PDA

View Full Version : Speroni Hints at QPR Move

BulletEagle
12-04-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm disappointed in you Jules...

Link (http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Crystal-Palace-keeper-Speroni-hints-at-QPR-move-to-join-Warnock/7028/?)

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Julian Speroni has added to the speculation that he will join former Selhurst Park boss Neil Warnock at QPR over the summer.

Recent reports have suggested that Loftus Road boss Warnock will be given a significant budget over the summer to improve his squad and his first port of call will be former club Crystal Palace . Speroni, Darren Ambrose and Neil Danns have all been names linked with a move to QPR.

Argentinian keeper Speroni is a popular and highly-rated figure at Crystal Palace and is in his sixth season with the club. However, the 30 year-old did little to quash speculation of teaming up with former boss Warnock.

Speroni is quoted in the Daily Mail saying, "I had a good time with Neil Warnock while he was here. I've got one more season on my contract here.

"Then, whatever happens, will happen."

QPR will likely be on the lookout for a goalkeeper over the summer with Radek Cerny the only senior stopper at the club. The Czech keeper was dropped in recent months in favour of on loan Wolves goalkeeper Carl Ikeme .

Daily Mail Link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1265258/Crystal-Palace-keeper-Julian-Speroni-eyes-QPR-move.html?)

Julian Speroni has admitted he could team up with QPR boss Neil Warnock again.

Crystal Palace fear their ex-manager Warnock will launch a summer raid on the club, poaching Speroni and Darren Ambrose.

Transfer targets: QPR could launch a summer swoop for Speroni and Ambrose
Speroni said: I had a good time with Neil Warnock while he was here. Ive got one more season on my contract here.
'Then, whatever happens will happen.

eagle101
12-04-2010, 08:31 AM
I wish he could have said nothing, we could do without this at this time in particular.

kolinkins
12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
He's said nothing wrong

Brett
12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Disappointed in him for what?

jobiinthelastmi
12-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Not the sort of story we need to see right now :(

AddiscombeCPFC
12-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Whilst what he said is probably true (no player knows where they stand when we're in admin), he really should've just kept his gob shut or said "All Im concentrating on is keeping palace up"... stuff like this really doesnt help our cause.

Oh and Warnock: you're a c*nt

Brett
12-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Words fail me.

Neil
12-04-2010, 08:35 AM
The only reason I would begrude any sort of move to QPR is because he should be playing at a much higher level and for a better club.

Really don't know why a club like Arsenal don't ditch their two jokes they have between the sticks and get someone like Julian in.

cockles
Firstly, we don't know in what context he said this....

It would be a great shame but he doesn't owe us anything really.

It will be up to the new owners to make him a decent new offer over the summer & invest in the squad - otherwise he may be sold to for the last year of his contract.

BulletEagle
Even though he hasn't really said something wrong, neither had Warnock back then, he could have said, "I want to concentrate on the job in hand." Just like Warnock could have. But he didn't.

Maybe with hindsight he will realise he should have, and we don't know how long ago this quote is from, but even so.

kolinkins
12-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Maybe he did say that. We don't know. I doubt Julian just said those 2 lines and left it at that.

Granada allover
12-04-2010, 08:44 AM
He's just stating fact. Given him a break.

muji
12-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Reads like a fishing expedition to me. Was probably asked what he thought of Warnock (as we were playing QPR) and then if he would follow him to QPR. He just gave an honest answer in that he doesn't know. He said 'Then, whatever happens will happen.’ in reference to the end of his contract – that's in one year's time, not now.

Walrus
12-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Did you expect Jullian to say something like:

"I'm looking forward to signing a new 5-year deal at Palace even though they might not be able to offer me what I'm certainly worth. I'm really looking forward to the challenge of League 1 football next season." ?

Nothing to see here. If we go down, it won't be because Julian Model Pro Speroni threw it away.

Gooders
12-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Can't see anything wrong with what he's said there, tbh.

And face facts fellas - if we don't get taken over by the end of the season (which is looking increasingly unlikely from where I'm sitting) then losing Julian will be the least of our worries.

Riccardo
12-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Non-story.

Do any Palace players really know what next season holds for them ?

League One ? Championship ? A club to play at ??

Freddy Kurz
12-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Fear that the originator of this thread, is being a tad paranoid, about a
report designed to elicit just such a reaction. All Julian has done is
to give an honest and accurate reply to the journalist concerned.

