PDA

View Full Version : Stern John released

Beanie
01-07-2010, 08:15 AM
He seems to have vanished. Not on anybody on BBS retained list, not been announced he's been released, not been offered a new deal. Was only on a one year deal wasn't he? If so must be out of contract, do we just assume he's gone?

spt1978
01-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Didnt GB say he was struggling to contact him?

The Gerry Queen
01-07-2010, 08:21 AM
He seems to have vanished. Not on anybody on BBS retained list, not been announced he's been released, not been offered a new deal. Was only on a one year deal wasn't he? If so must be out of contract, do we just assume he's gone?

We will hear from him if his bonus is 2 minutes late or 5p less than he thought it should be .... I still havn't got rid of the image of him missing in front of the Wednesday goal with Ambrose unmarked , on side and screaming at him to square it to him. If Wednesday had taken their corner at the end and scored John would have been on the end of an entirely different contract :grrr:

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
We will hear from him if his bonus is 2 minutes late or 5p less than he thought it should be ....

Where exactly do you get that idea from?

the kooch
01-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Didnt GB say he was struggling to contact him?

Good news.

dowieslovechild
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I'd be happy to see him go. Didn't do anything for me and as for the 'back pass' to the Sheff Wed goalkeeper, need I say any more....

eagle mart
01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Did a shift, important goal at Watford (&derby?) and was part of the team that worked miracles.

For that I thank him and wish him well.

nathe
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Is this like 'Where's wally'?

GreatGonzo
01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Could and should have scored more goals. One of his 2 gilt edged chances at Derby and we would have been safe before the final day. Missing when it was almost easier to score against WBA could have ensured we were safe before the last day. His failure to score 1 on 1 at Wednesday might things far more stressful than needed.

I think he was last seen playing in the World Cup for Nigeria under the name Yakubu.

cpfc4evandeva
01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Did a shift, important goal at Watford (&derby?) and was part of the team that worked miracles.

For that I thank him and wish him well.

This.

My two main memories will of course be when he was outragously greedy at Hilsborough (but still nearly scored) and away at watford.

When he scored that goal the Palace fans went absolutely mental and you could see on his face how much that goal meant to him :lux:

I don't think I'd like to see him back here, but I wish him all the luck in the world with his future.

dowieslovechild
01-07-2010, 12:45 PM
This.

My two main memories will of course be when he was outragously greedy at Hilsborough (but still nearly scored) and away at watford.

When he scored that goal the Palace fans went absolutely mental and you could see on his face how much that goal meant to him :lux:

I don't think I'd like to see him back here, but I wish him all the luck in the world with his future.

Why be greedy when you have no appetite, or were his eyes actually bigger than his belly that day?

ExiledStirling
01-07-2010, 01:07 PM
We will hear from him if his bonus is 2 minutes late or 5p less than he thought it should be .... I still havn't got rid of the image of him missing in front of the Wednesday goal with Ambrose unmarked , on side and screaming at him to square it to him. If Wednesday had taken their corner at the end and scored John would have been on the end of an entirely different contract :grrr:

indeed and lets not foget him being entirely to blame for their equaliser by not picking up his marker and ridiculously straying offside to give them an opportunity to launch yet another onslaught on our goal.

Probably one of the worst 10 minutes on a pitch ever by a player. Fact.

Absolution
01-07-2010, 01:19 PM
indeed and lets not foget him being entirely to blame for their equaliser by not picking up his marker and ridiculously straying offside to give them an opportunity to launch yet another onslaught on our goal.

Probably one of the worst 10 minutes on a pitch ever by a player. Fact.Considering what could have happened?? He could have basically finished the club off!

I guess any of the player's possible mistakes could have done that considering how high the stakes were.

His goal at Watford was so, so important though.

Cheers Stern, good luck in all future endeavours etc etc!

ThisIsDoM
01-07-2010, 01:24 PM
His goal at Watford was one of the best moments of the season for me. Apart from that he was mainly crap so I hope he doesn't stay but good luck to him! :p

Jim Cannon
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
This.

