done yet is not too bad - people do know that VM is going and going for a reasonable amount - that will make our position less precarious and enable more bargaining to be done on any other sales.

I anticipate problems shifting Carle and John due to their current wages.

Mad Raschic Ken
29-01-2010, 09:09 AM
They are - however Agilo are at the front of the queue as their debt is secured - they have to be paid first before anyone else.

and if I had to say who is going I would say

VM
Danns
Lee
Ambrose (possibly)

The fact the deals haven't been done yet is not too bad - people do know that VM is going and going for a reasonable amount - that will make our position less precarious and enable more bargaining to be done on any other sales.

I anticipate problems shifting Carle and John due to their current wages.

I think I read a comment from a Bradford fan somewhere that Bradford had an Agilo equivalent who thought they had a debt secured on the playing staff, but that it turned out not to be the case due to League rules and they had to join the queue with the rest. Any chance of that in our case or is this different?

Mad Raschic Ken
29-01-2010, 09:11 AM
This was it:

Greetings from a Bradford City fan; I feel your pain!
We've been in admin twice since 2002 so welcome to the club. The thing is is that it has been stated that Agilo has a charge over player contracts and we had all this nonsense with our first admin. What emerged then, and still holds as far as I know, is that under FA rules only clubs or the FA can hold player registrations and its not possible for players' contracts to be owned by third parties therefore they cannot be held as security against a loan.
The german insurance company Gerling thought they owned some of our player's contracts, and Leeds and Leicester had similar issues. At the time the Football League strengthened their rules and the issue resurfarced with the Tevez/Mascherano/ West Ham business. I wrote about it here http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/00000006DA2F.htm.
Good luck with your struggle!

Niel Smillie
29-01-2010, 09:45 AM
This is the thing that keeps worrying me, third party ownership.
As we are skint they surely could not fine us, but could deduct further points.
If this Agilo deal does fall into this category, then I hope it was done prior to the league bringing in the rules on third party ownership.

Gladys Allover
29-01-2010, 10:14 AM
p.s. send your e-mails to Agilo telling them what you think of them. Parasites. They are owed £5m by Jordan and want it back before it becomes £500,000 on 10pm in the pound administration - parasites - don't think so. They are not to blame for this mess, our chairman has gambled our future and got it wrong, the blame lies at his door.

Cleon
29-01-2010, 01:02 PM
our chairman has gambled our future and got it wrong, the blame lies at his door.

Under pressure from fans who expect a lot.

Glazier69
29-01-2010, 01:54 PM
They are not to blame for this mess, our chairman has gambled our future and got it wrong, the blame lies at his door.

He saved the club with his own money 11 years ago, so he is entitled to gamble to get some of it back or at least not lose even more.

old git
29-01-2010, 01:54 PM
They are owed £5m by Jordan and want it back before it becomes £500,000 on 10pm in the pound administration - parasites - don't think so. They are not to blame for this mess, our chairman has gambled our future and got it wrong, the blame lies at his door.
They knew the term's and the state of our finance's.They also took a gamble and I sincerely hope that get as little as possible.

sw16girl
29-01-2010, 03:34 PM
This was it:

Greetings from a Bradford City fan; I feel your pain!
We've been in admin twice since 2002 so welcome to the club. The thing is is that it has been stated that Agilo has a charge over player contracts and we had all this nonsense with our first admin. What emerged then, and still holds as far as I know, is that under FA rules only clubs or the FA can hold player registrations and its not possible for players' contracts to be owned by third parties therefore they cannot be held as security against a loan.
The german insurance company Gerling thought they owned some of our player's contracts, and Leeds and Leicester had similar issues. At the time the Football League strengthened their rules and the issue resurfarced with the Tevez/Mascherano/ West Ham business. I wrote about it here http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/00000006DA2F.htm.
Good luck with your struggle!

The point here is that Agilo have obviously thought of that and what has been charged is not the contracts themselves but the proceeds of sale from those contracts.

sydnsteve
29-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Precisely. No third party ownership of the players, but they take the money for them being sold if the debt defaults.
What a mess

Sandowneagle
29-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Offers in for
Moses
Lee
Danns
Ambrose

SW16girl clearly very well connected or a very lucky guess! From what I am told if all 4 are sold and agree to go it still doesn't reach the amount that Agilo want as need to pay wages and money owed to other clubs.

