PDA

View Full Version : Neil Danns

exiledeagle
01-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Just heard that Swansea are in discussion to take him on loan to end of season - Sigh

james powell
01-03-2010, 10:24 AM
:(

Lords Eagle
01-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Just heard that Swansea are in discussion to take him on loan to end of season - Sigh

Source?

Dal
01-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Very bad news if true.

Neil
01-03-2010, 10:35 AM
http://www.asaltandbattery.com/assets/images/products/copies/lg_hp-sauce-big.jpg?

Mr Palace
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
This would be a ridiculous decision if it's true. Surely this wouldn't save that much money and his importance to the side in terms of potentially keeping us in the league is much more valuable. We have very little goalscoring threat as it is so this would be a major blow.

Hopefully the prick of an administrator will realise this.

Shipsisourking
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
let the rabid dogs charge around our squad and decimate it, bunch of arse if true.

Starting eleven for saturday:

erm at gk

unknown erm mr bean lawernce

that bloke derry someone ambrose

lee ron noades

subs: y o u r e j o k i n g

:( could be worse, we could be brighton (spit) fans!

howard
01-03-2010, 10:41 AM
BG has stated that he does not need Palace to stay up, only interested in the finacial aspects. He is not worried about players leaving on loan,just so long as the books balance(when has that ever happend!).

Panther
01-03-2010, 10:44 AM
When does the loan window end?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
01-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Would be an awful move

Ant1982
01-03-2010, 10:49 AM
This would be curtains.

levster
01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Until we hear this is a fact why bother getting het up about it?

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
This would be curtains.

Beef?

TC EAGLE
01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
What the f*ck is happening I thought there was enough funds to see us thru to the end of the season and no player was needed to go out on loan or is this rehashed media crap

nicknackpalace
01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
I'M SHOUTING!!!

Please could people only post rumours like this if they can give us some kind of source!

So - "Just heard..." - from where?

drizzt
01-03-2010, 10:58 AM
BG has stated that he does not need Palace to stay up, only interested in the finacial aspects. He is not worried about players leaving on loan,just so long as the books balance(when has that ever happend!).

I thought he said the opposite, ie Palace's value is in being a Championship club and its important we stay up.

st albans
01-03-2010, 11:02 AM
i thought he said we don't need to loan anybody out and that the cvash projections for the coming months don't require players to be loaned out

TC EAGLE
01-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Can a player refuse to move on a loan deal.

The Gerry Queen
01-03-2010, 11:06 AM
More baseless speculation. Please think before you post. If you don't have a decent source, sit on it. This is not the best time to piss people off even more than they are now.

patch
01-03-2010, 11:11 AM
More baseless speculation. Please think before you post. If you don't have a decent source, sit on it. This is not the best time to piss people off even more than they are now.

Quite

PENGE P
01-03-2010, 11:13 AM
memo to self stop reading this sh!t only deal in truths

Basingstoke Eagle
01-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Hooray,another unsubstantiated rumour that i cant imagine is anything but rubbish & that will end up with the words "im only telling you what i heard".

Walrus
01-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I thought he said the opposite, ie Palace's value is in being a Championship club and its important we stay up.

He did say that, indeed.

Timbo
01-03-2010, 11:27 AM
OP's not been back on to substantiate his allegation. I know how I'm treating it

Owngoal
01-03-2010, 11:28 AM
i thought he said we don't need to loan anybody out and that the cvash projections for the coming months don't require players to be loaned out

Is the right answer. What gets said on here gets picked up by the papers, then becomes a rumour in them and can 'grow legs'

loose lips sink ships

StudentEagle
01-03-2010, 11:29 AM

No he hasn't.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I've just heard from Luton that my Auntie's ill, could be gastroentiritis or could be just catarrh!

JamTheEagle
01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
He's not even a big earner so why bother.

milky87
01-03-2010, 11:37 AM
This is a Palace message board where people discuss things wether true rumour or complete bollox.

Why does someone get shot down for posting something, true or not?

dufski13
01-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Is the right answer. What gets said on here gets picked up by the papers, then becomes a rumour in them and can 'grow legs'

loose lips sink ships

With all due respect I am afraid you rather over state the influence of the BBS. I don't think that our competitor clubs really need us to make them aware of our situation, they all know better than us the mess we are in. I would be staggered if clubs like Swansea weren't looking at one or 2 of our players & weighing up if they could get away with a cheeky loan bid. But don't for one second believe that anything written on any of these forums will ever have any real effect on what does,or doesn't, happen over the coming months. Every single Championship manager, & a few beyond I shouldn't be surprised, knows what a good player Danns has been for us this season, & i suspect he'd get into the team at well over half of The Championship sides. The real surprise is that we haven't been ripped apart already.

