PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Simeon Jackson available

jeffers1960
06-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I think this is one striker that could really do well for us.......

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06072010/63/scally-won-t-block-jackson-exit.html

he has lived in Croydon before

Would hate it if he went to Millwall

EagleSE24
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Sadly I think he's out of our price range.

jeffers1960
06-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Cant see Millwall being able to bid too much though ..Norwich maybe but would he not prefer to stay south ?

bigend1
06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
he has lived in Croydon before

in which case.. no bloody chance! ;)

webbo1990
06-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Cant see Millwall being able to bid too much though ..Norwich maybe but would he not prefer to stay south ?
Norwich is hardly north though and seeing as he's Canadian he must be use to travelling and adapting. I've only seen glimses here and there, i'm not convinced he'll be worth the punt at whatever silly price Gills want. I've heard 750k. No thanks.

leicester1
06-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Worth a gamble.

davemorris04
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Worth a punt imo

jeffers1960
06-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Norwich is hardly north though and seeing as he's Canadian he must be use to travelling and adapting. I've only seen glimses here and there, i'm not convinced he'll be worth the punt at whatever silly price Gills want. I've heard 750k. No thanks.

£750k would be great business IMO .......Its the sort of gamble ( although I dont think it would be one ) we should be going for

DaveP
06-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Apparently Burley has shown a bit of interest in him, in his last year of contract at Gillingham, could get for a fairly smallish fee, could be worth the gamble.

KungFuCharlie
06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
£750k would be great business IMO .......Its the sort of gamble ( although I dont think it would be one ) we should be going for

Might be £750k in the same way that Moses was going to go for £5m.

jeffers1960
06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Dougie and and Adam Barrett will know all about Simeon Jackson

CPFC_DAVE77
06-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Dougie and and Adam Barrett will know all about Simeon Jackson

Why?

cpfcfan1
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Kind of player we should be looking at, would be very happy if he signed

Nelson Muntz
06-07-2010, 06:26 PM
The Gills fans dont rate him that highly.

andy m
06-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Got 14 league goals in a relegated side last season which is pretty decent. £750k is a big gamble for a player who's never played above League 1 though.

andy m
06-07-2010, 08:24 PM
The Gills fans dont rate him that highly.

They are nuggets though.

Ralph
06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Type of gamble I would back but not be disappointed to see us look elsewhere.

jeffers1960
06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Why?
they would have come up against him playing for Southend

jeffers1960
06-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Got 14 league goals in a relegated side last season which is pretty decent. £750k is a big gamble for a player who's never played above League 1 though.

Maynard ( £2m ) was gambled on for more money and made it in the championship

doodledandy
06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
And where exactly is the the 750K coming from?

Yours and a few other peoples memories, must be ultra short mate, assuming you understood what Steve Parish and Goerge Burley said just a couple of weeks ago.

Palace will field a team of freebie's or players costing less than 100K at most (assuming they're worth it), along with the crop of players still under contract, that's for sure. Forget the big ideas and wise up.

Personally I see next season as being the "dirty dozen (or so)" with more than a touch of "the good, the bad and the ugly" who will make it happen through "true Grit". Just get behind them and help make it happen. :p

Jason
06-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Not convinced on this one to be honest. I was actually really keen for us to get him when he was at Rushden, and was a bit dissappointed that we didn't go in for him for the sake of £150k. His form at Gillingham though suggests that the decision not to sign him was probably the right one. He's done well there, but not well enough to suggest that he's any more than a good League one player.

If he's going to cost £750k, he's simply not worth the gamble imho, although at £250k or so (perhaps in Jan if he doesn't move in the summer), he probably is, if for no other reason that he is young enough to develop further

Jimmy Eagle
06-07-2010, 10:09 PM

Yours and a few other peoples memories, must be ultra short mate, assuming you understood what Steve Parish and Goerge Burley said just a couple of weeks ago.

Palace will field a team of freebie's or players costing less than 100K at most (assuming they're worth it), along with the crop of players still under contract, that's for sure. Forget the big ideas and wise up.

Personally I see next season as being the "dirty dozen (or so)" who will make it happen through "true Grit". Just get behind them and help make it happen. :p

Where did you get that figure from? I seem to remember SP saying money is available if Burley needs it, and as long as it makes financial sense.

Aaroncpfc
06-07-2010, 10:16 PM
£750,000 for a player not proven above the relegation zone in League One? Remember Luke Varney? Remember Clive Platt? Remember Izale McLeod? All players 'proven' in League One that have been about as useful as Wayne Andrews in this division.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
07-07-2010, 03:46 AM
I don't think we'd spend anything near 750,000 on anyone this summer. And looking at the players we've already signed, I don't think we'd need to. There's so many free agents out there right now.

It's a good policy too. Saving on these transfer fees is boosting our ability to offer attractive personal terms. Even if we keep losing players, provided we have a decent scouting network and are able to anticipate replacements, and provided we sell players before their contracts expire, the future will be very bright for Palace.

Whenever people have broken down in tears at the prospect of losing players like Ben Watson, I've never really understood it. Players like Moses, yes, are so hard to replace, but if you look hard enough, most players can be easily replaced.

doodledandy
07-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Where did you get that figure from? I seem to remember SP saying money is available if Burley needs it, and as long as it makes financial sense.
Does it? I don't think so when there are so many decent players available for nix. That's where the clever money is and probably why Steve Parish is rich and most of us aren't! Why flash the cash when you don't need too?

jeffers1960
07-07-2010, 05:08 AM
Does it? I don't think so when there are so many decent players available for nix. That's where the clever money is and probably why Steve Parish is rich and most of us aren't! Why flash the cash when you don't need too?