Stavros 69
29-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Oh jesus

Sandowneagle
29-01-2010, 04:09 PM
and probably only one of them heading for the Premiership

Beckenham Boy
29-01-2010, 04:09 PM
shit

Beckenham Boy
29-01-2010, 04:11 PM
expect the administrator to pull all 4 from tomorrows squad then...

Coveta
29-01-2010, 04:16 PM

Any player with an offer in will NOT be playing for us again

sydnsteve
29-01-2010, 04:20 PM
This just gets worse. I think we could have managed without Moses, but if those other 3 go we are totally ****ed. Not even NW will keep us up with that squad.
There cannot be anyone in the wings for an offer, or they'd be talking now. This is a real pisser. All we can hope is that someone comes in and offers half what Moses is worth in the next 2 days.
I'd guess it is Ambrose going to the Prem (which would be even more bizarre) Hull I suppose.

trufan
29-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I thought the Administrator recognised the only remaining value in the club lay in our membership of the Championship? This sort of stuff looks extremely short-sighted, to say the least. Unless, of course, there IS no buyer . . .

Sandowneagle
29-01-2010, 04:24 PM
This just gets worse. I think we could have managed without Moses, but if those other 3 go we are totally ****ed. Not even NW will keep us up with that squad.
There cannot be anyone in the wings for an offer, or they'd be talking now. This is a real pisser.

I have a feeling 1 of those 4 will stay as he will look at it and go why should I move. For what it is worth, I think that is Danns.

Beckenham Boy
29-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I thought the Administrator recognised the only remaining value in the club lay in our membership of the Championship? This sort of stuff looks extremely short-sighted, to say the least. Unless, of course, there IS no buyer . . .

To be fair, these are offers from clubs for players, it is not the administrator and it does not mean they will be accepted. Warnock met with the administrator and pleaded that Danns and Ambrose were not sold. The Administrators hands are likely to be tied of course.

Beckenham Boy
I have a feeling 1 of those 4 will stay as he will look at it and go why should I move. For what it is worth, I think that is Danns.

Is it an offer by Plymouth as predicted

Sandowneagle

Read the administration thread. Agilo don't care about selling the club, they just want their money back which they get from selling the players. FACT.

ANDYEAGLE
29-01-2010, 04:34 PM

Well we know Moses won't be playing,but I expect the others will be unless there has been an acceptable offer for one of them.
The points tomorrow are vital at this stage.

Stellavista
29-01-2010, 04:40 PM

That'd be good.
Danns is the one of the four, given the circumstances, that I would hope we retained.

Gollum
29-01-2010, 04:46 PM
My guess would be that Southampton have bid for Danns. Hence Sandown's view that Dann's wouldn't want to drop a league.
Plymouth in for Lee ?

jordanismygod
29-01-2010, 04:47 PM
That'd be good.
Danns is the one of the four, given the circumstances, that I would hope we retained.

True
I know ambrose brings goals but if we lose him, moses and lee i feel we may just stay up.
I have a feeling one or two fringe players will really step up. Djilali being one of them.

Big Blue Eagle
29-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Read the administration thread. Agilo don't care about selling the club, they just want their money back which they get from selling the players. FACT.

True - but the Adminstrator, while being appointed by them, now has a duty to all the creditors which means getting the best price possible and hence retaining value?

Stellavista
29-01-2010, 05:00 PM
the best price possible

You answered your own question......

AJ
29-01-2010, 05:02 PM
There cannot be anyone in the wings for an offer, or they'd be talking now. This is a real pisser. All we can hope is that someone comes in and offers half what Moses is worth in the next 2 days.
I'd guess it is Ambrose going to the Prem (which would be even more bizarre) Hull I suppose.

