PDA

View Full Version : Morrison wants to be back for next season

HARRY MONK
20-03-2010, 07:46 AM
spoke to someone very close to Clinton last night and he told me he wants to come back regardless of division and finish carrer with us. contract up with cov at end of season . found it really encouraging that despite us being in a very unstable situation Morrison seems really passionate about the club .

Biggineagle
20-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Oh he does, does he??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
We need to set our sights higher than you Clinton sorry

Boring Clinton Thread Alert!!!!

welshneil
20-03-2010, 08:05 AM
P Diddy & C-Mo...what a team!

cpfcfan1
20-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Morrison would be a very good player IF we were to go down

Dave
20-03-2010, 08:15 AM
what has one got to do with the other?

the digger
20-03-2010, 08:25 AM
what has one got to do with the other?

There have been rumours that they are coming to our club this week.

Mong!
20-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Funny how he wants to come back now Warnock has gone!

Jason
20-03-2010, 08:43 AM

Not sure about that. As a goalscorer, he's a class above any striker we have at the moment. He'd do a good job in the CCC, and an excellent one in League 1. Indeed, if we ended up in the third tier, he would imho be a far better bet than anyone else we have a realistic chance of attracting.

Doesn't matter though, as I can't see it anyway

waddoneagle
20-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Wish we had him now

Ollie Ox
20-03-2010, 08:51 AM

At least Clinton Actually gets goals. something we seem incapable of at the minute.

Asagaya_Eagle
20-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Wish we had him now

So true

917L
20-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Funny how he wants to come back now his contract is running out!

EFA

Kirby
20-03-2010, 09:04 AM

What like Calvin Andrew?

GDP
20-03-2010, 09:04 AM

:D

I'd love to see him finish his career at Palace.

Owngoal
20-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Watched him closely at selhurst recently and his game would have certainly added something to ours. He is a good finisher and might even be maturing as a person, the reason Warnock found him difficult to handle. He had a very positive influence on many of our younger players ans would probably do very well in a third term.

Jordan's Jacket
20-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I like Clint, but I have seen Cov 5 times this year and to be honest he has never impressed.

waddoneagle
20-03-2010, 09:34 AM
His 9 goals this season would come in handy:p

sw16girl
20-03-2010, 09:38 AM
His 11 goals this season would come in handy:p

EFA

Heb 7:4
20-03-2010, 09:53 AM
http://images.football.co.uk/Dynamic/Players/227x227/players_16010.jpg

20-03-2010, 09:54 AM
However, this thread has been started by Harry "Martin O'Neil want to come to manage Palace" Monk

the digger
20-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I thought he looked pretty good at Selhurst a few weeks back.

Woosie
20-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Would be a good player for us if we could get him next year in my opinion. Also reckon he would help the younger players as well.

sw16girl
20-03-2010, 10:12 AM
However, this thread has been started by Harry "Martin O'Neil want to come to manage Palace" Monk

and "we are going to sign nugent" and "Ron noades is having talks with SJ to buy the club" HM

Still what's wrong with a little hope

chav_hater
20-03-2010, 10:13 AM
When CM was at Palace I never really rated him that highly but having not had him for a couple of seasons, I realise how much I (and Palace) miss him.

brighton_eagle
20-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I would always welcome Clinton back with open arms. He's Palace family. This is his home.

HARRY MONK
20-03-2010, 10:37 AM
and "we are going to sign nugent" and "Ron noades is having talks with SJ to buy the club" HM

Still what's wrong with a little hope
sorry i forgot you are the font of all knowledge on cpfc ! search the history of nugent and peter taylor and you get direct quotes from the latter . so was it b#llshit or was mr taylor in on it with me ? and three people of whome i know have good connections with cpfc intamated freely that there was dialogue between noades and jordan possibly not directly . the day i was banned the fateful day of admin , if you ask many members of staff at the club there was a very strong rumour / speculation that jordan had sourced outside investment . which i still believe was true and is why jordan felt extra shafted i was banned for relaying this .

Halfwayline
20-03-2010, 10:44 AM
We will only be able to sign free agents for the next 3 years until we reach a "break even" situation.

You know what you are getting with Clinton. I thought he was MOM in our recent game with Cov.

delboy01
20-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I think if clinton wants to play for us it speaks volumes for his love of the club. Rather that than another journeyman looking for a final pay check.

Barbara4003
20-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Funny how he wants to come back now Warnock has gone!

I'd have said similar a couple of months ago, and possibly in the same tone I have taken your post in.