Please tell me where all these free , natural goal scoring ,young ,fast forwards are mate :rolleyes: ??? ... 83 goals in 190 games is not that bad even if its in League 1/2 ...it says he knows where the goal is ,the last time we had someone scoring that sort of numbers he came from Birmingham reserves the rest as they say is history ! ....SP said some money would be available and that GB had the wage bill of the players that have left to play with ...we must have saved £480k pa on Carle's wages alone ....so IMO £750k which is what someone on here said Gills might take , is well worth the punt

Oh south london
07-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Too much money for someone who will do the same, if not worse than Clinton.

Fever Pitch
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
He has got a massive attitude problem, we used to know his ex bird.

The blokes a tool.

old geezer
07-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I often go drinking in the same circles as Paul Scally here in Dubai, I'll ask him tonight if there is any Palace interest in this guy.

rhynoeagle
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I'd be happy with him offering about 300,000 for him. Nothing else, if we were going to spend the £750,000 like people are saying hes worth or whatever, invest that in a player in a similiar position to AJ was, playing in the top league with no real scoring record, make sure he has pace and is younger then 26. Thats the sort of player i'd be happy to see us linked with. It hasn't worked out in the past, got a clean slate at palace to prove himself.

Bounty_Killa
07-07-2010, 10:57 AM

On the premise that we have now seen the following exit the club and their POSSIBLE weekly wages being "circa".

Carle - 10k
Derry - 5k
Butterfield - 4-5k
Lawrence - 3k
Hill - 4k
Ertl - 3k

Would this then not put us in a position to finance a purchase such as Simeon Jackson

jeffers1960
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I'd be happy with him offering about 300,000 for him. Nothing else, if we were going to spend the £750,000 like people are saying hes worth or whatever, invest that in a player in a similiar position to AJ was, playing in the top league with no real scoring record, make sure he has pace and is younger then 26. Thats the sort of player i'd be happy to see us linked with. It hasn't worked out in the past, got a clean slate at palace to prove himself.
AJ was not playing regulary in the top flight when we got him , he was surplus to Birminghams requirements hence he was the "makeweight "in the deal that took clinton to Brum , FYI Simeon Jackson has pace and is only 23, plus has played and scored regulary in League 1 which you could argue is better that Birmingham reserves and as you say AJ didnt score regulary for them , plus why would we want a striker with "no real scoring record " ?? :eek:

Voldo
07-07-2010, 11:07 AM
On the premise that we have now seen the following exit the club and their POSSIBLE weekly wages being "circa".

Carle - 10k
Derry - 5k
Butterfield - 4-5k
Lawrence - 3k
Hill - 4k
Ertl - 3k

Would this then not put us in a position to finance a purchase such as Simeon Jackson

Carle - 10k (probably covers payrise to Ambrose - if he is getting one and leave some for a freebie?)
Derry - 5k (Dorman)
Butterfield - 4-5k (Wright)
Lawrence - 3k (Barrett)
Hill - 4k (Stephen Jordan - if he signs)
Ertl - 3k

Doesn't leave much room i'm afriad - this is all guesswork btw - but you get the idea. Just playing Devil's advocate

webbo1990
07-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Some good, worthy arguments for and against, here. I'd be up for the guy IF we could rob them or stagger the payments i.e. £400k up front, then £50k for every 25 starts until £600k is paid, or something. £750k up front is a lot for us at the moment, surely.

I am sure they'd consider that, bearing in mind their relegation. All depends on the level of interest in the fella.

Bounty_Killa
07-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Doesn't leave much room i'm afriad - this is all guesswork btw - but you get the idea. Just playing Devil's advocate

no, fair play mate. It's an exiting time for us IMO and I'm looking and hoping for a small nippy bloke in the box to partner Mr Lee :)

Wonder how much we'd save if we got Stern off the books too??

webbo1990
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
no, fair play mate. It's an exiting time for us IMO and I'm looking and hoping for a small nippy bloke in the box to partner Mr Lee :)

Thousands on anger management!

Stigma
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM

Isn't Stern out of contract already?:confused:

Bounty_Killa
07-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Isn't Stern out of contract already?:confused:

You know, I'm not sure what's going on with him.

Anyone?

jeffers1960
07-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I think he's out of contract this week sometime as he signed last year just before we played Bromley in a friendly sometime in July...anyway back on topic..Simeon Jackson would be a great signing 5 Forwards in the squad is what we need : Lee, Andrew , Morrison , Jackson and Zaha :p

Chris K
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM

Carle - 10k
Derry - 5k
Butterfield - 4-5k
Lawrence - 3k
Hill - 4k
Ertl - 3k

You've forgotten to include the rent we save from owning our own ground which is £23076.92 per week

Riccardo
07-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I think a lot of people are being a bit harsh here.

Didn't he play in a pony side for most of his career in Medway, though banged in quite a few goals ?

jeffers1960
07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
exactly so in a decent side from South London ...he would do well ! ( And I dont mean Millwall ! )

CPFC BORN &BRED
07-07-2010, 12:05 PM
You've forgotten to include the rent we save from owning our own ground which is £23076.92 per week
good shout

nathe
07-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Didn't he play in a pony side for most of his career in Medway

Did they horse around?

Chris K
07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
nah the horses just pulled their homes

Vince Hilaire's Afro
07-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Did they horse around?

Terrible team, all they did was hoof it.

Sir.S.C Remembered
09-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Much better option than the likes of Clinton. Small pacey player who scores goals and is hungry for success and knows the area well. Would play well off a target man, which we have

Jon_C-Pal
09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
i wouldnt even call it a gamble signing him, hes a great player much like aj in the way he plays. He could definatly do it in N-PC

PalaceSince2004
09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
He will be a gamble!

