PDA

View Full Version : Liam Bridcutt

danpalacefan5
11-07-2010, 08:19 AM
says in the people that he's on trial with us. Former Chelsea Midfielder.

Psychokiller
11-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Don't know much about him tbh, there's a piece below but it's written by a Chelsea fan so I wouldn't trust its accuracy 100%

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/13064-liam-bridcutt-trying-to-get-noticed/

eagle101
11-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Sounds like another potentially good signing.

I'm liking the players we're being linked to :p

TheCharmer
11-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Don't know much about him tbh, there's a piece below but it's written by a Chelsea fan so I wouldn't trust its accuracy 100%

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/13064-liam-bridcutt-trying-to-get-noticed/

Seems pretty well written to me.....

Psychokiller
11-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Seems pretty well written to me.....
Yeah, but it's a Chelsea fan. What do they know about football? :p

cpfcfan1
11-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Is a free agent, can play defence or midfield

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Bridcutt

PalaceSince2004
11-07-2010, 09:14 AM
I think he is a defence midfielder

rhynoeagle
11-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Hopefully hes a defensive midfeilder we need one plus a player like Garvan to have our Midfeild options complete. Then we can move to the Forwards !!

Adlerhorst
11-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah, but it's a Chelsea fan. What do they know about football? :pIf a chelsea fans knows about their youth team / reserve players then he might even be a real fan.

sheepy
11-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Sounds promising, lots of talented chelsea youth players aren't getting a look in there, we should do everything in our power to try and help these players turn their careers around.

A) there's a lot of talented players who just need the right opportunity
B) it shows we're prepared to give young players the chance they won't get at bigger clubs.
C) we have a decent track record with ex chelsea youth players (Hopkin, Forsell, Granville, Shipperley :p )

adrenalin john
11-07-2010, 10:18 AM
sounds like a very promising youngster; give him a few years experience with us, change his name Briddiscuttio and sell him back to chelsea for 20 million as essien's replacement and everyone will be happy

GrahamS
11-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I'll ask one of my good mates who's a Stockport fan what he thought of him.

GrahamS
11-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Just spoken to my mate, who said he started really well for Stockport but then faded by the middle of his loan spell. He didn't think that Bridcutt was really Championship standard yet (he added he didn't think Palace were either, so I pointed out Stockport's recent successes...)

Jim Cannon
11-07-2010, 02:47 PM
C) we have a decent track record with ex chelsea youth players (Granville,)
Granville did play quite a few games when he was at Chelsea and and Man City, he was about 28 or 29 by the time we signed him!

adrenalin john
11-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Ruud Gullit signed Granville for Chelsea from Cambridge Utd

The Bishop
11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
oVDsAoIDSgQ

BulletEagle
12-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Link (http://www.tribalfootball.com/crystal-palace-move-chelsea-youngster-bridcutt-968591?)

From Tribal Football:

Crystal Palace have moved for Chelsea midfielder Liam Bridcutt.

Palace have taken Bridcutt on trial after he was released by Chelsea.

The 21-year-old midfielder failed to convince the Blues he could cut it in the top flight.

cdm61
12-07-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0TPnMvSkU4&feature=related

Holding midfielder played most of last season with Stockport

cdm61
12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Stockport fan says...."Raw but well worth the investment in him if you take him on"

CPFC_DAVE77
12-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Isn't there AATOT? Anyway pretty sure whatever I read said he started well at County but then faded away.

cockles
12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
First holding midfielder we have been linked with...?

We've yet to replace Derry & Ertl (although GB probably wouldn't have 2 such players in the 11). I'm still expecting someone more experienced to come in for that role.

PJJY
12-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Isn't there AATOT? Anyway pretty sure whatever I read said he started well at County but then faded away.

Yes - http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205101

cockles
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Sounds promising, lots of talented chelsea youth players aren't getting a look in there, we should do everything in our power to try and help these players turn their careers around.