I feel your pain, but, I think you underestimate Neil Warnock and some of the fringe players. The biggest problem I see will be goals, as Ambrose, Moses, Danns and Lee seem to be the only ones on the scoresheet. With these 4 players missing, Palace will lose more frequently, especially to the top 6/8, compared to the very good record we have against these teams. Each game will have to be our cup final, but, I think there are a lot of very good youngsters and as long as they don't lose confidence I am hopefully, they, with a strong defence(notice no bids for defenders received yet) we can scrape enough wins and draws to stay up.
On a tactical point though, if Hills and Clyne remain and play as FBs we could see a very different Palace team, with the 2 attacking from the back.

sydnsteve
29-01-2010, 05:03 PM
No-one can make anyone move. I think Lee would be the biggest loss, I've been really impressed with him, and can't see John or Andrew taking his place.
And AJ I hope you are right. It is such a choker, as I really think with our first 11 we could have gone up. I've seen no-one to scare us in this div. Let's get behind the team on Sat.

AJ
29-01-2010, 05:09 PM
No-one can make anyone move. I think Lee would be the biggest loss, I've been really impressed with him, and can't see John or Andrew taking his place.
And AJ I hope you are right. It is such a choker, as I really think with our first 11 we could have gone up. I've seen no-one to scare us in this div. Let's get behind the team on Sat.

I think the team NW assembled is one of the best in years and I too think we were on for promotion. AND I STILL DO :p

If the Lee bid is from Plymouth I can't see it happening. Lee has recently moved back to East Anglia on the clubs insistence and NW thinks that has focused his mind more. I doubt he would want to be commuting from Plymouth or living that far from his "home".

Eddie'S Dad
29-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Well we know Moses won't be playing.

I hope that Moses is there tomorrow to wave goodbye.
He'll get an amazing reception.

Big Blue Eagle
29-01-2010, 05:14 PM
You answered your own question......

Eh? I meant best price possible for the club and hence the best return for all creditors, which means a CCC club not a League 1 club.

Big Blue Eagle
29-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I feel your pain, but, I think you underestimate Neil Warnock and some of the fringe players. The biggest problem I see will be goals, as Ambrose, Moses, Danns and Lee seem to be the only ones on the scoresheet. With these 4 players missing, Palace will lose more frequently, especially to the top 6/8, compared to the very good record we have against these teams. Each game will have to be our cup final, but, I think there are a lot of very good youngsters and as long as they don't lose confidence I am hopefully, they, with a strong defence(notice no bids for defenders received yet) we can scrape enough wins and draws to stay up.
On a tactical point though, if Hills and Clyne remain and play as FBs we could see a very different Palace team, with the 2 attacking from the back.

I said on another thread that Warnock would have told the Admin that if players had to go, the area we had most depth was midfield, plus probably one too many tall striker now John is back - hence that list is logical, and manageable

Sandowneagle
29-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Also just heard offer in for Hills for £175k to Swansea. Not from my usual source but guy would know.

glaziers fan
29-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Also just heard offer in for Hills for £175k to Swansea. Not from my usual source but guy would know.

See ya

Beckenham Boy
29-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Blimey this is going to get really bad next few days

Jim Cannon
29-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Blimey this is going to get really bad next few days
Nutshell. In a :( :sob:

sydnsteve
29-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Now that would be a silly price, so will probably happen

What?
29-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Hopefully most of the deals will be held off until Monday, but on Saturday all the potential investors are there, see an amazing performance from players and fans alike and buy the club on Sunday.

selhurst cookie
29-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Hopefully most of the deals will be held off until Monday, but on Saturday all the potential investors are there, see an amazing performance from players and fans alike and buy the club on Sunday.
hopefully but wont happen :veryangry

917L
29-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Thats really taking the piss

davematt
29-01-2010, 06:46 PM

Thats really taking the piss

Is it really though? Lets be honest, Hills hasn't exactly done much. His performances in the first team have always been a bit sketchy going by what people say on here. I wouldnt expect us to get much for him anyway, even if we werent in admin.

Niel Smillie
29-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I am just getting a little concerned that there has been no done deals yet.
The administrator said on talksport, that he needed to raise 4 million just to keep the club alive until the end of the season.
I can't believe I am saying this, but for gods sake sell someone.

pauldrulez
29-01-2010, 06:54 PM
See ya
I'm probably the one that dislikes Hills the most, but he is worth more than that.

