PDA

View Full Version : Who's out of contract?

glaziers fan
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Butterfield
Derry
Hill
Lawrence
Andrew

Anyone else?

cpfcfan1
02-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Ertl also I believe

FraserH
02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
we need to keep as many of this bunch of players togther as possible. the heart and desire they all showed today was outstanding.

Ant1982
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I thought it was just Derry, Butts, Hill and John.

917L
02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Derry, Hill, John, Ertl

Not sure about Butterfield and Andrew

glaziers fan
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Butterfield
Hill
Lawrence
Derry
Ertl
Andrew
John

That's half the team!

David of Kent
02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Flahavan, Lawrence, Butterfield, Hills, Hill, Derry, Ertl, Djilali, Cadogan, Andrew and John out of contract

Speroni, McCarthy, Davis, Clyne, Danns, Carle, N'Diaye, Ambrose, Scannell and Lee all have at least a year left

West Kent Eagle
02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Butterfield
Hill
Lawrence
Derry
Ertl
Andrew
John

That's half the team!

Looking on the positive side of that list, none of those are players that we would be getting money for i.e. Speroni, Ambrose etc. Also John was unlikely to stay with us past the end of this season surely? And then surely players like Derry, Ertl and Hill will want to be resigning now that we are staying up. All depends on how soon a takeover happens I suppose.

Aaroncpfc
02-05-2010, 03:01 PM
If that's true hopefully deals can be sorted out for Lawrence, Butterfield, Hills, Hill, Derry, Ertl, Dijiali, Cadogan and Andrew.

Stern John i'm not to bothered about, I think a move to the USA is in order for him now, he did seem like a big part of the locker room in the celebrations mind you.
If what was said about Flahavan refusing to play without money he can go and **** himself.

glaziers fan
02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
what will happen with lee hills now he's injured?

Of the rest of that list, the 2 crucial players to keep are Andrew and Ertl. It's time to usher in a new era here at Palace. We need to rebuild for promotion.

prizesucker
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Hills, Djilali, Cadogan and Ertl are must keep.

If you believe the meedya - Hill is going to QPR, Derry to Barnsley, John will find another club, MLS was rumoured. Andrew wont be on too big a wage but doesnt score enough goals.

Butterfield can **** off in my opinion

Ultimately it is now down to 2010 to take over, then employ a management team they want and then that team choose which players they want to keep/sign

spt1978
02-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Now its sunk in and this is going to sound harsh. But it all depends on who earns what. Even if we are taken over we cannot carry that many old players on high wages.

Aaroncpfc
02-05-2010, 06:09 PM
what will happen with lee hills now he's injured?

Of the rest of that list, the 2 crucial players to keep are Andrew and Ertl. It's time to usher in a new era here at Palace. We need to rebuild for promotion.

I disagree, there's a stong unity and a good mentality amongst this squad. If a new owner comes in with the money to invest 2 or 3 new additions that are good enough to make a big impact (doesn't have to be an ambrose-sized impact) I think we're capable of making the playoffs.

Jim Cannon
02-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Butterfield
Hill
Lawrence
Derry
Ertl
Andrew
John

That's half the team!

Our biggest problem is without new owners we can't even be signing free transfer players. None of the above are irreplaceable but we will miss out on all the best freebies so whoever takes over will have to find some money or we are big trouble next season

Shoreditch CPFC
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
We are hopefully entering an era of trying to balance the books, so with that in mind let them all go except ertl and andrew who are improving and on reasonable wages.

glaziers fan
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
We are hopefully entering an era of trying to balance the books, so with that in mind let them all go except ertl and andrew who are improving and on reasonable wages.

I'd agree with that. Derry, Butts et al are solid pros but not up to getting us promoted and we should be looking to do just that with the likes of Lee, Ambrose, Danns, McCarthy and Speroni who are very good championship players.

Shipp Ahoy!
02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Right now we need the takeover to go through obviously, once that happens we can think about next season :)

Dal
02-05-2010, 09:41 PM

Harsh.

<_tece_>
02-05-2010, 10:00 PM

This opinion is poop!

Cleon
03-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Flahavan, Lawrence, Butterfield, Hills, Hill, Derry, Ertl, Djilali, Cadogan, Andrew and John out of contract

Speroni, McCarthy, Davis, Clyne, Danns, Carle, N'Diaye, Ambrose, Scannell and Lee all have at least a year left

Derry & Ertl are the two players from that list that we should definitely be trying to keep.

