PDA

View Full Version : Clint Hill has left CPFC (confirmed by Burley)

Pages : [1] 2

DaveP
06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Vital QPR has learned that Clint Hill has agreed to sign for Queens Park Rangers from cash-strapped Crystal Palace.

Rumours have rumbled on for a while regarding the former Stoke City defender but now the defender has officially agreed to join QPR.

The combative player that can feature at both full-back and centre-back was a firm favourite at Selhurst Park under Warnock and was a key player as they retained their Championship status this season.

With the players learning their futures yesterday after meeting with Neil Warnock, Hill proves to be the first inclusion for the coming campaign.

Read more: http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=197775#ixzz0n8VohxSc

EagleSE24
06-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Boo. Good luck if true Clint. Would be more than happy if he stayed though.

The Gerry Queen
06-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Pity if he has but I don't begrudge him for putting his family first. Unlike Warnock he stayed to see us through to safety and for that we should always be thankful.

On the playing side, it's time for Lee Hills to claim the number three shirt once he has recovered from his nasty injury. Lee could be a Palace regular for a good while to come.

kolinkins
06-05-2010, 08:44 AM
If he goes, he goes with my best wishes. The level down from a legend, did an excellent job over nearly 3 seasons. The type people will miss when he isnt in our starting XI.

Latvian Eagle
06-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Unlike Warnock he stayed to see us through to safety and for that we should always be thankful.

:confused: I don't think he really had a choice... We had no offers for him in January and he couldn't really leave after the Transfer window closed.

Jordan's Jacket
06-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Good luck to him. The raping has begun

zuper zalace
06-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Pity if he has but I don't begrudge him for putting his family first. Unlike Warnock he stayed to see us through to safety and for that we should always be thankful.

On the playing side, it's time for Lee Hills to claim the number three shirt once he has recovered from his nasty injury. Lee could be a Palace regular for a good while to come.

Good luck Clint if true.

Hills is nowhere near ready for first team football, he'd be better to go out on loan down a division as he is not good enough for this league.

Some of his performances were woeful and proved he needs more time to develop. (away from palace)

Twin of Droy
06-05-2010, 08:51 AM
I have loved watching him throwing himself into tackles for the cause.

An aging Clint will struggle in the Championship at LB or CB and I wouldn't mind him lining up against us next season

Baldy
06-05-2010, 08:52 AM
And why exactly is this 'official' ?

Some third rate rumour website.

:S: :S: :S:

Jason
06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Good luck Clint. Did a great job for us, and played a vital role in us staying in the CCC this season (perhaps saving the club in the process). You've now made the move that you feel is best for you and your family, and no Palace fan should begrudge you that after the shift you put in for us

FraserH
06-05-2010, 08:54 AM
yes becuase QPR is a lot closer to his beloved chester and it must help with his and his wifes homesickness.

nothing against him tbh and good luck. hopefully hills can develop into a much better player.

its time to bend over and take it like a man, the squad rapage has begun

Voldo
06-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Warnock said he is looking for centre halves...

Hill will command that role better with his lack of pace.

Good Luck Clint, gave it 110% to the very end.

mushroom
06-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Some people will only realise whay he brings to the team, once he leaves.

Shipsisourking
06-05-2010, 09:00 AM
dont go to them clint!

Good luck anyway, you will be missed.

MasterYoda
06-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Good luck to him if true.

Sounds like he's gone and done a Dowie with a his move north. Frankly I'd be quite happy with Clyne getting more of a look in - he's always looked decent when played on the left and for his own career a period where he's forced to improve his left foot can only benefit him before he gets his big move.

palacemaniac
06-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Good luck Clint

thefox
06-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Good luck to him if he goes.

The positives are that joke clubs owners aren't spending big money like the fans thought they would.

silverymoon
06-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Good Luck to you Clint. Always gave 100%.

Has Dowie advised you how to locate back up north ?

cpfcben
06-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Homesick!!! What a joke. Anyone but qpr is motto.

Eagle Eye Ollie
06-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Will wait til i hear official confirmation on this. If he does leave us in the summer he will be hard to replace, no doubt about that. Physically and mentally strong defenders like Clint don't come along very often in the Championship

Boyandy
06-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I won't begrudge him a move, although I find it an odd choice by Warnock. Always gives 100% but made quite a few costly errors this season. Were we in a more financially sound position he'd be one of the players I'd be looking to replace.

Still, good luck to him. Good servant to the club.

Stavros 69
Best of luck Clint.
But lets face it, you're getting old now and will be past it soon enough.
Thanks for those great crunching tackles over the years. Much better than Leon Cort.

sydnsteve
We don't know if it is true. He will be missed, but his attacking was non existent. Hills has actually looked much improved in the last few games. Was out of contract so likely to go anyway. Bit surprised that QPR aren't looking for better.

GBG_Eagle
06-05-2010, 09:28 AM
He will be missed, but he is no way irreplacable. He has character, but itīs not like there are other players out there with his football skills. A loss, but we donīt really need tons of money to replace him, just a good manager and some time.

cpfcben
06-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Let's wait for confirmation.

Benny B Block
06-05-2010, 09:32 AM
A QPR mate of mine heard this last week and texted me to find out what I thought of him. He hoped that he wasn't slow, which made me smile.

It's hardly that trip up north he obviously was craving.

Good luck Clint, all the best, and thanks for the passion.

adrenalin john
06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
He aint gone yet.

But if he does go I will be gutted. Just the sort of player you need to keep you up, and I would love to see him stay on for one more year at least as centre back cover and to give time for Hills to take over as left back.

However if he can get a mega 3 year retirement deal out of QPR then I wish him the very very best of luck

selhurstparkflyer
06-05-2010, 09:46 AM
This is just the start and it's going to be a horrible summer, I feel.

wedgetail
06-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I will thank him for the last two and a half years but It is time for him to move on as courage alone is not enough to make a footballer and he has too many weaknesses in his all round play.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Fantastic for us this season. Maybe not always as a football player but in terms of passion, drive, commitment and keeping the squad together - he has been a key player.

In administration players like him have been in their element. If he moves on now, fair enough. Shame - but so glad he was still here for the season.

kolinkins
06-05-2010, 09:54 AM
The more I hear/think about the last few games of the season, the more I understand that but for Hill, Derry or Lawrence, we would have gone down.

Nelson Muntz
06-05-2010, 09:55 AM
And why exactly is this 'official' ?

Some third rate rumour website.

:S: :S: :S:

Have to agree with Mr Baldy.

I've had a few short chats with Clint and he's hinted that he's going to return North.

Nofishtoday
06-05-2010, 10:01 AM
The more I hear/think about the last few games of the season, the more I understand that but for Hill, Derry or Lawrence, we would have gone down.

Agreed. Speroni too.

Thanks Clint for you 100% committment to the cause.