He may not get going in the Championship or he may turn out to be a fantastic signing. Who knows!

Celestial Empire
09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
He will be a gamble!

He may not get going in the Championship or he may turn out to be a fantastic signing. Who knows!

I agree, I haven't been overly impressed with him from what I've seen.

PalaceSince2004
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I have! He has been scoring goals for Gillingham for fun in League 1 & 2

PalaceSince2004
09-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Watch his goal against Leeds between 1:10 - 1:16 especially. Reminds me of AJ!!
1:30 - 1:37 Great strength and good finish
4:35 - 4:43 - Goal against Aston Villa
7:22 - 7:27 - Great header in the league play-off's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwe84PKNdMc

Bounty_Killa
09-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Sign him up before Millwall do!!!!!

Would work really with Alan Lee :p

monkey nuts
09-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Strong, fast, good eye for goal

brooklynlou
09-07-2010, 02:58 PM
And for a short guy scores alot of headers.

Bounty_Killa
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Burley has also admitted he needs to strengthen the left side and hopes to add another striker to the squad. He is due to speak with Manchester City left back Stephen Jordan about a possible switch in the next few days, while Palace legend Clinton Morrison and Gillingham forward Simeon Jackson are other potential targets.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/news/Rebuilding-continue/article-2394988-detail/article.html

jeffers1960
09-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Watch his goal against Leeds between 1:10 - 1:16 especially. Reminds me of AJ!!
1:30 - 1:37 Great strength and good finish
4:35 - 4:43 - Goal against Aston Villa
7:22 - 7:27 - Great header in the league play-off's

As I said at the start of the tread , I think he would be great for us ...reminds me of Ian Wright when he first came to Palace and more recently AJ... I just hope Millwall or norwich dont get him as I think we will regret it

Bounty_Killa
09-07-2010, 03:13 PM
As I said at the start of the tread , I think he would be great for us ...reminds me of Ian Wright when he first came to Palace and more recently AJ.....

... I just hope Millwall or norwich dont get him as I think we will regret it

It's looking like Southampton are leading the way to sign him, as of today at least.

cranesparkeagle
09-07-2010, 03:24 PM

Carle - 10k
Derry - 5k
Butterfield - 4-5k
Lawrence - 3k
Hill - 4k
Ertl - 3k

circa 1.5 million. What ar we paying the 3 we brought in.
Best guess we have 500k over?

SilverChevy
09-07-2010, 03:32 PM
whats the world cmoing to when league 2 crap is value at 1.500.000

DaveP
09-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I think if we could sign Jackson for a reasonable fee and add to that Morrison on a free aswell i think we would have a good range of strikers heading into the new season.

I think Jackson certainly has the potential to become ven better and think given the chance could excel, i'm hoping if reports are true that he is one of the players on the radar for Burley.

cranesparkeagle
09-07-2010, 03:44 PM
What I see is a guy who is not a one trick pony. There is some power. He can get round a player. he can poach. He can head them in. Better judges will tell if he can do these thing higher up and if the asking price is an acceptable gamble in our situation. Also can anyone we already have offer these things. I was more impressed by the video than I expected to be.

Crunchie
09-07-2010, 03:46 PM
One of those type of players that looks a bit raw, like Wright and AJ first came to Palace. Can go either way.

It would be a good idea, if we can pull it off with a 750k signing to be say £250k initial fee. The depending on goals, assists, promotion etc, would add to the Gills coffers another 1/2 million, hypothetically. :)

IpswichEagle
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
One of those type of players that looks a bit raw, like Wright and AJ first came to Palace. Can go either way.

It would be a good idea, if we can pull it off with a 750k signing to be say £250k initial fee. The depending on goals, assists, promotion etc, would add to the Gills coffers another 1/2 million, hypothetically. :)

I agree with the first paragraph.

Surely asking price (not that i would agree with the valuations if accurate) would prevent this, plain and simple.

If Jackson and Morrison are the two we are mainly interested in then i don't know which i'd go for.

Clinton = Free transfer, Palace boy, proven at a high level, goal every 3.35 games, consistantly hits double figures, accused of 'laziness', playing out his final years as a pro, too old to shine?

Simeon = Expensive transfer, Unproven at high level, goal every 2.29 games, rough diamond or uneccesary gamble, 23 years old and coming into his peak?

I say we complete our protracted move for Nugent and forget these two. ;)

brooklynlou
09-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I wonder if they'd be willing to do a trade. They send us Jackson, we send them Scannell.

doodledandy
09-07-2010, 04:09 PM
whats the world cmoing to when league 2 crap is value at 1.500.000
What did palace receive for AJ?

It's all relevant to what they have achieved, regardless of where they did it and without doubt, he is a top class goal poacher and they are a rare breed.

It's now up to George Burley and Steve Parish to decide on what they consider affordable and/or prudent and if I'm honest, it may depend on letting one of our better players (Clyne - Ambrose - Danns) move on at a decent fee. This way Palace could afford both Simeon Jackson and Owen Garvan, with a bit of cash left over. We need to think outside the box about this.

Personal information
Full name Simeon Alexander Jackson
Date of birth 28 March 1987 (1987-03-28) (age 23)
Place of birth Kingston, Jamaica
Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Playing position Forward
Club information
Current club Gillingham
Number 10
Youth career
Sunoco FC
ASPIRE Academy
Dulwich Hamlet
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2004–2008 Rushden & Diamonds 89 (48)
2008– Gillingham

JAS78
09-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Hope we sign him

energy, pace, strength and an eye for goal, the type of player we've missed for the last 2 years

we'll worth taking a chance for a reasonable fee

jams1234
09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
I would love to have him, but wouldn't pay more than 500k max.

TheMexicanHorse
09-07-2010, 06:07 PM
This bloke has more chips than McDonalds. No thanks. Close thread.