A) there's a lot of talented players who just need the right opportunity
B) it shows we're prepared to give young players the chance they won't get at bigger clubs.
C) we have a decent track record with ex chelsea youth players (Hopkin, Forsell, Granville, Shipperley :p )

Very good points.:p

montstar
12-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes - http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205101

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

PJJY
12-07-2010, 05:39 PM
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

They've been merged.

ANDI29
12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Doesnt he look like hayden mullins when he was younger

HARRY MONK
14-07-2010, 06:54 AM
looked really good when he came on , passing was good short and sharp .

gold76
14-07-2010, 07:42 AM
^

This, a lively little cameo, wanted the ball, hope he gets another go at Chelsea

dorkinglad
14-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Bridcutt signed for Chelsea in preference to other clubs as a junior and seems to have got lost in ther vastness of their academy. he only played eight games for the reserves last season.

I thought he did well without shinning. He played more as an offensive midfielder last night, pushing forward and managing a couple of shots. He's tough in the tackle for a relatively slight player. I wouldn't have thought he did enough to warrant signing last night but he should get other chance before a decision is made.

trufan
14-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I thought he did well without shinning.

He's not the new Steve Claridge, then? ;)

Neckinger Eagle
14-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Doesnt he look like hayden mullins when he was younger

Yes, about aged 6

Gooders
14-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Bridcutt signed for Chelsea in preference to other clubs as a junior and seems to have got lost in ther vastness of their academy.

They have an academy?!!! :eek:

cpfcfan1
14-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Someone on hol said he impressed highly tonight again

cpfcben
14-07-2010, 09:34 PM
From what I saw tonight he will not be good enough. No physical presence no ability to tackle and not a particularly good passer. Steer. clear.

cpfcben
14-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Gave away a needless penalty.

Seaside Eagle
14-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Gave away a needless penalty.

Apparently that was a poor decision?

cpfcben
14-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Not from I where I was standing. It was wreckless to say the least. Also there was no protests from him or any of his teammates. Steer well clear.

Halfwayline
14-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I thought he was one of the better players (I assume he was the little No. 6?) in our team tonight. I thought some of the passes and flicks were very good. Looked almost as good as Nicky Carle on a quarter of the wage?

Saying that he was playing against a team 5 divisions lower then Championship.

jobiinthelastmi
14-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Not from I where I was standing. It was wreckless to say the least. Also there was no protests from him or any of his teammates. Steer well clear.

Sorry he's not quite up to Messi standard yet :rolleyes:

ngg3
15-07-2010, 12:41 AM
I thought he was pretty impressive last night. Had some neat touches, kept possesion, always gave an option and could spot a pass.

RDSdaEAGLE
15-07-2010, 03:34 PM
From a Chelsea fan...

Liam Bridcutt is a decent little player, perhaps the Championship is one step too far for him at this moment in time, he's very composed on the ball and one of the cleanest tacklers i've seen come through our youth team ranks. He's definitely a "Makelele" who is best suited to a 3 man midfield though.

From a Stockport fan...

Bridcutt started off really well for us then he just gave-up. His attitude wilted away like no tomorrow, was pathetic to see.

Interesting. I reckon he might be worth a chance (judging by what others have said) - so long as he's not asking for a huge amount.

Brett
15-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Was impressive when he had some time on the ball but didn't appear to fancy it when Sutton started to mix it up in the midfield area.

Absolution
15-07-2010, 04:17 PM
From a Chelsea fan...

From a Stockport fan...

Interesting. I reckon he might be worth a chance (judging by what others have said) - so long as he's not asking for a huge amount.When you say "Chelsea fan" do you mean one that actually knows what he is talking about? Or one that went to Sport Soccer once and bought a 9.99 shirt and a mug? :)

CPFC_DAVE77
15-07-2010, 04:48 PM
When you say "Chelsea fan" do you mean mug? :)

EFA

hamge
17-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I think we should sign him. Looked good today.

cpfcmazz
17-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Made the difference when he came on I think, little through balls allowed a few good strikes on goal.

