PDA

View Full Version : Clubs stealing our 12-14 year olds

Bluewater eagle
31-01-2010, 03:36 PM
According to the Sunday Mirror Chelsea & Fulham are among a group of Premiership clubs who have been in contact with the administrators and are offering small amounts of money to take our 12-14 year old off us

F**king Vultures :veryangry

What?
31-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Fulham and Roy Hodgson have gone right down in my estimation over the last few weeks after some of the stories that have come out!

SJ'sLoveMonkey
31-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Football really is a disgusting business, nothing more than vultures

unsensibleLiam
31-01-2010, 03:49 PM
More disgraceful than the Spuds nicking Bostock.

Psychokiller
31-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I thought kids of that age weren't allowed to be transferred anymore?

cross_eyed_ed
31-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Hopefully the administrator has read Dougie Freedman's letter on the trust web-site.

Shipp Ahoy!
31-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Tell them to piss off, they are never going to offer us anywhere near an amount worthwhile and these kids are likely the future of this club.

Surely it would make no sense to destroy this clubs future and with it a lot of interest of many investors/potential buyers.

jobiinthelastmi
31-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Chelsea and Fulham FOAD :p

howard
31-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Out of everything else, the descimation of the academy will be hardest to take for .

Woosie
31-01-2010, 03:58 PM
This is disgraceful if true, but i can't see why we would sell them unless the offers are like at least 100k because that wouldn't really benefit the club in the short term let alone the long term?

You got a link to the story?

IAN WALSH
31-01-2010, 04:05 PM
doesnt surprise me one bit i ran a tandridge A league team for 7 years and some of the strokes the other managers pulled or tried made me sick i gave it up last year and dont miss it one bit, just goes to proove football is rotten to the core all the way down the pyramid.
i'll still be at palace for my 33rd season come august, some habits are too hard to break

CPFC_flake
31-01-2010, 04:07 PM
God i ******* hate Chelsea, i have multipul 'mates' who 'follow' them and they actually think even after proof that Scott Sinclair came through there youth system......there just so unbelievably armchairishly dumb. Hate isnt even the word. The term 'Go on the Chels' makes me literally want to throw up in there stupid ******* oblivious smug scaffolder **** faces.

Psychokiller
31-01-2010, 04:10 PM
God i ******* hate Chelsea, i have multipul 'mates' who 'follow' them and they actually think even after proof that Scott Sinclair came through there youth system......there just so unbelievably armchairishly dumb. Hate isnt even the word. The term 'Go on the Chels' makes me literally want to throw up in there stupid ******* oblivious smug scaffolder **** faces.
Yep. It's amazing how many members of the master race (ie overweight, bald white blokes with extremely low IQs) in Chelsea shirts you see around London at 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon when Chelsea are playing at home. Shit club, shit fans. In fact they're not fans at all, they're customers.

Chappo
31-01-2010, 04:21 PM
I was speaking to a top Chelski scout yesterday who says that Palace offered the youngsters to Chelsea for money a few weeks ago at there youth matches as they knew what was coming.Shame if that was the case.Without the youth set up we have no future :confused:

selhurst cookie
31-01-2010, 05:42 PM
According to the Sunday Mirror Chelsea & Fulham are among a group of Premiership clubs who have been in contact with the administrators and are offering small amounts of money to take our 12-14 year old off us

F**king Vultures :veryangry
Idiots :veryangry those poor kids who could play for palace are going to rot in the Premiership acadamies :sob:

Dingle
31-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Every day I wake up thinking that there is nothing more that modern football can do to disgust me and make me more disillusioned than I already am with the game. And then a story like this emerges. I feel physically sick. It's one thing big clubs scr*wing us over for our first teamers just because we're in administration but to tear apart our academy is just classless. And these are teams who bring in millions upon millions of pounds a year in revenue, tv rights, etc, more money than we could dream of at the moment but they are still willing to rape us for our youth talent just because they can. And the worst thing is the FA, whose job it is to protect smaller clubs like us, will just sit there and let it happen. It makes me ******** sick. I am beginning to really, really hate football and if it weren't for the fact that my club really needs my support right now, i'd quite happily turn my back on the game I used to love so much.