And what do you propose to replace him with?

jordanismygod
29-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Is it really though? Lets be honest, Hills hasn't exactly done much. His performances in the first team have always been a bit sketchy going by what people say on here. I wouldnt expect us to get much for him anyway, even if we werent in admin.

Yep. I would expect 300K at best

Fred Dawes
29-01-2010, 11:12 PM
not aloud to speak your mind on here anymore all the Moderators are *****

Fred Dawes
29-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Im convinced this site is run by Jordan and his little Brother thanks for ruining our club you only used it because you were media crazy !!!!!!!!!!!! truth be known you bottled it

delboy01
29-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I hope at least one of the players that have bids in for them 'fail to agree personal terms' and decide to stay at palace.

No matter what happens these guys are going to get another club for sure, so why go in a panic sale if they can't better what they have now.

If we one of them does do it what a hero he would be!!!!!! :love:

Gooders
29-01-2010, 11:41 PM

If they are all sold, I agree - we will go down, and that will be that.

And if I was Warnock, I'd leave - he doesn't need this at his time of life.

AJ
29-01-2010, 11:49 PM

Borrowdales fee was set at something like 600k by the tribrunial...175k is a piss take and it makes me mad and they know it.

ANDYEAGLE
29-01-2010, 11:56 PM
If they are all sold, I agree - we will go down, and that will be that.

And if I was Warnock, I'd leave - he doesn't need this at his time of life.

Do any of us need it at our time of our lives? There is no way we will lose all those players. If we do Warnock will stay and we can still stay up:p

Seaside Eagle
30-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I might be dreaming, but... Isn't the transfer window nearly over?

We haven't actually sold anyone apart from Fonte yet?

Mickey Gilley
30-01-2010, 08:06 AM
We'll soon find out if the administrator's plan is to demand reasonable fees in an attempt to make more money or if Moses aside he will just accept anything for anyone. Hope to God its not the latter.

Casablancas
30-01-2010, 08:16 AM
I have to agree with Niel and Seaside - its sad, but in our position we need to see some sales go through now... there's only a few days left in the window and we need enough money to survive. I'd have expected much more to have happened by now.

Maybe we'll be hit hard come Monday. Or perhaps the administrator's gone all red-and-blue starry-eyed with dreams of a cup-run, and has postponed sorting this mess out until after our inevitable Wembley glory? ;)

RUSSELL
30-01-2010, 08:22 AM
I might be dreaming, but... Isn't the transfer window nearly over?

It closes 5pm on Monday

Cleon
30-01-2010, 08:22 AM
I am just getting a little concerned that there has been no done deals yet.
The administrator said on talksport, that he needed to raise 4 million just to keep the club alive until the end of the season.
I can't believe I am saying this, but for gods sake sell someone.

Yeah, and most of that is owed to his paymaster Agillo. C U N T S.

I see no point in selling players like Hills for peanuts, he's hardly going to dent the debt and is presumably on low/fair & reasonable wages.

dibble
30-01-2010, 08:25 AM
He has played for two clubs this season already. Surely he is not permitted to play for a third?

disco mixx kidd
30-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Good point

BulletEagle
30-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Who? Hills?

I really don't think anybody will be sold for silly money, and I am starting to doubt many more will be sold at all.

Touch wood.

CPFC_flake
30-01-2010, 08:22 PM
there's only a few days left in the window and we need enough money to survive. I'd have expected much more to have happened by now.

I think that all the clubs wanting to make bids will leave it as late as possible to make sure they get there players for as cheap as possible, as they know we cant refuse.

jams1234
30-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Im convinced this site is run by Jordan and his little Brother thanks for ruining our club you only used it because you were media crazy !!!!!!!!!!!! truth be known you bottled it
Spot on mate.

James obviously Simon Jordan, he had us all fooled aswell...

jams1234
30-01-2010, 08:28 PM
You have the powers of the Jedi, sir :p

mushroom
30-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I can't believe Moses has gone....

mushroom
30-01-2010, 08:43 PM
...to Wigan

Kai
30-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Sad if true.

