PDA

View Full Version : Side-O in talks with QPR

The Bishop
26-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Just noticed this latest transfer news on the HOL.

BG has given our famous matchday programme seller permission to speak to QPR. Would be gutted to see him go but he's out of contract on the 30th June :sob: :D :p

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=99000

Thanet Eagle
26-05-2010, 02:43 PM
No way will this be allowed to happen. He is the crown in our Palace jewel.

james powell
26-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Why is he called Side-O?

Voldo
26-05-2010, 02:49 PM
the burns man, the burns

saul1664
26-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I have been going for 25 years and he always shouts programmes, to which someone always loudly shouts sideburns and he turns around every single time.

cartwheel
26-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Judas.

It's a sign of the way football is going now. No loyalty anymore when your programme sellers are moving round from club to club chasing the cash.

Is he a free agent, or have you any idea of the fee? No doubt he will be in for a big signing on fee as well :(

David of Kent
26-05-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm considering accepting an offer from Colin myself.

He told me Brenda contacted him to tell him about my availability

Oh and Colin says he loves Palace

You know......all the usual stuff :clown:

Baffled Bob 2
26-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, but can you blame him?

Programme selling is a short career. One paper cut on a page of manager's platitudes and it could be all over for the lad.

The Bishop
26-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Judas.

It's a sign of the way football is going now. No loyalty anymore when your programme sellers are moving round from club to club chasing the cash.

Is he a free agent, or have you any idea of the fee? No doubt he will be in for a big signing on fee as well :(

Don't think there's a fee involved as he'll be available on a bosman free in July. Reliable source told me that he's been offered 15k a year and a special deal of only 300 a month to rent a room in Colin's house in Bromley. Plus all the sea bass he can eat (think this is the signing on fee).

Thanet Eagle
26-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah, but can you blame him?

Programme selling is a short career. One paper cut on a page of manager's platitudes and it could be all over for the lad.

:D

CPFC_DAVE77
26-05-2010, 03:28 PM
What was the point in staying up if we are going to lose all our best programme sellers anyway? Our programme sellers for matchdays will be made up of graduates from the programme selling academy at this rate.

If Side-O goes to QPR, who is going to sell the 20 progammes a season that kept us afloat last year?

Ruskin Old Boy
26-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Would be gutted if he went, like when Mullery sold Len Chatterton and the Flatterer to Brighton in 1983.

Louis
26-05-2010, 03:37 PM
What a load of speculative rubbish

GUCCI Eagle
26-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Never the same since I heard about him roasting Mildred from the bookies with his mates.

The Bishop
26-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Seth posted this news earlier on HOL:

QPR are also rumoured to be considering a bid for Selhurst Park's atmosphere. Speaking to the West London Gazette, Warnock said, "Everyone knows the atmosphere at Selhurst is miles better than Loftus Road. With Palace being in administration, we thought we'd put in a bid to buy the atmosphere and bring it to West London. All it needs is a little tweaking, replacing the word "South" with "West" in certain songs and it's job done."

David Jensen, spokesman for CPFC 2010, insisted the atmosphere is part and parcel of their negotiations with PwC over Selhurst. "If Warnock thinks he can come round buying up our atmosphere he's got another think coming." Said the balding ex-DJ. "A deal with PwC/Lloyds for the ground's atmosphere is tantalisingly close" he went on before saying, "The champagne is now in the shopping trolley and on its way to the checkout. However, the glasses are still in the dishwasher and we've run out of detergent."

Ruskin Old Boy
26-05-2010, 03:59 PM

QPR are also rumoured to be considering a bid for Selhurst Park's atmosphere. Speaking to the West London Gazette, Warnock said, "Everyone knows the atmosphere at Selhurst is miles better than Loftus Road. With Palace being in administration, we thought we'd put in a bid to buy the atmosphere and bring it to West London. All it needs is a little tweaking, replacing the word "South" with "West" in certain songs and it's job done."

David Jensen, spokesman for CPFC 2010, insisted the atmosphere is part and parcel of their negotiations with PwC over Selhurst. "If Warnock thinks he can come round buying up our atmosphere he's got another think coming." Said the balding ex-DJ. "A deal with PwC/Lloyds for the ground's atmosphere is tantalisingly close" he went on before saying, "The champagne is now in the shopping trolley and on its way to the checkout. However, the glasses are still in the dishwasher and we've run out of detergent."

:D

Riccardo
26-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Is anyone safe at SP from the talons of Queens Park R@pists ?

