PDA

View Full Version : Victor Moses signs for Wigan (official)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Eagle09
30-01-2010, 09:09 PM
http://www.sportcroydon.co.uk/headlines/Palace-accept-Wigan-bid-Moses/article-1782863-detail/article.html

Kipungu
30-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Wigan? WIGAN? what a waste. Hopefully he'll stand out amongst the rest and have arsenal sniffing at the door. Im assuming we dont get loan back?

palacemaniac
30-01-2010, 09:49 PM
:-(

prizesucker
30-01-2010, 09:50 PM
So Watson in midfield with Sinclair and Moses on each wing.....

I'm sure i've seen that before somewhere...... hmmmm

davemorris04
30-01-2010, 09:51 PM
FOAD Wigan!!

hughff
30-01-2010, 10:17 PM
AATOT and wrong forum...

but 2.5M is 1M more than previous bids so this is, disappointing as it may seem, a good thing

cranesparkeagle
30-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I suppose it makes a dent. Doesn't half stick in the throat though

rhiannapaul
30-01-2010, 10:46 PM
this is a p iss take , we are being raped its a ffin joke,the fa should do something about this type of robbery

David Amsalem
30-01-2010, 10:53 PM
At £2.5m, maybe I'm being naive, but I suspect that we'll see a bigger club come in for him at the eleventh hour.

mikeymini
30-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Not a good move for Victor, far away from home and in Ben Watson's footsteps. Needs someone good to get the best out of him. We have probably had a England international more recently than Wigan

Riccardo
30-01-2010, 10:58 PM
At £2.5m, maybe I'm being naive, but I suspect that we'll see a bigger club come in for him at the eleventh hour.

Hope so...then again, let's get real.

Wigan are in the Premiership. Martinez is a good young manager, and Victor would have some pretty decent players playing around him.

I suspect maybe his 'hangers-on' might keep him from moving up there....or maybe him settling up there if he does go. :(

racehorse-80s
30-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Moses will not be going to Wigan IMO

jobiinthelastmi
30-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Hope so...then again, let's get real.

Wigan are in the Premiership. Martinez is a good young manager, and Victor would have some pretty decent players playing around him.

I suspect maybe his 'hangers-on' might keep him from moving up there....or maybe him settling up there :(

Based on what exactly? The bloke at Swansea now is doing better than him.

Riccardo
30-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Based on what exactly? The bloke at Swansea now is doing better than him.

Based on the fact he sorted out a lot at Swansea. And whenever I've watched highlights or full games of Wigan on the box, they have looked good. I'm assuming the manager has something to do with this....? :)

jobiinthelastmi
30-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Based on the fact he sorted out a lot at Swansea. And whenever I've watched highlights or full games of Wigan on the box, they have looked good. I'm assuming the manager has something to do with this....? :)

Two points off the drop zone with a -23 goal difference.

Don't jump on the wagon and assume he's a good manager, just look at Dowie and Mike Newell :hi:

Sussex Eagle
30-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Only 2 points off relegation however Ricc, not the move of Victor's dreams is it...I have a distinct feeling this isn't the end of the story.

pedro
30-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Keep up, according to the thread which is posted in the right forum Arsenal have now matched Wigan's offer. ;)

Riccardo
30-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Two points off the drop zone with a -23 goal difference.

Don't jump on the wagon and assume he's a good manager, just look at Dowie now Mike Newell :hi:

I think he'll sort it out ! I reckon he gets his teams to play football 'in the right way' (cliches 'R' us) and signs good talented players. I think he should be given a chance to improve his abilities and will turn into a great manager.

Iain Dowie....who did he manage then ?

elgin eagle
30-01-2010, 11:09 PM
stone the crows, we paid that for Kuqi.

Riccardo
30-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Only 2 points off relegation however Ricc, not the move of Victor's dreams is it...I have a distinct feeling this isn't the end of the story.

Will Victor get a game at Arsenal ? Tott-en-ham / Spudz ? Real Madrid ? :D

I think he has a chance to shine if he did go to Wigan, do well there then in the summer maybe more offers will come in from bigger teams ?

Bostock (a Palace fan of the highest order) went to a big club, if he had gone to a Wigan or Bolton, he might have got some games....who knows. ;)

Riccardo
30-01-2010, 11:11 PM
stone the crows, we paid that for Kuqi.

We paid bugger all for Kuqi, AFAIK.

nicknackpalace
30-01-2010, 11:12 PM
stone the crows, we paid that for Kuqi.Our mistake then.
In the circs of being in admin i don't think £2.5m is bad. Particularly as I guess the money will be in one payment rather than the usual instalments.

nicknackpalace
30-01-2010, 11:13 PM

I think he has a chance to shine if he did go to Wigan, do well there then in the summer maybe more offers will come in from bigger teams ?

Bostock (a Palace fan of the highest order) went to a big club, if he had gone to a Wigan or Bolton, he might have got some games....who knows. ;)

Good point

jobiinthelastmi
30-01-2010, 11:13 PM
I think he'll sort it out ! I reckon he gets his teams to play football 'in the right way' (cliches 'R' us) and signs good talented players. I think he should be given a chance to improve his abilities and will turn into a great manager.

Iain Dowie....who did he manage then ?

There is no "right way" to play football. It's results that matter.

All that Wigan are interested in doing is making money out of players. They are a stepping stone club with an overrated manager who eventually will take them down.

He's only manager there because he played for them and we all know how that turns out in the end :p

Riccardo
30-01-2010, 11:18 PM
There is no "right way" to play football. It's results that matter.

A little patronising, but we are playing nice, so I'll ignore :)

I think we'll agree to disagree about RM. But I imagine (potentially) you'll agree he comes over as a clever bloke, and I hope he does well.

jobiinthelastmi
30-01-2010, 11:20 PM
A little patronising, but we are playing nice, so I'll ignore :)

I think we'll agree to disagree about RM. But I imagine (potentially) you'll agree he comes over as a clever bloke, and I hope he does well.

I don't wish him to fail but he did say that he wouldn't leave Swansea unless he was forced out, and said he wouldn't bid for their players and he did.....

Give me Warnock any day :lux:

Kevan Woz Awful
30-01-2010, 11:20 PM

I personally think Mick Jones had it about right on his latest blog:

"For me that right club is Arsenal. I think they have a great manager for Victor who will use him sparingly, put him in, take him out, pick the games to play him, let him develop in his own time and not force him.
If he goes to the wrong club and he has to be the answer to that club's problems it will put unnecessary pressure on him and that would be unfair."

Riccardo
30-01-2010, 11:25 PM
I personally think Mick Jones had it about right on his latest blog:

"For me that right club is Arsenal. I think they have a great manager for Victor who will use him sparingly, put him in, take him out, pick the games to play him, let him develop in his own time and not force him.
If he goes to the wrong club and he has to be the answer to that club's problems it will put unnecessary pressure on him and that would be unfair."

Maybe. I think Arsenal would be Vicmo's first choice, as his mates won't be that far away.

Playing-wise, I think it'll be limited and he'll probably go on loan somewhere.

pap
30-01-2010, 11:39 PM
He's a gunners fan aswell. Hope for his personal development that he goes there.