But having read the real reason that he went, I would imagine that is exactly why he would want to come back now.

Good on him. I hope he does come back.

magician
20-03-2010, 10:51 AM
I like Clint, but I have seen Cov 5 times this year and to be honest he has never impressed.

he was the best player on the pitch inthe recent home(defeat) game to coventry !

alan cola
20-03-2010, 10:52 AM
i just wish we could get him on the pitch now to replace Andrew who could drop to sub

Biggineagle
20-03-2010, 10:53 AM
You know what you are getting with Clinton.

Yes, yes we do, a player desperate to latch onto his last ever club in the twilight of his career for a last payday before retiring. You looneys will be saying he should manage us next.

Sad clingers on to past memories. Let it go chaps, before another of your dreams is shattered.

ANDYEAGLE
20-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I thought he looked pretty good at Selhurst a few weeks back.

I thought he had his usual rubbish game against us. Of course he would get in our team at the moment. Not saying too much that really though.

Biggineagle
20-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I thought he had his usual rubbish game against us. Of course he would get in our team at the moment. Not saying too much that really though.

He did trot back a couple of times cmon;)

Owngoal
20-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Worth having him back just for his song - same with McAnuff!!!

james powell
20-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Another Harry Monk exclusive?
Clinton "two chips on EACH shoulder" Morrison moaned too much for my liking though, good player but god did he moan.

Biggineagle
20-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Clinton "two chips on EACH shoulder" Morrison moaned too much for my liking though, good player but god did he moan.

Derry doesnt want any moaners in the ground I heard

Celestial Empire
20-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Clint on a free, with a sensible salary, scoring a few goals (he is after that record) and encouraging the youngsters is a no-brainer

gold76
20-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Would love to see him back for a final fling tbh.

A very good free transger signing for whoever he ends up at

eagle-leg
20-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Clint on a free, with a sensible salary, scoring a few goals (he is after that record) and encouraging the youngsters is a no-brainer

This!

philsick
20-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Clinton and scannell up front:p

eagle101
20-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Harry Monk = hero.

As sw16girl said - 'what's wrong with a little hope' :lux:

20-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Indeed. He even turned up to watch all the youth games and moaned there.

I like a player that gives a shit. He encouraged as much as he complained, and he loved the club.

Not sure it would be in anyone's best interests for him to come back, but I do get tired with the number of digs Clinton gets on these boards. Not from you, in general I mean. He was, if nothing else, a great servant to this club

Oh south london
20-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Not too bothered. The way he celebrated in an over the top fashion when Coventry scored against us put me off him.

Palace Rebel
20-03-2010, 05:29 PM

:lux: :lux:

Palace Rebel
20-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Indeed. He even turned up to watch all the youth games and moaned there.

I like a player that gives a shit. He encouraged as much as he complained, and he loved the club.

Not sure it would be in anyone's best interests for him to come back, but I do get tired with the number of digs Clinton gets on these boards. Not from you, in general I mean. He was, if nothing else, a great servant to this club

Top post, he is a top bloke, i miss his mum about Selhurst probably more than him, now there is a character...

Ralph
20-03-2010, 05:35 PM
If Clinton Morrison is playing for this club next season then I will be a very happy man.

Palace Rebel
20-03-2010, 05:38 PM
be strange to think Dougie would be coaching him!

Jolly Norwegian
20-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I would always welcome Clinton back with open arms. He's Palace family. This is his home.
:lux:

AddiscombeCPFC
21-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Not too bothered. The way he celebrated in an over the top fashion when Coventry scored against us put me off him.

He went down in my estimation after that. I thought ex players who cared about their old clubs never celebrated when they scored against them. Morrison wasn't even celebrating his own goal and he went nuts.

The Wise Eagle
21-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Clinton. you are always welcome home and thank you for wanting to come home when most of the people wants out.:lux:

cpfc_tommy12
21-03-2010, 11:26 AM
When CM was at Palace I never really rated him that highly but having not had him for a couple of seasons, I realise how much I (and Palace) miss him.

My thoughts exactly!

sydnsteve
22-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Laid on the second goal vs Leicester very well yesterday. It would be the only thing happening around here that would cheer me up. But we couldn't afford him in League 1.

walshie89
22-03-2010, 12:22 PM
He went down in my estimation after that. I thought ex players who cared about their old clubs never celebrated when they scored against them. Morrison wasn't even celebrating his own goal and he went nuts.

I know its a bit far fetched but maybe he was just delighted to be getting one over Warnock, rather than palace??!?