Abjekt
17-07-2010, 05:13 PM
EFA

:D

No.16
17-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Preferred him to the Italian, but on reflection could be good to get both and have the wise old head help N'Diaye, Bridcutt et al. I thought the Slovenian was the best of the bunch, nice tackle on Essien or Mikel (can't remember which), looked calm and found the pace really easy

Shipsisourking
17-07-2010, 07:55 PM
a bit tiny aint he? hopefully he can get round the championships finest and give them some aggro.

bgh2172
17-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Worth a punt on reflection, could go really well, or Tommy Black jumps to mind.

TOOPM
17-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I thought he looked good today. He also seemed really eager to get on, spent half the first half and all the time he wasn't on in the second half warming up - he obviously wanted to play. As long as he is that eager to play every game, not just against his old club - then we should sign him.

Pennyfather
18-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I reckon we should take him on. Shows a good touch & composure on the ball & will fit in well with the brand of passing football GB likes to encourage. Looks like a good player.

Chris K
18-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Would be a good squad member if on reasonable wages

winston the dog
18-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Looked good on the Internet, wonder how close a deal could be?

Hedgehog
18-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Looked a lot like Bostock from what I saw on the stream yesterday.. not that I've seen Bostock.

jams1234
18-07-2010, 07:16 PM
How old is he? I liked him.

Woosie
18-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Possibly a stupid suggestion but rather than giving Bridcutt a deal, might it be worth seeing what our Welsh academy player John(ny?) Williams can do? Anyone that watches the academy regularly, what do you think about his ability, looked very impressive when i saw him a few times. About Bridcutt's height and build as well, which is why I thought about it.

I'm not convinced about Bridcutt, possibly worth a short term deal though.

cpalacefan88
20-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Possibly a stupid suggestion but rather than giving Bridcutt a deal, might it be worth seeing what our Welsh academy player John(ny?) Williams can do? Anyone that watches the academy regularly, what do you think about his ability, looked very impressive when i saw him a few times. About Bridcutt's height and build as well, which is why I thought about it.

I'm not convinced about Bridcutt, possibly worth a short term deal though.

aint this williams a winger?

cpalacefan88
20-07-2010, 03:46 AM
i dont know if this is an omen, but on my fifa 10 manager mode Palace made an offer to me for Bridcutt of 1.25 mill LOL

Skid Row
20-07-2010, 04:20 AM
i dont know if this is an omen, but on my fifa 10 manager mode Palace made an offer to me for Bridcutt of 1.25 mill LOL
You are playing as Chelsea on Fifa 10 Manager, is that what you're trying to tell us?

cpalacefan88
20-07-2010, 04:23 AM
You are playing as Chelsea on Fifa 10 Manager, is that what you're trying to tell us?

i was actually playing as stockport, he was on loan there

HARRY MONK
20-07-2010, 09:54 AM
let go with morgan , shame thought he looked good

TC EAGLE
20-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Latest on all the trialist
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/crystalpalace/eaglesnews/8281105.Bridcutt_and_Morgan_not_joining_Palace/

EagleSE24
20-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Have assume that as Bridcutt is not being offered a deal that GB is confident of getting in players he considers to be better for Palace. Which can only be a good thing.

james powell
20-07-2010, 10:02 AM
:(

GreatGonzo
20-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Latest on all the trialist
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/crystalpalace/eaglesnews/8281105.Bridcutt_and_Morgan_not_joining_Palace/

Important line at the bottom there about the budget. Baiocco and Radosavljevic may be good players but may be too expensive, looks like we may not be too far off what we can offer players. May also mean Colace (who is not mentioned) may have been tied up by the time the quote was made.

ChristalPalace
20-07-2010, 10:11 AM
The fact that Bridcutt has been let go suggests to me that he is expecting Colace to sign.

Psychokiller
20-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Both players were far too lightweight IMHO. League 1/2 players at best.

