PDA

View Full Version : RAPING AND PILLAGING, WARNOCK STYLE

peagle
06-05-2010, 06:33 PM
This is going to break my heart more than anything, more than administration, more than Fonte and Moses leaving, more than being forced into a relegation battle, more than Warnock abandoning us, more than his rubbish about still loving Palace and watching our fans get suckered in, this is what he's really about. So let's start the list as today, it has been informally and somewhat unofficially announced that the systematic raping of our squad has begun with one of my favourites:

THE LIST:

Clint Hill ?

Please Brendan, whoever's in charge, players, there's more in this than money...

"ANYWHERE BUT QPR"

Neillo's Son
06-05-2010, 06:37 PM
This is going to break my heart more than anything, more than administration, more than Fonte and Moses leaving, more than being forced into a relegation battle, more than Warnock abandoning us, more than his rubbish about still loving Palace and watching our fans get suckered in, this is what he's really about. So let's start the list as today, it has been informally and somewhat unofficially announced that the systematic raping of our squad has begun with one of my favourites:

THE LIST:

Clint Hill ?

Please Brendan, whoever's in charge, players, there's more in this than money...

"ANYWHERE BUT QPR"

Hill is not the future, he has got progressively worse IMHO. We'll certainly need to replace him, but I am sure we can pick up a better left back.

If QPR want to buy our best players, they know it'll have to be at an inflated price because of whats happened. It's not nice to see, but if it means our club survives, then so be it.

We finished mid-table the season before last with a generally poor squad (Kuqi top scorer says enough). There is no reason why we can't consolidate again next season.

Jason
06-05-2010, 07:03 PM
To be honest, if players have to go, in many ways I'm not bothered where they end up. First and foremost I want the best deal for the club. On a secondary level, I want the players who've done so well for us to get the best deal they can for themselves.

If those requirements are best met by selling players to QPR, so be it. There's no club or manager I dislike so much that I would want to see us compromise our chances of survival to spite them !

drizzt
06-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Whilst i liked Hill and appreciate he always gave 100% on the pitch he was a centre back being played at left back and probably on a fair wage.

IMO easily replaced with a player on less wages.

CPFC BORN &BRED
06-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I fear this is going to be a long summer for palace

greybot
06-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I fear this is going to be a long summer for palace

Thank god we've got the World Cup to distract us somewhat

ANDYEAGLE
06-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I can't see too much money being splashed in the summer by Championship clubs. QPR we know will be the biggest spenders by far.

Warnock will know the worth of our players more than anyone and we are likely to get more from them. I hope that we can keep both Danns and Ambrose,but at the moment will settle for having one of them in August to hopefully start our season under new ownership.

cpfcben
06-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I have said it before so i'll say it again, anywhere but QPR!

glaziers fan
06-05-2010, 08:46 PM
NW can have anyone as long as Ambrose, Danns, Speroni and Clyne are still here.

rbarmy
06-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Has Clint actually gone then, or is it unsubstantiated rumour?

gadford4th
06-05-2010, 08:55 PM
The worry is not Clint Hill leaving, it's replacing Clint Hill

rbarmy
06-05-2010, 09:02 PM
The worry is not Clint Hill leaving, it's replacing Clint Hill
Why would we need to replace him if isn't leaving?:confused:

Dubai Palace
06-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Saw Shaun Derry's Audi in my local garage in Keston still with his private plate on it. Is he staying at Palace and can't afford it anymore or moving on and getting more money for new car or just celebrating and treating himself?

grovesy
06-05-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm just going to shut my eyes and ears, cross my fingers and hope for the best until August......

It's perfectly understandable if players would want stability and to jump ship at this time - particularly those out of contract or with a year left - however there must be some value in waiting as long as possible for the take over to develop - the longer that takes the more difficult our task next year, it could eclipse this season by some distance if there is no positive movement soon...

As for Clint - I thought he had decided to leave long ago and has sold his house, supposedly because both he and his wife are homesick - so why go to QPR? Makes about as much sense as Dowie's logic.........

montstar
08-05-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1274890/Neil-Warnock-lines-Neil-Danns-plots-raid-club-Crystal-Palace.html

Neil Warnock lines up Neil Danns as he plots first raid on former club Crystal Palace

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 11:53 PM on 7th May 2010

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

Danns is the man: Scott Dann was sent off in the penultimate game of the season

Neil Warnock is poised to return to his old club Crystal Palace to sign Neil Danns in a £1.5million deal for Queens Park Rangers.

The 27-year-old was one of Palace’s few beacons of light in a otherwise dismal season that saw them just escape relegation and enter administration.

Warnock is keen to add his goalscoring ability to his midfield after he notched nine goals for Palace last term..

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1274890/Neil-Warnock-lines-Neil-Danns-plots-raid-club-Crystal-Palace.html#ixzz0nKx3l5rF

Fat Andy
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't get how NW getting in Hill is classed as raping and pillaging our club. Isn't he out of contract?

nicknackpalace
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Let's just chillout till something actually happens.

Can't see any players being sold in the next few weeks until either

1. The takeover's gone pearshaped or
2. A new manager is appointed and he decides in association with the new board who he wants to keep

cpfc4evandeva
08-05-2010, 12:08 PM

F*ckin hell :rolleyes:

GodstoneEagle
08-05-2010, 12:10 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1274890/Neil-Warnock-lines-Neil-Danns-plots-raid-club-Crystal-Palace.html

Neil Warnock lines up Neil Danns as he plots first raid on former club Crystal Palace

By Sportsmail Reporter

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

Neil Warnock is poised to return to his old club Crystal Palace to sign Neil Danns in a £1.5million deal for Queens Park Rangers.