My two main memories will of course be when he was outragously greedy at Hilsborough (but still nearly scored)
He didn't nearly score. His greed could have got us relegated.
No news is Good News.

Stavros 69
01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
He's no big loss we can do so much better.

webbo1990
01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I was really chuffed when we got him, probably merely to pee off the inbreds from Bermondsey, more than his footballing skills. Not sure what he was like before the elbow injury, but when he came back he looked bloody awful.

The goal at Watford redeems him though, in my book. I hope we don't re-sign him. Goodbye & good luck Stern.

ThisIsDoM
01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
No news is Good News.

The ball was cleared off the line so I would say he nearly scored. Quite a few of us in the stands thought it was in.

Excowboy
01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I doub't we'll hear from him again. He'll probably pop up in a couple of weeks in the MLS.

hamge
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Wasn't there a clause in his contract that if he played x amount of games his contract would be extended?

webbo1990
01-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Wasn't there a clause in his contract that if he played x amount of games his contract would be extended?
He surely didnt trigger any clause, he only took part in 16 games for us.

trufan
01-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Worst ten minutes in a Palace shirt ever. Fact.

Don't call us, Stern . . .

MasterYoda
01-07-2010, 02:14 PM
he had a clause but he waived it so he could be picked again. While the clause was active BG wouldn't allow him to play

Beanie
01-07-2010, 02:22 PM
No news is Good News.
It took a good save from the keeper followed by a goal line clearance to stop him scoring - how nearly do you want? Yes, he was greedy, but most strikers are.

palace64
01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
GB wants players who WANT TO PLAY FOR PALACE so thats his lot

GodstoneEagle
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
He changed the game at Derby to grab us a valuable point and nearly score a sensational goal.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
He changed the game at Derby to grab us a valuable point and nearly score a sensational goal.

Yep - was fantastic that day and losing at Derby could have really hit morale - was a massive goal for us.

glaziers fan
01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
He fitted in very well to our formation as he floated into midfield and allowed Andrew and Scannell to make forward runs either side. However he is also lazy and slow and greedy so he was positionally the right type of player to fill in for Lee, but other than a decent touch he lacked the other necessary attributes for a CCC striker.

Stigma
06-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Still no news about him?
(hopefully never seen in a Palace shirt again)

Another Oxted Eagle
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM

You dont remember Riccardo Fuller vs Wolves then. Now that was proper shocking:D

jimos_uk
06-07-2010, 12:41 PM

God, if that was the worst 10 then I'm fairly sure I was hallucinating for a large portion of the mid 90s.

Not to say it wasn't dreadful, mind....

milky87
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Didn't do anything for me

He single handidly got us a point at Derby

Banger
06-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Played well at home to Preston. Would keep him on a pay as you play contract if he wants to stay.

cpfcfan1
06-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Could work with Morrison very well, given the right service from the flanks could also score a few

Ketteridge
06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
God, if that was the worst 10 then I'm fairly sure I was hallucinating for a large portion of the mid 90s.

Amir Karic, nuff said

GreatGonzo
06-07-2010, 01:55 PM
He single handidly got us a point at Derby

Single handedly dropped 2 points at Derby when he couldn't put the chances away? :p

GodstoneEagle
06-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Single handedly dropped 2 points at Derby when he couldn't put the chances away? :p
:clown: :clown: :clown:

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
06-07-2010, 03:06 PM

You mental ;)

Billingshurst
06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
If he had scored at Derby then the final game at Hillsborough would not have been such a great day out....including his contributions.

I would have him on a pay as you play contract because what other striking options do we have?

Stellavista
06-07-2010, 03:18 PM
You dont remember Riccardo Fuller vs Wolves then. Now that was proper shocking:D

Or Zohar vs anyone.

GreatGonzo
06-07-2010, 03:18 PM
If he had scored at Derby then the final game at Hillsborough would not have been such a great day out....including his contributions.

I would have him on a pay as you play contract because what other striking options do we have?

Lee, Scannell, Zaha, Pinney, Andrew has a contract offer and BG is in talks with Morriosn, so how many can we afford?

