PDA

View Full Version : Neil Danns to join QPR

DaveP
20-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Just posting something which has been put on the QPR forum in that apparently a fee has already been agreed and that personal terms just need to be sorted for Neil Danns to complete a move to QPR at the end of the season.

I personally think it's rubbish and who would they have agreed a fee with, the administrators of CPFC 2010?

I think it's just QPR fans thinking they are gods gift to the Championship and can buy anyone they like!

DaveP
20-04-2010, 12:20 PM
http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60408

Chris K
20-04-2010, 12:22 PM
If true then the Warnock raping of CPFC begins

Bellyman
20-04-2010, 12:25 PM
They can F**k right off!

eagles #1
20-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Thank God we've got the World Cup to look forward too. This summer is going to be so shit for Palace I reckon.

Il Padrino
20-04-2010, 12:36 PM
there was another crap report in the mirror today, cant remember if Danns was mentioned as one of four players joing QPR but two of the others were Hill and Ambrose

T.C.
20-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Brenda has always said that there is funding only until the end of the season - i.e. only days away.

This will no doubt be the begining of sales just to keep the club afloat until, with no saleable assets and no owner, there will be no club.

kick it doris
20-04-2010, 12:39 PM
there was another crap report in the mirror today, cant remember if Danns was mentioned as one of four players joing QPR but two of the others were Hill and Ambrose

Yes, Danns and Speroni were the other two but this speculation is not new news.

jhc
20-04-2010, 12:44 PM
He's under contract. I'd take this with a pinch of salt if I were you.
They may want him, but that's hardly surprising. He's been one of our best players this season.
Fee agreed?
I doubt that very much!

Il Padrino
20-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Yes, Danns and Speroni were the other two but this speculation is not new news.

Yes, its in the mirror so its a few levels below speculation

kaciejessica
20-04-2010, 12:46 PM
no believe it or not i can answer this one for real danns is 100% going to sheffield utd he told me today he is moving to liverpool and will play with utd next season this all happened when i delivered his rental car today 100%

Gooders
20-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Doubt it's true but whether or not the club exists next season and whether or not a takeover goes through, I'm fully expecting us to lose all of our out-of-contract players and all of the high earners - Danns would obviously be one of the first to be snapped up.

In many ways, I think it would be better if we went down - CPFC2010 would possibly get the club for a better price (sticking point over the ground notwithstanding) and our new young team would have more of a chance in League 1 than in the Championship.

Magic!
20-04-2010, 12:59 PM
He any good then ? :D

PalaceSi
20-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't think that losing any of our current crop of players is something to lose sleep over. Jules is the pick of the bunch but none are irreplaceable frankly.

eagle mart
20-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah, they are leaving, fees agreed, houses bought. Ambrose has attended a fans night to meet and greet the Loftus Road faithful. Danns will be show on the pitch at half time. Hill & Hills will be doing a half time comedy act to entertain the crowd. Speroni is gonna be donning the mascot costume (what ever the hell that is, probably a packet of polos) and Claude Davies is gonna be the general in their firm for the day. It's true I tell ya!

Just like they were all leaving on loan - all agreed innit. You heard it here first.

kaciejessica
20-04-2010, 01:03 PM
he has already signed for sheff utd but have to keep it hush till after the season got that from his own mouth this morning

HolmesdaleNomad
20-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Doubt it's true but whether or not the club exists next season and whether or not a takeover goes through, I'm fully expecting us to lose all of our out-of-contract players and all of the high earners - Danns would obviously be one of the first to be snapped up.

In many ways, I think it would be better if we went down - CPFC2010 would possibly get the club for a better price (sticking point over the ground notwithstanding) and our new young team would have more of a chance in League 1 than in the Championship.

Agreed.

eagle mart
20-04-2010, 01:10 PM
W12 Seat Join Date: Mar 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I the only person who is not too keen on signing all these Palace players? Before admin they were a midtable team, there are better players out there.

Slightly underplaying the fact we would have been in the play-offs or there abouts if we werent in administration.... but he has a point.

Am sure Newcastle will drop a few players, A few of WBA's players might not make the grade, surely you want to look a level higher with that sort of backing?

Gooders
20-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, PooperHoops fans think they should be signing Lionel Messi and co at the best of times so yes, he has a point.

kolinkins
20-04-2010, 01:30 PM
If we're not in the CCC next season, or bought, our better players will leave, be it for QPR or someone else. Not sure it matters where they go, so long as we get the best price possible

Son of Ron
20-04-2010, 01:40 PM
The richest club in the Championship can have Speroni, Ambrose, Danns, Hill et al if they want..........for 5m a piece. :veryangry

Tele Caster
20-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Let's be honest, we don't have one single player who is irreplacable at Championship level. Jules is probably the best of the bunch but I have serious doubts that he is Premier quality. We have a few players who are higher end Championship performers but nothing more.
Let's just hope we have a club to support rather than worry about losing all our players.