ANDYEAGLE
06-05-2010, 10:01 AM

No. As long as the take over goes through after jast Sunday it will be a great summer. We know we have to cut our wage bill,more players will go and players will come in from the youth team and on free transfers.
Clint has done a good job for us and good luck to him if he goes to QPR.

He is probably earning 8k a week here and there is no way we can afford that.
Only the likes of QPR would pay him that in this leaque.

SW11 Andy
06-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Agreed. Speroni too.

Clive Allen as well

Ryan_the_eagle
06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
As much as I see Clint going I'm not sure I see him going QPR, everything I've heard before was that he was going back up North. Fair do's if he does though, can't ever comitt what he gave for this club a brilliant player to have on your side.

JamTheEagle
06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
If this is true, it's no big loss - nonetheless good luck to him.

Pub Idol
06-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Question mark needed in thread title.

Will S
06-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Great player - who's by no means past it, whatever some people seem to think.

Ruskin Old Boy
06-05-2010, 10:21 AM
More rubbish from Vitalfootball.

pardew's shorts
06-05-2010, 10:30 AM

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-05-2010, 10:34 AM
You didn't see any of his recent performances then?

To be fair he looked awful at Derby before his injury

But anyway he's out for a long time so is not an option till around christmas time anyway

Sandowneagle
06-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Thought Clint was a dreadful signing when we got him purely because of his injury record. Was well and truely proved wrong. We always looked a better defensive side with Clint playing, he's a winner and a leader. He will be missed at the Palace but fully expected him to go.

eagle mart
06-05-2010, 10:53 AM
No wonder he risked life and limb to say goodbye on Sunday.

Good luck fella.

pedro
06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
A QPR friend of my brother's told him yesterday that Clint Hill was about to sign for them with Speroni and Ambrose following by the end of the week. I am not saying I believe him but he has got the first part of his tricast right.

st albans
06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
am i the only one that saw him as a weak link at times at the back? always seemed to argue with Derry and a lot of oppo goals came from his side

when your chips are down there are few you would want more than Hill helping to battle out of a hole, but can't see what he'll offer QPR to help them get promoted. Good luck though

can we get borrowdale back from them?

pauldrulez
06-05-2010, 10:57 AM
A QPR friend of my brother's told him yesterday that Clint Hill was about to sign for them with Speroni and Ambrose following by the end of the week. I am not saying I believe him but he has got the first part of his tricast right.
But has he though?

This is a rumours website.

It's like Harry Monk claiming we signed Nugent, Deco and the rest.

Owngoal
06-05-2010, 11:07 AM
After one of his post match comments I really thought he said he could wait a while to see what WE offered as he 'loved the club/squad' - unless he has been told he will not be offered a contract I can't see this being true. Clint has a couple of years left at this level no problem, very useful back and centre.

brighton_eagle
06-05-2010, 11:10 AM
And so it begins.

Thanks for all your efforts in helping Palace to maintain their Championship status Clint. You were a rock.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
06-05-2010, 11:23 AM
**** Warnock and **** plastic QPR with their shitty $$$'s.

eagle-leg
06-05-2010, 11:32 AM
am i the only one that saw him as a weak link at times at the back? always seemed to argue with Derry and a lot of oppo goals came from his side

when your chips are down there are few you would want more than Hill helping to battle out of a hole, but can't see what he'll offer QPR to help them get promoted. Good luck though

can we get borrowdale back from them?

Nope - thats the way I saw it as well.

True warrior though... always a legend!

rbarmy
06-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds very dubious to me; have heard for a while that he is looking for a move nearer home

SurreyRanger
06-05-2010, 11:57 AM
It's good see see positive comments about him, as I never had him down as a decent player. Solid, but not decent.

Congrats on surviving by the way. There's two fixtures I'll be looking forward to, right away :lux:

AJ
06-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Players (even out of contract players) get paid until July 1, so, there is no rush to move/sign for another club. Doesn't mean he has or hasn't agreed to sign for anyone else.
Good luck to him wherever he ends up, he always performed and acted like a true professional at Palace, something that is quite rare these days in football.

gold76
06-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Good luck to him, whatever he decides.

Mick Jones in his blogs seems to rate him highly.

Underated, we'll miss his passion & commitment next season.

SurreyRanger
06-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Players (even out of contract players) get paid until July 1, so, there is no rush to move/sign for another club. Doesn't mean he has or hasn't agreed to sign for anyone else.
Good luck to him wherever he ends up, he always performed and acted like a true professional at Palace, something that is quite rare these days in football.

I couldn't agree more. Everyone bangs on about Taarabt for us. Quality player...best in the league on his day, but he's a moaney, whingey little turd. Personally, I think we'll be better off without him. Those leadership players (like Clint Hill from the comments) seem to go unappreciated by many. They are the ones who keep the team going.

Crunchie
06-05-2010, 01:55 PM
He aint gone yet.

But if he does go I will be gutted. Just the sort of player you need to keep you up, and I would love to see him stay on for one more year at least as centre back cover and to give time for Hills to take over as left back.

However if he can get a mega 3 year retirement deal out of QPR then I wish him the very very best of luck

I will for ever be thankful to Clint Hill.

I dont know why, but I have a gut feeling wherever he goes, this was his (physically) his last top performing season.

I think he may do a "Kit Symons" next year, where his legs go a bit, and maybe not quite the player he used to be.

Just a hunch and best we move on.

917L
06-05-2010, 02:12 PM
. I am not saying I believe him but he has got the first part of his tricast right.

Says who? a football rumours website

strawberry mivi
06-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Why does the thread title indicate this is true - it's not been confirmed has it?
If not - can it be mod-ified to reflect this?

Neillo's Son
06-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I personally think he's been woeful at times this season, mostly at left back admittedly. He gets away with it though because he gives 110% in most of our fans eyes.

Despite that, he's been a great servant for the club. I could never question his desire, to think we got Ģ1 million and Hill for Leon Cort, we did very well out of that deal!

Good luck Clint, although if QPR fans think he's the start of something special, they're wrong.

eagle101
06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Good luck Clint. He's been a great servant for Palace and always gave 110%. I can't help but feel this is the right time for him to move on though.

David
06-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Thank you Clint!

Isn't it noticeable how many of Warncock's biggest fans on here have gone remarkably quiet!

Kipungu
06-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Why do some of you care whether he goes north, south, east or west? He helped us stay up, we're safe in the championship and he gave everything for the shirt. He can go anywhere he likes, he doesnt owe us anything. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

AddiscombeCPFC
06-05-2010, 06:10 PM
This was always on the cards and even if it isn't a done deal as the thread starter suggests, it's no secret he'll soon be joining Warnock.

He was one of my favourite players, a Mr 100%, always put his foot in and had a great rapport with the fans. However, I dont actually think he's very good player and too many times he has been the weak link. Actually, my feelings on Clint Hill are the same as Butterfield, I love 'em both, but (for footballing reasons) I dont think they'll be missed. We'll miss their influence in the dressing room and experience...but Im sure whoever is in charge will be able to find a suitable replacement(s).