It isn't any of his fault that because of the current financial problems
at the Club, he, like a number of other players, haven't been offered
extended terms, and until the Club has been bought by CPFC(2010)
or somebody else, the future of most of our best players will remain
uncertain.

Since all our players have personal and/or family commitments, who
can blame any of them for thinking about their future professional
careers, like any other employed person (including most Palace
fans)

hughff
12-04-2010, 09:04 AM
As near as I can see he said, "When I'm out of contract, I'll look at offers." As long as he has a contract, he's not moving.

muji
12-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I think the originator is reacting not to what Julian actually said but what the Mail has said 'could' happen. They know no more than we do but needed a snappy headline. 'Speroni to leave in 12 months time' doesn't have much story value so they fabricated one. Julian "could team up with Neil Warnock again' but similarly could just as much have admitted he could join Arsenal if he'd been asked that question instead.

The Gerry Queen
12-04-2010, 09:37 AM
What a snide and horrible paper the Daily Mail is. They really have no scruples at all at. It's one thing to break a new story and it's another to rake over an old one just to fill some column inches on the sports page on a quiet day. I think that they really have it in for us at the moment and trying to demoralise a club in administration,desperately fighting for survival and which has just lost to it's former manager and relegation rival, is well below the belt.I don't think it bothers them a jot either. Scum.

SE25Eagle
12-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Whilst what he said is probably true (no player knows where they stand when we're in admin), he really should've just kept his gob shut or said "All Im concentrating on is keeping palace up"... stuff like this really doesnt help our cause.

Oh and Warnock: you're a c*nt

Bang on.:p

FraserH
12-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Fear that the originator of this thread, is being a tad paranoid, about a
report designed to elicit just such a reaction. All Julian has done is
to give an honest and accurate reply to the journalist concerned.

It isn't any of his fault that because of the current financial problems
at the Club, he, like a number of other players, haven't been offered
extended terms, and until the Club has been bought by CPFC(2010)
or somebody else, the future of most of our best players will remain
uncertain.

Since all our players have personal and/or family commitments, who
can blame any of them for thinking about their future professional
careers, like any other employed person (including most Palace
fans)

when will you learn to type properly and use the whole of the screen?

Dorset Eagle
12-04-2010, 10:02 AM
It has been reported by BBC Sport that Julian Speroni would 'relish the opportunity of playing under NW at QPR'. If we go down, I can see this as a definate, but if we stay up, will we keep him?

hamge
12-04-2010, 10:04 AM
It has been reported by BBC Sport that Julian Speroni would 'relish the opportunity of playing under NW at QPR'. If we go down, I can see this as a definate, but if we stay up, will we keep him?

If we stay up yes.

917L
12-04-2010, 10:04 AM
AATOT

muji
12-04-2010, 10:11 AM

Who said it was proper to use the whole screen? Freddy's line length is technically easier and quicker to read than the 'proper' version.

Oh south london
12-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Shall we boo him at Derby?

BulletEagle
12-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Who said it was proper to use the whole screen? Freddy's line length is technically easier and quicker to read than the 'proper' version.

It's not easier to read.

jams1234
12-04-2010, 10:38 AM
As near as I can see he said, "When I'm out of contract, I'll look at offers." As long as he has a contract, he's not moving.
This.

I keep on reverberating this every single time a Jules thread comes up, but it's getting boring now. Jules loves it here, and would only ever leave if the club no longer wants him( which he hints at here with his contract remark) or a massive (literally massive) offer comes up. This rules out QPR for the time being, unless a takeover is not done and BG needs/wants to sell.

pauldrulez
12-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't think that is what he said at all.

If we go down, i've got no problem with Jules moving.

He should be in the Prem though.

FraserH
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM

not if you full screen surely?

either way it annoys me, always has always will. not sure why you piped up tbh.

FraserH
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
It's not easier to read.

thank you someone elsed who agrees :D

Beanie
12-04-2010, 12:16 PM
If he'd done that all that would have happened is that the paper would have run the either the "Speroni refuses to deny QPR move" or "Speroni coy on QPR move" story, which would have been a lot more disreuptive than this. What he says shows as gfar as he's concerned he'll be at Palace next season, which is all we can ask. The new owners have a year to worry about this - they need to look at this years contracts first.