JamTheEagle
20-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I especially liked this post:

OMG - I take it those who don't rate Danns never went to Palace. He was by far their best player on the field. The kid is quality and will only get better. Another Moses in the making and would be a great signing. It really does amaze me what game some supporters watch!

Does he realise Danns is 27 :clown:

jhc
20-04-2010, 01:53 PM

I couldn't disagree more I'm afraid.
In any case, there must be a bottom line to pay off the creditors so I'd doubt anyone would 'get the club for a better price'.
Arguably it would make it more difficult because the income in League One would be much less.
Relegation would be a disaster IMO and no guarantee of a quick return.

SilverChevy
20-04-2010, 01:54 PM
no believe it or not i can answer this one for real danns is 100% going to sheffield utd he told me today he is moving to liverpool and will play with utd next season this all happened when i delivered his rental car today 100%

so first thing you did was find a CPFC forum to post something a player would have been asked to keep under wraps if there was any truth in it but told a a car rental delivery driver. sorry but difficult to believe.

The Landlord
20-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Let's be honest, we don't have one single player who is irreplacable at Championship level. Jules is probably the best of the bunch but I have serious doubts that he is Premier quality. We have a few players who are higher end Championship performers but nothing more.
Let's just hope we have a club to support rather than worry about losing all our players.

Agreed. If there's one thing this season has reminded me (and I'm sure most Palace fans) it's that I love and have great pride in Crystal Palace F.C. It's an old cliche but players/managers/owners come and go - what we support is the club.
I would be sad to see any of the players mentioned go, but - so be it, if it keeps this great club alive.

nicknackpalace
20-04-2010, 02:10 PM

uh oh - its the latest BobDay wannabe

Gooders
20-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I couldn't disagree more I'm afraid.
In any case, there must be a bottom line to pay off the creditors so I'd doubt anyone would 'get the club for a better price'.
Arguably it would make it more difficult because the income in League One would be much less.
Relegation would be a disaster IMO and no guarantee of a quick return.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

If we avoid the drop this season but have to put the club on a new footing with drastically reduced expenditure (which is what we're constantly hearing) then we are delaying the inevitable and sure as eggs is eggs we will go down next season.

Shipp Ahoy!
20-04-2010, 02:27 PM
he has already signed for sheff utd but have to keep it hush till after the season got that from his own mouth this morning

This is my favourite post :p

Keep it hush to someone who then goes and posts it on a public forum :D

AJ
20-04-2010, 02:28 PM

Hill is out of contract at the end of the season, so, he along with about 5 or more others can join whoever they like.
Danns, Ambrose and Speroni are under contract, so, anybody will have to work out a deal with the current owners, be it the Administrator or ??

catman1971
20-04-2010, 02:41 PM

Its sad to say but yeah the price would go down if relegation happened

telodaja
20-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Just show's it's speculation, it's well known knowledge Hill wants to go back north, of England that is not the Thames

FraserH
20-04-2010, 02:44 PM
it may be speculation but we have to be prepared to be raped by qpr in the summer it is inevitable

kaciejessica
20-04-2010, 04:06 PM
honest mate most of his things are in boxes he is moving to liverpool remember me when it comes out ive nothing to lie about thought id share what he told me with some fellow eagles thats all

kaciejessica
20-04-2010, 04:09 PM
sorry wont tell my fellow eagles nothing in future thought this is what we were suppose to do

NZsparky
20-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Anything.

Shipp Ahoy!
20-04-2010, 09:04 PM
kaciejessica it is nothing personal, but with your 1st post nobody will take any stock of a poster popping up out of nowhere with a I was told by x that he is off to so and so.

If we believed every poster that did that we would have listen to a lot of crap over the years, not to mention be suseptable to every Millscum/Brighton/Charltoon fan going that fancies a laugh at our expense! IF this happens your stock will rise and people are likely to believe you in future :)

delboy01
20-04-2010, 09:04 PM
danns went down the pub with the HF last week. Not the actions of someone thats leaving. Unless he is told we need the funds.

swissroll
20-04-2010, 09:07 PM

If we avoid the drop this season but have to put the club on a new footing with drastically reduced expenditure (which is what we're constantly hearing) then we are delaying the inevitable and sure as eggs is eggs we will go down next season.

Virtually all clubs are having to reposition themselves financially. Assuming we stay up and the takeover goes through - given we will be debt free puts us in quite a strong position on expenditure. However a new manager is going to be under huge pressure to get a substantially new team and doing ok in their first season together.