Sick Bucket
30-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Surely this is good news (relatively of course)in that the article says Palace have accepted the offer BUT Vic will go and have talks with them on Monday and they HOPE to have the deal done before the window shuts, if we get a better offer from Arsenal, Man city, Madrid etc surely Vic will simply say no thanks. That's the way I read it so now the minimum is 2.5 mil with a big hellooooo for the big boys to raise the stakes and get the cheque book out sharpish. No? Arsenal 2.5 with us loaning him till the end of season please.

palacelad1970
31-01-2010, 12:12 AM
this is a p iss take , we are being raped its a ffin joke,the fa should do something about this type of robbery

They dont give a shite unless its inside the premiership

macstar
31-01-2010, 12:20 AM
£2.5mill IS daylight robbery, but this amount is expected while we're in administration....

why we didnt go into admin after we sold moses for £5mill is anyones guess.!

LuckyJ
31-01-2010, 12:38 AM
wigan mite be good for him....games in the prem for sure and they have a good record of selling on to bigger clubs, palacios, valencia, cattermole.
...theyve got bramble.

sw16girl
31-01-2010, 08:44 AM
£2.5mill IS daylight robbery, but this amount is expected while we're in administration....

why we didnt go into admin after we sold moses for £5mill is anyones guess.!

Because no one was offering £5m for moses - in fact no one was offering any more than £1.5m despite all the hype in the paper.

Penstone Eagle
31-01-2010, 09:05 AM
£2.5mill IS daylight robbery,

No it's not, regardless of previous England appearances and an undoubted talent, he has featured very little in the Palace team. I think the fee is about right, a longer spell in the team and then at the end of the season then maybe a higher figure could have been expected.

ukjay_29
31-01-2010, 09:14 AM
a longer spell in the team and then at the end of the season then maybe a higher figure could have been expected.

hmmmm......

Chris Smalling - 5 app for Fulham, 12 app for Maidstone = Moan Utd £8M.

:eek:

No.16
31-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Fabian Delph 8m

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 10:09 AM
2.5 Million cash up front is not bad. If we had got 5million for Moses under normal circumstances we would have got no more than that up front.

As for where he goes I don't really care. Wigan have had the balls to put the cash on the table unlike the likes of bloody Arsenal.
If Arsenal came in and matched the fee now I hope it is too late. They can feck off as they have had a month to come in.
The only reason I would want him now to join another club is if we could loan him back.

plectrum
31-01-2010, 10:09 AM
No it's not, regardless of previous England appearances and an undoubted talent, he has featured very little in the Palace team. I think the fee is about right, a longer spell in the team and then at the end of the season then maybe a higher figure could have been expected.

This is utter gash, Moses is a striker these are the only types of players that have the potential to evolve into big money players.

If we look at the best Midfielder in England be that Gerrard or Lampard they would sell for ~ 50m euro perhaps a touch more. If we look at the best defenders be that Terry his expected transfer would be slightly less. This is based on actual previous transfer of players of this type.

Whereas if we look at strikers and their valuations these are always the highest of type. Examples being Ronaldo, Benzima and current valuations on players such as Rooney.

Moses has clear pedigree within the national England set up and so far is widely considered to be on of the most skillful and dangerous attacking player in the championship. No one says he is fully grown or the finished article but then this is not expected being that he is only 19yrs.

I am amazed at the actions of the big teams as £2.5m is a mere drop in the ocean. You have clubs such as Liverpool chasing Kenyne Jones with £8-10m or Tottenham paying nearly more in wages to Gudjonssen than this total transfer fee.

We all look atthe world of football and understand that the business done at the transfer market both in and out is crucial to a clubs financial stablity. Buy well and you get success on the field and later success in the markets.

Do Man Utd have a better 19 yr old striker? Or Liverpool, Arsenal,Tottenham, City, Chelsea?

If we look at a similar aged transfer in recent times.
Daniel Sturridge 19 yrs at transfer from Man City to Chelsea. Cost was decided at tribunal to be £3.5m potentially rising to 6.5m is the player hits 40 Chelsea appearances and and England cap. Also City retained 15% of the sell on fee.

For a player at a very similar age with only 21 appearances for Man City (a fairly weak and in disarray City side under Erikson) and 5 goals then I cannot see how the current price being offered for Moses is anythign but a very poor and low one.

The club, the creditors, the chairman are very poor at business and this explains clear why all their money is disappearing down the drain.

Regardless of whether we had been promoted or otherwise, this season would have seen a horizon point for Moses as with 6 goals already a break into double digits and possibly as high as 20 goals would have been predicted. With the 'kid' under contract a large transfer in the summer would have been likely and perhaps a far better time to push rather than at a poitn where money seems increasingly tight within the game.

If we take the currnet bid prices on Moses and Clyne as an indication of te bigger picture then it would seem that the move to take the club into administration has reduced the valuations of our assets by between 25%-50% (5m-2.5m or 3.5m-2.5m depending on where you place the suitable and correct values).

By looking at it like this it seems that the administration has immediately negatively impacted the lowest pof the pecking order in our £30m debt. This equates to ~ £7.5m(25% of 30m) which interestingly enough is around the 'loan' that Jordan was looking for to save the club until the summer.

I wonder why/whether it is possible for the clubs creditors to have been offered the club in transfer for debt. Was an effort ever made by Jordan to sell say 50% of the club for £5m to Agilo? In return the Agilo debt is wiped out.

I am sure all realise that as morning breaks on Sunday we are 1 pt of the play offs with an incredible chance of promotion....O sorry I mean 'WERE'

As far as things go this is by far the worst episode in the history of Crystal Palace and Simon Jordan and especially the business side to the board i.e.Dominic Jordan should resign with immediate effect.

I like Simon Jordan as a fan but anything more makes you realise that his views and business strategies should be consigned to the pub.

Scoot
31-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Because no one was offering £5m for moses - in fact no one was offering any more than £1.5m despite all the hype in the paper.

Makes you wonder how much of that was down to Jordan making it obvious to the world, its grandmother and her cleaner that he and the club was in the shitter.

GUCCI Eagle
31-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Wigan Athletic, where football careers go to die.

marky1919
31-01-2010, 11:37 AM
hmmmm......

Chris Smalling - 5 app for Fulham, 12 app for Maidstone = Moan Utd £8M.

:eek:

This takes the p*ss!!!! £8m for a player nobody's ever heard of. 5 Prem appearances and all of a sudden he's worth that! The ethics of football is a ******** disgrace!

Palace must be one of the most ripped-off teams ever! We may as well not have an academy, because it's only a feeder belt for other bigger clubs to take them for themselves after we do all the hard work nurturing the player!

Ralph
31-01-2010, 12:05 PM
If Victor Moses was as good as we all like to think then Arsenal, Man Utd and Barcelona would've bid for him. FACT.

AlgotTheEagle
31-01-2010, 12:30 PM

tottenham hotspurs, where football careers go to die

917L
31-01-2010, 12:34 PM
SSN reporting Moses having medical at Wigan today

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
31-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Think that's a bt harsh.