Clapham Grand
12-04-2010, 12:19 PM
No story here. Only intersting thing he is out of contract next year

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 12:20 PM
What a snide and horrible paper the Daily Mail is. They really have no scruples at all at. It's one thing to break a new story and it's another to rake over an old one just to fill some column inches on the sports page on a quiet day. I think that they really have it in for us at the moment and trying to demoralise a club in administration,desperately fighting for survival and which has just lost to it's former manager and relegation rival, is well below the belt.I don't think it bothers them a jot either. Scum.

HA HA Ha you nob:clown:

Freddy Kurz
12-04-2010, 03:32 PM

When will you have the intelligence to take note of what I'm trying to say,
which has been written in perfectly good English, instead of worrying about
the format used.

If you think my format is a little unusual, try reading James Joyce's "Ulysses":)
a work of REAL genius, which breaks
almost every typographical norm in English literature and
is no worse for that. You are an old stick-in-the
-mud, Fraser H - shame on you!

Somehow I don't think you would have been in the forefront
of our Code-breakers at Bletchley Park during World War Two
if you find my modest efferts in plain-Eaglish so difficult to read.........

GodstoneEagle
12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
is Eaglish a reference to speaking some sort of Palace fan language Freddy?

SurreyRanger
12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it. They fill these sections with crap.

FraserH
12-04-2010, 03:35 PM
When will you have the intelligence to take note of what I'm trying to say,
which has been written in perfectly good English, instead of worrying about
the format used.

If you think my format is a little unusual, try reading James Joyce's "Ulysses":)
a work of REAL genius, which breaks
almost every typographical norm in English literature and
is no worse for that. You are an old stick-in-the
-mud, Fraser H - shame on you!

Somehow I don't think you would have been in the forefront
of our Code-breakers at Bletchley Park during World War Two
if you find my modest efferts in plain-Eaglish so difficult to read.........

no worries my friend, just makes me think you a bit "special" thats all

FraserH
12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
is Eaglish a reference to speaking some sort of Palace fan language Freddy?

my thoughts exactly

BulletEagle
12-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Link (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137603)

The following is a nice little thread about Freddy Kurz, in which his annoying
typing style is discussed. We all know that Freddy has been a fan for 600
years and apparently we need to show more respect. Or maybe somebody
could just post like a normal person. He is not better than us, and his opinion
is no more valid than anybody else's. I don't care how old he is. Age is not an
excuse for typing stupidly and speaking Eaglish.

PALACEWU
12-04-2010, 04:12 PM
HA HA Ha you nob:clown:

But he is correct in what he is saying. :moo:

pumaspalace
12-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow, what would happen if we lost Speroni?

917L
12-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Wow, what would happen if we lost Speroni?

We'd need to send a search party?

Palace Bear
12-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Likely run of events leading up to this story:

Journalist: What did you think of Warnock when he was at palace
Speroni: he was a good manager, I enjoyed my time under him

.................10 minutes later...............

Journalist: What are your plans for the future
Speroni: I am under contract at palace, i like it here and am concentrating on the job in hand
Jounalist: So would you move to QPR?
Speroni: I'm happy at palace
Journalist: Would you move to the premiership if someone came in for you
Speroni: I hope to play in the premiership one day, I'd love to do that at palace again
Journalist: So there are no truth in the rumours you want to move?
Speroni: I enjoy playing for palace and I am fully focussed on keeping us up. I have one year on my contract, then whatever happens happens. It is not the right time to be thinking about new contracts.

This is the article they produce.....

Daily Mail Link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1265258/Crystal-Palace-keeper-Julian-Speroni-eyes-QPR-move.html?)

Daily mail are a poor excuse for a news paper with terrible journalist, stop reading it you morons!

Brummie Allan
12-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Wow, what would happen if we lost Speroni?That's back on topic:( let's have more Freddy.

pumaspalace
12-04-2010, 04:30 PM
That's back on topic:( let's have more Freddy.
Sorry. OK, carry on about Freddy.

PhilD
12-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Speroni hasn't said anything untoward, clearly.

Incidentally, as brilliant a keeper as he is, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Warnock will be desperate to bring him in. In Cerny they already have a very good keeper and I would have thought he'd be looking to strengthen other areas of the team first.

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Daily mail are a poor excuse for a news paper with terrible journalist, stop reading it you morons!

I like the Daily Mail :p

Palace Kebab
12-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Speroni hasn't said anything untoward, clearly.