French Eagle
30-01-2010, 08:50 PM
He hasn't yet. Arsenal late bidders

mushroom
30-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Maybe Warnock is trying to flush out other bidders by revealing he is on the verge of signing for Wigan

Young Trolley
30-01-2010, 11:15 PM
He hasn't yet. Arsenal late bidders

In your dreams or do you actually know that for sure?? :eek:

BulletEagle
30-01-2010, 11:17 PM
In his dreams probably.

Spikemeister
31-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Stern John is back.
With John and Andrew as options up front, seems pretty likely that a bid for Alan Lee will be accepted.

The Gerry Queen
31-01-2010, 10:20 AM
If Moses is going for £2.5m and Clyne for £1m then we are only £500k away from the top end of the Aministrator's target of £3m to £4m to see us through to the end of the season and presumably pay Agilo back the extra £1m they have just lent us. They arnen't due their £5.5m till the CVA and conclusion of the administration with a sale of the Club.
We may net some money in lieu of selling Spurs the remaining clauses in Bostock's transfer deal which will leave us needing to sell a fringe player ( John ?) probably to hit the target. That will leave us with the largest part of the squad still in place which is a big improvement on our last admin both in terms of quantity as welll as quality.

Ralph
31-01-2010, 10:28 AM
That will leave us with the largest part of the squad still in place which is a big improvement on our last admin both in terms of quantity as welll as quality.

and cue late bids for Speroni, Ambrose, Danns, Hill, Hills, John, Butterfield, Scannell, Djalili and Flahavan.

I wonder what Fernando De Ornelas and Jose Antunes Fumaca are up to these days??

sw16girl
31-01-2010, 10:28 AM
If Moses is going for £2.5m and Clyne for £1m then we are only £500k away from the top end of the Aministrator's target of £3m to £4m to see us through to the end of the season and presumably pay Agilo back the extra £1m they have just lent us. They arnen't due their £5.5m till the CVA and conclusion of the administration with a sale of the Club.
We may net some money in lieu of selling Spurs the remaining clauses in Bostock's transfer deal which will leave us needing to sell a fringe player ( John ?) probably to hit the target. That will leave us with the largest part of the squad still in place which is a big improvement on our last admin both in terms of quantity as welll as quality.

I am afraid that is wrong - as Agilo are secured they are entitled to the £4.5/£5.5m immediately without having to wait for a CVA of having to worry about the sale of the club - that is what being secured means.

Jason
31-01-2010, 10:33 AM
De Ornleas is playing in Norway, and Fumaca in the German lower leagues

Jason
31-01-2010, 10:35 AM
I am afraid that is wrong - as Agilo are secured they are entitled to the £4.5/£5.5m immediately without having to wait for a CVA of having to worry about the sale of the club - that is what being secured means.

Presumably then, this means that the administrator will just keep selling until either 1) Agilo are paid off, or 2), there is nobody left of value to sell

LeeH
31-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm seeing this as whatever money is raised from player sales before Tuesday will be used to service our debt to Agilo. The administrator will then set about the business of trying to get a buyer ASAP.

If that's an accurate picture (a guess on my part) then I'm taking another guess that whatever we would normally be paying to Agilo to service our debt in some way would be used towards operating costs (??)

Of course, I'm probably wrong :D

Ralph
31-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I would hope our friendly administrator has already agreed with Agilo to payback the debt as part of a new owners buyout. Hence the fee to remove us from Admin will be atleast the value of this debt. There aren't enough value assets to both payback Agilo and run the club til the summer.

swissroll
31-01-2010, 10:52 AM
As Agilo have put a million in to keep the club running and I've no idea how long that will last for, with the transfer window shutting tomorrow it rather suggests they intend getting some of their money back now, running the club till seasons end an either a) getting the buyer that gets the rest of the money or b) er

lets hope its a).

sw16girl
31-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Presumably then, this means that the administrator will just keep selling until either 1) Agilo are paid off, or 2), there is nobody left of value to sell

The FL are key to this - they need to hold onto some of the transfer fees and release them during the rest of the season to allow the club to continue. Pay them all stragiht over and there has to be a change that Agilo will walk with there money leaving the club so deep in the mire it is difficult to see what might be done to save it.