Heskey re-ignited his career there - heading for a World Cup.
Look at Valencia too.

gold76
31-01-2010, 12:38 PM
having a medical at Wigan today, so say sky. Will be afforded some game time I guess. I think they'll just about stay up. It's a steal at that price. If he does well then I guess in a year time he will be sold to a bigger club for triple that fee.

yourname00
31-01-2010, 12:55 PM
At least theyre a footballing side and he'll get a game there.

SKATE
31-01-2010, 01:00 PM
It's a steal at that price.

Daylight bloody robbery :(

montstar
31-01-2010, 01:20 PM
SSN reporting Moses having medical at Wigan today

Didnt Watson have a medical at Borough last year before choosing Wigan it aint over yet!

montstar
31-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I think some people who think £2.5 million is cheap are getting mixed up - its £2.5 upfront cash no deals no tie ins the delph fee the walcott fee would not have been in admin and are only if plays amount of games gets England caps etc etc hardly any would be upfront and there arent that many teams with cash upfront in this climate.

Shipp Ahoy!
31-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Palace and Moses apparently trying to drag this one out as much as they can get away with it as both are hoping its going to encourage a better club/offer to come in.

Don't expect this one to go through until tomorrow.

Palaceboy222
31-01-2010, 02:19 PM
hes gone, SSN,

SpikeyMatt
31-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Signed for Wigan on 3 and a half year deal according to his agent.

SSN.

Palaceboy222
31-01-2010, 02:20 PM
£2.5M deal
3 and a half year contract
Wigan

His agent comfirmed it

selhurst cookie
31-01-2010, 02:24 PM
£2.5M deal
Wigan

His agent comfirmed it
Shame but at least its more than £1.5 milion. Stupid Wigan taking advantage of admin. :veryangry

Big Patch
31-01-2010, 02:25 PM
what a steal. I wonder if there are any add ons for future moves? It seems you only need to play 14 minutes in the prem and you get sold for a minimum of £8m.

Jay_Palace
31-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Very disappointing destination for him. Dunno why Arsenal or even the likes of Fulham or Everton couldn't have made a move; would have been a far better option for him.

Cheers anyway Simon. What might of been eh.

ebyeeckeagle
31-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Shame but at least its more than £1.5 milion. Stupid Wigan taking advantage of admin. :veryangry

I hardly think we can start blaming Wigan.

pauldrulez
31-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Palace and Moses apparently trying to drag this one out as much as they can get away with it as both are hoping its going to encourage a better club/offer to come in.

Don't expect this one to go through until tomorrow.
Oops

Jason
31-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Not great, but could have been worse. Much worse

Shoreditch CPFC
31-01-2010, 02:38 PM
At least it's better than the sub £1m pisstake offers that were being talked about last week. I would have thought they would have waited until tomorrow, but then again if any other club were serious they'd have come in with a bigger bid before now.

So now we need to raise £1.5m elsewhere. And find a buyer for the club...

Scoot
31-01-2010, 02:38 PM
If Victor Moses was as good as we all like to think then Arsenal, Man Utd and Barcelona would've bid for him. FACT.

But did they? All hearsay AFAIK.

cross_eyed_ed
31-01-2010, 02:44 PM
At least he will play rather than be a benchwarmer at Man City and the like.

Billy Rhino
31-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I really hope we f**k Wigan up when we eventually overtake them.

Son of Coveta
31-01-2010, 02:48 PM
sorry does the transfer window close today or tomorrow cheers.

Slimbloke'H'
31-01-2010, 02:49 PM
5.00 pm tomorrow.

SpikeyMatt
31-01-2010, 02:49 PM
sorry does the transfer window close today or tomorrow cheers.

Tomorrow - 5pm.

It would have been today, but it's a Sunday and everyone involved in football are having ice baths or roasting women.

Jordan's Jacket
31-01-2010, 02:51 PM
He'll leave this summer following the relegation of Wigan. Hoepfully for less than £2.5m

Scoot
31-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I really hope we f**k Wigan up when we eventually overtake them.

Bit optomistic, Palace are years behind Wigan, so sad really as I was at the play off game they lost to the Gills and Wigan had about 8k at Wembley.

Depending on who is left tomorrow evening could mean we go down..

cardiffeagle
31-01-2010, 02:53 PM
He'll leave this summer following the relegation of Wigan. Hoepfully for less than £2.5m

He'll play every week and make the World Cup squad.

Paicey
31-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Victor was a joy to watch, I just hope this move works out for him and he doesn't become the next routledge or bostock!

Good luck moses and I hope to see you parting defences for england one day!

Son of Coveta
31-01-2010, 02:57 PM
5.00 pm tomorrow.
thanks its gonna be a long 25 hours

palacemaniac
31-01-2010, 03:01 PM
thanks its gonna be a long 25 hours

26 hours (it's 5 pm UK time)

Shipp Ahoy!
31-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Oops

Absolutely.

I am going to have words with the person who told me this :veryangry

Won't be posting what he says on here again in a hurry.

Shipp Ahoy!
31-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Will hold off from having those words, won't be signed off by the admins until tomorrow.

Only one reason they would do that and not get it done today :)

Michael G
31-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Absolutely.

I am going to have words with the person who told me this :veryangry

Won't be posting what he says on here again in a hurry.
Administrator not signed off yet. Maybe not the end of the story.

jobiinthelastmi
31-01-2010, 03:25 PM
After all the talk of Barca, Real Madrid, Arsenal etc he ends up at Wigan.....

Billy Rhino
31-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Bit optomistic, Palace are years behind Wigan, so sad really as I was at the play off game they lost to the Gills and Wigan had about 8k at Wembley.

Depending on who is left tomorrow evening could mean we go down..
We will. They've just been lucky and when they do get relegated and Whelan starts to lose interest there wont be any other sugar-daddies to save them.

(btw I've nothing against Wigan fans....in fact, I cant even explain why I dont like them, other than they keep buying our best players....actually that's exactly why!:grrr: )

New LP
31-01-2010, 03:38 PM
At least he didn't go to another Championship team like Forest or WBA for considerably less than that.

I'm fairly happy with this -given the circumstances.

ANDYEAGLE
31-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Wigan were actually one of the first clubs to be linked to him and good luck to them. They have put the best bid in and I am sure with Victor in the team they will be in the Premier next season.

jobiinthelastmi
31-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Wigan were actually one of the first clubs to be linked to him and good luck to them. They have put the best bid in and I am sure with Victor in the team they will be in the Premier next season.

Probably I wish Victor good luck but I'm a little dissapointed he's not off to a bigger club

One that gets more than 16k in the Premiership

Jordan's Jacket
31-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Lovely place to live too. Who would want to live in Madrid when you can enjoy the cultural hotbed that is Wigan

Always an Eagle
31-01-2010, 03:48 PM
£2.5M deal
Wigan

His agent comfirmed it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8489498.stm

so are the BBC now:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

All the best mate, stay fit & show them what you can do

spotkick
31-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm dissapointed he's gone but pleased with the move to Wigan.

OscillateWildly
31-01-2010, 06:35 PM

All agent talk.

Wigan is a good move- he'll play week in week out (hopefully.)

A million less than I'd have liked but I'll just be glad we can get the cash and he can move on (which he was always going to do)

Have to say, while I like him and think he's a good player (certianly mid level premier league player) I'm not at all sure he is as good as some of our fans think.