LeeH
01-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I've just heard that my parents are 'en route' from Croydon to Banbury to visit me prior to my Birthday - Is my Dad about to sign for coventry on loan? ;) :clown:

PS. Would be gutted if this turns out to be true

Icy
01-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I've just heard that my parents are 'en route' from Croydon to Banbury to visit me prior to my Birthday - Is my Dad about to sign for coventry on loan? ;) :clown:

PS. Would be gutted if this turns out to be true

Yeah, Coventry are shit.

exiledeagle
01-03-2010, 12:08 PM

my brother supports swansea and it was on local radio

PENGE P
01-03-2010, 12:11 PM

get another brother

rbarmy
01-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I've just heard from Luton that my Auntie's ill, could be gastroentiritis or could be just catarrh!
At least no-one's going to take her on loan then!

Murk E
01-03-2010, 12:29 PM

i work in swansea . sit next to two swansea season ticket holders and as of this moment neither have heard anything about this.

milky87
01-03-2010, 12:35 PM
i work in swansea . sit next to two swansea season ticket holders and as of this moment neither have heard anything about this.

Are you at work listening to local radio?

The Gerry Queen
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM

OK well that puts some background to it. Maybe it would have been a good idea to say that first ? Hopefully nothing will come of it.

Murk E
01-03-2010, 12:45 PM
My apologies to the OP.
It is in the local paper.

Still, just an unsubstantiated rumour.

Shipp Ahoy!
01-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Not a chance.

He loves it here and unless Swansea are offering us a mint to sign him when the window reopens there is no point for us to let him go most important member in our team bar none IMHO.

(Well maybe on a par with Jules :D)

Eddie'S Dad
01-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I'M SHOUTING!!!

Please could people only post rumours like this if they can give us some kind of source!

So - "Just heard..." - from where?

I also heard this at the end of last week, from a source at the club (sorry, not prepared to say who)
He told me that NW went banana's at the administrator who has already told Danns that he has to go...

LeeH
01-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Danns having his name in the news around this time would probably do wonders for his record sales next week.

Dobbo
01-03-2010, 12:54 PM
He told me that NW went banana's at the administrator who has alreday told Danns that he has to go...
What, like he told Clyne he had to go to Wolves ?

Eddie'S Dad
01-03-2010, 12:59 PM
What, like he told Clyne he had to go to Wolves ?

Exactly like that, yes

So as you can see, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is going, but as the original poster said, Swansea had come in for Danns.

exiledeagle
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM

i dont know if it will actually happen , but my brother watches swansea home and away and it has been reprted than Swansea have made enquiries - hope i am allowed to say this ?

Murk E
01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
i dont know if it will actually happen , but my brother watches swansea home and away and it has been reprted than Swansea have made enquiries - hope i am allowed to say this ?

calm down mate. i just said that no one else here had heard the same and I apologised after seeing that the local paper had an article on it.

exiledeagle
01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
calm down mate. i just said that no one else here had heard the same and I apologised after seeing that the local paper had an article on it.

shall we shake hands:)

ANDYEAGLE
01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Bring back Harry Monk. At least he cheers me up. Well for five minutes anyway. Yes it is likely that many clubs would be interested in Danns on loan.He is a top player in this leaque.. Swansea and others being interested and Danns being allowed(or wanting to go) are two different things.

We certainly can't afford to lose our best player and the effect it would have on the team and fans would be devasting. Can't see this especially if Warnock is going.

PeterH
01-03-2010, 01:47 PM
At least it's not QPR.

Eddie'S Dad
01-03-2010, 01:52 PM
At least it's not QPR.

Well maybe that's why Warnock went nuts ... perhaps he was planning to take Danns to QPR with him, and then Brendan goes and sells him the week before to Swansea !?

Ridcully
01-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Source?

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/football/Swans-hope-land-midfielder/article-1872566-detail/article.html?

The Stig
01-03-2010, 03:40 PM
What has it come to when we're looking at losing our best players to feckin Swansea :sob:

SilverChevy
01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
if Danns goes anywhere relegation is all but sealed. the midfield is so unbalanced without him.

Bounty_Killa
01-03-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=190027

Excowboy
01-03-2010, 04:43 PM
http://www.planetswans.co.uk/Article.aspx?ArticleID=10333

Grrr

Dom the Eagle
01-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Brendan Guilfoyle is an arsehole.

Murk E
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
shall we shake hands:)

:p

rbarmy
01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Can't really imagine Neil's budding music career thriving in Swansea... I think it is very unlikely he would agree to go

Oh south london
01-03-2010, 05:49 PM
This would be awful news if true. Danns is our most influential outfield player. Do not think he will want to go.

m_reid
01-03-2010, 06:13 PM
you know what will happen they will loan us back a nobody so that we still have enough players to name a full squad for the next few games

the digger
01-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Brendan Guilfoyle is an arsehole.