Gooders
20-07-2010, 10:13 AM
As I said on another thread, Bridcutt just looks too diddy to me - although perhaps I say it as shouldn't. :)

GodstoneEagle
20-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Colace/Garvan/Rado/Baiocco

No space for Bridcutt

dannyboy1807
20-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Morgan was never going to cut it, Bridcutt has potential but was too lightweight sadly.

TC EAGLE
20-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Colace/Garvan/Rado/Baiocco

No space for Bridcutt

I think it will be any two from four I don't think Burley has the budget for all off them if he nedds to make more signings to strengthen the squad in other areas. Rado and Baiocco are not going to west contry but Anthony Ouasafane is, so he may be looking at him again as cover for left full back

ChristalPalace
20-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Looks like Colace won't be coming either now. :(

maxpower
20-07-2010, 10:59 AM
ha ha somes it up really now we defo need a dm

Aaroncpfc
20-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I think a team like Bristol Rovers would be perfect for Bridcutt, but I am worried for these Chelsea midfielders who never seem to progress. Tom Taiwo is now an average player at Carlisle, Anthony Grant seems to have dropped off the radar despite looking decent whenever I saw him play at Southend, god knows what has happened to Michael Woods whilst Liam Bridcutt looks to come down the same path of becoming a very average.

Scott Sinclair needs to get out of there quick, whilst I believe he will never drop down to League One on the basis of how good he was for us our country's at a stage now where we need to find a new batch of England players, if he stays at Chelsea I can't see him going on to have as many international honours as a player of his calibre should have.

Gooders
20-07-2010, 12:01 PM
International honours Aaron?

The guy has got to consistently nail down a starting spot anywhere long before that happens - something that he has failed to do up to now, except perhaps whilst he was at Palace.

old geezer
20-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I think a team like Bristol Rovers would be perfect for Bridcutt, but I am worried for these Chelsea midfielders who never seem to progress. Tom Taiwo is now an average player at Carlisle, Anthony Grant seems to have dropped off the radar despite looking decent whenever I saw him play at Southend, god knows what has happened to Michael Woods whilst Liam Bridcutt looks to come down the same path of becoming a very average.

Scott Sinclair needs to get out of there quick, whilst I believe he will never drop down to League One on the basis of how good he was for us our country's at a stage now where we need to find a new batch of England players, if he stays at Chelsea I can't see him going on to have as many international honours as a player of his calibre should have.

Its like a numbers game with the larger clubs. Get in a large number of the best youngsters in the country and hope that a certain percentage make the cut.

If you look at a number of the Chelsea's young players they were all poached from smaller clubs or European based teams. Look at the young left back for them, he was taken from Gillingham I believe.

FYI Michael Woods played against us at the weekend.

ChristalPalace
20-07-2010, 12:45 PM

The guy has got to consistently nail down a starting spot anywhere long before that happens - something that he has failed to do up to now, except perhaps whilst he was at Palace.

Exactly. Sinclair couldn't get a game at Wigan last season, whereas Moses took a few weeks acclimatising and was then a permanent fixture in their side. Of course there was more incentive to play Moses as someone you'd spent 2.5m on rather than someone you'd loaned who was going to sod off again at the end of the season, but the point stands.

He impressed on loan at Plymouth as well, scoring that great goal against us where he ran the length of the pitch before scoring at Home Park, if I recall. I can see Holloway trying to get him in at Blackpool to be honest.

Popester
20-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm a bit gutted about this - thought he looked really impressive. Hopefully we have better / more suitable players in the lined up as it's definitely an area we need to strengthen.

glaziers fan
20-07-2010, 01:37 PM
We got the wrong chelsea player on loan. Sinclair would have been much better. Forget the 35 year old italian as well. He's hardly going to be one for the future. Ambrose provides our class. Danns the experience. We need young talented players in the midfield, not cast-offs. N'Diaye is a better prospect than anyone we've had on loan.

glaziers fan
20-07-2010, 01:42 PM

He was a TOP class player for us. In his time with us he outshone Victor. Both should make it to the very top. I think Aaron's point that in the majority of cases it's easier to play regularly in the ccc than wait for an opportunity with the likes of chelsea if you want to give yourself the chance of success.