Anyway good luck to him, I hope it work well for him up there.

montstar
31-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Administrator not signed off yet. Maybe not the end of the story.

And the second part of his medical not til tomorrow, therefore, I will wait til Wigan confirm it and I wouldnt be surprised even at this stage if another team hijacks it - guess we'll just have to wait and see!

morlar
31-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Wigan will be a good stepping stone for him.
They have a manager that likes to keep the ball at the ground as well,
not a given in todays Premiership.

Malakite
31-01-2010, 08:33 PM
AATOT and wrong forum...

but 2.5M is 1M more than previous bids so this is, disappointing as it may seem, a good thing

Agree. Not a bad piece of business in the end really I didn't think we'd get much more than this anyway BEFORE we went into administration!!

Malakite
31-01-2010, 08:37 PM
And the second part of his medical not til tomorrow, therefore, I will wait til Wigan confirm it and I wouldnt be surprised even at this stage if another team hijacks it - guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Nowt wrong with that so long as they increase the bid! ;)

Hedgehog
31-01-2010, 08:54 PM
So to put this into some kind of perspective, Wigan are getting the talent and potential of Victor Moses for basically the same price as we got Shefki Kuqi.

Where is the "hang banging" smiley when you need it.

Malakite
31-01-2010, 09:14 PM
So to put this into some kind of perspective, Wigan are getting the talent and potential of Victor Moses for basically the same price as we got Shefki Kuqi.

Where is the "hang banging" smiley when you need it.
Thats an extremely depressing thought. OR worst still, for the same cash we paid for AkinBADbuyi!! :eek:

(incidentally I saw him come on for Notts County t'other week, couldn't believe it!!)

scottydogger
31-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Great stepping stone for Victor. Look at the likes of Palacios now at Spurs and Valencia now at the wankers. Good luck Victor. :p

Santos-er
31-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Wigan have a decent record of finding gems and moving them to bigger clubs for a fat profit. Shame there won't be any sell-on clauses. Good luck to Victor.

howard
31-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Just depends how much Wigan have paid up front? We need allof it now, not in stage payments.

Eddie'S Dad
31-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Just seen Tony Finnigan on SSN.
Not conveinced by what he said. He kept on saying how delighted VM was witth the club, andthat Victor was convinced that this was the Club for him. I didn't beleive him.
He doth protest too much, me thinks.

What also alarmed me was that Finnegan said that he received lots of calls today 'saying don't do it, come and talk to us'

If there is still interest what on earth were Palace doing turning bids away??

Finnegan said that VM has signed a contract for personal terms and just needs to have the medical finished off tomorrow.
The he said things should be finalised by lunchtime tomorrow. Why not today?

... could there be room for a a bit of last minute drama here !?? It seems unlikely but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

I'm happpy that Victor has ended up in the Premiership. He deserves his chance. They're a decent club, with a manager who I think is very good. And of course they have a chairman that is a pretty decent chap too, and supportive of his managers.

Best of luck Victor. And thanks. I truly hope that you fulfill your fantastic potential, and that you never forget Palace !

Eddie'S Dad
31-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Just depends how much Wigan have paid up front? We need allof it now, not in stage payments.

I bet that there is no sell-on clause on VM's deal.
That would have kept the cash payment down and of course the administrator is after cash and not Palace's long term benefit.

Shafted. Well and truly shafted.

Gooders
31-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Wigan. :rolleyes:

Billy Rhino
01-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Great stepping stone for Victor. Look at the likes of Palacios now at Spurs and Valencia now at the wankers. Good luck Victor. :p
Seriously, a "great stepping stone" moving from Palace to Wigan bloody Athletic? I feel a bit sick...

adrenalin john
01-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I did predict he was going to Wigan a while ago - and was pooh poohed -
but enough my trumpet blowing - we have been robbed on the price though.

Nice one Agilo.

We are on TV tuesday, our chance to make some anti Agilo chants

Baldy
01-02-2010, 08:58 AM
We've been totally screwed.

2.5m ?

UTTER F VCKING JOKE

C UNTS

:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-02-2010, 09:04 AM
We've been totally screwed.

2.5m ?

UTTER F VCKING JOKE

C UNTS

:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

Absolutely spot on

Brummie Allan
01-02-2010, 09:06 AM
ITV 4 Tuesday 7.45

We are on TV tuesday, our chance to make some anti Agilo chants

Sick Bucket
01-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Just seen Tony Finnigan on SSN.
Not conveinced by what he said. He kept on saying how delighted VM was witth the club, andthat Victor was convinced that this was the Club for him. I didn't beleive him.
He doth protest too much, me thinks.

What also alarmed me was that Finnegan said that he received lots of calls today 'saying don't do it, come and talk to us'

If there is still interest what on earth were Palace doing turning bids away??

Finnegan said that VM has signed a contract for personal terms and just needs to have the medical finished off tomorrow.
The he said things should be finalised by lunchtime tomorrow. Why not today?

... could there be room for a a bit of last minute drama here !?? It seems unlikely but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

I'm happpy that Victor has ended up in the Premiership. He deserves his chance. They're a decent club, with a manager who I think is very good. And of course they have a chairman that is a pretty decent chap too, and supportive of his managers.

Best of luck Victor. And thanks. I truly hope that you fulfill your fantastic potential, and that you never forget Palace !

I have a sneaky feeling something could still happen here, announced Sunday ¨should be tied up by Monday¨does leave the door slightly open, Whatever TF says I would guess VM is pretty disappointed, Barcelona? Real Madrid? NO WIGAN WOOOOHHHHOOOOO. Somebody send on another thread on here that on the Wigan site rumours Arsenal have offered 4 mil. ok probably not true but does at least suggest from there side it´s not all tied up and done and dusted. Actually though I think Wigan would be a good move for him, Prem club where he´d have a good chance of getting in the side, as Watson did.

elgin eagle
01-02-2010, 09:49 AM
If someone else is coming in with a better bid they want to be quick if the deal is going to be done by lunchtime.

At least if they do we wont have to sell the rest of the squad for peanuts.

swissroll
01-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Looking at Arsenal yesterday they would be nuts not to gazump Wigan now.

Niel Smillie
01-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Another question for the soccer rules experts and financial wizards on here.
I believe that players who had not asked for a transfer used to receive a percentage of the transfer fee, I think it was somewhere between 5 & 8 %.
If the player had asked for a transfer then this was not paid to him.
My question is, who pays for this, and does it come out of the 2.5 mill we have received for VM, or does the club buying the player pay this over the top of the fee?
Also do we have to pay VAT on any transfer fee?

Godstone Eagle
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Officially gone now - text from club states undisclosed fee

deftones_eagle
01-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Just seen it on SSN...officially completed move to Wigan.

Neil
01-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Sad. What a waste.

Pinkie Brown
01-02-2010, 11:29 AM
at least we get to see him play next season

plectrum
01-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Did we accept this bid because perhaps there is still outstandings for Watson Hall and Boyce?

