PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Speculation

DaveP
02-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I know the Croydon Advertiser has gone down in a lot of people's estimations recently but after reading it today this is what they have reported.

George Burley is said to be interested in making moves to sign Clinton Morrison, James Harper, Andy Dorman, Lee Martin, Robert Koren, and Liam Rosenior.

Again, are they just suggesting names or any real truth in these?

We know james Harper is apparently very close to a done deal, Andy Dorman is also apparently in talks as is Clinton, but Martin, Koren, and Rosenior are new names that have come up.

If we amazingly signed all 6 they would all be excellent signings for us.

saxoneagle
02-07-2010, 08:21 AM
I think Koren is supposed to have signed for Leeds.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
02-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Clinton..nnnnoooooooo, please George, that really would spoil all the pre season excitement.

Clapham Grand
02-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Koren? surely we can't afford him?

karl.eldridge
02-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Koren has signed for Leeds

Garfy
02-07-2010, 08:29 AM
All would add a lot. Always liked Rosenior, remember Harper scoring against Palace the year they were promoted. These would all improve our squad.

kolinkins
02-07-2010, 08:30 AM
shame about Koren going to Leeds, that lot of signings would be awesome. Though, with Ambrose, Danns and possibly Harper, where would Koren play?

CPFCNathan
02-07-2010, 08:36 AM
As above, shame Koren has gone to Leeds but it would be brilliant if we could get all the others !

rhynoeagle
02-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I know the Croydon Advertiser has gone down in a lot of people's estimations recently but after reading it today this is what they have reported.

George Burley is said to be interested in making moves to sign Clinton Morrison, James Harper, Andy Dorman, Lee Martin, Robert Koren, and Liam Rosenior.

We know james Harper is apparently very close to a done deal, Andy Dorman is also apparently in talks as is Clinton, but Martin, Koren, and Rosenior are new names that have come up.

I havent seen the rumours of us signing Andy Dorman, Lee Martin, Robert Koren, and Liam Rosenior on there ?

Oh south london
02-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Dorman and Harper are the next ones we should try and get. Both would be excellent. It seems we are close on Harper but I wont be celebrating until he is over the line.

Stigma
02-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Can't find anything on the web about Koren already agreeing something with Leeds?

til_i_die
02-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Would like it if we signed Lee Martin, just 'cos I used to play with him at Coney Hall!

ChristalPalace
02-07-2010, 08:53 AM
http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/index.php?topic=2204&limit=12

This Weeds site reckons they're after Danns and Ambrose... The number of players on that list, they must still think they're in the Champions League.

A young Hearts defender is listed on there, but he only joined them as a youth player in 2006, a year after Burley's brief spell there.

Popeye'89
02-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I know it's hardly the most reliable of sources, but wikipedia says that Robert Koren is currently a free agent.

Stavros 69
02-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Would like to see Hayden Mullins back at Palace.
He'd be the holder that we need and can play in many positions.
Just wages i guess.

Stavros 69
02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Lee Carsley would be a great signing too.

Psychokiller
02-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Isn't Carsley about 43? He seems to have been around for years!

GreatGonzo
02-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Was told when i suggested Carsley taht there are health problems with his wife because of which he will stay in the midlands.

Cake and Eat It
02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Some of those Leeds fans are mentalists. Dacourt, Pires, Ballack are on their suggested lists - seriously.

I would love us to turn those arrogant twats over twice this year.

Freddy Kurz
02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Isn't Carsley about 43? He seems to have been around for years!

He's actually 36. Born 28.2.74

dangerous Nigel
02-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Is the embargo still in place until the League meeting?

Meaning that we cannot actually buy someone for cash and only pick up freebies?

alphabet
02-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Hayden Mullins????? NO THANKS!

Freddy Kurz
02-07-2010, 11:54 AM

Let's ee how many of these guys actually sign before the Adder is allowed
to restore it's credibility......

Neckinger Eagle
02-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Shame it's not on their web site, the idea of Robert Koren in a red and blue shirt is mouth watering.

brooklynlou
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Shame it's not on their web site, the idea of Robert Koren in a red and blue shirt is mouth watering.

The idea of a midfield consisting of Danns - Harper - Koren - Ambrose at this level is downright scary. Would probably be the best midfield we've had in nearly 10 years.

Lords Eagle
02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I know it's hardly the most reliable of sources, but wikipedia says that Robert Koren is currently a free agent.

He's not in the squad on the LUFC official site either

rhynoeagle
02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Shame we have no chance in getting Koren. :(

NateEagle
02-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Koren :love: Have to say i havent heard any news of him signing...or even meeting with Leeds.

