PDA

View Full Version : Stuart O'Keefe (Southend) SIGNS. Official.

Ninja Eric
13-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Another player signing for us from the shrimpers soon.......

BulletEagle
13-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Heinz?

KungFuCharlie
13-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Should sort the catering out

http://stuartokeeffe.com/

hamge
13-07-2010, 03:57 PM
19 years old. Is able to play in the centre of midfield or out wide. 09/10 was his first season.

TONBRIDGE EAGLE
13-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Another ex Ipswich player?

hamge
13-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Another ex Ipswich player?

Yes. Played there from the age of nine but didn't make a first team apperance.

Ninja Eric
13-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Heinz?

Can't reveal unfortunately but it's from somebody "in the know!" An insider

chatham_eagle
Or the stadium build.

GreatGonzo
No record of him having ever played a first team game anywhere is there?

Brett
13-07-2010, 04:02 PM
We've had more links than Google since the takeover.

SpikeyMatt
13-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Do wish we'd stop visiting the rotting carcass of Southend for new additions, we hated it when it very nearly happened to us when we were in administration and it really doesn't sit comfortably with me doing the same to other clubs so soon after we came out of our strife.

I know Dougie's got connections and all but still, let's have some respect.

PJJY
13-07-2010, 04:03 PM
No record of him having ever played a first team game anywhere is there?

Yes there is.

4 starts and 4 sub appearances last season.

1 start and 3 sub appearances in 2008/2009.

GanbareWashi
13-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Do wish we'd stop visiting the rotting carcass of Southend for new additions, we hated it when it very nearly happened to us when we were in administration and it really doesn't sit comfortably with me doing the same to other clubs so soon after we came out of our strife.

Totally agree m8

GreatGonzo
13-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Yes there is.

Soccerbase didn't find him under player search but found him under Southend squad - where Dougie is also listed :D

Wasn't on the football league website as having played but they may have a minimum number of games for inclusion on there. No goals, no assists, stepping up from a side relegated to League 2 to a Championship side, would make it a big gamble.

Neckinger Eagle

It's not the fact that they are in trouble that worries me, dog eat dog and all that, but I'm starting to wonder whether GB's scouts cannot find their way out of the Suffolk/Essex coast area?

wighteagle

Couldn't agree more.

Crunchie
Yes there is.

1 start and 3 sub appearances in 2008/2009.

:eek:

GG has to update his website :)

the kooch
13-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Hold on, stop agreeing with each other m8s. Barrett walked out from his contract on his own because he wasn't being paid. He would have signed for another club if it wasn't for us.

Ninja Eric
13-07-2010, 04:10 PM
He's going to come in as a squad player isn't he - we are going to need players in the squad that aren't desperate for first team football just yet that we can help develop into much better players than they are. It sounds like this is the case here

Nelson Muntz
13-07-2010, 04:11 PM

Plus the fact they cant be that good.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
13-07-2010, 04:12 PM
It's not the fact that they are in trouble that worries me, dog eat dog and all that, but I'm starting to wonder whether GB's scouts cannot find their way out of the Suffolk/Essex coast area?
I think they're looking for low risk signings. CPFC2010 have been quoted as saying that they can't make any mistakes in the transfer market, so that might explain why they're mainly going for players they know, or are less likely to have trouble settling in a new area?

monkey nuts
13-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Who?

rhynoeagle
13-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I still like the idea of these low risk signings. Sure some will be duds but we will always pick up 1 or 2 gems.

Andy Dorman is one i am especially looking forward too.

ChristalPalace
13-07-2010, 04:19 PM

I couldn't agree more.

However so far we have only signed Barrett, who was a free agent because they couldn't afford to pay him.

We have been linked with Francis, but apparently he is off to Charlton instead.

Can't say I've heard of O'Keefe to be honest.

yorkshire eagle
13-07-2010, 04:25 PM

why would they want to leave its the best place in the uk to live:p

Glazier69
13-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I think they're looking for low risk signings. CPFC2010 have been quoted as saying that they can't make any mistakes in the transfer market, so that might explain why they're mainly going for players they know, or are less likely to have trouble settling in a new area?

It will also keep travelling costs to a minimum - they can hire a minbus to go home to East Anglia after matches and take it in turns to drive. Alan Lee knows the way! :p

BulletEagle
13-07-2010, 04:48 PM
There is a difference between us and them. QPR were trying to get our UNDER CONTRACT players for peanuts and unsettling them. We are simply signing out of contract players who don't want to be at Southend any more.