Will John offer us anything different? IMO if Morrison does sign then John would offer nothing different. Plus Morrison is not a 1st name like all our oth strikers ;)

Agree with your comment about Sheff Wed being exciting because he did not put away 2 other good chances at Derby, or his one against WBA or the 1 on 1 at hillsborough but in retort to single handedly changing the game there is some balance to the argument against.

trufan
06-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Peerless in terms of the amount of awfulness squeezed into the space of a mere ten minutes. Not saying we haven't seen worse players in the red and blue, or even that Stern's contribution as a whole was universally poor. Just saying that "performance" at Hillsborough, when taken in isolation, was mind-bogglingly crap.

I stand by my original statement. :)

doodledandy
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, I don't think he made it past, or even up to the X- factor, so don't worry about it. :D

GreatGonzo
06-07-2010, 03:39 PM
He did but teh reason he did not play before teh last few games was because that point was near. Guilfoyle only allowed him to be played again once John had agreed the clause would not be invoked. Apparently.

doodledandy
06-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Lee, Scannell, Zaha, Pinney, Andrew has a contract offer and BG is in talks with Morriosn, so how many can we afford?

Will John offer us anything different? IMO if Morrison does sign then John would offer nothing different. Plus Morrison is not a 1st name like all our oth strikers ;)

Agree with your comment about Sheff Wed being exciting because he did not put away 2 other good chances at Derby, or his one against WBA or the 1 on 1 at hillsborough but in retort to single handedly changing the game there is some balance to the argument against.
Did you really mean BG, or did you mean GB? Confusing innit!

GreatGonzo
06-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Did you really mean BG, or did you mean GB? Confusing innit!

GB :D or did i mean BG :confused: ;)

PALACEFAN
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Could and should have scored more goals. One of his 2 gilt edged chances at Derby and we would have been safe before the final day. Missing when it was almost easier to score against WBA could have ensured we were safe before the last day. His failure to score 1 on 1 at Wednesday might things far more stressful than needed.

I think he was last seen playing in the World Cup for Nigeria under the name Yakubu.

If hadn't scored at Watford, we could have gone behind and lost that game.

Gilt edge chances at Derby? He completely changed the game and created a few chances on his own.

PALACEFAN
06-07-2010, 04:08 PM
No news is Good News.

Of course he nearly scored. The ball bounced on the line.

Woosie
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Get rid, ASAP! Nothing against the guy as a person, just think he didn't do much of use for us last season.

The Gerry Queen
06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Peerless in terms of the amount of awfulness squeezed into the space of a mere ten minutes. Not saying we haven't seen worse players in the red and blue, or even that Stern's contribution as a whole was universally poor. Just saying that "performance" at Hillsborough, when taken in isolation, was mind-bogglingly crap.

I stand by my original statement. :)

Quite right. If Wednesday had scored another from the corner that wasn't taken, Stern John would have needed a new identity and relocation to Mars.

doodledandy
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Of course he nearly scored. The ball bounced on the line.
Yeah right, of course he nearly scored, but he didn't. It's just like a woman nearly being pregnant! Being fair to the guy, he was injured for a long spell and didn't really get to gell with the rest of the team, but like Clinton Morrison, his past record is good!

davemorris04
06-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Please do not offer this donkey another deal, Andrew signing on again is bad enough

thehalifaxman
06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Please do not offer this donkey another deal, Andrew signing on again is bad enough

leave this guy alone. Young player who shown vast improvement last season when given a decent run. I don't think he's signed anyway just been offered a deal.

Gerry from Sussex
06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
To be fair, Stern John never really had a decent run in the side so we don't know what he would have been like if he had got into a groove. From what we did see he wasn't great but he wasn't bad either. Time and age are against him though so I suspect the wages could be put to better use.

Gerry from Sussex
06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
leave this guy alone. Young player who shown vast improvement last season when given a decent run. I don't think he's signed anyway just been offered a deal.

