PDA

View Full Version : Palace Trialists

NathanCPFCD
14-07-2010, 09:52 PM
http://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/Tubbs-wondergoal-paves-way-for.6420244.jp

"PALACE: Speroni, Wright, Holland, McCarthy, Barrett, Dorman, Djilali, Danns, Morgan, N'Diaye, Lee. SUBS (all used: Brunno, Holness, Nnamani, Pinney, Andrew, Bridgecott, Cadogan"

So the trialists are -
Morgan
Brunno
Holness
Nnamani
Bridgecott (assumming that means Bridcutt)
and this Remi guy, although not mentioned in the article, he definitely played.

Dean Morgan has played for Colchester, Luton Town, Reading, Southend (loan), Crewe Alexandra (loan), Grays Athletic, and most recently has been released by MK Dons after being on loan to Aldershot town. He usually plays as a striker or winger. Really not sure on this one. In the first half he did his best work chasing back, in the second before he went off he started to look a threat. Worth a couple more games and if he settles and improves, could be worth a deal to the end of the season for sure.

Liam Bridcutt is a midfielder, who can also play in defence. He came through the Chelsea youth system and signed a pro contract in 2007. He has never had an appearance for Chelsea but has had 30 appearances out on loan to yeovil town, watford and stockport county; scoring no goals. Given 20 minutes. First thought is that he is small, but quite quickly showed that he is one of those small players with strength and a good centre of gravity. Worked hard, thoughtful runs, simple passing. Good player. Sign please.

The Remi guy could be Remi Mareval who is a French 27 year old left back on trial. Most recently played for FC Nantes, but back in 2004 also played for Oldham Atheltic. Although not a prolific goalscorer, he scored the fastest goal in the history of France football Ligue 2, in 8 seconds, from 60 metres!! May not be the right Remi, but he sounds good :lux: Looked pretty decent. One shot went out for a throw on the opposite side of the pitch, but he looked strong, quick and quite proficient on the ball. Drifted inwards quite a lot - worth a few more games and a closer look I think.

Jerry Nnamani is a defender in the Palace U18s. Apart from that I do not know much about him. The same with Charlie Holness - defender in U18s.

As for this Brunno guy, I have absolutely no idea!! Fans enjoyed his name. Was heavily involved in his 45 minutes, looked good going forward, not much support though. Some good crossing too. Gave the ball away a few times. Not sure where he is from and what level he is used to - could do a job, but would need to see more to be convinced.

Any opinions on how they played yesterday? Any conclusive info on who these Remy and Brunno blokes are? Despite the result, what positives can be taken from yesterday and todays results? Any new trialists today?

chatham_eagle
14-07-2010, 09:56 PM
They've got Holland mixed up with the old, retired dude. He's an academy player.

NathanCPFCD
14-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Oh riiiiight, Jack Holland? Oh and the quote is only the team list, the rest is my speculation :D

cpfcben
14-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Remy was terrible tonight. i cannot see us signing him.

hamge
14-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Remy was terrible tonight. i cannot see us signing him.

I can. He will play against Chelsea i think.

pauldrulez
14-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I can. He will play against Chelsea i think.
Were you at either game?

Then how can you see us signing him when people returning from both games think he was pretty average.

hamge
14-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Were you at either game?

Then how can you see us signing him when people returning from both games think he was pretty average.

Ok. I wasn't at either game but we need a LB (i hope he is a left back) until Hills come back. Make it a contract like Ryan Smiths.

cpfcben
14-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Remy was hapless tonight. I would rather play one of the kids ie parsons.

Kipungu
14-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I know its been said before, but even im beginning to think this hamge is a bit of a wind up merchant.

NathanCPFCD
14-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I know its been said before, but even im beginning to think this hamge is a bit of a wind up merchant.

I thought about writing this, but didn't think he was worth the bother.

hamge
14-07-2010, 10:46 PM

What. I am being serious. He has been given mixed reviews by people on here. He played 2 games in 2 days which is hard on anyone. I think he will play against Chelsea and i think he will be given a chance.

Woosie
15-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Remie (that's how the official site spell it) was shit against Crawley and got hauled off at half time which was far too late, considering anything that went to him down the left hand side got wasted. Cannot believe some people thought he played well (Crawley vs Palace match thread)

Dean Morgan deserves another chance, as he looked quite decent tbh, but kind of got played on the right wing a bit unless that was just him drifting over there.

Compared to Remmie, Bruno was amazing. But on balance he didn't do much but looked ok. Not sure if we should give him another go or not.

Holness scored a beauty in the youth cup last year, and was key to winning some of our games in it. He is a left footed central midfielder I believe.

Bridcutt did very little really, just made the odd tackle and won a foul which Danns proceded to shoot miles over.

Hamge - Remmie won't play against Chelsea I don't think, not after a woeful performance against Crawley.