PDA

View Full Version : CPFC players...Are you Palace for life? Are you interested in changing football?

plectrum
04-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I do not know whether the players read this forum or not but if they do here is a view from a fan:

Palace is a great club, we have built and supported many great players and managers through our history, many of our players have gone on to international level and premiership level.

Throughout the fans have supported religiously and this has continued well after the player has left.

We can look back at the likes of Wrighty, Thomas, Salako, Southgate, Jansen, Johnson and many more.

In terms of post career support the recent history is glittering with Symons, Pemberton, Freedman.

If you look at the way the club has treated their managers, everyone has always been given the utmost support at board level and sufficient time to shine or to fail; Warnock, Coppell, Francis, Lewington, Venables etc

Even when the club has been hurt; those involved were always forgiven and look upon for the good times.

So here is my point, Football is sick; clubs from Premiership to non league are in serious debt, footballers, managers feel owed a living and often for average performance; mid league, no cups and sometimes relegations etc. The fans see ticket prices rising year in year out even in tiems of recession and financial difficulty. This is to pay for the ever increasing salaries of footballers and managers alike. It has become an elite where the few are benefitting above the mass, we haven't seen the grounds keeper, tea boy, programme sellers, stewards get pay rises year after year.

CPFC 2010 have come in to save our club, they are a group of successful business men but also loyal CPFC supporters. Their aims seem to be wholesome and for the long term benefit of CPFC and to finally make this club a great club, one that can shine throughout the world.

CPFC is THE only viable club in SW London, Croydon & Surrey. It is a huge potential fan base, and a huge potential talent base. We now have the ground and already there is talk to improve the stadium to a 40,000 capacity. This is real progress and it is almost a reality rather than a dream but we need the help of those who make it all happen.

The players and manager are integral to the long term success of CPFC and currently we have a number of fantastic players from Speroni, McCarty, Danns, Ambrose, Clyne who can be the structure on which CPFC 2010 can build the future. I am sure I can speak for all CPFC supporters to ask these players to look at the opportunity which is currently available.

Please look to the future, be part of both the short term, season 2010-2011 and far beyond. Sit down with CPFC 2010, listen to reason, listen to expert leading business men, by all means take advice but bear in mind that this consortium are passionate, dedicated individuals who I am sure have aim to be in charge of CPFC for generations.

Please stay, and build the future, be reasonable in negotiations, listen to what is really available and play the long game; stability, success, promotion and a truly premier future...

jams1234
04-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Some people do say that some players do read the BBS.

plectrum
04-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Heh so they should after the forum helped organise sell outs for the cup games and a bloody supporters protest outside Lloyds to play a part in saving their club ... great stuff to all!

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
05-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I do not know whether the players read this forum or not but if they do here is a view from a fan:

Palace is a great club, we have built and supported many great players and managers through our history, many of our players have gone on to international level and premiership level.

Throughout the fans have supported religiously and this has continued well after the player has left.

We can look back at the likes of Wrighty, Thomas, Salako, Southgate, Jansen, Johnson and many more.

In terms of post career support the recent history is glittering with Symons, Pemberton, Freedman.

If you look at the way the club has treated their managers, everyone has always been given the utmost support at board level and sufficient time to shine or to fail; Warnock, Coppell, Francis, Lewington, Venables etc

Even when the club has been hurt; those involved were always forgiven and look upon for the good times.

So here is my point, Football is sick; clubs from Premiership to non league are in serious debt, footballers, managers feel owed a living and often for average performance; mid league, no cups and sometimes relegations etc. The fans see ticket prices rising year in year out even in tiems of recession and financial difficulty. This is to pay for the ever increasing salaries of footballers and managers alike. It has become an elite where the few are benefitting above the mass, we haven't seen the grounds keeper, tea boy, programme sellers, stewards get pay rises year after year.

CPFC 2010 have come in to save our club, they are a group of successful business men but also loyal CPFC supporters. Their aims seem to be wholesome and for the long term benefit of CPFC and to finally make this club a great club, one that can shine throughout the world.

CPFC is THE only viable club in SW London, Croydon & Surrey. It is a huge potential fan base, and a huge potential talent base. We now have the ground and already there is talk to improve the stadium to a 40,000 capacity. This is real progress and it is almost a reality rather than a dream but we need the help of those who make it all happen.