When Hill returns to Palace, I'll give him a standing ovation - one of the good guys amongst the majority of pro footballers who are turds.

HRS
06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Good luck to him. A very good signing when we got him but is replaceable and in fact Lee Hills is better (real shame about the injury). Been both good and bad for us (as well as stupid) but he isn't getting any younger either and he has at times been found wanting for pace badly this season.

cpfcfan1
06-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Any real source to this? I mean just days ago words from his own mouth is that he is a Palace player.

Gooders
06-05-2010, 07:59 PM
QPR fan that works in my bookies thinks it's a done deal. He may have just read the same stories I guess.

Mind you, he also said that at their player of the year do Warnock said something along the lines of not being able to give the job his full attention as he was too worried about Palace being relegated.

rbarmy
06-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Any real source to this? I mean just days ago words from his own mouth is that he is a Palace player.

I really can't believe that this is being considered a done deal - it's a rumour FFS!
A very misleading thread title, and quite insulting to Clint if it ain't true

glaziers fan
06-05-2010, 08:21 PM
He won't fancy it if he's playing against Alan Lee next season!

rbarmy
06-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Sorry to go on, but what would he feel like, reading this, when he's busted his arse for Palace for the last six months, taken blows and kept the faith, to see people discussing why he has gone to QPR and whether it was justified when in fact it is probably just a total load of b*ll*cks

Neillo's Son
06-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorry to go on, but what would he feel like, reading this, when he's busted his arse for Palace for the last six months, taken blows and kept the faith, to see people discussing why he has gone to QPR and whether it was justified when in fact it is probably just a total load of b*ll*cks

I think, for Ģ4000 or so a week that he'll live :p

cranesparkeagle
06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
already?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Warnock is a cu nt. To think people were clapping the fu cking wanker.

Jason
06-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Why do some of you care whether he goes north, south, east or west? He helped us stay up, we're safe in the championship and he gave everything for the shirt. He can go anywhere he likes, he doesnt owe us anything. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Is the correct answer

NZsparky
06-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Strange, I have been doom and gloom since January but am feeling really quite optimistic for the close season.

Sleeping Giant
06-05-2010, 09:49 PM
One of my best friends is one of Clint's sister's best mates. Jeez that sounds dreadfully convoluted but anyway, according to her (my friend), it is a done deal. Not 100 per cent solid but i'm just passing on what she says. Actually I went along to a game as their guests a few seasons back. Think it was Preston at home. Clint scored the winner and dropped us(me/sis/friend))back at East Croydon station. If i'd been 10 or something i'd have hyperventilated :) . Really, normal, grounded, decent fella it seemed to me (as is his sis). Good luck and thanks to him for all his work.

Oli28
06-05-2010, 10:11 PM
One of my favourite players over the past few years, always gave whatever he had, even when playing through injuries (as he has done on numerous occaisions).
Good luck for him, and tbh I'd rather he goes now when he is a hero than he stays for another couple of years and goes out of favour.

foxinthebox
06-05-2010, 10:11 PM
what more can we ask for than someone who gives his all when wearing our shirt. its the final years of his career. i doubt hes had crazy money over the years. maybe he cant afford to wait and see if we get bought out soon. if he could given the success hes had at palace and amount of games hes played im sure he would stay.

anyway, wherever he goes as previously stated ill be giving him a massive round of applause should he ever return

part of a team of players that gave me my greatest experience as a palace fan

David Amsalem
06-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't have much time for loyalty in football so I'm glad he is going.

He was brilliant for two seasons but has disappointed this season.

A top quality signing though. I always had visions of when AJ absolutely murdered him against Stoke but was proven well wrong.

Plus, hopefully now we'll see an out and out full back playing there.

james powell
06-05-2010, 11:03 PM
but has disappointed this season.
:eek:

orp pisshead1
06-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Some people will only realise whay he brings to the team, once he leaves.

:p :(

orp pisshead1
06-05-2010, 11:39 PM
He will be missed, but he is no way irreplacable. He has character, but itīs not like there are other players out there with his football skills. A loss, but we donīt really need tons of money to replace him, just a good manager and some time.

Thing is though mate by time take over happens we won't have the time to get the better freebies. Going to be tough season next year but hopefully we'll survive.

David Amsalem
06-05-2010, 11:56 PM
:eek:

You're letting your heart rule above your head.

<_tece_>
07-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Mentally and attitude-wise, Clint Hill has undoubtedly been one of the best players I've seen in recent memory, and for this one of my faves. One really good thing Warnock left us with was this mental strength we have in Derry/McCarthy/Hill/Lee at al.

No doubt this played a massive part in our staying up.

Clint, please don't make your final decision until you can sit down with CPFC 2010! We don't want you to go!

Ruskin Old Boy
07-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Blackpool and Leicester have shown an interest in signing him

cockles
07-05-2010, 07:35 AM
already?

No. Annoying thread title isn't it.

EMLEY EAGLE
07-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Not a done deal

kestoneagle
07-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Not a done deal

Is he having trouble sub-letting Paddy's shed? :D

cpfc4evandeva
07-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Much better than Leon Cort.

This.

We got the long end of the straw for once :)

Good luck Clint, I have a feeling we're going to miss you.

CPFC_DAVE77
07-05-2010, 07:52 AM
He deserves upmost respect for what we has done for us (despite his undoubted dodgy spell). I wish him luck. Seriously though, is this the sort of signing the richest club in the world should make to win the league? He's a decent player no doubt, but a 31 year old primarily CB been playing LB on a free? I still think there's something funny at QPR, if I was manager on their budget the only free tranfers I'd be making would be an out of contract former world class pro ala RvN on 80k p/w!

CPFC_DAVE77
07-05-2010, 07:54 AM
No Wiggins as we let him go, Hills out for 8 months + loan spell to get match fit. Hill off, Butts out of contract, Clyne very much sought after one presumes. Could report back to training with no full backs. (Except Ertl who is much, much better in DMF)

Maiden Eagle
07-05-2010, 07:56 AM
He deserves upmost respect for what we has done for us (despite his undoubted dodgy spell). I wish him luck. Seriously though, is this the sort of signing the richest club in the world should make to win the league? He's a decent player no doubt, but a 31 year old primarily CB been playing LB on a free? I still think there's something funny at QPR, if I was manager on their budget the only free tranfers I'd be making would be an out of contract former world class pro ala RvN on 80k p/w!

Yeah, really ambitious signing by QPR ! I like Clint Hill, but he is a bit of a veteran player, with probably his best days behind him.

Whyteleafe_Sage
07-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Would be sorry to see him go for what he brings to the team in terms of attitude and sheer bloody-mindedness, but that doesn't mean we couldn't replace him with a loan player while Hills recovers.

