PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose off?

BulletEagle
15-02-2010, 08:21 AM
He waved at the ground as he walked out yesterday, very rare that happens if the player is going anywhere.

StudentEagle
15-02-2010, 08:24 AM
He waved at the ground as he walked out yesterday, very rare that happens if the player is going anywhere.

They all applauded and waved to all four stands. Are you suggesting the entire team is off?

El Aguila
15-02-2010, 08:31 AM
I'll get my boots.

rhynoeagle
15-02-2010, 08:31 AM
He always waves to a certain spot in the WhiteHorse so i dont think he is.

Lords Eagle
15-02-2010, 08:34 AM
What and miss a possible Wembley appearance? Nah? :)

Penstone Eagle
15-02-2010, 08:38 AM

What a ridiculous thread, are we going to have this every time someone waves.

Maidstoned Eagle
15-02-2010, 08:40 AM
I guess Scannell will be staying then.

jhc
15-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Don't worry, he's not going anywhere. You've misread the body language.

ScottHooky
15-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I thought he applauded the Whitehorse, started walking to the dressing rooms and then turned back to applaud again when Warnock got the players together near the centre circle. It was only during the "second" time he waved so seemed fairly innoculous to me?

thereichstuff
15-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Im sure he was waving up at the boxes , there is a player and family one near the old stand .

cpfc4eva&eva&ev
15-02-2010, 08:59 AM

His family are in the boxes and always waves up there.

cranesparkeagle
15-02-2010, 09:00 AM

:D

Owngoal
15-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Pointless thread no 2 after 'are we a better team without Fonte'

BulletEagle
15-02-2010, 09:32 AM
I didn't know he waved every game, I didn't notice everyone waving

Seaside Eagle
15-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I didn't know he waved every game, I didn't notice everyone waving

I believe Nick Carle and Neil Danns both wave and applaud the Whitehorse. Not sure about Danns, but Carle has family that sit there.

kabbott
15-02-2010, 11:05 AM
If he hadn't waved, someone would have started a thread saying that the ungrateful b*stard Ambrose didn't wave. You can't win, can you?

The Gerry Queen
15-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh Please ! What a silly thread

Gollum
15-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I waved back.....
Am I going too ?

Absolution
15-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Probably just soaking up the atmosphere, was a hell of a free kick in a big game.

Nelson Muntz
15-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Darren Ambrose always brings his family to the games. His wife is at every home game with their young daughter. Sometimes his parents come along too.
They always sit in the boxes above the Whitehorse. Celebrating a recent goal, Darren showed the tatt of his wifes name to the box.
He was waving to his wife. End of.

Chris K
15-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I can't believe i've wasted 15 seconds of my life reading this tosh. Can we close thread please.

bigend1
15-02-2010, 01:06 PM
They all applauded and waved to all four stands. Are you suggesting the entire team is off?

my good god, it could be worse than we thought... he's saying goodbye to selhurst... he knows... we have lost the ground... gonna have to share with millwall and brighton and charlton at the valley... what else could it be?! :eek:

Shipp Ahoy!
15-02-2010, 01:17 PM

I wouldn't joke about that actually.

Riccardo
15-02-2010, 01:23 PM
His family are in the boxes and always waves up there.

Cool.

Never noticed it before, did yesterday and got worried !

dowieslovechild
15-02-2010, 01:31 PM
He waved at the ground as he walked out yesterday.

A strange place to wave towards? Why not instead wave at the 1000's of adoring fans :D

Vince Hilaire's Afro
15-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Did he clap the fans?

Kirby
15-02-2010, 01:43 PM
A strange place to wave towards? Why not instead wave at the 1000's of adoring fans :D

:D

Eddie'S Dad
16-02-2010, 11:03 PM
I waved back.....
Am I going too ?

To be fair, I waved back and I did leave very shortly afterwards, so perhaps he's got a point.

Sick Bucket
16-02-2010, 11:20 PM
What a wonderfully paranoid thread, not having a dig, just shows what a screwed up bunch of nervous wrecks we've become.

zonin2000
16-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Didn't he score a really good goal or something?

Anyway, Darren Ambrose, looks like a massive pikey, yet also manages to come across as a genuine good guy. Does anybody see where I'm coming from? It's really pleasing to see him do well and be happy for him (apart from the obvious reason that it benefits us).

cockles
17-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Can someone bin this thread please? Shame on the OP.

Malakite
17-02-2010, 12:33 AM
I can't believe i've wasted 15 seconds of my life reading this tosh. Can we close thread please.

ROFL :D

TonysMumsabitch
17-02-2010, 02:04 AM
He was waving at Riccardo.

FAIL.

elgin eagle
17-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Ambrose off for a shower?

welshneil
17-02-2010, 06:22 AM
Are you suggesting the entire team is off?
Nah they just hadn't showered yet!

Shipsisourking
17-02-2010, 06:32 AM
has he gone yet? Thats a sure sign hes left/leaving, i mean imagine a player who is having a fantastic season waving at his own fans, i reckon hes off for certain. Down the bookies when it opens chaps.

dowieslovechild
17-02-2010, 10:39 AM
To be fair, I waved back and I did leave very shortly afterwards, so perhaps he's got a point.