The Gerry Queen
31-01-2010, 10:58 AM

Oh bugger. I'm no financial expert but I thought that having gone into administration, the process was that secured creditors still had to wait for a CVA but got first preference from a CVA once it had been agreed.Other posters have queried the purpose for the Administrator's £4m target , namely whether it is to provide income for the club for 3 months or to enable Agilo to get their money back. Given what you have said then the answer is presumably both as Agilo then recieve part of their due payment and the Club continues to be able to pay wages and function for the rest of the season until the new buyer arrives ?

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 11:03 AM
The FL are key to this - they need to hold onto some of the transfer fees and release them during the rest of the season to allow the club to continue. Pay them all stragiht over and there has to be a change that Agilo will walk with there money leaving the club so deep in the mire it is difficult to see what might be done to save it.

It is all very confusing. It is not a straight situation where as a secured creditor Agilo would normally get all the funds coming from Player sales.
The Administrator has said we need 4 million to keep us going to the end of the season and in theory we owe 5.5 million to Agilo with the extra million.
Agilos charge is against the player sales,but after Monday there will be none.
Surely any income them like for a good cup run they would not have first call over. NW seems to think Agilo have shot themselves in the foot. why?
It seem the football leaque as you say are the key in this.

Kaberle15
31-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Theres an exceptional amount of unneccessary negativity on this thread.

Sure we will probably lose a couple of players, but has anyone stopped to look at the state of this transfer window?

No-one is spending any money, and it makes no sense to just flog all our players for whatever derisory offer may come in.

People suggesting 5 or so players going is ridiculous imo. Theres no market for it.

And while I'm on it, Speroni is an excellent keeper, but I'd be shocked if he goes. Few teams address goalkeeping mid-season.

But why don't people just wait and see who is still around on Monday evening, rather than convincing themselves that everyone is going.

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 11:22 AM
It is not about the number of players to be sold. Iis about the 4 million fiqure the Admin has said we need to get us through. Maybe this is flexible,but at the moment we need another 1.5 million.

Ralph
31-01-2010, 11:24 AM
And while I'm on it, Speroni is an excellent keeper, but I'd be shocked if he goes. Few teams address goalkeeping mid-season.

Although some well run Premier League club could think £500k for a quality keeper now is better than £1.5M should we have new owners. After all Stoke have been after a new keeper for months.

swissroll
31-01-2010, 11:35 AM
A quick guess suggests that £4mill is needed to pay players salaries until the summer.

Then theres the £4 mill to Agilo due now. The revenue were owed money but now ringfenced off for a year. Not sure where Fontes money went

I doubt theres too much revenue due Palace for the rest of the season probably enough to cover operating costs outside of salaries

I guess we had better hope Agilo are happy to wait for some of their dosh with a bit of profit on a sale of the club.

Really does suggest Jordan had bet the bank on a promotion end of season.

The Gerry Queen
31-01-2010, 11:41 AM

Brendon Guilfoyle is meeting with the FL on Wednesday apparantly. Hopefully many BBS'ers and Trust members have written to the FL ,as suggested by you, to get them to hold onto transfer funds to spread them evenly in payments back to us over the next three months with the expressed intention of funding the Club and enabling it to complete it's fixture programme ( eg to have a team capable of competing in this fixtures and as Guilfoyle has said to protect our Championship status and League membership) Given the Club's legal committment to the FL and Agilo's minority status as a secured creditor to the Club I am hopeful that the FL will not imperil us and will take the action you outlin.
Let's hope that Agilo don't try to bully the FL into handing all the money over in one lump sum.As Warnock has said, it may well not be in their interests to do so.
Finally, although I am resisting joining in the blame game right now, what the hell was Simon Jordan thinking when he brought this nasty company into the heart of our Club's operation? It seems to me to be the rash action of a rather desperate person. I hope his faculties have returned to him sufficiently when he comes to consider his position with the coming CVA ?