The players and manager are integral to the long term success of CPFC and currently we have a number of fantastic players from Speroni, McCarty, Danns, Ambrose, Clyne who can be the structure on which CPFC 2010 can build the future. I am sure I can speak for all CPFC supporters to ask these players to look at the opportunity which is currently available.

Please look to the future, be part of both the short term, season 2010-2011 and far beyond. Sit down with CPFC 2010, listen to reason, listen to expert leading business men, by all means take advice but bear in mind that this consortium are passionate, dedicated individuals who I am sure have aim to be in charge of CPFC for generations.

Please stay, and build the future, be reasonable in negotiations, listen to what is really available and play the long game; stability, success, promotion and a truly premier future...

SE25 is in South East London surely? :confused:

AJ's right boot
05-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Some people do say that some players do read the BBS.
They do, often. Ben Watson used to have an account and would take part in ratings treads after a game making jokes about how rubbish some players were for a laugh and the other players would read. :D

PT109
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Is there talk to increase the stadium to 40000?

jams1234
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
They do, often. Ben Watson used to have an account and would take part in ratings treads after a game making jokes about how rubbish some players were for a laugh and the other players would read. :D
Haha :D

You got a link to any of the threads he posted in?

sw16girl
05-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Is there talk to increase the stadium to 40000?

Couldn't possibly manage it on the current site - and as far as I know 40k is not contemplated anywhere else either. I have to say I have grave doubts that they are intending to be in charge for generations either but I like the overall upbeat style of the OP.

Les Butler
05-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Just out of interest the famous Burnley Game how many packed into Selhurst park that night ?

Anyone know ?

Brilliant night.

Louis
05-06-2010, 10:56 PM
bear in mind that this consortium are passionate, dedicated individuals who I am sure have aim to be in charge of CPFC for generations
Er ... do you have any evidence of this? And if it is true, I don't think players would really want to take a pay cut because of it. Great sentiments though :)

The Gerry Queen
05-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Just out of interest the famous Burnley Game how many packed into Selhurst park that night ?

Anyone know ?

Brilliant night.

52k .... mental night...very scary in the middle of the Holmesdale terrace as well

1957Eagle
06-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Dead right TGQ - I wa there too. Scared+adrenalin=memory for life!

Maximus Dowieus
07-06-2010, 10:35 PM
52k .... mental night...very scary in the middle of the Holmesdale terrace as well

Marvellous. Magical. Unforgettable. :p :lux:

plectrum
08-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Er ... do you have any evidence of this? And if it is true, I don't think players would really want to take a pay cut because of it. Great sentiments though :)

The former yes, Martin Long for instance is a fantaical supporter, my friend worked close to him at Churchills and he said he was bonkers Palace!

Whether David Jensen or not put any money in, we all know he is also a passionate dedicated supporter. I would expect the other members of the buy out to also be Palace for life!

In terms of generations, no, it was just hope and optimism.

Psychokiller
08-06-2010, 09:32 AM

Anyone know ?

Brilliant night.
51,482. Plus a 5 year old and an 8 year old who were lifted over the turnstiles by their dad....

David of Kent
08-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Yep. A 10 year old me was there too. I still remember it so well, particulary the sight of Ian Walsh flying through the air for the diving header.

As for the players. I think we have some that are almost Palace fans as well as players and that, if it's at all possible, they'll want to stay and build here. It's very tough for the likes of Ambrose though. He seems to love it here, I think he's found a "home" after moving around a bit and that, in his heart, he doesn't really want to leave. But we have to weigh that against his age and how....if he can get a move to a Prem side in particular....it would be impossible to begrudge him. Truly, I don't think he really wants to move to QPR, despite what their fans may think!!

Gooders
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
51,482. Plus a 5 year old and an 8 year old who were lifted over the turnstiles by their dad....

Plus quite a few more that got in without paying just before kick off, if memory serves.

There were 20,000 people on the Holmesdale alone - capacity was supposed to be 12,000!

It was indeed a bit scary - I was wedged and unable to move at all for virtually the whole match.