PDA

View Full Version : Clyne bid was 500k

hamge
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Warnock just confirmed on itv

Lizzy
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
which is what Palace will get in gate receipts and TV money for the Villa game.

ElwissAtMemphis
02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
... and it was accepted !! This really is a fire sale.

palacemaniac
02-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Glad Clyne told them to get lost, 500k is an absolute joke. Anyway 3-1, that's karma for you.

Ant1982
02-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I had a feeling tonights game had an air of fate about it after what McCarthy tried in the last 48 hours.

Karma in the highest order.

Psychokiller
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Aye the c-nts will regret it more knowing that had Clyne gone Danny Butterfield would probably have been at right back today :D

biggus mickus
02-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Bent nosed, piss taking , dog managing shit. Eat my turds.

That is all.

knobneck
02-02-2010, 10:57 PM
McCarthy also said that all of the bids he made in the transfer window were too high for the players in question. I assume he meant the Clyne bid as well. Muppet!

milky87
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
McCarthy also said that all of the bids he made in the transfer window were too high for the players in question. I assume he meant the Clyne bid as well. Muppet!

Piss off James

Chris K
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Wem-berley! Wem-berley! We're the famous Crystal Palace and we're going to Wem-berley!

k, thanks, bye!

roadrunner
02-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Even funnier if they go down.

Typical Palace
02-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Wolves really tried to take the role Charlton had last time round. And how much was it the Wallers offered us for Mullins and Clint? 100K?

How low can people get to trade on the misery of others? Football really can be a dirty business...

... apart from tonight 'Oh Danny Danny!'

screaming alice
02-02-2010, 11:22 PM
love the palace....that mick mccarthy is a joke,...serves his right cheeky mug!!!palace will always beat whatever team he manages...EAGLES...EAGLES..EAGLES!!!!

kolinkins
02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Can't believe the administrator accepted it

Nork1
02-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Bent nosed, piss taking , dog managing shit. Eat my turds.

That is all.

:D:D:D

Harry Holmesdale
02-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I thought we had the agents that were SFX or something in charge of valuations?

500k accepted for Clyne suggests some dodgy backhanders going on to me... can the Trust, PISA or anyone get involved in this?

Absolution
02-02-2010, 11:41 PM
He may have meant that is what Wolves would have paid up front?

GreatGonzo
03-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Administrator would not have dealt with anything that wasn't all cash up front.

I had it down to go to penalties with Clyne to score the winner.

RDSdaEAGLE
03-02-2010, 01:35 AM
A bid of that value being accepted indicates that the administrator doesn't know what he's doing. Even if he did know what he was doing, accepting such a bid suggests that he doesn't have the club's welfare at heart.

Quite embarrassing really; especially with the FA Cup money coming in.

Dedders
03-02-2010, 07:44 AM
A bid of that value being accepted indicates that the administrator doesn't know what he's doing. Even if he did know what he was doing, accepting such a bid suggests that he doesn't have the club's welfare at heart.

We are going bankrupt, mate, and we need to raise 1.5 mill before the end of the season or that's it. If we didnt get offered more for any of our other players he didnt have much choice.

Maidstoned Eagle
03-02-2010, 07:46 AM
We are going bankrupt, mate, and we need to raise 1.5 mill before the end of the season or that's it. If we didnt get offered more for any of our other players he didnt have much choice.
And after last night we're well on the way there without offloading players for a pittance.

The Addonians
03-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Aye the c-nts will regret it more knowing that had Clyne gone Danny Butterfield would probably have been at right back today :D

That's worth repeating. :afro:

JJ
03-02-2010, 09:14 AM

When the offer was accepted, he didn't know the club had more FA Cup money coming in, because we hadn't played and beaten Wolves at that stage. In addition, Wolves were probably favourites to win the game, regardless of their low position in the Premiership, so it could be that he was expecting no more cup money at all this season.

Look, I'm delighted Clyne is still a Palace player just as we all are, but let's hope that we don't go to the wall for the sake of 500k (other clubs have gone down for less than that...)

Chris Finch
03-02-2010, 09:18 AM
If push came to shove I reckon we could get 500k together in 2 days from fans if it meant we were definitely going to go under without it. I wouldn't keep worrying about little tid bits of money, we need to sort out getting a steady flow of money in ASAP so we can build from it.

st albans
03-02-2010, 09:26 AM
pretty sure we've signed a player or two on the cheap from teams in administration or in trouble

Voldo
03-02-2010, 09:30 AM
pretty sure we've signed a player or two on the cheap from teams in administration or in trouble

Calvin Andrew

m_reid
03-02-2010, 09:37 AM
what a joke! no wonder wolves didnt sign anyone decent with offer like that

Dedders
03-02-2010, 09:39 AM
And after last night we're well on the way there without offloading players for a pittance.

we're still well short.

sydnsteve
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
let's not get too carried away. We got Hills because the Wombles folded, and Andrew on the cheap from Luton. Also we have just borrowed 1.2 million from Agilo to help us through to the end of the season. So it is hardly surprising if the administrator wanted to take 500k.