Would take all the others as well, great signings...c'mon Harper, this weekend would be nice! :p

Isnt this fun compared to a few months ago :lux: I reckon we should go for David Villa

webbo1990
02-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Koren :love: Have to say i havent heard any news of him signing...or even meeting with Leeds.

Would take all the others as well, great signings...c'mon Harper, this weekend would be nice! :p

Isnt this fun compared to a few months ago :lux: I reckon we should go for David Villa
Funny you say that, i've heard he is a local lad until his folks took him to Valencia at the age of 3. He still supports CP though, apparently.

LeeH
02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Is the embargo still in place until the League meeting?

Meaning that we cannot actually buy someone for cash and only pick up freebies?
No, we can do any business that we want, we just can't register them with the FL until we are out of admin officially.

At the moment Burley is going throigh frees and loans first, then will look at purchases apparently.

Big Blue Eagle
02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Hayden Mullins????? NO THANKS!

So we should reject a player who has spent the last 4-5 seasons playing regularly in the Premiership while we languish in the Championship. Hayden is probably our most successful "export" alongside Southgate. And is still just 31.

GreatGonzo
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
The idea of a midfield consisting of Danns - Harper - Koren - Ambrose at this level is downright scary. Would probably be the best midfield we've had in nearly 10 years.

Can't see it working, great individuals but as a unit think it would be disfunctional, much like the England midfield with 4 Centre mids in it.

----Lee/Morrison/Scannell-----
Boyd-------Dorman------Koren
-----Harper-------Danns------
Wright--Davis-McCarthy--Clyne

That though might look quite devestating, Could have Ambrose instead of Boyd but this allows for him to go should that occur. That 1st team would be put together for no net cost.

Stavros 69
02-07-2010, 01:54 PM
You need better strikers.

KungFuCharlie
02-07-2010, 01:58 PM

Indeed

GreatGonzo
02-07-2010, 01:59 PM

Possibly, someone like morrison with a ball into feet has the ability to make a yard turn and shoot, or to bring in the 3 attacking midfielders or late runner with a pass.

Alan Lee would be better tplaying with a long ball knocked down to a runner behind him.

Either could work but i still think Burley will go 4-4-2.

Celestial Empire
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Why did Koren not re-sign for West Brom ? I think it was because of extortionate wages (he is also 30 BTW)

Meanwhile, QPR are "celebrating" the signing of Clint and Shaun, and their rumours are that Butterfield and James Beattie will be next. That'll be a balanced young squad ready for the Prem.:confused:

Stavros 69
02-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Possibly, someone like morrison with a ball into feet has the ability to make a yard turn and shoot, or to bring in the 3 attacking midfielders or late runner with a pass.

Alan Lee would be better tplaying with a long ball knocked down to a runner behind him.

Either could work but i still think Burley will go 4-4-2.
As much as i like Clint for the old times he is not the answer.
We need to go younger and quicker.

Stavros 69
02-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Why did Koren not re-sign for West Brom ? I think it was because of extortionate wages (he is also 30 BTW)

Meanwhile, QPR are "celebrating" the signing of Clint and Shaun, and their rumours are that Butterfield and James Beattie will be next. That'll be a balanced young squad ready for the Prem.:confused:
I'd take James Beattie in a heartbeat.

Celestial Empire
02-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I have a hunch that GB might bring in an east European striker later on, once he sees how the land lies.

Riccardo
02-07-2010, 02:09 PM

I guess he's probably on 40k a week at Stoke ?

Celestial Empire
02-07-2010, 02:13 PM

32 now, last season wrecked by injuries, last time he was in the Champs with ShefU, fans complained he was overpaid, lazy and not motivated, and couldn't wait to get rid.

rhynoeagle
02-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Still its going to be good watching a "New" Palace :D

Can't wait.

GreatGonzo
02-07-2010, 02:17 PM

Only started 26 of their their league games last season, i don't think he was thought of as first choice by Di Matteo and Dorrans will get the slot in the CM next to a more defensive partner next season.

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
02-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I havent seen the rumours of us signing Andy Dorman, Lee Martin, Robert Koren, and Liam Rosenior on there ?
I've seen tht we're in talks with Dorman, Morrison, Harper, Adam Barrett (Closest to signing and should be second signing, southends captain at cb, 30yrs old).

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
oh and lloyd sam

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
02-07-2010, 02:36 PM

JOE COLE PLZ, FREE AGENT? koren is currently a free agent btw ;)

NateEagle
02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Funny you say that, i've heard he is a local lad until his folks took him to Valencia at the age of 3. He still supports CP though, apparently.

I assume Im having a wooooooosh moment here. You can't be serious??

NathanCPFCD
02-07-2010, 02:39 PM
JOE COLE PLZ, FREE AGENT? koren is currently a free agent btw ;)

I heard Joe Cole's set for Spurs. Shame, would have been a great acquisition. ;)

Popeye'89
02-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Was told when i suggested Carsley taht there are health problems with his wife because of which he will stay in the midlands.