Unfortunately, he is doing his job.

nelson alfie
01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Hopefully the prick of an administrator will realise this.

Fair comment but many on here seem to think Guilfoyle is a joke cracking knight in shining armour. I don't and am more worried than at any time in last month, and not just about Danns rumour..

bgh2172
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
At least it's not QPR.

Hold that thought...stand by for the mass QPR loan exodus!

Big-Griff
01-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Fu*k me if i belived all the roumors on here id top myself now.....................lets all calm down and wait and see what happens.

JnrReadingEagle
01-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Danns goes we go down , end of.

dannyturner
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Fu*k me if i belived all the roumors on here id top myself now.....................lets all calm down and wait and see what happens.

Precisely. We are bound to have our players linked with other clubs. Eh eh eh, calm down, calllmmm down.:afro:

colin88
01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
This is just getting ridiculous now! :(

Diehard
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Much as I feel utterly p1ssed off and very angry and disilllusioned with Palace and football in general right now, I have to remind myself that AFC Wimbledon fans had to put up with a lot worse than this and have been rewarded with several years of success now from a position significantly worse than this. We have to still believe that, if the worst comes to the worst, we still love Palace enough to start the whiole thing again from scratch

sydnsteve
02-03-2010, 11:53 AM
If this is true and Danns goes, that would be our lot.

Latvian Eagle
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Hope Danns doesn't go... He's my favourite player! :( Always knew he'd come good eventually.

dufski13
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Danns goes we go down , end of.

I actually dis-agree with that, I think that even if Danns & Ambrose were to leave we still have a chance. Sheff Wed have a really tricky run in, & our goal difference gives us basically a point over them. The key for me is that we keep Speroni. Keep him & I reckon we'll nick another 10-15 points or so at least, & I reckon that'll be enough to keep us up. It's not going to be for the faint hearted, so those without a stomach for the battle best leave now, but we can still do it. One thing I am certain is that nothing is certain. Now we'll find out just how good some of our kids are I reckon.

Bring it on, thus it ever was at Palace.

AJ
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Maybe the compensation and reduction in salaries from NW, KC and the other guy(Mick Jones?) leaving will enable Danns to now stay at the club?

MasterYoda
02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
BG has said no-one is leaving - FWIW

Excowboy
02-03-2010, 05:49 PM
BG has said no-one is leaving - FWIW

INWVM but i hope its true

Sir.S.C Remembered
02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Maybe the compensation and reduction in salaries from NW, KC and the other guy(Mick Jones?) leaving will enable Danns to now stay at the club?

What I was thinking, although even though he may see the merits of keeping him, the player may want out now NW has gone and also he is an administrator so has to consider every way possible to save costs and we do have many senior CM's at the club. The experience at the club is 10 times better (many more proper senior players on proper wages) than when we were in admin under Sir Stevie (admittedly at a later stage of admin), so if you think of it like that, an administrator is there to brutally reduce wages etc to a minimum. But NW and his staff were one of the best paid management teams in the league, so it could be factored in now and we need Danns' goals!

P.S. I think Brenda is doing as good a job as I could have realistically ever dreamed of considering he is an administrator.

SteveyHawking
02-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm sponsoring Danns this season so hope he doesn't go!!!

Freddy Kurz
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM

You can stop sighing instantly. Danns is going nowhere according to
Administrator Gilfoyle at today's press conference.

Freddy Kurz
02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
INWVM but i hope its true

Had it not occurred to you that one of the conditions Paul Hart asked for before taking the job was
probably that the first-team squad would remain intact for the rest of the season? Remember he
is on a substantial bonus if he keeps Palace up.

orp pisshead1
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Had it not occurred to you that one of the conditions Paul Hart asked for before taking the job was
probably that the first-team squad would remain intact for the rest of the season? Remember he
is on a substantial bonus if he keeps Palace up.
True though wonder where this bonus is coming from if we are skint!.

thereichstuff
02-03-2010, 08:14 PM
True though wonder where this bonus is coming from if we are skint!. We can always knock him ;)

whereEaglesFly
02-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Surely the players see warnock as a hypocrit and a traitor I can't see any following him

nicknackpalace
02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
True though wonder where this bonus is coming from if we are skint!.

out of the savings on warnocks salary

Boyandy
03-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Surely the players see warnock as a hypocrit and a traitor I can't see any following him

Well Ambrose probably sees him as the person that has resurrected his career so I'm not sure.

Hopefully BG will stay true to his word.

cockles
03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Much as I feel utterly p1ssed off and very angry and disilllusioned with Palace and football in general right now, I have to remind myself that AFC Wimbledon fans had to put up with a lot worse than this and have been rewarded with several years of success now from a position significantly worse than this. We have to still believe that, if the worst comes to the worst, we still love Palace enough to start the whiole thing again from scratch

Sure, plus for a few of the younger posters on here - they might actually have a chance to play for Palace.