Lfm93
31-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I thought kids of that age weren't allowed to be transferred anymore?

Any player can leave without compensation being arranged if they are under 14 - clubs simply hold a registration to play - they can move if they want and do all the time - and don't think Palace wouldn't do the same:D

ebyeeckeagle
31-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Any player can leave without compensation being arranged if they are under 14 - clubs simply hold a registration to play - they can move if they want and do all the time - and don't think Palace wouldn't do the same:D

I thought 12-14 years old had travel distances imposed (i.e. had to be within an hours drive of the training ground or something). Not that that matters to the likes of Chlescum and Manure - I imagine they just relocate the whole ******* family.

Brett
31-01-2010, 07:10 PM
We might as well give up and restructure the whole thing. Let the corporations have their way but maybe we can manufacture a way for young players to play together as long as possible and get an education in the process.

All the sport is doing at the moment is creating monsters from top to bottom and these kids - and those with them and the sport at heart - don't deserve the inordinate suffering of the downsides this slave trading.

Santos-er
31-01-2010, 07:47 PM
The new depths to which Professional football seems to constantly sink never surprises me.

Chappo
31-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I run an under 13 school district side including around 10 boys at pro clubs,i was informed that to get them to move the parents need to imform the club and premier league by letter,and only in the transfer window as top players.It seems that even at the young ages it is a cattle market of sorts.

roadrunner
31-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Every day I wake up thinking that there is nothing more that modern football can do to disgust me and make me more disillusioned than I already am with the game. And then a story like this emerges. I feel physically sick. It's one thing big clubs scr*wing us over for our first teamers just because we're in administration but to tear apart our academy is just classless. And these are teams who bring in millions upon millions of pounds a year in revenue, tv rights, etc, more money than we could dream of at the moment but they are still willing to rape us for our youth talent just because they can. And the worst thing is the FA, whose job it is to protect smaller clubs like us, will just sit there and let it happen. It makes me ******** sick. I am beginning to really, really hate football and if it weren't for the fact that my club really needs my support right now, i'd quite happily turn my back on the game I used to love so much.All of this pretty much sums up how I feel.

cockles
31-01-2010, 09:24 PM
and they actually think even after proof that Scott Sinclair came through there youth system.....

Well, he actually didn't come through their system - I think they poached him from Bristol Rovers when he was 15 or so. Even scumbag John Terry wasn't their's - West Ham's if I remember rightly. Jody Morris was....if you remember him...

Any parent of a 12 y.o. needs their head seen to if they favour Chelsea or Fulham academies over Palace for football reasons. Depends on how many parents will take the 30 pieces of silver as to how many will stay at Palace.

That Croydon MP should be highlighting this carry on in the commons - not futile whinging over the 10 pts deduction from the same FA who were complicit in the theft of our UEFA Cup place for 1991-92.

FA, UEFA, FIFA etc need a proverbial bloody revolution to rid them of their rotten cores. I so hope Man Utd, Real Madrid and the like get forclosed. A catalyst like that could sweep a tidalwave of change through the "game" and let it become a sport again.

HRS
31-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Sorry but im just not buying this. I mean I know we're desperate but how many youngsters of 12-14 are bought and sold? Let alone for any real amount of money. And as any decent coach will tell you, even the best kids of this age group are still not exactly nailed on to turn pro. Just cant see it, I mean after all what exactly is a cheeky bid for a 12 year old?

Boyandy
31-01-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/files/imagecache/showhub-b-main/2009/02/04/Child_catcher.jpg

When questioned, the head of youth development at Stamford Bridge declined to comment.

Psychokiller
31-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Their old head of youth was much more sinister
http://graham-rix-news.newslib.com/img/logo/4661.jpg

Dirty nonce

unsensibleLiam
31-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I was speaking to a top Chelski scout yesterday who says that Palace offered the youngsters to Chelsea for money a few weeks ago at there youth matches as they knew what was coming.Shame if that was the case.Without the youth set up we have no future :confused:

Sounds like bullshit to me as no one knew it was coming.

spy
31-01-2010, 10:09 PM
It would be bad enough if Chelsea or Fulham steal some of the kids but is it actually possible that the administrators could sell the academy itself (including all the players and staff) to another club?