The Addonians
20-04-2010, 09:07 PM
honest mate most of his things are in boxes he is moving to liverpool remember me when it comes out ive nothing to lie about thought id share what he told me with some fellow eagles thats all

I totally believe this because Danns would definately tell a complete stranger his plans before it came out via official sources :rolleyes:

pauldrulez
20-04-2010, 09:08 PM
danns went down the pub with the HF last week. Not the actions of someone thats leaving. Unless he is told we need the funds.
Yeah, just like Rui and Jose Fonte, true Palace lads.

Oh, bollocks. :sob:

Seaside Eagle
20-04-2010, 09:32 PM

Jose didn't want to leave, he was told he has to. Under no circumstances did he state that he wanted out. The offer was made, and like Moses, we had no choice. I seem to remember him saying to the paper that he'd have been more than happy to stay? :hmph:

pistol
20-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, PooperHoops fans think they should be signing Lionel Messi and co at the best of times so yes, he has a point.

More likely Lionel Richie:o

Sunny Fan
21-04-2010, 01:10 AM
1. He's moving to Sheffield United.
2. But he's going to live in Liverpool.
Really?

GodstoneEagle
21-04-2010, 01:34 AM

Running a club on a tight ship doesn't mean relegation Gooders.

Gooders
21-04-2010, 08:51 AM
I guess not Godders but a lot would depend on who the new manager was. All of this is assuming that we have a club to support next season of course.

At the end of the day, I don't think relegation would be as bad as all that. Lots of bigger clubs than us have spent time in the third tier recently and most of them have come back leaner, fitter and stronger as a result.

Leeds excepted, of course.

The Omen
21-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Jose didn't want to leave, he was told he has to. Under no circumstances did he state that he wanted out. The offer was made, and like Moses, we had no choice. I seem to remember him saying to the paper that he'd have been more than happy to stay? :hmph:

Jose... is that you?! :D

Crunchie
21-04-2010, 10:06 AM

Sorry Gooders, but have to agree with jhc

Doncaster and Blackpool are good examples of holding your own in the championship, without having to spend stupid wages, whilst still keeping your incoming higher than it would be lower in the leagues. Just shows how important a good management team is as you say.

I pray we stay up and CPFC2010 do take over soon and at last have a club that is run properly and on an even keel, something that has not happened since i started supporting palace in 79.

Away
21-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Translated from Troll: "I'm stuck with my maths homework and none of my mates are logged onto Facebook at the moment."

kaciejessica
21-04-2010, 11:34 AM
you p----

AJ
21-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Sorry Gooders, but have to agree with jhc

Doncaster and Blackpool are good examples of holding your own in the championship, without having to spend stupid wages, whilst still keeping your incoming higher than it would be lower in the leagues. Just shows how important a good management team is as you say.

I've heard that mentioned about Doncaster and Blackpool, but, is it really true? I mean Doncaster gave Oster a contract and if I recall from when he joined Palace he wasn't exactly on peanuts.

Jason
21-04-2010, 02:47 PM
I've heard that mentioned about Doncaster and Blackpool, but, is it really true? I mean Doncaster gave Oster a contract and if I recall from when he joined Palace he wasn't exactly on peanuts.

True, but what we were paying him, and what Doncaster pay him, may not be the same thing. I remember reading on here that last season at least, nobody at Doncaster earned more than 3k pw, and their record signing was at 400k.

I think the difference is, that those to clubs are (despite Blackpool's great form) geared to maintaining their CCC status. For Palace however, the aspiration was (perhaps foolishly in hindsight) promotion, hence us spending money we ultimately didn't have in an attampt to acheive this.

CPFC_DAVE77
21-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Blackpool did invest in the previous summer.

Agree on the whole though, Donny have the advantage they have one of the best managers outside the Prem.

Jim Cannon
21-04-2010, 05:13 PM
This is my favourite post :p

Keep it hush to someone who then goes and posts it on a public forum :D
Quality:D

Mark_cpfc
21-04-2010, 05:44 PM

No disrespect but why on earth would Dannsy tell you he is moving to another club? It's not going to happen

His family already live in Liverpool and i'm sure that's where he's from anyway.

Think you are talking what is known as verbal diarrhoea.

Shipp Ahoy!
22-04-2010, 01:47 AM
you p----

What a charming young lady :)

Diehard
24-04-2010, 08:13 AM
It is inevitable that our stars will be sold - if this take over if it happens won't come soon enough to stop it. Think we have to accept this and move on. The current crop of players are doing their level best to keep us in this division but after the last game it all becomes a whole different ball game. I can't blame any player who wants to secure a future away from Palace in the current climate. CPFC 2010 don't appear to be stuffed with cash or else they would have taken us over weeks ago. They are looking to save the club in the first instance not bankroll a drive to the Premiership.