Are you an ant?

Beanie
17-02-2010, 04:07 PM
In all seriousness, what would be the point? BG has said he has demonstrated to the PFA the clubs ability to meet the wage bill, so no need for savings there. There can be no transfer, so not fee, until the summer, by which time, hopefully, this will all be over. Some income from the loan fee, but would that out-weigh the increased risk of potential relegation if Ambrose left? I can see more fringe players going for the incremental benefit, but not players whose departure could significantly imapct the team. There would be savings in the back room & office staff (and I really hope there won't be the need) that could match the benefit of the loan fee without making any difference on the field.

Seaside Eagle
22-02-2010, 07:04 PM
That twat on the QPR forums who keeps being correct is saying that Ambrose is DEFINITELY going to them. ****.

Gollum
22-02-2010, 07:17 PM
In all seriousness, what would be the point? BG has said he has demonstrated to the PFA the clubs ability to meet the wage bill, so no need for savings there. There can be no transfer, so not fee, until the summer, by which time, hopefully, this will all be over. Some income from the loan fee, but would that out-weigh the increased risk of potential relegation if Ambrose left? I can see more fringe players going for the incremental benefit, but not players whose departure could significantly imapct the team. There would be savings in the back room & office staff (and I really hope there won't be the need) that could match the benefit of the loan fee without making any difference on the field.

What's to stop the loan fee being in the region of, say, 1 million pounds ? Followed by, say, a free transfer in the summer ?

Freddy Kurz
23-02-2010, 10:08 AM
What's to stop the loan fee being in the region of, say, 1 million pounds ? Followed by, say, a free transfer in the summer ?

Was that a squadron of flying pigs seen heading towards Biggin Hill this
morning? Could they possibly be carrying the 1m Ambrose loan fee,
and was that him waving goodbye to Palace fans from his cockpit?
Or was this just another piece of totally unsubstantiated infantile
speculation?

james powell
23-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I waved at someone I know in the main stand last home game. I am leaving to. I'm going to be a Yeovil fan.

Beanie
23-02-2010, 11:47 AM
No club would pay that when they know a new owner, possibly a new manager might not want to sell in the summer. There is also the possibility that Ambrose might get injured and they'd want to send him back. BG isn't going to want money he might have to return, because he might have spent it!

gold76
23-02-2010, 12:30 PM
There's so much uncertainty at the moment. When we "rescued" Ambrose in the summer I think we only gave him a 2 year deal. If we are still in the same situation in May then I'm sure a stable club will offer 1 million for him.

It would be folly to let him go out on loan, another nail in our coffin, such has been our paucity of goals without him.

kestoneagle
23-02-2010, 12:39 PM
There's so much uncertainty at the moment. When we "rescued" Ambrose in the summer I think we only gave him a 2 year deal. If we are still in the same situation in May then I'm sure a stable club will offer 1 million for him.

It would be folly to let him go out on loan, another nail in our coffin, such has been our paucity of goals without him.

Reminds me of the NTNON sketch with Gerald the gorilla. "when I caught Gerald he was wild"..."wild, I was bloody furious" :D

Gollum
23-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Was that a squadron of flying pigs seen heading towards Biggin Hill this
morning? Could they possibly be carrying the 1m Ambrose loan fee,
and was that him waving goodbye to Palace fans from his cockpit?
Or was this just another piece of totally unsubstantiated infantile
speculation?

By it's very nature, speculation cannot be substantiated.
It was simply a suggestion, I know for a fact of a transfer handled this way at another club, albeit not for a large sum.
Your condescending arrogance betrays your ignorance.

Beanie
23-02-2010, 02:23 PM

I agree - but also I think it could well be the case that if we are in the same position come May (I assume you mean financially) the money we get for Ambrose or any other player may be irrelevant. Guilfoyle says we the money to get to the end of the season. I would assume from that we don't have the money for a close season with no real income.

Gollum
23-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Think that's right Beanie. Guilfoyle has established sufficient funding to get to May.
In the event of no buyout, then we'll be selling players during the summer to pay the rest.
At some point, that equation won't stack up.

Owngoal
24-02-2010, 09:40 AM
It really sickens me that the papers yet again have these stories today abot Ambrose/Danns/Clyne going to QPR with Warnock. If only NW would quash them dead, it can't be helping. Notice today that NW is saying he can't communicate with the administrator except for texts - hopefully some direct contact may stop all this talk. If NW did go there is no way we would let our players go. Ambrose obviously is enjoying Palace so why change it?

The Gerry Queen
24-02-2010, 10:02 AM
It really sickens me that the papers yet again have these stories today abot Ambrose/Danns/Clyne going to QPR with Warnock. If only NW would quash them dead, it can't be helping. Notice today that NW is saying he can't communicate with the administrator except for texts - hopefully some direct contact may stop all this talk. If NW did go there is no way we would let our players go. Ambrose obviously is enjoying Palace so why change it?

The texting stuff was from last week I think. Might have had something to do with the NW rumours with NW feeling left out.A 61 year old bloke doesn't get the same communication from Texts as a youger person would. Needs to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.So, now he's in the picture, met Parish and may have spoken to the Americans he seems a lot rosier :)