Son of Ron
22-03-2010, 12:23 PM

could yet be Clinton and Dougie up front. Again !!

hilairehair
22-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Thought he was excellent vs Lestorr for Cov yesterday.

Palestinian
22-03-2010, 01:05 PM
double post

Palestinian
22-03-2010, 01:06 PM
spoke to someone very close to Clinton last night and he told me he wants to come back regardless of division and finish carrer with us. contract up with cov at end of season . found it really encouraging that despite us being in a very unstable situation Morrison seems really passionate about the club .
was that Dean Childs

Biggineagle
22-03-2010, 01:28 PM
was that Dean Childs

Love it :lux:

What a farce

Baloo
22-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Come back Clinton.

Please reverse Neil Warnock's BIGGEST mistake.

Norwoodguy
22-03-2010, 01:43 PM
thanks - but no thanks

Matt_Hep
22-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Right now he'd be our best striking option by miles....yes please! Come home Clint!

Think about it; with the cultured midfield play of Carle/Ambrose he would thrive..

Matt_Hep
22-03-2010, 01:44 PM

Supported by Carle/Ambrose...amazing prospect.

cockles
22-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Clint ..... and encouraging the youngsters is a no-brainer

It could be that the opposite is true.

Can't remember who, but someone credible on BBS spoke to Warnock about Clinton at Question Of Sport BBC. Warnock apparently said he was having a negative effect on the young players.

FraserH
22-03-2010, 01:54 PM
'arry Monk posted this thread.

take it with a fistful of salt.

Matt_Hep
22-03-2010, 01:56 PM

Can't remember who, but someone credible on BBS spoke to Warnock about Clinton at Question Of Sport BBC. Warnock apparently said he was having a negative effect on the young players.

Warnock described him as a 'negative influence on the players.' That's just Warnock's opinion, but it was clear he didn't know how to take Clinton as a player or person. Warnock much prefers the workman like Northern striker, as opposed to the cheeky wit and goal poaching ability of Clint, no wonder he didn't understand him.

I've heard numerous reports that Scannel, Moses, Clyne etc. were upset to lose Clinton, who had been a top role model for them.

Biggineagle
22-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I've heard numerous reports that Scannel, Moses, Clyne etc. were upset to lose Clinton, who had been a top role model for them.
:lux: This made me laugh sooo much... numerous....

Matt_Hep
22-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm a journalist by-trade, it's what we do. ;)

dufski13
22-03-2010, 02:18 PM
If Clinton Morrison is playing for this club next season then I will be a very happy man.

Me too. It's just right.
Why people don't want back a striker that clearly has an affiliation with the club & is gunning for all time top scorer I have no idea. If he's in a position to be gunning for scoring records he can hardly have been bad for the club. When I read some of the comments from 'fans' of the club about Clinton I often wonder exactly whose shoulder it is that this supposed chip is actually on ?

dufski13
22-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Warnock described him as a 'negative influence on the players.' That's just Warnock's opinion, but it was clear he didn't know how to take Clinton as a player or person. Warnock much prefers the workman like Northern striker, as opposed to the cheeky wit and goal poaching ability of Clint, no wonder he didn't understand him.

Not only that, but it was clearly bollocks, in so far as playing the game at least. What was most impressive about Clinton in that last season was the way he was with the youngsters on the pitch. he was the player who was fist over to them if they made a mistake, or something didn't quite work, with an arm around the shoulder. Maybe Clinton was a bit wild off the pitch in his private life, although I don't recall hearing too many stories about that over the length of his carreer from any of his managers.

Typical Palace
22-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Neil Warnock needed to be the biggest character at the club, Clint threatened that so he forced him out. His biggest mistake at Palace. Apart from jumping ship of course

GreatGonzo
22-03-2010, 10:59 PM

No NW said he had too much influence on the youngsters. I read it as they listened to CM more than NW.

The Wise Eagle
22-03-2010, 11:43 PM
is it? i thought hills and scannell played much better football when clint was around.. or did i remember it wrongly?

salad fan club
22-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Wish we had him now

and me he could get the goals to keep us up

sheepy
23-03-2010, 12:27 AM
No NW said he had too much influence on the youngsters. I read it as they listened to CM more than NW.

^ This

And for the record, in any situation like this, regardless of the player it is wholy understable for the manager to want to assert his authority over the squad even if it means losing a star player. Look at Fergie and Beckham at Man U. Beckham had become much bigger than the club and manager and had to go to save the team from breaking apart. I'm not saying Clinton was a disruptive influence but the younger players should listen more to what someone of Neil's experience has to say than someone like Clinton, who whilst experienced at championship level, hasn't got the wider ranging experience that Warnock had.