PalaceSince2004
13-07-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZCjSNUSNk

BulletEagle
13-07-2010, 05:31 PM

Got up and carried on, good lad.

cpfcfan1
13-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Only played 10 games since 2008 for them, anyone know why?

Scroatey
13-07-2010, 05:36 PM
He's going to come in as a squad player isn't he - we are going to need players in the squad that aren't desperate for first team football just yet that we can help develop into much better players than they are. It sounds like this is the case hereI'd look at it the other way, they will be desperate to prove themselves and get into the first team, and this can only be good for us.

cpfcben
13-07-2010, 05:50 PM
That is one of the more impressive scouting videos. I am surprised his agent is not sending that clip to all the championship managers.

Absolutely hilarious.

chatham_eagle
13-07-2010, 05:52 PM

He's only 19.

cpfcfan1
13-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh ok, cant say I know too much about him

tbooker
13-07-2010, 06:00 PM
interesting...

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?57878-Stuart-O-Keefe&highlight=Stuart+O'Keefe

CPFCNathan
13-07-2010, 06:08 PM

This.

rainbow_child
13-07-2010, 06:23 PM

Because he's pony! :o

etu
13-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Semi-this.

It's one thing to sign a high wage earner, someone they want off their book. But if we're going to nab their prospects they do deserve a fee.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
13-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Semi-this.

It's one thing to sign a high wage earner, someone they want off their book. But if we're going to nab their prospects they do deserve a fee.

I disagree, in that 'deserve' doesn't come into it. We 'deserved' to receive more of a fee for Moses due to his talent, but in some ways we also deserved to get rolled over in the transfer market due to the pickle we were in.

If a club doesn't want to lose players it shouldn't back itself into a financial corner. In order to avoid us being back in that situation, I'm perfectly happy for us to legitimately exploit the transfer market for our own gain.

Freddy Kurz
13-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Soccerbase didn't find him under player search but found him under Southend squad - where Dougie is also listed :D

Wasn't on the football league website as having played but they may have a minimum number of games for inclusion on there. No goals, no assists, stepping up from a side relegated to League 2 to a Championship side, would make it a big gamble.

Can recall Coppell signing Coleman from relegated Swansea. Didn't turn out
to be a bad signing.

If anyone should know about this player it will be Dougie Freedman. Weren't
many on BBS campaigning for Dougie to be our new manager? Precisely what
has he subsequently done for these same people to question his judgement?

gold76
14-07-2010, 07:26 AM
As an aside, as far as Southend were concerned, didn't they have to cancel a friendly at the weekend due to having only about 9 senior pro's on the books?

It doesn't bode very well, I wish them all the best.

Scoot
14-07-2010, 07:38 AM

If the BBS existed way back when, you would have said the same about Phil Barber, Ian Wright, Andy Gray, Mark Bright and possibly Geoff Thomas and Alan Pardew

ChristalPalace
18-07-2010, 10:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southend_utd/8831419.stm

"Meanwhile, boss Sturrock has revealed that Franck Moussa, Francis Laurent, Jean-Francois Christophe and Stuart O'Keefe want to leave the club and were left out of Friday's 2-0 friendly defeat by Dartford."

Ralph
18-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Perhaps we could agree to loan the Shrimpers a few young lads to see them through their Administration...particularly As we seem to be pillaging them of all theirs.

thereichstuff
18-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Perhaps we could agree to loan the Shrimpers a few young lads to see them through their Administration...particularly As we seem to be pillaging them of all theirs. Pillaging ? weve only signed adam barrett off them . Its only speculation atm , if they let the players go and they are good enough why not go for them !

sufcfan
05-08-2010, 11:14 PM
He has now signed for you, not sure why it hasn't been announced yet.

gold76
06-08-2010, 06:05 AM
^

Thanks for the info, perhaps he was one of the rumoured players we were after in "tweetgate".

If so, another body to pad out our very thin squad.

Maidstoned Eagle
06-08-2010, 06:06 AM
If the BBS existed way back when, you would have said the same about Phil Barber, Ian Wright, Andy Gray, Mark Bright and possibly Geoff Thomas and Alan Pardew
And blamed it all on Neil Warnock.

miker999
06-08-2010, 06:45 AM
I saw him play last season, I got dragged to Millwall by a friend, I know you shouldn't but there was an off chance that Dougie might have been playing so worth the risk of catching something. If it's who I think it is then he seemed decent. Small young lad, came on second half, played down the left for them, full of energy, definately one for the future though.