917L
09-07-2010, 06:28 PM

In what way is the price for a proven premiership goalscorer relevant to that of a league 2 striker?

orp pisshead1
09-07-2010, 06:50 PM
In what way is the price for a proven premiership goalscorer relevant to that of a league 2 striker?
Exactly.

SE25Eagle
09-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Is this just a rumour, or have we made a bid...?

jeffers1960
09-07-2010, 07:11 PM

It's all relevant to what they have achieved, regardless of where they did it and without doubt, he is a top class goal poacher and they are a rare breed.

It's now up to George Burley and Steve Parish to decide on what they consider affordable and/or prudent and if I'm honest, it may depend on letting one of our better players (Clyne - Ambrose - Danns) move on at a decent fee. This way Palace could afford both Simeon Jackson and Owen Garvan, with a bit of cash left over. We need to think outside the box about this.

Personal information
Full name Simeon Alexander Jackson
Date of birth 28 March 1987 (1987-03-28) (age 23)
Place of birth Kingston, Jamaica
Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Playing position Forward
Club information
Current club Gillingham
Number 10
Youth career
Sunoco FC
ASPIRE Academy
Dulwich Hamlet
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2004–2008 Rushden & Diamonds 89 (48)
2008– Gillingham

Blimey you have changed you tune ...you were saying there were better players for "nix" a couple of days ago :rolleyes:

cpfcfan1
09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Would like this to happen, a signing that wont break the bank and also could have a good sell on fee afterwards

jeffers1960
09-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Would like this to happen, a signing that wont break the bank and also could have a good sell on fee afterwards

Correct ... he's in the last year of his contract ...Gills in need of money..we should be doing what everyone else was trying to do to us a few months ago... WE ARE A GOOD PROPOSITION NOW ...no debts , good manager , good quality players in the squad and wanting to push for the top 6 ... :lux:

kolinkins
09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Not sure he's up to CCC

doodledandy
09-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Blimey you have changed you tune ...you were saying there were better players for "nix" a couple of days ago :rolleyes:
I said there were "quality players available for nix" and I still maintain that opinion. We have already signed a few and IMO we will sign a few more.

doodledandy
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Not sure he's up to CCC
You don't have to be. Our experienced, professional and well connected manager George Burley, will make that judgment on our behalf. :p

Skiddo
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
This bloke has more chips than McDonalds. No thanks. Close thread.

This is true.

doodledandy
09-07-2010, 09:15 PM
This is true.
McDonalds don't have chips, they have fries, so no problem there then, but Morrison has more chips on his shoulders than Harry Ramsdens ;) :0 :D

eagle101
09-07-2010, 09:39 PM
McDonalds don't have chips, they have fries, so no problem there then, but Morrison has more chips on his shoulders than Harry Ramsdens ;) :0 :D

And who are you to decide if Clinton has chips on his shoulders? I'm sure our well respected, experienced manager George Burley can make that decision for us.

Selhurst Flyer
09-07-2010, 09:40 PM

Don't mention Morrison's shoulders!

Skiddo
09-07-2010, 09:45 PM
And who are you to decide if Clinton has chips on his shoulders? I'm sure our well respected, experienced manager George Burley can make that decision for us.

Obviously you have to ignore the 113 goals he scored for us over 2 stints, making him the 4th highest goalscorer in Palace history. Oh, and 4 goals away from being 3rd highest. Local lad from the youth system, who's mum supports the club. But yeah, f*ck him :rolleyes:

jeffers1960
10-07-2010, 05:55 AM
I said there were "quality players available for nix" and I still maintain that opinion. We have already signed a few and IMO we will sign a few more.

I would agree that there are quality PLAYERS available for "nix" but as I said , I have not seen a young ,fast STRIKER , who's got a goal scoring record like Simeon Jackson's ( all be it in league 1/2) available for free, so , as I said originally IMO £750k ( which is what someone mentioned on here ) is a good price for that sort of player , especially when you look at what has been paid for players in the past

leicester1
10-07-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't know what sort of transfer kitty Sousa has but i'd buy Jackson if he's on offer for 750k,we can't spend another season rueing not killing games off and dropping so many points,this lads young,hungry for goals and if it was a choice between a free 30 odd year old striker with large Championship wages or Jackson.......its got to be Jackson for me.

jeffers1960
10-07-2010, 08:51 PM
09 Jul 2010 19:56:20
Darren ambrose wants to stay with palace and will sign a new deal the new owners thrash out by Monday.

No word on nathaniel clyne but my sources assure me he'll be starting the season for palace.

Jordan from burnley is all but done, the delay being caused by a freak traffic accident and I've heard that palace have had an increased undisclosed bid for owen garvan accepted.

Clinton morrison is due a medical on Monday afternoon for palace but with stern john being released another striker is needed and I'm informed that gb is prep. a bid for Simeon Jackson although he may face competition from championship new boys millwall and Norwich, however he favours to stay in London and palace is his preferred destination but money may be an object.

Last bit of info I have I'd that lee hills will be leaving to barnsley, a little odd after he's been injured for months.

That's all for now I'll keep you updated.

:lux:

Stellavista
10-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't know what sort of transfer kitty Sousa has but i'd buy Jackson if he's on offer for 750k,we can't spend another season rueing not killing games off and dropping so many points,this lads young,hungry for goals and if it was a choice between a free 30 odd year old striker with large Championship wages or Jackson.......its got to be Jackson for me.