Biggineagle
23-03-2010, 01:28 AM
^ This

And for the record, in any situation like this, regardless of the player it is wholy understable for the manager to want to assert his authority over the squad even if it means losing a star player. Look at Fergie and Beckham at Man U. Beckham had become much bigger than the club and manager and had to go to save the team from breaking apart. I'm not saying Clinton was a disruptive influence but the younger players should listen more to what someone of Neil's experience has to say than someone like Clinton, who whilst experienced at championship level, hasn't got the wider ranging experience that Warnock had.

Excellent post, the man will be a liabilty, a luxury, and a distraction and only wants to come back for purely selfish reasons, unable to command deity status at Coventry, knowing he aint gonna get a deal from Coventry, due to his mediocre performances.

All he wants is a comfortable end to his career, and take in the adulation of those who, like him, live in the past.

Dom the Eagle
23-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Warnock got rid of Dougie and Clinton for purely selfish reasons. He didn't want players taking the limelight away from him, hence his rewarding people like Scowcroft and Lawrence.

the kooch
23-03-2010, 04:34 AM
It's the MONK so it must be the absolute truth guys, I would say Clint has packed his bags and bought 10 plane tickets just in case.

hughff
23-03-2010, 05:50 AM
While I think that it's an unlikely scenario at present, I know I'd love to see him back. I have no doubt that it would be better both for the club and the young players' development if Clint was here. And I don't agree that a manager needs to come before the players. The club needs to come before all else and Clint would have been more use to us this last season than Warnock ultimately proved to be.

917L
23-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Warnock got rid of Dougie and Clinton for purely selfish reasons. He didn't want players taking the limelight away from him, hence his rewarding people like Scowcroft and Lawrence.

He didnt 'get rid' of Morrison at all

He left because Coventry offered him more money than we did

Ron Dogers
23-03-2010, 08:11 AM

I think we now realise that ol' Soundbite Warnock puts a very selective spin on any topic to suit and justify his actions!

cross_eyed_ed
23-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Clinton would be brilliant in League One (assuming we do go down of course). It would give me the opportunity to dust off my HOL Clinton T shirt as well.

dufski13
23-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Warnock is a big mouthed self interested tosser. Fair enough, but don't talk about higher principles & moral fibre then. Clinton on the other hand was a hero the first time we were in administration & one of the top scorers in our history. I know which one I wish was around now.

bigend1
23-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Clinton would be great, its simple. Right now he is better than any of the options we have. If we are to have a fiddle with league one even more so, he would be a top top player in that league. Plus he does love the club, not the basis for signing players otherwise i would dust off my boots, but it is a nice bonus.

As for neil and Clinton, who knows. I heard Clinton was good with the kids, putting in a lot of time with them and keeping their feet on the ground but that was probably on the bbs so meh... neil may have got rid of him for power. Perhaps they were both alpha males for the young ones as it were. Both strong personalities trying to do their thing. Even if they were both good, having two leaders doesnít work and it could have been in palaces interestís that one of them left, so the club was going in a clear direction. If this was the case Warnock was always gonna win, he was the manager after all. Doesnít mean either of them were wrong, just both of them didnít work, it happens.

Cant see his return as being anything but good for palace, come home Clinton (for free if you like!)

Stavros 69
23-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Even i would have clinton back in a min right now. We need people who can score.

Bellyman
23-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I would welcome him back with open arms!

Will S
23-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Is he available for the Forest game?

AJ
23-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Sadly, no one will be joining the club unless we get a buyer soon.:(

Matt_Hep
23-03-2010, 10:12 AM
He didnt 'get rid' of Morrison at all

He left because Coventry offered him more money than we did

Amazing that after all this time the arguement is still raging! :D

The arguement was put to bed by Zonin2000's post on here a while back. He confirmed that Warnock wanted rid of Clinton because he deemed him too big an influence on the players. It's 100% not about Clinton jumping ship for a 'better offer,' he was forced out.

Around the same time, Warnock also issued a statement to the press saying that Clinton (despite being top goal scorer by a long way and no-one else lined up!) would not be gauranteed a place, and indeed would be third choice.

That's all the evidence you need to show that Warnock wanted him out and made it uncomfortable for him at Palace.

Hopefully this arguement is put to rest now as all the evidence totally stacks up to show that Warnock wanted Clint out, and Clinton couldn't therefore work with Warnock.

