PDA

View Full Version : Mark Randall

Oh south london
09-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Been linked with him in the press today. Would be a good loan option. Thoughts??

kolinkins
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Good player - one Adler suggested a year ago too.

Interesting that we are looking for a playmaker - someone like Idiakiz (sp) - not him now (past it) but the sort of player Burley used before. I assume this means Dorman and Ambrose will be used wide, with new playmaker in the middle with Danns?

This is gonna be good. I love what Burley is doing already.

Bring on the football.

Oh south london
09-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Link http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/...l/article.html

KungFuCharlie
09-07-2010, 09:47 AM
His name was mentioned here a couple of days ago by somebody who said they'd been speaking to Dougie.

Big Blue Eagle
09-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Good player - one Adler suggested a year ago too.

Interesting that we are looking for a playmaker - someone like Idiakiz (sp) - not him now (past it) but the sort of player Burley used before. I assume this means Dorman and Ambrose will be used wide, with new playmaker in the middle with Danns?

This is gonna be good. I love what Burley is doing already.

Bring on the football.

I get a feeling Dorman may be used behind a central striker

Stellavista
09-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I get a feeling Dorman may be used behind a central striker

I hope that this will be the case.
I want to see players being used in their best positions. No more square pegs.

Justy C
09-07-2010, 10:41 AM
His name was mentioned here a couple of days ago by somebody who said they'd been speaking to Dougie.

I noticed that as well, along with Danny Green from Dagenham and Redbridge and Simeon Jackson from Gillingham.

Interesting...

stinky
09-07-2010, 10:49 AM
link not working?

Who is he? Where from? What position?

Cake and Eat It
09-07-2010, 11:06 AM
On the topic of formation, the formation that Germany and the Netherlands have been using would appear to be a dynamic approach and one that maybe we have the players for?

4-2-3-1

So we would line up something like....

-------------- Speroni --------------
Clyne ---- McCarthy - Wright ----- LB
-------- N'Diaye ----- DM -----------
--- Dorman ---- Danns --- Ambrose --
----------------- Lee ---------------

Could it work? Gets us over the lack of striker issue, by utilising 3 attacking midfielders who are playing centrally. Need a quality defensive midfielder though who isnt afraid to play the ball on the deck. Derry would have been good!

The Gerry Queen
09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
On the topic of formation, the formation that Germany and the Netherlands have been using would appear to be a dynamic approach and one that maybe we have the players for?

4-2-3-1

Could it work? Gets us over the lack of striker issue, by utilising 3 attacking midfielders who are playing centrally. Need a quality defensive midfielder though who isnt afraid to play the ball on the deck. Derry would have been good!

I wouldn't have been happy relying on Derry to do this role in the coming season. He was struggling for the last 15 games ( Hillsborough apart !) and was often caught in possesion and misplaced his paces.Had he not been captain he would have been dropped. He was great for us twice but has reached his peak. Can still do a job as a squad player where his invaluable experience can add much. For that reason we shall miss him

Stavros 69
09-07-2010, 11:24 AM
He hasnt played a lot of footy over the past few years.
Not sure i'd be happy with him.

KungFuCharlie
09-07-2010, 11:36 AM

4-2-3-1

I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday! I think this would work brilliantly - just need to track down that mystery DM. Shame we lost Ertl (I think Derry's time was up).

But didn't GB say he was looking for a playmaker?

Stavros 69
09-07-2010, 11:38 AM

4-2-3-1

I dont like the formation.
Would rather have another stirker to play with Lee

Gooders
09-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Who is he?

thehalifaxman
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Germany and Holland play that as they have strikers who score goals. Lee isn't a goalscorer. He's a useful player at the top end of the pitch, has a big presence and works hard but goals come from other areas.

Lords Eagle
09-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Who is he?

On The Arse's books, 20, midfielder doesn't look prolific in terms of goals and assists according to his wiki page.

Woosie
09-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Not a fan if I'm honest. Would rather we didn't get him in... but I wouldn't complain if we did as Burley knows better than I do.

Mr Statto
09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Germany and Holland play that as they have strikers who score goals. Lee isn't a goalscorer. He's a useful player at the top end of the pitch, has a big presence and works hard but goals come from other areas.

If he knows that there's three attacking midfielders available to run onto his flick-ons, or ready to receive the ball when he's holding it up with his back to goal, then I can see this working quite well

nathe
09-07-2010, 12:24 PM
It appears that Burley is developing a squad that could play a variety of formations. This will be important as we will play opposition who play different tactics and formations

brooklynlou
09-07-2010, 12:33 PM
If he knows that there's three attacking midfielders available to run onto his flick-ons, or ready to receive the ball when he's holding it up with his back to goal, then I can see this working quite well

:p

hoskingt
09-07-2010, 12:37 PM
4-2-3-1

I really don't think N'Diaye is a defensive midfielder. Every time he's come on he's been an attacking midfielder. That, and i don't think he's ready to be a first 11 player. I think he can come on from the bench and do a job but i dont think he should be starting.

dufski13
09-07-2010, 11:42 PM
has anyone actually seen the boy play ?

