PDA

View Full Version : FULHAM and west ham chasing speroni

cpalacefan88
26-05-2010, 06:35 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6173810,00.html

Oh south london
26-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Why does our whole squad seem to be up for sale? Can't we just sell Ambrose and try and hold out for the takeover to happen. Otherwise staying up last season was pointless as we will certainly be dropping this coming season.

jobiinthelastmi
26-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Why does our whole squad seem to be up for sale? Can't we just sell Ambrose and try and hold out for the takeover to happen. Otherwise staying up last season was pointless as we will certainly be dropping this coming season.

Because we have no money and cannot afford to keep the club running through the summer without funding.

Watson's My Cat
26-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Jules has belonged in the Prem for some time. We can get angry about plenty of players getting pinched right now, but more than anyone, he's earned a shot at the big time.

:(

mushroom
26-05-2010, 07:10 PM
If Speroni goes, he goes with my best wishes, the man is a gent, and his talent deserves to be showcased on the biggest of stages.

unsensibleLiam
26-05-2010, 07:11 PM
If he goes to them Prem, I wish him all my luck. He deserves to be there.

stanmar
26-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Hopefully he will continue to hide in Argentina!!!

thehalifaxman
26-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Rather he went Fulham, be a shame if Rob Green didn't get any football. Say what you like of him, we need English keepers playing in the prem. We used to have loads of awesome keepers now they're all sh1t.

gold76
26-05-2010, 07:56 PM
I wonder if Arsenal will go for Green (as an aside)

Jules deserves to go to a premiership team, but losing him would be the biggest blow

Skid Row
27-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I wonder if Arsenal will go for Green (as an aside)

Jules deserves to go to a premiership team, but losing him would be the biggest blow
Rumour out here is Schwarzer to Arsenal which would then leave Fulham looking for a keeper.......

FraserH
27-05-2010, 08:23 AM
this is rape

NateEagle
27-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I hope if he goes, that he ensures he is going somewhere where he will, initially at least, be the first choice. He should be showcased in the prem and not sit on a subs bench somwhere. I would love him to get an Argentina cap, he's certainly showed he is good enough!!!!

beef
27-05-2010, 08:45 AM
They'll never catch him!

I'm actually resigned to losing all the gems now. I just hope a good takeover is sealed before the next season begins. If we get relegated next year and are on sound financial footing with a good management team in place it wont be too much of a blow.

Baldy
27-05-2010, 08:50 AM
At least it's not QPR.

:veryangry :hmph: :grrr:

montstar
27-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Rumour out here is Schwarzer to Arsenal which would then leave Fulham looking for a keeper.......

I have heard this too, though there is also stories that Green will be sold too, to bring in some money

gold76
27-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Makes sense, as Schwarzer is solid & dependable, I believe he also has only 1 year left on his deal too

Bobsta
27-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Hope he goes to fulham if he goes anywhere

John from Beare Green
28-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I would me happier to see Speroni going to the Premiership rather than Ambrose going to QPR. Speroni can go with my blessing but Ambrose would be going as the first rat leaving the sinking ship - which I guess is why he doesn't want to go.

gold76
28-05-2010, 02:36 PM
We wouldn't be able to offer Ambrose anything like his current deal, even if (hypothetically) he stays for another season, he'd leave on a free in 12 months! Best to get money (nomatter how much it sticks in the craw) now.

thehalifaxman
28-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I would me happier to see Speroni going to the Premiership rather than Ambrose going to QPR. Speroni can go with my blessing but Ambrose would be going as the first rat leaving the sinking ship - which I guess is why he doesn't want to go.

Ambrose will go down as a Palace hero if he goes (a God if he stays). He's being forced out.

However, you a clearly fishing on the wind up and I would like to claim I have not been caught!

Paicey
31-05-2010, 07:59 AM
from teamtalk today:
Goalkeeper Julian Speroni is reportedly awaiting permission from Crystal Palace to discuss a summer move to Middlesbrough or West Ham.

The cash-strapped Eagles are likely to sell 31-year-old Speroni this summer in a bid to ease their financial worries.

full story: http://www.teamtalk.com/championship/6181699/Speroni-to-hold-Boro-and-Hammers-talks

BulletEagle
31-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Why does our whole squad seem to be up for sale?

Because it is.

Kiraly_legend
31-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Jules has belonged in the Prem for some time. We can get angry about plenty of players getting pinched right now, but more than anyone, he's earned a shot at the big time.

:(

Its sad but true.
He made a mistake in one of our first games in the top flight live on television.
A lot of people ripped him for that, but over the years he's built his reputation up to one of the best goalkeepers in the Championship.

He deserves a shot in the Premiership. I personally think with Shwarzer (sp?) getting on a bit at Fulham thats probably his best shot.
Unless arsenal go for Robert Green and that opens West Ham wide open.

Either way, if he goes I hope we get a good figure for him...he's definitely worth it.

emmatheeagle
31-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Its sad but true.
He made a mistake in one of our first games in the top flight live on television.
A lot of people ripped him for that, but over the years he's built his reputation up to one of the best goalkeepers in the Championship.

He deserves a shot in the Premiership. I personally think with Shwarzer (sp?) getting on a bit at Fulham thats probably his best shot.
Unless arsenal go for Robert Green and that opens West Ham wide open.

Either way, if he goes I hope we get a good figure for him...he's definitely worth it.

mistake was against Everton when he tried to dribble past Kevin Campbell then gave away the pen, was a Sat 3pm game so was not live on tv.