Freddy Kurz
06-08-2010, 07:50 AM
With Sean out for up to six months, could be a useful understudy?
b Eye, Suffolk 4.3.91 H.5'8" W.10.00. Played 3 League games.
for Southend up to 2008/09.

james powell
06-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Source?

Freddy Kurz
06-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Perhaps we could agree to loan the Shrimpers a few young lads to see them through their Administration...particularly As we seem to be pillaging them of all theirs.

Had it occurred to you that we could be helping them offload one or
two of their "high" earners? Could be mutually beneficial to both
clubs.

Beckenham Boy
06-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Had it occurred to you that we could be helping them offload one or
two of their "high" earners? Could be mutually beneficial to both
clubs.

O'Keefe has played 3 games last season and 2 the season before, I hardly think that he is in the high earner categegory

Kirby
06-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Welcome Stuart! :p :lux:

cpfcfan1
06-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Confirmed? or what :?

rhynoeagle
06-08-2010, 09:15 AM
So he will be challenging Cadogen for a spot on the wing ? Or will he be kind of a Ryan Smith player, coming off the bench ?

CPFC_DAVE77
06-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Confirmed? or what :?

Indeed, is it actually confirmed?

Beckenham Boy
06-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I asked Matt Slater from the BBC, who is a massive Southend fan, about this

danlane9 - @bbc_matt Matt, I hear palace could be getting O'Keefe from SUFC - heard anything on this?

bbc_matt - @danlane9 Bugger. Just spoke 2 resident CP man & he says yes. Dougie F connection. Disappointing as O'Keefe, Herd, Crawford r meant 2 b future

Alderman
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM
It probably hasn't been announced as the FL have not sanctioned our exit from Administration yet and have granted us special dispensation to register 20 players to be available for tomorrow.
I have done a numbers count of our first team squad and it comes to exactly 20 at the moment.That includes Scannell and Hills who are long term injuries.

So in theory we will be able to play both Garvan and Bennett tomorrow and hope the FL sort it soon.
It's taken long enough!!

rhynoeagle
06-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I wonder if he will actually sign. Maybe a hidden Gem we have on our hands ? :D:D:D:D

Freddy Kurz
07-08-2010, 12:02 PM
O'Keefe has played 3 games last season and 2 the season before, I hardly think that he is in the high earner categegory

I did mention "one or two "high earners, which would undoubtedly include
Adam Barrett. In Southend's critical financial situation, even oofloading
a youngster like O'Keefe, if he was on a three-year contract might help
save them money.

I was trying to point out that far from Palace "robbing" a lowly club of
all their talented footballers, we could actually be helping that club
to stay afloat. Try and recall the number of young players Palace
sent out on loan over the past couple of seasons. It wasnt always
to help them develop elsewhere but to lighten Palace's pay-roll.

I really don't think Dougie, until, recentlly a Southend player would be
doing anything to hurt his former club, but might seek to find ways of
arranging things to our mutual advantage.....

NathanCPFCD
07-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I did mention "one or two "high earners, which would undoubtedly include
Adam Barrett. In Southend's critical financial situation, even oofloading
a youngster like O'Keefe, if he was on a three-year contract might help
save them money.

I was trying to point out that far from Palace "robbing" a lowly club of
all their talented footballers, we could actually be helping that club
to stay afloat. Try and recall the number of young players Palace
sent out on loan over the past couple of seasons. It wasnt always
to help them develop elsewhere but to lighten Palace's pay-roll.

I really don't think Dougie, until, recentlly a Southend player would be
doing anything to hurt his former club, but might seek to find ways of
arranging things to our mutual advantage.....

Good Point. Well made :p

andy123
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
anyone know if this is going to be confirmed or not??

foxy
15-08-2010, 07:54 AM
will be confirmed soon

gold76
15-08-2010, 08:07 AM
^
Another body of course, to add to our rather thin squad, can anyone see him making an impact?

Penstone Eagle
15-08-2010, 08:19 AM
^
Another body of course, to add to our rather thin squad, can anyone see him making an impact?

No, just as you say bulks out the squad a bit, we are in danger of having too many midfielders and too many options, if it's possible to have too many of course.

I'm stating the obvious of course, but a striker or 2 is what will make a difference, we need competition and cover in that position.

rhynoeagle
15-08-2010, 09:21 AM
No, just as you say bulks out the squad a bit, we are in danger of having too many midfielders and too many options, if it's possible to have too many of course.

I'm stating the obvious of course, but a striker or 2 is what will make a difference, we need competition and cover in that position.

He can possible play upfront, hes quickish too. He would play a similar role to the one Ryan Smith done, he's very young and he'd be low budget, I'd be happy with this.

