PDA

View Full Version : This always happens but here I go

Ron Dogers
16-05-2010, 06:55 PM
I get fed up with armchair fans watching a game and then suggesting we sign anyone who has half a decent game but having seen the Div 2 play offs and then the Blue Sq final I was amazed at the better football played by the non-league guys.

We could easily need some cheapie buys if we as anticipated need to assemble most of a squad for nest season

The CF for York who lost, Richard Brodie was a handful and the central Midfield Levi Mackin who like Brodie is in his mid 20s looked really combative and also capable of putting his foot on the ball and also using it well/

May be a step too far, who knows but rather those hungry guys in the squad than has beens

joshuah
16-05-2010, 06:59 PM
It's a different league, they may seem a 'handful' in a playoff semi-final in league 2, blue square divisions. But Championship football is a whole different ball game, its more competitive, harder to play flowing football as teams just go compact and a variety of other reasons.

It's not as simple as, play better football, get some hungry lads who can perform in lower divisions to play for us on the cheap or every team would do it.

Mister Parks
16-05-2010, 07:02 PM
But they're northern :clown:

peagle
16-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I definitely agree with the sentiment of this thread which is that you can make good, cheap signings from lower leagues who will come up and succeed.

dannyboy1807
16-05-2010, 07:12 PM
That Green for Dag & Red looked useful.

Nelson Muntz
16-05-2010, 07:16 PM
The quality from the Blue Square play off was much higher than the Div 2 game.

Ron Dogers
16-05-2010, 07:17 PM
It's a different league, they may seem a 'handful' in a playoff semi-final in league 2, blue square divisions. But Championship football is a whole different ball game, its more competitive, harder to play flowing football as teams just go compact and a variety of other reasons.

It's not as simple as, play better football, get some hungry lads who can perform in lower divisions to play for us on the cheap or every team would do it.

Yeah I know that! Final by the way, not semi and at the top of non league football.

As I said Oxford and York kept it on the deck when they could, far, far better than the Daggers game earlier that had no good football and no standout players

Love to keep most of the squad or sign some intergalacticos but we could easily need quite a lot of players to start the season just to have a squad. A few at a few hundred k and low wages may be what we have to turn to

The final was very competitive, less time on the ball than many get at SP in my experience and good players DO make it up from non league if you look carefully.

We finished games towards the end of last season without a forward to call on and could do with another midfielder who can put his foot in and can pass so who would you suggest for low fees/wages?

Mr Wright wasn't bad, DJ Campbell, the fella at Wolves, Knightly, Adam Boyd the Palace fan hovering between Peterboro and Forest

Biggineagle
16-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Would love to find a diamond amongst the lower divisions, sure we are gonna pick a few naffs. But someone who has spunk and fight, and skill is rare down there. Much rather that tho than sign a aged journeyman just looking for a final payday from the club. If they are shite we can have a laugh, but to have that feeling of "hang on he is well handy" can not be beaten.

joshuah
16-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah I know that! Final by the way, not semi and at the top of non league football.

As I said Oxford and York kept it on the deck when they could, far, far better than the Daggers game earlier that had no good football and no standout players

Love to keep most of the squad or sign some intergalacticos but we could easily need quite a lot of players to start the season just to have a squad. A few at a few hundred k and low wages may be what we have to turn to

The final was very competitive, less time on the ball than many get at SP in my experience and good players DO make it up from non league if you look carefully.

We finished games towards the end of last season without a forward to call on and could do with another midfielder who can put his foot in and can pass so who would you suggest for low fees/wages?

Mr Wright wasn't bad, DJ Campbell, the fella at Wolves, Knightly, Adam Boyd the Palace fan hovering between Peterboro and Forest
To be fair, i didn't watch the finals or semi's from the lower leagues so you could be completely right :)

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2010, 10:08 PM
That Green for Dag & Red looked useful.

Are you Taylor in disguise? ;)