Warnock you're a grubby old Northern tosser.

Come home Clint.

Neil the Eagle
23-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, Warnock might have preferred him to move on, he admitted he found him hard work in training, but it certainty wasn't black and white as some people would like to make it out to be.

After all, Warnock sanctioned offering him a new contract, which Clinton himself described as a good offer at the time.

The contract had to be accepted by 1st July, the expiration of his old contract, when it wasn't, Warnock decided to turn his attentions elsewhere and had lined up Chris Iwelumo.

sydnsteve
23-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Neil, NW offered him a new contract while sayimng he would be a choice behind Scowcroft. I can't think of much more of an insult for a striker TBH. He is a clever man, Mr warnock, and knew that Clint had a lot of support from the fans (plus was ourr top scorer by a mile), so he could not just get rid, but he could make it impossible for him to stay. Which is just what he did.

GodstoneEagle
23-03-2010, 10:36 AM
The contract had to be accepted by 1st July, the expiration of his old contract, when it wasn't, Warnock decided to turn his attentions elsewhere and had lined up Chris Iwelumo.who would have been a cracking signing

GodstoneEagle
23-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I think we now realise that ol' Soundbite Warnock puts a very selective spin on any topic to suit and justify his actions!
:D

You mean because he's left you don't believe anything he says anymore? :rolleyes:

Matt_Hep
23-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Neil, NW offered him a new contract while sayimng he would be a choice behind Scowcroft. I can't think of much more of an insult for a striker TBH.

Spot on. Couple that Warnock statement with what we now know about the 'behind the scenes' relationship and it's clear Clint wasn't going to last long, or in his plans.

He is a clever man, Mr warnock, and knew that Clint had a lot of support from the fans (plus was ourr top scorer by a mile), so he could not just get rid, but he could make it impossible for him to stay. Which is just what he did.

Very, very astute man; still manages to pull the wool over supporters' eyes - even today!

Think also about him 'lining up' that loan player when he 100% knew his heart was set on moving to QPR; he also 100% knew the loan would be rejected, but he did it to further drum home the image of 'his hands being tied' - an image he projected from the start, even when he was allowed to splash out on McCarthy and Carle.

So very glad to see the back of him; grubby Northern toad.

howard
23-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Would Clinton be hungry enough to comeback & put the effort in, or does he just want to see out his career in comfortable surroundings?

sydnsteve
23-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Was certainly running his heart out on Sat, as he set up the equaliser on 87 mins. And I think he'd run a lot harder for his beloved Palace than he would for Cov

Matt_Hep
23-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Was certainly running his heart out on Sat, as he set up the equaliser on 87 mins. And I think he'd run a lot harder for his beloved Palace than he would for Cov

Spot on; would get his mum back in the stands too! Means a lot to him playing for Palace...

Come home Clint.

Biggineagle
23-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Was certainly running his heart out on Sat, as he set up the equaliser on 87 mins.

You mustve been at that match I take it?? because , how you can come to that strange conclusion without a Crystal Ball mystifies me. Read it back to yourself.

Its just what you want to believe isnt it.

Matt_Hep
23-03-2010, 12:13 PM
You mustve been at that match I take it?? because , how you can come to that strange conclusion without a Crystal Ball mystifies me. Read it back to yourself.

Its just what you want to believe isnt it.

Why are you so anti any positive press/comments for Clinton?

Is it a crime to speak affectionately about one of our all time top scorers?

For what it's worth; he looks lively, involved and passionate throughout these brief highlights: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8571179.stm

leeeooooh2
23-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I would love to see him back, him and Lee would be the most moaning, shouty double act ever!

Poor Refs.

Owngoal
23-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Neil, NW offered him a new contract while sayimng he would be a choice behind Scowcroft. I can't think of much more of an insult for a striker TBH. He is a clever man, Mr warnock, and knew that Clint had a lot of support from the fans (plus was ourr top scorer by a mile), so he could not just get rid, but he could make it impossible for him to stay. Which is just what he did.

Exactly right:veryangry
We are crap when it comes to keeping players (won't mention Bostock, but who knows what he really felt about being played by NW - Scannell has certainly not gone forwards under Warnock), just look at Hudson, Watson and Clinton. There has to be something about Warnock that puts people off (with clinton he was just made to feel unwanted - please no more s**t about more money. This was the case with Hudson but we lost out on a 7 figure transfer fee, spent £600,000 on a crock and have had nothing but trouble in his position ever since. In hindsight we should have given him enough to keep him?