Once we come out of admin and can sign players we're going to be inundated with CVs of out of contract and potential loan players. The loan window effectively extends right the way through to March so in theory plenty of time to "try before we buy".

917L
07-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Can a mod change the stupid and completely inaccurate thread title

philsick
07-05-2010, 04:48 PM
If i was a qpr fan,i'd be miffed with this,especially if they watched the west brom game live on sky.

cranesparkeagle
08-05-2010, 10:24 AM
My concern is that we get a fire sale that leaves us hopelessly unbalancd before a manager can come in and plan a squad for next season. Who is saying who can go and who should we try to keep. It seems all a bit too quick to me. I liked Clints combativeness and while he is certainly not irreplaceable, before We throw the baby out with the bathwater we need to be thinking how we can replace what he has either from within or without and can we afford it. That's why I am a bit aghast at the apparent speed of this report. I hope this thread is jumping he gun

cdm61
14-05-2010, 11:04 AM
SLP says hes gone to QPR on back page not on the web yet

Benzhiyi
14-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Can a mod change the stupid and completely inaccurate thread title

Yes.

Il Padrino
14-05-2010, 11:34 AM
QPR boss Neil Warnock has won the race to sign Crystal Palace defender Clint Hill - and will now turn his attention to luring Julian Speroni away from Selhurst Park.
The South London Press understands that left-back Hill, who is out of contract this summer, has agreed to link up with the former Eagles manager at Loftus Road.
And Warnock will now turn his attention to making Speroni his second signing from Palace this summer.
Full details in today's South London Press.

Seaside Eagle
14-05-2010, 11:39 AM
QPR boss Neil Warnock has won the race to sign Crystal Palace defender Clint Hill - and will now turn his attention to luring Julian Speroni away from Selhurst Park.
The South London Press understands that left-back Hill, who is out of contract this summer, has agreed to link up with the former Eagles manager at Loftus Road.
And Warnock will now turn his attention to making Speroni his second signing from Palace this summer.
Full details in today's South London Press.

So, we urgently need a new Left-back. We also need to keep hold of Speroni.

**** off Colin! :veryangry

sw16girl
14-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Yes.

SLP are unlikely to be wrong on this one sadly. Believe at least one other out of contract players has definitely gone as well. But that is hardly surprising. Stil there was always going to be something of a change over the Summer and this is hardly unexpected.

Palestinian
14-05-2010, 11:45 AM
So, we urgently need a new Left-back. We also need to keep hold of Speroni.

**** off Colin! :veryangry
Hardly Warnock's fault
We can't offer Clint anything until the CPFC (2010) deal (hopefully) goes through. Clint wants to make sure he has a job next season & knows he'll play udner Neil. If he wasn't going to QPR it woudl just be somewhere else ....

m_reid
balls! **** off warnock speroni is ours

dannyboy1807
good luck to him

Warnock on the other hand can how do i say this nicely **** right off you money grabbing northern ****.

The Gerry Queen
14-05-2010, 11:46 AM
If we have it confirmed that we have new owners next week I don't think that Julian will want to leave Palace for QPR. He was with us before Warnock and will be happy to stay. As for a new left back ? Unlike Julian, Clint Hill came for Warnock and to his credit stayed rather than demand a loan and did his bit for survival.He has gone back to Warnock so fair enough. We curently have Lee Hills and Nathaniel Clyne who can play there. We are aldo OK for centre backs with Paddy McCarthy, Claude Davis & Matt Lawrence.

m_reid
14-05-2010, 11:48 AM
If we have it confirmed that we have new owners next week I don't think that Julian will want to leave Palace for QPR. He was with us before Warnock and will be happy to stay. As for a new left back ? Unlike Julian, Clint Hill came for Warnock and to his credit stayed rather than demand a loan and did his bit for survival.He has gone back to Warnock so fair enough. We curently have Lee Hills and Nathaniel Clyne who can play there. We are aldo OK for centre backs with Paddy McCarthy, Claude Davis & Matt Lawrence.

lee hills will miss the start of the season though

CPFC_DAVE77
14-05-2010, 11:52 AM
The more QPR sign players like Hill, the more I think this richest club thing is all going to end in tears. It doesn't make any sense to me. If you have that much money and sack all these managers ina bid for immediate success, where's the transfer budget? They are apparently (just a rumour) looking at Mackie from Plymouth. Now I'm sorry but this pair are not the signings of a billion pound funded club desperate for automatic success. It's very odd to me...

Anyway, by contrast to Carle, Hill was a fantastic value for money signing. After Taylor turned into a team of fairies with Fletcher flattering at the enforcer role, Hill, along with Dezza gave us some immediate bite, and he did help turn our fortunes. I think we all know he is limited, but he was a leader among men and the mental side of the game is important in a relegation scrap as the technical side (IMHO). So thanks for the effort, commitment and desire Clint, I would say over your spell here you earned the right to leave should you wish. However, irreplacable you are not. Good luck.

CPFC_DAVE77
14-05-2010, 11:53 AM
lee hills will miss the start of the season though

And the rest, expect him to start training Nov/Dec earliest, then on loan, if he is in a Palace squad by Jan I'll be amazed.

drizzt
14-05-2010, 11:54 AM
However, irreplacable you are not.

Agreed, and most likely replaceable with a player on less wages too.

Gooders
14-05-2010, 12:08 PM
The more QPR sign players like Hill, the more I think this richest club thing is all going to end in tears. It doesn't make any sense to me. If you have that much money and sack all these managers ina bid for immediate success, where's the transfer budget? They are apparently (just a rumour) looking at Mackie from Plymouth. Now I'm sorry but this pair are not the signings of a billion pound funded club desperate for automatic success. It's very odd to me...

Anyway, by contrast to Carle, Hill was a fantastic value for money signing. After Taylor turned into a team of fairies with Fletcher flattering at the enforcer role, Hill, along with Dezza gave us some immediate bite, and he did help turn our fortunes. I think we all know he is limited, but he was a leader among men and the mental side of the game is important in a relegation scrap as the technical side (IMHO). So thanks for the effort, commitment and desire Clint, I would say over your spell here you earned the right to leave should you wish. However, irreplacable you are not. Good luck.

Excellent post.

Young Trolley
14-05-2010, 12:11 PM
SLP are unlikely to be wrong on this one sadly. Believe at least one other out of contract players has definitely gone as well. But that is hardly surprising. Stil there was always going to be something of a change over the Summer and this is hardly unexpected.

Exactly who are the out of contract players?

Can't find a definitive list

Ta!

Blackfen Eagle
14-05-2010, 12:26 PM
. Believe at least one other out of contract players has definitely gone as well. .

SW16 could you elaborate?

CPFC_DAVE77
14-05-2010, 12:28 PM

Ta!

double post.

CPFC_DAVE77
14-05-2010, 12:28 PM

Ta!

Hill
Derry
Ertl
And for some reason Hills is jumping out at me may well be wrong.
Is John out of contract too?