The 27-year-old was one of Palace’s few beacons of light in a otherwise dismal season that saw them just escape relegation and enter administration.

Warnock is keen to add his goalscoring ability to his midfield after he notched nine goals for Palace last term..

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1274890/Neil-Warnock-lines-Neil-Danns-plots-raid-club-Crystal-Palace.html#ixzz0nKx3l5rF
so pathetically poor that it angers me. Scott Dann is a Birmingham City centre half.

cpfc4evandeva
08-05-2010, 12:12 PM
so pathetically poor that it angers me.
Me too. I know people make mistakes but its embarrasing.

The other massive fails that journos seem to do is putting the wrong pictures up.

Usually with the black lads. The amount of times I've seen a report about someone like Jobi McAnuff with of Lewis Grabban :rolleyes:

hoskingt
08-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Scott Dann plays for Birmingham. I dont like articles that arent 100% correct. Thats my only hope on Danns stayin here.

The Gerry Queen
08-05-2010, 01:08 PM

By Sportsmail Reporter

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

Looks like someone had avery late night and couldn't do his work properly. The days when a sports editor had final say on whatever crap the wannabee sports writers come up with are well and truly over .

spt1978
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
£1.5m would be a good price though.

917L
08-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Has Clint actually gone then, or is it unsubstantiated rumour?

Its an unsubstantiated rumour

Christ knows why people keep trotting it out as fact

montstar
08-05-2010, 01:32 PM
so pathetically poor that it angers me. Scott Dann is a Birmingham City centre half.

To be fair though still wrong thats just the caption under the photo if you click the link

PeterH
08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Let's wait a month before worrying about this. Perhaps two.

Why would clubs pay these players wages they don't have to.

SE25Eagle
08-05-2010, 04:59 PM
£1.5m would be a good price though.

I'd say he was worth more than that to be honest.

gadford4th
08-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Why would we need to replace him if isn't leaving?:confused:

What I meant is that Clint has been an excellent servant to the club but sadly I think his best years are behind him. I wouldn't be sad to see him go so long as we signed a mid-twenties replacement, which I cannot see us doing due to our financial situation.

Jason
08-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Let's wait a month before worrying about this. Perhaps two.

Why would clubs pay these players wages they don't have to.

Probably because by buying now on "cash up front" terms, they can get the player at a discount to their value in a more normal situation.If that discount exceeds the cost of wages over the summer, then they have made an overall saving by buying early.

maxpower
08-05-2010, 09:23 PM
BRENDAN Guilfoyle's report to Crystal Palace's creditors has some interesting revelations -not least the compensation figure hammered out for former boss Neil Warnock.

Chairman Simon Jordan often boasted of a £1million clause to prise the experienced manager away from Selhurst Park.

But the report shows that QPR paid just £200,000 to initially lure Warnock to Loftus Road in March. There will be two further payments -both for the same sum -on June 1 2010 and if the west London outfit win promotion to the Premier League within the next two seasons.

Is that all

the kooch
08-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah it's 400k, isn't that what was reported?

The Gerry Queen
08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah it's 400k, isn't that what was reported?

The £1m was just another unsustainable deal which Simon Jordan left the Club with. In the circumstances £400k this year and £200k if he gets them promoted wasn't bad really. We are of course never going to see the £200k for their promotion as they will have got shot of Neil Warnock long before their impatient owners and fans relaise that it took him six years to achieve his one and only Championship promotion.

cockles
08-05-2010, 11:20 PM
.... Neil Warnock long before their impatient owners and fans relaise that it took him six years to achieve his one and only Championship promotion.

And Notts County?

The Gerry Queen
09-05-2010, 09:25 AM
And Notts County?

Forgot that ! OK. Two Championship promotions since 1989 followed by two relegations after one season. In fairness he had two unsuccessful play offs as well as we know.
I still don't know how he ended up with a three year contract at QPR. I would bet money on him leaving at the end of next season.

PeterH
09-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Probably because by buying now on "cash up front" terms, they can get the player at a discount to their value in a more normal situation.If that discount exceeds the cost of wages over the summer, then they have made an overall saving by buying early.

But he can agree the deal on the quiet before then, and QPR can sort out the paperwork after the WC.

That goes for any of the players.

I still reckon it will be several weeks before we lose a player officially. Until then we should just relax and enjoy the WC.

FROM A MUSH
10-05-2010, 04:37 PM
FIRSTLY-CONGRATS ON STAYING UP....MUCH RATHER A LONDON TEAM TO TRAVEL TO INSTEAD OF THOSE INBRED YORKSHITE SCUM. SECONDLY-I RECKON YOUR PANICKING TOO MUCH OVER WHO WE MIGHT SIGN....THE TRUTH IS OTHER TEAMS WILL ALSO BE LOOKING AT SOME OF YOUR PLAYERS. THIRDLY-WE HAVE BEEN PROMISED BIG MONEY IN THE PAST AND NOTHING CAME OF IT!!

EMLEY EAGLE
11-05-2010, 10:21 AM
FIRSTLY-CONGRATS ON STAYING UP....MUCH RATHER A LONDON TEAM TO TRAVEL TO INSTEAD OF THOSE INBRED YORKSHITE SCUM. SECONDLY-I RECKON YOUR PANICKING TOO MUCH OVER WHO WE MIGHT SIGN....THE TRUTH IS OTHER TEAMS WILL ALSO BE LOOKING AT SOME OF YOUR PLAYERS. THIRDLY-WE HAVE BEEN PROMISED BIG MONEY IN THE PAST AND NOTHING CAME OF IT!!

Capital!