And he put in one of best performances at Hillsborough when the chips were down - which suggests to me he has potential.

cpfck1llz
06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
scored a really important goal v watford. other than that he was crap

cpfc4evandeva
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm not saying I'd want him back but the abuse he is getting on here is ridiculous.

He wasn't the fittest and his legs imo were starting to go.

But he was a classy player with the ball at his feet. And that header against Watford was top quality.

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Great news but he's on holiday in the carribean at the moment and Burley has been unable to contact him :/

CPFC_DAVE77
06-07-2010, 05:34 PM
scored a really important goal v watford. other than that he was crap

Erm, Derby?

rhynoeagle
06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Erm, Derby?

One of my most memorable goals of the season. When he comes on he changes games, he gets it on the floor and encouraged our very direct team to play it around. He's on high wages and his attitude isnt great but, if we can financially improve his contract get him back on :)

CPFC_DAVE77
06-07-2010, 05:48 PM
One of my most memorable goals of the season. When he comes on he changes games, he gets it on the floor and encouraged our very direct team to play it around. He's on high wages and his attitude isnt great but, if we can financially improve his contract get him back on :)

Personally I'd let him go, but to say he contributed nothing is batty!

100% Palace
06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
if his wages are high then the best thing is to get rid and use the budget elsewhere. At his age i wouldnt expect him to be up to a full season.

Riccardo
07-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I'd like to see him have an injury free run out in the first team.

I don't think he was that bad ! And what are his wages ? People guess so much on these boards. We have no idea, let's be honest.

I'd like him to be starting first game of the season.

Bigtoe82
07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
His goal at Derby was one of the most raucous scenes I have ever witnessed, actually to be fair to whole day was incredibly raucous!

ANDYEAGLE
07-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I'd like to see him have an injury free run out in the first team.

I don't think he was that bad ! And what are his wages ? People guess so much on these boards. We have no idea, let's be honest.

I'd like him to be starting first game of the season.

I think it would be it be fair to assume his wages were high last season as he turned down a offer at Southampton to join us. He was probably on about 8k a week on a one yearer. The problem for me is I can't ever see him being match fit again. Do we want someone who is only going to be able to play 45 minutes?

THETwins
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Let him go. An older, fatter, lazier and generally shítter version of clinton morrison

Riccardo
07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
The problem for me is I can't ever see him being match fit again. Do we want someone who is only going to be able to play 45 minutes?

Of course not fella. Would love him 100% fit for his last season in the 2nd tier of English football though :)

Riccardo
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Let him go. An older, fatter, lazier and generally shítter version of clinton morrison

Harsh, considering the bloke has been dogged by injuries.

cartwheel
08-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Harsh, considering the bloke has been dogged by injuries.
An older, fatter, lazier, more injury prone and generally shítter version of clinton morrison

brooklynlou
08-07-2010, 02:47 AM
An older, fatter, lazier, more injury prone and generally shítter version of clinton morrison
:p

hulkster
08-07-2010, 04:58 AM
Jesus, that was bad!

How about Kaviedies against Chelsea!?!

Gollum
08-07-2010, 05:26 AM
None of these examples hold a candle to the mid-80's performances of Tommy Langley against just about anybody...!

wandering star
08-07-2010, 06:01 AM
His goal at Derby was one of the most raucous scenes I have ever witnessed, actually to be fair to whole day was incredibly raucous!

absolute top top day. When we scored I thought there would be casualties in the Palace end. Bodies everywhere, it was like the Alamo:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

cockles
08-07-2010, 07:12 AM
It seems no-one here (me included) knows what happenned to him.

That he's training in the US with an MLS side is best guess so far I think. He won't be back to us.

Eagle Kneevil
08-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Or Zohar vs anyone.

Christ, I grew up watching the truly astonishing dirge of Andy McCulloch. That was enough to make my seven-year-old self realise there was no point working hard on my game as, even at that age, I was better than McCulloch and could make it in the Second Division.

dowieslovechild
08-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Christ, I grew up watching the truly astonishing dirge of Andy McCulloch. That was enough to make my seven-year-old self realise there was no point working hard on my game as, even at that age, I was better than McCulloch and could make it in the Second Division.

