PDA

View Full Version : Palace ready to cash in on Ambrose and Clyne

Palaceand30
09-07-2010, 08:28 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Crystal-Palace-ready-to-cash-in-on-QPR-target-Darren-Ambrose-and-Birmingham-target-Nathaniel-Clyne-article520513.html

Where do they get this crap from...completely contradicts the stories in the last week:veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

m_reid
09-07-2010, 08:33 AM
:rolleyes: Where do they get this crap from

PauLo
09-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Wow. Just... wow.

Bellyman
09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
That is Mirror for you, useless crap!

stevek
It doesn't even make sense: team with Ambrose and Clyne plus free transfers > team without Ambrose and Clyne plus some signings with money from their sales.

Nelson Muntz
Yeah, but you do get Princes' new CD in it on Saturday.

Gooders
09-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Jesus wept.

Warrior
09-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Crap or no crap. If money isn't coming in, the best players will always have tobe sold.

NateEagle
09-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Fine, I guess if someone offers stupid money of course we'd sell...say 2.5mill for Ambrose and 6mill for Clyne...but thats not going to happen, so **** off

Jasper
09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
It makes no sense to sell two of your best players in order to bring in other players. Tosh.

hamge
09-07-2010, 08:53 AM
What rubbish. They are about 5 weeks behind the rest of us.

etu
09-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Number of quotes = zero.

elgin eagle
09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
James Nursey
Sports Reporter, Age 30. I am a sports reporter for the Daily Mirror based in the Midlands. My day- to-day responsibilities generally revolve around covering the region's football clubs. I am based in Birmingham but I also report on golf for the paper and various other sports. I hope to bring Mirror Sport readers regular exclusives on football stories using my contacts in the game. Before joining the Mirror in 2006, I worked in local newspapers for The Birmingham Post and The Argus in Sussex.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/authors/james-nursey/#ixzz0tApOxmjR
Get your free copy of the new Prince album 20TEN exclusive with the Daily Mirror on Saturday 10 July Free Prince 20TEN

Jimmy Eagle
09-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Crap or no crap. If money isn't coming in, the best players will always have tobe sold.

No they won't. SP and ML confirmed we don't need to sell anybody. If, however, we want to buy players, then we need to sell in order to raise funds. Big difference.

Bobsta
09-07-2010, 08:59 AM
So is everyone confident this is a load of doggers?

Eddie'S Dad
09-07-2010, 08:59 AM
James Nursey
Sports Reporter, Age 30. Before joining the Mirror in 2006, I worked in local newspapers for The Birmingham Post and The Argus in Sussex.

Good spot !!!

Kirby
09-07-2010, 09:01 AM
I worked in local newspapers for The Birmingham Post and The Argus in Sussex

A-ha!

It all makes sense.

Gooders
09-07-2010, 09:03 AM

Yes.

Jimmy Eagle

Complete Doggers

Nelson Muntz
I worked in local newspapers for The Birmingham Post and The Argus in Sussex.

Great spot Elgin. Now just sit back and watch the rep come in.

The Gerry Queen
09-07-2010, 09:05 AM
As a Labour supporter I don't like to say this but when Winston Churchill said the 'Daily Mirror is a paper written by those who can't write for those who can't read', he may well have had a point. Certainly in the sports pages.

No quotes and no evidence flying in the face of other articles with direct quotes less than 48 hours old. Baseless story by a Brummie based journo rehashing old news to fill coloumn inches in the middle of the silly season.

EagleSE24
09-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Anyone registered on the Mirror site and taken his article apart yet?

Stellavista
09-07-2010, 09:06 AM
They seemed to be getting quite excited about this again on the QPR forum.....:D

Big Blue Eagle
09-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Maybe they checked out this post in response to an SLP article about Nathan staying and took it as accurate:

Posted by : bluesuk, birmingham uk | Thursday 08/Jul/2010 | Report this comment

keep dreamin burley let me c does he stay at palace who r on the verge of goin bust or does he join a prem club with a very bright future doh thats a hard 1 im sorry to say palace r a 3rd rate london club who have no chance of ever making it bk to the prem so nathaniel use ur head and push to join birmingham or just be a nearly man with palace and wonder wat if

Gooders
09-07-2010, 09:09 AM
:) I thought they'd gone off Ambrose and said that he wasn't good enough for them anyway?