I remember hearing about the many 100's who trialled out initially for AFC Wimbledon. After that they were like a magnet for the top semi-pro's in the area. I think in their first ever friendly they lost 4-0 to Sutton, and a Sutton striker who got a hattrick or something immediately switched to play for them after seeing their 4,000 following.

If Palace folded the choice for me is either pack in football following or go watch us in non-league. Easy choice really.

gold76
03-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I can see NW coming in for his stalwarts, Derry & Hill, in the summer on freebies. Giving both a bumper deal that they would not be able to get here.

SteveyHawking
03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I can see NW coming in for his stalwarts, Derry & Hill, in the summer on freebies. Giving both a bumper deal that they would not be able to get here.
Derry would be a loss. His experience and tenacity in midfield would be missed. Hill not so much. He's been consistently our weakest defender for ages now.

zonin2000
03-03-2010, 11:50 AM
The statements from Derry and Lawrence (if I remember them correctly) suggest that this is not the case.

zonin2000
03-03-2010, 12:05 PM

Lawrence and Derry's comments:

MATT Lawrence has admitted that Neil Warnock's decision to quit Crystal Palace has not come as a shock.

The 61-year-old manager has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at QPR after the two clubs agreed a compensation package earlier today.

And Lawrence says it is a "real shame" that Warnock's spell in charge at Palace is at an end.

He told the South London Press: "I can honestly say that from the word go, even when I was out in the wilderness for four or five months, that he is one of the best managers I've ever worked with. I'm not saying that because I want a move to QPR - it's not going to happen - I say it because I loved playing for him.

"It has been coming for 10-14 days. Neil insinuated his farewells on Saturday. It wasn't done and dusted but it was pretty obvious it was going to be concluded.

"It is an awful shame what happened at Palace. The ex gaffer didn't want to go but his hand was forced by the administrator because they are getting decent compensation.

"I might be talking out of turn, and I apologise if I am, but the administrators aren't really so bothered about the football situation - hence their title. They are just looking to make the club financially viable and find a new owner.

"It is just a real shame that the club went into administration, lost 10 points and then lost one of the best managers they've had in the last decade or two. The fans may want Steve Coppell, Iain Dowie or whoever else - but I don't think anyone can look much further than Neil Warnock."

Shaun Derry:

"I am gutted that he is gone." he told www.cpfc.co.uk, "There has been a lot of attention surrounding his departure and in a way I am happy that it has all been resolved so that we can now crack on for the rest of the season and still try to achieve the aim that we had when we went into administration.

NZsparky
04-03-2010, 01:51 AM
You can stop sighing instantly. Danns is going nowhere according to
Administrator Gilfoyle at today's press conference.
Only two problems with that Freddy; 1. He said the same about NW.
2. I do not believe a word that comes out of the blokes mouth. i think his interests are Agilo Agilo and Agilo. I think Agilo's interests are to bankrupt SJ to teach him a lesson around pissing them off and folding our club as well to rub his nose in it. I think all the rest is a smoke screen of bullshit.
Yes I am pretty depressed at the mo btw.

Typical Palace
04-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately, he is doing his job.
His job is an arsehole's job.

Cleon
04-03-2010, 08:00 PM

If get to the summer and remain a Championship club then there will be a world of restructuring to be done, and if Derry and Hill want to leave then so be it. Maybe the fact they will be playing for a contract means they will both up their game.

Owngoal
04-03-2010, 08:45 PM
2. I do not believe a word that comes out of the blokes mouth. i think his interests are Agilo Agilo and Agilo. I think Agilo's interests are to bankrupt SJ to teach him a lesson around pissing them off and folding our club as well to rub his nose in it. I think all the rest is a smoke screen of bullshit.

He didn't say the same about Warnock, he said he would try and keep him, even said today that he tried to get SJ to talk to Warnock about staying. Warnock wanted out for the money, nothing else. If Palace was Jesus, Warnock would be Judas, hopefully he will get his just reward at QPR

NZsparky
04-03-2010, 08:55 PM
He didn't say the same about Warnock, he said he would try and keep him, even said today that he tried to get SJ to talk to Warnock about staying. Warnock wanted out for the money, nothing else. If Palace was Jesus, Warnock would be Judas, hopefully he will get his just reward at QPR
Really where is that printed then? I have been away from BBS for a while, the last thing I read was him saying NW was not available to approach from other teams then I come back from holiday and he has gone.

drizzt
05-03-2010, 01:56 PM

Agilos best hope of getting their money back is to get the club sold.

If we liquidate i doubt they'd see a penny back.