917L
23-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Amazing that after all this time the arguement is still raging! :D

The arguement was put to bed by Zonin2000's post on here a while back. He confirmed that Warnock wanted rid of Clinton because he deemed him too big an influence on the players. It's 100% not about Clinton jumping ship for a 'better offer,' he was forced out. .

It was put to bed whe E Girl posted the exact opposite to Zonin, and AFAIK she is way better connected and therefore in aposition to know the facts.

We offered a contract, Coventry offered a better one

He chose Coventy

Matt_Hep
23-03-2010, 01:29 PM

He chose Coventy

It's far from being that simple. You've completely ignored all the other evidence kicking around, about his relationship with Warnock, what Warnock thought of him, and Warnock's statement about being third choice and behind Scowcroft.

Everyone can see it except for you!

Oh well, getting off topic now...come back Clint, the Northern toad has gone now.

kolinkins
23-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I would love, love Clinton back.

By the same token, I don't think he or NW is blameless in his departure.

Clinton could have signed a "very good" contract on offer.

NW could have been more encouraging for him to do so.

Could have, and could have.

Did not, and did not.

One left, the other now gone too. So the door is open for Clinton to come home.

Odds on Clinton lifting the League 1 title next May?

cryhilaire
23-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Clinton would do nothing except completely improve our frontline... not only is a able to finish the six yard chance he is also very good at playing with his back to goal, receiving the ball to feet, holding it up and spreading it wide... or just turning and tw@tting it... never understood the criticism of him... he's mouthy but he's always been mouthy for us... and he wants to play for us... something so many on here say is missing in a modern footballer... and another thing, we do not score goals so anyone who can come in and possibly improve that fact is more than welcome... come back Clint...

The Gerry Queen
23-03-2010, 02:58 PM
I would love, love Clinton back.

By the same token, I don't think he or NW is blameless in his departure.

Clinton could have signed a "very good" contract on offer.

NW could have been more encouraging for him to do so.

Could have, and could have.

Did not, and did not.

One left, the other now gone too. So the door is open for Clinton to come home.

Odds on Clinton lifting the League 1 title next May?

On loan to Norwich ? Don't think so.....anyway we're not going down. Rather see him score the winner for us in the 2011 CCC Play off final at Wembley :D

Celestial Empire
23-03-2010, 04:20 PM
who would have been a cracking signing

(Iwelumo)
Yeah, cracking.:rolleyes:
The guy is one year older than Clint, literally forever injured, and has scored just two goals this season. He would have been just another Warnock waste of money aging journeymen.:hmph:

Celestial Empire
23-03-2010, 04:25 PM
It was put to bed whe E Girl posted the exact opposite to Zonin, and AFAIK she is way better connected and therefore in aposition to know the facts.

He chose Coventy

I thought it was Mick Jones who let the cat out of the bag about Warnock wanting Clint out ?

Stavros 69
23-03-2010, 04:26 PM
We don't have a frontline at the moment.

Baloo
23-03-2010, 04:47 PM

Its just what you want to believe isnt it.The game was live on Sky. Clinton played really well and every time he got the ball I sighed despondently.

Biggineagle
23-03-2010, 06:16 PM
The game was live on Sky. Clinton played really well and every time he got the ball I sighed despondently.

Good for you

jobiinthelastmi
23-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I would personally drive him from Coventry to sign for us.

Please don't listen to Biggineagle he's a bit of a prat :hi:

cross_eyed_ed
24-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I love Clinton in a manly, non gay way.

Aaroncpfc
26-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Although i'd love for us to repeat Stockport away against Sheffield Wednesday this season Palace in League One fighting with Charlton and Milwall for the second spot (assuming Saints will walk it) with Clinton leading our front line could be potentially epic.

SE25Eagle
26-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Although i'd love for us to repeat Stockport away against Sheffield Wednesday this season Palace in League One fighting with Charlton and Milwall for the second spot (assuming Saints will walk it) with Clinton leading our front line could be potentially epic.

Sounds great :rolleyes:

dufski13
27-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Sounds great :rolleyes:

Well, frankly the whole focus of football fans on the ever so ******* tiresome Premiership is tedious in the extreme. If we are to go down, & I still don't think we will, the idea of challenging for promotion with a mostly young & homegrown side, led by Clinton, one of our own, is a really quite exciting prospect. We might actually put together long winning runs & create a fortress at Selhurst. All of which appeals to me. I think it's a given that all Palace fans would rather stay up, but League 1 is a decent league with some big teams in it.