Apparently wants to stay in London. Last time I checked, Leicester wasn't anywhere close - much to my mother's chagrin, who was born there, and supports them.

leicester1
10-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Stellavista,

Fair enough,shame though,if he does go to Palace he'l do well for you.He's got plenty of goals in him and i'm surprised no-one took a punt on him last pre-season.

doodledandy
10-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Obviously you have to ignore the 113 goals he scored for us over 2 stints, making him the 4th highest goalscorer in Palace history. Oh, and 4 goals away from being 3rd highest. Local lad from the youth system, who's mum supports the club. But yeah, f*ck him :rolleyes:
Oh sorry, I didn't realise that what he did during his previous stints at Palace guarantee's he can still do it? Sorry! :rolleyes:

doodledandy
10-07-2010, 10:57 PM
I would agree that there are quality PLAYERS available for "nix" but as I said , I have not seen a young ,fast STRIKER , who's got a goal scoring record like Simeon Jackson's ( all be it in league 1/2) available for free, so , as I said originally IMO £750k ( which is what someone mentioned on here ) is a good price for that sort of player , especially when you look at what has been paid for players in the past
I admit, he does look sharp and really does get stuck in, but with just another year left on his contract, I think he's worth no more than 400K or even a tad less, but I'll leave the offer up to George Burley, who appears to know what he's about and the true value of a player. ;) Also, I think football is just beginning to realise that the ridiculous prices that were being paid, coupled with outrageous salaries is a thing of the past. It's now a case of survival of the fittest.

james powell
11-07-2010, 12:56 AM
Not sure he's up to CCC
You mean NPC :p

Martin H
11-07-2010, 01:50 AM
he looks like a great prospect - I doubt we can afford him though. But my fingers are crossed . . . .

doodledandy
11-07-2010, 03:53 AM
It's my opinion old son, after watching it grow over several seasons, but You're right about George Burley; he's more that capable of making decisions and it's a pity others don't get off the case and see it that way. :p

LeeH
11-07-2010, 07:10 AM
It's my opinion old son, after watching it grow over several seasons, but You're right about George Burley; he's more that capable of making decisions and it's a pity others don't get off the case and see it that way. :p
I disagree with this - Morrison 'skanks' around the pitch and likes to be vocal and wave his arms about in frustration which can be annoying. In form, he makes up for all of that. But I think that's often viewed as if he has a huge chip on his shoulder which IMO isn't the case. Chip about what?

Anyway, being a south london boy it's his birthright to skank with the best of them :D

freo palace
11-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Lee Hills to Barnsley?? Backward step for him and us - can't see this at all!!
:rolleyes:

woodsy9
11-07-2010, 08:51 AM
just watched his goals compilation on you tube, theres a hint of ian wright about him , looks to have a natural poachers knack , quite good with his head for a small guy, but all his penaltys went the same way , think he would defo be worth a punt if the price is wright, his got a goal scorers swagger.

TheMexicanHorse
11-07-2010, 09:01 AM
just watched his goals compilation on you tube, theres a hint of ian wright about him , looks to have a natural poachers knack , quite good with his head for a small guy, but all his penaltys went the same way , think he would defo be worth a punt if the price is wright, his got a goal scorers swagger.

Give me 5 mins on youtube and I could look world class, whats your point?

The bloke is a twat.

Kirby
11-07-2010, 09:06 AM
I have a friend who went to school with him. He said he was an arrogant tosser. He also said he couldn't believe he made it as a pro footballer, as they used to play in the same team and there were better players around him!

Obviously Jackson has had the last laugh, and I'd be happy to see him in a Palace shirt if he can supply us with goals.

I'd much rather go for a player like him than another Kuqi or Macken....

Biggineagle
11-07-2010, 10:04 AM

Nah PLEASE TAKE MORRISON INSTEAD He is excellent and can still cut it He will score 20+ goals for you this season. ITS A NO BRAINER:p

leicester1
11-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Rumours of an imminant Asian takeover down here,i reckon our representatives will be out shopping in South Africa later today,......mind you if it falls through can this Morrison lad take penalties?.......:p

Biggineagle
11-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Rumours of an imminant Asian takeover down here,i reckon our representatives will be out shopping in South Africa later today,......mind you if it falls through can this Morrison lad take penalties?.......:p

He can.... but I cant guarantee it will reach the actual goal ;)

Lords Eagle
11-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1
Darren ambrose wants to stay with palace and will sign a new deal the new owners thrash out by Monday.

No word on nathaniel clyne but my sources assure me he'll be starting the season for palace.

Jordan from burnley is all but done, the delay being caused by a freak traffic accident and I've heard that palace have had an increased undisclosed bid for owen garvan accepted.

Clinton morrison is due a medical on Monday afternoon for palace but with stern john being released another striker is needed and I'm informed that gb is prep. a bid for Simeon Jackson although he may face competition from championship new boys millwall and Norwich, however he favours to stay in London and palace is his preferred destination but money may be an object.

Last bit of info I have I'd that lee hills will be leaving to barnsley, a little odd after he's been injured for months.

:lux:

If all that's true and comes to pass I think I'd be pretty happy and cautiously optimistic for the coming season

pardew's shorts
11-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Is he any better, as a central striker, than Sean Scannell? I doubt he is.

Hopefully GB will give Sean some games in his strongest position.

No.16
11-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Looks an interesting prospect...lee, Andrew, Jackson and Morrison would be an interesting mix of strikers all with various differing strengths...not to mention wilf zaha - dare I get excited?

