PDA

View Full Version : Warnock Planning Palace triple raid

maxcpfc
26-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Neil Warnock is planning triple raid on Crystal Palace
Ian Gibb
Ads by Google
Football First Derby

With Crystal Palace's administrators admitting there will be no more money to fund the club after the current campaign, former boss Neil Warnock wants Darren Ambrose, Nathaniel Clyne and Neil Danns to follow him to Queens Park Rangers.

The 800,000 monthly wage bill can't be met without matchday income so administrator Brendan Guilfoyle is hurrying up prospective bidders ahead of his end-of-March deadline for a buyer.

Guilfoyle said: "The deadline is a real one. I need to have someone around, otherwise I will have to start contingency planning."
:veryangry

just read this on the evening standard website
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23818942-neil-warnock-is-planning-triple-raid-on-crystal-palace.do

Owngoal
26-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Nothing to see here, move along........

maxcpfc
26-03-2010, 06:06 PM
probably not..... but i wouldnt put it past warnock, specially if were in div 1 next season i wouldnt be surprised if he nicks 4 of our players

pauldrulez
26-03-2010, 06:06 PM
No new owner would sell our best players.

AJ
26-03-2010, 06:12 PM

I wouldn't bet on it.

maxcpfc
26-03-2010, 06:16 PM
thats what im hoping for new owner comes in and rebuilds us and tells warnock where to shove his pockets of notes

Chris K
26-03-2010, 06:16 PM
lazy journalism

AJ's right boot
26-03-2010, 07:50 PM
I think that depends on what league we are in.

LeeH
26-03-2010, 08:10 PM
He cannot sell anyone til end of season (or cannot let them go at least). I'm sure I saw somewhere else on the BBS the emergency loan window is shut now as well.

Most of the team IMO will be off in the close season anyway so no news here.

gcwhite
26-03-2010, 08:35 PM
**** off Warnock.

TOOPM
26-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I know most of the players will probably feel they owe something to Warnock, but surely Clyne will attract interest from some Premier League clubs? Why would he feel he needs to go to QPR?

Duffle Coat
26-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Now we see the true Warnock. Anyone planning to give him a polite round of applause should think again. He is not interested in our club as far as I am concerned and he tells untruths.

TOOPM
26-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I know none of us want to think about it, but if we go down :sob: , you can understand them going.

That said, why would Clyne settle for anything less than premier league?

AddiscombeCPFC
26-03-2010, 09:45 PM
**** off Warnock.
Yeh f uck off warnock you ugly c unt

bern5161
26-03-2010, 10:05 PM
tip of the iceberg. all three are going in the close season along with at least five more. get used to it folks

Eagle Mal
26-03-2010, 10:11 PM
? inside knowledge

cranesparkeagle
26-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Clyne is too good for ******* QPR. He already turned Wolves down and they may well be in the premier league next year.

bern5161
26-03-2010, 10:19 PM
? inside knowledge

common knowledge i think. we can't afford to pay the wages close season and most of the first team are out of contract

The Gerry Queen
26-03-2010, 10:27 PM
We will survive and keep our Championship status which will be further secured by our new owners who will be looking for us to develop a challenge of our own next season.
As for Neil Warnock and QPR ? They will be a side show and will flatter to decieve. Oh and stay away Neil and go and splash the Mittalls cash somewhere else. He is bound to waste most of it on 5 over the hill strikers for the back four to lump it up to. He was at his best with us when he had no cash and made do with what he had. His transfer record is average to poor at best and the beautiful people in charge at Loftus Road will find that out soon.

Riccardo
26-03-2010, 10:35 PM
They will be a side show and will flatter to decieve. Oh and stay away Neil and go and splash the Mittalls cash somewhere else. He is bound to waste most of it on 5 over the hill strikers for the back four to lump it up to.

Wayne Allison spotted at Loftus Road today.

Ashley Ward was his driver.

