PDA

View Full Version : Scannell to Ipswich

Bellyman
25-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I heard yesterday that Ipswich are interested in signing Scannell, I can't find anything on here or the web. I was told by an Ipswich fan.

Anyone else heard this?

I really hope he doesn't go, will be key for us next season.

cpfcfan1
25-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Ffs this is getting stupid :(

Bellyman
25-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Tell me about it, I am have not been looking forward to this summer at all!

pedro
25-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I heard yesterday that Ipswich are interested in signing Scannell, I really hope he doesn't go, will be key for us next season.
I would happily let Scannell go if we got decent money for him and it resulted in us holding on to more important players. There is absolutely no way he will be key for us next season as he is just not that type of player, he does a lot of donkey work but he does not have the ability to influence games.

kolinkins
25-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Yep - that was a shit pull-back at Hillsborough.

hughff
25-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Ipswich fan in Palace wind-up shocker.

Disregard all rumours of this sort - the unadministered love to tell tall tales just to watch you smoulder. Wait for something concrete.

Bellyman
25-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I thought it was a wind up but this guy isn't like that, but I still don't believe it, not till i see something in the daily mirror :D

gold76
25-05-2010, 12:03 PM
How long has got left on his contract?

1 year or 2?

CPFC_DAVE77
25-05-2010, 12:05 PM
How long has got left on his contract?

1 year or 2?

I think two, but would need confirming. I wiuld be gutted to see him go to a side like Ipswich.

gold76
25-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Impressed me in the last couple of games for sure.

LiamCPFC
25-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Can't see him going to Ipswich being a local lad and still very young, like Clyne.

Dal
25-05-2010, 01:19 PM
He could have a massive role to play next season.

pedro
25-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Yep - that was a shit pull-back at Hillsborough.
Great pull back I agree but that is probably his only telling contribution all season, hardly a great return. If it was a toss up between losing Scannell or McCarthy, Clyne, Speroni or Ambrose to cover pre season wages then it is a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

Glazier69
25-05-2010, 01:39 PM
We still owe Ipswich for Alan Lee's transfer fee and no doubt some money to do with Stern John's loan, so I would guess SS will go on a free...

JamieBcpfc
25-05-2010, 01:50 PM
As in we owe Ipswich money for them loaning one of our players...top logic

kolinkins
25-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Great pull back I agree but that is probably his only telling contribution all season, hardly a great return. If it was a toss up between losing Scannell or McCarthy, Clyne, Speroni or Ambrose to cover pre season wages then it is a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

Granted he delivered little over the season - but he also got a crucial goal at Watford. Without that and Hillsborough, we'd have been down

Shipp Ahoy!
25-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Why on earth would he want to play for that tosser? Keane could proabably eat Sean in one bite!

hoskingt
25-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Source is a little biased. Won't believe it until ive seen it on a reliable website.

philsick
25-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I would happily let Scannell go if we got decent money for him and it resulted in us holding on to more important players. There is absolutely no way he will be key for us next season as he is just not that type of player, he does a lot of donkey work but he does not have the ability to influence games.

Is he your new soares?:S:

bern5161
25-05-2010, 06:02 PM
tell your ipswich mate that i heard keane wants the palace hotseat as he knows a big club when he sees one.

pedro
25-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Is he your new soares?:S:
I am prepared to give him a little longer but i must admit there are worrying similarities.
To be honest I was way off the mark with Soares abilities and it is good to see him become an established Premiership player like so many on here predicted, my money was on him reaching a level where he ended up no more than a sub for a team desperate to win their last game to prevent them from being relegated to League One but what do I know. :clown:

Jason
25-05-2010, 06:19 PM

In many ways, I would be more concerned about losing Scannell than I would be about losing any of the players on your list(apart from clyne). The likes of Speroni, Danns, Ambrose etc. are all players who are probably unaffoprdable long term. Indeed, from a purely financial point of view, the wages we are paying to those players is (despite their excellent on field performance) probably a contributory factor in our current predicament.