They are muppets of the highest order, that lot.

Gooders
09-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Maybe they checked out this post in response to an SLP article about Nathan staying and took it as accurate:

keep dreamin burley let me c does he stay at palace who r on the verge of goin bust or does he join a prem club with a very bright future doh thats a hard 1 im sorry to say palace r a 3rd rate london club who have no chance of ever making it bk to the prem so nathaniel use ur head and push to join birmingham or just be a nearly man with palace and wonder wat if

PSML! :lux:

Oh south london
09-07-2010, 09:10 AM

Should put him of a move to Birmingham.

Sunny Fan
09-07-2010, 09:12 AM

It's even funnier when you read it out loud in a brummie accent:)

Stellavista
09-07-2010, 09:12 AM
:) I thought they'd gone off Ambrose and said that he wasn't good enough for them anyway?

They are muppets of the highest order, that lot.

They do seem to have a very impressive twat to poster ratio.

Chickereagle
09-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Given the Churchill quote above, I assume that this comes from a Mirror journalist ...

Stellavista
09-07-2010, 09:15 AM
From their forum:

we get both clyne and ambrose

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

although like many of you i have teased the palace fans,i think whats gone on between our clubs is not very nice,i think palace always knew we were getting both ambrose and clyne,but to increase the seasoin ticket sales all these newspaper stories have been designed to do minimum damage to palace fan base.
I could be wrong but,dont be surprised to see a 2,000 000 bid for both players..........................we will have to wait and see

chav_hater
09-07-2010, 09:21 AM
From their forum:

we get both clyne and ambrose

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

although like many of you i have teased the palace fans,i think whats gone on between our clubs is not very nice,i think palace always knew we were getting both ambrose and clyne,but to increase the seasoin ticket sales all these newspaper stories have been designed to do minimum damage to palace fan base.
I could be wrong but,dont be surprised to see a 2,000 000 bid for both players..........................we will have to wait and see

Haha. That has brighten up my morning nicely.

The Bishop
09-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Utter horse shit. The press very rarely get anything right. This journo is doing nothing more than trying to help fill column space.

Burley wants to keep our best players and was well aware he'd have to sign others on free transfers or for small fees. Ambrose and Clyne won't be going anywhere for at least another year.

The Bishop
09-07-2010, 09:25 AM

:D

Stellavista
09-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Blimey, what with this and the QPR forum, the whole country seems to be turning into the set of Deliverance.
Do they count their fingers when they get up in the morning, or do they just roll over and get their sisters to do it for them?

orp pisshead1
09-07-2010, 09:31 AM
No they won't. SP and ML confirmed we don't need to sell anybody. If, however, we want to buy players, then we need to sell in order to raise funds. Big difference.
Actually they said money is available for the right player and any money raised from player sales will go back into strengthening the squad. Big difference imo.

Oh south london
09-07-2010, 09:31 AM
QPR fans are so deluded. We have and always will be a bigger club than them. Look historically and indeed today our attendances are higher. Makes me laugh, they think they are all that because they have rich owners. Have they not caught on yet that the owners are pumping money into only the executive areas of the club and are deploying QPR as a toy. Look at their signings to date. For a club with supposedly so much cash why are they signing Clint Hill and Derry?

deftones_eagle
09-07-2010, 09:36 AM
can someone email this twat, or delete this thread.

Stellavista
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
can someone email this twat, or delete this thread.

Combine both ideas and just delete the twat.

monkey nuts
09-07-2010, 09:45 AM
James Nursey
Sports Reporter, Age 30. I am a sports reporter for the Daily Mirror based in the Midlands. My day- to-day responsibilities generally revolve around covering the region's football clubs. I am based in Birmingham but I also report on golf for the paper and various other sports. I hope to bring Mirror Sport readers regular exclusives on football stories using my contacts in the game. Before joining the Mirror in 2006, I worked in local newspapers for The Birmingham Post and The Argus in Sussex.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/authors/james-nursey/#ixzz0tApOxmjR
Get your free copy of the new Prince album 20TEN exclusive with the Daily Mirror on Saturday 10 July Free Prince 20TEN

Or he wants Clyne to join Brum!