Gooders
09-07-2010, 11:47 PM
It appears that Burley is developing a squad that could play a variety of formations. This will be important as we will play opposition who play different tactics and formations

Playing the ball on the floor and tactics?

Pinch me.

Gooders
09-07-2010, 11:49 PM
I really don't think N'Diaye is a defensive midfielder.

He isn't. Not disciplined enough.

A more disciplined approach to games is exactly what he needs, in fact.

He won't improve sitting on the bench.

I'd rather we started with him than some Greed League reserve, tbh.

james powell
10-07-2010, 12:56 AM

We've signed Laurent Blanc and Danny Murphy?

Hedgehog
10-07-2010, 01:12 AM
He would be lost without Hopkirk beside him...

http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/ch/tv/library/shows/randall-and-hopkirk-deceased/288x269/lg-promo-randall-and-hopkirk-deceased-1.jpg

Adlerhorst
10-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Yes. Would have him in a heartbeat.

Loan to purchase makes sense. Even though he is a little down the pecking order at aresenal now they would want a reasonable upfront fee i would have thought.

webbo1990
10-07-2010, 08:35 AM
I can see what you're saying, but in terms of Holland RVP has only scored one and it's been all about Robben and sneider. However, we can't mould ourselves on one team and as someone else just said, we should be well equipped to play different formations.

As for Randall, I know nothing about him and wouldnt recognise him in the street. This doesn't mean he's not any good though, obviously, so i'll trust GB if he brings the boy in.

More options, the merrier.

webbo1990
10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
We've signed Laurent Blanc and Danny Murphy?

:p

The Bishop
10-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Says here that he is discussing a temporary move to Palace:

http://www.sportingpreview.com/premnews/09100370.php?

Away
10-07-2010, 09:13 AM

4-2-3-1

Who was it that was dropping in between the two central defenders for Germany when they were defending on the edge of the box? Or did they take turns? I thought Germany defended very well against Spain.

cpfc4evandeva
10-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I dont like the formation.
Would rather have another stirker to play with Lee
The whole point in the formation is that the 3 players behind the strikers are there to support the lone front man 95% of the time.

I would be over the moon if we played this fomation.

The fact that currently we only have 1 defensive midfielder (N'Diaye), who didn't even play many games last year, makes me think that we will not adopt it though.

rhynoeagle
10-07-2010, 09:37 AM

4-2-3-1

LB - Stephen Jordan ?

cpfc4evandeva
10-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Yes. Would have him in a heartbeat.

Loan to purchase makes sense. Even though he is a little down the pecking order at aresenal now they would want a reasonable upfront fee i would have thought.
What position would you say he plays? according to wiki he plays as 'a defensive midfielder, central midfielder and right midfielder'.

Stavros 69
10-07-2010, 09:42 AM
The whole point in the formation is that the 3 players behind the strikers are there to support the lone front man 95% of the time.

I would be over the moon if we played this fomation.

The fact that currently we only have 1 defensive midfielder (N'Diaye), who didn't even play many games last year, makes me think that we will not adopt it though.
I understand the formation. I just don't think it'll work. Which team in the championship have gained promotion this way. None.

Aaroncpfc
10-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I saw him play against Sheffield United and I think it's fair to assume that him and Wilkshire ran the show. If that game was anything to go by he's a top half championship player at the moment with the potential to have a long career in The Premiership. If he can add something to this team he's definitely worth the gamble assuming that Arsenal are being fair in their valuation of the player.

cpfc4evandeva
10-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I understand the formation. I just don't think it'll work. Which team in the championship have gained promotion this way. None.
In fairness, how many teams in the championship have played this formation?

I can't think of any.

England as a nation is so behind in tactical knowledge compared to teams on the continent.

delboy01
10-07-2010, 10:08 AM

4-2-3-1

This is the formation I was advocating two years ago for away games. one of the defensive mids moves up when we have the ball allowing the 3 to join the attack. One of the full backs can also move forward alternately.

At home I suggested 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-3-1-1 with an attacking mid with a free role just behind the front man. That would suit Dorman really well.

The other thing is that the attacker (lee) needs to head the ball back towards the attacking mids and not flick it on as there would be no-one else there for him to head it to. This has frustrated me bigtime. Flick ons to no-one!!!

FromSelhurst
10-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Burley wants to play passing football, so Randall would fit the bill nicely as would garvan.

midfield 3 of danns advanced and garvan and randall deeper would look nice.

GodstoneEagle
10-07-2010, 10:18 AM
yes. I remember him against palace for burnley, highly rated arsenal kid so I kept an eye on him and he went missing being honest. It may even have been the game when we destroyed them with Moses/Sinclair.

GodstoneEagle
10-07-2010, 10:19 AM
yep, hauled off at half time

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/crystal-palace-burnley-0-warnock-takes-big-mo-to-playoffs-821173.html

cpfc4evandeva
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
In fairness, none of the Burnley team turned up that day.

What a great day that was :)

hoskingt
10-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah. If only we had played like that against Bristol City. Probably wouldn't be in this problem...although it is awfull exciting :)

hoskingt
10-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Ooh "He is a creative, composed player with remarkable vision and aggression". Like the sound of that.