Celestial Empire
20-07-2010, 02:32 PM
He was a TOP class player for us. In his time with us he outshone Victor.

I don't think so. Sinclair is an excellent player, but the Vic's potential is much more - he has everything in his locker. He did kind of "outshine Victor" in terms of fan delight, but Vic was the better player even then.
Sinclair is like Carlton Cole - lots of obvious potential, loaned all over the place (some hits, some misses), then, once settled, starts to show what he can do. Sinclair needs to make the move now.

rhynoeagle
20-07-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't think so. Sinclair is an excellent player, but the Vic's potential is much more - he has everything in his locker. He did kind of "outshine Victor" in terms of fan delight, but Vic was the better player even then.
Sinclair is like Carlton Cole - lots of obvious potential, loaned all over the place (some hits, some misses), then, once settled, starts to show what he can do. Sinclair needs to make the move now.

When scott cam on on saturday he looked like as if he was one of the best in the league. He was a class above and is a better goal scorer then victor and is faster.

I'd say they're as good as eashother but Vicmos better, hes ours. :afro:

Brett
21-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Bridcutt was roughed up against Sutton and went missing when the tempo was raised (and that was just a friendly tempo).

Not surprised GB has said "no thanks".

Neckinger Eagle
31-08-2010, 06:33 PM
It's probably been mentioned on another thread somewhere but Bridcutt signed a half season contract for Brighton this weekend just gone.

james powell
31-08-2010, 07:15 PM
I thought he was great :(

DaveP
22-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I noticed there was a Bridcutt playing for Brighton last night, im guessing this was the one?

Would make sense considering Gus Poyet probably knew him from his Chelsea days.

eagles #1
22-09-2010, 11:19 AM
I noticed there was a Bridcutt playing for Brighton last night, im guessing this was the one?

Would make sense considering Gus Poyet probably knew him from his Chelsea days.
Yep, doing very well for them it looks like..

the digger
22-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I thought he looked good when he came on against Crawley, but will be surprised if his size doesn't count against him in the English game. Messi and Iniesta wouldn't get a game here!

dufski13
23-09-2010, 02:04 PM
but will be surprised if his size doesn't count against him in the English game. Messi and Iniesta wouldn't get a game here!

I think that's nonsense, Zola, Scholes & Modric just of the top of my head managed to get games.Defoe is no giant, I think if we put our minds to it we could come up with a very big list of smaller players that thrived here, despite the physical nature of the game. Iniesta & Messi would both have been stars had they been playing here.

cpfcben
23-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Regardless of size he just wasn't very good. Him versus marrow, no contest at all.

Niel Smillie
05-11-2010, 05:59 PM
It's probably been mentioned on another thread somewhere but Bridcutt signed a half season contract for Brighton this weekend just gone.
He has just signed a longer contract with them, he apparently played a big part in their win away at Peterborough last week.

Barreloffun
05-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Bridcutt has been a revelation. Improving all the time. Scored his first goal today with a 90+4 minute winner. Definitely a serious contender for player of the season.

Only contracted until June, so we will have to wait and see if he takes the field at Falmer.

He might be small, but he is far from lightweight. Your loss was definitely our gain.

Maiden Eagle
05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Bridcutt has been a revelation. Improving all the time. Scored his first goal today with a 90+4 minute winner. Definitely a serious contender for player of the season.

Only contracted until June, so we will have to wait and see if he takes the field at Falmer.

He might be small, but he is far from lightweight. Your loss was definitely our gain.

