PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland now in for Clyne?

cockles
31-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Bruce is ready to offer about £1million for Clyne, 18. A Selhurst Park insider said: “It’s pretty obvious a lot of players will be sold as there are a lot of talented youngsters at the club. Nathaniel is a really good lad and a talented player and there is a lot of interest in him. It’s likely he will leave before the end of the window.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sunderland-set-to-snatch-Crystal-Palace-starlet-Nathaniel-Clyne-article306077.html

Kiraly_legend
31-01-2010, 08:21 AM
The floodgates have opened :( this isn't going to be a fun 48hours.

Coulsdon Eagle
31-01-2010, 08:31 AM
there probably wont be the mass exodus of players we all imagine, for one thing, we still have to be able to put a team out, we're not blessed with a vast squad of first team players, even the administrator knows that, i dont for one minute think he'd deplete the squad beyond absolute necessity, (hope that doesn't come back to haunt me)

pauldrulez
31-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I want more than a million, but I think we could just about handle losing Clyne and Moses if we kept the rest.

Slide Butts back to right back. Scannell or Andrew come in and we're doing alright.

We've always got Abnett as well. He's pretty highly rated.

jams1234
31-01-2010, 08:47 AM
I'd prefer to put Abnett RB and keep Butts on the wing. That formula worked yesterday.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
31-01-2010, 09:21 AM
there probably wont be the mass exodus of players we all imagine, for one thing, we still have to be able to put a team out, we're not blessed with a vast squad of first team players, even the administrator knows that, i dont for one minute think he'd deplete the squad beyond absolute necessity, (hope that doesn't come back to haunt me)
I think the more worrying thing is that it could be 'any' rather than 'many' of our players. So far we've lost 2 of our best, suggesting it's quality (ie larger transfer fee) than quantity (reducing operating costs) that is the priority.

Jason
31-01-2010, 09:22 AM
£1m is not enough imho. Needs must of course, but with Clyne not being on big wages, we need to be getting a decent fee for him. I actually think he's more likely to make it at the very highest level (IE chapmions League / internationals) than Moses, so would be disappointed to see us get much less than we get for Victor

philsick
31-01-2010, 09:29 AM
I've heard sunderland are in the shit.The owner wants the chairman gone ect ect.My next door neighbour is a sunderland nut and is always on the phone to people in the know there.I will ask him if the clyne interesis real.

hughff
31-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Losing Clyne is in some ways worse than losing Moses. The reason for that is that we've all known that Moses was gone this window but I'd hoped we might sneak Clyne uynder the radar. No such luck, it seems.

pap
31-01-2010, 10:07 AM
I saw a man in a Fulham coat yesterday at Selhurst (either a scout or a Fulham fan come to his senses) wouldn't suprise me if they bid for him.

Owngoal
31-01-2010, 10:13 AM
If there are sell on clauses will alace 2010 be entitled to them. If our two pearls end up at Wigan and Sunderland and do well they will move on within two years. I'd rather have seen them go to Arsenal to give them the chance to do an 'Ashley' there, with chance of a loan back.

spiny norman
31-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Losing Clyne is in some ways worse than losing Moses. The reason for that is that we've all known that Moses was gone this window but I'd hoped we might sneak Clyne uynder the radar. No such luck, it seems.

Agree with this.
I believe Clyne can become an England player.

Woodside_CP
31-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I've heard sunderland are in the shit.The owner wants the chairman gone ect ect.My next door neighbour is a sunderland nut and is always on the phone to people in the know there.I will ask him if the clyne interesis real.

Paper talk says their in for Robbie Keane and Alan Hutton as well. Cant be that much in the shit they're talking about splashing out £14 mill or so for these two.

Clyne for a £1mill I could swallow (bitterly) if it meant we kept Danns, Speroni and Ambrose.

The main reason being that we have a ready made replacement in Abnett + the experienced Butterfield.

Cleon
31-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I would be very disappointed if we lost Clyne as well as Moses.

Kevan Woz Awful
31-01-2010, 12:24 PM
The floodgates have opened :( this isn't going to be a fun 48hours.
And to think I used to enjoy transfer deadline day......:sob:

gadford4th
31-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I can't quite put my finger on why but I feel worse about the prospect of Clyne leaving than I do Moses. Probably the £1million fee. I think Clyne has what it takes to be a top top player.

gold76
31-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Would be great to keep him, at least until the summer. Here he gets regular game time, at Sunderland, he may just be a sub.

mik59
31-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Losing Clyne is in some ways worse than losing Moses. Agreed and for same reasons as discussed at start of season. For me, we can just about fill the gaps that Moses will leave, with similar although not quite the same - no one has his box of tricks exactly. But defenders of Clyne's quality do not come around often and when they do they have a high price. As others have said before, there was more than a thrilling hint of Kenny Sansom (or Cole on his loan spell) when we first saw Nathaniel. If he went he would leave a very big hole. We have substitutes but we lose someone who can only rise in value.