RickyB
09-07-2010, 09:54 AM

keep dreamin burley let me c does he stay at palace who r on the verge of goin bust or does he join a prem club with a very bright future doh thats a hard 1 im sorry to say palace r a 3rd rate london club who have no chance of ever making it bk to the prem so nathaniel use ur head and push to join birmingham or just be a nearly man with palace and wonder wat ifRight. I'm going up to Brum and I'm personally going to leather this twat. Who's with me?

Chris K
09-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Dear Daily Mirror

Mid-May would like its story back

Regards

Chris K

ChristalPalace
09-07-2010, 10:11 AM
It's even funnier when you read it out loud in a brummie accent:)

:lux: :lux: :lux:

CPFC_DAVE77
09-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Posted by : bluesuk, birmingham uk |

What makes me laugh is that this cretin is not only talking complete tosh, but his username, presumabley meant to be blues UK, when joined together in the way he has actually resembles the words blues-suk. I suppose he deserves some respect for publicly admitting his knuckledragging team are not very good.

Del Gland
09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Maybe I've watched too many shows like Lost, Fringe, Heroes, etc. but stories like these lead me to believe that , just maybe, there IS a paralell universe. This just might explain the origin of these wild ideas.

tipperary eagle
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
That is Mirror for you, useless crap!
Every palace fan should stop buying the mirror,they should boycott the rag!

Gooders
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Blimey, what with this and the QPR forum, the whole country seems to be turning into the set of Deliverance.
Do they count their fingers when they get up in the morning, or do they just roll over and get their sisters to do it for them?

There's no gene pool in Birmingham.

More of a gene sump.

Gooders
09-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Dear Daily Mirror

Mid-May would like its story back

Regards

Chris K

:lux:

Men At Work
09-07-2010, 10:58 AM

Remember that this is a club that gave us millions for Clinton and sent us some useless slaphead winger who couldn't score in a brothel in return. I remember their fans being really happy about it at the time. I've held their opinions in ever so high esteem ever since.

thehalifaxman
09-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Every palace fan should stop buying the mirror,they should boycott the rag!

So we're boycotting the mail and the mirror now. Where will we get our lies and racism from?

ammiller
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
So we're boycotting the mail and the mirror now. Where will we get our lies and racism from?

AMMILLER reporting for duty SIR!!

jcreedy
09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
James,

The last message I got like this was in January when I wrote Beckford was going to Everton (google it). I was told I was writing nonsense and rubbish!

[Link]

Clyne is off to Brum I am afraid and I bet Ambrose is going to leave as well. I am sorry.

Get back in touch when the window has shut and let's see where those two players are.

All my stories are from well informed sources - you might like to research that I broke the story about Brum bidding for Clyne.

I would never just make stuff up.

Yours sincerely James N
----------------------------------------

I told him that I've made a note in the diary to message him back when the window's shut. He's also claiming that Clyne has put in a transfer request.

mushroom
09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
James,

The last message I got like this was in January when I wrote Beckford was going to Everton (google it). I was told I was writing nonsense and rubbish!

[Link]

Clyne is off to Brum I am afraid and I bet Ambrose is going to leave as well. I am sorry.

Get back in touch when the window has shut and let's see where those two players are.

All my stories are from well informed sources - you might like to research that I broke the story about Brum bidding for Clyne.

Yours sincerely James N

I told him that I've made a note in the diary to message him back when the window's shut. He's also claiming that Clyne has put in a transfer request.

Oh bum

eagle101
09-07-2010, 12:58 PM
This has unnerved me somewhat, and I don't know why.

I think it's just because we've had so much good news recently that something like this has to happen. It is Palace after all.

Men At Work
09-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again.

CPFC_DAVE77
09-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again.