Almost, somebody on here previously mentioned that his son is disabled and he goes to a certain school in the Midlands which provides everything that the lad needs.

Popeye'89
02-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Speroni
Clyne McCarthy Davis Wright
Mullins Danns
Ambrose Koren Harper
Morrison

In a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Your thoughts?

GreatGonzo
02-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Almost, somebody on here previously mentioned that his son is disabled and he goes to a certain school in the Midlands which provides everything that the lad needs.

Ah may have been his son they mentioned.

Stavros 69
02-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Speroni
Mullins Danns
Ambrose Koren Harper
Morrison

In a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Your thoughts?
The strikers aren't good enough.

Popeye'89
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
The strikers aren't good enough.

Perhaps if a better striker was used, a quick goalscorer should we manage to find one.

How many think that the formation would work?

alphabet
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
So we should reject a player who has spent the last 4-5 seasons playing regularly in the Premiership while we languish in the Championship. Hayden is probably our most successful "export" alongside Southgate. And is still just 31.

Yes, in my opinion we should reject Mullins. Too expensive and too old.

We need to build for future not live in the past. What is it with re signing ex players.

We have had him once, we dont need him a second time. Move on.

Stavros 69
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Perhaps if a better striker was used, a quick goalscorer should we manage to find one.

How many think that the formation would work?
Badly.
We all know what is needed to get out of the division.

Speroni
Solid back 4
One good holder
One good playmaker
two wingers
big man
little man

SpikeyMatt
02-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Speroni
Mullins Danns
Ambrose Koren Harper
Morrison

In a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Your thoughts?

Pretty bloody good if you ask me.

Likelihood of us getting all of Harper, Koren and Mullins... nil.

Mad Raschic Ken
02-07-2010, 03:25 PM

I really hate it when players I've seen play in the youth team start to be considered as veterans. Must be getting old.

Celestial Empire
02-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I really hate it when players I've seen play in the youth team start to be considered as veterans. Must be getting old.

How many times has that happened to you ?;)

cpfcben
02-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Liam Rosenior is toilet.

David
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM

Koren is very unrealistic for a club of our size.

SE25Eagle
02-07-2010, 04:58 PM

We need to build for future not live in the past. What is it with re signing ex players.

We have had him once, we dont need him a second time. Move on.

Sorry to sound stupid, but where have we been linked with Mullins..?

PJJY
03-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Sorry to sound stupid, but where have we been linked with Mullins..?

We haven't.

FromSelhurst
03-07-2010, 09:52 AM
shame about Koren going to Leeds, that lot of signings would be awesome. Though, with Ambrose, Danns and possibly Harper, where would Koren play?

danns, harper, koren midfield 3.

ambrose part of the forward line.

would have been a very special team with koren pulling the strings!

FromSelhurst
03-07-2010, 09:55 AM
rosenior is a very good free transfer, not someone we would need now though with wright just signed and clyne still on the books.

winston the dog
03-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I've been avoiding football a little lately.. Does being linked with so many players mean we have money to spend?

thehalifaxman
03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Mullins is an unrealistic target. Way to good for us and too much money. He'll be a squad player for a prem club The fact people are considering him beneath us is staggering.

Aaroncpfc
03-07-2010, 10:47 AM
As impressive as that list is and I hope they do join us who are we going to use for a holding midfielder?

FromSelhurst
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
As impressive as that list is and I hope they do join us who are we going to use for a holding midfielder?

danns with harper would be balanced enough not to require a specific holding midfielder.

harper must have played the more defensive role when paired with sidwell.

jams1234
03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I think that we are interested in Koren;Burley has stated how there is not a playmaker in our team, and how he is on the look out for one. Harper seems more of a Danns-esque midfielder, so Koren makes sense.

Unless he means Dorman, which I would be happy with.

Kai
03-07-2010, 05:07 PM
It only makes sense to be interested in a player like Koren because he's a very good player. Getting him is an entirely different matter, but it doesn't hurt to check and hear his demands. If they are out of our league, then so be it.

Ridcully
03-07-2010, 07:37 PM
danns with harper would be balanced enough not to require a specific holding midfielder.

harper must have played the more defensive role when paired with sidwell.

He did

Bobsta
03-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I just hope harper signs soon!!

dufski13
03-07-2010, 08:46 PM

I didn't see Hayden in the youth team, but I saw his debut, as I did our assistant managers, and that all makes me feel pretty bleeding old.

Mad Raschic Ken
04-07-2010, 10:07 AM
How many times has that happened to you ?;)

George Ndah was probably the first. Happening far too often these days!