Sussex Eagle
26-03-2010, 10:43 PM
common knowledge i think. we can't afford to pay the wages close season and most of the first team are out of contract
No they aren't. Derry, Hill, Ertl, John and Butterfield are the only regular first teamers whose contracts are up this summer I think.

glaziers fan
26-03-2010, 10:45 PM
He can have Clyne for the next 2 weeks if he likes! ;)

limited_edition
26-03-2010, 10:52 PM
We will survive and keep our Championship status which will be further secured by our new owners who will be looking for us to develop a challenge of our own next season.
As for Neil Warnock and QPR ? They will be a side show and will flatter to decieve. Oh and stay away Neil and go and splash the Mittalls cash somewhere else. He is bound to waste most of it on 5 over the hill strikers for the back four to lump it up to. He was at his best with us when he had no cash and made do with what he had. His transfer record is average to poor at best and the beautiful people in charge at Loftus Road will find that out soon.Absolutely. While he's great when there's little to spend, NW makes poor decisions when he has money. Loadsa dosh on Akinbiyi when at Sheff U for a start. Then 3m on our very own Claude Davis while at the Lane. Claude's a good solid, CCC defender, but NW signed him when they got promoted. And he's far from a Prem quality defender. Even his biggest signing here, Nick Carle he couldn't make work. Not that Nicky's a poor player, far from it, he's showing himself to be a class player now he has the freedom to play higher up the pitch. But NW didn't have the tactical nous to get the best out of him.

Shipp Ahoy!
26-03-2010, 11:18 PM
What a brilliant story full of whats that? NO QUOTES FROM ANYONE apart from a misquoted line from BG when he was in fact trying to say that we're close to sorting a buyer out.

Don't bite so easy my friends.

Latvian Eagle
27-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Just goes to show just how good some of our players are that other teams want them. ;)

Dobbo
08-04-2010, 07:36 AM
Mirror had a story y'day saying he's got 10m to spend on 9 new players. Clyne, Speroni, Danns, Ambrose & Hooper (Scunny) on list. Suggest we tell him to F O in no uncertain terms on Saturday !

pistol
09-04-2010, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=Dobbo]Mirror had a story y'day saying he's got 10m to spend on 9 new players. Clyne, Speroni, Danns, Ambrose & Hooper (Scunny) on list. Suggest we tell him to F O in no uncertain terms on Saturday ![/:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :

Will S
12-04-2010, 07:57 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1265258/Crystal-Palace-keeper-Julian-Speroni-eyes-QPR-move.html

Brett
12-04-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1265258/Crystal-Palace-keeper-Julian-Speroni-eyes-QPR-move.html

Sami Mokbel is a ****.

kolinkins
12-04-2010, 08:24 AM
That's true Brett

Not sure what Jules said constitutes him wanting a move. We cannot offer him a new deal. I think if we stay up, we it should be a priority to sign him up.

Brett
12-04-2010, 08:30 AM
This is the problem with page impression advertising.

These idiots only have to drop a few links to a sensational sounding headline and they've made their money, even though the 'report' itself only contains about two lines of tenuous nonsense.

BaldEagle96
12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Not sure what Jules said constitutes him wanting a move. We cannot offer him a new deal. I think if we stay up, we it should be a priority to sign him up.

Agreed, but on the other hand if we go down we are more than likely to lose him along with a few others.

Beanie
12-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Agreed, but on the other hand if we go down we are more than likely to lose him along with a few others.
Why? Norwich went down and didn't sell hence their position. More significant will be how deep the new owners pockets are. They have said relegation would not effect the bid and I suspect we 'd get better gates with a team doing well in League One than struggling in the Championship. It's not as black and white as which league we're in.

AJ
12-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Why? Norwich went down and didn't sell hence their position. More significant will be how deep the new owners pockets are. They have said relegation would not effect the bid and I suspect we 'd get better gates with a team doing well in League One than struggling in the Championship. It's not as black and white as which league we're in.

Palace need to buy 1 or 2 goalscoring forwards. If we go down, players like Speroni and Ambrose will want to move on and imo we should let them. The money gained from their sales and salaries should allow the club to bring in a couple of good strikers, as long as the club isn't still in administration.
BTW, Norwich get over 20,000 a game in League One, Palace rarely get 20k.