Incidentally, as brilliant a keeper as he is, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Warnock will be desperate to bring him in. In Cerny they already have a very good keeper and I would have thought he'd be looking to strengthen other areas of the team first.

Ambrose is more likely to be top of his shopping list IMO.

Realistically 2m+ and they can have him...

(assuming we have a buyer. No buyer = about 200k probably)

The Gerry Queen
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Likely run of events leading up to this story:

Journalist: What did you think of Warnock when he was at palace
Speroni: he was a good manager, I enjoyed my time under him

.................10 minutes later...............

Journalist: What are your plans for the future
Speroni: I am under contract at palace, i like it here and am concentrating on the job in hand
Jounalist: So would you move to QPR?
Speroni: I'm happy at palace
Journalist: Would you move to the premiership if someone came in for you
Speroni: I hope to play in the premiership one day, I'd love to do that at palace again
Journalist: So there are no truth in the rumours you want to move?
Speroni: I enjoy playing for palace and I am fully focussed on keeping us up. I have one year on my contract, then whatever happens happens. It is not the right time to be thinking about new contracts.

This is the article they produce.....

True but they don't have exclusive rights to being crap. The rest are just as bad. The Daily Mail do seem to have it in for us though. One day it would be interesting to find out why but not as long as it mean't waisting good money on them. Arsewipe !

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I like the Daily Mail :p

I like Freddy's posts :p

Ruskin Old Boy
12-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Not really a "news"paper anymore. A mouthpiece for the Tory party.

Favoured Hitler in the 1930's so difficult to guess which football club - if any - they would favour.

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 08:47 PM

Favoured Hitler in the 1930's so difficult to guess which football club - if any - they would favour.

LOL

Some sad people on here

Yeah i am one, and a moron too apparently.

I like the Mail:p

RDSdaEAGLE
12-04-2010, 08:52 PM

This article is a case of making news when there is no news to actually report.

It's tabloidy bullshit and completely unacceptable.

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 08:54 PM
This article is a case of making news when there is no news to actually report.

It's tabloidy bullshit and completely unacceptable.

I like The Mail:p

RDSdaEAGLE
12-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I like The Mail:p

Stop trolling.

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Nope. Stop being a newspaper authority snob

Owngoal
12-04-2010, 09:12 PM

Imagine if Hitler was our manager though, he'd have us playing back in our black away kit and we'd be able to invade other teams like Arsenal and take them over. Finally the European Cup and a great stadium. He'd soon have us taking over Barcelona and plaing in red n' blue again. He wouldn't jump ship to a richer club either.

Jules has English as a second language, it would be very easy to twist a question to get the desired article which i suspect is what this is all about.

PS the above was just an insane ramble, bit like the Daily Mail really. Very surprised they have not managed to link us with a story about Princess Di, they have with everybody else.

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 09:14 PM
PS the above was just an insane ramble,

Say No More

Ruskin Old Boy
12-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Imagine if Hitler was our manager though, he'd have us playing back in our black away kit and we'd be able to invade other teams like Arsenal and take them over. Finally the European Cup and a great stadium. He'd soon have us taking over Barcelona and plaing in red n' blue again. He wouldn't jump ship to a richer club either.

Jules has English as a second language, it would be very easy to twist a question to get the desired article which i suspect is what this is all about.

PS the above was just an insane ramble, bit like the Daily Mail really. Very surprised they have not managed to link us with a story about Princess Di, they have with everybody else.

:D :p

Posted this on another thread but it's applicable to this thread too.

7gi4EVRpyds

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 09:20 PM
:D :p

Posted this on another thread but it's applicable to this thread too.

7gi4EVRpyds

AATOT:p

RDSdaEAGLE
12-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Nope. Stop being a newspaper authority snob

It's not snobbery to suggest that a newspaper which once reported on news now specialises in the art of creating it.

It isn't just a Mail issue, but they've certainly been the most obvious example.

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 09:21 PM
It's not snobbery to suggest that a newspaper which once reported on news now specialises in the art of creating it.

It isn't just a Mail issue, but they've certainly been the most obvious example.
YAWN

RDSdaEAGLE
12-04-2010, 09:25 PM
YAWN

THE DAILY MAIL IS A TABLOID JOKE AND YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR BUYING IT.

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Reel him in

The Gerry Queen
12-04-2010, 09:46 PM
THE DAILY MAIL IS A TABLOID JOKE AND YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR BUYING IT.