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
HE'S ON A FREE AND BURLEY IS LOOKING AT HIM!! I'll post the link in a moment

rhynoeagle
11-07-2010, 01:03 PM

Theres nothing on newsnow though ?

chatham_eagle
11-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Why would he be on a free if he's got a year left on his contract?

eagle101
11-07-2010, 01:10 PM

Morrison?

woodsy9
11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
go on then clever boll-x, your 5 mins starts now, make yourself look good on you-tube, cant wait.

woodsy9
11-07-2010, 01:22 PM

The bloke is a twat.
go on then clever boll-x, make yourself look good on you-tube, your 5mins starts now, i cant wait.

woodsy9
11-07-2010, 01:40 PM

The bloke is a twat.
my point was quite clear if you read my post, if you dont understand my point then ask a grown up helper to explain it to ya, plus if you say hes a twat i assume you know the guy well then , times up on ya youtube clip btw.:hi:

cpfcfan1
11-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Poster on the hol claims to have been told Simeon Jackson is going to Norwich

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Morrison?
Got it wrong. We are linked with a move for him. He's been allowed to leave and burley has confirmed he's contacted the Player.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06072010/63/scally-won-t-block-jackson-exit.html

SpikeyMatt
13-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Norwich bound if Sky are to be believed

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6258973,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

jeffers1960
14-07-2010, 08:29 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8813575.stm

BBC now confirming Norwich..... :veryangry

BulletEagle
14-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Link (http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/football/Lewis-Price-join-Palace-Speroni-s-number/article-2413400-detail/article.html?)

GEORGE Burley has confirmed former Derby County keeper Lewis Price will join Palace in the next few days.

Price, 25, will be signed as Julian Speroni's number two after impressing the Eagles boss during training.

Speaking after Palace's 1-0 defeat to Crawley Town last night Burely said that the Price deal should be finalised by the end of the week, and he was hopeful that one or two other signings would also be in place by the time Chelsea visit Selhurst Park on Saturday.

"We're at the initial stages of trying to build a squad back up that was badly depleted," said the Eagles boss. "When we arrived we had 11 first team players, we've added three and I'm hoping for another five before the season starts.

"Lewis Price we're looking to complete that for the number two keeper, we're talking to a couple of midfield players, got our eye on a striker. We're working on things."

Big Blue Eagle
14-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1

If all that's true and comes to pass I think I'd be pretty happy and cautiously optimistic for the coming season

Well that was all a load of rubbish wasn't it?

Bounty_Killa
14-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Well that was all a load of rubbish wasn't it?

lol, exactly and could we keep on topic to the tone of thread which is actually about Simeon Jackson rather than all the off topic bllocks that seems to be gettting posted :veryangry

ChickenDipper
14-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Lords Eagle -
Why would Lee Hills sign for Barnsley???
they have just signed Jay McKeveley and Hills is injured for half the season.

some people on here really make up some shizzle . . . .

brooklynlou
14-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Anyone have friends in Germany? Can we ring up Paul the Octopus and get some of these rumors confirmed?

Don Rogers Tash
14-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Anyone have friends in Germany? Can we ring up Paul the Octopus and get some of these rumors confirmed?
He has retired :)

cpfcben
14-07-2010, 12:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8813575.stm

NZsparky
14-07-2010, 09:20 PM
He has retired :) To a sushi resturant in Tokyo I heard.

I bet he never saw that coming.

ed_glenn
16-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Signed for Norwich for undisclosed fee. On SSN

Ron Dogers
17-07-2010, 07:20 AM
This is a player I wish we had been able to compete for, like James Harper - felt a bit miffed we were not trying harder but then I thought "Wait a minute, I would rather see 11 freebies/loanees play their hearts out in a struggling season than get into a bidding war and end up in admin again.

Looks like we set our budget and if someone goes for more so be it!

Fair play!

orp pisshead1
17-07-2010, 08:27 AM
This is a player I wish we had been able to compete for, like James Harper - felt a bit miffed we were not trying harder but then I thought "Wait a minute, I would rather see 11 freebies/loanees play their hearts out in a struggling season than get into a bidding war and end up in admin again.

Looks like we set our budget and if someone goes for more so be it!

Fair play!

Agree but doubt if all our signings will be freebies.

Bounty_Killa
04-10-2010, 12:27 PM
The Ex-Dulwich Hamlet lad is doing well for Narwich so far.

Scored twice at the weekend and has bagged 3 so far for them :(

Boyandy
04-10-2010, 01:19 PM
More than happy with Vaughan at the moment.

Kirby
26-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Reportedly signed for Brighton on loan until the end of the season.

Good addition IMO :(

Hopefully we bolster our squad with one last signing before Friday.

Riccardo
26-03-2013, 01:00 PM

I thought he was treated pretty badly at Norwich. Brighton have done well getting him, I'm pained to say.

carter
26-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I'd love to hijack the deal but obviously would have all been agreed etc. Good signing for them and will probably sign him in the summer. Very good striker in this league

gold76
26-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Spent time in Croydon, would have been handy I guess.

Crouchey21
26-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Anyone know his goal scoring record?

Benzhiyi
26-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Good signing for Brighton, but bloody hell are they pissing Mr Bloom's money away.

Upson, Bridge, Ulloa, Kusztwat, Jackson, Vicente, Bruno (not the Sacha Baron Cohen character, although he'd probably be an improvement at right back)... hell of a gamble they're taking with those poker millions.

Millwank
26-03-2013, 01:57 PM
cant be no worse than easter ...

The Gerry Queen
26-03-2013, 02:04 PM

Looks like we missed the boat here. I hope that we actually do manage to bring in some more fire power. It's all gone very quiet and we really could do with a few more options up to the end of the season and maybe the play offs.

Benzhiyi
26-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Looks like we missed the boat here. I hope that we actually do manage to bring in some more fire power. It's all gone very quiet and we really could do with a few more options up to the end of the season and maybe the play offs.

We already have Phillips and Dobbie on huge money, and Murray's and Wilbraham's salaries can't be cheap either.

Hard to see us shelling out even more cash on yet another striker. And I'm okay with that.

brighton_eagle
26-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Dont think we need another striker.

Son of Ron
26-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Dont think we need another striker.

no, scoring has not been the problem most of the season, would prefer to see us bring in an experienced and commanding centre half as we can't rely on the fitness of any of Ward, Blake, Gaddidon, McCarthy etc and Ramage has looked like he's running out of steam a bit of late, Delaney I've a feeling is going to get red-carded at a critical time.....feel it in my waters.

Mr Palace
26-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Jeez. This is bad news.

He would have been a great option to have.

The_Mole
26-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Good signing for Brighton, but bloody hell are they pissing Mr Bloom's money away.

Upson, Bridge, Ulloa, Kusztwat, Jackson, Vicente, Bruno (not the Sacha Baron Cohen character, although he'd probably be an improvement at right back)... hell of a gamble they're taking with those poker millions.

Some really good players listed there. Brighton dark horses for promotion via the playoffs i reckon

Seaside Eagle
26-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Some really good players listed there. Brighton dark horses for promotion via the playoffs i reckon

Cardiff, Palace, Forest for me this season.

brighton_eagle
26-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Nah.

Gerry from Sussex
26-03-2013, 07:22 PM
no, scoring has not been the problem most of the season, would prefer to see us bring in an experienced and commanding centre half as we can't rely on the fitness of any of Ward, Blake, Gaddidon, McCarthy etc and Ramage has looked like he's running out of steam a bit of late, Delaney I've a feeling is going to get red-carded at a critical time.....feel it in my waters.

If we were going to get anyome else in I'd go for an experienced defender as well. Goals against could still be crucial - especially of we have to go through the play offs as those games are usually very tight and one goal over the two legs could make all the difference.

Paulie Walnuts
28-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Looks like he won't be joining the scum after all!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10321300.No_Jackson_deal_for_Albion/

They are all gutted over on NSC and i don't blame them, he would have been class! :hi:

brighton_eagle
28-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Looks like he won't be joining the scum after all!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10321300.No_Jackson_deal_for_Albion/

They are all gutted over on NSC and i don't blame them, he would have been class! :hi:

Love the suggestion in the comments that they sign Nile Ranger.

Good fit that.

carter
28-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Haha brilliant. Shame we can't get him and a centre half

Ard
20-05-2013, 09:30 PM
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/norwich_city_striker_simeon_jackson_heads_a_10_man _list_of_released_players_1_2203265

Available on a free

Billyd
20-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Yes please

mb23
20-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Definitely should be trying to get him, wouldn't mind Elliot Ward too as cover for CB

yorkshire eagle
20-05-2013, 09:46 PM
its funny have always thought he would do well here and I don't know why:D

Latvian Eagle
21-05-2013, 04:51 AM
Having read that I bet Lee Camp feels like a right Mug. :o Obviously Hughton rates his three other keepers much higher.

Sir.S.C Remembered
21-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Defo worth signing on a free!

philsick
21-05-2013, 06:42 AM
They finally unloaded chris martin.Glad we didn't sign him.

Zohar Returns
21-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Korey Smith, didnt we have a look at him a few years ago?

Crouchey21
21-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Camp is a very good Keeper and will be snapped up quickly i would imagine... anyone know why he only signed a short deal? Seems abit strange??

Richwak
21-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Jackson would be quality

deftones_eagle
21-05-2013, 12:00 PM
I'd love him at Palace.

Jay_eagle
21-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Top signing if this happened

ChristalPalace
21-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Camp is a very good Keeper and will be snapped up quickly i would imagine... anyone know why he only signed a short deal? Seems abit strange??

Billy Davies froze him out at Forest by putting youngster Karl Darlow in. I don't think Camp had any options than give it a go at Norwich (and he did get some games in the end because John Ruddy was injured for most of the season and then Mark Bunn got sent off for handball and then got injured too) or sit on the Forest bench.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich_town_priced_out_of_a_move_for_lee_camp_1_2 203959 - Ipswich interested but can't afford him apparently.

Back to Jackson - with Muzza unlikely to play again in 2013, I'd be making serious efforts to bring him in whether we go up or not.

Jason
21-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Very good player, and a very different type of striker to anything we have at the moment. Would be a brilliant signing for the championship imho, and would have a role to play as a squad player even if we went up. Still only just turned 26 to, so far from a has been journeyman.

I originally wanted us to sign him when he was at Rushden, so would be pleased if we finally got him now. Like Yorkshire Eagle, I jist have a sense he'd do well here, without being able to offer anything beyond his good career record to back that up.

gold76
21-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Korey Smith, didnt we have a look at him a few years ago?

I thought that was Korey Veeder, a Dutch Yank?

gold76
21-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Jackson has a good grounding it would appear, if his wiki resume' is trye.

Grew up in Croydon, worked at Maccy D's whilst playing for Dulwich Hamlet.

Doesn't sound like the prima donna type.

stinky
21-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Would be a great signing.

Ant.Palace
21-05-2013, 10:03 PM

cpfc4evandeva
21-05-2013, 10:06 PM

james powell
21-05-2013, 10:11 PM

Ant.Palace
21-05-2013, 10:23 PM
You two copying and pasting or what? :hi:

cpfcfan1
22-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Would be a great signing

adrenalin john
22-05-2013, 08:29 AM

What they said

Jon_C-Pal
22-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Saw him play quite abit for gillingham and he looked very good, one game in particular against a strong villa side in The fa cup he was brilliant. Would love this, especially on a free. A few others being released at Norwich might be worth a look at, francomb the right back and korey smith.

El Kooch
22-05-2013, 09:23 AM
good to see we're aiming high :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CPFC_DAVE77
22-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Would be an OK signing.

kolinkins
22-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Why do we rate him? I am being dismissive, but have any of us seen enough of him to want him so much?

