PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace chasing Bolton striker Ward

cpfcfan1
20-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Bolton Wanderers striker Danny Ward is interesting Crystal Palace.

The People says Palace will move for the youngster as soon as they emerge from administration.

Ward has been on loan at Swindon and Palace fancy him on a similar basis next season. Bolton chief Owen Coyle has made it clear he sees a long-term future for the 19-yearold at Wanderers.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/crystal-palace-chasing-bolton-striker-ward-783831

DaveP
20-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Bit hard when we don't even know if we will still have our club next season, latter what manager we will have in charge to be scouting these type of players!

AJ
20-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Honestly, where do Tribalfootball come up with this shit?

FORZA SELHURST
20-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Honestly, where do Tribalfootball come up with this shit?

'The People', which tells you all you need to know.

FraserH
20-04-2010, 02:45 PM
why do people even bother reading tribalfootball? it is the worst football site there is.

m355y
20-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Ward is fantastic - along with Tom Cairney one of the potentially top class youngsters Kevin Blackwell decided in his wisdom to release at 16/17. Striker/left midfielder - James Milner type - short, stocky, strong, not the fastest but bags of ability. From what I remember and what I've seen of him at Swindon. Will be a big premiership star if he keeps developing like that. Wouldn't be surprised to see him do very well on loan at a CCC club or break into Bolton's side quite soon. Wish we still had him.

Woosie
20-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Ward is fantastic - along with Tom Cairney one of the potentially top class youngsters Kevin Blackwell decided in his wisdom to release at 16/17. Striker/left midfielder - James Milner type - short, stocky, strong, not the fastest but bags of ability. From what I remember and what I've seen of him at Swindon. Will be a big premiership star if he keeps developing like that. Wouldn't be surprised to see him do very well on loan at a CCC club or break into Bolton's side quite soon. Wish we still had him.

Your academy has taken a bit if a battering, but in recent years you seem to have brought through a fair few good players. I particularly rate Jonny Howson, think he's a good player.

Never heard of this Ward guy, not that it matters because I reckon it's probably just complete fabrication. Tribalfootball isn't exactly the best site in the worl for footballing info. Does anyone know anything about imscouting i think it is, because the BBC have suddenley put stories from them in their gossip collumn.

m_reid
22-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Bolton boss Coyle warns Palace off Ward

Bolton Wanderers boss Owen Coyle is reluctant to give up young striker Danny Ward.

Ward is currently on loan at League One Swindon Town.

Crystal Palace were said to be preparing to take the 19-year-old to Selhurst Park on loan next season, once they come out of administration.

But Coyle has been impressed with the reports he has had back from the County Ground, and wants to take a closer look at him in the summer before deciding whether to send him out for further experience.

“Danny has done terrifically well at Swindon and again it’s only speculation about Crystal Palace,” he told the Bolton News.

“He will be back with us for pre-season and I look forward to working with him.”

Hmm where does he warn us off??

The Omen
22-04-2010, 08:23 AM
“Danny has done terrifically well at Swindon and again it’s only speculation about Crystal Palace,” he told the Bolton News.

“He will be back with us for pre-season and I look forward to working with him.”

Hmm where does he warn us off??

Depends how he said it I guess. Larger text in bold suggesting where he gets irate and starts shouting and over emphasising the words ;)

“Danny has done TERRIFICALLY WELL at Swindon and AGAIN it’s ONLY speculation about Crystal Palace,” he told the Bolton News.

“He WILL be back with US for pre-season and I look forward to working with him.”

hughff
22-04-2010, 08:47 AM
If I remember... Who am I kidding, I remember damn well that last time we were skint we had a couple of gems, notably one A Cole, on loan. I'd be happy to look at these sorts of players rather than overpriced old pros.

The one caveat I'd put on that is that we do have a fair few promising lads in our own academy that I'd like to see pushing for first team duties.

Chris K
22-04-2010, 09:41 AM
So despite...

- Having no owners
- A manager that is reportedly is off to Spurs as a youth coach
- Having no money
- No idea of which division we'll be in next year
- No idea of whether any backroom staff will be around if/when we get a new owner

we're looking at players we'll be signing? Righto

TONBRIDGE EAGLE
22-04-2010, 09:47 AM
We have been playing 5 trialists in the reserves recently,so someone is making plans for next season!

Neckinger Eagle
22-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I wonder if the guy reporting this has got confused with what just happened on his Championship Manager game?

mjw
22-04-2010, 11:01 AM
We have been playing 5 trialists in the reserves recently,so someone is making plans for next season!

Exactly.

Neillo's Son
22-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Exactly.

Dougie perhaps? Not that I take anything seriously regarding incoming transfers right now.

cpfck1llz
25-04-2010, 04:04 PM
absolute bolox

GodstoneEagle
16-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Scored in the playoffs for Swindon. It's clear that someone is calling the shots behind the scenes (contract renewals, Morrison etc) and the guy is looking handy.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
16-05-2010, 01:16 PM
That was a lovely goal he scored.

It would be nice to get hold of another young striker and send him back to his club in a state of nervous depression.

jams1234
16-05-2010, 01:33 PM
What do you mean Morrison?