He could also challenge Cadogen right to his potential too.

Woosie
15-08-2010, 10:07 AM
If he's a winger then perhaps he could fill the void at left wing (obviously not as a regualr starter yet) as we appear to be playing central midfielders in that position currently

Dingle
17-08-2010, 12:09 PM
In out XI to play West Ham today

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~2125267,00.html

Ninja Eric
17-08-2010, 12:20 PM
In out XI to play West Ham today

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~2125267,00.html

Hopefully this should happen now.....

rhynoeagle
17-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Good luck Stu !!!

kolinkins
17-08-2010, 12:39 PM
If he's a winger then perhaps he could fill the void at left wing (obviously not as a regualr starter yet) as we appear to be playing central midfielders in that position currently

Which central midfielders have we played on the left?

GreatGonzo
17-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Which central midfielders have we played on the left?

Ambrose in the first half on Saturday and then Dorman in the 2nd half! Ambrose against Leicester, and the Andrew against Yeovil as a Striker out wide left.

The Gerry Queen
17-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Did anyone hear how Stueart O'Keefe did today against West Ham ?

GreatGonzo
17-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Not mentioned in the report on the WHU website, guess we will have to wait for one on the Palace website which will tell us more about our players.

cpalacefan88
17-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Did anyone hear how Stueart O'Keefe did today against West Ham ?

well according to palace echo we lost 2-1 but sebastian grax opened the scoring

Seaside Eagle
17-08-2010, 04:34 PM
well according to palace echo we lost 2-1 but sebastian grax opened the scoring

Sign him up! :lux:

Latvian Eagle
18-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Just had the text to confirm we've signed O'Keefe.

cpfcfan1
18-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Welcome Stuart :)

cpfcfan1
18-08-2010, 09:49 AM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~2126133,00.html

rhynoeagle
18-08-2010, 09:50 AM
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2124243,00.html

Wooo. Good to see see another player over the line. COuld see up to 4 players come in today :D - Not official but we could.

Beckenham Boy
18-08-2010, 09:52 AM
I have to say I'm delighted we have signed him as I feel he is a real prospect but I am saddened we have not paid anything to Southend for him. I realise that they were willing to let him leave to clear his wages from the books but still hoped there would be a fee to Southend involved.

marky1919
18-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Officially signed! :)

Absolution
Another player signs. Good stuff.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~2126133,00.html?

thehalifaxman
official sit tweeted done deal horay!
Davids must have been a smokescreen for his signing!

Latvian Eagle
18-08-2010, 10:00 AM
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2124243,00.html

Wooo. Good to see see another player over the line. COuld see up to 4 players come in today :D - Not official but we could.

O'Keefe
Grax
Davids

Who'd be the 4th?

rhynoeagle
I wonder when we will get to see him feature. Sounds exciting. When was the last time we signed somone as young as this ?

hamge
And he is young which is good.

rhynoeagle
18-08-2010, 10:01 AM
O'Keefe
Grax
Davids

Who'd be the 4th?

Counago - Its a long shot but people seem to think he may be coming. Its likely to be between Grax and Counago i'd say. Also Jay simpson still hasn't gone anywhere.

Owngoal
18-08-2010, 10:02 AM
One for the future with a sell on clause in the next 3 years, we are building for the future as well as the present which is good to see - largely from the views of Dougie so hope he is a good judge! Welcome Stuart

james powell
18-08-2010, 10:03 AM
:lux:

JamTheEagle
18-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Welcome Stuart :p.

The12thman
18-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Found this on BBC forum, 1 Southend fans recent opinion:

He is 18 years old and has a very good repuation at youth level (turned down a couple of Premier League clubs to join us, as well as winning league 1 scholar of the year a couple of years back).

Sounds promising.

With this signing and perhaps a couple more to follow I am feeling quite reassured about our squad depth now and the numbers we will have for the season. If we get Davids aswell we will have 10 midfielders, although 5 are youngsters who I think will be making more sub appearances than starts this season (Cadogan, Djilali, N'Diaye, O'Keefe, Wynter).

All we need then is a decent striker and we will have our squad sorted.

Good times Palace fans, good times!

rhynoeagle
18-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Sounds brilliant. He has a good attitude aswell i've been told.

LeeH
18-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Nice one - I'm really enjoying watching this squad get put together

Good luck Stuart :p

hoskingt
18-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Im quite happy with this signing. Dont know too much about him but he'll be a good backup player i think and good for the future.

sufcfan
18-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi guys

I wouldn't get too excited over the signing of Stuart, to be fair he's pretty average with an over inflated opinion of himself, however he is only young and if prepared to knuckle down and bide his time then maybe that opinion may turn out to be justified in time.