Ala Harry Munk.

KungFuCharlie
09-07-2010, 01:06 PM
To be honest, this story makes a fair bit of sense.

Not sure why everyone is so convinced that it's bollocks.

Andy Newton
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
because burley said he does not want to let ambrose and clyne go as of two days ago, and knew perfectly well then the player budget for transfers was from sales only, its not as if this is a dramtic change, or indeed any change at all in circumstances.

we have an open and honest team at cpfc2010, in direct communication with us the fans, given there is only evidence they have been open and honest with us why on earth would anyone belive the mirror over our own direct communications with the board??????

Jimmy Eagle
09-07-2010, 01:34 PM
because burley said he does not want to let ambrose and clyne go as of two days ago, and knew perfectly well then the player budget for transfers was from sales only, its not as if this is a dramtic change, or indeed any change at all in circumstances.

we have an open and honest team at cpfc2010, in direct communication with us the fans, given there is only evidence they have been open and honest with us why on earth would anyone belive the mirror over our own direct communications with the board??????

^ This :p

elgin eagle
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Here comes the mirror man,
Says he's a villa fan,
Here comes the mirror man,
nooo oooo hes scum.

Celestial Empire
09-07-2010, 01:43 PM

The Guardian ?:confused:

Jimmy Eagle
09-07-2010, 01:59 PM
The Guardian ?:confused:

I like the Guardian

spike
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
[I][COLOR="Navy"]James,

Could you also get him to provide a list of the other transfer "exclusives" he's broken so we can check his success rate.

brooklynlou
09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
The reason I think this is rubbish is how threadbare our squad currently is. Considering we need another 5 players in, selling 2 would up the amount we need to replace to 7.

We may make some money off the transfer, but we'd give it right back because we'd be held hostage to contract negotiations because they'll know we need players.

Unless its silly money being offered, it makes more sense for them to stay.

Celestial Empire
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Silly piece of disimulation from this journo (why is he so hostile if he's neutral ?) The article said "Palace ready to cash in" which is patent drivel.
Who knows, Clyne may go to the Prem next year, but this guy is paid for reporting the facts, not fortelling the future.

Sunny Fan
09-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I just googled him and found that he said that West Ham were going to sign Adrian Mutu in last January's transfer window.

Gooders
09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
"I bet Ambrose is going to leave as well".

Oh, no facts then? You just "bet"?

You're not paid to bet, you're paid to investigate things properly and then report on them.

Feckin' backwater hacks do my feckin' head in.

Get a proper job you numpty!

The Gerry Queen
09-07-2010, 02:26 PM

He has stirred up a bit of controversy which was he wanted to do I guess. So I think we should take your sound lead and focus on what we have been told by the guys in person and let this journo speculate on his scoops..... or poops...most probably poops.

pumaspalace
09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Bullsh*t

pete eagle
09-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I'd be highly surprised if this came off seeing as Warnock has said that he admitted defeat in his pursuit of Ambrose and that Burley himself said that he was negotiating with Ambrose on a new contract.

Silly.

Excowboy
09-07-2010, 03:06 PM
This article makes me really angry. Hope it doesn't unsettle the players.

Look at his stupid fat Rick Astley face.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article90865.ece/ALTERNATES/blog-profile/james-nursey.jpg

pumaspalace
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
http://www.slp.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=24473&headline=Palace%20boss%20Burley%20planning%20contr act%20talks

and...

http://www.slp.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=24192&headline=Burley:%20Palace%20teen%20star%20Clyne%20 not%20Birmingham-bound

There we go, thats better :)

Beanie
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
The reason I think this is rubbish is how threadbare our squad currently is. Considering we need another 5 players in, selling 2 would up the amount we need to replace to 7.

We may make some money off the transfer, but we'd give it right back because we'd be held hostage to contract negotiations because they'll know we need players.