Sad news indeed. I'm hoping Mr Park will be there next season.

palace_crystal
26-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Post of the year!

alan cola
26-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Brilliant about the champagne quote gave me a great laugh :) :p
+rep

jamie12
26-05-2010, 04:19 PM

:D :p

GodstoneEagle
26-05-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm worried after my plumber told me that Pam from the box office may be being courted by West Ham :(

palace ray
26-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Where will this all stop??? Are the catering staff next?

Whyteleafe_Sage
26-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Save the Selhurst Two! I feel a Facebook Group coming on...

Whyteleafe_Sage
26-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Still, if it means we get Nugent...

Sick Bucket
26-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Thing is you can't expect a man of Side-o's talents to stick around, I believe QPR have already put a bid in for all the glossy paper, we'll be lucky to have a folder sheet of A4.

calne eagle
26-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Kent cricket supporting scum ;)

selhursthoover
26-05-2010, 04:41 PM
They could not afford him!!!

;) :hi: :lux:

The Bishop
26-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Brilliant about the champagne quote gave me a great laugh :) :p
+rep

Please send rep to Seth who also posts on this message board. He's the one who originally posted it on HOL :p

calne eagle
26-05-2010, 04:44 PM
It's probably time for me to reveal that I, a season-ticket holder for 40 years, have reluctantly had to think of my future, and am at present considering the possibility of crossing London to go and shit through Warnock's letterbox.

Ruskin Old Boy
26-05-2010, 05:02 PM
It's probably time for me to reveal that I, a season-ticket holder for 40 years, have reluctantly had to think of my future, and am at present considering the possibility of crossing London to go and shit through Warnock's letterbox.

You'll need our Welsh-Irish supporter for that, Dai O'Rear

calne eagle
26-05-2010, 05:06 PM
You'll need our Welsh-Irish supporter for that, Dai O'Rear

He'll be arriving at Paddington from the Swansea / Cork ferry or from elsewhere in South Wales. Short hop (just as well) on the Tube to QPR.

emmatheeagle
26-05-2010, 05:07 PM
just spotted Side-O leaving the Dorchester with a smartly dressed Indian businessman, not looking good.

Kevan Woz Awful
26-05-2010, 05:16 PM
........ He is the crown in our Palace jewel.

Sadly, I have to tell you that is not the case. He is a mercenary, just like many of the players featured in his wares. A leap onto the QPR bandwagon should therefore come as no surprise.

Indeed it may shock many of the Palace faithful to learn that Side-O is also a regular programme seller at the MK Dons.

In 2007 he got his International call up to sell programmes for the England Under 21's matches at the MK Stadium. He hasn't missed an England U21 match since.

Oh, and he's not just committed to football either and could be seen at the NEC earlier this year selling programmes for the Autosport International Racing Car Show.

Ruskin Old Boy
26-05-2010, 05:21 PM
He'll be arriving at Paddington from the Swansea / Cork ferry or from elsewhere in South Wales. Short hop (just as well) on the Tube to QPR.

Drunk :D

calne eagle
26-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Drunk :D

Dear Moderators.

Just to let you know that Baldy has hacked into Ruskin Old Boy's account. He probably got Jose to do it...

Crazy Eagle
26-05-2010, 05:57 PM
**** next thing you'll be telling me that the geezer from the Wimpy has moved to West London

how long's he worked there :D

Shipsisourking
26-05-2010, 06:03 PM

hope so, those burgers are just wrong. We should only worry if joyce the voice goes!

EddieEdwards
26-05-2010, 06:11 PM
We have to be realistic. He's one of our higher earners and CPFC2010 will be keen to get him off the wage bill. In fact, it's clever of them to let Brendan make the unpopular decision to let him go. And I hope nobody is expecting a high-profile replacement! Those days are gone for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid. I hear there's a young programme seller at Charlton with some promising bum-fluff - we could do worse than make a move for him now that they've missed out on promotion.

wighteagle
26-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Can't QPRsoles find their own sex symbol instead of pinching ours? Where will it all end!

elgin eagle
26-05-2010, 06:18 PM
We have to be realistic. He's one of our higher earners and CPFC2010 will be keen to get him off the wage bill. In fact, it's clever of them to let Brendan make the unpopular decision to let him go. And I hope nobody is expecting a high-profile replacement! Those days are gone for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid. I hear there's a young programme seller at Charlton with some promising bum-fluff - we could do worse than make a move for him now that they've missed out on promotion.

^^

He'll have to go on a dress sense course, but i suppose he could do a ham-fisted job. I suppose the ball boys will be next.

Kipungu
26-05-2010, 06:46 PM
lmao great thread amongst all the depressing ones

Aaroncpfc
26-05-2010, 07:56 PM
If they take Side-O i'll truly give up on football.

The mans a true legend, even has his own facebook group, which can be more than said about Brenda.