PDA

View Full Version : Wolves after Ambrose

m_reid
06-05-2010, 11:13 AM
According to the sun Wolves are after Ambrose for 1.5m, though the Sun said P Diddy would buy us so who knows if its true

http://thesun.mobi/sol/homepage/sport/football/2960648/Wolves-eye-15m-Palace-ace-Darren-Ambrose.html?mob=1

JamTheEagle
06-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Wow, massive story that is - it's about 2 words long.

Steve_CPFC
06-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Hah, to be honest at this time of year, given our especially current situation, I would expect nothing more than this sort of thing!

elgin eagle
06-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Hope Brenda is able to hold off these vultures until the takeover goes through.
To lose Ambrose and Speroni would feel like a relegation.

Steve_CPFC
06-05-2010, 11:26 AM

Cheer up mate, lots to be happy about at the moment,

Just concentrate on that happy feeling until we get our hearts ripped out when the players start getting sold.

Enjoy yourself for the moment!

ANDYEAGLE
06-05-2010, 11:28 AM
LOL. So who told them he is rated at 1.5 million? Under normal circumstances a midfielder who score 20 goals in a season would be rated a lot higher.

I think we will see a lot more of these speculative stories in the next few weeks.

Steve_CPFC
06-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Did you hear that Barcelona are after Derry?

Nofishtoday
06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I hope Ambrose de-Clynes any Wolves bid.

garronrav
06-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Did you hear that Barcelona are after Derry?
they couldnt afford him

Steve_CPFC
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
they couldnt afford him

They wouldnt know what to do with him in the Spanish league.

AJ
06-05-2010, 12:13 PM
LOL. So who told them he is rated at 1.5 million? Under normal circumstances a midfielder who score 20 goals in a season would be rated a lot higher.

I think we will see a lot more of these speculative stories in the next few weeks.

Honestly, I think 1.5m is a fair amount. He only has 1 year left on his contract and he is playing for a bottom half Championship team. It's the same fee that we sold Watson for, under different circumstances.

Gooders
06-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll be utterly amazed if Ambrose (or Danns) are with us next season.

Whatever happens though, I shall always reflect on this season with good memories of his brief but very productive period with us.

Resurrected his career - it's as simple as that.

Ruskin Old Boy
06-05-2010, 12:32 PM
When the Sun said the world was flat 28.29% of its readership believed the story.

Beanie
06-05-2010, 12:33 PM
No need - if they have any sense and the takeover is going to happen 2010 would fill any shortfall (May wages for example) to avoid needless sales. If they can't do that the sales may happen takeover or not.

immoralgiant
06-05-2010, 12:35 PM
When the Sun said the world was flat 28.29% of its readership believed the story.
68.7% of statistics are made up.

NateEagle
06-05-2010, 12:50 PM
What a shit article...its about 2 sentences long, has no quotes, plucks a figure of 1.5mill out of the air and claims he is a striker!

This type of journalism winds me up...whats the point other than possibly unsettling Ambrose. We already know he's probably off, stop making shit up!!!

EDIT - I was reading the Tribalfootball article where they call him a striker

AJ
06-05-2010, 01:00 PM

14% of Americans think Obama is the anti-Christ:eek:

ANDYEAGLE
06-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Honestly, I think 1.5m is a fair amount. He only has 1 year left on his contract and he is playing for a bottom half Championship team. It's the same fee that we sold Watson for, under different circumstances.

I expect thats all we may get as well. The fact he is earning 11k a week makes it more difficult to turn down that sort of figure. Maybe as he loves us so much he will sign a new long contract on 6k a week:)

I do expect at the very least to lose either Danns or Ambrose though. I just hope we can hang on to one of them.

Crunchie
06-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Will that be enough for labour to get in using the first past the post system?

Jason
06-05-2010, 01:59 PM
1.5m is actually good money under the circumstances. Ambrose has 1 year left on his contract, and wages that we know we can't afford in the longer term, and a fee of that size can actually shift the position significantly in respect of the takeover. It's also a prem move, which somehow seems far more palatable than seeing one of our best players move sideways.

If this is true (which I very much doubt), then Ambrose will have made one huge contribution to the club by coming here, and another one by leaving.

holysheet-espan
06-05-2010, 02:10 PM
1.5m is actually good money under the circumstances. Ambrose has 1 year left on his contract, and wages that we know we can't afford in the longer term, and a fee of that size can actually shift the position significantly in respect of the takeover. It's also a prem move, which somehow seems far more palatable than seeing one of our best players move sideways.

If this is true (which I very much doubt), then Ambrose will have made one huge contribution to the club by coming here, and another one by leaving.

Good post :p

Eddie'S Dad
06-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I was told by Mick Jones that after the second Villa game Martin O'Neill had expressed 'strong interest' in both Ambrose and Clyne.

Jones said that he wouldn't be surprised if Villa made bids in the summer based on what O'Neil had said that night.

GodstoneEagle
06-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Would be very pleased for him if he went to Villa.

Cleon
06-05-2010, 02:27 PM

I thought he had two years left?

ANDYEAGLE
06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I thought he had two years left?

He came on a 2 year deal.

Sandowneagle
06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Perhaps they will offer 220k like they did last time.

Bunch of jokers.

AddiscombeCPFC
06-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Perhaps they will offer 220k like they did last time.

Bunch of jokers.

Wankers :veryangry

I'd take 1.5mill though...

Ruskin Old Boy
06-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't take a penny.

You guys want to see a relegation battle without Ambrose, etc etc next season. I certainly don't.

holysheet-espan
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't take a penny.

You guys want to see a relegation battle without Ambrose, etc etc next season. I certainly don't.

No not really, but if things dont start moving soon , it may well be case of having to just to see us stay in business. :sob: