PDA

View Full Version : Going to Japan?

The Omen
15-03-2002, 09:25 PM
Here is a document I've produced from looking up information. It may help you if you are planning on going to the World Cup, feel free to download it and have a read.

LLCOOLSTEVE
19-03-2002, 11:05 PM
I wish. :(

Kev
20-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Thanks for that, Damien. Very useful!

I fly out to Japan on 28 May. How about you?

The Omen
20-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Kev
Thanks for that, Damien. Very useful!

I fly out to Japan on 28 May. How about you?

31st May. I'm out there till the 23rd - unless we get past the QF! :)

Levski
20-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Out there 30th to 16th. But will be working. :rolleyes:

Will try to get to Ireland-Germany or Ireland-Saudi. What do you reckon are my chances?
I know it's impossible to do England games unless you have already been a Englandfans member for six months already. Do you reckon it's possible to turn up at buy tickets for those Ireland games or will they be sold out as well?

The Omen
20-03-2002, 08:38 PM
Levski: You can go to any game you want once you are out there. I will see every England game, but I don't have any tickets yet. Believe me, just be in the area the day before the game, go into a bar and ask around - you will find lots of tickets. Only problem is, they don't come cheap buying them this way.

GeeTee
21-03-2002, 08:10 PM
They don't come cheap even through official channels!

The whole thing has become a massive rip off. Thanks for the guide Omen but I'm giving this one a miss. I'll have to put up with ITV's dodgy coverage but at least it'll save me a few bob.

Levski
22-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by The Omen
Levski: You can go to any game you want once you are out there. I will see every England game, but I don't have any tickets yet. Believe me, just be in the area the day before the game, go into a bar and ask around - you will find lots of tickets. Only problem is, they don't come cheap buying them this way.

Cheers, bro. I remember a series of articles in the Indy at France 98 when the guy went to at least one game every day, without any preparation. You are probably right. A bit worried about the policing - aren't the tickets named? I don't think me and my colleagues could get in as 'Mr Hashimoto and family' somehow.

GeeTee
22-03-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Levski

A bit worried about the policing - aren't the tickets named? I don't think me and my colleagues could get in as 'Mr Hashimoto and family' somehow.

Don't let it bother you too much. My Romania Euro 2000 ticket was in the name of F. Fernadez and I'm about the most pasty-faced Englishman around. I had no bother.

The Omen
22-03-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Levski

A bit worried about the policing - aren't the tickets named? I don't think me and my colleagues could get in as 'Mr Hashimoto and family' somehow.

You really think they are going to check 50,000 people's names while trying to get everyone in the stadium?! They say all this name stuff just to scare you off. The names are used if you are a black market seller and are caught with a load of tickets, they can trace the England member by the name on them.

Levski
24-03-2002, 03:38 PM
I'm sure you guys are probably right. Let's hope so.