Flangevan - see ya'!
Lawrence - he stood up to be counted when called upon this season, and I wish him all the best. However, he's older than both Dougie Freedman and I am and unless he wants to hang around on virtually no wages as a utility player, then I would anticipate this being a good time to retire on a high-point.
Butterfield - a player who has been a fantastic servant to the club, and has done very well this season. But whilst he might have a future in the lower leagues, I think his time at Palace is done - the future is Clyne.
Hills - a one-year extension should be offered given his injury and age.
Hill - if he'd accept a one-year extension on reasonable wages then I'd re-sign him. But I imagine QPR can offer better terms, and I expect him to move on. Another player who has had a fine Palace career.
Derry - has been outstanding this season. Not always as a player, but as a leader and a captain there can be few better at this level. I'm not sure we can find anybody better out there on a free, so I would certainly look to offer him a new contract.
Ertl - another player who has stood up to be counted. His age, his ability to play in several positions and his general attitude all stand him out as somebody we should be looking to offer a new contract to.
Djilali & Cadogan - the jury is out as far as I am concerned as I'm not sure how we can judge them as we haven't seen enough of either. We may need to rely on these type of players next season if we are not in a position to make any significant signings.
John - see ya'!
Andrew - he is a good young striker who doesn't score goals! I think the question will be whether or not we think we can pick up a better striker elsewhere. If we don't know the answer that that question, we can't work out whether Andrew or Palace would be better served by staying at Palace.

There will be a lot of players from a lot of clubs who will be out of contract this summer. We just need to make sure we have an owner and a manager to be able to take advantage and prepare for next season.

GUCCI Eagle
03-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Andrew is leaving to join the British Olympic Tae Kwando Team. Good luck in 2012 Calvin.

Will S
03-05-2010, 07:55 AM
We've got our hands full. I think, even assuming a successful takeover goes through, our problems have just begun. We’re going to lose an awful lot of players – right now, we have no manager, no management team, no owner and no money to offer new contracts. Even if CPFC 2010 agree a deal tomorrow, it will be a fair old time before they’re in a position to appoint a manager. Whoever comes in will then have to wheel and deal very quickly to assemble a squad that can be competitive next year – I’m assuming he’ll have some money, but not a huge amount. The chances of a team thrown together before Sept 1st by a manager who’s had little chance to plan, having a successful season would be slim. I’d settle very happily for finishing in the same place next year and calling it consolidation. As for how many of the current squad will be involved... I wouldn't get too attached.

Halfwayline
03-05-2010, 07:58 AM
It all depends what each player is willing to accept as a salary. How much a replacement would want to get paid and how much we need to trim the wage bill.

Apart from John and Flahaven I would keep all the rest if they wanted to stay and would be willing to drop or keep salaries to a reasonable "value for money" size.

I am sure most would prefer to stay rather then earning a "little more" elsewhere and having to move house, changing schools and establish themselves in a new team with new management etc.

Of course QPR in these respects would be an attractive option.

macstar
03-05-2010, 08:24 AM
If that's true hopefully deals can be sorted out for Lawrence, Butterfield, Hills, Hill, Derry, Ertl, Dijiali, Cadogan and Andrew.

Stern John i'm not to bothered about, I think a move to the USA is in order for him now, he did seem like a big part of the locker room in the celebrations mind you.
If what was said about Flahavan refusing to play without money he can go and **** himself.

ASSUMING we will beable to bring ina couple of players next year....including free transfers, im afraid i'd put sentiment aside and say "thank you and good bye" to Hill (hes off anyway...alledgedly), Lawrence and Andrew.

Still like Danny B, although he is a liability at times....but as seen earlier in the season, the 'experiment' to play him ahead of the midfield worked a treat. he can play a bit....but not at right back anymore. he gets skinned week in and week out.

whereEaglesFly
03-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Keep all apart from John and Lawrence.
Also we are going to need to sign a goalkeeper. As back up or replacement for speroni any ideas?

Santos-er
03-05-2010, 08:41 AM
We've got our hands full. I think, even assuming a successful takeover goes through, our problems have just begun. Were going to lose an awful lot of players right now, we have no manager, no management team, no owner and no money to offer new contracts. Even if CPFC 2010 agree a deal tomorrow, it will be a fair old time before theyre in a position to appoint a manager. Whoever comes in will then have to wheel and deal very quickly to assemble a squad that can be competitive next year Im assuming hell have some money, but not a huge amount. The chances of a team thrown together before Sept 1st by a manager whos had little chance to plan, having a successful season would be slim. Id settle very happily for finishing in the same place next year and calling it consolidation. As for how many of the current squad will be involved... I wouldn't get too attached.