Ditto!

Panther
08-07-2010, 08:57 AM
None of these examples hold a candle to the mid-80's performances of Tommy Langley against just about anybody...!

Just when I'm starting to get a decent night's kip, you have to go and mention him! I just hope you are visited in your dreams by Brian Bason or John Lacy........

pete eagle
08-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I bring to the table, Amir Karic. Truly awful...

THETwins
08-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Lief Anderson was mustard! Can remember a great diving header into his own goal :rolleyes:

rainbow_child
08-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I have never shouted at a Palace player so much than Stern when he came on against Shef Wed on the last day!

He came on with fresh legs and he didn't even have it in him to run around and close players down and for me he put in the laziest performance in the world under the circumstances of the game :veryangry

Get some one in a bit hungrier with more allot enthusiasm that isn't just picking up a pay check at the end of their career please! :lux:

hughff
08-07-2010, 09:47 PM
best left alone

Ruskin Old Boy
09-07-2010, 07:14 AM
It seems no-one here (me included) knows what happenned to him.

That he's training in the US with an MLS side is best guess so far I think. He won't be back to us.

Tis possible though Burley thinks he's somewhere in the Caribbean

hamge
09-07-2010, 08:04 AM
STERN JOHN HAS LEFT!

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/sport/John-s-time-Eagle-comes-end/article-2394648-detail/article.html

Oh south london
09-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Meh

NateEagle
09-07-2010, 08:16 AM
STERN JOHN HAS LEFT!

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/sport/John-s-time-Eagle-comes-end/article-2394648-detail/article.html

Couldnt really care less, rather his wage gone and replaced with a hungry young player. Also in that article good news about Calvin, Djilali and Cadogan signing new deals!

dick salad
09-07-2010, 08:26 AM
He played, we stayed up: Thanks Stern.

Stigma
09-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Crystal Palace have parted ways with veteran striker Stern John and are hoping to sign a new forward.

:lux:

hughff
09-07-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm going to offer my post at the top of the page as proof that GB reads the BBS! :p

Good news that Djilali and Cadogan have signed, means they still have some sort of potential. Andrew - meh - another warm body I guess...

LeeH
09-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for that goal Stern and for what you did - hope you find a new club soon :p

hoskingt
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Cheers Stern mate. However would not be thanking you if we had lost at Wednesday after you could have passed to Ambrose and he would have finished he game... but we stayed up! So thanks.

CPFC_DAVE77
09-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks for what you did, all the best.

This news excites me about as much as a Stuart Green rampage down the wing.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
09-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Glad we are starting to get things sorted with the squad we have now.

Yes you were frustrating at Hillsborough but that goal at Derby and the one at Watford were crucial for us too. So all the best Stern.

Will S
09-07-2010, 11:56 AM
I dream of my boss saying that about me one day: "We tried to find Will but he's somewhere in the Caribbean and we can't find him"

cpfcben
09-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks for Derby (Away), what an amazing cameo. Stern came close to scoring one of the most amazing goals I have ever seen.

Mad Raschic Ken
09-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks for Derby (Away), what an amazing cameo. Stern came close to scoring one of the most amazing goals I have ever seen.

Without his immense performance in the second half that day I don't believe we would have stayed up. He wasn't great most of the rest of the time, but he paid us back that afternoon. Good luck to him.

carlito
09-07-2010, 12:44 PM
I like Stern, but he is getting on a bit it has to be said and I think it showed this season. Messing up that opportunity at Hillsborough was embarrassing but as said before he was a true lifesaver against Derby. Good luck to him I say :p

webbo1990
09-07-2010, 01:42 PM
I think the whole story of Stern John having disappeared "in the carribbean somewhere" says it all about the guy - laid back and not particularly bothered. Good on him if he's not bothered about it, but he could have at least returned GB's calls, even through his agent or something.

Oh well, he can go knowing he did us a turn with his couple of goals at the business end of last season. See ya later!