AddiscombeCPFC
24-04-2010, 10:05 AM

No professional football is true is a "true palace lad" - they're professionals doing their job for a wage - but Danns certainly showed he has an affinity with the fans by going down for a beer.

He might want to stay if the conditions are right, but at the end of the day, it all boils down to whether we can afford to keep him/need the money.

Pub Idol
24-04-2010, 01:02 PM
If we're not in the CCC next season, or bought, our better players will leave, be it for QPR or someone else. Not sure it matters where they go, so long as we get the best price possible

Every single post is somehow supporting Warnock. Its so boring now.
If he went to QPR then that would another bitter pill to swallow for Palace fans.

Malakite
25-04-2010, 09:23 AM
If true then the Warnock raping of CPFC begins
:(

cpfck1llz
25-04-2010, 04:03 PM
neil warnock is a fat northern w a n k e r

Justin
27-04-2010, 10:06 AM

tedguest86
27-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Thank God we've got the World Cup to look forward too. This summer is going to be so shit for Palace I reckon.

To ******* right!

SHIPEAGLE
27-04-2010, 02:09 PM
If true that Danns is joining QPR, then why dont the Club appeal his sending off in the hope that the FA give him extra matches ban for the appeal :D
You never know they may even feel sorry for us and withdraw the red card:D :D :p

ChiswickEagle
30-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Pre-contracts with QPR have been signed by more than one player.

Big Blue Eagle
30-04-2010, 10:34 AM
But surely that works only for out of contract players?

Doors
30-04-2010, 11:24 AM

Bit limp in the headbutt category, but he runs around a bit :afro:

pedro
30-04-2010, 11:30 AM
But surely that works only for out of contract players?
Who else is out of contract apart from Clint Hill? Is Sean Derry as he was one of NW's first signings and was soon made captain, QPR are a bit light in the middle of the park for a battler so this may be on the cards.

DaveP
30-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Pre-contracts with QPR have been signed by more than one player.

I'm guessing that it is Danns and Hill.

Apparently, if we stay up Darren Ambrose has no intention of leaving Palace, unless that is taken out of his hands with finances etc...

ANDYEAGLE
30-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm guessing that it is Danns and Hill.

Apparently, if we stay up Darren Ambrose has no intention of leaving Palace, unless that is taken out of his hands with finances etc...

Danns is under contract to us. He cant sign a pre contract.
If I were to guess at another it would be Ertl who would cost Warnock not much in the way of wages.

DaveP
30-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Danns is under contract to us. He cant sign a pre contract.
If I were to guess at another it would be Ertl who would cost Warnock not much in the way of wages.

Good spot Andy, i missed the pre-contract bit.

Hill is definately one of them by the sounds of things, it could possibly be Derry, i have a feeling Ertl will end up staying with us. It could even be Butterfield, Warnock seemed to take a big liking to him in the end.

However, Neil Danns is nailed on to sign for QPR according to their forums.

IanH
30-04-2010, 12:28 PM
If my memory serves me right, Danns was the bloke that we bought from Birmingham when they were in the premiership and he couldn't get a game for them (so I guess we took him on a high salary) and he was out injured for the whole season. Nice work if you can get it. Still loyalty and today's footballers don't mix.

Beanie
30-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Brenda has always said that there is funding only until the end of the season - i.e. only days away.

This will no doubt be the begining of sales just to keep the club afloat until, with no saleable assets and no owner, there will be no club.
Not necessarily so. First question - when is the end of the season?Technically 31st May, so does not that mean BG has the cash to pay the May wages? If so that is a little more time - until the June wages are due - if not it will until the May wages are due. If CPFC2010 are really close to buying the club they may well agree to fund the club until the formalities are complete to ensure the squad is as intact as possible. If they aren't a firesale may serve little purpose and may not be possible, clubs will know that before the end of the summer the entire squad will be free agents (when their wages are 14 days late or when the club folds), so why buy them in May when they can get them free in July? It really does come down to the creditors meeting on 17th May, make or break unless BG has a secret bidder up his sleeve

Absolution
30-04-2010, 12:44 PM
The guys out of contract are one thing, the players under contract is another..

I can't see why a consortium would allow Brenda to sell anyone at this point. Danns is a big value to the club overall, that they are meant to be buying.

Shipp Ahoy!
30-04-2010, 12:45 PM
If my memory serves me right, Danns was the bloke that we bought from Birmingham when they were in the premiership and he couldn't get a game for them (so I guess we took him on a high salary) and he was out injured for the whole season. Nice work if you can get it. Still loyalty and today's footballers don't mix.

Excuse me?

He hasn't gone anywhere yet.

We are in administration and have to FORCE players out.

Danns already rejected a move away once.

He has probably bar the sending off been in the top three as POTY.

