PDA

View Full Version : steve simonsen - suggestion

Leif Andersen
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Just been released by Stoke. Available on a free. 31 years of age. Could be good back-up to Speroni if Burley doesnt think Mann is ready yet

Would be happy to be back up as its been his role throughout his career, but stable when called upon.

Jay_Palace
01-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Too expensive for someone who will, at best, play a handful of games a season.

Leif Andersen
01-07-2010, 09:40 PM
ok, i take it back. to be honest i would rather we just keep mann as back-up. he is a good young keeper and could learn alot from the pressure of being no 2

ChristalPalace
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Will probably go back to Sheffield United after a spell on loan there last season. The Blades have lost Paddy Kenny to QPR and Ian Bennett to Huddersfield in the close season, and so are in need of TWO new keepers.

RDSdaEAGLE
01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
He's signing for t'Blades, from what I've heard :)

hughff
01-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Wages too high for a backup and would be very unhappy on the bench too.

pardew's shorts
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM
GB is looking for a No.2, but I'd be inclined to stick with Jules and Charlie. If Jules picked up an injury an emergency loan would be easy to source.

Psychokiller
02-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Not sure if we need to sign another keeper tbh. Just put Mann on the bench and bring in a loanee if Jules gets injured or suspended. We went through almost the entire Warnock era without even having a keeper on the bench because Jules is so consistent.

ChristalPalace
02-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Not sure if we need to sign another keeper tbh. Just put Mann on the bench and bring in a loanee if Jules gets injured or suspended. We went through almost the entire Warnock era without even having a keeper on the bench because Jules is so consistent.

This.

Flahavan made two league appearances for Palace. Away at Cardiff in 08/09 because Jules' son was being born and at home to Newcastle last season because Jules had nearly died a couple of days before at Ipswich. Other than that he simply wasn't needed, as shown by his loan spells at Leeds and Oldham.