Unless its silly money being offered, it makes more sense for them to stay.
No, it's rubbish because some lazy journo decided to wack out a few quick line based on old and semi accurate information rather than actually do some research. Story in the best traditions of journalism really.

monkey nuts
10-07-2010, 09:00 AM
The same reporter is now saying Clyne has demanded a move to Birmingham City, Tw*t

The Gerry Queen
10-07-2010, 09:11 AM
The same reporter is now saying Clyne has demanded a move to Birmingham City, Tw*t

The same reporter said Adrian Mutu was going to West Ham last year. Just another sports hack doing what most of them do well.... making up stories.

Latvian
10-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Maybe we should bulk e-mail him to "question his sources" with regards to his latest article?

Sunny Fan
10-07-2010, 09:36 AM
you can see how he reads that given George Burley's direct quotes about us wanting to keep him [subtext - 'despite...'] and speculating that young players' heads can be turned.

bern5161
10-07-2010, 10:00 AM
and in other james nursey news (including two exclusives! :eek: )

Sunderland stunned by Crystal Palace valuation of Clyne
Sunderland set to snatch Palace starlet
Wolves to revive bid for Palace starlet in summer
Clyne in line for Villa move - Exclusive
Birmingham close to completing deal for Palace starlet - Exclusive
Palace ready to cash in on Ambrose and Clyne
Clyne demands Birmingham move

top sources jim :clown:

cranesparkeagle
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Clyne will no doubt go to the Premier league one day. Then he will be right. I t just depends how many articles like this we will have to put up with before then. Lets face it the Mirror has predicted the sale of most of our players since we went into administration. QPR by rights should have an enormous squad now and we should be fielding most of our under 16s

Men At Work
10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Clyne will no doubt go to the Premier league one day. Then he will be right.

You see this type of 'reporter' like James Nursey rife in the tech field. They make loads of very general random 'predictions' and then only promote the few they can convince you to interpret as 'correct' and hope you forget the myriad that they get wrong (every 'psychic' works this way as well - look up confirmation bias). I'd give far more credibility to any journalist (or even someone who writes for a tabloid) if they'd make definite statements (rather than "I bet Ambrose is...") and then keep a published running total to show just how accurate they are.

I did see a site where you could track predictions made by people and the results of them but I can't remember the address of it at the moment. I suspect JN is up there in Rob Enderle territory.

Great Lombardi
31-08-2010, 07:44 PM
James,

[Link]

Yours sincerely James N

Too early to email back this rather arrogant journalist???

matthew
31-08-2010, 07:51 PM
That's brilliant. Hadn't seen that before.

Should be shown to his bosses to show what a useless twat he is

jcreedy
31-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Here's my rather childish message to him this evening :)

------------------------
James Creedy 31 August at 20:20
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10323~45272,00.html
Gutted, baby!

Ha ha!!! :)
--------------------------

James Nursey 31 August at 20:24 Report
James, I've been waiting for your mail to drop!
Congratulations, you were right and I was wrong...well except for the bit about him handing in a transfer request and wanting to leave. All the best for a good season. Regards James
---------------------------

James Creedy 31 August at 20:28
Who was right and wrong wasn't important to me to be honest. What's important is papers (not just yours) printing bullshit stories every day of the week and being able to get away with it. I'm sick of false stories, rumours and lies, just to fill column inches.

eagles #1
31-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Someone send the silly **** this thread.

ChristalPalace
31-08-2010, 08:19 PM
He comes across as an absolute cock to be honest.

jams1234
31-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I am gonna ******* penisrape his e-mail.

Sunny Fan
01-09-2010, 09:11 AM
James,

[Link]

Yours sincerely James N

:hi:

Beanie
01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
James,

[Link]

Yours sincerely James N

I guess that just means he gets somebody else to make it up (probably the guy in the next desk) and our friend uses them as "well informed sources". So well informed that ALL of these were wrong!!:clown: :clown:

kolinkins
01-09-2010, 09:22 AM
There was no transfer requested.

Elgood
01-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Never buy the Sun, Mail, Mirror or Express....they print turd.

Bounty_Killa
01-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Here's my rather childish message to him this evening :)

------------------------
James Creedy 31 August at 20:20
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10323~45272,00.html
Gutted, baby!