:p

Biggineagle
12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Two fish on one hook, today is my lucky day, according to my stars in the Mail.

New LP
12-04-2010, 10:17 PM
It's a non story and what happens with our better players depends on what division we are in and whether we have new ownership.

RichTea
13-04-2010, 02:31 AM
I just got in from a long, dull busy night at work only for it to make my night even worse to get loaded up on here and i see this link to the right hand side of the screen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1265258/Crystal-Palace-keeper-Julian-Speroni-eyes-QPR-move.html?ITO=1490

I like Ambrose, and i love Speroni. Julian has been the main man at Palace for the last couple of seasons, and this season his been oustanding, kept us in quite a few games. I like Darren Ambrose, top scorer and great asset to the team when he plays well. I really believe we'll stay us this season and it will be because of Speroni's fantastic saves week in week out, and Ambrose's goals. I think Warnock was a twat for leaving us like that, he did well while he was at Palace, but Palace would miss Ambrose and certainly struggle without Julian

hughff
13-04-2010, 02:54 AM
AATOT http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200409

FraserH
13-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Link (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137603)

The following is a nice little thread about Freddy Kurz, in which his annoying
typing style is discussed. We all know that Freddy has been a fan for 600
years and apparently we need to show more respect. Or maybe somebody
could just post like a normal person. He is not better than us, and his opinion
is no more valid than anybody else's. I don't care how old he is. Age is not an
excuse for typing stupidly and speaking Eaglish.

:p

Crunchie
13-04-2010, 12:40 PM

As soon as we went into admin, Hilter would be off to QPR to play in black and white stripes.

We would then have to stick with the likes of Michael Caine, Pele, Bobby Moore, John Wark, Mike Summerbee, Ossie Ardilies, Russell Osman and Sylvester Stallone and hope they can keep there spirits up, and make sure we are 3 points clear of Sheff Wed before the last game of the season.

philsick
13-04-2010, 06:20 PM
The daily mail is written by right wing reactionaries,for right wing reactionaries,or in the hope of creating more right wing reactionaries from people devoid of any original thoughts or feelings.They're bound to hate an entity like cpfc.

fabulouslyeagle
13-04-2010, 07:05 PM
i would be very upset were he to leave :( It's not even as if QPR play good football, they're merely rich. Would hope that ones such as Speroni would have a bit more commitment to the club, but i suppose money is money..

Biggineagle
13-04-2010, 08:21 PM
The daily mail is written by right wing reactionaries,for right wing reactionaries,or in the hope of creating more right wing reactionaries from people devoid of any original thoughts or feelings.They're bound to hate an entity like cpfc.

What kept you Phil???

I like the Daily Mail:p

Oh south london
13-04-2010, 08:21 PM

Yet I am pretty certain its sports editor is a Palace fan.

Biggineagle
13-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Yet I am pretty certain its sports editor is a Palace fan.

And a leftie???:D

David
13-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Speroni = Legend!

gold76
14-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I wouldnt begrudge Jules a premier league chance after 6 years here, but going to QPR, would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Eric Young 83
14-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I wouldnt begrudge Jules a premier league chance after 6 years here, but going to QPR, would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Going to QPR will not give him any more chance of premier league football than staying at Palace.

SE25Eagle
14-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Going to QPR will not give him any more chance of premier league football than staying at Palace.

It would if we're relegated....?

CommercialStone
14-04-2010, 02:38 PM
If Speroni does leave then he will have some far better offers that QPR.

CPFC_DAVE77
14-04-2010, 02:45 PM
If Speroni does leave then he will have some far better offers that QPR.

He's 30, will he get any better financial offers than QPR? His got a young daughter and is apparently settled in this area, a 3 year deal on a hefty wage at a club thats willing to spend to challenge for a Prem place under a manager he undoubtably gets on with might not be that bad a prospect for him.

Absolution
14-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Why do people bother to react to articles like this, they are usually written by talentless writers who take a small, fairly pointless quote then spin it into being a non-existent story.

Although the intelligence involved in realising that Warnock used to be our manager, that we are out of money, and he is at a club.. (wait for it) with money is truly stunning.

Speroni was our goalie before Warnock, and he shall continue to be so now that he is gone. Hopefully if we stay up and have new owners, then Julian will stay at Palace.. because lets face it, there have been a lot more substantial quotes about his affection for Crystal Palace than there are used in that poor excuse for a newspaper's article.