John Bostock/Wayne Routledge/Kevin Miller et al he is not.

eagle mart
30-04-2010, 12:48 PM
As far as I'm aware - am sure someone in the know will put me right. That fees have been agreed for Danns, Speroni & Ambrose. This is assuming that we have to sell players when the transfer window opens... Hill is joining them on a free.

Am sure though that should CPFC 2010 be taking over the club and funding it in the meantime that fees would have to be re-negotiated. (This is the bit i'm wondering about - this wouldnt be done without the nod of CPFC 2010, surely?)

I'm guessing QPR were just getting in there first, before anyone else does.

SE25Eagle
30-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Its all hearsay, if cpfc2010 do take us over (or anyone else) they might not want any of these players to go, if no one does come in the players will be sold for as much as the club can get, i.e the highest bidder, to keep us a float, so all this pre-contract shit is exactly that....SHIT.

Aaroncpfc
01-05-2010, 02:45 AM
I will never ever understand why Palace fans defend Warncock.

Since he joined us he has been praising QPR, he praised them for appointing Paulo Sousa with no managerial experience, only to criticise him when he had experience (and did a much better job) at Swansea City. All his comments of "it's not a question of if, it's a question of when QPR get promoted" as well, he eyed this job for some time. All of those that deny it are in denial.

Also taking the first job that came to him once we were in 'the shitter' says a lot about his character, i'm pretty convinced that 90% of members here wouldn't have left a club with the same unity that he spent developing for over two years. The blokes a complete prize tosser and I only ever wish bad on him.

That said I think all these rumours about him taking our players are tosh, how many ex-Sheffield United players joined Crystal Palace whilst being contracted to Sheffield United? Zero. He had the funds to sign some of them at one point but chose not to (Geary, Webber, Montgomery etc.). I honestly believe and hope so that he scrambles the little dignity that I think he has and decides not to poach any of our players.

philsick
01-05-2010, 07:52 AM
I will never ever understand why Palace fans defend Warncock.

Since he joined us he has been praising QPR, he praised them for appointing Paulo Sousa with no managerial experience, only to criticise him when he had experience (and did a much better job) at Swansea City. All his comments of "it's not a question of if, it's a question of when QPR get promoted" as well, he eyed this job for some time. All of those that deny it are in denial.

Also taking the first job that came to him once we were in 'the shitter' says a lot about his character, i'm pretty convinced that 90% of members here wouldn't have left a club with the same unity that he spent developing for over two years. The blokes a complete prize tosser and I only ever wish bad on him.

That said I think all these rumours about him taking our players are tosh, how many ex-Sheffield United players joined Crystal Palace whilst being contracted to Sheffield United? Zero. He had the funds to sign some of them at one point but chose not to (Geary, Webber, Montgomery etc.). I honestly believe and hope so that he scrambles the little dignity that I think he has and decides not to poach any of our players.

Spot on.He was going to them at the end of the season whatever happened at our club.Their spiral towards relegation meant it became more urgent.He should've ****ed off straight away before the swansea match and i'm certain we could've picked up some points in those games we lost during that period and we would be safe.His supporters only believe what they want to "guillfoyle forced him out " ect.He is also very unpopular with the majority of the squad now,so i wouldn't be expecting a mass exodus of players to qpr.Maybe just some like him,who haven't got a hope of money like that elswhere .

Jordan's Jacket
01-05-2010, 08:10 AM
I can't imagine that Warnock is massive draw for any players to be honest. He's not known for his success or coaching prowess, just a big mouth. That's how he will be remembered when he retires; a confrontational, unsuccessful big mouth

Sleeping Giant
03-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Danns is both a really decent goalscoring midfielder and a player I wouldn't want to lose but that said, the Sheffield Weds performance underlined my feeling that he and Ambrose in the same midfield doesn't offer the requisite balance for a really good side. Generally speaking, you have a recipe for success at this level, if you offer good midfield width on both sides with 2 protective "butcher's dogs" down the centre (even with limited footballing ability). That's in the centre of a 4-4-2, with big man/little man up top. If we lost him but were able to move closer to this template as a result, i'd not be too unhappy really.

dannyturner
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM
That's a really good post. I thought his suspension could work in our favour yesterday for the same reason.

GBG_Eagle
05-05-2010, 07:44 AM
He is also very unpopular with the majority of the squad now,so i wouldn't be expecting a mass exodus of players to qpr.

Do we really know that? I remember reading quotes from Speroni, saying that he would like to be working with Warnock again.

Absolution
05-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Do we really know that? I remember reading quotes from Speroni, saying that he would like to be working with Warnock again.
I seem to remember there was an article that suggested that. Although the actual quote was that he 'enjoyed his time while Warnock was manager'.

