PDA

View Full Version : Darel Russell on a free (suggestion)

Ashleyno1son
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Norwich midfielder Darel Russell is out of contract

Russell has played more than 200 games for Norwich in two spells
Norwich midfielder Darel Russell is now a free agent after he failed to sign a new contract offer at Carrow Road.

The 29-year-old attacking midfielder played 39 times last season, scoring three times, as the Canaries achieved promotion back to the Championship.

Norwich manager Paul Lambert said: "I've spoken to Darel and he's free to talk to whoever he wants to now.

"As everybody knows he has been brilliant for me and the club over the years, but he's now a free agent."

Russell began his a career at Norwich as a trainee in 1997 before switching to Stoke City in 2003 before returning to Carrow Road for a second spell four years later.

We've been linked to him a couple of times over the past few years and could be a replacement for Derry in the defensive midfield role.

I think he would be a great squad player, thoughts?:p

rhynoeagle
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Is he the one with pretty mad hair ? A bit like Don Goodman ?

I remeber he always wore really bright yellow gloves. Sign him up ;)

Woosie
Norwich midfielder Darel Russell is out of contract

Russell has played more than 200 games for Norwich in two spells
Norwich midfielder Darel Russell is now a free agent after he failed to sign a new contract offer at Carrow Road.

The 29-year-old attacking midfielder played 39 times last season, scoring three times, as the Canaries achieved promotion back to the Championship.

Norwich manager Paul Lambert said: "I've spoken to Darel and he's free to talk to whoever he wants to now.

"As everybody knows he has been brilliant for me and the club over the years, but he's now a free agent."

Russell began his a career at Norwich as a trainee in 1997 before switching to Stoke City in 2003 before returning to Carrow Road for a second spell four years later.

We've been linked to him a couple of times over the past few years and could be a replacement for Derry in the defensive midfield role.

I think he would be a great squad player, thoughts?:p

Says he's an attacking midfielder, so he wouldn't be a replacement for Derry.

Not sure we would need him if the players we have been linked with sign, as we will have enough central midfielders by then. Plus his age counts against him in that repsect as well. Not really someone I would say would be a good signing tbh.

beef
Managed to get him to Darlo on a free on FM, he was amazing.

LiamCPFC
01-07-2010, 07:11 PM
A few years ago yes, not too sure now.

MFC
01-07-2010, 09:32 PM
would not be a bad signing for us lot but other teams may offer him big wage or etc we may lose out to him.

ChristalPalace
01-07-2010, 09:46 PM
The fact that Norwich couldn't match his demands suggests we probably couldn't either.

Gooders
01-07-2010, 09:51 PM
He's probably heading to someone like Blackpool if he's turned down a new contract at Naarch.

kolinkins
01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Danns is better

ChristalPalace
05-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Signed for Preston yesterday.