PDA

View Full Version : Nelson: I turned down Palace and Reading to join Howe at Cherries

hamge
30-06-2010, 01:00 PM
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/8245360.Nelson__I_turned_down_Palace_and_Reading_t o_join_Howe_at_Cherries/

Woosie
30-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Oh well, he's entitled to join whoever he likes, and if he thinks Bournemouth will be a better move for him then so be it (let's face it, it probably is as he will get more first team opportunities there). There will be more like him, and maybe one will join Palace sometime, you never know.

Jordan's Jacket
30-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Don't fancy him. He's only got one eye

Sick Bucket
30-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Is that the little French fella with the exceptionally small penis?

webbo1990
30-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Never heard of him! It's probably more likely that neither CP or Reading offered him a contract and wanted him to pop in or a trial or something. Bournemouth skipped the trial and offered him an instant contract = instant .

As if any born & bred south lononder would opt to go to Bournemouth for "footballing principles". Haha what a rubbish article!

Ketteridge
30-06-2010, 01:29 PM
I went to Palace with him when we were kids, he always wore the Admiral kit

LeeH
30-06-2010, 01:36 PM
As if any born & bred south lononder would opt to go to Bournemouth for "footballing principles".
He could be Millwall or Charlton? anyway, good luck to him, shame he didn't want to be the next Ian Wright but there you go... (by that I mean, from non league to division 2)

Ridcully
30-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Bloody Muntz, first it was Palace, then Sittingbourne and now Bournemouth. Have you no shame man, you are a football tart ;)

LeeH
30-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I guess that blows my theory out of the water!

oh :D

webbo1990
30-06-2010, 01:43 PM
He could be Millwall or Charlton? anyway, good luck to him, shame he didn't want to be the next Ian Wright but there you go... (by that I mean, from non league to division 2)
In fairness he is probably Man Utd, but my point was: being a young Londoner, his choice to go to Bournemouth is probably out of having no other firm offer and not the "footballing principles" that is quoted.

Good luck to him by all means. If CP have looked at him then i'm glad our radar includes those lower leagues. It's nice to see.

RDSdaEAGLE
30-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Similar reason that Matt Jansen joined us instead of Man Utd - he is more likely to get games at Bournemouth than he is at Palace. Good for him :p

Absolution
30-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Probably not a bad career move, younger players generally find it easier to break into first team football in League One. If he has the ability he will move up the footballing ladder.

In that respect he is probably smarter than a lot of other younger players who go for bigger clubs despite little chance of getting a game.

thefox
30-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Who ? He would have been the new Simon wotshisname.

thefox
30-06-2010, 01:53 PM

Fat boy slims old mates say similar.

kabbott
30-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Similar reason that Matt Jansen joined us instead of Man Utd - he is more likely to get games at Bournemouth than he is at Palace. Good for him :p

Which doesn't mean Palace are as good as Man Utd as explained on other thread. :rolleyes:

Kevan Woz Awful
30-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Don't fancy him. He's only got one eye

Seems armless enough.