Mojo Jojo
31-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Paper talk says their in for Robbie Keane and Alan Hutton as well. Cant be that much in the shit they're talking about splashing out £14 mill or so for these two.

Clyne for a £1mill I could swallow (bitterly) if it meant we kept Danns, Speroni and Ambrose.

The main reason being that we have a ready made replacement in Abnett + the experienced Butterfield.

agree 100% with this.

although more would be nice :hmph:

GanbareWashi
31-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I can't quite put my finger on why but I feel worse about the prospect of Clyne leaving than I do Moses. Probably the £1million fee. I think Clyne has what it takes to be a top top player.

Totally agree, I think Clyne is a class player and very likely to improve even more. Have not seen such a good fullback since Ashley Cole.

Rocky
31-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Spot on Gadford4th... £1mill for a young lad with his talent is just scandalous... and its Bostock all over again. In a "normal" transfer window, selling Moses and Clyne would be more than adequate to cover us financially until the end of the season without the need to cash in on any more of the family jewels... you can understand why Neil was astonished with the club going into administration!

GP luvs CP
31-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Excuse my ignorance but when does the windonw close? Is it midnight tonight or 5pm tomorrow?

Rocky
31-01-2010, 01:21 PM
...5pm tomorrow

GP luvs CP
31-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh dear - thanks for that. I keep checking Tinternet to see when the Palace player goes, gonna have to do it tomorrow at work as well.

roadrunner
31-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Was all optimistic yesterday now I`m in the dumps again.

Rocky
31-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm going to bury my head in the sand until 1700hrs tomorrow... only then will I see who's actually gone... and then the fight begins based around what we have...

montstar
31-01-2010, 01:34 PM
If there are sell on clauses will alace 2010 be entitled to them. If our two pearls end up at Wigan and Sunderland and do well they will move on within two years. I'd rather have seen them go to Arsenal to give them the chance to do an 'Ashley' there, with chance of a loan back.

No, all deals will be cash upfront, this also means any players wee sold in the last 10 years including bostock we will lose all their tie ins, which is why the administrator is trying to get a deal from spuds. The Fonte deal was reported to be 1.2-1.5 mill was apparently only half upfront about 800k rest on appearances Southampton getting promoted etc all lost:sob:

all the deals quoted moses etc will be cash upfront! Which makes 1 mil a better deal but still not brilliant. The only good news is we have cover and we need money so at least we have options.

917L
31-01-2010, 01:43 PM
No, all deals will be cash upfront, this also means any players wee sold in the last 10 years including bostock we will lose all their tie ins, which is why the administrator is trying to get a deal from spuds. The Fonte deal was reported to be 1.2-1.5 mill was apparently only half upfront about 800k rest on appearances Southampton getting promoted etc all lost:sob:

all the deals quoted moses etc will be cash upfront! Which makes 1 mil a better deal but still not brilliant. The only good news is we have cover and we need money so at least we have options.

Dont agree with any of this

If we lose all add ons from the Bostock deal, why would Spurs even contemplate buiying the clauses out now?

Yes, deals are likely to be cash up front (in the main) but theres no reason there cannot be sell on clauses that are attached to CPFC 2000 or any subsequent iteration of that club using its football league share

The Gerry Queen
31-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm going to bury my head in the sand until 1700hrs tomorrow... only then will I see who's actually gone... and then the fight begins based around what we have...

That's the best thing to do. All this speculation is doing my head in and we can't do anything about it. For what it's worth I think that three players will agree to be transfered ( remember they don't have to go if they don't want to )

Moses, Clyne and one other ( not Danns or Ambrose )

We will then have raised £4m, the figure the Administrator wants is reputedly between £3 and £4m and we will still have a squad capable of staying in this league with a bit to spare

Just wish a good new owner would appear next week ... you never know :)

New LP
31-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I want more than a million, but I think we could just about handle losing Clyne and Moses if we kept the rest.

Slide Butts back to right back. Scannell or Andrew come in and we're doing alright.

We've always got Abnett as well. He's pretty highly rated.

We also have John back as well, so that's another body.

pauldrulez
31-01-2010, 02:01 PM
To be fair, i'd rather add John to the list of Outs.

We've got Lee and Andrew. Scannell could play up top if both were hurt.

And then some youngsters if we need to fill the void.

kabbott
31-01-2010, 02:08 PM
In France I'm sure the window closes at midnight on Monday. Does that mean a French club could still come in with a cheeky bid tomorrow evening? I'm not sure of the rules here.