Sandowneagle
03-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Clyne bid ended up at 600k after they originally offered 1.45m for Clyne & Moses. also offered 200k for Ambrose and asked about salary of N'Diaye although no bid was made.

Silly old Mick, she should have bid 500k for Danny B, he'd be in the next round of the cup!

LeeH
03-02-2010, 12:47 PM
The Daily Star has it down as 750k - found this in their article on the match:

young right-back Nathaniel Clyne *rejected the chance to join Wolves on transfer deadline day after Palace’s administrators *accepted a 750,000 bid.

917L
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
. also offered 200k for Ambrose

So stupid even the administrator turned it down

Gooders
03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Dear Mr Administrator.

I know you "love" working with football clubs as it's "great fun" and that we are up shit creek without the proverbial paddle but if you did truly accept an offer of 500,000 for Nathaniel Clyne, you are an imbecile.

That is all.

Carry on.

Yours,

Gooders

kolinkins
03-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Clyne bid ended up at 600k after they originally offered 1.45m for Clyne & Moses. also offered 200k for Ambrose and asked about salary of N'Diaye although no bid was made.

Silly old Mick, she should have bid 500k for Danny B, he'd be in the next round of the cup!

What a deluded ****.

Well done Aglio. You'd have been much better served not putting us in this position

eagle101
03-02-2010, 11:26 PM
I know everyone's bashing McCarthy, but I can't help but think it was more likely Moxey making these bids? McCarthy probably just gave him a list of the players from us he was interested in and how much he thought they were worth, Moxey probably went in low.

Perhaps this is backed up by Warnock commenting on Moxey always being after a bargain as well?

Adlerhorst
04-02-2010, 06:51 AM
What a deluded ****.

Well done Aglio. You'd have been much better served not putting us in this position
Would they? Not convinced by that at all tbh.

sw16girl
04-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Dear Mr Administrator.

I know you "love" working with football clubs as it's "great fun" and that we are up shit creek without the proverbial paddle but if you did truly accept an offer of 500,000 for Nathaniel Clyne, you are an imbecile.

That is all.

Carry on.

Yours,

Gooders

Are those Quotes from something?

kolinkins
04-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Would they? Not convinced by that at all tbh.

We may have got more for moses (up for debate) and better offers for the rest (which would have been accepted).

917L
04-02-2010, 08:16 AM
We may have got more for moses (up for debate) and better offers for the rest (which would have been accepted).

The offers made were accepted (bar the Ambrose insult)

So it mattereed not how much the bid was, only that the players decided they didnt wish to leave(to the clubs interested anyway)

The Addonians
04-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Read on a link on another thread that he NC was offered 10K a week from Wolves, if thats true it's even more amazing that he wasn't interested because i can't imagine he's on more than 2/3K here (although to be honest i have no idea what he earns).

E_girl
04-02-2010, 09:09 AM
i can't imagine he's on more than 2/3K here (although to be honest i have no idea what he earns).

A lot less than that

Adlerhorst
04-02-2010, 09:35 AM
We may have got more for moses (up for debate) and better offers for the rest (which would have been accepted).I disagree with this lots.

There is no evidence to suggest that in any way shape or form.

We were desperate to sell before admin, we were desperate to sell in admin. This was not unknown outside of Crystal Palace at all.

Can you show me a bid that was received for Moses before admin that was higher than we eventually got for him? Can you show me a player who was sold in this transfer window of an equivalent stature who went for more than Moses?

No, didn't think so.

CornishPalace
04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Read on a link on another thread that he NC was offered 10K a week from Wolves, if thats true it's even more amazing that he wasn't interested because i can't imagine he's on more than 2/3K here (although to be honest i have no idea what he earns).

Surely the fact that Clyne refused to even have talks with Wolves means that they wouldn't have been able to talk to him about wages?

The Addonians
04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Surely the fact that Clyne refused to even have talks with Wolves means that they wouldn't have been able to talk to him about wages?

Maybe, i was just quoting from another thread. Even so i'm sure they could have made NC aware of the sort of money he could have earned.

SE London Eagle
04-02-2010, 12:23 PM
I disagree with this lots.

There is no evidence to suggest that in any way shape or form.

We were desperate to sell before admin, we were desperate to sell in admin. This was not unknown outside of Crystal Palace at all.

Can you show me a bid that was received for Moses before admin that was higher than we eventually got for him? Can you show me a player who was sold in this transfer window of an equivalent stature who went for more than Moses?

No, didn't think so.

Er... how about Adam Johnson. Yes he has more experience than Moses but does he really have 4mil worth??

The Omen
04-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Er... how about Adam Johnson. Yes he has more experience than Moses but does he really have 4mil worth??

To be honest, in Adam Johnson's case, I would say yes. Proven to be able to cope in the Premier league and obviously a different class in the Championship.

cpfc4evandeva
04-02-2010, 12:48 PM

Yes. A day or two after the aminstrator was put in charge he said that enjoyed this sort of stuff and that it was good fun.

His life sounds a tad empty imo.

Gooders
04-02-2010, 02:03 PM

The bloke in the borrowed club tie was quoted on here as saying something along those lines, yes.