I think there is a difference in standard between the C'Ship and League One, but I take your point.
Unfortunately the decision not to sign Bridcutt, after having a look at him, was taken by a certain Mr George Burley - Enough said !

hoskingt
05-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I think there is a difference in standard between the C'Ship and League One, but I take your point.
Unfortunately the decision not to sign Bridcutt, after having a look at him, was taken by a certain Mr George Burley - Enough said !
The decision to take him on on trial may also have been his so it's pretty irrelevant.

Barreloffun
06-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Granted. He held his own against Watford and Portsmouth, but two games are not a great acid test. Hopefully he will have a chance to prove he has what it takes, next season.

RDSdaEAGLE
06-03-2011, 03:59 AM

I'm not sure the difference is that great - looking at promoted sides who've recently come up a division, the majority of them don't seem to struggle with relatively unchanged squads.

I gather Barley felt he lacked the physical attributes needed for Championship football - a decision we might call shortsighted now but with little to really judge it against.

Gooders
06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm not sure there's a tremendous amount of difference between The Championship and League 1 these days, to be honest.

In either league what you need to succeed, above all, is consistency.

The way things are going, we'll find out next season.

Pennyfather
06-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure the difference is that great - looking at promoted sides who've recently come up a division, the majority of them don't seem to struggle with relatively unchanged squads.

I gather Barley felt he lacked the physical attributes needed for Championship football - a decision we might call shortsighted now but with little to really judge it against.

Yet he signed Dorman!!!

Seaside Eagle
06-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure there's a tremendous amount of difference between The Championship and League 1 these days, to be honest.

In either league what you need to succeed, above all, is consistency.

The way things are going, we'll find out next season.

Maybe between the top of League 1 and the Championship, but not at the bottom. Even Preston would comfortably beat every team in the bottom half of League 1.

Absolution
06-03-2011, 02:42 PM

He might be small, but he is far from lightweight. Your loss was definitely our gain.Poyet has a good eye for signings, I've been quite impressed with a number of the players he has brought in over the last two seasons.

Barreloffun
06-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I think we have invested heavily in our scouting network. Barry Lloyd has been shelved (thank god) and we are going far and wider than ever before. A cigarette trip for Barry Lloyd to Lithuania has been replaced with jaunts to Argentina and so on.

We have poached the main man at Watford, football development, so I can see things going from strength to strength.

Of course, every manager has a failure or five and we have some of them. You just don't hear about them because they rarely play!

Benzhiyi
06-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Deflatingly, his goal yesterday was an absolute beaut.

jcreedy
07-01-2013, 09:42 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/06/gus-poyet-says-brighton-star-liam-bridcutt-could-play-for-real-madrid-after-newcastle-display-3340748/

Poyet going overboard slightly, but it's a shame we didn't take him on.

GreatGonzo
07-01-2013, 09:44 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/06/gus-poyet-says-brighton-star-liam-bridcutt-could-play-for-real-madrid-after-newcastle-display-3340748/

Anonymous in the game against us, and shown up by Jedinak who had a comfortable game, we shall see if the same is true in March.

Looks like Gus is talking up the price knowing he will lose him this month or in the summer. MotM against Newcastle reserves and could now play for Real!!!

ffsear
07-01-2013, 09:49 AM
He did have a great game to be fair!

orp pisshead1
07-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Not good enough for Palace or Madrid , what a twat poyet is.

maestro
07-01-2013, 09:51 AM
I thought he was very good against us, I remember him blocking a shot from zaha when he came from nowhere

orp pisshead1
07-01-2013, 09:52 AM
He did have a great game to be fair!

Easter would look good vs newcastle reserves.

917L
07-01-2013, 09:53 AM

No, it isnt

Not very good when on trial with us and not good enough to get in our side now

jcreedy
07-01-2013, 10:02 AM
No, it isnt

I thought he looked very tidy in the friendly with Chelsea at Selhurst.

scro
07-01-2013, 10:03 AM
No, it isnt

The limited amount I have seen of him he is better than kg and o'keefe. I would think he would get in our side. Whether he would improve it enough for the spend is a different question.

marky1919
07-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Bridcutt is AMAZING. So is Will Buckley who is BETTER THAN ZAHA!!!!!