Il Padrino
14-05-2010, 12:33 PM
lawrence is too

prizesucker
14-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Hill, Derry, Flahavan, Lawrence, Andrew, Butterfield, Ertl

I think John waved his automatic yearly extension and i thought Hills was too

Vanessa
14-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Hill, Derry, Flahavan, Lawrence, Andrew, Butterfield, Ertl

I think John waved his automatic yearly extension and i thought Hills was too

Flahaven is not out of contract until Summer 2011

According to the Holmesdale web site the following are out of contract in Summer 2010:-

Danny Butterfield
Johannas Ertl
Matt Lawrence
Clint Hill
Lee Hills
Shaun Derry
Sean Scannell
Stern John

The following didn't show a contract expiry date:-
Kieron Djilali
Alex Wynter
Calvin Andrew
Charlie Mann
and James Comley (who has left already)

gold76
14-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I think they've made a mistake re. Scannell, I think he has at least another season to go.

Seaside Eagle
14-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Hardly Warnock's fault
We can't offer Clint anything until the CPFC (2010) deal (hopefully) goes through. Clint wants to make sure he has a job next season & knows he'll play udner Neil. If he wasn't going to QPR it woudl just be somewhere else ....

I'm not too bothered about Clint Hill. It's losing Speroni that I'm worried about.

CPFC_DAVE77
14-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Why do people think Hill can't be offered yet three others oncluding Andrew just have been?

Gooders
14-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Because he's a) earning a lot more and b) old

I'm sure Derry, Butterfield, John and Lawrence will be gone too - although the latter allegedly isn't anywhere near one of the higest earners, so you never know.

GodstoneEagle
14-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Thing with speroni is until you see him regularly, you don't realise how bloody exceptional he is. Problem for us is that Warnock has, and he has the funds to make it happen. You can't blame Warnock for wanting to sign him, he's superb.

sw16girl
14-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Flahaven is not out of contract until Summer 2011

According to the Holmesdale web site the following are out of contract in Summer 2010:-

Danny Butterfield
Johannas Ertl
Matt Lawrence
Clint Hill
Lee Hills
Shaun Derry
Sean Scannell
Stern John

The following didn't show a contract expiry date:-
Kieron Djilali
Alex Wynter
Calvin Andrew
Charlie Mann
and James Comley (who has left already)

Cadogan is out of contract as well.

RDSdaEAGLE
14-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Cadogan is out of contract as well.

Offered a new contract today, along with Djilali and Andrew :)

jams1234
14-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Doesn't necessarily mean they will all sign it.

hughff
14-05-2010, 09:41 PM
A I suspect that if contract negotiations are resolved in the next week, these three will all get new contracts as they still have a couple of years (at least). Of course any one of them may be in group D at this point.
Danny Butterfield
Johannas Ertl
Shaun Derry (yes I know he's getting on)

B These lads are too young to let walk and may already be in talks (I hope).
Lee Hills (despite the injury)
Sean Scannell

C These two are on the cusp. Both can do a job of sorts but if we have to rely on them, we're in trouble. I suspect that they may, if we get bought, get offered relatively paltry contracts.
Stern John (may not take it)
Matt Lawrence

D Looks like he's gone, otherwise he'd've been in group A:
Clint Hill

E The following will probably all get new contract offers (cheap and show some promise).
Kieron Djilali
Alex Wynter
Calvin Andrew
Charlie Mann

The Gerry Queen
14-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Thing with speroni is until you see him regularly, you don't realise how bloody exceptional he is. Problem for us is that Warnock has, and he has the funds to make it happen. You can't blame Warnock for wanting to sign him, he's superb.

Yes you can :veryangry

I really can't wait for our sale to go through and to become a normal club again. A year of late wages, debt, HMRC winding up orders, Agilo and administration. Most of all I am looking forward to playing Warnock's Hoops and thrashing them out of sight. It would also be nice to be able to pick up a paper without coming accross yet another attempt to steal any more of our players on the cheap.

The Gerry Queen
16-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Clint waiting to see what will happen at Palace from feedback from POTY apparantly. Recieved interest from Leeds and QPR but no decision yet until the situation at Palace is known. So much for media reports that he's already signed !

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Clint waiting to see what will happen at Palace from feedback from POTY apparantly. Recieved interest from Leeds and QPR but no decision yet until the situation at Palace is known. So much for media reports that he's already signed !

Still expect him to be off.

pap
16-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Sky sports say he's close to signing.

sw16girl
16-05-2010, 04:52 PM

On the POTY thread someones reports they overheard him telling John Pembeton he was off to QPR.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-05-2010, 05:15 PM
From what I have heard he hasn't signed for QPR but has basically agreed to do so.

Oh south london
16-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Does not really bother me in the slightest. Will give him a good reception when he does return. Not quite a legend but certainly a player I will remember fondly.

Mister Parks
16-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Will he still be living in Paddy Mac's Summer House or will he get an upgrade to somewhere comfy in Richmond?

:D

Ruskin Old Boy
16-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Will he still be living in Paddy Mac's Summer House or will he get an upgrade to somewhere comfy in Richmond?

:D

:p

Warnock's bought him a Wendy House in White City

Typical Palace
16-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Sorry to disappoint Gerry but, as SW16girl says I heard him telling Pembo that he was going to QPR.

I don't begrudge him sorting out his future one iota. A key part of a very special Palace side.

Players were also ribbing Calvin Andrew about him getting a new deal, like he was a chosen one.

The Gerry Queen
16-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Sorry to disappoint Gerry but, as SW16girl says I heard him telling Pembo that he was going to QPR.

I don't begrudge him sorting out his future one iota. A key part of a very special Palace side.

Players were also ribbing Calvin Andrew about him getting a new deal, like he was a chosen one.

Oh well like you say I wish him good luck. Still don't like him going to QPR as opposed to anywhere else but he's a free agent and is a part of our history now.

I think that Calvin Andrew could be really good for us next season.... as a player as well as a Palace World presenter :)

jams1234
17-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Why would he only be telling Pembo now, especially at a PotY do where there are many fans?

sw16girl
17-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Why would he only be telling Pembo now, especially at a PotY do where there are many fans?

Because Pembo's contract expired on 4th May so this was the first time Clint had seen him again?

Aaroncpfc
19-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Regarding the QPR with no ambition comments.

Yes they have money but seriously hello they are not going to be signing the likes of Fabregas etc. They need these kind of championship players to get out of this league, those who have experience of this league. Not foreigners or those from League one or two. They need a player like Hill because they don't have anyone who is tough

One Clint Hill
19-05-2010, 05:31 PM
The man is a legend whether he leaves or not - hence my user name.

Always puts in 100%, and is a nice chap too.

Sleeping Giant
03-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Clint's sister still (yesterday) telling my friend, whom she works with, that Clint has gone to QPR. Just passing it on.