DaveP
05-05-2010, 08:02 AM
From people who claim to be 'in the know' on the QPR forums, apparently the Neil Danns transfer is now a no deal, imagine it's likely as we stayed up many of the so called 'done' deals to QPR will now not go ahead, that's if there were any deals in the first place!

It also looks like Neil Danns, Julian Speroni, and Darren Ambrose are all more than happy to stay at Palace unless told otherwise that they are not wanted at Palace.

EL JIMBO
05-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Lets hope so, they now have what we have.

NateEagle
05-05-2010, 08:07 AM
From people who claim to be 'in the know' on the QPR forums, apparently the Neil Danns transfer is now a no deal, imagine it's likely as we stayed up many of the so called 'done' deals to QPR will now not go ahead, that's if there were any deals in the first place!

It also looks like Neil Danns, Julian Speroni, and Darren Ambrose are all more than happy to stay at Palace unless told otherwise that they are not wanted at Palace.

How reliable are these ppl 'in the know'?? Brilliant news if true...3 of our 5 most important players right there!!!! :lux:

cockles
05-05-2010, 08:22 AM

I think if one of that group goes, they all will. Our current squad plus 2 or 3 quality additions has a good shout at the play-offs next season. They know what a good group they are if they keep together.

GBG_Eagle
05-05-2010, 08:57 AM
imagine it's likely as we stayed up many of the so called 'done' deals to QPR will now not go ahead, that's if there were any deals in the first place!

Which may explain the "Ambrose is an eagle!"-song in the dressing room after the Sheff Wed-match. :)

Beatleboy
05-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Which may explain the "Ambrose is an eagle!"-song in the dressing room after the Sheff Wed-match. :)

I bet any Charlton fans watching, loved that, as much as they must have enjoyed his crucial goal in that match!:D

Voldo
05-05-2010, 09:20 AM

I loved that - was so good to see the boys relaxed and having celebrations.

Back on topic - i imagine a lot of our team (or i hope rather) would like to stay as there is (possibly) quite an exciting future at Palace now....

Fingers crossed

JDawg
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM

Laksmi Mittal is the richest man in the UK by a long way and worth considerably more than Abramovich.

If QPR was anything other than a toy club to him, they would be after Frank Ribery not Neil Danns and Mohrino, not Warnock would be their manager.

Therefore QPR remain a joke club with a benefactor not prepared to commit fully.

Back in your box.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
05-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Laksmi Mittal is the richest man in the UK by a long way and worth considerably more than Abramovich.

If QPR was anything other than a toy club to him, they would be after Frank Ribery not Neil Danns and Mohrino, not Warnock would be their manager.

Therefore QPR remain a joke club with a benefactor not prepared to commit fully.

Back in your box.

Post of the day, absolutely spot on :p

Clapham Grand
15-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Warnock apparently confident he can get him

BulletEagle
15-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Link?

RDSdaEAGLE
15-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Link?

Clapham Grand doesn't need a link to substantiate what he says.

Neil Warnock can go **** himself.

How unimaginative does a manager have to be?

hamge
15-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Neil Warnock is poised to return to his old club Crystal Palace to sign Neil Danns in a 1.5million deal for Queens Park Rangers.
The 27-year-old was one of Palace’s few beacons of light in a otherwise dismal season that saw them just escape relegation and enter administration.
Warnock is keen to add his goalscoring ability to his midfield after he notched nine goals for Palace last term.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1274890/Neil-Warnock-lines-Neil-Danns-plots-raid-club-Crystal-Palace.html#ixzz0o1Sls4rh

philsick
15-05-2010, 06:10 PM
**** off warnock you utter tool.

The Gerry Queen
15-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Our friends in the Daily Mail again. What twats. I'm sure that Warnock is confident he can sign him but that doesn't mean that it will happen. If it did, as he has only a year to go 1.5m may not be a bad deal if the majority is up front. He cost us 600k so that's almost a million profit. Hope he stays though.

Shipp Ahoy!
15-05-2010, 06:14 PM
If the takever goes through (quickly please!) then we should be looking at the lines of over 2million for Neil. Much more than that and I think we should take it and replace with a player for half that, of course finding the right player for the money would be a point :)

RDSdaEAGLE
15-05-2010, 06:18 PM

cpfcben
15-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I dislike Neil.

Oh south london
15-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Would be a huge loss. Suppoes the longer we wait for the takeover the more things like this are going to happen.

jams1234
15-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Clapham, do you mean he is confident as per that newspaper article or is it something you have been told/know?

The Gerry Queen
15-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I dislike Neil.