Andy Gray's FA Cup shirt
01-02-2010, 12:03 PM
from the official Wigan FC site (www.wiganlatics.co.uk)

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/javaImages/66/b3/0,,10429~8368998,00.jpg

:(

Godstone Eagle
01-02-2010, 12:04 PM
from the official Wigan FC site (www.wiganlatics.co.uk)

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/javaImages/66/b3/0,,10429~8368998,00.jpg

:(
:sob: :sob: :sob:

Baldy
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

Good luck Victor

FraserH
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
what a horrible thing to see confirmed :(

wigan play in front of less people we do each week and aren't known for developing youngsters. lets hope this turns out to be the right move for victor but unless he moves on again in the next 18 months he will be playing ccc football as wigan are relegation candidates most seasons.

I know we had no choice but seems a really strange move for him imo.

Baldy
01-02-2010, 12:26 PM
With the exception of Fitz Hall (and possibly Chris Armstrong) have Palace EVER and I mean EVER received a transfer fee reflecting the true value of the player ?

NO, WE F VCKING HAVEN'T.

It doesn't matter about Administration, we have so much previous for giving our players away for f vck all it's beyond belief.

:veryangry :veryangry :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

ebyeeckeagle
01-02-2010, 12:31 PM
With the exception of Fitz Hall (and possibly Chris Armstrong) have Palace EVER and I mean EVER received a transfer fee reflecting the true value of the player ?

NO, WE F VCKING HAVEN'T.

It doesn't matter about Administration, we have so much previous for giving our players away for f vck all it's beyond belief.

:veryangry :veryangry :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Off the top of my head, didn't we sell Wrighty for this exact same amount? £2.5m?

I know it was a record at that time for Arse, but considering he went on smash their ******* scoring record.....:grrr:

The Sniper
01-02-2010, 12:37 PM
That photo is depressing.

pardew's shorts
01-02-2010, 01:00 PM

Nelson Muntz
01-02-2010, 01:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8491175.stm

SNELLGROVE
01-02-2010, 01:29 PM
I hope we have a sell on clause. He will probably go to one of the big 4 clubs
in a couple of seasons for £10 million plus.

Glazier69
01-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Sign of the times........Crystal Palace ("one of the most famous football clubs in the world") selling their star player to Wigan (a town known for Rugby League) Athletic as part of a financial rescue package.

Very sad for us all round but hopefully VM will flourish and (unlike some of our recent ex-players) realise his considerable potential.

Good luck Victor, but for now :sob:

Palace Don
01-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Just showed Moses on pitch with Martinez holding a Wigan shirt, gutted

Quite nice but sad video now on Palace Player, Moses last interview

RDSdaEAGLE
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I hope we have a sell on clause. He will probably go to one of the big 4 clubs
in a couple of seasons for £10 million plus.

Any sell-on clause would only see the money going to the people Palace currently owe money to.

KP'S Nuts
01-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Whats with undisclosed fees can you have them in administration i thought you had to all be above board. Is it just something to stop fans who have been totally ripped off not feel even worse until much later when the accounts come out and by that time the fans have lost some of the anger?.

OscillateWildly
01-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Sign of the times........Crystal Palace ("one of the most famous football clubs in the world") selling their star player to Wigan (a town known for Rugby League) Athletic as part of a financial rescue package.

I'm sure they averaged about 9,000 when they were in our league.

cpfcfan1
01-02-2010, 10:12 PM
So sad to see him standing with a Wigan shirt, still nice to hear Roberto speaking so highly of him, think he will do big things there.

All the best vic mo

walker87
02-02-2010, 01:50 AM
a bit of reaction from a wigan messageboard:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122989372

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/wigan-perfect-move-victor-moses

Kirby
02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Cheers Vic. Probably see you on loan at QPR next season.

No seriously, I hope it goes well, as you easily have the potential to be a top, top Premiership player.

Thank you for your awesome bicycle kick in the last match I saw you in :lux:

We will miss you :(

E_girl
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Don't know if already said - but went for £2m cash & not the £2.5 reported.

Baldy
02-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Don't know if already said - but went for £2m cash & not the £2.5 reported.

:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

selhurstparkflyer
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
So.....Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Arsenal were all interested; he signs for Wigan.

I love the BBS.

Dobbo
17-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Roberto Martinez set to pass over Victor Moses for Bolton clash as Wigan boss hints striker not ready for first Premier League start

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez will not rush youngster Victor Moses into action despite believing he has the talent to shine immediately in the top flight.

Martinez pulled off a coup when he snapped up Moses, rated as one of the hottest properties outside the Barclays Premier League, from cash-strapped Crystal Palace on transfer deadline day.

But the Spaniard has so far exercised caution with the talented 19-year-old forward, limiting him to just six minutes of action in the two games since.

With Wigan just a point above the bottom three heading into tonight's crucial derby with fellow strugglers Bolton, there is temptation to hand him a first start - but Martinez is likely to hold him back.

Martinez said: 'I will never push a player to be on the pitch when he is not ready.

'It is a big jump coming from the Championship to the Premier League. It is down to individuals how they can adapt to that.

'It is not a computer game, you don't buy a player to put him straight in. You have to make sure the player is mentally and physically capable of being himself on the pitch.
'That takes a bit of time and we are going to give him the time he needs. But coming from abroad to the Premier League is probably a bigger jump. He played in the Championship and there are many similarities, so he has that advantage.

'The other advantage is he relies on his talent. If you rely on your physicality sometimes you need a little bit of time to adapt to it - but Victor is a special, special talent and we will all enjoy him.'

I do hope he won't f**k VicMo about in the way he has Ben :(

SEEPEEEFFSEE
17-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I find it quite ironic that Martinez has doubts that VicMo isn't ready to play in the Premiership when he clearly isn't ready to manage in the Premiership.

The guy is a complete tool, he will get Wigan relegated, lose his job and VicMo will become just another 'could have been'

SilverChevy
17-02-2010, 10:27 AM
i think Martinez is spot on.

BulletEagle
17-02-2010, 10:28 AM
I do hope he won't f**k VicMo about in the way he has Ben :(

To be fair it was Bruce who signed Watson, not Martinez.

tasty_snacks
17-02-2010, 10:39 AM
The quality bridge between the lower half of the Prem and upper half of the Championship is shorter than it's ever been. Every single team in the top 10 of the Championship inc. Palace would give Wigan a match. :rolleyes:

montstar
17-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Hes been given the No 11 shirt so Ithink they do have big things planned for him and I really hope it happens for him

Dingle
17-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty sure Victor was against moving to a big club because he was worried he wouldn't get any playing time. He didn't go to Wigan to sit on the ******** bench. He's not going to adapt to the Premiership if he's not playing. The boy is class and before moving was on a magnificent run of form and his confidence was at an all time high. That will now be shattered having played just 6 minutes in 3 weeks. Also Martinez has completely f*cked up this gameweek for my fantasy footy team as I had anticipated Moses playing :veryangry

Madden
17-02-2010, 11:09 AM
This may not be an issue soon, as they could be playing chamionship football next season ;)

Scroatey
17-02-2010, 11:19 AM
...his confidence was at an all time high. That will now be shattered having played just 6 minutes in 3 weeks.This kind of comment gets made all the time and it's a load of balls. He's just moved away from the place he grew up, has to get to know his team, the way Martinez wants them to play, and much like Theo Walcott will, if they are sensible, be introduced slowly.