Aaroncpfc
03-06-2010, 10:39 PM
I love him, but at QPR he's just going to be an avergae player, at least here he would have been respected and apart of a side that has the potential to finish above the Raynes Park Queenies*.

I'm basing this on the fact that before the 2008/09 season (you could even take away last season when you consider -10) we've finished above QPR every season since 1995/96, and that was just because they were punching above there weight in The Prem.

pedro
20-06-2010, 04:30 PM
I was speaking to someone last night who is good friends with Clint Hill and he confirmed that he has signed for QPR (no surprise there). He said he was desperately hoping that he was going to be offered a new contract as he loved it at the club but as there was nothing on the horizon he had no choice but to prepare to further his career elsewhere.
He had packed his wife back up North and was planning on following them but instead got an offer from NW to join him at QPR and as there was nothing else concrete on the table he decided on accepting the offer.
His friend said he had a genuine affection for the club and fans and was choked to be leaving but the financial security of his family was his prime importance so it was essential he got a contract somewhere else if it wasn't going to be at Palace.
Hardly groundbreaking news I know but I thought it was worth posting anyway.

spt1978
20-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Good luck Clint.

CP Satellite
20-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Good luck to Clint and thanks for putting in the type of effort that helped win Palace many important points - an inspiration on and off the pitch to players and fans.

Knowing how snobbish QPR fans are over the way their team is perceived to play their football - I have to wonder if Clint's blood and thunder style under Warnock is actually going to work.

The main thing is that Clint has secured a contract and that must have been a problem that he and many other Palace players have needed to sort out since our draw at Sheffield Wednesday.

We can't wish Rangers or their diabolical fans any luck, can we?

cpfcfan1
20-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I would worry if we had no money to replace but we do so hopefully Burley can replace for a younger player

Thanks for everything Clint you have been brill, n best of luck

Gooders
20-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for your 110% efforts for Palace Clint and good luck with your move.

I think you're going to need it mate. ;)

kestoneagle
20-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Good luck agent Hill.....you know what you have to do! :p

rhynoeagle
20-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Is it me or are QPR sounding less threatening every time they sign a player ?

Kenny, Clarke, Hill, possibly Derry ?

Good luck to Clint and maybe Dezza

Jordan's Jacket
20-06-2010, 07:32 PM
A commited and seemingly nice guy, but I think it is time he moved on. With our best wishes of course (except to say I hope the Super Hoofs have an awful season)

cdm61
20-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Mr Iron Girder...not a very good footballer...but a big old northern like Warnock

Reps AJ
20-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Why are these signings not being announced? Am I missing something? Have their contracts run out now or do they expire at the end of the month?

cpfcfan1
20-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Its all my sisters cats dog etc at the moment

Nothing official

Typical Palace
20-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I heard Clint tell Pembo he was doing to QPR at the PoY do. Things could change but he seemed very certain then. It seems odd that he was saying this ages ago and it hasn't been rubber stamped. It may be 2010 will offer him a deal that may keep him?

cpfcfan1
20-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Didnt Burley say he wants to keep some of the older pros in the squad, Hill would fit into that

Could see him staying

glenn.f
20-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Is it me or are QPR sounding less threatening every time they sign a player ?

Kenny, Clarke, Hill, possibly Derry ?

Good luck to Clint and maybe Dezza

The very same thought occured to me and all i kept thinking was thank f*** that Warnock had no money to spend for us towards the end or god knows what we would have been left with.

GodstoneEagle
20-06-2010, 08:26 PM
QPR fans won't like him IMO

gold76
20-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I would guess this will be announced on or around 1st July

philsick
20-06-2010, 08:36 PM
It would be nice to have a left back who is more attacking,like clyne is on the right.I think lea hills started to look really good before his injury,but we will need to get a replacement,as he's out until november.

budgie
20-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Good luck to him, but didn't he spend a lot of his time oop north, training with Tramnere.

If so I'd rather have players, who would train with the rest of the squad.

BulletEagle
20-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I would guess this will be announced on or around 1st July
Why? Johnny has already left.

All_Fired_Up
21-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Not that we could afford him, but Frank Quedrue is available on a free.

RDSdaEAGLE
21-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Why? Johnny has already left.

The majority of football contracts expire at the start of July. Johnny Ertl's may have expired earlier, but it's standard fair for a footballer's contract to end July 1st.

All_Fired_Up
21-06-2010, 01:42 AM
The majority of football contracts expire at the start of July. Johnny Ertl's may have expired earlier, but it's standard fair for a footballer's contract to end July 1st.

I don't think his finnished any sooner, it is just that they (Sheffield United) have been one of the only clubs to air their transfer dealings with the press.

sw16girl
25-06-2010, 05:44 PM
This should be announced shortly now the Derry one has been.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
25-06-2010, 05:49 PM
I think lea hills started to look really good before his injury,but we will need to get a replacement,as he's out until november.

Was this really true? - I did't see any of the home games, but remember him being awful at Derby before he got injured. Looked like a kid way out of his depth.

Potton Eagle
25-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Was this really true? - I did't see any of the home games, but remember him being awful at Derby before he got injured. Looked like a kid way out of his depth.

Played really well at Watford until he got sent off.

T.C.
25-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I know it goes against most of the posters on this Clint Hill love-in but I shan't be sorry to see him go - a very limited, if hard, footballer.

Not the sort of player who I would expect to see in the Palace team of the future - we must move on from the backs-to-the-wall, everyone's-against-us Warnock football.

gold76
26-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Another conundrum as to who replaces him. Jon Harley on a free from Watford, would get my vote.

cpfc4evandeva
26-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Lee Hills did start to look really decent, but I'm still not 100% sure he is good enough.

Some games he looks very good, other games he looks very crap. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween.

I suppose at his age that is to be expected.

orp pisshead1
26-06-2010, 09:36 AM
If only wiggins hadn't been so injury prone(:

gold76
26-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Has Hills been offered a new deal?

Would be bad form to release a player who is injured till December, I know we are not a charity

SteveyHawking
26-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Another conundrum as to who replaces him. Jon Harley on a free from Watford, would get my vote.
There are a few left backs available on a free at the moment. Jon Harley as you mentioned. Tony Capaldi, Kerrea Gilbert, Toni Kallio, James McEveley, Franck Queudrue are also available so if George wants to go down that route to replace Hill and/or Hills there are options.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
26-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Played really well at Watford until he got sent off.

Fair enough - let's hope he can really start to step up when he comes back from injury.

gold76
27-06-2010, 07:35 AM
There are a few left backs available on a free at the moment. Jon Harley as you mentioned. Tony Capaldi, Kerrea Gilbert, Toni Kallio, James McEveley, Franck Queudrue are also available so if George wants to go down that route to replace Hill and/or Hills there are options.

Of that list I do like Queudrue, but he must have been on a hefty whack

BulletEagle
27-06-2010, 07:45 AM
From the list mentioned above I wouldn't mind Quedrue, Harley or Capaldi, but Quedrue's wages must be sky high.

zonin2000
27-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Quedrue's wages must be sky high.
Soon to be Ģ0, I would imagine.