Same Warnock. Just not here still. We heard a lot about him signing a lot of old Sheffield United players while he was with us. He had funds for quite a long time to do it but never once managed to sign an old Blade to play for us (thank God... Morgan, Webber, Tonge, Kuzlock ,Montgomery and others ) He still pissed nearly 2m on Carle and Lee though.
So I think that the lure to become a Warnock Hoop plus cash may not work for all his targets especially from next week when our new owners move in and tell him to get lost and fritter his Mittals cash somewhere else.

Ruskin Old Boy
15-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Our friends in the Daily Mail again. What twats. I'm sure that Warnock is confident he can sign him but that doesn't mean that it will happen. If it did, as he has only a year to go 1.5m may not be a bad deal if the majority is up front. He cost us 600k so that's almost a million profit. Hope he stays though.

The Daily Hate Mail, the newspaper that accused Nick Clegg of being a Nazi sympathiser. If it were a poster it would have a negative rep way beyond the most outrageous Clown/Tesco Bag/Millscum

cpfc4evandeva
15-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Clapham, do you mean he is confident as per that newspaper article or is it something you have been told/know?
Knowing Clapham, he would have heard something from an extremely reliable source.

Jolly Norwegian
15-05-2010, 07:28 PM
IF he leaves I'll certainly remember him for some great goals and excellent commitment. I see no reason why joining QPR would be a step anywhere but sideways, though. Except of course the advantage of being fairly confident of receiving your paycheck on time.

... until we're saved and secure...

Gooders
15-05-2010, 07:49 PM

Well of course he is - he knows what he earns and he knows roughly what we can afford, assuming our takeover even goes through. It's not rocket science.

congress
15-05-2010, 08:15 PM
In his independent column Warnock has said that he going to be presenting 606 next week. Could be interesting.

The Gerry Queen
15-05-2010, 08:52 PM
In his independent column Warnock has said that he going to be presenting 606 next week. Could be interesting.

That'll be fun. I can't wait :veryangry

orp pisshead1
15-05-2010, 09:35 PM
So I think that the lure to become a Warnock Hoop plus cash may not work for all his targets especially from next week when our new owners move in and tell him to get lost and fritter his Mittals cash somewhere else.

Thing is though if they are planning to run a very tight ship (quite right too)then they might be tempted at 1.5 mill, hopefully though he'll stay as hes a very good midfielder at this level.

cockles
15-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Thing is though if they are planning to run a very tight ship (quite right too)then they might be tempted at 1.5 mill, hopefully though he'll stay as hes a very good midfielder at this level.

I think most of us quietly think that. However, I can't a bid of that size coming in from anywhere with only 12 months to run on his deal. I'd be delighted if he stays, but everyone has their price.

Hopefully Carle gets in and has a good World Cup and we get a decent bid for him from someone. If so we could hang on to Dannzy & probably more importantly Ambrose.

ANDYEAGLE
15-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I think most of us quietly think that. However, I can't a bid of that size coming in from anywhere with only 12 months to run on his deal. I'd be delighted if he stays, but everyone has their price.

Hopefully Carle gets in and has a good World Cup and we get a decent bid for him from someone. If so we could hang on to Dannzy & probably more importantly Ambrose.

The problem for us now is that Ambrose,Danns,Speroni and the likes of Paddy will be into the last year of their contracts. The only way we could stop their value going down is to offer them all new longer contracts hopefully when the take over goes through. Can you see us doing that when they are on 8-10k a week? I am resigned to losing at least Danns even if the takeover goes through before we are forced to sell.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
16-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Whilst it's possible that we may lose some of our best players during all the uncertainty of the coming months, I think the Warnock/QPR links are somewhat of a red herring, and due to lazy journalists putting 2 and 2 together.

I'm sure our players (and possibly Warnock himself) are quite aware that, 2 months into next season, if QPR aren't well on the way to a Champions League place in the Premiership (where of course they belong), Warnock will be sacked anyway, leaving our players at a tin pot subbutteo club without their talismanic hero leading the charge.

Jason
16-05-2010, 09:19 AM
The problem for us now is that Ambrose,Danns,Speroni and the likes of Paddy will be into the last year of their contracts. The only way we could stop their value going down is to offer them all new longer contracts hopefully when the take over goes through. Can you see us doing that when they are on 8-10k a week? I am resigned to losing at least Danns even if the takeover goes through before we are forced to sell.

Yep. We have to accept that our squad is unnaffordable longer term, and that we have to sugnificantly reduce the wage bill if we are to avoid being right back where we started a few years down the line. The balance to be struck is in getting the wage bill down quickly ebough, while being able to maintain our championship place in the meantime.

The other factor of course, is the effect that selling those players will have on the takeover. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by some of the figures mentioned in transfer threads. 1.5m for Danns, and 1m each for Speroni and Ambrose are not bad fees under the circumstances, and 3.5m coming into the club could have a major impact on the ability of CPFC 2010 to complete the takeover.

