PDA

View Full Version : Abnett on loan to Dover

Adie
19-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Michael Abnett has joined Dover Athletic on loan

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/east_kent_mercury/sport/2010/february/11/dover_fc.aspx

Gazza2
19-02-2010, 11:23 PM
He seems to be the forgotten man so odds on not to have his contract renewed sadly. So hope he ends up at a half decent club.

gold76
20-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Having seen him play for the reserves, he looked assured. Is he out of contract in the summer?

Woosie
20-02-2010, 06:00 PM
He seems to be the forgotten man so odds on not to have his contract renewed sadly. So hope he ends up at a half decent club.

Is this because he can only play right-back and Clyne is doing so well? When i saw Abnett in pre season he looked very promising. Would you say he deserves a chance from what you've seen of him in the youth team Gazza2?

Gazza2
20-02-2010, 06:47 PM
He is too old to play youth team footie this season. I really like him as a player = really fast and has a spiteful streak u need (which can sometimes cause him to do something mad and get into trouble). Sadly, I think the club feel that current youth team right-back (Kenlock) is a better prospect and I noticed that Kenlock was picked ahead of Abnett in a recent reserve team game. Might count against him that he is short like Clyne but also very slight in build.

Woodside_CP
20-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Is this because he can only play right-back and Clyne is doing so well? When i saw Abnett in pre season he looked very promising. Would you say he deserves a chance from what you've seen of him in the youth team Gazza2?

Isn't Abnett the guy who supposedly showed a lot more potential than Clyne in the reserves? A massive step down to a loan club like Dover, if he was that good and a possible replacement for Clyne, you would have thought he'd have gone to a lower league side.

Gazza2
21-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes, that is the guy. He used to play right-back so Clyne had to play left-back. But young players develop in spurts. Zaha could not get in youth team last season and spent start of this on the bench. Now he is the best player in our youth team.

GrahamS
21-02-2010, 03:56 PM
He's made two sub appearances for Dover. The first as a right winger according to their official website.

Gazza2
21-02-2010, 08:51 PM
That makes sense as well. After Warnock spotted the potential of Clyne and had him played at right-back in the youth team, Abnett was moved up to right of midfield rather than switched over to left-back.

BulletEagle
21-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I really like Abnett, hopefully he can break into our side soon, maybe moving Hills to the wing and Clyne to the left, or Abnett on wing and Clyne and Hills at full back.

Mann

Abnett -- Wynter -- Clyne

Djilali -- Cadogan -- Comley -- Pinney -- Hills

Zaha -- Scannell

Team of the future, and that's missing Randall, Nnmani, Adelakun, N'Diaye, Goldsmith and Sekaja

cpfcben
21-02-2010, 09:39 PM
What about john Williams. He is the next big thing.

Celestial Empire
21-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Wright ? Kyle Da Silva ? Taurean Roberts ? Holness ? Kenlock ?

I wonder what Steve Coppell would think about our young talents ?

Dingle
24-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Wright ? Kyle Da Silva ? Taurean Roberts ? Holness ? Kenlock ?

I wonder what Steve Coppell would think about our young talents ?

He was touted as the next big thing to come out of our academy by David Moss/Mick Jones. Won our academy player of the year 2 seasons ago. I haven't heard of him since. Anyone know how he's getting on?

gold76
24-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I saw Taurean Roberts play in the Croydon vs Palace friendly pre-season, he scored & looked quite a prospect.

Webb
24-02-2010, 08:55 PM
What about john Williams. He is the next big thing.

Hasn't done anything of note since Jurassic Park.

Woosie
25-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I think Hakeem Adelukan has joined on loan /extended his loan spell at Dover.

He has joined them again for a month. http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~1971732,00.html