Chillo
09-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I dream of my boss saying that about me one day: "We tried to find Will but he's somewhere in the Caribbean and we can't find him"

In your dreams :D

Celestial Empire
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Also in that article good news about Calvin, Djilali and Cadogan signing new deals!

Yes, excellent news.

Crunchie
09-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Glad we are starting to get things sorted with the squad we have now.

Yes you were frustrating at Hillsborough but that goal at Derby and the one at Watford were crucial for us too. So all the best Stern.

Agreed on both parts.

It could have been better for him and Palace. if he didn't dislocate his elbow, as he looked quite impressive on his home debut against Plymouth, especially when Lee was injured.

Still it looks like he would have been a bit of a Hot and Cold player performance wise.

Thanks for the important goals Stern.

cpalacefan88
09-07-2010, 03:47 PM
we need someone that can fully live up to the number 9 now!!!!!!!!!!

cpalacefan88
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
yes more positive news djilali cadogan and andrew staying on. hopefully they will all push on and be very handy this season

Skiddo
09-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the first goal at Watford away.

Palace fans went ballastic, and it sent us on our way that night :p :lux:

mrgins
09-07-2010, 08:41 PM
is stern john coming back?

Oh south london
09-07-2010, 08:42 PM
No

hamge
09-07-2010, 08:42 PM
No

bradpitt
09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
No

mrgins
09-07-2010, 08:52 PM
so is that a maybe?

Reps AJ
09-07-2010, 08:53 PM
No

SA Eagle
09-07-2010, 08:53 PM
No

mrgins
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
No?

Godstone Eagle
09-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Non

Coulsdon Eagle
09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Niet

Mike Elwiss
09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
yes........................ i mean no

Mike Elwiss
09-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I make it 7 who was part of the squad at Hillsborough & are now no longer at the club.

Matty ,Hill , Ertl ,Butterfield , Derry ,Carle & John

Coulsdon Eagle
09-07-2010, 09:08 PM
high earners off the wage bill.......

AddiscombeCPFC
09-07-2010, 09:10 PM
high earners off the wage bill.......

Indeed - and they're all very replaceable. Onwards and upwards!

Mike Elwiss
09-07-2010, 09:10 PM
all have had their best years as well

Coulsdon Eagle
09-07-2010, 09:11 PM
we've had their best years

Kipungu
09-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Nahi. Had their best years.

beef
09-07-2010, 09:29 PM
good news

Brummie Allan
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
good newsNO

pumaspalace
09-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Nein

GodstoneEagle
10-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Without his immense performance in the second half that day I don't believe we would have stayed up. He wasn't great most of the rest of the time, but he paid us back that afternoon. Good luck to him.
That, and the looping header down our end at Watford were worth all the bad performances. I nearly had a coronary when the ball was trickling along the goal line at Hillsborough.

SE19_denizen
10-07-2010, 12:45 PM
any player not hungry to play and keen to work with the manager doesnt deserve to wear the palace shirt

Seaside Eagle
10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
any player not hungry to play and keen to work with the manager doesnt deserve to wear the palace shirt

We don't know that he wasn't. All we know is that he was not contactable.

cpfc4evandeva
10-07-2010, 01:18 PM
This news excites me about as much as a Stuart Green rampage down the wing.

:D

dorkinglad
14-07-2010, 01:30 PM
The system we played last year never suited him. He is a player who needs the ball to feet when he can be highly effective. He was ineffective for Palace probably because he was never really fit enough after the dislocated shoulder on the first day of the season.

David Amsalem
14-07-2010, 05:18 PM

And Watford. I agree.

People will remember him leaving Purse but only because we were punished in that instance. Derry did exactly the same to Jeffers who should have scored but luckily, he failed miserably.

I'll rather remember the buzz I felt with his goals at Watford and Derby.

And when he rattled the bar at Derby, wow, that's was so very closely one of the best goals scored by a Palace player. It never went in and look at how much a lot of us speak about it!

the kooch
14-07-2010, 05:40 PM
good news
Good news indeed.

Did we really need a 34 year old fat man who is frequently injured? No.