PDA

View Full Version : Darren Ambrose is an Eagle

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Il Padrino
19-05-2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/sport/EXCLUSIVE-Ambrose-set-QPR/article-2177769-detail/article.html

FraserH
19-05-2010, 02:02 PM
and so it begins.

with this and talksport story we may well still be fecked :(

Il Padrino
19-05-2010, 02:04 PM
What talksport story?

Icy
19-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Tell em to **** off. So much for Warnock not raiding the club.

delboy01
19-05-2010, 02:05 PM
750,000 :veryangry

Dick turpin is alive and living in west london!!!

FraserH
19-05-2010, 02:06 PM
What talksport story?

saying we will start next season in admin apparently, i am only going off the thread in GPD

SJ'sLoveMonkey
19-05-2010, 02:06 PM
750,000 :veryangry

Dick turpin is alive and living in west london!!!

Yep took the words out of my mouth del :grrr:

David of Kent
19-05-2010, 02:08 PM
As with a house, he's only worth whatever any one will actually pay for him. I'm hoping therefore that other clubs see this and it promotes more interest, certainly should do considering his goals record from midfield last season

Owngoal
19-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Steve Parrish would not want to see one of our small group of gems go so cheaply. Don't belive this is anything but speculation.

Dingle
19-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Even in admin, I feel we should be looking towards the 1 - 1.25 mil mark considering he still has at least a couple of years left on his contract. If we don't get an input of money I imagine the administrator wants him to go though as he is probably a high earner so if we sell him, that's a few thousand a week off the wage bill we don't have to worry about paying.

This is depressing reading though. It would not surprise me to see Ambrose, Clyne, Speroni, Danns and Hill all at QPR next season :(

ANDI29
19-05-2010, 02:16 PM
I dont understand this reading some of the quotes yesterday cpfc2010 have agreed to finance the club

Matt_Hep
19-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I dont understand this reading some of the quotes yesterday cpfc2010 have agreed to finance the club

They won't finance the club intil the CVA is agreed.

rhynoeagle
19-05-2010, 02:20 PM
The race against time begins..

Gooders
19-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Even if the takeover goes through the wage bill has to be trimmed so I'm fully reconciled to the departure of our highest earners, and that would obviously include Ambrose.

I do think, however, that he could do far, far better than the pooperhoops.

m_reid
19-05-2010, 02:23 PM
750,000 is laughable

David of Kent
19-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Even in admin, I feel we should be looking towards the 1 - 1.25 mil mark considering he still has at least a couple of years left on his contract.

I stand to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure we got him only on a 2 year deal last summer

sw16girl
19-05-2010, 02:26 PM

On Monday they did, On Tuesday they didn't due to concerns over the CVA - of which see the many threads as to SJ's role in this as villain/hero/somewhere in the middle.

917L
19-05-2010, 02:28 PM
DARREN Ambrose will be sold to Queens Park Rangers next week unless the consortium trying to rescue Crystal Palace agree to fund the club through the summer

I think that will be resolved one way or another by then

The Bishop
19-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Even if the takeover goes through the wage bill has to be trimmed so I'm fully reconciled to the departure of our highest earners, and that would obviously include Ambrose.

I do think, however, that he could do far, far better than the pooperhoops.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agree with all this.

Think we'll adopt the old policy of buying from the lower leagues/non-league and will continue to develop our own youngsters. It's the only way for a club of our size to go.

Will S
19-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I've been fully reconciled to losing our best players for some months. But still; a 20 goal midfielder for the price of a month's wages....

eagle101
19-05-2010, 03:18 PM
:veryangry

All the while Warnock was with us, he was saying about how Ambrose would be worth about 2m or whatever, or that he was priceless, and then he returns to try and get him for just 750k, purely because he knows how desperate our situation is.

Disgusting.

FORZA SELHURST
19-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't look at this as a negative thing. If there's ongoing problems with cva/funding then there's something on the table, an alternative. That's not a bad thing.

Dal
19-05-2010, 03:33 PM
And you never know, other clubs might be interested, and then we've got a mini auction going on.

Not ideal, but certainly not the worst case scenario.

Personally, I think Ambrose decided to leave quite a while ago.

Dal
19-05-2010, 03:33 PM
DOUBLE POST - SOZ

Biggineagle
19-05-2010, 03:37 PM
On Monday they did, On Tuesday they didn't due to concerns over the CVA - of which see the many threads as to SJ's role in this as villain/hero/somewhere in the middle.

So its Simons fault we now have to sell our players??

Thanks simon, club wont be worth a bean soon cos of your need to be in the limelight.

So much for not wanting to hurt the club eh?:veryangry

jhc
19-05-2010, 03:38 PM
This won't happen next week.
Nothing will be decided on player departures until the creditor's meeting on 3rd June.
If the CVA is accepted and the takeover is confirmed, CPFC2010 will fund the club until it has all been completed. Assuming that happens, it seems unlikely that they will want to sell one of the club's main assets, and certainly not for 750,000.

zuper zalace
19-05-2010, 03:46 PM
And you never know, other clubs might be interested, and then we've got a mini auction going on.

Not ideal, but certainly not the worst case scenario.

Personally, I think Ambrose decided to leave quite a while ago.

if he goes to QPR then he has no class and i will boo him.

if he leaves for a prem side then fair enough

philsick
19-05-2010, 04:04 PM
If true 750k for a youngish championship midfielder with 20 goals this season after 1yr of his contract,is taking the piss.

Colin wanker.

Chris K
19-05-2010, 04:17 PM
the pisstaking nothern ****whit **** 750k for a 20 goal midfielder is a joke

thereichstuff
19-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Nothing will be decided on player departures until the creditor's meeting on 3rd June.
If the CVA is accepted and the takeover is confirmed, CPFC2010 will fund the club until it has all been completed. Assuming that happens, it seems unlikely that they will want to sell one of the club's main assets, and certainly not for 750,000. thank you jhc , there speakes the voice of reason . Do you honestly think the consortium will let their main asset go for that ? not a chance , they are shrewd bussinesmen who know what they are doing . As for warnock , he can do one , im down cornwall next week i hope i see him !

glaziers fan
19-05-2010, 04:20 PM
He only started playing well in open play once Warnock had gone. **** off neil.

If necessary could the trust finance it with the understanding that if the cva goes thru the new owners will pay us back or if it doesn't we will have money when ambrose is sold?

IanH
19-05-2010, 04:23 PM
One season wonder :p

jams1234
19-05-2010, 04:29 PM
**** off Neil.

I'm in love with you Darren, please don't leave. You're in my name and everything :sob:

TopKnot
19-05-2010, 04:29 PM
If the CVA is accepted and the takeover is confirmed, CPFC2010 will fund the club until it has all been completed. Assuming that happens, it seems unlikely that they will want to sell one of the club's main assets, and certainly not for 750,000.

That's what I was hoping someone would confirm. Would be a pretty stupid move on everyone's part to sell one of the club's biggest assets for a cut price this close to a potential takeover surely!

If they want our best players they better step up and pay what they are worth...!

AJ
19-05-2010, 04:37 PM
1yr of his contract,is taking the piss.

Colin wanker.

....with only 1 year remaining.

eagle101
19-05-2010, 04:43 PM

May's wages?

CPFC2010 saying that they now won't fund the club over summer unless sure of a CVA?

Jason
19-05-2010, 05:03 PM
If true 750k for a youngish championship midfielder with 20 goals this season after 1yr of his contract,is taking the piss.

Colin wanker.

Alternatively, it's 750k for a player who was on a free 12 Months ago, has had one good season in the last four, and has 12 Months left of a contract on wages that are probably unaffordable for his current club.

I'm not saying that I see 750k as the correct valuation, but even if we're taken over, the current wage bill is probably unsustainable. As such, very high earners like Ambrose probably eventually move on as part of a process of adjusting to a more realistic footing. The question is whether it is better to sell players like Ambrose, Speronim, and Danns now, or whether their value to the team is such that it is better to keep them (and their wages!) for this season and let them probably walk for nothing next summer.

It's a difficult balancing act, and I doubt that a takeover will prevent there being a couple of high profile departures this summer.

Absolution
19-05-2010, 05:30 PM
All we can do is wait and see.

We will have to balance players wages/value against what they can produce on the field. In Ambrose's case, he is essential to the team on the field as it stands.

If Warnock tries to sign him (hopefully) after a takeover, I would want to see the valuation double at least.

sw16girl
19-05-2010, 06:02 PM

Is that inside info as it wasn't what BG said at the meeting yesterday.

I am also braced for the fact that the consortium may be prepared to see some of our higher earners go for not that much money just to get them off the books.

swissroll
19-05-2010, 08:13 PM
750k now, nothing next summer. Take the chance we find the goals from somewhere else in 2010/2011 or hold off a year and have no choice?

If CPFC2010 are going to run the club sensibly - then we lose good players to clubs who will pay wages beyond what their finances allow and who rely on their owners (just like we did).

Next season will be very hard.

gold76
19-05-2010, 08:15 PM
750k now, nothing next summer. Take the chance we find the goals from somewhere else in 2010/2011 or hold off a year and have no choice?

If CPFC2010 are going to run the club sensibly - then we lose good players to clubs who will pay wages beyond what their finances allow and who rely on their owners (just like we did).

Next season will be very hard.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, however I'd like the prospective fee recieved to be at least 1 million

750k is a steal for a 20 goal midfielder

nomad
19-05-2010, 08:19 PM
He only started playing well in open play once Warnock had gone. **** off neil.

If necessary could the trust finance it with the understanding that if the cva goes thru the new owners will pay us back or if it doesn't we will have money when ambrose is sold?

Neil? No, **** off Colin. All this crap about hoping Palace survive and he took his 30 pieces of silver and b*****d off. Funny how he blamed it all on BG and wouldn't admit he was off for a better deal. Paul Hart, you are a legend (wouldn't want you permanently though) and thanks for keeping us up.

cpfcfan1
20-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan is trying to beat his old club Celtic to sign Crystal Palace's goalscoring midfielder Darren Ambrose - and land keeper Julian Speroni in a double deal.

Boro made an inquiry for Ambrose yesterday and want permission to speak with him - and Palace's administrator is under growing pressure to raise funds.

Celtic will make their move once they officially appoint Neil Lennon as manager and Strachan is trying to take advantage of that time-scale to step in and tie up a move for Ambrose in the next few days.

Strachan is also bidding to sign Palace's Argentinian keeper Speroni. He wants to beat West Ham to him by offering first-team football.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Middlesbrough-bid-to-hijack-Celtic-s-deal-for-Crystal-Palace-star-Darren-Ambrose-article431313.html

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
20-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Come on Parish and co. don't let this happen.

Ambrose is an eagle :lux:

Palace Kebab
20-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Given the circumstances, Ambrose is likely to be sold and i would support this decision. Realistically, i suspect someone has to go and it is better to be one or two that can command a decent fee rather than complete decimation. In January the amount of money flying around for transfers was dramatically down year on year, I can't see why this summer will be much different. I think we can push the price higher than the current reported figure and there will not be many transfers circa 1m in our division.

If it means we can get back on a solid financial footing and ensure a longer term sustainable future with a chance of some success, it is a necessary sacrifice.

Matt_Hep
20-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan is trying to beat his old club Celtic to sign Crystal Palace's goalscoring midfielder Darren Ambrose - and land keeper Julian Speroni in a double deal.

'Boro and Strachan can get to fvck.

If we get the CVA sorted, club takeover etc. Palace is as good a club to play for. The timing of all this is getting desperate now.

Does anyone know the timeline for takeover etc?

Palestinian
20-05-2010, 11:35 AM
May's wages?

CPFC2010 saying that they now won't fund the club over summer unless sure of a CVA?
That was/still is my fear - seems to be common knowledge that we have to find 800k a month over summer to balance books; CPFC (2010) no longer willing to fund as Jordan is messing around over the CVA; 750K will pay May's wages.
As others have said, in any case, as he was on a free his wages may be relatively high & if the CPFC (2010) deal goes through they will probably want to reuce the wage bill.

Bobsta
20-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Rather sell danns tbh.

Absolution
20-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Rather sell danns tbh.No way, Ambrose may have the end product but Danns is the one running the midfield.

We would be a much poorer side without him.

Shipp Ahoy!
20-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Dare I say him going could be best for the long term future of the club?

He is reportedly on approx. 13k a week, taking that off the wage bill would look a lot healthier on the books. Gone are the days we offer these wages, I suspect if future we won't offer half this amount.

Would be disappointed if we don't get at least a million for him though.

GTR
20-05-2010, 12:01 PM
if he goes to QPR then he has no class and i will boo him.

This is totally unfair. If he goes to QPR it is because the club (and effectively this means CPFC2010 and/or Brendan at this stage) actively wished to sell him. I've seen nothing to suggest that Ambrose has been angling for a move.

Yes - losing our assets on the cheap will hurt if it comes to that but a deal like this will or won't be done on the basis of cash flow, the wage bill and the likelihood of a CVA, not the desires of individual players.

AJ
What is depressing is that if Ambrose goes for 750k, that amount of money will be gone in less than 30 days on just 1 months wages:(

Absolution
If we should to sell him after a takeover, that's an entirely different matter.

At least then it wouldn't feel like daylight robbery, and should add more to the price.

eagle101
20-05-2010, 12:07 PM
1m should be the minimum we look for IMO.

That's if this is true.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
20-05-2010, 01:03 PM
What is depressing is that if Ambrose goes for 750k, that amount of money will be gone in less than 30 days on just 1 months wages:(

Although that's where selling some of our 'better' players could have added value.

You get the transfer dosh, and the wage bill goes down noticeably too.

rhynoeagle
20-05-2010, 03:43 PM
He wont go, im certain of it :D

spt1978
20-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Rather sell danns tbh.

Agreed.

philsick
20-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Ambrose scores more goals,but danns is a far better player IMO.I hope we can keep them both.

Captain Pizza
20-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Wages in football are ridiculous and the sooner they start to fall the better for everyone. 13k a week (i.e. c700k per year) is just absurd. How can any player in any mid-table second-tier side actually be worth that?

Chris K
20-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Wages in football are ridiculous and the sooner they start to fall the better for everyone. 13k a week (i.e. c700k per year) is just absurd. How can any player in any mid-table second-tier side actually be worth that?

Take away the goals he scores this season and see where in the league we'd have ended up and then how much money was lost. Thats how much he is worth

zuper zalace
20-05-2010, 04:00 PM
ambrose over danns any day of the week.

both good players but Danns tends to either be the best player or the worst, he's never in between.

Steve_CPFC
20-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Any one up for going round Warnocks house in palace tops, looking really sad and hoping he takes pity on us and stops trying to nick all of our players?

AJ
20-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Any one up for going round Warnocks house in palace tops, looking really sad and hoping he takes pity on us and stops trying to nick all of our players?

In all fairness NW may be helping Palace and the takeover. NW has offered a reasonable price(compared to say 200k) for a high paid player. This reduces the wage bill, pays Mays wages and prevents CPFC2010 having to sell the players once they take over.

GreatGonzo
20-05-2010, 04:59 PM
For a player who takes as many set pieces as him, including the penalties, 15 goals and 8 assists in 44 league appearances is not as impressive as many make out.

If he is earning as much as has been speculated then if the money is right then a deal may not be a bad idea.

David Amsalem
20-05-2010, 05:11 PM
For a player who takes as many set pieces as him, including the penalties, 15 goals and 8 assists in 44 league appearances is not as impressive as many make out.

If he is earning as much as has been speculated then if the money is right then a deal may not be a bad idea.

An unbelievably stupid post.

cpfcfan1
20-05-2010, 05:13 PM
We lose Ambrose we loose for me the spine of the team, a great player with a great work ethic, not always the best player on the pitch but a player who can come up with a goal out of nothing

Please stay Darren :(

Son of Ron
20-05-2010, 05:23 PM
750k is just exploitation of our situation. Lets look at Peter Whittingham; another decent midfielder who scored a load of goals this season. Now Cardiff are in the financial doo-doo, esp. if they don't win the playoff final - but I bet they'd manage to flog him for 3m not being in admin.....yet.

Gooders
20-05-2010, 05:41 PM
******* hell Gonz you get worse. When are you going to grow out of this need to be controversial?

Ambrose is Premier League class and will be a huge miss next season.

eagle101
20-05-2010, 05:44 PM

LOL :vader::afro::p:clown:

budgie
20-05-2010, 05:59 PM

look at me, look at me.

Talk about an attention seeker.

ThisIsDoM
20-05-2010, 06:26 PM

That's an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. Besides, I'm pretty sure he only scored like 2 penalties in the league. His corners were class and its not his fault if they aren't converted by his teammates and I don't know many players who can regularly score free-kicks.

Beatleboy
20-05-2010, 06:40 PM

Not sure I agree with that GG.

We rely on his excellent (and consistent!) taking of quality corners, free kicks and penalties. His set piece play is better than Ben Watson's ever was. In addition, he is technically very gifted ( look at his goal in that crucial Sheff Wed game - calmness personified in a pressure cooker environment).

Plus 20 goals from midfield.

That's pretty impressive to me!

Mong!
20-05-2010, 06:56 PM

Simply unbelievable...

CPFC987
20-05-2010, 07:06 PM

:S: Attention seeking much?

MasterYoda
21-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Ambrose has only really excelled at Palace. He showed flashes early in his career but until he came here he was on the way down.

There's every chance it might not click for him elsewhere - the grass isn't always greener.

Icy
21-05-2010, 08:06 AM
look at me, look at me.

Talk about an attention seeker.

Stupidity and attention seeking are not the same thing. Thats not to say either are mutually exclusive. :D

gold76
21-05-2010, 09:24 AM
It's a shame most of our key players are either out of contract or have a year to go.

If, as has been suggested, Ambrose is on more than 10k a week, he'll have to go to the highest bidder.

CPFC2010 are all about prudence it would seem.

rbarmy
21-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Let's just wait and see; you can be sure that 99% of this transfer talk is ....

lazy journalist saw Palace players playing out of their skins against Wolves, Villa and Wednesday, knows that there have been financial problems, hey Warnock's usually newsworthy, can't be arsed to get out of bed let's mail some crap over to the sports' editor to get him off my back.....

sydnsteve
21-05-2010, 09:42 AM
As he has only a year to go, and we paid nothing for him, I don't see 750k as that outrageous. And if he is as good as evryone says, then others will up the ante. I'd rather keep him, but we do have to cut the wage bill.

Jay_Palace
21-05-2010, 09:45 AM
As he has only a year to go, and we paid nothing for him, I don't see 750k as that outrageous. And if he is as good as evryone says, then others will up the ante. I'd rather keep him, but we do have to cut the wage bill.

The wage bill at the club is not that ott though. I don't think we will see any outgoing activity until it is determined whether or not this CVA proposal is likely to be accepted.

Owngoal
21-05-2010, 10:21 AM
17 grand on Kuqi was over the top. You have to pay for someone who creates and scores. There are no obvious replacements out there. Still think this is pointless speculation unless the takeover goes t*ts up

Scroatey
21-05-2010, 10:28 AM
For a player who takes as many set pieces as him, including the penalties, 15 goals and 8 assists in 44 league appearances is not as impressive as many make out.I just laughed so hard a bit of wee came out :D

Jason
21-05-2010, 11:07 AM
The wage bill at the club is not that ott though. I don't think we will see any outgoing activity until it is determined whether or not this CVA proposal is likely to be accepted.

I think Steve is actually bang on then money here. The main reason we are in trouble is that the wage bill is too high. The ground situation is a big issue (which will hopefully now be resolved). and having to pay to service debt is also a problem. The key issue though, is the wage bill. Fail to sort that out, and even if the takeover goes through, then short of a major league sugar daddy, it's only a matter of time before we end up insolvent again.

In the longer term, we simply can't be paying anybody the kind of money Ambrose appears to earn. It's nothing to do with how good he is or isn't, it's about what we can afford. In that context, taking the best deal we can get to reduce the wage bill (and raise short term cash) may reluctantly be the best way forward

TheMexicanHorse
21-05-2010, 11:24 AM
I think Steve is actually bang on then money here. The main reason we are in trouble is that the wage bill is too high. The ground situation is a big issue (which will hopefully now be resolved). and having to pay to service debt is also a problem. The key issue though, is the wage bill. Fail to sort that out, and even if the takeover goes through, then short of a major league sugar daddy, it's only a matter of time before we end up insolvent again.

In the longer term, we simply can't be paying anybody the kind of money Ambrose appears to earn. It's nothing to do with how good he is or isn't, it's about what we can afford. In that context, taking the best deal we can get to reduce the wage bill (and raise short term cash) may reluctantly be the best way forward

The frightening thing is that our wage bill is in the lower end of the table for a championship club!

The likes of Reading, QPR, Sheff Utd, Derby & Ipswich have 10M+ plus wage bills!

:eek:

Will S
21-05-2010, 11:52 AM
I always find it interesting this issue of 'living within your means'. If you take it literally - only spending what you earn - then we probably should have the economy of a League One or Two club. I'm guessing that wouldn't be acceptable to many...

Gooders
21-05-2010, 12:13 PM
I always find it interesting this issue of 'living within your means'. If you take it literally - only spending what you earn - then we probably should have the economy of a League One or Two club. I'm guessing that wouldn't be acceptable to many...

Tough though, isn't it?

From what has come out of the woodwork about our debts, clearly we should not have signed Kuqi, Lee, Ambrose, Danns and no doubt a fair few others - these players are and were quite simply beyond our means.

sw16girl
21-05-2010, 12:21 PM
The frightening thing is that our wage bill is in the lower end of the table for a championship club!

The likes of Reading, QPR, Sheff Utd, Derby & Ipswich have 10M+ plus wage bills!

:eek:

So do we - try multiplying 800k by 12 and then adding the 750k pa bonuses!

And a lot of clubs do not have that kind of wage bill - we have to become one of those clubs. It is going to get more difficult though the 4 year parachute payments are going to kill clubs like Palace's chances of making the prem other than if we have a really really lucky streak.

Crunchie
21-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Tough though, isn't it?

From what has come out of the woodwork about our debts, clearly we should not have signed Kuqi, Lee, Ambrose, Danns and no doubt a fair few others - these players are and were quite simply beyond our means.

Thats the rock and a hard place.

Lets hope the take over happens soon, and leave it up to CPFC2010 to decide, whether it is a good idea to keep these players on higher wages that we could possibly afford, (or not) as they are only a few players left on good contracts, or do we purchase good lower league players for a small(er) transfer fee.

Although I do appreciate there will be alot of free transfers about, but we still might not be able to afford, due to their inflated wages as they are on a free.

Still hopefully football will change soon, as there are so many other clubs in trouble.

If Lee is on high wages, then he is easily replaceable..

Ambrose, Danns and Speroni aren't so replaceable so it will be interesting to decide what CPFC2010 will do, if the takeover goes through. Wouldn't blame though if they did sell, as long as they are not sold on the cheap.

I am sure though that everyone agrees that players already out of contract like Butterfield , Derry etc, will have to accept lower wages, or they can leave.

Gerry from Sussex
21-05-2010, 12:36 PM

You are probably right. But, if that's how CPFC2010 are going to run the club then we will have to get used to it. Sure, it will be frustrating if we fall behind in the promotion chase. But, if/when that happens, we should step back and remind ourselves of what the alternative is - flirting with oblivion again. I know which I prefer!!

It is not all doom and gloom though because, if the takeover does go ahead we will have the ground back which not only means an end to the rental payments but also an opportunity to increase revenue if the stadium is used more effectively (which shouldn't be difficult compared to how it has been up to now). Plus, surely the rest of the championship will have to start balancing their books sooner or later so the playing field might level out a bit in a few years (except for the distortions produced by the parachute payments but not much we can do about that one and, in any case, I still live in hope that the FL will show some balls and get a fairer dividend for the rest of the league clubs in return for agreeing this nice little premier league insurance policy).

Crunchie
21-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I still live in hope that the FL will show some balls and get a fairer dividend for the rest of the league clubs in return for agreeing this nice little premier league insurance policy).

Good Post.

I also hope that includes League one and two too.

Football needs a fairer distribution with the money that floats around.

Born to be Sad
21-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Steve Parrish would not want to see one of our small group of gems go so cheaply. Don't belive this is anything but speculation.
I think you may be wrong, the consortium will want to start with the lowest possible overheads, and make the own decisions on what we can afford to pay players, and no doubt Ambrose will be on a good amount.

I think a lot of supporters will need to re-adjust their thoughts on what we can and cannot afford, and I for one will welcome owners to put the finances 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Its always sad to see good players leave, but it's hardly new eh!

Born to be Sad
21-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Good Post.

Society needs a fairer distribution of money, but I can't see football being the forerunner in that field. The rich will get richer

Gerry from Sussex
21-05-2010, 12:50 PM

Lets hope the take over happens soon, and leave it up to CPFC2010 to decide, whether it is a good idea to keep these players on higher wages that we could possibly afford, (or not) as they are only a few players left on good contracts, or do we purchase good lower league players for a small(er) transfer fee.

Although I do appreciate there will be alot of free transfers about, but we still might not be able to afford, due to their inflated wages as they are on a free.

Still hopefully football will change soon, as there are so many other clubs in trouble.

Ambrose, Danns and Speroni aren't so replaceable so it will be interesting to decide what CPFC2010 will do, if the takeover goes through. Wouldn't blame though if they did sell, as long as they are not sold on the cheap.

I am sure though that everyone agrees that players already out of contract like Butterfield , Derry etc, will have to accept lower wages, or they can leave.

It's a question of having to. I will be really sorry to lose pretty much any of the current squad considering what we have been through and the special bond they have with the fans. But, if we can't afford them, then that's the reality we will have to face. Obviously spotting one or two gems from the lower leages might help but it's easier said than done because every one else is after them as well and you never know if they will cut it until you have already bought them. Personally I hope CPFC2010 look to build long term on the academy as that's a proven formula and much less of a risk financially. I'm not saying we could build a whole team that way like we did in the late 70s because football has changed and we would never have a chance in hell of keeping that many young stars together for any length of time these days. But, it is realistic to build a core of good young players supplemented by less talented maybe but more experienced pros to provide a bit of solidity while they find their feet. It's a longer term approach but one that is much more likely to enable the club to grow in a sustainable way in my view.

Gerry from Sussex
21-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Good Post.

Yes, I mean for the whole football league.

catman1971
21-05-2010, 12:56 PM
It's a question of having to. I will be really sorry to lose pretty much any of the current squad considering what we have been through and the special bond they have with the fans. But, if we can't afford them, then that's the reality we will have to face. Obviously spotting one or two gems from the lower leages might help but it's easier said than done because every one else is after them as well and you never know if they will cut it until you have already bought them. Personally I hope CPFC2010 look to build long term on the academy as that's a proven formula and much less of a risk financially. I'm not saying we could build a whole team that way like we did in the late 70s because football has changed and we would never have a chance in hell of keeping that many young stars together for any length of time these days. But, it is realistic to build a core of good young players supplemented by less talented maybe but more experienced pros to provide a bit of solidity while they find their feet. It's a longer term approach but one that is much more likely to enable the club to grow in a sustainable way in my view.
end of the day we need to budget to what we can afford.lets make tickets 20 pounds all ground kids oap 5 pounds.lets fill the ground get the kids in.

Born to be Sad
21-05-2010, 12:56 PM

It all comes down to a very simple choice. Spend above your means and cease to exist of keep the books straight and play in L1

That does not mean you can't borrow to buy, but it means you must be able to meet the payments

The Omen
21-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Thing about the price for Ambrose... a player is only worth what people are willing to pay.

If we need the money and Ambrose is a wanted man, his price will go higher. If only QPR are interested, it might be a case of taking what's given sadly.

Glazier69
21-05-2010, 01:04 PM
end of the day we need to budget to what we can afford.lets make tickets 20 pounds all ground kids oap 5 pounds.lets fill the ground get the kids in.

More likely to charge 40 and 10 and have a half full ground :p

GreatGonzo
21-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Not sure I agree with that GG.

We rely on his excellent (and consistent!) taking of quality corners, free kicks and penalties. His set piece play is better than Ben Watson's ever was. In addition, he is technically very gifted ( look at his goal in that crucial Sheff Wed game - calmness personified in a pressure cooker environment).

Plus 20 goals from midfield.

That's pretty impressive to me!

You argue he is better than Watson, i dispute that. His corners are IMO no better than Ben's and we have little variation from free-kicks, Darren will either blast it or try and place it from anywahere within 35 yards. The reason he scored so many was partially down to the fact he was given the most opportunities at goal. Both Danns and Lee were better at hitting the target with chances than Ambrose.

Either we go into next season with are attacks formed around scoring goals from free kicks or we go for a more team orientated team build-up. If you go for the former then yes you need Ambrose but if you are looking to change the way we play he does not look as good in general play IMO. Therefore yes if the money was right, both income into the club AND reduction of one of our 2 highest earners then yes selling makes a lot of sense.

I would look to see how many offers we could get in and look to sell at higher than 1m-1.25m, money now.

To those who say he is a premiership player i would ask on what basis as he has played there yes, but flopped at both clubs.

AJ
21-05-2010, 02:25 PM

IMO the only way to give all clubs a fair chance is to create a wage cap/spending cap that is equal to all clubs. Some clubs will then make a profit while others break even. I see no point in having a league structure whereby the richest teams win everything.

AJ
21-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Why oh why can't one club offer silly money for one of our players. I see Villa reportedly turning down over 20m for Millner. We don't need 20m, but, one [accepted] bid of 8m for Ambrose would solve almost all our financial problems.

Brod
21-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Another idea is a max of 25/30 paid professionals per club.

That'll stop the big clubs hoovering up practically anybody who kick a football just to stick them on the bench. Wages would fall too.

GreatGonzo
21-05-2010, 03:29 PM

That'll stop the big clubs hoovering up practically anybody who kick a football just to stick them on the bench. Wages would fall too.

Football is going the other way in some respects. Premiership clubs need 8 homegrown players in a 1st team squad of 25 so will buy up as many young home gron players as possible to ensure they have this.

I agree that you should have a limit of players on professional contracts at any club, 20 in the Conference up to 30 in the Premiership as well as Salary caps and a more equiable distribution of TV money. But they will never happen!

Would stop teams like Spurs stealing youngesters and never playing them. I would also have a rule in the contract that any player not making an appearance (unless injured) has the right to terminate the contract. Again that would stop teams buying a player now cos they might be good enough in 3/4 years.

Jason
21-05-2010, 04:07 PM

I'm not sure about that on either count to be honest. With the income we generate, we should be able to deliver. In 2008-9, Doncaster finished above us with a squad where nobody earned more than 3k per week. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to do the same.

What probably is true is that for the forseable future, we would be a club for whom success was surviving comfortably in this league. Personaly I'd take that in a heartbeat, but then, if the only way our colub could be sustainable was in League one, I'd take that too.

Adlerhorst
21-05-2010, 05:43 PM

That'll stop the big clubs hoovering up practically anybody who kick a football just to stick them on the bench. Wages would fall too.Rule 5 draft.

That's what you want.

Optimistic Kev
24-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Been given permission to speak to QPR.

Real shame, if not a surprise.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=18231&headline=Exclusive%3A

kolinkins
24-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Shame. Wonder if CPFC2010 will step in, or if they are happy that this buys them the time.

gold76
24-05-2010, 10:52 AM
a shame, but a neccessary evil

What a fine season he had, best free transfer ever?

This should just about cover the May wages & perhaps buy a little time

750k is a snip

GodstoneEagle
24-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Too cheap :(

LeeH
24-05-2010, 10:53 AM
a shame about the price but otherwise I don't think anybody was expecting anything else

Will S
24-05-2010, 10:55 AM
For a one season signing - it was a hell of a season. Thanks for your efforts, Darren.

Jimmy Eagle
24-05-2010, 10:55 AM
If this happens it will be a ******** disgrace. 750k is nothing more than daylight robbery. This makes me horribly miserable :(

dannyboy1807
24-05-2010, 10:57 AM
**** me 750k for a player who has scored 20 goals, i know wages need to be paid but **** me has he never heard of negotiating.

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Too cheap, but it's worth it if it keeps our club alive. Great free transfer as gold said.

kolinkins
24-05-2010, 10:59 AM
750k may seem cheap - but for a player we signed for free, for a club in admin and a player with 1 year left on his deal, it isn't too bad....

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 10:59 AM
**** me 750k for a player who has scored 20 goals, i know wages need to be paid but **** me has he never heard of negotiating.

Negotiate how? Everyone knows we have no revenue stream and a wage bill. What leverage do we have?

ardeo
24-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't think its too bad a fee really. I know ideally we would like more, and if we weren't in administration we would certainly get it, but, this is his first good season in quite a few years, and although his technical ability isn't under question his work rate is. I'll be sad to see him leave as you always felt that he provided a threat when on the field, but in a lot of games he also contributed very little. A great loss for us, more than the price, but certainly not a steal for QPR for a player who did very little before this last season.

glaziers fan
24-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Darren, REFUSE to go.
Trust, step in.
BG dont pay the players.

Any of these scenarios is better than allowing him speak to QPR. unreal. why have cpfc2010 not put funding in place? If this is how they mean to go on they may as well just liquidate us now and we can form CPFC2010 ourselves.

Voldo
24-05-2010, 11:06 AM
AMBROSE IS AN EAGLE
AMBROSE IS AN EAGLE.....

glaziers fan
24-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Ps. He was SHIT in open play for warnock. A lot better under Hart who at
least recognised he was a midfelder.

glaziers fan
24-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Ambrose was an eagle... Lalalala

Brod
24-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Seems a little on the cheap, but realistically, we were never going to keep either him or Lee. Their wages are far too high.

I imagine we'll be looking at a salary cap of 5k/week when (IF!) the consortium buy out completes. Get used to it.

glaziers fan
24-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't understand why warnock didn't offer 750k for ambrose AND danns AND clyne AND speroni. He's missed a trick cos BG would have sold the lot off to pay the wages of the rest.

cdm61
24-05-2010, 11:11 AM
He can't go until July 1st and no payment can be taken due to transfer window

Dal
24-05-2010, 11:13 AM
To be honest, I'd let Ambrose go if it meant keeping Speroni.

LeeH
24-05-2010, 11:15 AM
the best we can hope for is

he refuses to go
someone else (maybe a prem team) comes in for him offering better money - Blackpool could do worse than grab him for a season.

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 11:19 AM
he refuses to go
someone else (maybe a prem team) comes in for him offering better money - .

Why do you think a Prem team will offer more? It is common knowledge we have a wage bill to pay. Managers, despite what we may think are not thick. Unless we are bought (which it seems will take ages) players will have to eb sold. The first of these will be sold pretty much bang on whatever the wage bill is.

Gooders
24-05-2010, 11:19 AM
My Pooperhoops-supporting bookie has just told me he's had a text from a mate at the ground to say that Ambrose is there with his agent right now, discussing terms.

GodstoneEagle
24-05-2010, 11:20 AM
He can't go until July 1st and no payment can be taken due to transfer window
We can take payment. I'm sure of it.

Gooders
24-05-2010, 11:21 AM
And he agrees that 750k is an absolute steal.

LeeH
24-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Why do you think a Prem team will offer more? It is common knowledge we have a wage bill to pay. Managers, despite what we may think are not thick. Unless we are bought (which it seems will take ages) players will have to eb sold. The first of these will be sold pretty much bang on whatever the wage bill is.
I didn't say that I think they would - I said it was the best we could hope for.

But I get your point - if they see a price is agreed, then why pay more?

Dingle
24-05-2010, 11:26 AM
As gutted as I would be to lose Darren, I would rather him go than any of Speroni, Danns or Clyne.

Thank you for a great season Mr Ambrose and for scoring many, many important goals for us, none more so than the 2nd at Wednesday which had me celebrating like no Palace goal before has.

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I didn't say that I think they would - I said it was the best we could hope for.

But I get your point - if they see a price is agreed, then why pay more?

Sorry, Lee. At work, not giving reading the posts the full attention I should! Apologies.

LeeH
24-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Sorry, Lee. At work, not giving reading the posts the full attention I should!
Same as me then? :D

no worries.

mcmean
24-05-2010, 11:30 AM
We can take payment. I'm sure of it.

No, by Football League Rules, no money can be tranferred until July 1

kettle
24-05-2010, 11:41 AM
how much would a 20 goal a season player be worth (whether striker or midfielder?) In our league, I would say anything between 2-6million.

Given that we will only be getting in 750K, is it worth the Trust / CPFC2010 stepping in with interim funds?

If only because it will cost minimum 3 times what we are getting to replace 20 goals, if not 4-8 times that?

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 11:44 AM
No, by Football League Rules, no money can be tranferred until July 1

Unless your Arsenal, in which case PL rules state there is a deadline for which unfashoinable clubs must adhere too; but Arsenal can sign over priced Russians whenever they like.

Boyandy
24-05-2010, 11:45 AM
2010 were asked to fund in the interim but I guess they won't do that before things are a bit clearer.

I agree with you though, selling players like this is going to cost us points in the overall scheme of things.

Gooders
24-05-2010, 11:46 AM
And Chelsea can sign players even when they've had a transfer embargo placed on them because of all their dodgy dealing.

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 11:46 AM
how much would a 20 goal a season player be worth (whether striker or midfielder?) In our league, I would say anything between 2-6million.

Given that we will only be getting in 750K, is it worth the Trust / CPFC2010 stepping in with interim funds?

If only because it will cost minimum 3 times what we are getting to replace 20 goals, if not 4-8 times that?

When was the last time a CCC player was sold for 6 million on the back of 1 season? We got 8 for AJ, who had done it for a few seasons, and had an England call up recently.

I would not be offering 6 million for Charlie Adam or Whittingham, and both are midfielders who offer more over 90 minutes (based on thsi seasin, than our Ambrose). Eeven if we weren't in admin, I wouldn't be offering any higher than 2.5 million for him.

Matt_Hep
24-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Will be dead sad/gutted if this goes ahead...

just feel for the sake of two weeks negotiating we could have an infinitely better team

Bobsta
24-05-2010, 11:54 AM
If this happens I'll lose interest very quickly again.

Chris Leitch
24-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I would be sad to see him go as he is a fantastic free kick player, but then again despite scoring so many, how many have we conceded because he leaves Clint Hill so exposed?!

Bills got to get paid I spose. I'd be more upset to see Alan Lee go and I think we'd get less money for him too!

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 12:00 PM

We will still have Clyne, Danns, Scannell, Paddy Mac, Jules, Ertl, Djilali and Big Calv to keep you entertained! :lux:

Palace Dan
24-05-2010, 12:09 PM
AS long as we have a team to follow and support, that to me is all that matters. One run on sound fincial grounds has to be the way forward. Sadly if we have to lose some players along the way so be it. It has happened for each of the last 35 years that i have followed Palace - I am sure it will continue into the future.

N Herts Eagle
24-05-2010, 12:09 PM
One for the more technical people on here :-

I thought BG now had to clear Sales of Players through the creditors committee or have I misread the letter of the 20th May......

Brett
24-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Can someone tell me how much BG's advisors will be taking from the 750k? I would assume it is a set rate rather than a percentage considering the non-existent attempts at haggling.

philsick
24-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Daylight Robbery.

Owngoal
24-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Will be really upset if this goes ahead as he deserves to bein the Prem and we deserve a great deal more dosh

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
24-05-2010, 12:54 PM
I think we can only thank the big G for Darren Ambrose. His goals kept us up, gave us all something to smile about in the Cup and now looks like he may just keep us out of the doo doo with a transfer fee.

If he goes he should go with our blessing and thanks.

If he stays - fantastic and we can all look forward to more of the same next season (hopefully.)

Oh south london
24-05-2010, 12:56 PM
It has to be done. Such a shame and a really cheap price for a player who we will need to replace goal wise next season or find ourselves in trouble.

The Bishop
24-05-2010, 12:56 PM

If he goes, he goes.

Disappointed about the price but that's indicative of the situation we're currently in. Other clubs can pinch our best players relatively cheaply (or, at least not for the price their really worth).

Have been supporting the club 25 years now and have seen plenty of good players join and leave during that time. Wouldn't mind betting that we'll soon have other heroes in the Palace ranks who'll come in and replace the likes of Ambrose and Speroni if/when they leave. The latter quickly becoming nothing more than a distant memory.

Besides, all we all really care about is the preservation of our football club. It's an old cliche but nobody is bigger or more important than CPFC itself.

Crunchie
24-05-2010, 12:59 PM

Oh well, at least you didn't support Palace in the early 80's

EddieEdwards
24-05-2010, 01:02 PM
If this happens I'll lose interest very quickly again.I'm sure that'll make Brendan think twice. :D

Son of Ron
24-05-2010, 01:05 PM
We should push for at least a million, whats that to Mittal et al ?

Failing that then hopefully there will be suitable add-ons should QPR finally get promotion.

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 01:08 PM
We should push for at least a million, whats that to Mittal et al ?

Failing that then hopefully there will be suitable add-ons should QPR finally get promotion.

Add-on's to what, or whom; no one owns the club. Hence why Bostock's add-on's mean nothing now as they were to CPFC2000ltd.

sydnsteve
24-05-2010, 01:21 PM
If anyone thinks he's worth more they'll bid for him, Blackpool for instance (though he probably is not a Holloway type player), but although he has been fantastic this year, my feeling is he will go back to how he was.

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 01:27 PM
If anyone thinks he's worth more they'll bid for him, Blackpool for instance (though he probably is not a Holloway type player), but although he has been fantastic this year, my feeling is he will go back to how he was.

Agree about Ambrose. When the goals dry up he will be a passenger. However nto sure about not being a Holloway player? Adam and Vaughan are technical players?

ANDYEAGLE
24-05-2010, 01:30 PM

Blackpool? I doubt they will be paying anyone 13-15k a week somehow and I can't see him wanting to go there. The other two clubs linked to him were Wolves and Celtic. Maybe one of them will come in and pay more. Who knows? Whatever he is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.
He would have been going even if the takeover had taken place although we may have got a bit more for him.

sydnsteve
24-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes they are, but they also work. Ambrose doesn't

sydnsteve
24-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Blackpool? I doubt they will be paying anyone 13-15k a week somehow and I can't see him wanting to go there. The other two clubs linked to him were Wolves and Celtic. Maybe one of them will come in and pay more. Who knows? Whatever he is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.
He would have been going even if the takeover had taken place although we may have got a bit more for him.

They won't be paying that in the Prem? Remember how much they now get, and also that 1 million in transfer fees in the Prem is non existent. I would think he'd much rather play in the premiership than anywhere else, and i know where I'd rather be out of Brum and Blackpool!

Palace Kebab
24-05-2010, 01:35 PM
No-one will offer more. If a bid is accepted, they merely need to match the bid and their offer will also be accepted. It will then be up to the player to choose where he goes.

Son of Ron
24-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Add-on's to what, or whom; no one owns the club. Hence why Bostock's add-on's mean nothing now as they were to CPFC2000ltd.

the same people that the 750k goes to I should think, stroppy knickers

ANDYEAGLE
24-05-2010, 01:43 PM
They won't be paying that in the Prem? Remember how much they now get, and also that 1 million in transfer fees in the Prem is non existent. I would think he'd much rather play in the premiership than anywhere else, and i know where I'd rather be out of Brum and Blackpool!

No I don't think Blackpool will be paying out big money. They have no chance of staying up and their chairman is as tight as arseholes.
Ambrose would even be better off at QPR than Blackpool. One season getting murdered in the premier I could not see him wanting to go there.
You obviously must like the donkeys on the beach at Blackpool:)

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 01:43 PM
the same people that the 750k goes to I should think, stroppy knickers

Not stroppy, mate. Was asking that's all. And if that is correct, Palace won't benefit, because presumabley this money goes to Guilfolle's organisation who then pay the wages. Therefore futur add-on's would also go to that company wouldn't they? But they won't be working for us then.

Jon_C-Pal
24-05-2010, 01:54 PM
one thing that worries me is that if all these players are being sold and we dont get a buyer in time to add to the squad before next season we just wont be able to compete at all and could end up doing a luton. Last season the depth of ous squad was bad but next season could just get ridiculous.

Shipp Ahoy!
24-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Ouch :(

Not QPR Darren, anyone but QPR :sob:

rhynoeagle
24-05-2010, 02:20 PM
This is sickening. Hes basically gone now isnt he. :(

Really sad to see a player as good as him last one season.

ugly and fat
24-05-2010, 02:53 PM
more importantly for me,is the reason he's going;i assume 2010 WONT stump up the money for wages,which means there could be a prob with the cva,which in turn WILL open the door for sainsbury's to get the ground????
(yes i know it has been said before that the council have said the ground can only ber used for footie etc,but as has been said before,THAT CAN BE CHANGED if there is NO CLUB)

Gooders
24-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Yes they are, but they also work. Ambrose doesn't

You see this is just wrong.

The guy has a pretty good worth ethic - tracks back quite well most of the time. The one thing he doesn't do much of, or well, is tackle - and I guess that's why people think he "disappears" from games. It's crap, basically. The games that passed him by were the games where the ball passed him by, about 10 feet over his head.

He almost never misplaced a pass. He was capable of the clever through ball in a way that no one else in our side could get near, frankly.

He scored 20 goals. He made another 8. His set-piece delivery was close to perfect, especially contrasted with the likes of Watson and Routledge before him.

For me, he's been one of the best players I've seen in a Palace shirt in nearly 40 years and he will be a huge miss - we'd have been relegated easily without him, and Christ alone knows where we're going to find a player 1/10th as good as him to fill the hole, assuming we're even lining up for the new season of course.

750k? A ******* steal.

whereEaglesFly
24-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I thought he loved palace. If he meant that than he will reject their offer. But I still love him anyway.

ANDYEAGLE
24-05-2010, 03:08 PM
I thought he loved palace. If he meant that than he will reject their offer. But I still love him anyway.

Its not down to him. It is the same situation as Fonte who wanted to stay.
If he turned down a move we could not pay the wages due.

kettle
24-05-2010, 03:10 PM
When was the last time a CCC player was sold for 6 million on the back of 1 season? We got 8 for AJ, who had done it for a few seasons, and had an England call up recently.

I would not be offering 6 million for Charlie Adam or Whittingham, and both are midfielders who offer more over 90 minutes (based on thsi seasin, than our Ambrose). Eeven if we weren't in admin, I wouldn't be offering any higher than 2.5 million for him.

Maybe my thought process wasn't as clear when I wrote it down.
In terms of what Ambrose has given this season - 20 goals and 8 assists.
How much would it cost to replace 20 goals and 8 assists? Certainly more than 750K, and conservatively at least 2.5m.

Whittingham or Adam could easily go for 3 million on what they have done this season. But the cost of replacing what we will lose (20 goals / 8 assists) is far more than we will get from selling him.

GDP
24-05-2010, 03:11 PM
750k it really makes the heart bleed.

Poxy administration.

whereEaglesFly
24-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Its not down to him. It is the same situation as Fonte who wanted to stay.
If he turned down a move we could not pay the wages due.
I think this is a bit different though. If he rejects them then surely cpfc 2010 will pay the wages

BringBackSasa
24-05-2010, 03:22 PM
If the consortium think 750k is acceptable for Ambrose then we have zero chance of keeping Speroni, Clyne, Danns and anyone else Colin wants. ****.

GodstoneEagle
24-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I think it's exactly half of what I expected in terms of a bid. Pretty shit.

PeterH
24-05-2010, 03:25 PM
750k? A ******* steal.

Not as much as ZERO, which is what we paid the clowns. :p

Anyway the best thing about this thread is stroppy knickers.

ugly and fat
24-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I think this is a bit different though. If he rejects them then surely cpfc 2010 will pay the wages

IF Ambrose rejects QPR,then i assume someone else will be sold?
(why have 2010 let BG accept the QPR offer?)

BlazeRIP
24-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Agent Ambrose is on his way :D .

maxpower
24-05-2010, 03:28 PM
To be honest i don't think the consortium have a say. The administrator has accepted it himself as there is no funding, so unless the CPFC 2010 suddenly start to fund us through the summer it won't be long until half our team will have gone and people start to wish we had been relegated as this season we will be beaten week in week out with our youngsters.

Im ready for some abuse

beef
24-05-2010, 03:29 PM
******* **** wanker shit bollocks qpr piss

chatham_eagle
24-05-2010, 03:33 PM
:(

wighteagle
24-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Oh, bollox, here we go. Thanks a bunch, Colin.

carlito
24-05-2010, 03:35 PM
If Darren goes then I think there'll be a place in the hearts of most Palace supporters for him. My favourite player thus season by far. I'll miss him.

Norwoodguy
24-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Darren has been a top bloke since being at CPFC - and I wish him well at QPR.

Its a case of "needs must" - even with new owners on board I dont think we will be turning down bids..the club needs income.

Its going to be a tough tough few seasons - assuming we survive admin.

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Its going to be a tough tough few seasons - assuming we survive admin.

Unforunately this is as appropriate a footnote for our club as you will find.

GreatGonzo
24-05-2010, 03:43 PM
One of the higher earners, BG would have gone to 2010 and told them his plans, they have clearly as yet not stepped in, maybe they want him gone and would rather BG took the flack than them when they take control?

750k is a little disappointing but when you consider the prices CCC clubs get for players with 1 year left it is not as bad. Would rather be Palace getting 750k for Ambrose than be Cardiff getting nothing for Joe Ledley!