Biggineagle
27-03-2010, 04:38 PM
" Im just a Dreamer, I dream my life away"

daveytrackels
27-03-2010, 06:32 PM
that's great news!

Jason
27-03-2010, 09:03 PM
We'd have won today with him in our side imho

the digger
27-03-2010, 09:32 PM
We'd have won today with him in our side imho

I think that is as close to a fact as you are likely to find on the BBS.

CPFC_DAVE77
27-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Don't all yell at once, but we'd have won today with that greedy fat wanker Kuqi in our team too.

Owngoal
27-03-2010, 11:11 PM
I thought it was Mick Jones who let the cat out of the bag about Warnock wanting Clint out ?

Certain people like certain players and despise others. Clinton and Hudson were forced out by not being valued by Warnock (and certain fans). Warnock made it pretty public about his preference for SLOWCROFT. As we speak Hudson is out with his ex team mates and their wives along with watson - however he will never be forgiven by one or two for going to the clowns. As a player it must have been difficult to see Kuqi getting paid better than you. How many would take substantially less to stay where they were not appreciated.

However, its not worth wasting breath arguing with some as they are always right and the rest of us are wrong:p

rainbow_child
28-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Certain people like certain players and despise others. Clinton and Hudson were forced out by not being valued by Warnock (and certain fans). Warnock made it pretty public about his preference for SLOWCROFT. As we speak Hudson is out with his ex team mates and their wives along with watson - however he will never be forgiven by one or two for going to the clowns. As a player it must have been difficult to see Kuqi getting paid better than you. How many would take substantially less to stay where they were not appreciated.

However, its not worth wasting breath arguing with some as they are always right and the rest of us are wrong:p

Mark Hudson was offered a 50% pay increase and a signing on fee to stay at Palace and it is not true to say that Warnock didn't want him to stay that is not the case.

Aaroncpfc
28-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Agreed. There's so many former Palace forwards that could have been so useful for us. Even though Freddie Sears never technically hit the back of the net for us I still fell like that today was the type of game where we could have really needed a forward who plays in the style that he does.

Biggineagle
28-03-2010, 06:09 AM
"Im just a Dreamer, who dreams of better days"

cranesparkeagle
28-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Mark Hudson was offered a 50% pay increase and a signing on fee to stay at Palace and it is not true to say that Warnock didn't want him to stay that is not the case.

Hudson went for better football. that was what he said. He went down with Charlton so he got what he deserved. I always thought he was grossly overrated and that includes his own estimation of himself. Fonte was a bigger loss and left at a time when we were doing fine. At the same point McCarthy was crocked. Why people keep dredging Hudson up is completely beyond me. It has nothing to with where we find ourselves.

N Herts Eagle
28-03-2010, 05:11 PM
If we go down then next season will be one about building with youngsters a few older players and maybe a free transfer or two.....one of the qualities of the latter two is to work with youngsters not just on the pitch but off the pitch toocertainly what I recall Clinton is more than capable to full fill that role....

There are one or two issues who will be the management team next year will Clinton fit in with them......Hart Dougie and Pembo are here till season end what happens then will depennd on who buys us... I am not sure Clinton is every managers cup of tea....I might be wrong but did Dougie always get on well with Clinton I think they certainly had musical clashes.....

Certainly would add far more than Stern John.....his return currently 1 in 36 and that was for Ipswich

ANDYEAGLE
28-03-2010, 05:45 PM
If we go down then next season will be one about building with youngsters a few older players and maybe a free transfer or two.....one of the qualities of the latter two is to work with youngsters not just on the pitch but off the pitch toocertainly what I recall Clinton is more than capable to full fill that role....

There are one or two issues who will be the management team next year will Clinton fit in with them......Hart Dougie and Pembo are here till season end what happens then will depennd on who buys us... I am not sure Clinton is every managers cup of tea....I might be wrong but did Dougie always get on well with Clinton I think they certainly had musical clashes.....

Certainly would add far more than Stern John.....his return currently 1 in 36 and that was for Ipswich

To add more than Stern John is not saying much really.

If we go down I can't see Clinton wanting to come back on 2-3k a week however much he loves the club. He will still command decent wages of 5-6k from someone in the Championship.

Owngoal
28-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Hudson went for better football. that was what he said. He went down with Charlton so he got what he deserved. I always thought he was grossly overrated and that includes his own estimation of himself. Fonte was a bigger loss and left at a time when we were doing fine. At the same point McCarthy was crocked. Why people keep dredging Hudson up is completely beyond me. It has nothing to with where we find ourselves.