Good luck Stuart.

LeeH
18-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi guys

I wouldn't get too excited over the signing of Stuart, to be fair he's pretty average with an over inflated opinion of himself, however he is only young and if prepared to knuckle down and bide his time then maybe that opinion may turn out to be justified in time.

Good luck Stuart.
Christ, we've re-signed John Bostock :D

Thanks for the opinion sufcfan, I hope we'll see a different side to his footballing skills than what you've taken from seeing him once Burley works with him.

sufcfan
18-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Christ, we've re-signed John Bostock :D

Thanks for the opinion sufcfan, I hope we'll see a different side to his footballing skills than what you've taken from seeing him once Burley works with him.

Don't get me wrong i wish him well, i just think he needs to realise that he is not as good as he thinks he is, i know for a fact that we tried to put him out on loan to gain some valuable experience as he wasn't getting a sniff of the 1st team, he flat out refused to do so as he felt he was too good to go on loan elsewhere, that was a big mistake in my opinion as no matter how good you believe yourself to be, getting games under your belt is vitally important.

Stavros 69
18-08-2010, 10:57 AM
We need the depth. Welcome.

The Omen
18-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Hmm.... time will tell I guess. Not going to get too excited by this one and don't expect to see him starting in the first team for at least a season.

Gooders
18-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Welcome, young man. :p

Clapham Grand
18-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Welcome Stuart

cpalacefan88
18-08-2010, 11:59 AM
this is great imo we sign a young winger, hopefully he can develop and be a very useful player for us!!

Mickey Gilley
18-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Is he right or left footed?

glaziers fan
18-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Is he right or left footed?

he'll be right footed. there's no such thing as a left-footed winger anymore.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
18-08-2010, 12:39 PM
this is great imo we sign a young winger, hopefully he can develop and be a very useful player for us!!
What , like Cadogan & Dijali (sp.?) you mean ?

jams1234
18-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Welcome. Good to bolster the squad.

Scrumpy
18-08-2010, 12:44 PM
http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15410.AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

CPFC_DAVE77
18-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Young and hungry with a point to prove > Career stagnating after a pay check.

Welcome Stuart, hope we end up talking about what a shrewd signing you were.

Mickey Gilley
18-08-2010, 12:45 PM
he'll be right footed. there's no such thing as a left-footed winger anymore.

I should have realised he was right footed. If he was left footed then you would have been all over this thread! ;)

Kipungu
18-08-2010, 12:46 PM
welcome

Crunchie
18-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Found this on BBC forum, 1 Southend fans recent opinion:

He is 18 years old and has a very good repuation at youth level (turned down a couple of Premier League clubs to join us, as well as winning league 1 scholar of the year a couple of years back).

Sounds promising.

Thanks for the information. Welcome Stuart

NathanCPFCD
18-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Just had the text to confirm we've signed O'Keefe.

Who does everyone get these texts from?

cdm61
18-08-2010, 01:31 PM

the Fat Controller

thehalifaxman
18-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Rebecca Loos

Little Matt
18-08-2010, 01:41 PM

Vernon Kay

Ninja Eric
18-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Another player signing for us from the shrimpers soon.......

Two out of three correct predictions so far from me this season!

dannyboy1807
18-08-2010, 02:07 PM

Harry Monk

cpfcfan1
18-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Harry Monk

:D

jams1234
18-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Ronan Keating.

thefox
19-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Wiki says he is 19. Do we have to pay compo ?

100% Palace
19-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Wiki says he is 19. Do we have to pay compo ?

Not if he wasn't offered a contract when his deal ran out.

gold76
20-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Wonder if we'll see him down at Pompey in the cup? It would be a good place to blood him..

Hudds Eagle
30-11-2011, 10:56 PM
How is this man not a regular?!

Seaside Eagle
30-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Great performance tonight!

Penstone Eagle
30-11-2011, 11:01 PM

I know, incredible isn't it. Plays well every time and would do better than some who make it into the first team.

cockles
30-11-2011, 11:08 PM

Things change. Joniesta became 1st choice from this comp, so may he now.

Wright also did well tonight.

