PDA

View Full Version : Derry to QPR...

Il Padrino
25-05-2010, 08:55 AM
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=18265&headline=Exclusive%3A

pedro
25-05-2010, 08:57 AM
It is the exodus of the team of the '80's' all over again with the same destination.

kolinkins
25-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Good luck to him. Cannot expect an out of contract player to stick around.

Though it would have been a lot easier for NW to have convinced Mittal to buy Palace rather than do it all this way around!

Dingle
25-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Is Warnock going to leave us with any players for next season? Thank god he hasn't raided our academy... yet.

ardeo
25-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Are QPR actually going to field a former Palace XI next season? They must be getting quite close now.

EagleSE24
25-05-2010, 09:07 AM
How are we going to get a starting XI out next season? What odds on us staying up if this continues? I'm going to wait until Warnock has Danns, Speroni and Clyne and then stick 50 on us staying up. Would pay for a season ticket several times over I imagine.

Brett
25-05-2010, 09:10 AM
The destination is irrelevant. If these players want to go or have to go, they will go anyway, whether Warnock fancies them or not.

If any blame game has to played, Jordan and Guilfoyle should the the subjects of the ire.

cpfcfan1
25-05-2010, 09:10 AM
How depressing, Thats Hill, Ambrose n Derry

:(

Owngoal
25-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I'd be upset about Ambrose but Derry is like Marmite on these boards. He is not going to get any better and when we play QPR he will probably have a higher pass completion rate to our players than he does now!!!!

Only joking...

What Shaun brings to us now is passion, what Ambrose brings is sublime moments of skill. Much of this is lazy journalism to fill space. Hill has not happened yet so we need to hold fire until we believe anything.

cpfcfan1
25-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Poster on the QPR 606 board also reckon we are holding out for 1.5 mil for Danns

Sandowneagle
25-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Had a feeling Dezza would be here next season. Without the takeover we are going to see a continue flow away from the club.

monkey nuts
25-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Chin up people, we will re-build!!!

Dal
25-05-2010, 09:15 AM
If true, I look forward to Derry being comprehensively outplayed by N'Daiye home and away next season.:lux: :lux:

Palace Don
25-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Isnt there a maximum no. of players one club can sign from another in one transfer window. This is ridiculous, if Ambrose, Hill, Danns, Derry and Speroni all goto QPR.

By the start of the new season QPR could have 10 ex-palace players on their books, and Manager of course

TC EAGLE
25-05-2010, 09:17 AM
I am more concerned about the takeover than I am about supposed media stories about players leaving.

The Gerry Queen
25-05-2010, 09:23 AM
The SLP are loving this. Millwall in the Play Off final and a player a day leaving us speculation. Fingers crossed our ownership deal goes through and Swindon win on Saturday. That will give them something worth printing.

monkey nuts
25-05-2010, 09:24 AM
It is the exodus of the team of the '80's' all over again with the same destination.

Can't remember how many before...Venables...Burridge, Fenwick, Allen, Sealey, Flanagan, Francis??

Steve C
25-05-2010, 09:26 AM

Why did they fight so hard that we did,nt go down, just to leave at the first contract that is waved under there noses, what about "we did it for the fans"......What have we done that they don,t want to play for us anymore.....???

cpfcfan1
25-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Well two of them are out of contract and have familys to support, they cant wait on for ever to see what happens with us, n Ambrose is bound to be wanted after the season he has had

Just sad to see our core team memebers leave for peanuts

beef
25-05-2010, 09:31 AM
A real shame, best of luck to the man.

NRM the 2nd
25-05-2010, 09:36 AM
If all of these are true then to me this takeover must be a long way from being sorted. If it was close then CPFC 2010 would not allow the squad to be decimated like this.

Hillsborough seems a long time ago all of a sudden.

Eric the Ginga
25-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Personally I think he had a very so-so season. Great game at Hillsborough but there were times - particularly after the points deduction that, as skipper, he was MIA.

Chillo
25-05-2010, 09:47 AM
If all of these are true then to me this takeover must be a long way from being sorted. If it was close then CPFC 2010 would not allow the squad to be desimated like this.

Hillsborough seems a long time ago all of a sudden.

1. we dont know how close the takeover is.
2. if it's close, any sales would only happen with the buyers agreement.

I guess the more senior professionals would be on the higher salaries - Clint Hill Sean Derry, Darren Ambrose - and as we assume we'll have to severely cut the wage bill, those out of contract and/or attractive will be the first to go.

Remember, better to have a team to support, than no team :( though it would pain me to see the heart of the team ripped out and end up in West london.

eagle101
25-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Embarrassing - for Warnock.

He should have just stayed at Palace if he's so desperate for all our players.

You'd think he'd have better targets to go for now he's at a club which will let him spend money.

David of Kent
25-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Hill and Derry are out of contract and in their 30's

I'll miss them, but they have families to look after, and they're not going to get any better. I would hope we can replace them.

Ambrose on the other hand, I'll be really sad about

Baldy
25-05-2010, 09:49 AM

None of whom have actually gone anywhere yet........