Spot on.

I would think the agents of the OOC players will have done deals already, if they are wanted by other clubs. I doubt many (if any) of those players will stay at Palace and if they do it'll be because no one wants them!

Santos-er
03-05-2010, 08:44 AM

Out of that list, I'd guess at Lawrence, Andrew and maybe Cadogan/Djilali will stay if we want/can afford them.

Will S
03-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Spot on.

I would think the agents of the OOC players will have done deals already, if they are wanted by other clubs. I doubt many (if any) of those players will stay at Palace and if they do it'll be because no one wants them!

One shouldn't forget the glorious new dawn that greeted our last exit from Administration...

Jason
03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
One shouldn't forget the glorious new dawn that greeted our last exit from Administration...

Exactly. The reality is that assuming the takeover goes through, success for the next 2-3 seasons (at least) is staying in this League. The new owners are likely to be people looking to run a tight, sustainable ship, as they should. Completion of the takeover is likely to be a good few weeks away yet, meaning the loss of some our better players to keep the ship afloat. As the above post implies, the first season coming out of admin is often a nightmare, and we need to be prepared for that, and to maintain the excellent support of the last few Months through this.

Looking at the out of contract players, we need to be looking at who has a role to play in the context of survival in this league (I think anyone harbouring even the remotest thoughts of promotion / playoffs is in for a big dissappointment). In that context, I think that Ertl is probably the key man to keep. In terms of age, wages, and ability, he's probably just the sort of player we need.

Andrew, Butts, Derry and Hill would all have a role to play too, but it would need to be at sustainable wages, which may (with the exception of Andrew) be quite a bit less than they are currently on. As such, we are likely to lose some of this group. Indeed, if the rumours are to be believed, Hill and Derry have as good as sorted moves already.

Flahavan and John are definite "outs" imho, as is Lawrence, unless some kind of dual player coach role can be sorted out on relatively very ow wages. He seems to have the intelligence to make a good coach, and a role where we give him a first step onto this route while keeping him as a backup player may suit all parties.

Panther
03-05-2010, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Jason]Exactly. The reality is that assuming the takeover goes through, success for the next 2-3 seasons (at least) is staying in this League. The new owners are likely to be people looking to run a tight, sustainable ship, as they should. Completion of the takeover is likely to be a good few weeks away yet, meaning the loss of some our better players to keep the ship afloat. As the above post implies, the first season coming out of admin is often a nightmare, and we need to be prepared for that, and to maintain the excellent support of the last few Months through this./QUOTE]

Well said.

Will S
03-05-2010, 10:01 AM
The out of contract players, in fairness *don't have a choice* about moving on - there's no-one to offer them a contract at the moment. I'm more worried about the spine of the team - players under contract, who'd probably stay in ordinary cricumstances, such as; McCarthy, Davis, Ambrose and Lee. Then there's youngsters with real potential like N'Diaye, Scannell, Djilali...all now vulnerable to lowish bids from elsewhere.
Somebody - whether it's a Guilfoyle (and why should he?) or a Phil Alexander - or even a Steve Parish (because it would tell us a lot) needs to get a grip of this and make some effort to protect the future, albeit in a pretty limited way. Otherwise next season could be a very horrible joke...

Always assuming the club's still here next season of course.

Jason
03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
The out of contract players, in fairness *don't have a choice* about moving on - there's no-one to offer them a contract at the moment. I'm more worried about the spine of the team - players under contract, who'd probably stay in ordinary cricumstances, such as; McCarthy, Davis, Ambrose and Lee. Then there's youngsters with real potential like N'Diaye, Scannell, Djilali...all now vulnerable to lowish bids from elsewhere.
Somebody - whether it's a Guilfoyle (and why should he?) or a Phil Alexander - or even a Steve Parish (because it would tell us a lot) needs to get a grip of this and make some effort to protect the future, albeit in a pretty limited way. Otherwise next season could be a very horrible joke...

Always assuming the club's still here next season of course.

All true. My reluctant take on this though is that much of that under contract "spine" probably has to go. Players like Ambrose, Lee and Danns probably need to be sold for three reasons. Firstly, the club needs income through the summer. Secondly, the sales potentially put money back to Agilo, which makes the takeover easier. Thirdly, its questionable whether the wages of some of those players is affordable in the long term anyway (after all, we are in this position at least in part because we have spent beyond our means).