RDSdaEAGLE
31-01-2010, 02:09 PM

Portsmouth weren't in the shit until someone stopped servicing their debt; I don't think a club's spending is any indicator of financial fluidity.

selhurst cookie
31-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Great idea :p

kabbott
31-01-2010, 02:10 PM
To be fair, i'd rather add John to the list of Outs.

We've got Lee and Andrew. Scannell could play up top if both were hurt.

And then some youngsters if we need to fill the void.

Me too. Id rather see Andrew who just needs to polish up on his finishing or Pinney or even Zaha who is getting some rave reviews these days.

Jason
31-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Dont agree with any of this

If we lose all add ons from the Bostock deal, why would Spurs even contemplate buiying the clauses out now?

Yes, deals are likely to be cash up front (in the main) but theres no reason there cannot be sell on clauses that are attached to CPFC 2000 or any subsequent iteration of that club using its football league share

As I understand it, it's all to do with the legalities of coming out of administration. Basically, the existing legal entity (CPFC 2000) is wound up, while the club carries on under a new company. Any future money that becomes due will still need to be paid, but it will go into the "old" company (or more specifically, providing extra dividend for their creditors), meaning the club never sees it.

Attching sell ons to a successor company is likely to be seen as willfully trying to avoid liabilities. This will therefore almost certainly be blocked by the FL, and a condition of exiting administration (or at least doing so without a 15-30 point penalty) will be that any fees will go to CPFC 200. The new entity is of course starting out without a penny of debt as it is.

The value for Spurs of buying out the clauses, is that this may prove much less costly in the long run than paying for them as they fall due. Perhaps a more relevant question is however to ask why Spurs would pay for the clauses now, when his career appears to be going nowhere fast !

AJ
31-01-2010, 02:18 PM
This is really depressing. I understand the need, but, this means in 2 years we will have lost 3 of the best players to ever come out of the Palace academy...

Jason
31-01-2010, 02:31 PM
This is really depressing. I understand the need, but, this means in 2 years we will have lost 3 of the best players to ever come out of the Palace academy...

This is true, but there is a bright side. Hopefully at some point, this will all be over, and we will have a debt free club, and maybe one that even owns its own gound. We have produced some wonderful youth players in recent seasons, as demonstrated by the fact that the players have been there to sell.

Hopefully the next stage of our history will see us making use of the players coming through the academy, and less wasted on "big money signings". Having now been through admin twice, hopefully as a group of fans, we will also learn that the club must live within its means, and not badger the new owners to "compete" by throwing money around.

Jay_Palace
31-01-2010, 02:32 PM
He's a long term contract - surely we can get more than a million for him.

TONBRIDGE EAGLE
31-01-2010, 02:39 PM
:grrr: Lets hope we don't get offers for any of the academy/schoolboy players they are also up for grabs lest we forget!

glenn.f
31-01-2010, 02:43 PM
:grrr: Lets hope we don't get offers for any of the academy/schoolboy players they are also up for grabs lest we forget!

Valid point, i must admit i've been wondering if any clubs out there have been looking at some of our more talented lads from the 18's etc. and where we stand on collecting fees for these lads.
Could be even more daylight robbery if there is no sell on clauses.

JamTheEagle
31-01-2010, 02:51 PM
In France I'm sure the window closes at midnight on Monday. Does that mean a French club could still come in with a cheeky bid tomorrow evening? I'm not sure of the rules here.

It shuts on 5pm Monday, anyone can bid before then. What I fear is the backlog of last minute deals which come after it's closure...

AJ
31-01-2010, 03:14 PM
He's a long term contract - surely we can get more than a million for him.

Not relevant as all the Adminstrator wants is money.

What?
31-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Sunderland? The most nothing club in the Premiership? Not even I would play for them!

montstar
31-01-2010, 03:18 PM
As I understand it, it's all to do with the legalities of coming out of administration. Basically, the existing legal entity (CPFC 2000) is wound up, while the club carries on under a new company. Any future money that becomes due will still need to be paid, but it will go into the "old" company (or more specifically, providing extra dividend for their creditors), meaning the club never sees it.

Attching sell ons to a successor company is likely to be seen as willfully trying to avoid liabilities. This will therefore almost certainly be blocked by the FL, and a condition of exiting administration (or at least doing so without a 15-30 point penalty) will be that any fees will go to CPFC 200. The new entity is of course starting out without a penny of debt as it is.

The value for Spurs of buying out the clauses, is that this may prove much less costly in the long run than paying for them as they fall due. Perhaps a more relevant question is however to ask why Spurs would pay for the clauses now, when his career appears to be going nowhere fast !