EdMan
31-01-2010, 11:48 AM
everyone keeps referring to Agilo, but who the hell are they? theres obviously real people behind the business. have they managed to stay totally anonymous?

because really, what sort of idiot would force CPFC into receivership just a few days before the window closed, thus putting us on the back foot in any transfer negotiations?

Diehard
31-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Is the HMRO not also owed £1m - are they not a secured creditor too? I heard we had an adjournment of our hearing but how long for?

The reason there are so many negative comments on these boards is due to the revelations as to just how much we owe and the timescale in which we have to raise it. Add to this the fact that we,as fans, cannot hope to raise such money its surely beyond us, so, unless a buyer comes along soon we really do face a risk of not being able to fulfill our fixtures.

Ralph
31-01-2010, 12:00 PM
If Jordan had put us in to Administration at the time he borrowed from Agilo [instead of borrowing from Agilo] we would be in a far better Administration status than we are now. Surviving through to the other side of Administration is largely dependent on Agilo's willingness to play ball.

Failure to come out of this with a football club and its League status will lay solely at the door of Simon Jordan. Anything above that is pure generosity on the side of our creditors.

What?
31-01-2010, 03:47 PM
How much do you reckon we could get for the cheerleaders?

cranesparkeagle
31-01-2010, 05:05 PM
24 hours and counting down. One thought. If in the administrators view we haven't raised enough from sales presumably some of squad will go on loan to take their wages off our books

What?
31-01-2010, 07:37 PM
At least if they go on loan we know we can get them back once we are owned by billionaires.

howard
31-01-2010, 08:01 PM
To answer the original question;

Clyne, Lee,Hills will probably go. The only one we must hold on to is Julian, we will be well fecked without him.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day!

Big Blue Eagle
31-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh bugger. I'm no financial expert but I thought that having gone into administration, the process was that secured creditors still had to wait for a CVA but got first preference from a CVA once it had been agreed.Other posters have queried the purpose for the Administrator's £4m target , namely whether it is to provide income for the club for 3 months or to enable Agilo to get their money back. Given what you have said then the answer is presumably both as Agilo then recieve part of their due payment and the Club continues to be able to pay wages and function for the rest of the season until the new buyer arrives ?

That was my understanding as well, not doubting you Leslie but do Agilo definitely get cash immediately? If so - why is Guilfoyle talking about cash to the end of the season? £4m doesn't clear the Agilo debt.

Shipp Ahoy!
31-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Speroni - £500k
Clyne - £500k
Ambrose - £500k
Moses - <£1.5m
Hills - £200k
Danns - £400k

Wow was I being half empty that day :eek:

Revising this:

Moses - £2.5m (obviously)
Ambrose - £1m
Clyne - £1.2m

I think that will be it, however selling prices I think if the others were to go would be:

Speroni - £1.5m
Danns - £1m
Hills - £300k

The Gerry Queen
31-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Wow was I being half empty that day :eek:

Revising this:

Moses - £2.5m (obviously)
Ambrose - £1m
Clyne - £1.2m

I think that will be it, however selling prices I think if the others were to go would be:

Speroni - £1.5m
Danns - £1m
Hills - £300k

I think your valuations fit the current situation. However, Warnock has pleaded with Guilfoyle not to sell Ambrose and Danns. Your figure for three departures adds up to £4.7m. Guilfoyle, on Friday, was looking for a figure between £3m and £4m. Therefore isn't it more likely that maybe Hills and not Ambrose will be the third to go making a total sale of exactly £4m ?
Also, if fringe players like Stern John could be off loaded for say his remaining contract value at £70k or even Nick Carle for £350k or Daryl Flahavan for £200k then we could still have a first team line up of

Speroni

Butterfield
Davis
Hill
Hills

Ertl
Derry
Danns
Ambrose

Lee
Scannell or Andrew

subs

Charlie Mann
McCarthy
Lawrence
Dijillali
Scannell or Andrew
Cadogan
Pinney

That's not a team bound for League One I think

SEEPEEEFFSEE
31-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm avoiding this site like the plague tomorrow. I'll be logging in at 5.01 pm to see what damage has been done.

saul1664
31-01-2010, 09:39 PM
A quick guess suggests that £4mill is needed to pay players salaries until the summer.