Yep, we had a crap defence with hudson in it didn't we. Missed one match (dropped by warnock for not signing - Warnock playing him every match showed what he thought of him didn't it?). I seem to remember several fantastic challenges every match, good positioning at free kicks, and some really moaney 'fans' who didn't like him. It repeats itself today with some and their opinion of Clyne. however these same fans think Derry and lawrence play well every match.

TC EAGLE
30-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Morrison wants to stay at Coventry http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6061625,00.html

Biggineagle
30-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Morrison wants to stay at Coventry http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6061625,00.html
SNIGGER

Well there is a surprise
Us second choice I expect:rolleyes:
Poor guy is really desperate
Still thats loyalty for you

sydnsteve
30-03-2010, 10:36 AM
What, you mean that he wants a job?? FFS get real. We couldn't afford him, and he is hardly going to take a massive pay cut to play in League 1.

jobiinthelastmi
30-03-2010, 05:14 PM

Translates to:

"Look at me, I'm out of contract in the summer"

dufski13
01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
What, you mean that he wants a job?? FFS get real. We couldn't afford him, and he is hardly going to take a massive pay cut to play in League 1.

Why would he have to play in League 1 ? WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN. FFS it's hardly as if the fat lady has sung just yet, nothing like optimistically keeping your spirits up. We've been in far worse positions than this before.

pardew's shorts
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM

jobiinthelastmi
06-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Now Coleman has gone can't see him wanting to stay at Coventry now.

Trist
10-05-2010, 05:23 AM
I'd love to see him back at Palace, but as others have said he would need to take a big pay cut.

eagle_ali9
10-05-2010, 06:05 AM
Coleman manager, Dougie assistant and a Clinton return and we've got a team and management force that really care about the club. That's if it doesn't get broken up because of administration.

Popester
10-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Coleman manager, Dougie assistant and a Clinton return and we've got a team and management force that really care about the club. That's if it doesn't get broken up because of administration.

Coleman cares for Palace? I take it you didnt see his performances before we sold him to Blackburn. Totally sulked because he didnt move earlier.

Jim Cannon
10-05-2010, 07:36 AM
thought dougie had already gone to sheff utd

Psychokiller
10-05-2010, 07:45 AM
thought dougie had already gone to sheff utd
No that was Pembo

Jim Cannon
10-05-2010, 07:47 AM
aaaah

gold76
10-05-2010, 09:53 AM
does anyone see him going to Brizzle with Sir Steve?

CPFC_DAVE77
10-05-2010, 09:55 AM
does anyone see him going to Brizzle with Sir Steve?

Could he partner Maynard?

pardew's shorts
10-05-2010, 10:23 AM

gold76
10-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't know, but on a free he's a steal, I just hope he doesn't end up at either Scumwall or the clowns.

CPFC_DAVE77
10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
CM + SS would be an exciting front pairing.

I could see Lee and Clint forming a solid partnership, too.

Biggineagle
10-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Would rather have Akinbyi back, similar useless player, but at least Akinbyi tries.

EagleSE24
10-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Would welcome him back with open arms!

forsells no1 fan
10-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Would rather have Akinbyi back, similar useless player, but at least Akinbyi tries.

Hope this is a wind up?

AJ
10-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't know, but on a free he's a steal.

Not quite. I am sure his wages are well above the average Palace should be paying.

unsensibleLiam
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Would love him back here, shame we didn't keep him the last time.

Bobsta
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Meh

Crunchie
11-05-2010, 05:54 PM
If we had been relegated, I would get him in.

However is he really good enough for the championship anymore?

hoskingt
11-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Would love to see him back... for a reasonable wage.

PALACEFAN
11-05-2010, 06:18 PM

Lol. I'm hoping this is a joke.

You do quite never know with some of the comments you get on this site. I think I'll take it as joke.

orp pisshead1
11-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Well 11 goals that he got this season will go a long way to keeping us up next season hopefully:p .

Jason
11-05-2010, 10:04 PM

For a promotion push, probably not. For a club looking to maintain its place in this League while it rebuilds, he is ideal. Given we fit very much into the latter category, he would seem like a great signing if the wages were sensible.

Owngoal
11-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Was their best player against us and better than most of ours, question answered really:p

beef
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I was a big fan of Clint but I think he is the past now. We need to move on and cannot justify the wages he would be asking for.

CPFC_DAVE77
11-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Was their best player against us and better than most of ours, question answered really:p

I like Clint, but no way was he the best player against us.