Ha ha!!! :)
--------------------------

James Nursey 31 August at 20:24 Report
James, I've been waiting for your mail to drop!
Congratulations, you were right and I was wrong...well except for the bit about him handing in a transfer request and wanting to leave. All the best for a good season. Regards James
---------------------------

James Creedy 31 August at 20:28
Who was right and wrong wasn't important to me to be honest. What's important is papers (not just yours) printing bullshit stories every day of the week and being able to get away with it. I'm sick of false stories, rumours and lies, just to fill column inches.

Well done Creedy :p

cockles
01-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Well done Creedy :p

Absolutely, an enjoyable read.

NathanCPFCD
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM

jcreedy
01-09-2010, 03:01 PM
He hasn't replied yet. Maybe I hit a nerve and he's considering a career change :)

RUSSELL
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
There was no transfer requested.

True, but I've heard from a very reliable source that Clyne and Ambrose both want / wanted to leave.

Celestial Empire
01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
He hasn't replied yet. Maybe I hit a nerve and he's considering a career change :)

Career change to what ? Is there another career where the only qualification required is a certain facility in having a drink with football agents and writing up all the BS they tell you as "news" ?:hmph:

Arron
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
True, but I've heard from a very reliable source that Clyne and Ambrose both want / wanted to leave.

So Ambrose wanted to leave that much that he signed a new 3 year deal? Something doesn't ring true there. If he wanted to leave and was pissed off that CPFC 2010 scuppered his move to QPhaha then surely he would've just run down his contract and left at the end of the season anyway. Or am I being thick?

Nelson Muntz
01-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Was your source James Nursey?

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
01-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Are you high?

RUSSELL
02-09-2010, 07:45 AM
So Ambrose wanted to leave that much that he signed a new 3 year deal? Something doesn't ring true there. If he wanted to leave and was pissed off that CPFC 2010 scuppered his move to QPhaha then surely he would've just run down his contract and left at the end of the season anyway. Or am I being thick?

AJ signed a new contract just before leaving which ensured we got a better deal.... If Darren feels the same at the end of the season dn't be suprised when he leaves.

RUSSELL
02-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Was your source James Nursey?

Some one who is well respected on here.

RUSSELL
02-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Are you high?

:rolleyes:

Jim Cannon
02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
AJ signed a new contract just before leaving which ensured we got a better deal.... If Darren feels the same at the end of the season dn't be suprised when he leaves.
True, but at the time AJ wasn't in the final year of his contract was he? Ambrose was and has signed now.

RUSSELL
02-09-2010, 08:06 AM
True, but at the time AJ wasn't in the final year of his contract was he? Ambrose was and has signed now.

No but AJ was told he could leave after that season, from what I was told so can Darren. The new contract just means that we'll get more that 750k or what ever QPR offered....It's a win win situation, Darren has a good season and want to leave we then get a good price. If he decides that he wants to stay then we have him for 2 years after.

Gooders
02-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Some one who is well respected on here.

There's no such thing.

Pistol Knight
02-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Contracts mean nothing.......just adds value to a players transfer fee.......END OF

Biggineagle
02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
No but AJ was told he could leave after that season, from what I was told so can Darren. The new contract just means that we'll get more that 750k or what ever QPR offered....It's a win win situation, Darren has a good season and want to leave we then get a good price. If he decides that he wants to stay then we have him for 2 years after.
Oh dear oh dear, then you woke up

Jimmy Eagle
02-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Contracts mean nothing.......just adds value to a players transfer fee.......END OF

Have you not just contradicted yourself?

LuckyJ
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
yeh u mean...maybe they mean nothing in terms of a players loyalty they only mean that clubs need to raise their transfer fees in order to pay off the contracts.... mascherano for example... not wanting to play despite being under contract and forcing the club into selling him to barca despite signing a contract that had him as a liverpool player, being paid to play.

RUSSELL
02-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Oh dear oh dear, then you woke up
No need to be a knob eh... I'd stick money on him leaving at the end of the season if not in January.

doodledandy
02-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Can the MODS close a lot of these out of date and boring threads, so that we can all move on please ?