Gooders
27-06-2010, 09:03 AM
I know it goes against most of the posters on this Clint Hill love-in but I shan't be sorry to see him go - a very limited, if hard, footballer.

Not the sort of player who I would expect to see in the Palace team of the future - we must move on from the backs-to-the-wall, everyone's-against-us Warnock football.

Is it a love-in? Many of us have praised Derry and Hill to the skies for their efforts, especially last season - but added that we're not that bothered about them leaving at this stage.

BulletEagle
27-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Soon to be Ģ0, I would imagine.
Wage demands then

adrenalin john
27-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Is it a love-in? Many of us have praised Derry and Hill to the skies for their efforts, especially last season - but added that we're not that bothered about them leaving at this stage.

I am not that bothered about losing Derry due to age, character and wages.

I am delighted for him that he has managed to get a pension off QPR. But, while last season brought the best out of him, going forward we need a fresh start.

When you're in the trenches having a vociferous and fearless old dog barking at the enemy, is effective and good for morale. But in peace time when that same dog is now incontinent, can't walk and is barking outside your window at 6 a.m. becuase the postman is coming then it is time to either put him down or retire him to the old dogs home. (which I beleive is currently situated just off the Loftus road)

Latvian
27-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Much like Derry, I think its nto a huge lost. Was a good servant to us but is now ageing and too old fashioned, I wish him well!

st albans
27-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Much like Derry, I think its nto a huge lost. Was a good servant to us but is now ageing and too old fashioned, I wish him well!

much like their new manager

zonin2000
27-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Wage demands then
OK but that's the point, if nobody matches his demands, he'll have to drop them.

Sunroof
27-06-2010, 09:31 PM
much like their new manager

except for the wish him well bit

adrenalin john
28-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Has he still not signed? I would be very happy to keep him on a year, on the proviso his wages are sensible

Beanie
28-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Has Hills been offered a new deal?

Would be bad form to release a player who is injured till December, I know we are not a charity
Don't think Hills is out of contract, so it doesn't arise.

GreatGonzo
28-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Wage demands then

Come August do you think he wil still demand silly money seeing as he will be earning Ģ0?

Played League 1 at the end of last season so doubt he would be asking for that much.

Jordan's Jacket
28-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I'd quite like Clint to stay, but as a central defender partnering Paddy. He's not a left back, but I reckon could form quite a formidable partnership with the Irishman. Means we can ditch that waste of space Davis too

Benzhiyi
28-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Clint's definitely gone, says Burley:

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/crystalpalace/eaglesnews/8243541.Burley_holds_first_talks_with_Ambrose/

Dal
28-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Onwards and upwards.

Woosie
28-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Don't think Hills is out of contract, so it doesn't arise.

I could have sworn Lee Hills was out of contract, hence why Swansea were after him a little while ago. I think that we will definitely miss Hill, certainly moreso than Derry. However it is a chance for us to bring in a younger left back possibly, or a chance for that David Wright to make the left back spot his own if he signs. Or of course the opportunity for Lee Hills to fill the left back slot if he stays and avoids injury.

JHJ EAGLE
28-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks and good luck Clint:)

Voldo
28-06-2010, 06:45 PM
I will always fondly remember Clint Hill as an absolute 110% man while he had the Palace shirt on...and of course he stepped up during the relegation battle as a passionate leader.

Now is a time to look forward; new manager, new ideas, new style.

PauLo
28-06-2010, 06:48 PM
All the best Clint.

917L
28-06-2010, 06:51 PM

Ive always liked Harley and McEveley out of that list,and at least they wouldnt be on stupid wages

bern5161
28-06-2010, 06:55 PM
good luck clint

BulletEagle
28-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Meh.

The Bishop
28-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Thank you Clint. And good luck (apart from whenever you play against us).

pedro
28-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Clint's definitely gone, says Burley:
I have been a Palace fan for over 35 years now and I told you this over a week ago but you doubt my word yet believe someone who has only been at the club 5 minutes. Your lack of faith is like a dagger through my heart. :D

SJ'sLoveMonkey
28-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Ho hum, on we go

Bobsta
28-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Great spirit but many goals we conceded last season were down to his doggers defending. Still best left back we've had since granville!

LeeH
28-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Bye. Bring on the new blood :p

Godstone Eagle
28-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Thanks Clint and good luck, always gave 110% in a Palace shirt...

adrenalin john
28-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Great guy, limited footballer but gave everything and always showed huge respect to the fans. Sad to lose him - hope he gets a massive pay day out of QPR

Oh south london
28-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Think its best that we move him on now.

JamTheEagle
28-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Can't see I ever enjoyed him playing for us, too clumsy and prone to dive into a tackle. Thanks for everything though.

Ruskin Old Boy
28-06-2010, 07:31 PM
If ever a player's spirit and commitment to the cause of Crystal Palace last season mirrored that of the fans it was Clint Hill's. Palace was the remaking of him, from injury sufferer over several seasons to almost every match played for Palace. Would play at left back or centre back not only doing his own job but also making sure that those around him were doing their's.

Early on it became clear he would be a player fans would get behind - away at his previous club Stoke, on their way to promotion, he received an enormous round of applause before the match. And his last match in the red and blue, when we watched as he declined to run for the tunnel but stayed with the fans then received several punches from Wednesday thugs - but giving plenty back.

Not often I feel proud to have something right for Palace but sponsoring his kit last season was one of them. Hope he does well in the future but not against us.

Jason
28-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Massive player for us in the last couple of years. Sad to see him go, but can't help feeling that it's the right time for him to do so. Wish him nothing but the best for the rest of his career and beyond

dannyboy1807
28-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Cheers Clint thanks for your shirt you threw into the Bristol city away playoff game and cheers for signing it for me at the player of the year awards

Kipungu
28-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Played his heart out for the shirt, good luck to him.

Curry
28-06-2010, 07:52 PM
He did a job and he did it well but he always was a Warnock man which is fair enough. This comes as no surprise and good luck to him.

doodledandy
28-06-2010, 07:54 PM
It's 'the good, the bad and the ugly' all over again, as Clint joins the exodus of Palace senior citizens departing for better wages at QPR.

QPR means 'Quite Probably Relegated'

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for everything Clint :lux:

You helped us to the play offs and you helped us stay in the Championship.
A great player and leader to have in our side when things were tough.

:lux:

bigdazza08
28-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Good luck fella are they going for Matty Lawrence too?

Les Butler
28-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Sad to see him go and all that but with all the dosh QPR are supposed to have I'm trying to work out what Warnock is trying to do or duplicate with these sort of signings ...

jordanismygod
28-06-2010, 08:20 PM
These really are strange signings by warnock. Not sure the qprrrrr's will be doing multiple star jumps with their summer signings do far.

jordanismygod
28-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Oh, and thanks clint.