Adlerhorst
10-07-2010, 11:51 AM
What position would you say he plays? according to wiki he plays as 'a defensive midfielder, central midfielder and right midfielder'.Busy central midfielder. Not a ball winner. Good technically. A bit like a young Lampard tbh.

sribib
10-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Saw Him play for Mk Dons on Sky last year against Southampton i think and was very impressed looked to have lots of time on the ball looked the best player on the pitch that day and that was against a good saints team we could potentially be very strong in the middle with him Danns,garvan,Dorman to choose from.

cpfc4evandeva
10-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Busy central midfielder. Not a ball winner. Good technically. A bit like a young Lampard tbh.

Sounds good but I must be honest, I really think we need to get a ball winner in unless Burley is looking at Danns to do this?

Dedders
10-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Arsenal supporting mate says he's technically good but v lightweight
He wasn't that impressed....

Jim Cannon
10-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Arsenal supporting mate says he's technically good but v lightweight
He wasn't that impressed....
To be fair most Arsenal fans expect midfielders to be like Fabregas or they must be shite

joe walker
10-07-2010, 06:10 PM
yep, hauled off at half time

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/crystal-palace-burnley-0-warnock-takes-big-mo-to-playoffs-821173.html

By the looks of it that was the change to deal with the sending off

doodledandy
11-07-2010, 04:07 AM
I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday! I think this would work brilliantly - just need to track down that mystery DM. Shame we lost Ertl (I think Derry's time was up).

But didn't GB say he was looking for a playmaker?
Oh no...........The bring back Morrison brigade won't like that!

Jason
11-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah. If only we had played like that against Bristol City. Probably wouldn't be in this problem...although it is awfull exciting :)

Problem ?. I'm thinking being debt free in the CCC while owning our own ground for the first time in ages, and steadily building a tidy look squad is prtetty good myself. Certainly I wouldn't have dared think things would be looking this good in the run up to the Sheff Weds game :p

PALACE_FOR_LIFE
11-07-2010, 01:13 PM

4-2-3-1

Clyne -- McCarthy -- Barrett -- Stephen Jordan
--------- Randall ----- N'Diaye ----------
--- Dorman --- Jackson --- Ambrose --
--------------- Morrison ---------------

Been linked with Jordan, Morrison, Simeon Jackson. Garvan and wright on the bech with dannsey

cpfc4evandeva
14-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I was talking with my mate who supports Arsenal (goes every game home and away) and he was saying that Randall is quality.

He also said some young striker called Emanuel summat or other was very good too. Like a young Adebayor.

orp pisshead1
14-07-2010, 09:10 PM
He also said some young striker called Emanuel summat or other was very good too. Like a young Adebayor.

He was the kid on loan at donny last season i think and seems a decent prospect:p

elgin eagle
14-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I was talking with my mate who supports Arsenal (goes every game home and away) and he was saying that Randall is quality.

Jay Emanuel Thomas?

I think we might be onto something buying a few of these kids who haven't quite made it off the top clubs. Makes a change from them taking them off us. The wages are going to be less than 30 year old journeymen, and we can play the kids as and when they are in form, rotating them if necessary. The economics of the premier league mean that these lads careers are rotting away stuck in reserve teams at 20/21 when they should be playing first team football every week and developing their skills.

Not only that but people are going to be more willing to come down to watch players with something new to offer.

Adlerhorst
14-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Jay Emanuel Thomas?

I think we might be onto something buying a few of these kids who haven't quite made it off the top clubs. Makes a change from them taking them off us. The wages are going to be less than 30 year old journeymen, and we can play the kids as and when they are in form, rotating them if necessary. The economics of the premier league mean that these lads careers are rotting away stuck in reserve teams at 20/21 when they should be playing first team football every week and developing their skills.

Not only that but people are going to be more willing to come down to watch players with something new to offer.A couple of things to think about here.

Broadly I agree. But some of the kids at the bigger clubs are already on lots and lots. Like up to 10k a week for the better ones. Now I know that they don't all make it, and that we are not going to be getting the first tier of ones that don't (for example Muamba went to a prem club for a couple of million) but I would be surprised if Randall and the like are on less that 4-5k p/w. That is still a lot to spend on what is essentially a bit of a gamble. Hence why I like the loan to purchase option.

elgin eagle
14-07-2010, 09:35 PM
A couple of things to think about here.

Broadly I agree. But some of the kids at the bigger clubs are already on lots and lots. Like up to 10k a week for the better ones. Now I know that they don't all make it, and that we are not going to be getting the first tier of ones that don't (for example Muamba went to a prem club for a couple of million) but I would be surprised if Randall and the like are on less that 4-5k p/w. That is still a lot to spend on what is essentially a bit of a gamble. Hence why I like the loan to purchase option.

Yeah, while all signings have an element of risk attached, at least with youngsters you are gambling more with form, than the risk of injury, although obviously they can get just as injured, their recovery should be quicker.

I agree, having the loan to purchase option at least gets you first refusal and the chance to really know what you are buying. The other advantage of course to a jorneyman is a decent potential sell on fee, or a player you can keep with you in your side in the event of promotion.