Ruskin Old Boy
31-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Hangabout. This was in the Sunday Mirror and everyone believes it? How many craps stories have we read in the newspapers about the Palace in the last few weeks?

If people want to believe the worst they will but I wouldn't believe anything published in the Mirror or the Sun or the Star or the Express*

* a few weeks ago the Express predicted 60,000 people would die in Britain as a result of the cold winter and compared it with the 67,000 civilians who died in WW2 (as of last week the number was 31) believe the gutter press at your peril.

HRS
31-01-2010, 10:28 PM
It would be bad enough if Chelsea or Fulham steal some of the kids but is it actually possible that the administrators could sell the academy itself (including all the players and staff) to another club?
I would imagine it is in theory but I wouldnt imagine its really workable. Either way I can tell you that the younger academy groups parents were given info last week that the academy wont be affected by the current situation for the time being.

nicknackpalace
31-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Hangabout. This was in the Sunday Mirror and everyone believes it? How many craps stories have we read in the newspapers about the Palace in the last few weeks?

Yes i agree let's not go overboard, just a bit of journalitsic mischief i expect

Walrus
01-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I would have thought that the Academy's potential to generate a return on investment is one of the very few gems that would interest any potential buyer and, as such, is (hopefully) the last thing that the administrators would look to slash and burn.

Clapham Grand
01-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I would have thought that the Academy's potential to generate a return on investment is one of the very few gems that would interest any potential buyer and, as such, is (hopefully) the last thing that the administrators would look to slash and burn.

indeed

Sick Bucket
01-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Every day I wake up thinking that there is nothing more that modern football can do to disgust me and make me more disillusioned than I already am with the game. And then a story like this emerges. I feel physically sick. It's one thing big clubs scr*wing us over for our first teamers just because we're in administration but to tear apart our academy is just classless. And these are teams who bring in millions upon millions of pounds a year in revenue, tv rights, etc, more money than we could dream of at the moment but they are still willing to rape us for our youth talent just because they can. And the worst thing is the FA, whose job it is to protect smaller clubs like us, will just sit there and let it happen. It makes me ******** sick. I am beginning to really, really hate football and if it weren't for the fact that my club really needs my support right now, i'd quite happily turn my back on the game I used to love so much.

^This I feel like posting that on every Prem, FA and football website.

Sick Bucket
01-02-2010, 01:09 PM

If people want to believe the worst they will but I wouldn't believe anything published in the Mirror or the Sun or the Star or the Express*

* a few weeks ago the Express predicted 60,000 people would die in Britain as a result of the cold winter and compared it with the 67,000 civilians who died in WW2 (as of last week the number was 31) believe the gutter press at your peril.

Good point, red misted has lifted a bit and I do hope youre right. I worked at the Express for a year and can confirm its a huge pile of w@nk with some of the most unpleasent people Ive ever had the misfortune to work with. That said as Dingle pointed out nothing would surprise me from the likes of Chelsea.

Glazier69
01-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I've heard Chelsea have opened a secret underground bunker where they keep and nurture illegitimate baby boys sired by their star players, and will unleash them into the world like little footballing "Boys from Brazil". The papers say that JT's bit of spare had a termination (allegedly).......I'm not so sure. :vader:

Diehard
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I read Mick Jones blog last week and thought it very informative and interesting. He made reference to a couple of outstanding youth players, one being Wilfred Zaha, stating that they would be big stars in his professional opinion. I suspect that is fairly common knowledge in football circles and hence it hardly comes as a surprise to me that big clubs would sneak in and pinch them if they could.
The insincerity of football clubs is remarkable. If asked about Palace's plight they would blather on about sympathy and offers of support and then run round and stab you in the back when the camera is turned off.