Gooders
28-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Sad to see him go and all that but with all the dosh QPR are supposed to have I'm trying to work out what Warnock is trying to do or duplicate with these sort of signings ...

I agree. He sure as hell ain't building a squad capable of promotion, let alone playing in the greed league.

orp pisshead1
28-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Great guy, limited footballer but gave everything and always showed huge respect to the fans. Sad to lose him - hope he gets a massive pay day out of QPR
^^^^^^^

917L
28-06-2010, 08:52 PM

^^^^^Spot on

David Amsalem
28-06-2010, 08:57 PM
We got the best out of him.

To be honest, I think any team starting with Hill and Derry in the starting eleven next season are going to struggle.

I'm personally glad to have got rid of both. We'll remember both of them fondly now.

Brixton_Palace
28-06-2010, 09:02 PM
We've lost a true warrior of a player. Good luck Clint, I'll remember you fondly. :p

Chris K
28-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Was a true battler for us but I think now is the right time to let him go.

From Warnock wanting Clyne, Danns, Speroni and Ambrose, so far he must have disappointed the R's to get the aging Clint Hill and Shaun Derry

IanH
28-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Good honest pro who always gave 100%. Will get a good pay day at Rangers and deserves it. Not someone I would sign for a promotion winning team or squad though. Is Warnock yet another of our agents perhaps?

SpikeyMatt
28-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Wish him all the best - he was an absolute warrior for us. Though not the best footballer, he more than made up for that with his presence on the field.

Agree with all the comments that we got the best of him and him going to QPR isn't exactly a move befitting a team installed as favourites for promotion.

Shipp Ahoy!
28-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Good luck Clint and all the luck for your future (with exception to your time at QPR if that's where you are off to!). Gave me one of the best nights of my life after the Burnley game (giggidy :D).

Also noticed this in the link:

"It's good facilities at the training ground but the trouble is it's not long seeded as it was held back by the administration but give it two or three weeks and it should be fantastic."

- Dougie you hero, would be in an even worse place if it wasn't for him :lux:

Nelson Muntz
28-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I love Clint as a man, but to be fair, he's limited as a player. This week we've lost Clint and Derry. It could have been a whole lot worse.

Psychokiller
28-06-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm glad QPR have decided to give our heroes from last season large bonuses for keeping us up whilst we have funds freed up on the wage bill to rebuild. Nice one Warnock!

Sick Bucket
28-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Ha! The sh!tty hoops must be dancing in the streets with these 2 signings, agree with everything already said, 2 great guys, gave everything for us but really NW what a total lack of imagination and not the sort of players to guarantee promotion at all. I've got a feeling NW isn't going to have much fun next season.

Clapham Grand
28-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I love Clint as a man, but to be fair, he's limited as a player. This week we've lost Clint and Derry. It could have been a whole lot worse.
this

JDawg
28-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Well he did say he wanted to move back to the north west. Loftus Road has to be at least five miles north west of Selhurst Park!

Clearly learned pathetic spin from Warnock too.

zonin2000
28-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Ive always liked Harley and McEveley out of that list,and at least they wouldnt be on stupid wages
Harley - not under Warnock, yes under Burley.

zonin2000
28-06-2010, 09:52 PM
And Harley is just the sort of profile we should be considering. Has the talent, needs a bit of direction and thus could be a potential bargain. Like Ambrose, to a lesser extent.

philsick
28-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I hope we replace him with an attacking full back.Something we've really lacked on the left the last couple of years.

kolinkins
28-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I hope we replace him with an attacking full back.Something we've really lacked on the left the last couple of years.

Couple? It's been about 10 years.

philsick
28-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Couple? It's been about 10 years.

True dat.But im talking about actually getting over the halfway line,which wasn't one of clints fortes.

Celestial Empire
28-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I've got this hunch QPR will start like a train then just fizzle out.

imashed
28-06-2010, 10:24 PM
QPR have not learned about having an old team like England, good luck clint & shaun great service and will always remember clint fighting the wednesday fans.
thanks to both of you and the retirement home in loftus rd

Diehard
28-06-2010, 10:30 PM
yes becuase QPR is a lot closer to his beloved chester and it must help with his and his wifes homesickness.

nothing against him tbh and good luck. hopefully hills can develop into a much better player.

its time to bend over and take it like a man, the squad rapage has begun

Well, if raping us of aging players like Clint annd Shaun is the worst that's gonna happen I am mighty relieved. If Clyne ,Ambrose and Speroni leave then it's time to get upset.
:hi:

Ollie_Reed
28-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Good luck Clint apart from when you are playing for the Hoops v Palace!

You will be remembered as one of the true Palace Heros.
A complete pro always gave 100%.

Kaberle15
28-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Wow, if I was a QPR fan, would I ever be pissed off with some of the guys Warnock is bringing in!

Clint came across as a great guy, and he really did give his all. But I couldn't take much more of him truth be told. The guy was a footballing VACUUM. Just awful on the ball. And increasingly poor defensively last season. Long may that continue at QPR. Heh.

To think for all their money, they are going to have one of the biggest proponents of DINOSAUR football in the English game managing them, and a bunch of over-the-hill, overpaid PYLONS on the pitch. Ouch.

maestro
28-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Great bloke, never let us down but again like Derry I actually think it could turn out for the best for palace, both now are unfortunately getting on a bit and it showed at the end of last season.

On a related note I just cant understand why Warnock is buying Derry and Hill? very poor signings for a side chasing promotion

philsick
28-06-2010, 10:50 PM
On a related note I just cant understand why Warnock is buying Derry and Hill? very poor signings for a side chasing promotion

I understand it,because he has no vision.Lots of hard tackling,hoofing and ref blaming heading the hoops way.

the kooch
28-06-2010, 11:08 PM
I have his name on the back of one of my Palace shirts, he's an absolute legend for me.

However I also think he's often below average (didn't want to say rubbish). But I'll miss him.

Micky Spilane
28-06-2010, 11:39 PM
can't walk and is barking outside your window at 6 a.m. becuase the postman is coming then it is time to either put him down or retire him to the old dogs home. (which I beleive is currently situated just off the Loftus road)

Do you still get your post that early?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
29-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Not the most gifted footballer, but a performer with great comic timing. I will greatly miss his turns as Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

TC EAGLE
29-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Oh well onwards and upwards to be honerst I don't care we have a new start and a new complete managership team that will bring in fresh faces, Thank you Clint thank you shaun.

Kirby
29-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Cheers Clint.

I wasn't sure when we signed you but you totally proved me wrong.

Without you and Shaun last season we would've given up and gone down without a fight.

Enjoy your last pay day :p

silverymoon
29-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Not a great footballer but always gave 100%. Would have prefered players like Shaun and Clint to play for England. than those Premier wankers who gave about 15% or maybe less. Good luck to you Clint you never let us down