Lets not forget that take out the very top of teh market, your Barca, Manure, Arsenal figures, prices drop substantially even to the rest of the Premiership and when into the CCC the drop further to the floor. Add to that so many clubs will be cutting their cloth this summer, trimming wage bills, avoiding fees throughout the lower reaches of the prem as well as the CCC, there could be a lot of free transfers around which will drive down the fees that clubs will pay.

We got the highest transfer fee in January in this league and another of the top 3 did we not? By the time September arrives, it is possible that 750k will not look as bad as it deos now.

PalaceForever
24-05-2010, 03:46 PM
I will miss Ambrose, he's a very good player and his performances and goals this season have been outstanding. The fee just adds insult to injury.

Warnock's a toad, but anyone with a brain already knew that.

FORZA SELHURST
24-05-2010, 03:46 PM
For me, he's been one of the best players I've seen in a Palace shirt in nearly 40 years

People are over-doing things here.

Lambeth Palace
24-05-2010, 03:50 PM
CPFC 2010 getting the administrators to do the dirty work and reduce the wage bill. No surprise here at all.

Whyteleafe_Sage
24-05-2010, 03:51 PM
People are over-doing things here.

Agreed - 20 mostly set piece goals, but on the whole he didn't offer a great deal to our midfield. Don't get me wrong, those 20 goals were invaluable, but can he do it again?

750k (and a substantial saving on wages) is good business in this climate.

maxpower
24-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't think CPFC 2010 have a say in this they arent funding us atm becuase they are worried a CVA would be rejected and then they will drop their interest. So the administrtor has got to sell players until this takeover ever goes through

sw16girl
24-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Not stroppy, mate. Was asking that's all. And if that is correct, Palace won't benefit, because presumabley this money goes to Guilfolle's organisation who then pay the wages. Therefore futur add-on's would also go to that company wouldn't they? But they won't be working for us then.

Actually it is usual for any purchase agreement to arrange for the add-ons to be passed onto the new owners of the club, not just for players sold now but also for all the players sold before we went into administration. Phil A confirmed at the first Trust Q&A session at Selhurst that this is what is expected will happen here as well.

Whyteleafe_Sage
24-05-2010, 03:57 PM
What I'm wondering is what the deal is re getting the money before the transfer window opens, which isn't until July. Are they paying it all up front, or are we just getting an initial installment now? If it's the latter then Ambrose won't be the only one going, I'm afraid...

:(

The Gerry Queen
24-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I would have prefered to hear that we'd accepted a 750k offer for Nick Carle.

It wrankels in a big way for me that it is QPR. However, if it gives CPFC2010 the time to settle the deal then we can live with it. Like BG said, 'It's not about a player, it's about the Club's survival'

Right now I am thinking that we will be able to live with this and possibly more departures, in exchange for finally getting out of administration intact and seeing the back of the Jordan era for ever.

Whyteleafe_Sage
Actually it is usual for any purchase agreement to arrange for the add-ons to be passed onto the new owners of the club, not just for players sold now but also for all the players sold before we went into administration. Phil A confirmed at the first Trust Q&A session at Selhurst that this is what is expected will happen here as well.

Assuming QPR are paying CPFC 2000, then I thought add ons would also go to that company, rather than the new owners. Wasn't that what happened when various players went last time we were in admin?

joshuah
It starts, disgusting.

joe walker
24-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Granted we need the money in the short-term, but by the time we get the money will it be too late, or not even matter?

I thought these sort of transfers at the end of the season are only an agreement, with the official move/fee-paying not taking place until July. Do we have until July? I think not, so how will this work?

CPFC_DAVE77
24-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Thanks, SW, so what happened with Bostock's add-on's then?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
24-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks, SW, so what happened with Bostock's add-on's then?

I believe that the problem with those was that he went on to do **** all.

pardew's shorts
24-05-2010, 04:04 PM

glaziers fan
24-05-2010, 04:04 PM
IF THE TRUST HAD PUT TOGETHER A LOAN SCHEME WE COULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS...

Mr C
24-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Did any of us actually believe that he would stay given our predicament?

We need the money and have no other source of income at present.

A great shame and a reality check for all Palace fans.

We need to take off our Rose Tinted Specs for a while and put them back on when the new buyer comes in and we see what we are left with.

Ambrose will not be the last....

elgin eagle
24-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Hope we get Buksaky from them on a free as part of the deal. I suppose we had to sell someone, would have much preferred to lose Carle instead of Ambrose.

Whyteleafe_Sage
24-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Hope we get Buksaky from them on a free as part of the deal. I suppose we had to sell someone, would have much preferred to lose Carle instead of Ambrose.
This is a cost-cutting exercise - we're highly unlikely to be adding to the wage bill for the time being...

Whyteleafe_Sage
24-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Let's wish Carle an excellent World Cup...:hi:

DaveP
24-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Middlesbrough have now also had a bid for the same fee accepted supposedly.

pauldrulez
24-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Middlesbrough have now also had a bid for the same fee accepted supposedly.
I'm sure Darren will move his family up there......

maxpower
24-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh no.................. actually let the biddin war begin

GreatGonzo
24-05-2010, 04:13 PM

How?

calne eagle
24-05-2010, 04:16 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sadly.......

GreatGonzo
24-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Oh no.................. actually let the biddin war begin

If Boro have had the same fee accepted then there is unlikely to be a bidding war, what we need is for the fees to be slowly increasing! Boro 800k, QPR come back in with 900k and if that happens we may get to the point where we get the 1m-1.5m he is at best worth with a year left.

elgin eagle
24-05-2010, 04:18 PM
This is a cost-cutting exercise - we're highly unlikely to be adding to the wage bill for the time being...

fair one. hope we can find someone from the lower leagues to replace him with.

GreatGonzo
24-05-2010, 04:24 PM

It will not so much be BG cost-cutting per se.

Surely it is either him cost-cutting on behalf of CPFC2010 because they would rather not make the unpopular decisions (of which you can see by these threads this would be) themselves?

or

He is simply realising as much from the remaining assets as he can to pay creditors what he can ahead of bringing in liquidators after a firesale of players who would in the even of liquidation become value-less. How far down that process we go would also be down to CPFC2010.

N Herts Eagle
24-05-2010, 04:32 PM
NO one has seemed to disagree with an earlier request so my take on it is this has been agreed by BG and the Creditors Committee based on the minutes issued on the 20th May...any monies arising from the sale will I assume be used to pay of exsisting debt or running costs.....is it then by default likely that there is the potential that the creditors will get more money not less by this deal being completed...so a 750K deal cash no sell on clauses would benefit the creditors at the expense of CPFC2010 than the usual cash plus add ons after appearences goals etc is it any wonder the fee is low

GreatGonzo
24-05-2010, 04:38 PM
NO one has seemed to disagree with an earlier request so my take on it is this has been agreed by BG and the Creditors Committee based on the minutes issued on the 20th May...any monies arising from the sale will I assume be used to pay of exsisting debt or running costs.....is it then by default likely that there is the potential that the creditors will get more money not less by this deal being completed...so a 750K deal cash no sell on clauses would benefit the creditors at the expense of CPFC2010 than the usual cash plus add ons after appearences goals etc is it any wonder the fee is low

The creditors are unlikely not to sanction any deal that brings money into them/the club at this moment in time. Football debt, the salaries to players, HAS to be paid in full and the FL will withhold transfer money to allow that to happen. Any surplus would then be into a pot that may increase payments to creditors but that might only happen in the event of liquidation.

That is how i see it anyway. Simply the creditors have nothing to lose by agreeing.

howard
24-05-2010, 04:40 PM
I know we had him on a free but,how many goals did he get for us,20? That must be worth 1.5-2m of any ones money.

macstar
24-05-2010, 04:41 PM
so the news that the owners to be cpfc 2010 will 'bankroll the club' until the takeover is complete was bullshite then?

AndyStreet
24-05-2010, 04:45 PM
IF THE TRUST HAD PUT TOGETHER A LOAN SCHEME WE COULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS... Players leave football clubs. Get over it for goodness sake. Also, Trust Loan Notes to pay the basic monthly running costs of the club would be unsustainable, a bad investment for any fans concerned and largely futile on an ongoing basis.