Thanks for putting that more clearly than me!-)

May I just add the administrator - I doubt- will be after any future clauses just straight cash now, which is not the norm fro most transfers and prices you hear bantered around so if a million is quoted a million we will get, whereas say 8 million for delph they will only start of with a couple if theyre lucky and in 5 years if he fulfils his potential they will will end up with considerably more.

NateEagle
31-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I saw a man in a Fulham coat yesterday at Selhurst (either a scout or a Fulham fan come to his senses) wouldn't suprise me if they bid for him.

Well hopefully he was watching yesterdays game cos clyne didnt play that well compared to what we all know he is capable of!

Id agree that losing him would be as big a loss as victor and he may go on to be a bigger player potentially

cpfcfan1
31-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Sunderland are interested in 3 RB, not one of them Clyne/

CPFC_DAVE77
31-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Sunderland? The most nothing club in the Premiership? Not even I would play for them!

They are more of a club than Hull and Wigan for a start.

imashed
31-01-2010, 11:32 PM
would a young lad like him want to move/play all the way up there?

eagles #1
31-01-2010, 11:41 PM
In for Burnley's Tyrone Mears....Who also plays RB?

The Gerry Queen
31-01-2010, 11:44 PM
In for Burnley's Tyrone Mears....Who also plays RB?

Also in for Hutton from Spurs apparantly....maybe they see Clyne as one for the future and could do a loan back for the rest of the season like Kyle Naughton at Sheff U ( just hoping against hope here )

Vince Hilaire's Afro
01-02-2010, 12:15 AM
They are more of a club than Hull and Wigan for a start.

And Palace?

David Amsalem
01-02-2010, 12:16 AM
My personal opinion on this is that they're going to try and get a deal for Hutton, Mears or Beye early on in the day but if that fails, they'll turn to Clyne.

CPFC_DAVE77
01-02-2010, 12:23 AM
And Palace?

I didn't say that, just that there are 'worse' teams than Sunderland for a player to join.

NZsparky
01-02-2010, 01:58 AM
That's the best thing to do. All this speculation is doing my head in and we can't do anything about it. For what it's worth I think that three players will agree to be transfered ( remember they don't have to go if they don't want to )

Moses, Clyne and one other ( not Danns or Ambrose )

We will then have raised £4m, the figure the Administrator wants is reputedly between £3 and £4m and we will still have a squad capable of staying in this league with a bit to spare

Just wish a good new owner would appear next week ... you never know :)
Except there is now an extra 1 million to Agilo for the recent unsecured loan and then there is the administrators fee which I cannot image being small:(

Vince Hilaire's Afro
01-02-2010, 09:42 AM
I didn't say that, just that there are 'worse' teams than Sunderland for a player to join.

I know you didn't - but I am! We all love Palace of course, but I can't understand why a club with a better ground, bigger fanbase, and more illustrious history than us deserved such a comment from the original poster.

Who Cares?
01-02-2010, 09:56 AM
....maybe they see Clyne as one for the future and could do a loan back for the rest of the season like Kyle Naughton at Sheff U ( just hoping against hope here )

I wonder whether a loan back is possible given that, presumably, we have an embargo?

Sick Bucket
01-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I don“t want to see him go but if we only lose NC and VM I think we“ll be fine, lose Speroni and Danns with these 2 and I think we“re screwed.

CPFC987
01-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Rejected move to Wolves. :lux:

pardew's shorts
01-02-2010, 01:04 PM

KungFuCharlie
01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Source?

I'm staggered to read so many comments intimating that they'd be happy to receive £1m for Clyne. He is an outstanding prospect and, no hyperbole intended, a future England international.

Yes, but he's not someone who will decide whether we stay up or not.

Eddie'S Dad
01-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Source?

I'm staggered to read so many comments intimating that they'd be happy to receive £1m for Clyne. He is an outstanding prospect and, no hyperbole intended, a future England international.
#

Here ... http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1771_5909426,00.html

Power to the Palace
He said no !!!!

I wonder whether he's holding out for a better Club, or whether he just thought "I want to stay at Palace" - but refusing to even talk to them is a pretty bold statement from the lad. Good on him.

917L
01-02-2010, 01:13 PM
So potentially (cup half full) he's happy and doesnt wish to move at all

EMLEY EAGLE
01-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Well done Nat!

PhilC
01-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Tomorrow night has just got extra tasty :)

Clyne to score! :p

spotkick
01-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Well done Nat - your not stupid Wolves are heading out of the Prem and the Cup :p

Neil Warnock will have no problems motivating the team, Mick Mccarthy has done it for him.

Looking forward to a ding dong cup tie under the lights.