SteveyHawking
30-11-2011, 11:13 PM
He was FANTASTIC tonight. :lux:

Everyone was!! :)

m_reid
30-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Fantastic tonight!!

davematt
30-11-2011, 11:35 PM
How he doesnt get more game time in the league is beyond me; he was outstanding tonight. Surely close to breaking through into the first time week in week out?

maestro
30-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I thought he was excellent, has great energy in his play, he was like a terrier in the middle, scrapped for everything.

The Mush
30-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Completely agree - he hardly wasted a pass. Amazing performance

Danny boy
30-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Class

Ant.Palace
30-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Got to play against Derby surely?

dannyboy1807
01-12-2011, 12:03 AM
He was the best player tonight my man of the match by a mile

danpalace07
01-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Superb perfomance. If I was Jedinak I'd be more than a little worried after watching O'Keefe's display.

KingsleY
01-12-2011, 12:11 AM
No chance, the games on Friday, he just played 120 minutes, and we have other strong first team center mids

Oh south london
01-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Superb perfomance. If I was Jedinak I'd be more than a little worried after watching O'Keefe's display.

This. He put in an exceptional performance tonight.

the kooch
01-12-2011, 03:59 AM
I believe in 4-5 years our midfield of marrow-o'keefe-williams will make barca eat its shit

EagleSE24
01-12-2011, 06:40 AM
I believe in 4-5 years our midfield of marrow-o'keefe-williams will make barca eat its shit
I said the same thing on the live thread. So much potential.

TC EAGLE
01-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Unfortunatley I think Garvan and Jedi will start friday instead of O'keefe and KG

THETwins
01-12-2011, 09:21 AM
a terrier off the ball, a composed passer on it. WELL PLAYED THAT MAN!

Maximus Dowieus
01-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Maybe rest him tomorrow, the guy must be wasted!

gilesy14
01-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Unfortunatley I think Garvan and Jedi will start friday instead of O'keefe and KG

I'd like to see O'Keefe & Garvan together.

Godstone Eagle
01-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Absolutely immense last night

maestro
01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Probably wouldnt start him on friday but definately put him on the bench

Penstone Eagle
01-12-2011, 09:57 AM
I thought he was excellent, has great energy in his play, he was like a terrier in the middle, scrapped for everything.

Which is what is missing from our midfield week in week out, apart from when Williams played.

eagle eye
01-12-2011, 09:58 AM
hope we dont have to wait until the semi before we see O KEEFE again deserves to play much more heard that he might be going on loan league one club

sydnsteve
01-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Not after that display surely? What our midfield has been missing. Such a shame Williams was injured as I tjhink the 2 of them would go well together

Maximus Dowieus
01-12-2011, 10:43 AM
heard that he might be going on loan league one club

It was a big performance wasn't it? I doubt he will be going on loan now but you never know.

Radders
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM

This!! Outstanding!

the digger
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM
He showed all the Manure Prima Donnas what seizing an opportunity is all about last night. Had his chance to shine and grabbed it with both hands while they were busy skulking about the pitch as though they had somewhere better to be. Take a bow, Stuart.

Beanie
01-12-2011, 11:05 AM
heard that he might be going on loan league one club
Seems unlikely especially as the loan window closed last week,

Celestial Empire
01-12-2011, 11:23 AM

4-5 years, and no Sow or Da Silva ?;)

Eagle96
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Current DM's at Palace:

Wright
Jedi
KG
O'Keefe (a bit box-to-box though)
Marrow (if he ever gets fit!)

Future DM's:

Sow (oh my god what a player this guy is and will be, trust me)
Hiram Boateng (naturally more attacking, but has done a great job this season in the year above protecting the back line in the U-18's)
And of course Wynter can play as a DM as well, but is much better/ more comfortable at CB

Current CM's:

Williams (attacking)
Garvan (forward minded)
Dorman (oh dear)

Would personally sell/ get rid of KG, Jedi, Wright and Dorman when we have Sow, O'Keefe and Marrow as the new DM's with Williams (if he's still here, which I doubt), Garvan and Boateng as the new CM's/ AM's.

Things are looking good in the centre of the park for us I think.

Bretton.
01-12-2011, 01:11 PM
didn't put a foot wrong last night, really impressed with him. needs to bulk up a little though..

Ardent Eagle Forever
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Played a blinder last night. Well done that man.

gold76
01-12-2011, 01:33 PM
2012 will be his year, I'm assuming he signed a 2 year deal with us, so I'm guessing we need to tie him down to a long term deal.

Ant.Palace
01-12-2011, 01:49 PM
2012 will be his year, I'm assuming he signed a 2 year deal with us, so I'm guessing we need to tie him down to a long term deal.

70's shirt sponsors 2012/13 season?

gold76
01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Good idea, shall we put it to our social secretary?