Wigan are at the wrong end of the table, and like any manager with some sense you rarely sign a player and expect that one individual amoung eleven will single-handedly save them! Except West Ham and Carlos Teves of course. :D

palacemaniac
17-02-2010, 11:22 AM
What next, a loan move to Brentford

palace_burger
17-02-2010, 10:49 PM
What next, a loan move to Brentford

Lets buy him back when we get a new owner :)

Or at least try for a loan?

palacemaniac
21-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Moses has just come on for Wigan against Spurs 55th minute, come on Victor, show Bostock what a prat he is for leaving too soon

Gollum
21-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Also on Wigan's bench today : Boyce, Watson & Scott Sinclair.

palacemaniac
21-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah noticed that too :-(

philsick
21-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Also on Wigan's bench today : Boyce, Watson & Scott Sinclair.

Are we a wigan feeder club now.:(

Absolution
21-02-2010, 06:43 PM
He got a bit more of a free-role for us, even when he was on the wing.

Wigan's team looks awful though.

Absolution
21-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Moses has just come on for Wigan against Spurs 55th minute, come on Victor, show Bostock what a prat he is for leaving too soonMoses left too soon as well in fairness. Not that we/he had too much choice in the matter.

Ruskin Old Boy
21-02-2010, 06:57 PM
How awful for Moses - trying to play football on the worst pitch in - at least - the top two divisions, and for a side that looks likely to be relegated.

magician
22-02-2010, 11:46 AM
How awful for Moses - trying to play football on the worst pitch in - at least - the top two divisions, and for a side that looks likely to be relegated.
still he does get paid on time!!!

sydnsteve
22-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Did well according to the reports. Wasted at that club. Still amazed Arsenal did not go for him.

kabbott
22-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Did well according to the reports. Wasted at that club. Still amazed Arsenal did not go for him.

Yes, but look at Jack Wilshere (admittedly younger). Loaned out to Bolton (same sort of club as Wigan) and sitting on the bench too.

Son of Ron
22-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I watched this yesterday - and after a couple of touches soon after coming on did he even touch the ball ?!

The pitch was horrendous as was the weather (not as bad as at Ewood though !), and it was quite a niggly game. Sure there's better to come from Moses for Wigan but as has been said I'd love to see how far he can go under some top class tutelage.

cockles
22-02-2010, 12:10 PM
This is a pity for Victor. Going there will be a step backwards. Yesterday's Att: 16,165 & played on a rugby pitch.

He'll probably be at QPR next season.

ANDYEAGLE
22-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I can't understand why people keep on having a dig at Wigan. There are 5 sides below them at the moment all in my opinion worse than them. I certainly expect them to stay up. They are the only club to pay a half decent fee for Victor and he is being eased into the side in the right manner. If he went to Arsenal or Man City he would not have seen the bench this season. He will get his chance to prove what he can do at Wigan.
Yes the pitch is crap. So what? Wigan only have so many home games now anyway and any good player should be able to adjust.
God I wish we were in Wigans position and if I were a fan of the club I would be laughing at some of these comments.

pardew's shorts
22-02-2010, 01:36 PM

the elusive k
22-02-2010, 02:02 PM
His big disavantages were coming into a team in terrible form and the mistaken belief that he is a winger. He may have had the occasional good game for us playing wide but his electric form only began when moved into his natural central position. Once Martinez figures that one out I bet he'll shine.

ANDYEAGLE
22-02-2010, 02:41 PM
The quality bridge between the lower half of the Prem and upper half of the Championship is shorter than it's ever been. Every single team in the top 10 of the Championship inc. Palace would give Wigan a match. :rolleyes:

I think this is nonsense. People tend to take too much notice of cup results.
The truth is the gap is still huge. Just look at the squads of the bottom ten of the premier and the top ten of the championship.
If you had made the same comparison between the Championship and current Leaque one top 10 I would temd to agree.

Absolution
26-02-2010, 01:13 PM
I see Moses has been called into the U21 squad. How much of a dickhead is Stuart Pearce??

Only selecting a player once he makes the move to the Premiership?

Palace Dan
26-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I see Moses has been called into the U21 squad. How much of a dickhead is Stuart Pearce??

Sorry, but you have to remember that VM became instant quality the moment he set foot on the pitch in a Prem game. Before that who was he eh?:D

Big Blue Eagle
26-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Some justification in this but remember that the last time that the U21s played was in autumn 2009 when VM was either injured or seriously out of form. He may well have made the squad based on his recent Palace form this time as a few brief cameos for Wigan will not have done enough to justify it (except for conspiracy theorists)

Palace Dan
26-02-2010, 01:35 PM
NEVER let the truth get in the way of us having a good old gripe!

Dobbo
26-02-2010, 02:04 PM

Very harsh, given he wasn't even being selected by Warnock until 4 months ago

Palace Dan
26-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Agreed but is that not the case with a lot of the players from Prem teams who are in the u-21's etc??

Ollie Ox
26-02-2010, 02:42 PM
**** me we like a whinge these days.

Palace Dan
26-02-2010, 02:52 PM
**** me we like a whinge these days.
Bit harsh - only a tad of banter surely?

fulhameagle
26-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Would love him to do well for Wigan but I think he and Martinez are in exactly the wrong place for themselves, no way Martinez can play football on that pitch and it will always be that way sharing with the Warriors

Palace Dan
26-02-2010, 03:07 PM
It reminded me of the Baseball GRound in the 70's - a real glue pot.

sw16girl
26-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Wasn't he called up in the summer and NW wouldn't let him go/talked him out of going?

kolinkins
26-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Wasn't he called up in the summer and NW wouldn't let him go/talked him out of going?

That was U19s

Interesting that Mick Jones sais Victor isnt ready for the Premier League

gold76
26-02-2010, 09:40 PM
It's a crying shame we couldn't have kept him till the summer.

I know needs must & all that

Celestial Empire
27-02-2010, 12:21 AM
It's a crying shame we couldn't have kept him till the summer.

I know needs must & all that

New Owner - season long loan for the Vic ?;)

whereEaglesFly
27-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I miss victor more than I missed aj

Palace Dan
27-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I miss victor more than I missed aj
Yep - one of the few players along the lines of Peter Taylor, Ken Sansom, Ian Wright, Attilio, AJ etc who would get you quickening your step to get to the ground and on the edge of your seat when there.

ANDYEAGLE
27-02-2010, 10:36 AM
That was U19s

Interesting that Mick Jones sais Victor isnt ready for the Premier League

I don't agree with Jones on that one. Victor is 19 now and if he is good enough he will make it.

pauldrulez
27-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I mean Warnock didn't play him at all in the 07/08 season when we nearly got promoted....

And he didn't play all that much last year in his 27 games...

Or his 18 appearances this year out of 24 available games. The other 6 being when he was injured.

davematt
27-02-2010, 08:09 PM
It ****s me off that Roberto Martinez wanted him but doesnt seem to want to play him. FFS. He should have loaned him back to us.

CPFC987
27-02-2010, 08:35 PM
He's still persisting on sticking him out on the left.