Personally, I'm just hoping to have a club to support next season, and am becoming increasingly optimistic that this hope will be met. I'm sure that that the new owners / management will then put out the best team that they can afford and assemble given our circumstances. I look forward to supporting that team, even if it is of a lower "quality" than we have been used to in recent years

Brod
16-05-2010, 10:00 AM
1.5m with a year left on his contract? Unless he extends and takes a pay cut, I'd say grab it.

I really don't think it's possible to pay anyone 7/8k a week in this division anymore. And to be honest, I'd rather the new consortium don't either. Lee, Ambrose, Danns, Speroni - I don't think we can afford to keep any of them if we're offered a half-decent fee. If that means hoping for mid-table obscurity while watching relegation scraps, so be it.

The Gerry Queen
16-05-2010, 10:10 AM
1.5m with a year left on his contract? Unless he extends and takes a pay cut, I'd say grab it.

I really don't think it's possible to pay anyone 7/8k a week in this division anymore. And to be honest, I'd rather the new consortium don't either. Lee, Ambrose, Danns, Speroni - I don't think we can afford to keep any of them if we're offered a half-decent fee. If that means hoping for mid-table obscurity while watching relegation scraps, so be it.

Blackpool have an 'economy' squad and they havn't done done badly. The real key to this is appointing a good manager who can get the most out of the team and play good football. O'Driscoll, Atkins, Holloway, Robbins and others have shown what you can do with gates of less than 10k and squads without big wage bills. We can do well on this league with a lot less than Warnock thought he needed and he was at his best when we had no money to spend.

Brod
16-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, good manager and a good scouting network. That's the sort of investment Palace need.

Not blowing 3m plus wages on one striker.

Clapham Grand
16-05-2010, 10:03 PM

the latter - didn't know there was an article about it

jams1234
17-05-2010, 05:57 AM
That is unfortunate. Hopefully Warnock doesn't know how close the takeover is!(straws, clutching, at)

Justin
17-05-2010, 07:08 AM
At a home game near the end of the season Danns and another player apparently exchanged a few punches in the dressing room at half time. Danns had told this player he had to work harder and so he replied - at least I havent already agreed to join Warnock at QPR.

philsick
17-05-2010, 07:28 AM
At a home game near the end of the season Danns and another player apparently exchanged a few punches in the dressing room at half time. Danns had told this player he had to work harder and so he replied - at least I havent already agreed to join Warnock at QPR.

I heard about this.It was verbal, not punches and it was "at least i'm not ******* off at the end of the season". After cardiff at home.

Justin
17-05-2010, 07:43 AM
I heard about this.It was verbal, not punches and it was "at least i'm not ******* off at the end of the season". After cardiff at home.

Fair enough.

I was told about this shortly after Leicester at home though, havent heard anything about the Cardiff one.

the digger
17-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Would CPFC2010 be hoping to hold on to as many players as possible until after a CVA is reached so the funds raised go towards the future of the club, rather than the past?

philsick
17-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Fair enough.

I was told about this shortly after Leicester at home though, havent heard anything about the Cardiff one.

I thought the leicester punch up was claude davis after his sending off,but i may be wrong,it was second hand gossip.

sydnsteve
17-05-2010, 10:06 AM
No way would we get 1.5 million for Danns with a year left. Nor would NW be sanctioned to spend it. Forget all this rich club crap, they've spent bugger all and will continue to do so.

gold76
17-05-2010, 01:29 PM
No way would we get 1.5 million for Danns with a year left. Nor would NW be sanctioned to spend it. Forget all this rich club crap, they've spent bugger all and will continue to do so.

Agreed, with a year left I'd be surprised if the offer is over 1 million.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be very grateful to our prospective new owners if they come in & rescue the club over the next few weeks, but losing Speroni, Danns & Ambrose, would be a major blow to the squads chances.

jams1234
17-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Seeing as CPFC2010 have agreed to fund the club from now onwards, it should mean we don't have to accept derisory offers, like we did for Moses.

E_girl
17-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Danns said to us "there will be many more good times" at POTY. Hoped that meant he wasn't off-ski.

Oh south london
17-05-2010, 05:05 PM
1.5 million for Danns with a year left on his contract financial problems or not is a great deal. How sure are we that he is going to sign a new contract?

He does however seem like a player who is genuinly enjoying his time at Palace.

Darthvader
17-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I met Neil Danns at the pub after the QPR game. It was great of him to go there. He seemed to be enjoying his time at Palace and was passionate about the team. It would be a shame if he went but what we gonna do, we need the money I suppose.

Darthvader
17-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I met Danns in the pub after the QPR game. He seemed quite passionate about Palace. Players come & go but the colours stay the same. Lets just get as much money as we can out of it...