Ant.Palace
01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Good idea, shall we put it to our social secretary?

Why not. :)

gold76
01-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Ooh can you do Bunsen a Christmas hat?

-N.W.A-
27-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Thought he was great today and deserves a mention. To come on after hardly playing all season and be thrust into a Wembley final and play how we did was outstanding. We all know how good he is after his league cup performances last season and I along with many others I go with rate him but hasn't had the opportunity this season at all. I didn't realise he had the attacking side to his game he has always shown how well he tackles and breaks up play but when Garvan dropped back and I saw O'keefe go in behind I was suprised but soon saw why as he produced crosses link up play and shots I had him down as far to defensive and not box to box but I was clearly wrong. Well played and hope he gets chances next season.

ET1
27-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Liked his performance today. Have always liked his energy.

Eagle's Nest
27-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Made an immediate impact today. I really started to see why some people are big fans.

Sceagle
27-05-2013, 08:33 PM
His touch to go around the player for his shot was the best touch all game

David of Kent
27-05-2013, 08:35 PM
A real CPFC hero today

bigend1
27-05-2013, 08:36 PM
When he came on and made a few heavy/nervous touches I thought the worst. However after that outstanding :lux:

the elusive k
27-05-2013, 08:37 PM
He's become a bit of a forgotten man with our other midfield options. I had expected him to push on this season after some fine performances at the tail end of last season but he hasn't really featured. I thought he was excellent when he came on and he put a real shift in.

eagle69
27-05-2013, 08:40 PM
changed the game when he came on

awesome performance

PalaceMonkey
28-05-2013, 08:38 AM
thought he was great, must be harder to come on so soon when you've not been expecting to play

Billy Rhino
28-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Terrific performance by O'Keefe, a lot more mobile than KG is. Was one of our best players at Old Trafford too so not shy of the limelight, would like to see him given a chance next season.

CPFC_DAVE77
28-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Yesterday O'Keefe's performance reminded me of ho he played at Man Utd away. Fantastic.

maestro
28-05-2013, 09:10 AM
I loved it when he came on and 5 seconds later he snaps in with a great challenge.

Thats what I like about okeefe, on his day he is like a real terrier in the middle, we needed that bit of bite

Ralph
28-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Top performance yesterday. Could surprise a few people next year as his style of play is exactly what we'll need in abundance to stay up.

Likes Soares and Leigertwood last time round.

Jordan's Jacket
28-05-2013, 09:21 AM
He was excellent yesterday, particularly impressuve given his lack of game time

dmf73
28-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Yesterday O'Keefe's performance reminded me of ho he played at Man Utd away. Fantastic.

That's ewactly what I thought - I thought he was excellent yesterday - kept busy and made a nuisance of himself. KG's injury may have been a blessing in disguise - doubt he would have lasted 120 mins...

PauLo
28-05-2013, 09:39 AM
I loved it when he came on and 5 seconds later he snaps in with a great challenge.

Thats what I like about okeefe, on his day he is like a real terrier in the middle, we needed that bit of bite

I loved that first challenge. It was him saying "right, i'm here, lets ******* do this" :D

One of many heroes from yesterday and silenced his critics in the biggest game of his career.

Eagle's Away
28-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Pleased that Holloway recognised his qualities even though he rarely ever gets game time. We are so much better as a team when we harry the opposition in midfield - both Brighton away and Watford yesterday. However good the Jedi is, he cannot do this alone and KG, on his day, and SOK are wonderful counterfoils for him. We tend to go wrong when we load the midfield with too many 'attacking' players, Dobbie, Garvan & Moritz. I do not count Williams as he can do both - which makes him a real gem.
Just pleased SOK hung in there and was ready and able to do so a good job on the day. Holloway will have noted it along with thousands of us.

Mr Palace
28-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Superb performance from O'Keefe. So pleased for him.

El Aguila
28-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Didn't he do well?

Rasheed Harkouk
28-05-2013, 09:53 AM
His touch to go around the player for his shot was the best touch all game

Yeah agree with this, it happened right down in front of me and looked fantastic and after seeing the replays on the highlights package last night I stand by that impression, was superb footwork.

Hudds Eagle
28-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Would love to see him get a chance alongside Jedi next year. Yesterday and at Old Trafford proves he relishes the big game and we have 38 of those next year.

Frisky
28-05-2013, 10:01 AM
As soon as KG was going off I assumed Bolaise would be on and JW moved to the middle. I was a bit disappointed to see SOK but soon ate my words. Superb performance and exactly what we needed.