Lambeth Palace
25-05-2010, 09:50 AM
If it was close then CPFC 2010 would not allow the squad to be desimated like this.

Why not? The more players on high salaries leave the less money the consortium has to spend on wages. If they leave now, the consortium doesn't have to face the ire of fans. It's win win.

NateEagle
25-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Personally I think he had a very so-so season. Great game at Hillsborough but there were times - particularly after the points deduction that, as skipper, he was MIA.

He was immense for us this season, he may have a tendency to misplace passes but he has played every game I believe and been a real leader from start to finish.

Some moan that he isnt the most gifted player but firstly there are other players for that and secondly he is better at the technical side than either Ertl or N'Diaye who are the other options in that position.

With a weakened and probably quite young team next season he will be a huge miss IMO.

jhc
25-05-2010, 09:55 AM
That is why it's so important for the takeover to go through as soon as possible.
It's unrealistic to expect 'out of contract' players to hold on in the hope that the new regime will offer them new deals.
As has been said, they've got families and can't pass up opportunities for next season in the hope that something might materialise in the weeks to come at Selhurst.

In an ideal world I'm sure Derry would want to stay, but I think we have to be realistic here.

Most clubs don't let their better experienced players go into the last six months of their contracts without getting another one in place.
That's what SJ allowed to happen with Derry, Hill and Butterfield, and once we went into administration this unsatisfactory situation was bound to be the result.

With the number of games those players played last season, it should automatically have triggered a one year extension to their current deals IMO.

Kirby
25-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Derry was our best player in the first half of the season (IMO).

He faded towards the end but he did play pretty much every game. It's not surprising at his age.

Obviously Ambrose would be the biggest miss, if just for his goals....

eagles #1
25-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Sod it, i'm just going to start supporting QPR now.

In all seriousness...If all these players do leave (to whichever club) i'm starting to believe we'd have been better off going down this season. We're going to get spanked all over the place.

But i suppose as long as we have a club to support etc etc..

rbarmy
25-05-2010, 09:58 AM
None of whom have actually gone anywhere yet........
why spoil a good rumour :rolleyes:

;)

Baldy
25-05-2010, 09:58 AM
30 posts in and nobody has used the word 'legend' yet.

:S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S:

chav_hater
25-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Well two of them are out of contract and have familys to support

Yeah, I'm sure they are living right on the poverty line at the moment.

This is all very depressing.

cpfcben
25-05-2010, 10:04 AM
I want to vom

Trilby
25-05-2010, 10:07 AM
'X to QPR' are going to persist all summer until we get taken over.

kolinkins
25-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Whatever happens, he's a legend.

Ralph
25-05-2010, 10:27 AM
the fire sale before the liquidation??

MasterYoda
25-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Derry and Hill can go. Keep Jules and at least one of Danns or Ambrose and that won't be the end of the world assuming we get sensible money for them.

Given Warnock's reviews of Speroni being the best keeper outside the Premiership I'd hope his opening bid was reflecting of that.

CPFC_DAVE77
25-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Derry and Hill can go. Keep Jules and at least one of Danns or Ambrose and that won't be the end of the world assuming we get sensible money for them.

Given Warnock's reviews of Speroni being the best keeper outside the Premiership I'd hope his opening bid was reflecting of that.

You obviously haven't witnessed the job Derry does off the pitch.

TC EAGLE
25-05-2010, 10:56 AM
How can a money deal for Ambrose happen it's not in the transfer window which opens in august

CPFC_DAVE77
25-05-2010, 11:03 AM
How can a money deal for Ambrose happen it's not in the transfer window which opens in august

The deal can take place the registration happens during the window I believe. Like Spurs signed Santos from an Italian club in March/April, the deal is agreed but the actual transfer of player refistration, the bit that allows you to play for the club, happens during the windows.

MasterYoda
25-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm not saying he isn't a big influence as captain and I do rate him but in terms of importance to our future as a club he's behind the 3 players I mention.

sydnsteve
25-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Embarrassing - for Warnock.

He should have just stayed at Palace if he's so desperate for all our players.

You'd think he'd have better targets to go for now he's at a club which will let him spend money.

Why do you think they would let him spend money? They clearly have a lot, but equally clearly won't spend on players. He has also signed Leon Best from SW on a free. Now, he will ahve a wages budget, so I'd say he hasn't got a lot to spend or he would not be going for these players.

Nice to know he isn't raiding the club, as he promised.
Lovely man.

CPFC_DAVE77
25-05-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not saying he isn't a big influence as captain and I do rate him but in terms of importance to our future as a club he's behind the 3 players I mention.

Fair enough, apologies.

gold76
25-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Rangers lacked bite last season, sure Warnock would be interested in 2 of his ex stalwarts if they are available on frees. Ambrose is the biggest loss (should he, as expected, depart.)

Duffle Coat
25-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Derry is a good player and an important figure in our team but I am amazed that QPR, looking to be a PL outfit, are putting so much stock into Palace players. Derry would be into another season, another season from his best. He looked fragile to say the least in the few games I saw Palace playing. Maybe Warnock is insuring himself and building up a relegation squad ' just in case'.