Wigan are a mickey mouse club, would like them relegated, however for Victor's development i'd rather they stay up.

gold76
27-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I think there's a fair chance they'll go down, don't score enough goals & leaky at the back.

jobiinthelastmi
27-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Poxy small team with a crap manager and a deluded chairman.

Of course they are going down, the only slight hope is Pompey are dead and buried and one spot is decided. Funny how that never happens when we are in the Premiership :rolleyes:

Woodside_CP
28-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Poxy small team with a crap manager and a deluded chairman.

Of course they are going down, the only slight hope is Pompey are dead and buried and one spot is decided. Funny how that never happens when we are in the Premiership :rolleyes:
Deluded chairman? I would love it if we had a chairman who did for us what whelan has done for wigan. We deserve someone like him a lot more than the rugby town of wigan that used to only get 3k or so.

Chobham Eagle
28-02-2010, 03:58 PM
If only our chairman for the last 10 years had been as deluded as Wigan's.

Walrus
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
If only our chairman for the last 10 years had been as minted as Wigan's.

EFA

Owngoal
08-03-2010, 08:25 AM
BBC gossip saying he may join up with Nigeria after being ignored by Stuart Pearce who kept him on the bench despite losing.

gold76
08-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Wonder if he'll get a little cameo against the Scousers tonight..

The Omen
08-03-2010, 09:33 AM
BBC gossip saying he may join up with Nigeria after being ignored by Stuart Pearce who kept him on the bench despite losing.

Would be a bit short-sighted by Moses considering it was his first call-up.

I doubt that story is true. Moses would have played for Nigeria a long time ago if that was where he saw his career.

Big Blue Eagle
08-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Wonder if he'll get a little cameo against the Scousers tonight..

Being reported he is line for a start

ANDYEAGLE
08-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Would be a bit short-sighted by Moses considering it was his first call-up.

I doubt that story is true. Moses would have played for Nigeria a long time ago if that was where he saw his career.

I doubt it is true either. He won't be too worried about being on the bench.
I can't see him wanting to play for Nigeria who have been a disorganised mess considering the talent they have always had available.
Even if he did chose Nigeria he would not start at the moment in thier team.
He still has it all to prove. A bit of luck and he will start against Liverpool tonight.

kabbott
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Poor b*gger. He leaves us and stagnates. Oh well. There goes another one. Nat Clyne must stay with us (locked in a relegation battle at the bottom of the Championship :rolleyes:)

bern5161
08-03-2010, 07:28 PM
on the bench again tonight

Dingle
08-03-2010, 07:30 PM
How can Martinez not play the best attacking and most creative player at his disposal in a team that cannot score goals or win matches? Wigan don't deserve him :sob:

Celestial Empire
08-03-2010, 09:12 PM
How can Martinez not play the best attacking and most creative player at his disposal in a team that cannot score goals or win matches? Wigan don't deserve him :sob:

We get a new owner with some dosh, and buy him back ?:)

Dingle
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Moses on :lux:

EddieEdwards
08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
one spot is decided. Funny how that never happens when we are in the Premiership :rolleyes:On the contrary, that always happens when we're in the Premiership. :)

cockles
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice win for Wigan. Will be interested to see what happens when Liverpool fail to get top4...

James
10-03-2010, 05:41 PM
To be fair, Moses looked comfortable when he came on, with some nice runs and crosses. He is a very fine player.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
10-03-2010, 08:12 PM
To be fair, Moses looked comfortable when he came on, with some nice runs and crosses. He is a very fine player.

I hope so. I had the game on in the background whilst I was doing stuff, and he seemed to me to be pushed off the ball a little easily, amidst the groans of the home fans, who are obviously tossers.

Palace Rebel
10-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Reading Wigan forums sounds as though Martinez does not want to rush him into the first team, next season will be Moses time to shine

ebyeeckeagle
10-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I hope so. I had the game on in the background whilst I was doing stuff, and he seemed to me to be pushed off the ball a little easily, amidst the groans of the home fans, who are obviously tossers.

Over the last couple of seasons, I heard plenty of groans from Palace fans the minute something didn't work, or he was easily knocked off the ball.

Fans generally are just tossers sometimes.

whereEaglesFly
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Over the last couple of seasons, I heard plenty of groans from Palace fans the minute something didn't work, or he was easily knocked off the ball.

Fans generally are just tossers sometimes.
Ye sum idiot who sits near me would say how he's not worth 5pound let alone 5mil. However I did enjoy his lack of moaning when Moses hit form

MasterYoda
12-03-2010, 03:22 PM
next season will be Moses time to shineWe already know he can do it in the Championship :o

palacemaniac
13-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Moses started today but was replaced early in the second half, WIgan lost 4-0

cockles
13-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I have just seen this in his wiki.

Nigeria

On March 9, 2010, Moses asked Nigeria football representatives to come and watch him and meet Latics boss Roberto Martinez before making a decision. Moses is interested in joining the Nigerian team for South Africa 2010 Worldcup

Should treat that as rumour, and it would still surprise me, but who knows what Stuart Pearce did or didn't say to him.

thefox
15-03-2010, 06:43 AM
Moses started today but was replaced early in the second half, WIgan lost 4-0

He did his job well when the ball actually got to him, but was so far wide it wasn't often.

I was listening to the Palace game on the BBS at the same time so I wasn't paying much attention so I maybe wrong.

The Omen
16-03-2010, 10:35 PM
From the BBC report Wigan v Villa

Wigan responded by sending on Victor Moses, and the signing from Crystal Palace was certainly a livewire as the hosts pushed and probed around the Villa defence.

Palace Palare
20-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote from BBC commentary, Wigan 1-0 Burnley:Wigan goal: That is what you call a last-gasp winner. Three-and-a-half minutes into injury time and Hugo Rodallega gets on the end of Victor Moses' cross to send home a fine header to win it.

thefox
20-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Bollocks I wasn't paying attention just listening ,but I think he just set up the goal after coming on as sub for a 1 -0 win. I kept hearing his name. Why oh why didn't I watch. :grrr:

thefox
20-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Yes. Got the ball on the touch line near the corner flag , cut back and around the defender followed by a left foot cross for the goal.

palacemaniac
20-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Well done VicMo

Palace Kebab
20-03-2010, 05:48 PM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122341440

Wigan fans very happy with his contribution

Kipungu
21-03-2010, 02:14 AM
I wish VicMo all the best, but it makes me feel sick when I read how well he's doing (long may it continue). He was ours dammit. I hope Wigan appreciate him like we would have done.

AddiscombeCPFC
21-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I wish VicMo all the best, but it makes me feel sick when I read how well he's doing (long may it continue). He was ours dammit. I hope Wigan appreciate him like we would have done.

Classic victor yesterday for Wigan's goal.

I share your sentiments, Wigan have got themselves one hell of a player there and at a bargain price...if only we weren't in this crap financial state we have been in a position to turn down the £2.5m and keep him for another couple of seasons. He'll leave Wigan for £10mill+ in a few years.

ANDYEAGLE
21-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Well done Victor. Bit of an own goal for the Wigan knockers on here as well.
One more win should see them safe now. Well done Wigan.