Penstone Eagle
07-01-2013, 10:17 AM
No, it isnt

Agreed, doesn't particularly stand out to me, wouldn't get in our team and good luck to him if he thinks he'll walk straight into a Prem team, I thought the midfielder for Mansfield yesterday was a better player to be honest.

EagleSE24
07-01-2013, 10:18 AM
He is a good player. As a holding midfielder I wouldn't say he's better than Jedi, who is proving himself to be one of, if not the most dominant midfielder in the league.

Bridcutt seems to be more of a Leon Britton type who plays deep and moves the ball intelligently.

maestro
07-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Would be excellent alongside Jedi, when is he out of contract? :D

917L
07-01-2013, 12:08 PM
The limited amount I have seen of him he is better than kg and o'keefe. I would think he would get in our side. Whether he would improve it enough for the spend is a different question.

Better than KG?

Utterly absurd

Billyd
07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
No, it isnt

Have to disagree. Id say there is one or two Brighton that would get into the Palace team and Bridcutt is certainly one of them. Class player.

Billyd
07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Better than KG?

Utterly absurd

Bridcutt is head and shoulders the best player at Brighton this season. He will be in the Prem in a year or 2 no question.

917L
07-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Bridcutt is head and shoulders the best player at Brighton this season. He will be in the Prem in a year or 2 no question.

Being the best player at Br*ghton, isnt any decent guide of a players ability :)

He was their best player when we beat them a few weeks ago, but still wasnt even close to our midfielders, nor was he on the other 2 occasions we have played them when he's been in the team

GreatGonzo
07-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Being the best player at Br*ghton, isnt any decent guide of a players ability :)

He was their best player when we beat them a few weeks ago, but still wasnt even close to our midfielders, nor was he on the other 2 occasions we have played them when he's been in the team

Because of Dunk he was playing in a 4 man midfield up against 5 and he was man marking Zaha which he did a good job of, hoever it created so much space our midfield ran riot.

Close call between KG and Bridcutt.

carter
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Bridcutt is actually a very good player and I was well and truly pissed off when Burley decided not to sign him

igl
07-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Rumours are that he could be on the way to Norwich in this transfer window. Good player, who I think if he played for Palace and not Brighton, we would probably rave about.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
07-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Rumours are that he could be on the way to Norwich in this transfer window.
In the real world, yes. But of course, in the crazy mish mash of the minds of Gus and his disciples on NSC, he's going to Real Madrid for 12m.

Billyd
07-01-2013, 04:22 PM

Thats true :) However mate you need to take your Palace specs off if you think KG is better.

Billyd
07-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Rumours are that he could be on the way to Norwich in this transfer window. .

Enquiry made today apparently. Oh please go to Norwich, and hopefully for next to nothing

Niel Smillie
07-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Thats true :) However mate you need to take your Palace specs off if you think KG is better.
I have seen Bridcutt play a few times and I have to say, I think we made as big a mistake letting him go as Brighton did letting Murray go.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
07-01-2013, 05:16 PM
I have seen Bridcutt play a few times and I have to say, I think we made as big a mistake letting him go as Brighton did letting Murray go.
True to an extent, but you need to apply historical context.

Brighton are traditionally a lower league club and were able to give Bridcutt a valuable season of experience in League 1 in which to hone his skills. We required Championship-ready players.

Absolution
07-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Norwich tend to pick up some good players out of the Championship. He could be useful for them.

I wish that Poyet would stop being such a tit with these comments. I like the fact he wants to promote his players but why go so OTT? It's like the whole Buckley deal, why bother with the Zaha comparison? Talk about Buckley.

spuddy
07-01-2013, 09:20 PM

He's a decent enough player but if we had got bridcutt it might have meant never getting Jedi which is unthinkable & I know exactly who I would much rather have