Then theres the £4 mill to Agilo due now. The revenue were owed money but now ringfenced off for a year. Not sure where Fontes money went

I doubt theres too much revenue due Palace for the rest of the season probably enough to cover operating costs outside of salaries

I guess we had better hope Agilo are happy to wait for some of their dosh with a bit of profit on a sale of the club.

Really does suggest Jordan had bet the bank on a promotion end of season.

Fonte went for 400K. 800K were add ons, none of which we will ever see.

sw16girl
31-01-2010, 09:51 PM
That was my understanding as well, not doubting you Leslie but do Agilo definitely get cash immediately? If so - why is Guilfoyle talking about cash to the end of the season? £4m doesn't clear the Agilo debt.

I have checked this with people who very definitely do know and they have all assured me that Agilo not only get their money first but are obliged to be given their money first unless they agree to waive that right. On that basis putting the club into administration does make sense from Agilo's point of view.

winston the dog
31-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm avoiding this site like the plague tomorrow. I'll be logging in at 5.01 pm to see what damage has been done.

yep... this is getting very depressing indeed, esp after reading sw16 's post just above mine.

I've joined the trust, and look forward very much to my upcoming trip home for two games... that said i'm terrified as to what i'll find when i get there.

Eagle Andy
31-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Just adding my thoughts and fears and see how this goes tomorrow. Obviously I don't want any to go, but:

Moses - going for £2.5m - glad he's gone to the premiership and will get a few games. I'd be gutted if he ended up at Spurs or still in the championship. And £2.5m is the best we could hope for. He's a player with potential to be world class, but has also been inconsistent at times

Clyne - I'd be happy for £1m for a player who has only been around 1 year. He does have the potential to be another Ashley Cole but then might not fulfil that. We have Butterfield who's been holding the right back place on merit

Carle - would love to get the £1m back but could get around £300-500k. For a player who's struggled to make it on the bench it would be good money and least impact to the team. I'd be gutted as was so excited when he joined

Lee / John - doubt we'd get much but both will on by higher wages and don't think we need both with Andrew as back up

Ambrosse - part of me would be happy with £1m, even if just to annoy the Clowns who let him go on a free

That's it. I'd be too gutted if anyone else left.

Danns has been awesome and we need someone to score the goals. He loves it at Palace and doubt we'd get what he's worth to us. It's my biggest fear about tomorrow.

Speroni is top class but there doesn't seem to be much interest. We don't have another goalkeeper so I think even the administrators will see it's vital he stays.

Hill / Derry / Butterfield / Scannell / Hills / others - I can't see any bids coming in that would make much difference to the debt but the impact to the team would be huge. We don't have a big squad as it is so these going could be fatal to our season. Everyone has been playing out of their skin recently you couldn't pick one player that you'd like to see go. It's just a strange blessing that McCarthy is injured as he would be worth a decent amount!

I also fear that Warnock could go and that would be the biggest loss. I think he's happy to fight now but if they start to chip away at his backroom staff he was be forced to go with his mates. I never thought I'd ever sing his team but I was yesterday, such is my admiration for the job he's doing at Palace....

AJ
31-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I have checked this with people who very definitely do know and they have all assured me that Agilo not only get their money first but are obliged to be given their money first unless they agree to waive that right. On that basis putting the club into administration does make sense from Agilo's point of view.

If that is true(and I am not doubting you) we are truly fecked as the Administrators rule is to simply repay Aglio. I can't see the point in this though(from a legal position) as there is zero protection for the company in this situation. Also, it would mean that the administrator could simply walk away once Aglio had been paid, leaving the company(in this case Palace) where???

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 10:27 PM

If that is the case why is the Administrator saying he needs 4 million to get us through the season unless he has done deal with Agilo on a large percentage of that amount.

disco mixx kidd
31-01-2010, 11:46 PM
This is getting beyond silly, we're in bed with the devil

eagle-leg
01-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Didn't work out too badly huh.... :)

I would hate to live in some of your jar half empty worlds!