JamTheEagle
22-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I've always liked him, on a free I can't really see why not in all honesty.

kolinkins
22-05-2013, 09:45 AM
I've always liked him, on a free I can't really see why not in all honesty.

Does he not need a wage?

Kirby
22-05-2013, 09:46 AM
SP has said if we get promoted we'll be going down the Norwich/WBA/Swansea route, so this is the kind of player I can imagine us singing (whether we go up or not actually).

I think he'd do well here. He has bags of energy and is a good finisher. If we brought in him and SEB I'd be happy.

Absolution
22-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure he's quite as good as people seem to think.

Decent enough in the Championship I guess, but he was in a pretty good side in Norwich & not really the first choice forward. Leroy Lita effect.

El Kooch
22-05-2013, 09:51 AM
SP has said if we get promoted we'll be going down the Norwich/WBA/Swansea route, so this is the kind of player I can imagine us singing (whether we go up or not actually).

I think he'd do well here. He has bags of energy and is a good finisher. If we brought in him and SEB I'd be happy.
without lukaku and michu swansea and wba would be doomed

simeon jackson isnt that kind of player so we would need actual TALENT that will be the star of this team, not a gamble signing like jackson

JamTheEagle
22-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Does he not need a wage?

One packet of quavers should suffice.

ANDYEAGLE
22-05-2013, 10:14 AM

I think SP also said we would be spending half our money on players.
We have to look at better than him if we are to compete.
Be okay if we are still in this league though.

Radders
22-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Why do we rate him? I am being dismissive, but have any of us seen enough of him to want him so much?

He seems to have done ok at Norwich when hes had the chance but with the amount he's played, wouldn't reckon too many have seen enough of him to know exactly how good or bad he is.

As for wages etc, the experts wont be too far away telling you how much he will 'demand' to come and play for Palace so be patient!:D

AJ
22-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I think SP also said we would be spending half our money on players.

When you consider that equates to a whole team of eleven players at 4m each it shows how crazy the money in the Premieshit is:eek:

mb23
22-05-2013, 12:59 PM
without lukaku and michu swansea and wba would be doomed

simeon jackson isnt that kind of player so we would need actual TALENT that will be the star of this team, not a gamble signing like jackson

What these teams have done though throughout their stays in the Premiership is keep the nucleus' of their squads together that took them up and buy the top Championship players who want to live up to their billing, as opposed to the likes of QPR who just bought experienced journeymen who were only willing to pick up a final pay packet, and thus have no desire.
Also buying these types of players would mean that even if we went down we'd have a top quality Championship side to get us back up again (look at WBA- spent four or so years being 'boing boing' and now after slowly building their squad they now have an established Premiership one).
Buying someone like Jackson would fit that mould, even if we went down then we'd have a striker who would be of a good enough standard to get us back up.

Jhirst1985
22-05-2013, 01:04 PM
I am going on my Stag to Vegas tomorrow with his agent, so let me see whats going on.

Do we want him or not, i cant be bothered to read through all 10 pages???

Ard
13-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Just been on Twitter that Lomas at Millwall want him. Personally think he could be a good player for us on a free

Sir.S.C Remembered
13-06-2013, 09:21 AM
I am going on my Stag to Vegas tomorrow with his agent, so let me see whats going on.

He must be good friends with the groom to go at this busy time of year for him

thomo12345
14-06-2013, 08:15 AM
millwall in for him according to the sun. good signing if they get him

carter
14-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Was hoping we'd show interest in him. Good striker, especially on a free. Better options than Wilb and dare I say it KP

jeffers1960
27-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Think we should give him a go ..... Lots of good things said about him by Norwich fans .. Free and would fit into our pay structure .. Not given a chance in the prem by Norwich really so why not give him the chance to prove them wrong

Jay_eagle
27-06-2013, 06:54 AM

I am on that exact same stag do, see you there :lux:

sir_minty
27-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Wrong thread

Billy Rhino
10-07-2013, 10:14 PM
I see he's signed a 2 year contract for Eintracht Braunschweig. I had a feeling deep down he'd sign for them, even though I've never heard of them.

The Omen
10-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I see he's signed a 2 year contract for Eintracht Braunschweig. I had a feeling deep down he'd sign for them, even though I've never heard of them.

Top division club

2012–13 should prove even more successful: on the second matchday Braunschweig took over a direct promotion spot and kept it for the rest of the season. On the 31st matchday the club secured its return to the Bundesliga after 28 years in the second and third divisions with a 1–0 away win over FC Ingolstadt 04.

Good for him. Nice to see a British player try playing abroad

sky dancer
10-07-2013, 10:22 PM
He's Canadian

El Kooch
10-07-2013, 10:50 PM
lol

Kirby
10-07-2013, 10:53 PM
He's Canadian

Beat me to it :o

The Omen
10-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Lived in England since he was 15, has only played for English clubs - and in fact he was born in Jamaica.

He is pretty much as English as Zaha - just chose to play for a different national team. He has always been a British based player, so my comment still stands despite his chosen allegiance at national level.

Neillo's Son
11-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Lived in England since he was 15, has only played for English clubs - and in fact he was born in Jamaica.

He is pretty much as English as Zaha - just chose to play for a different national team. He has always been a British based player, so my comment still stands despite his chosen allegiance at national level.

That's it, keep digging :o

Gathers54
11-07-2013, 09:33 AM
The sky sports app today says he's gone to Bournemouth...

AJ8
11-07-2013, 10:31 AM
And in the papers. He's definitely signed for Eintracht

Gathers54
11-07-2013, 01:10 PM
And in the papers. He's definitely signed for Eintracht

Yes, exactly what sky said yesterday also. Would have been a good signing