I can live with Speroni, Ambrose, Danns etc. being sold to help the club balance the books and survive. I agree however in that it would be good to see the consortium avoid selling the likes of Scannell, N'Diaye etc. for low fees. Those players will be crucial next season, and if we lose them for peanuts, the fees and wages of replacements will cost a lot more in the long run (both financialy and in terms of the spirit of the club).

Shipp Ahoy!
03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Hill is already off.

I'd let John, Lawrence and Flahavan go.

Heavily dependent on cheap contracts 1 year extension to Derry, Hills and Andrew.

Definite new contracts to Ertl, Djilali, Cadogan and Butterfield (on the right deal).

rhynoeagle
03-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I think Hill is a goner. I'd love him to stay but hes off i think. John doesnt hang around at many clubs so he'll be off. And we have a really strong decent youngster back up keeper in charlie mann so flahavan will be off.

Imagen the feeling if we get taken over of being linked with players for money again !!! :D

Oh south london
03-05-2010, 03:09 PM
We can't do anything until any takeover has happened which is annoying. Would like to keep John if on cheap wages although yesterday he should have finished the game off. He played really well at Derby and is a good impact sub. Depends on how many luxury players, if any, we are able to afford for next season.

herts_palace
04-05-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd agree with that. Derry, Butts et al are solid pros but not up to getting us promoted and we should be looking to do just that with the likes of Lee, Ambrose, Danns, McCarthy and Speroni who are very good championship players.

Promotion thoughts is just pie in the sky - we should dismiss those thoughts instantly, even if we get a successful takeover next season will be very difficult and will be about survival in this division. We should keep any players that are not too expensive that will help us in that task. We should probably keep Butts because he is adaptable and we may lose Clyne.

I suspect there could be other clubs in Admin in the championship next season. If we keep it sensible that might just work in our favour.

herts_palace
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
We can't do anything until any takeover has happened which is annoying. Would like to keep John if on cheap wages although yesterday he should have finished the game off. He played really well at Derby and is a good impact sub. Depends on how many luxury players, if any, we are able to afford for next season.

I wouldn't be too unhappy to lose him because although he holds the ball up well and uses it effectively he is not a great team player as showed by the way he didn't put Ambrose in for a tap in and lost Purse for their 2nd goal.

etu
04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
I know a lot depends on the takeover, how much money they think sensible to put in the wage budget and so on - but our squad is tiny as it is and where possible I think we should avoid losing players particularly as I doubt there'll be too much money to sign new ones.

The only two I wouldn't talk to are Flahavan and John. The rest I'd see if they're interested, even though it seems likely quite a few aren't.

I'd also be unhappy to see too many of the quality players go. I mean, yes there are financial imperatives, but I feel this squad is short of quality as it is and losing the likes of Ambrose and Speroni could put survival very much at risk. We'll have to see what happens though.

David of Kent
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
When the new owners are in (fingers crossed), I would like to see -

Derry & Butterfield rewarded with rolling 1 year deals on decent money.

Johnny Ertl and Lee Hills given 2 year deals. Lee as he will be out for most of next season and I don't want a repeat of him coming up for contract expiry again almost as soon as he's fit again.

Clint (if he wants to go back up north), John, Flahavan, Lawrence and Wright I would not offer new deals too.

Cadogan, Djilali, Andrew I would offer 1 year deals too. I feel all "could" show us more and be valuable next season.

And Speroni, McCarthy, Danns, Ambrose, Lee I would try to negotiate contracts extending them from 2011 to 2012 for each. They're the spine of the team and I want to secure them all for the forseeable future.

Oh and lastly just see if I could get 150k for Carle.

I make that we would need through loans/free transfers maybe some small cash.........a back up keeper, a left back, a centre back, holding passing midfielder, left midfielder and a centre forward then. Six players in total and I think we would then be at least comfortable next season god willing with injuries.

laggin
04-05-2010, 02:35 PM

pathetic. He has given 8years loyal service. Ok he isnt the player he was but still gives his all wherever he asked to play and you can see how much the club means to him especialy after the game sunday

The Omen
04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
How anyone could tell Butterfield to **** off is beyond me!

Been a fantastic player for Palace over the years and deserves a lot more respect than that.

marshybha
21-05-2010, 02:38 PM
I disagree, there's a stong unity and a good mentality amongst this squad. If a new owner comes in with the money to invest 2 or 3 new additions that are good enough to make a big impact (doesn't have to be an ambrose-sized impact) I think we're capable of making the playoffs.

absolutely clueless, anyone you have on more than 5k a week you should be looking to ship out in your state i would suggest.