Yes he's a very good footballer, and were he on a longer contract at a more financially stable club he would go for more money, but frankly we're coming up to a critical few weeks in securing the club's future so if the Ambrose sale allows us to keep the operational costs paid until we have a CVA approved, so be it.

eagle101
24-05-2010, 04:46 PM
so the news that the owners to be cpfc 2010 will 'bankroll the club' until the takeover is complete was bullshite then?

No, they were going to last Monday, but then stories came out about Jordan potentially rejecting a CVA, which would mean that the takeover could be buggered, so on Tuesday they didn't want to risk putting huge amounts of money into the club they wouldn't get back.

Dal
24-05-2010, 04:46 PM
so the news that the owners to be cpfc 2010 will 'bankroll the club' until the takeover is complete was bullshite then?]

They agreed intially, then when SJ kicked off they said that they wouldn't fund the club in the interim in case the CVA was rejected.

GreatGonzo
24-05-2010, 04:51 PM
So SJ is basically responsible for us having to sell Ambrose - that will go down well with a few!

Il Padrino
24-05-2010, 05:00 PM
So SJ is basically responsible for us having to sell Ambrose - that will go down well with a few!

with everything that's come out and his comments last week he can't have any supporters left surely?

Our top goalscorer going for a pittance is another footnote on his disastrous reign

N Herts Eagle
24-05-2010, 05:01 PM

He also sits on the creditors committee so agreed the price with BG and if I take it a stage further the CVA has not been sorted and by doing this he can probably hold out for another few weeks when another name is sold the longer he can stall then just maybe he thinks CPFC201o will pull out and another buyer will come along...I am not sure who holds the upper hand CPFC2010 or Simon

917L
24-05-2010, 05:11 PM
He also sits on the creditors committee so agreed the price with BG

I dont think the creditors comitee have any say over how much players are sold for (and when do you suggest they met to decide anyway)

Thats down to the administrator alone

N Herts Eagle
24-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I dont think the creditors comitee have any say over how much players are sold for (and when do you suggest they met to decide anyway)

Thats down to the administrator alone

I stand to be corrected I did try earlier to get confirmation.....I refer you to the meeting notes posted as at the 20th May on the P and A site last few paragraphs...if I have read it correctly
http://195.171.95.190/panda/reportreg/showReport.asp?reportId=754

Radders
24-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Players leave football clubs. Get over it for goodness sake. Also, Trust Loan Notes to pay the basic monthly running costs of the club would be unsustainable, a bad investment for any fans concerned and largely futile on an ongoing basis.

Yes he's a very good footballer, and were he on a longer contract at a more financially stable club he would go for more money, but frankly we're coming up to a critical few weeks in securing the club's future so if the Ambrose sale allows us to keep the operational costs paid until we have a CVA approved, so be it.

Ahhh, common sense prevails at last.

Ruskin Old Boy
24-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Players leave football clubs. Get over it for goodness sake. Also, Trust Loan Notes to pay the basic monthly running costs of the club would be unsustainable, a bad investment for any fans concerned and largely futile on an ongoing basis.

Stop being so bloody sensible. I'd rather he stayed than score against us next season.

Jordan/Warnock = wankers

Benzhiyi
24-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Did any of us actually believe that he would stay given our predicament?

I guess this is true. And given that, it's probably best we get him off the wage bill now rather than keep paying him through the summer.

Given his wages 750k now is probably as good as 1m in a month's time.

Billy Rhino
24-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Eh? So you think the loan note scheme was designed to raise enough money to pay 1 months wages to the players? Who would put money into that??:confused:

917L
24-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I stand to be corrected I did try earlier to get confirmation.....I refer you to the meeting notes posted as at the 20th May on the P and A site last few paragraphs...if I have read it correctly
http://195.171.95.190/panda/reportreg/showReport.asp?reportId=754

What exactly are you referring me to?

Yes they're the meeting minutes, and?

rhynoeagle
24-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Hopefully this deal will take a matter of days and in that time, the consortium can take over.

N Herts Eagle
24-05-2010, 06:15 PM
What exactly are you referring me to?

Yes they're the meeting minutes, and?

I cannot cut and paste from the PDF the last note on the minutes says that the Administrator be authourised to sell the CLub to CPFC2010 or any other bidder or failing that players or other assets as the Administrator sees fit after consulatation with the creditors committe.

I therefore cannot see that the Ambrose deal has gone ahead without the creditors committee being involved........on that committee is Simon Jordan hence my comments.........

The Gerry Queen
24-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I cannot cut and paste from the PDF the last note on the minutes says that the Administrator be authourised to sell the CLub to CPFC2010 or any other bidder or failing that players or other assets as the Administrator sees fit after consulatation with the creditors committe.

I therefore cannot see that the Ambrose deal has gone ahead without the creditors committee being involved........on that committee is Simon Jordan hence my comments.........

What's the betting Jordan has vetoed the sale because he thinks Guilfoyle should have got 5m for him :veryangry

917L
24-05-2010, 06:21 PM

I took that as meaning the consulation was to decide that liquidation was the only option (if there was no agreed buyer), not that the creditors had any say in player sale prices

Dave
24-05-2010, 06:24 PM
750K is a joke

Braders
24-05-2010, 06:26 PM
**** sake, 750k is absolute robbery. dear oh dear.

Excowboy
24-05-2010, 06:28 PM
When was the last time someone that scored 20 goals from midfield in the championship went for less than a million? I'm not sure who I'm supposed to be angry with, but I bloody am.

N Herts Eagle
24-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I took that as meaning the consulation was to decide that liquidation was the only option (if there was no agreed buyer), not that the creditors had any say in player sale prices

It can be read a few ways not a clear statement which was why I asked for the experts on here to comment. If no sale or at best CPFC2010 will not fund until the CVA has yet been agreed then I guess BG has decided he needs to sell Ambrose. THe price of the sale of the asset is it just BG or does he have to consult the creditors committee ?
917L I dont know the answer but think its an intresting point to discover as it puts SJ in a stronger position being on the committe than I thought

N Herts Eagle
24-05-2010, 06:35 PM
What's the betting Jordan has vetoed the sale because he thinks Guilfoyle should have got 5m for him :veryangry

If I am right then I think you may be wrong I think he would go for cash sales only and drive the price down on each player none of the usual add ons. It puts SJ in with a potential way where he may see he can make a little more money before the final sale. He obviously believes there is another bid in the wings heaven help us he may believe in Winston if he can stall the sale then I am guessing he will agreei to a low but cash only deal which will buy him time.

calne eagle
24-05-2010, 06:41 PM
He also sits on the creditors committee so agreed the price with BG and if I take it a stage further the CVA has not been sorted and by doing this he can probably hold out for another few weeks when another name is sold the longer he can stall then just maybe he thinks CPFC2010 will pull out and another buyer will come along...

This was the way he was talking at the meeting. Quite who the mystical 'other buyer' may be, **** alone knows. But then SJ didn't think we'd been marketed properly as a Championship club..... As BG pointed out, the whole world knew we were for sale, dammit.

st albans
24-05-2010, 06:42 PM
We got him on a free, when let's be honest he'd had some pretty average seasons, and have sold him for 750k

I don't think he'll repeat half the season he's had with us, whether he stayed or left. See his season as a one off. Big loss nonetheless but let's move on

Gark Moldberg
24-05-2010, 06:47 PM
750K is a joke

If its a joke, its a punchline that I can laugh along with providing I have a club to support in the longer term.If it was a 'realistic' valuation would we be pleased with a transfer that included half a million if QPHa get promoted or he plays for England or [insert unrealistic expectation here]? These add ons make it sound great, but never get paid out.

davematt
24-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Right now, we should only be concerned about having a club to support next season and beyond.

Players come, players go. Thats football :)

Nth Kent Eagle
24-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Okay Mr Jordan I have refrained from criticising you up until now but if you think there is an alternative bidder speak now. Every day this carries on the position deteriorates. I am waiting to buy two season tickets and the club needs the money to operate.

Seaside Eagle
24-05-2010, 06:57 PM
If he has to leave, I'd rather he goes to the Premiership, or abroad. I can't stand the thought of him scoring a free-kick against us :(

delboy01
24-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Well I valued Ambrose at 1.5m with the squad at 11m!!!! On that account we have 5m left in the squad. Just enough to pay off agilo.

Although I would rather we go under and they all walk away on frees than those vultures getting a single penny!!! :veryangry

Stavros 69
24-05-2010, 07:11 PM
This is FUBAR

Nth Kent Eagle
24-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Anyone else getting sick of PWC and Agilo?