Interesting thing was that 2 months ago Olly would have (almost certainly) brought on Bolaise. Dougie would (almost certainly) have brought on SOK. This change in Olly's tactical approach (keeping us solid first rather than a gung ho approach) has won us these play-offs. Well done Olly. And well done SOK.

nellis
28-05-2013, 10:03 AM
I have liked all his performances, and played well yesterday.

For balance, he got a silly yellow card.

El Kooch
28-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Chief Keef has always been class. Great player (thx dougie)

David of Kent
28-05-2013, 10:05 AM
As soon as KG was going off I assumed Bolaise would be on and JW moved to the middle. I was a bit disappointed to see SOK but soon ate my words. Superb performance and exactly what we needed..

I thought the same at first and that it was a big gamble over a player with such little game time. His first action was to close down really quick and win a tackle and immediately I thought this could work out well as he's quicker at closing down than KG and that's what was needed against a footballing team like Watford. He reminds me a little of Simon Rodger in the middle going box to box and closing everything down

Palace Bear
28-05-2013, 10:08 AM
I have liked all his performances, and played well yesterday.

For balance, he got a silly yellow card.

Great performance for SOK but he was very lucky not to get sent off for kicking the ball at that guy on the ground, could have been a villain if he had, fortunately the ref showed a bit discretion and the rest as they say is history!!!

SEEPEEEFFSEE
28-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Within seconds (literally) of being on the pitch, he made a tackle which set the scene for his game! to be thrown into the biggest game of his career like that and perform as he did was unbelievable.

The Omen
28-05-2013, 10:12 AM
I thought the same at first and that it was a big gamble over a player with such little game time. His first action was to close down really quick and win a tackle and immediately I thought this could work out well as he's quicker at closing down than KG and that's what was needed against a footballing team like Watford. He reminds me a little of Simon Rodger in the middle going box to box and closing everything down

Agreed - that first tackle set him up for the rest of the game. My only worry was that he would lose his cool, but luckily the ref was lenient with him

Martin H
28-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Didn't he do well! Like others when KG got injured I was expecting the worst and tbh O'Keefe didn't come to mind as the replacement as he has played so infrequently. I thought he would likely bring on Moritz and pull Williams into the middle or possibly take a risk with Jazza in the middle.

But up he stepped and he fought for every ball, covered a lot of ground and tbh played some nice passes. Would have been the icing on the cake if his shot had gone in after he fooled his way past the defence to hit it from just inside the box. Magic play except for the booking.

Just a side note on the ref at this point - thought he had a great game and can't think of one slip or ego moment from him. Classy. Just found out he lives round the corner from me and so will have to seek him out and thank the dude :-)

SteveyHawking
28-05-2013, 10:29 AM
He was simply IMMENSE! :lux:

Friskey
28-05-2013, 10:35 AM
I don't understand why he doesn't play more, good player.

Jedi_Master
28-05-2013, 10:37 AM
looked so much more energetic and mobile than kg

Jedi_Master
28-05-2013, 10:46 AM
he was awesome

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
28-05-2013, 10:59 AM
He did do well but blimey he could have seen red on another day... that was a very silly thing to do.
But he didn't, so who cares?!! :lux:

Absolution
28-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Surprised he didn't play 4/5 games ago when KG was lagging. Was solid though, really rose to the occasion.

EdMan
28-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Great performance for SOK but he was very lucky not to get sent off for kicking the ball at that guy on the ground, could have been a villain if he had, fortunately the ref showed a bit discretion and the rest as they say is history!!!

He didn't really boot it though, it was more of a chip. And the guy writhing on the ground was a bit rich considering it hit his arm first.

NateEagle
28-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Echo the sentiments on here. I was a little dubious of the decision to bring him on but from his first tackle you could see he was going to boss it.

Whenever ive seen him in the big games he has been great but on the seldom appearances for normal games he can disappear.

He's younger than i realised so could be a big player for us in the future if he can develop further from what we saw yesterday.

eagles #1
28-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I haven't seen it again...But I'm sure he was just trying to pass the ball back to Jedinak who happened to be behind the pussy on the floor?

;)

gold76
28-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Does the simple things well, a good player to have in the squad.

EdMan
28-05-2013, 11:14 AM
I haven't seen it again...But I'm sure he was just trying to pass the ball back to Jedinak who happened to be behind the pussy on the floor?

;)

Who's the pussy on the floor? :D

aj4england
28-05-2013, 11:32 AM
May be a better player in the Premiership as may have more time on the ball.