Scannell however is another matter entirely. A player who has contributed to our squad in the last couple of years, has the potential to develop further, and is on a salary that is likely to be affordable going forward. Losing Ambrose, Danns etc. is part of an unwanted but necessary financial rebalancing of the squad. Unless a silly (high!) offer is made, losing Scannell is a case of selling whoever we can to raise cash. This is imho far more of a problem.

philsick
26-05-2010, 08:06 AM
I am prepared to give him a little longer but i must admit there are worrying similarities.
To be honest I was way off the mark with Soares abilities and it is good to see him become an established Premiership player like so many on here predicted, my money was on him reaching a level where he ended up no more than a sub for a team desperate to win their last game to prevent them from being relegated to League One but what do I know. :clown:

Ok,things didn't work out for soares.Personally i dont think he was anywhere near ready for that move,he didn't want to go and apparently he had some personal stuff going on.But if he was as shit as you always made out,he wouldn't of played for us regularly in the prem,been automatic 1st team choice under 3 different managers in the championship and got in the england under 21's a few times.My point was that the main bulk of posts i noticed of yours,were attacks on soares ability.Maybe i didn't look hard enough?

On scannell.I think there are more positives than negatives.There's been a couple of times this season when i've doubted whether he will make it.But his appearances were sporadic and personally i dont think he was treated well by warnock.As soon as he was given a proper run in the team,his form improved and his confidence grew.Its strange with our youngsters,they can have a quiet game and there are a string of posts saying how poor they are,yet players like hill and derry can put in a run of woefull performances,being responsible for goals and they seem to escape the same criticism,because they put in the odd hard tackle.

A real positive about scannell is that now he has played in some really big games and put in mature,good solid performances.Bristol city play off semi at ashton gate and now this run in culminating in a superb assist for the goal that really kept us up.I'm hopefull he can push on with the right management and be a really important part of the squad this season.He's still young.

Clapham Grand
26-05-2010, 08:19 AM
I would think he would want to stay as his odds of getting first team football here are increasing every time we let someone else go

elgin eagle
26-05-2010, 08:41 AM
In many ways, I would be more concerned about losing Scannell than I would be about losing any of the players on your list(apart from clyne). The likes of Speroni, Danns, Ambrose etc. are all players who are probably unaffoprdable long term. Indeed, from a purely financial point of view, the wages we are paying to those players is (despite their excellent on field performance) probably a contributory factor in our current predicament.

Scannell however is another matter entirely. A player who has contributed to our squad in the last couple of years, has the potential to develop further, and is on a salary that is likely to be affordable going forward. Losing Ambrose, Danns etc. is part of an unwanted but necessary financial rebalancing of the squad. Unless a silly (high!) offer is made, losing Scannell is a case of selling whoever we can to raise cash. This is imho far more of a problem.

Agree with this. These are the players we can afford to pay, and whose value should increase with time. we can't afford the 200 per hour players, but the Scannells of this world need to be kept.

Matt_Hep
26-05-2010, 08:49 AM
This can't be allowed to happen; would be a total travesty to see another local talent pinched for nothing..

Pathetic that Pedro is already looking to be on his back, wish people like that would stay away from games.

Whyteleafe_Sage
26-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I actually think he's got a bright future ahead of him. People compare him (unfairly in my eyes) with Moses, but VM was a unique talent. Sean's a little behind that but needs the right manager to get the best out of him. NW wasn't that manager, PH and DF got him at least moving in the right direction.

pedro
26-05-2010, 10:09 AM
To me he appears shot of any confidence on the ball. More of often than not he tends to run up the line and win a thrown on with very little chance of him actually beating the man. I really do believe he would have benefitted from going out on loan to a lower league team like some of the other youngsters as I think he would have come back better for the experience. Anyway lets hope that the telling contribution at Sheff Weds gives him the confidence to develop into a better player next season.

gold76
26-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I agree with the fact that a lower league loan spell would have done him some good, but then Moses was Sold, Lee & John injured.

It would be a shock should he (not one of the higher earners I'd imagine) left, wouldn't bode well at all.

magician
26-05-2010, 12:00 PM
roy keane interested in irish footballer shock!!!!

whereEaglesFly
26-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Next season is scannells time to shine and i am sure he will at palace

glaziers fan
26-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Ambrose going means N'Diaye and Scannell are in.