James
21-03-2010, 11:07 AM
I also have very mixed feeling about this. I admit that part of me wants to see him fail to justify the miserly fee we received for him, and perhaps to say that he made the wrong choice when agreeing to leave us for Wigan - but I am also happy that a truly gifted player that our academy has helped create is being recognised for the talent which he undoubtedly has.

It is increasingly looking like Wigan have indeed go themselves the bargain of the decade at our expense.

The Omen
21-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I hope he's a brilliant success.

I'm sure he appreciates everything Palace did for him - unlike Bostock.

Woosie
21-03-2010, 12:47 PM
In the BBC gossip collumn, it says that Man United want James Mccarthy for 8 million :eek: so having played a handful of games for Wigan, if he is worth that much, how much must Victor be worth?

sydnsteve
22-03-2010, 09:40 AM
It was robbery, and I am still perplexed how no-one else came in for him. A really massive talent. And good luck to martinez for backing hisn judgement.

Sick Bucket
22-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah I understand what James means and part of me wants him to fail too just so we don't feel so ripped off, but really, considering everything, his childhood and the way he conducted himself with us, I hope he makes it to the absolute top. I'd like him to go to Barca as I'd hate to see him in a w@nkers shirt.

Glazier69
22-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I share your sentiments, Wigan have got themselves one hell of a player there and at a bargain price...

Johnson from Boro to Man City for £8m was it? We wuz robbed! :sob:

AJ
22-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Johnson from Boro to Man City for £8m was it? We wuz robbed! :sob:

IMO Johnson is currently a much better player than Moses. May not always be that way, but, today he is.

ChiswickEagle
22-03-2010, 02:57 PM
IMO Johnson is currently a much better player than Moses. May not always be that way, but, today he is.

Saw Johnson play yesterday for Citeh against Fulham. Disregarding his ridiculously coloured boots, he looked a class act.

long_way to _NJ
22-03-2010, 04:52 PM
and perhaps to say that he made the wrong choice when agreeing to leave us for Wigan -

I do not understand this bit? Enlighten me :confused:

Scrumpy
12-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Rumours are circulating on QPR boards that he really unsettled up north and is going to join QPR in the summer for £3.5m.

Can't see it happening myself but would be gutting to see him back in the championship if true, as we really could of done with VM this back end of the season.

AJ
12-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Rumours are circulating on QPR boards that he really unsettled up north and is going to join QPR in the summer for £3.5m.

Can't see it happening myself but would be gutting to see him back in the championship if true, as we really could of done with VM this back end of the season.

According to someone on another thread it was reported as the fans forum meeting that Palace have a sell on fee for Victor.

imashed
12-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Vic prob didn't have much choice about leaving us.

cpfcfan1
12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
3.5 mil thats a big chunk of warnocks 10m war chest

kolinkins
14-04-2010, 09:26 PM
What the **** is Martinez doing to him?

philsick
14-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Same thing he's done to ben watson.Not good:(

pardew's shorts
14-04-2010, 09:31 PM

kolinkins
14-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Bedding him in slowly. McCarthy, who is playing great for them, didn't play for ages - plus they're in a relegation scrap.

When Victor struggled for game time with us, I don't recall you questioning NW?

:)

Warnock wasnt playing Jason Scotland ahead of him. Had he been, I would have questioned it. Had Warnock not been using him this season, I would have questioned it too - at 19 the more game time the better. As a 17/18 year old, I could understand keeping him out.

Plus, Warnock didnt pay £2.5m for him.

dufski13
14-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Why, didn't watch/listen tonight ? Is Martinez particularly responsible for doing anything to him though ? He has a very good squad at Wigan & I for one can't see anyone who Victor should immediately supplant in the starting 11. But I thought Victor had played a fair bit & was being brought along quite well ?
One thing for sure, Adam Johhnson he most certainly is not, not a patch on him. He may get there, but right now not even close.

pardew's shorts
14-04-2010, 09:37 PM

dufski13
14-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Ok Scotland aside having just seen the post above. Nonetheless I think maybe we have over exagerated Moses ability & effectiveness. In truth he has had about a dozen games this season where he has really influenced the outcome of a game so far in his whole career. I didn't expect Moses to go & set the premiership alight this season. A good bedding in period & a good pre-season should see him ready to go a bit stronger next season. But contrary to BBS valuations of him Victor isn't Messi, just yet.

jobiinthelastmi
14-04-2010, 10:04 PM
I knew this would happen. Wigan is a stupid crappy pointless tin pot club.

Moses needed quality around him, if he can't get into the Wigan team then being in another clubs reserves wouldn't have done him any harm.

pardew's shorts
15-04-2010, 10:00 AM

ANDYEAGLE
15-04-2010, 10:10 AM
I knew this would happen. Wigan is a stupid crappy pointless tin pot club.

Moses needed quality around him, if he can't get into the Wigan team then being in another clubs reserves wouldn't have done him any harm.

He has got good players around him and has been given playing time.
If he had gone to a top club he would not be even on the bench.
I think Martinez will bring him along nicely and to be fair he still has to prove himself. As for Wigan being a pointless tin pot club? Why. They have done fantastic to achieve what they have and good luck to them.
We should keep our insults for the likes of Manure and Chelsea,not for a small club like them.

Palace Palare
18-04-2010, 02:17 PM
BBC - Wigan vs Arsenal1511: Victor Moses has been a bundle of trouble since he came on and he threatens to set up an equaliser as he bursts down the left again, but Sol Campbell tidies up for Arsenal.

hamge
18-04-2010, 02:22 PM
lol @ Arsenal

Moses set up BEN WATSON to score

ANDYEAGLE
18-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Well done Wigan. Great performance and safe now.
Great performances from Victor and Ben.

west country boy
18-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Interesting Martinez quote from the NOTW (yes, I know) in article about Rodallega:

If you see other teams paying attention to our players like Hugo or Charles N'Zogbia, Diame, James McCarthy and Victor Moses, it shows we're doing something right.

thefox
18-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Kiss tel Par ras just got a mention on Thai TV :lux:

thefox
18-04-2010, 02:35 PM
and again :lux:

David Amsalem
18-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Tony Gale on SSN described it "as a goal made in Crystal Palace".

BulletEagle
18-04-2010, 03:33 PM
He has got good players around him and has been given playing time.
If he had gone to a top club he would not be even on the bench.
I think Martinez will bring him along nicely and to be fair he still has to prove himself. As for Wigan being a pointless tin pot club? Why. They have done fantastic to achieve what they have and good luck to them.
We should keep our insults for the likes of Manure and Chelsea,not for a small club like them.

I really think Martinez, alongside Wenger, is one of two managers who are perfect for Moses.

What happened when Bruce bought Watson, was he froze him out after two games.

Martinez understands Moses' need for adjustment, as Wenger would, and has gently eased him in, and now he has adjusted Moses is playing well again.

jobiinthelastmi
18-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Big crowd at Wigan today

22k against Arsenal :S:

etu
18-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Ben was involved in just about everyone of Wigan's hilights.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
18-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Yep, Ben looked superb from the highlights

spotkick
18-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm delighted they are both doing well, especially Ben.