LiamCPFC
25-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Jamie Mackie, Leon Clarke...then maybe Clint Hill and Shaun Derry, not signings for a team who surely expect to be in the top 6 next season at least!

CPFC_DAVE77
25-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Jamie Mackie, Leon Clarke...then maybe Clint Hill and Shaun Derry, not signings for a team who surely expect to be in the top 6 next season at least!

I've been saying that for ages. This richest club thing is all going to end in tears when whatever happens eventually does happen.

Aaroncpfc
25-05-2010, 12:47 PM
So when's Neil Warnock going to get arrested for rape?

rhynoeagle
25-05-2010, 02:18 PM
They are going to be terrible next year. I'd be very excited if i was a QPR fan...

Derry, Mackie, Clint Hill, Ambrose and Clarke.

Snooooze.

Ruskin Old Boy
25-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Predictable but depressing nonetheless

montstar
25-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Will get shot down for this but I dont mind Derry going, I'm not sure he would have kept his place had he not been captain. Most of the year we were playing Derry and Ertl as holding midfielders when most teams play one person in that place.

At the end of the day though whether you agree with me or not the mentality has to be do whatever it takes to keep the club going!

The Gerry Queen
25-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Derry was made for the Hillsborough game. He played through the pain barrier and was ever present throughout the season. H e did really well as Club Captain and I will always be grateful for his contribution and his considerablr mental strength. That said, his last ten games were poor by any standards and Ertl was on hand to help him out more than once.
When the sale goes through and we have a new manager, it will be for him to decide who will be Club Captain. Given the huge changes that are already happening it could well be that the time has come for new leaders and a new approach to the Warnock way. If that means saying good bye to SD then so be it. I will wish him well as he will be one of our heroes for ever now.

Panther
25-05-2010, 03:07 PM
With the greatest respect to those of our players who may or may not go to QPR (reportedly), it hardly seems as if Warnock is presently building a team guaranteed to get them promotion.

prizesucker
25-05-2010, 03:24 PM
no?

Mackie is a superb player add that to the amount of creativity QPR will have with Buszaky/Ambrose. They will be dangerous. Derry, Hill & the Ox will give them the physical attributes to "do a warnock" and grind a few results out.

Decent keeper and re-signing Jay Simpson on loan and top 6 is achievable

The Gerry Queen
25-05-2010, 03:34 PM
no?

Mackie is a superb player add that to the amount of creativity QPR will have with Buszaky/Ambrose. They will be dangerous. Derry, Hill & the Ox will give them the physical attributes to "do a warnock" and grind a few results out.

They were top six contenders before last season as well. As for the team,
they shouldn't be thinking about relegation certainly. Thing is here though that if they aren't in the top six by Christmas the natives will get restless and play their favourite game of musical mangement chairs. Briatore may not be in charge but Hoops fans are notorious for delusions of grandeur and massive expectations. Warnock could be back on his tractor in time for Spring. Something tells me he wouldn't mind that much;)

rhynoeagle
25-05-2010, 03:35 PM
no?

Nah, the QPR fans say they'll get top 6 every year and the never do. (Since takeover) They are signing average championship players (Excluding Ambrose) Derry isnt a good player, he was a good player for us because his heart is at palace, any where else and he'll be awful.

macstar
25-05-2010, 03:35 PM
my biggest problem, is that the squad seems to get so close at the end of last season with tremendous team spirit, with the financial probolems and all, and they worked as aTEAM and pulled off what they needed to do...

..now thats all disintigrating...

thanks SJ.

Neillo's Son
25-05-2010, 03:48 PM
no?

Mackie superb? Laughable. I can't say I know a great deal about him but he's never been prolific, nor is he a target man.

The reason why they underachieved last season is because they did not have enough grafters. Their best spell was after signing Dusko Tosic at left back who is far too good for the Championship. Replacing him with Hill is going backwards.

I've no doubt they'll do better than last season, but they're once again going to dramatically change their side and I'll be surprised if it gels quickly.

Ruskin Old Boy
25-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, the cheery news is that less than a year ago Blackpool were many pundits tip for relegation for the season just finished. There's hope for Palace yet :p Dammit, there's always hope for Palace :)

saul1664
25-05-2010, 04:05 PM
So are we selling players to buy ones at inflated prices once we come out of admin? derry ambrose to go and you would have thought danns, carle as well being talked up leaves no midfield which will need money to replace, probably in excess of what we sell for - if so, why not just take more money of agilo until the deal goes through.

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-05-2010, 06:10 PM
He wont go there..... no way will he sign for QPR

Spoons
25-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Derry was our best player in the first half of the season (IMO).

He faded towards the end but he did play pretty much every game. It's not surprising at his age.

And other factors taking their toll

Spikemeister
25-05-2010, 06:46 PM
He wont go there..... no way will he sign for QPR

Why do you suggest that Steve ? Is he not a Warnock fan ?