If Palace went bust and didn't reform I don't think I would retain any interest in the game at all....thanks to a 37 year love affair with Palace, I am hopelessly addicted to the game - despite being repulsed by its self destructing gluttony.

cockles
02-02-2010, 06:39 PM
I've heard Chelsea have opened a secret underground bunker where they keep and nurture illegitimate baby boys sired by their star players, and will unleash them into the world like little footballing "Boys from Brazil". The papers say that JT's bit of spare had a termination (allegedly).......I'm not so sure. :vader:

Phone the Sun, sell your evidence to them, they will print!

This clip shows you how:
fEGE2ohMnh8

RDSdaEAGLE
03-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Warnock said that Fulham offered Palace 30,000 for three of our academy players. What a bunch of *****.

RDSdaEAGLE
03-02-2010, 03:25 AM
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo154/rob_sutherland/Hodgsonchildsnatcher.jpg

walker87
03-02-2010, 03:49 AM
trained/trialed with Chelsea a few years back and it's a complete joke. had a 6 week trial, nobody made me feel welcome, and after the 6 weeks didn't even got a phone call! can see why their youth system is shocking

NZsparky
03-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Warnock said that Fulham offered Palace 30,000 for three of our academy players. What a bunch of *****.
I had the sad experience of meeting a phlem supporter last night who actually thought this was a reasonable offer:veryangry and then tried to justify it by saying it was more than chelscum offered. There is some real plankton out there

thereichstuff
06-02-2010, 12:51 PM
If its true then woy hodgson has gone right down in my estimation . Being a croydon boy himself it makes this all very galling :veryangry

immoralgiant
06-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I had the sad experience of meeting a phlem supporter last night who actually thought this was a reasonable offer:veryangry and then tried to justify it by saying it was more than chelscum offered. There is some real plankton out there
Fulham fan I know was as disgusted as I was, he was ashamed that his club would even contemplate it let alone put a bid in.

Budgie Byrne
08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappo
I was speaking to a top Chelski scout yesterday who says that Palace offered the youngsters to Chelsea for money a few weeks ago at there youth matches as they knew what was coming.Shame if that was the case.Without the youth set up we have no future

Sounds like bullshit to me as no one knew it was coming.

I also heard the same story early last week, that the administartor was looking at ways to raise much needed cash and this was one way of doing just that. I dismissed it as oine of those rumours, but perhaps there was more to it.

I think this is a question the Trust should ask the administrator, if they are ever given an opportunity to meet with him.

We should hold off having a pop at Fulham and Chelsea before the facts are known. I have every respect for Roy Hodgson and would be very surprised if he would support such a move from Fulham and despite what people think about Chelsea the same shoudl apply to them, not guilty until proven.

ffan
10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I would just like to apologise for my clubs behaviour toward Palace.

However, before you all go off slagging Roy Hodgson, please remember that Fulham have brought in a whole new academy structure. Malcolm Elias is the fella who puts in bids to sign youngsters, so if anyone is to blame it his him and not Roy.

cockles
10-02-2010, 09:28 PM
I would just like to apologise for my clubs behaviour toward Palace.

However, before you all go off slagging Roy Hodgson, please remember that Fulham have brought in a whole new academy structure. Malcolm Elias is the fella who puts in bids to sign youngsters, so if anyone is to blame it his him and not Roy.

Thanks for the apology. And helping us to refocus our hate campaign :D

Malcolm Elias
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/images5/180408-malcolm-elias.jpg

ffan
10-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the apology. And helping us to refocus our hate campaign :D

Malcolm Elias
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/images5/180408-malcolm-elias.jpg
Absolutely no problem, Roy doesn't deserve criticism for this.

And as you can see from the pic, we got Elias off of Liverpool where they have no morals when it comes to signing players as they are part of the big 4 :D

Beanie
17-02-2010, 04:14 PM
As nobody - not even SJ - outside Agilo knew what was coming (confirmed by BG when he was appointed) that seems unlikely (not that he told you, that it is true). BG has also confirmed that he has no plans to run down the Academy as he considers it one of the major club selling points. That could of cousre change with time, but right now it sounds like somebody trying to establish that aren't trying to raid the Academy for a pitance.